What exactly made anime from before 2005 so much better than today?

what exactly made anime from before 2005 so much better than today?

Attached: file.png (1436x1079, 1.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/nhv9bk.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=Tky2rTQ_IUc
files.catbox.moe/njeisc.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=ZwIxVlGy9Dw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing.

oh ok thread's over then thanks for coming everyone

>The criminal is always black
Sasuga Gosho

Attached: vlcsnap-2015-08-27-22h38m57s170.png (640x360, 131K)

Watch some dipshit come here and say animation was better, even though it wasn't.

Nostalgia

You were young before 2005, and should fuck off the internet if you're still visiting Yea Forums in your 30s.

Fuck off boomer.

fuck off faggot

Okay Brian

heh.

Attached: manlyman.jpg (1023x572, 44K)

why do so few shows do the big head gag nowadays?

Attached: file.png (1445x1079, 1.58M)

You were a happy child full of dreams and hope, you hadn't yet been exposed to the cruel reality of the world and thought that you'd accomplish something with your life and that it was worth living.

>30s
>boomer
Boomers are in their late 50s-60s.

2017 was a better year for anime than any year from 2005 and earlier

> OLD GOOD
> NEW BAD

Attached: 1561481646057.png (500x340, 161K)

Show's over, everyone go home.

Anime got a lot more popular in Nipland around that time thanks to Densha Otoko and the like. Companies started pandering the niwaka otaku (ie Japanese Yea Forums) instead of the more discerning core audience and this tended to make low quality works a better bet

Better color palettes

This but unironically

Attached: detectivegeorge_younggiant.png (993x703, 913K)

Attached: file.png (999x754, 881K)

Because modern anime is shit

This.

Look, my favorite era is 2000-2009 (especially character design and adaptation types), but it's not like anime is way different now than it was back then.

This, shading and no CGI.

It's less about what made old better as much as why is new worse. There's way more shows coming out. This results in most being worse.

Why does their color palettes suck now that they use computers? Why can't they do the same colors as back then? WHY??

this isn't reddit

I don't quite understand your point?

that post sounds more like the kind of thing you'd see on reddit instead of Yea Forums

How so? I see posts like that on Yea Forums everyday. Do you run across this attitude on reddit often?

I disagree wholeheartedly with that post, but also don't understand why reddit. I wish I was a reddit expert myself.

gatekeeping on Yea Forums this mentally defect faggot

>How so?
this seems kinda reddity too honestly but I'm not really trying to say anything much.

>>How so?
>this seems kinda reddity too
At this point you are just rejecting people for things you dislike. I have never been on reddit, so I cannot have adopted its attitude. If that's the same level of reddit-ness that you use to judge other posts by, then I guess I can safely ignore your "criticism".

Common mistake newfriends make. They assume Reddit has something to do with the website reddit.com because it has the same name, but it actually just means "bad" in a totally general sense

it's more specific than that, calling something reddit is different from calling something tumblr or resetera

>but it actually just means "bad"
So you mean to say it's bad trying to figure out what the other party is saying and that I should just insult them at every opportunity?

I think he's being partially sarcastic

It's surprising that no one can reproduce the same effects with advanced technology, why has anime industry stopped looking at the past?

Cherrypicking and your oldfag larping.

Why do people who complain about the state of current anime often know nothing about old anime and modern anime?

Attached: [Nii-sama] Kidou Senkan Nadesico - 25 [1080p][BD][HEVC][10bit][AAC].mkv (00.17.01.812).jpg (1440x1080, 1.49M)

You're really learning fast

So am I. I have nothing against redirecting people. But there should be at least a measure of objectively measurable reasoning behind it.
People discuss videogames? That's easy.
People bring up memes that we know originated on Yea Forums? Less obvious, but still doable.
People make political jokes? This is where things get complicated.

I personally bring up reddit when people refuse to link to the posts of the people they are responding to because (You)s are now upvotes and they don't want to give out any upvotes. But it's also very subjective.

Post-Eva market shakeup.
Everyone was trying to hop on the gravy train of late-night adult targeted anime but no one had it fully figured out how to make money off of mature content yet. And Eva specifically made people think that there might be more to "mature" than pandering to jizzbrains, while the evenlope can be pushed further than in Eva (which iirc originally aired in a daytime slot).
So people got funding for some crazy shit and unique things. If you think how crazy stuff like Lain is, not just for anime standards but general standards of TV in year 1998. It's just not something you can do with zoomer audience conditioned to salivate at the sound of Avengers jingle.

Attached: lain-is-a-bear.jpg (1008x720, 55K)

Same reason the people who defend recent anime know nothing. Yea Forums is a casual board

why is Yea Forums in particular so infamous?

Yea Forums and Yea Forums are like siblings. They are the original hobby boards of Yea Forums. It's a bit like rivalry between brothers.
It's also a fact that for over a decade now, Yea Forums's culture has gone down the gutter.

Yea Forums is just cringe
Yea Forums is cringe but also /pol/

It's not like CG wasn't used in the past. But I have a feeling that it gotten way worse. Especially if they using it on characters or generally in the foreground.

It's full of retarded dubfags.

You mean Yea Forums and Yea Forums. Yea Forums is like that retarded spazz no one likes.

The quality of TV anime's been almost consistent for the last 40 years. If you're going to complain about 80% of TV anime in the last few years, you might as well complain about 80% of TV anime in the mid-90s.
There are people on Yea Forums who unironically believe that the 90s were stacked with great or good anime while great or good modern anime is far-and-in-between.
In actuality, the ratio of good to bad's been almost the exact same. Good anime was far-and-in-between back then too.

Attached: 20 - The Never-Ending Battle.mkv (00.14.54.894).jpg (1280x720, 472K)

Fucking normalfags.

No, I mean Yea Forums and Yea Forums.
Yea Forumsorts are not a typical nerd hobby. And Yea Forums used to be different.

it's more than just the technical side though

They had more money to be experimental and put more time and effort into their animation. That's not to say that there isn't anime today or even during 2005 that wasn't good, or that digital animation is a bad thing.
The real problem is that most anime have to rely on blu-ray and merch sales to cover the cost. And that they've been doing more manga, LN, and even Gacha adaptations because they know there's an audience for it. Original or even experimental anime is too risky, and it seems like only highly praised studios or directors can have the chance to do it.
Besides, people tend to have more of a fondness for things they grew up with due to nostalgia. There's kids out now saying that anime in 2015 was better than anything before it.

/v has probably gotten worse since /vg/ launched?

Videogames got mainstream long before anime did, and I think that was the main killer.

Many years ago (getting on like a decade at this point) there was a lot of overlap between the users of Yea Forums and Yea Forums. Yea Forums became a very popular board that necessarily had a different culture from Yea Forums around that time and this led to a lot of tension. Also at the time moepigs on Yea Forums started a campaign to call anyone who doesn't like their shows "from Yea Forums" very similar to general purpose tactic of saying anyone you disagree with is from Reddit, and this stuck

since we're talking about Yea Forums culture now, I want to ask what is the target audience for /bant/ and Yea Forums?

/bant/ and [s4s] are shitpost boards. [s4s] was made to make fun of websites like reddit and 9gag and their memes and culture, it's an ironic board. /bant/ was made to be /pol/'s trashcan but it got taken over by a mix of Yea Forums, /jp/ and [s4s] and they launched a shitpost campaign to keep /pol/, /r9k/ and /int/ out.
[s4s] pretends to be autistic but /bant/ is really autistic, half of their community hangs out in other chans and discordshit so most of the memes are inside jokes nobody understands.

kek

>/bant/ was made to be /pol/'s trashcan but it got taken over by a mix of Yea Forums, /jp/ and [s4s] and they launched a shitpost campaign to keep /pol/, /r9k/ and /int/ out.
Ok, that revitalized my interest in it, will check it out.

I agree that the average quality of TV anime hasn't changed much, but the number of really good TV anime has gone down a lot even though the total number of TV anime has gone up. And movies are shit compared to what they were and OVAs barely exist

cringe

Less Otaku pandering

this is the correct answer

Nah. You're just a fucking normalfags that don't know a thing about the anime. You only watched the most popular western pandering shit.

Excuse me, what? Who the fuck do you think the majority of anime then was being made for and created by? Normal folk?

Nostalgia so extreme you might as well call it brain damage.

Yeah, these idiots unironically thinks like this.

What went to right?

Attached: 1542815179971.jpg (1280x1138, 330K)

This. I wonder if "old anime real anime" and "down with QUALITY" crowds are different, or just bipolar.

Because today is all about pandering and fanservice with no real quality

you sound a bit upset there, user

>today

Attached: 1493378480347.webm (640x480, 775K)

But that's unironically the most accurate post.

it was still otaku bait but otaku were better back then too

what exactly the fuck is going on here

innocent sex and racism

We need a /meta/ board to talk about this shit

Duh. It's obviously a bunch of espers learning how to teleport.

Attached: 1495441113949.gif (350x263, 1.76M)

Temporary invincibility after being hit.

No CGI

When you have 100+ ping

Otaku pandering is fine, the problem is with Hikikomori pandering

>otaku were better back then too
They really weren't. Do you guys think Anno made Evangelion for nothing or what? You probably think this because genres like sci-fi and cyberpunk were more popular back then but a lot of that was garbage too but for different reasons

Character design

Attached: 8D2F4D3C-85AC-4087-9E88-57C5EA8DAD0D.jpg (1000x665, 152K)

Did you not see anything other than Evangelion? Anno didn't hate otakus, he was very willing to pander to them

>Anno didn't hate otakus
I never said he did, but Eva was clearly a message to people like them.

I meant more in terms of taste than in terms of character

see > You probably think this because genres like sci-fi and cyberpunk were more popular back then but a lot of that was garbage too but for different reasons

even the worst anime from back then didn't have premises like what you see today

>people should stop using websites they've always used because king zoomer underage the first says it is his place now

Go back to tiktok, faggot

And this is how I know you never bothered checking old anime.

I doubt you've seen anything pre 2010s on the level of some of the isekai variants

soul

Most modern anime is better than even cherrypicked old stuff which stood the test of time.

>Most modern anime
No.

Is this a real line? What the hell?

You're both wrong. There is a difference, but it's not that there weren't exceptionally bad anime in the past, it's that there aren't exceptionally good anime now

>there aren't exceptionally good anime now
Wrong

Speaking specifically about animation quality you don't need to choose stuff like VEG. Even anime fabled for its QUALITY, like imouto writer would unironically be of great quality if teleported to 90's, not even talking about earlier stuff.

Underage b&

Because it's cringe and unfunny

It's cute though.

Name one in the last five years

nostalgia

Why 2005?
Also “anime from before 2005” means a lot of shit. The late 90’s is comoletely different from the late 70’s or mid 80’s. What anime are you talking about?

>imouto writer would unironically be of great quality if teleported to 90's
You talk without full knowledge of the facts.

Attached: e3e96685b485e0d59139434fe380ea32.webm (640x480, 2.52M)

Not really,it's the type of cheap overexaggerated nonsense gags that make my skin crawl

Rakugo
NNB
VEG
Ping Pong
Mushishi Zoku Shou
3-gatsu
MIA

Attached: 1495416877857.png (599x542, 318K)

Stop watching anime.

OP noticed that the quality declined at that point. The reason is that the traditional audience for anime got replaced by a bunch of poser casuals (Japan calls them niwaka) and the boom year of 2006 was the first time the industry really started catering to them

>cherrypicks
>forgets to mention GW looks nothing like the OP

It was when prime-time anime completely shifted into the nighttime slots, and from that came a shift in tone for anime onwards.

Seriously, compare 2000-2004 anime to 2005-2009 anime.

Nothing special
Six years old (not that it would count anyway)
Dogshit
Maybe, but the artsy approach is really different from what usually makes people get into anime
Worse than the first one which is overrated
Melodramatic shit
Garbage

Why? Because I don't like an overused trope from the past that fortunately died out already?

why do poser casuals like otaku bait stuff more than the target audience?

Your taste is to blame here, not anime.

Attached: 1438357974977.jpg (632x483, 270K)

It's mostly because they like the modern anime "aesthetic" and will 100% think it is nothing but awesome simply for not looking western.

You reply to me and choose to ignore the user who had the guts to say that the imouto anime abomination would be an excellence in the 90s? Unless the user is you.
I picked a random Webm to show how the animation looked like AT ITS BEST in that period, meaning you could achieve such results under certain conditions (money, time...).

What do you consider "exceptionally good anime"?

Stuff like Lucky Star or Eromanga-sensei isn't actually otakubait, but what someone with no real understanding of that culture thinks otakubait is

Because contemporary anime is not expressive. The voice acting is, but the character animation is completely dead.

2004 had Marimite, Fantastic Children, and the Tetsujin remake as good examples.

The film decline hurts me the most.

>otakus are not cute girls, but fat men
That wouldn't be very watchable.

i can’t watch anything cel. unironically too ugly

Yikes

Thanks for reminding me of Captain Tylor. Need to rewatch for the 100th time.
Sequel when?

Imagine being this much of a faggot

When was the last really good one? Can't have been more than two or three this decade

There are some gags where I'm glad they don't do anymore.

If by expressive you mean exaggerated and melodramatic reactions to mundane shit then modern anime still has plenty.

Seriously, why are characters in anime today so inexpressive?

Attached: catseye.png (1044x362, 592K)

If we actually only compared the best animated cuts produced in each decade, 2010s would get shit on really hard.

if it makes you feel better, i can’t watch modern anime anymore either because most of the time it’s low budget slideshows. i stick to manga only

It all begun in 2005 when KyoAnus tried something new with their anime "Air" which invented what would be known as "Moeshit" resulting in the death of anime. After the success of Air all the other anime studios tried to copy Kyoanus resulting in every new anime being bugeyed moeshit for otaku losers, yuck!

Attached: i fuckin hate moeshit.jpg (1631x753, 488K)

If Yea Forums was actually discussing video games maybe I would go there more.

But 00-05 was a completely new audience than before that. The cheap, digital “net” era of anime with the Akihabara spirit is unlike any other time in anime.

They took risks now and then instead of making safe shit to not offend obsessive otaku who'd send death threats over their waifu kissing the MC, a character dying or something.

Maybe to make them more attractive. At least that the excuse disney has.

>there are no anime nowadays with characters kissing or dying

Wait a minute, there were people who thought the big head thing wasn't dumb as hell?

Would it though?
As far as TV anime goes the 2010s had OPM season 1, Star Driver, MP100 season 2, SnK season 1 and, of course, Violet Evergarden.

I don't know if you know but older TV broadcasts looked like shit.

Attached: 1523506960008.png (725x684, 354K)

Much less and usually in much less shocking ways

>gets proven wrong
>nu-uh those don't follow my new arbitrary criteria

>The most popular girl in one of the most popular anime in Japan right now canonically was a sex slave for spics
>

we were supposed to list stuff that made old anime better not worse

Switch To HD broadcasting.
Studios that had gotten used to using Digital effects and now how to up the quality of their pictures to justify HD broadcasts were left with only one option! LIGHT BLOOM! FOG! RANDOM LINEAR COLOR GRADIENTS! HAIR SO DETAILED IT IGNORED THE LIGHTSOURCE OF THE SCENERY.

You have a very liberal definition of "proven wrong".
How about you actually watch pre-2005 anime sometime

No moeshit, significantly less solshit, isekaishit, haremshit and CGDCT bullshit. Anime back then had good stories and was thought-provoking, now it's all about some cocksucking dipshit highschooler being transferred into another world and his choices come down to either fucking a girl with blue colored hair or the girl with pink colored hair. It's a fucking travesty.

Attached: 1541931315100.jpg (400x400, 29K)

I wouldn't put the Dororo remake too far below Tetsujin 2004.

who?

One of the highest profile show of last year had the main girl be a slut.

>One
Yeah exactly

ya mum

This. Even based Kyoani fell for the post-processing meme.

Violet Evergarden looked like dogshit. You the animator director was had absolute no idea what the fuck they were doing to the point where I'm certain they haven't worked in the industry for more than a handful of years.

There was moeshit before 2005, and it was also a lot better. Compare Kokoro Library to something like Kinmoza for an example of the decline even in that area

>No moeshit,
wrong.

except K-On is the peak.

It fucking was.
Fuck you stupid zoomer cunt.
Cel animation >>>>>>>> shitty soulless digital trash

Normalfags and edgy lords praise 80s and 90s claiming "Hur sur oñd anime God, new bad moeshit" because is just a form of attention whoring.

Old anime have bad animation, shitty plots and obscure ecchi gore cyberpunk ovas because was the moda in the era (Traumatized by War i guess). Only jewels come to western and that start the fucking myth because normalfags don't watch the complete season, only cherrypicking of few popular and famous anime.

Now we live in a golden era with 30+ anime per season (choose your flavour) and streaming/torrent in real time. I don't get the faggots who blame "all is moeshit, reeee harem" when is not.

Attached: maxresdefault (24).jpg (1280x720, 123K)

nostaliga and you being a dumbass. srriously, anime in the 90s was better? Do you rmmber those gainax endings, evangelion rip offs everywhere, overwhleming unneccssary fan service? I can't imagine something as artistic as a place further than the universe coming out in that era

Soul is a meme.

Attached: Moe (2).jpg (1002x1011, 203K)

You can't replicate real paints with computers.
You can't replicate brushstrokes either.

>One of the highest profile show
I didn't say it was the only one.

No, there was almost no moeshit, because anime was centered around the story, not the fucking character traits, now we got moeshit galore and these are going to get much worse.

>Old anime is all shitty OVAs only the overseas audience ever cared about
Try watching the stuff that was popular in Japan in the 80s casual faggot

Soul
Soul
Soul
soulless

>meaning you could achieve such results under certain conditions (money, time...).
Different user here. I'd like to play devil's advocate here (without knowledge of the animation quality of that imouto anime).
1) Potential animation quality is a weird limit to discuss, because it's been the same since the early 20th century. In theory, you can make anime of the same quality as the best of Disney. The technology was there. The talent was there. No one bothered to do it because that wasn't the point. Anime is notoriously made at low frame rates to save time, and it's only partially animated too.
2) I just said that anime is only partially animated. The amount of animation has gone up though for TV productions. Even badly animated shows of today typically feature far more animation than shows of the past.

So a TV anime with standard quality and quantity of animation of today would be excellent by the standards of old simply because it would deliver animation on a more consistent basis, even if none of the animation within were anything special by itself.

Bet none of them actually watch mostly pre-00's anime. Instead they mostly watch ongoings and recent stuff and claim otherwise only to simulate the oldfag spirit.

>no, there was almost no moeshit
watch more anime
also

Those anime weren't evangelion ripoffs per se, it's more like during the 90s and early 00s in Japan there was a pretentious shit craze not just in anime but mainstream film and literature
garbage like evangelion was everywhere

Stop pretending the decline of manime and psychological anime didn’t coincide with the rise of moe for moe’s sake. It’s 2019, we’re past that time, you can be honest now.

The moe anime back then was still primarily for little girls so it was a lot purer and more interesting than the cloying and insubstantial stuff that comes out now

Desoulize it further then.

The only good cuts these days are in tv anime because film and OVA are dead. I'm talking about the best of the best regardless of the format.

THIS. Almost every anime is moeshit now.

Attached: REAL History of Anime.jpg (1002x903, 334K)

If your studio doesn't get death threats you are doing something wrong.

None of what you said is bad. The fact that you care about fanservice makes you a normalfag.

Pleb.

Based falseflagger with outdated issues from 8 years ago.

Redline and those godly animated backgrounds from Garden of Words and Your Name are still a thing. So no, the good cuts aren't found only in TV anime nowadays.

>hey everyone I'm a huge contrarian
Omedetou.

>the best bits from the best shows back then would be better than worst bits from the shows considered dismal today
Ok, this way we can get some agreement.

bait but based

Disney?
Disney films usually are very expressive, more expressive than any anime ever made.
I haven't watched the recent shit though talking about golden age shit and to the early 2000s

golden age fallacy

They showed things happening that you didn't see coming from a mile away.

>He thinks sakuga is the most important aspect of visual direction

You are posting images from select few titles, you can check out this year's selection of anime and be amazed at how there's nothing but solshit with nothing but moeshit in it. Sure there was moeshit characters back then even in non-moeshit anime, but it was few and far between and definitely not in the same quantities like today.

>No moeshit,
You made yourself look like a moron with just two words.

>be amazed at how there's nothing but solshit with nothing but moeshit in it
That is simply false,try actually watching anime.

I'm watching sayonara zetsubou-sensei and I'm actually impressed how flat, static, and slowly edited it is. I would genuinely believe you if you told me the manga had more panels than this does stills.

Moeshit is actually dying.

Is this ironic? How the fuck can you say the now screenshot aren't 100x more interesting than the battle shounen ones?

>there's nothing but solshit with nothing but moeshit in it
Indeed. There's no hope boys, anime is dead. Lets all go back to Yea Forums and Yea Forums.

Attached: solshit moeshit.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

Literally just open MAL's seasonal anime page and be proved wrong.

in before: fuck off with MAL shit

>more interesting
let's be honest with ourselves, besides stand outs like CCS did you really find anime purely for little girls to be more interesting?

That shoe screenshot contains the infinite soul.

Than Kirarashit? Yes. It still is

Attached: f.png (586x183, 112K)

I don't remember the exact interview but they talked about how they made the characters in frozen less expressive to keep them pretty. It was kinda recent nothing from old disney though.

Only non-moeshit anime I can think of from this season is Vinland Saga the rest is complete and unadulterated moe centric garbage.

If you want realism and adult stuff, just watch movies or doramas.

>MAL

Attached: how come all anime are so bad these days.jpg (2403x591, 467K)

Shojo is kino

mahou shoujo for little girls is based

flopland saga

You are correct.

Attached: unadulterated moe centric garbage.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

>ever complaining about lack of quality anime
Fact: there are more worthwhile anime in the backlog than 99% of anime fans will ever watch. If you have an issue with the trends of the time, screw seasonalshit.

>i don't know what in before means

>Anime is bad because it's airing right now
Retard

You can't read the impressions about anime which air now, meanwhile you can get lists of the past best.

I don't remember that actual screenshot from Cheer Fruits.
It's a good anime, but let's not pretend that it's edgy.

You are making a good point though. Plenty of people make erroneous assumptions about anime and then never watch them because "it's all moeshit" or whatever.
I trust my own judgements when picking what anime I want to try out. But I know for a fact that I missed a number of gems that had to be pointed out to me later by Yea Forums. I could invest more time into research, but then I always think "why bother?".

Incorrect. Most anime is bad at any time, seasonalshit is mostly bad, backlog tier is mostly good. If you don’t like what is currently airing and if you aren’t a seasonal only pleb, you go for the backlog at any time.

yeah, okay, enjoy your precure.

You don't know how inb4 is used.
You can't attach it to your post to make yourself immune to whatever anons are going to predictably say about your shit.
It's said by somebody else to point out that your shit is going to attract a certain kind of reply.

You posting shit and then pointing out that people are going to call you out on posting shit just means you are an intentional shitposter. At least justify the shit with an actual argument, rather than just lampshading it.

USSR was alive

Slightly less-blatant otaku pandering. The darker tone of a lot of stuff was also nicer imo, though I'm okay with the brighter tone of more recent stuff.

Go to Yea Forums edgylord

Being assblasted over MAL being mentioned is non-argument to begin with, faggot. Since there's inherently nothing wrong with using MAL as what it was intended to be, i.e. a fucking database.

this image is so retarded that I can't tell who it's supposed to be baiting

>anything with a cute girl in it is moe centric

>kyoanus
>moeshit
gtfo zoomer

Attached: animewhathappened.jpg (1280x480, 134K)

That is an actual argument, and that's what you should have said, rather than just inb4, which really just translates to calling yourself a faggot.

Suck my cock, dude.

Back then smile was the sun, but what about now?

Now it's UY Scuti.

>hey everyone I'm a huge contrarian
Whatever man, enjoy your bloom & depth of field.

Opening up MAL's seasonal anime page actually proves you wrong. I see numerous amount of shows with plots that don't center girls acting cute

Modern TV anime sucks
Why are 80s OVAs so much better?

Attached: fuck moeshit.jpg (2212x794, 317K)

guarantee left is a still

With modern anime, I wouldn't be so sure.

It's western pandering shit for normalfags. Go fuck yourself retard.

Attached: [WHW] Tantei Opera Milky Holmes Dai 2 Maku 03 [BD.h264.AAC][D0300DAC].webm (1280x720, 302K)

Vinland Saga is very popular in Japan though?

The right as well.

Not normalfag pandering for westerners.
Western pandering for normalfags.
Japan has normalfags too.

Expression is not only about gesture and excessive body animation.
Most anime works is doing way better work with emotion expression because they are focusing on way more important thinks like eyes, various camera angles and very straightforward facial expressions.
Focusing on realism doesn't mean more expression. I hate modern Disney especially. Thier older works were at least entertaining.

Also golden age is different for literal any person. For me it's 1999-2009.

So which is better? It's gotta be the 80's ova, right?

Attached: One_Pound_Gospel_-_1_-_OVA_-_(RAW).webm (640x480, 156K)

Apart from the mouth that's basically a still with a stupid shaking effect added to it.

Daily reminder : hating on moe is completely retarded. Japanese popculture is literally based on 'moe' since 80s. Hating moe is like hating anime and Japanese popculture in general.
Also, when I see that someone is hating 'moe' and thinks that moe is only about modern anime I immediately know that he's nothing but normalfag retard.

Name one anime with zero animated mouth flopping stills.

When I said Golden Age I meant Golden Age of Animation as in 1920 to 1950 aka the period with the best animation and most innovation in animation history.

No way in hell is Anime ever more expressive than Western Animation from the Golden Era. Heck it's not even more expressive than western shit from the 90s/2000s.
Anime usually shies away from facial expressions in particular partly because they're too lazy/cheap to animate them.
Studio Ghibli for example has very unexpressive dull characters because "muh realism/muh subtlety"

He is just a contrarian tsundere who probably has a room full of CGDCT figurines, but pretends otherwise on Yea Forums.

/thread

I am no boomer.
My parents were.

Attached: 1980s In the kitchen with mom.jpg (676x626, 120K)

Why didn't they pass you boomer genes?

There isn't any but you're using a picture from a mouth flopping still to pretend that stuff is good.
If you want to cherrypick use VEG or something.

>little shit caught stealing utensils

Attached: 1489811602933.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

'sup Yea Forums.

Attached: How come none of these posts mention video games?.webm (1492x674, 2.67M)

That's some dedication to the topic.

From what clips I've seen of Frozen the characters are plenty expressive or at least much more expressive than your average anime.
The blonde has your typical teenage bitch face though.

>Since there's inherently nothing wrong with using MAL
Back to And real anime fans use anidb or anidex.

heres a slice of amazing VEG sakuga straight from a compilation of amazing god tier cuts
its remarkable how kyoanus drones circlejerk this mundane show when true masterpieces of animation like milky holmes exist

Attached: fb58476b2d7ef4a4f046a526902adfbe.webm (854x480, 353K)

>I cannot perceive subtlety

>zoomer posting on a board from 2003
Go make your own lulz site kiddo. This one wasn't made for you.

>soul vs soulless

muh deep and intellectual storylines
muh manime, muh edge
fucking pedo otaku and their moeshit get the fuck out of my anime

Attached: 1446550614783.png (1703x1696, 632K)

sup Yea Forums

I am convinced it's still the same people making these complaints.

Nigger do you really think that deviantart-tier digital trash in the left looks good?

>Shitty as deviantart-tier drawing
>Stupid shaky cam
Looks so fucking terrible.
Even Family Guy looks better than this shit.

Enough is enough, Yea Forums.

Attached: 1545420470419.jpg (625x626, 30K)

Wow actual (albeit limited)animation.

>Standard bait
>Professional
Is this bait?

nu-moe is very different from the old shit

>thinking a fish will know the difference
Stop baiting.

>that classic woodgrain kitchen
ah fuck you got me nostalgic

Who knew Yea Forums was full of Milky Holmes fans now. Might have to head over there if their taste has improved that much

If you think animation > stills then you legitimately don't know shit about anime.

Attached: based dezaki.png (1440x1080, 1.74M)

30 year old here and guess what - we are actually considered millenials.

do that
go and stay go

/thread

Retards like OP are probably looking at anime from back then with rose tinted glasses thanks to Toonami spoonfeeding him. That block gave people a really dumb idea of what the anime industry was like in the past.

Attached: 1314916142374.jpg (278x278, 26K)

>being this new

Not him but do you even know what アニメ stands for you retarded nigger?

Hello Miyazaki you pretentious hack.

Back in the 90s Toonami aired an isekai harem, yet for some reason normalfags believe isekai was invented this decade. How do you explain this???

>kawaii dog crap
Based 90s boomers

Why does every fucking thread here on Yea Forums get derailed with reddit hateboner obsession? Its like that fucking ex you won't shut up about.

Much easier to feel superior by not using The Evil Website than by actually doing something

Because most of 4channel is redditors trying very hard to fit in.

People like the guy you're replying to spent so long there they cannot post properly unless they frame it within the context of their favorite site

Sure I do. Are you implying you know more about anime than men who created it for decades while abusing stills?

I'm claiming you don't know what アニメ means.

>nobody has posted the classic yet

Attached: anime is dead.png (1145x481, 49K)

That 80s OVA you posted looks better than that M. Night Shyamalan screen shaking bullshit from 2012.
Cope.

it must have been difficult to watch anime in the 70s

you've seen the shit they wrote on pompeji walls? things never change

They look like spics on the right.

As always fpbp

I read that anime clubs back in the day had one people who knew japanese and was translating for them in real-time while watching an anime.

Some would even go to great lengths such as trying to make voices that fit the characters.

On first sight?
Old Anime > Abune Now > Very Old Anime > Anime Back Then

>Old Anime >
I don't know. That girl is ugly.

She does look ugly. But the artstyle very good. If the same girl was done with the other art style, she would look TOO ugly.

Attached: dont_underestimate_me_by_kamillehaslostitplz-d31beri.png (900x681, 760K)

Kill yourselves Yea Forumsermin
Old anime is cutscenes up the ass to avoid animating anything for more than 2 seconds.

>Old anime is cutscenes up the ass to avoid animating anything for more than 2 seconds.
Retard. New anime is like this to a much bigger extreme.
All while having shittier digital coloring.

>"I'm a manlet!"
there fixed

>Making fun of a child for not being tall
Retard

Attached: What went wrong (2).jpg (2558x720, 212K)

Yeah I have a lot of nostalgia for some old shows too, but I honestly think that the 2010-2019 era has produced some of the best, most memorable anime series yet.

I could easily name a dozen great shows made in the 2010-2019 era without really thinking about it, while i'd be hard pressed to name more than 5? great shows from the 80s, 90s, and 00s respectively.

damn, old school anime pros were really butthurt over sailor moon (to be honest, I hated it growing up too)

>while i'd be hard pressed to name more than 5? great shows from the 80s, 90s, and 00s respectively.
What the fuck? Do you even watch anime? I can do that without think-
Wait a minute are you trying to trick me into giving you recs?

>16 years old
>child

Once you're out of diapers you'll realize 16 year olds are indeed children.

>the 2010-2019 era has produced some of the best, most memorable anime series yet.
hah

He's right you know.
Whether you like it or not this decade has spawned a bunch of stuff that will be called classics in the future.

OreImo, Eromanga Sensei, My Sister My Writer, A Sister Is All You Need, Yosuga no Sora.

The 2010-2019 era has produced the best anime

Japanese audiences can't into kino. They want their cutesy Kawaii wish-fulfillment escapism.

Based and incestpilled.

2019-2019 had
-Shinseikai Yori
-VEG
-Kill la Kill (this is big)
-K-on!
-One Punch Man
-MHA
-Inferno Cop
-Steins;Gate (el psy congroo ftw)
-Darling in the Franxx
and of course....
-JOJO

You typically finish growing at 16 so that guy is a manlet.

Nice bait.

this but unironically.

Oh, I thought you were being serious for one second.

All of these are fucking garbage.
And the JoJo adaptation is shit-tier.

>being this fallacious

>JoJo adaptation is shit-tier
no it's not and you know it

You blew it too early.

Attached: 1495590334940.png (625x626, 78K)

>Incestcrackkker
Every fucking time

What do you mean by cracker? You mean like when blacks call people "cracker"? Else I'm confused

Yes it is.
The 90s adaptation was much better than this garbage.

only the d'arby fight was better

The difference in animation quality is night and day.

Reminds me of how people from other countries still believe even today that everyone in Germany regularily eats Sauerkraut.

TV animation in 2011

Attached: tigerbanana.png (1280x720, 905K)

TV animation LAST YEAR

what the FUCK went wrong? Why is anime so ugly now?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Marchen Madchen - 09 [720p].webm (1280x720, 197K)

Both of them look like shit.

20s should become an era of sister love.

Anego or imouto?
Or both, united in yuri?

Does anyone actually think that poorly written disposable cash-in tv anime like Steins;Gate or Shinsekai Yori are even notable?

>ywn have a club about east asian cartoons nobody knows about
>ywn watch anime voiceovered by one random dude
Why can't we have comfy things?

Attached: sad jojo.png (374x538, 312K)

Many low powerlevel normalfags infesting Yea Forums do. You would know that if you lurked for 3 minutes.

i-it will be fixed in the BD I promise

I read that some would get a group of people, translate the anime and voice-act the anime in real-time.
Ridiculous shit.

Anime movies were much better in the old days. All the good movies this century were made by retro filmmakers rather than any of the current wave of talentless hacks for zoomers (Shinkai, Hosoda, Yuasa, Yamada, Imaishi).

Walk on Girl is great.
And there have been plenty of great anime films.
Maybe you should watch more.

In the early days of film in Japan they would do that instead of using intertitles

Ghibli were the hacks of the old days.

Man I'm pretty sure they just dubbed the films straight up back in those days.

Oreimo is amazing

Talking about the silent film era

It's trash.

you'll do fine here. Welcome to Yea Forums. Here is your complimentary beer and loli

I don't watch anything made past the year 2000. Simple.

>>Incestcrackkker

Attached: 6u56y5.jpg (333x313, 31K)

Attached: 1553759252771.jpg (724x1678, 210K)

Agree

This. There are no good anime post 2000. Pic fucking related, just look at this garbage.

Attached: digi anime cancer.webm (674x380, 2.53M)

that's sad.

There's no sound and yet for some reason I can still hear the "LUPIIIIIIIIIIIIN"

lupin is such a rare example though
also is this from the new movie?

If you don't watch anime or even know what it's from why the fuck are you talking about "rare examples" get the fuck outta here.

Attached: retard.png (705x240, 38K)

But that is it. There is nothing for me nowadays. I am not watching anything this season but i am watching Oniisama e and having much better time watching it than anything new in years.

lupin looks better than than most anime, retard.

Yet, I am a happy fellow...

Watching a legendary work from a legendary director adapted from the work of a legendary mangaka doesn't mean all 90s anime are better than all 00 and 10s anime. Very few anime are going to compare to that literal masterpiece no matter what.

I have so much trouble finding ANY anime or manga to enjoy these days. I keep trying, looking for just a single aspect to latch onto and enjoy, but it's all so boring. They're just "okay" at best and I don't want to waste my time just vegging out with something that barely registers. I don't find myself excited for the next chapter/episode for most of the stuff I try, so I just drop them after a few episodes/chapters. I wish I could go back a decade to when I was more easily entertained, half the shit I finished then I wouldn't give the time of day now.

Attached: jk.jpg (414x431, 148K)

Who are you calling a retard? I don't spend hours customizing my Yea Forums so it has little pop ups for Russian search engines you fucking retard.
I use the default Yea Forums as it appears when you enter Yea Forums.org into a virgin web browser.

What's stopping you from going to a search engine manually?

>spend hours
ha ha, oh wow.

fpbp, people spewing that anime used to be so much better X years ago are either shitposters or straight up retards.

Are you proud of your inaptitude?

Do you visit Yea Forums just for the pre-2000 threads then? There's not much else for you here really.
To me it feels like it'd be a shame to only be able to discuss things which have already been discussed to death.

>To me it feels like it'd be a shame to only be able to discuss things which have already been discussed to death.

Sometimes you gain a new perspective on things over time. For example, Ranma 1/2 would be viewed very differently nowadays with our modern LGBT culture

>For example, Ranma 1/2 would be viewed very differently nowadays with our modern LGBT culture
Are you discussing these shows on a website full of sane people, or a normalfag shithole like MAL or Facebook? Either way I think you should leave, might be more your speed if you care about modern LGBT culture.

Not many old things do you think have actually been discussed to death on Yea Forums. Yea Forums would have to have seen them first, after all

the ones that matter have.

The problem is that those threads are probably the same few people. After a few years you've probably discussed the same things with the same people over and over. I doubt the addition of some newfags will help keep discussion interesting.
I'd probably have dropped this site years ago if all I was doing was watching pre-2000 anime.

I'm not an Yea Forums regular anymore. I nearly only read threads that interest me, yes. Unless when I'm bored, then I try to catch up with modernity, and I get disappointed.

I mostly visit them for some interesting old anime that I have never heard of.

Attached: shounan-bakusouzoku-3572.jpg (350x500, 40K)

>middle screenshot on moe side
Featureless dark face with eyes contrasting super fucking hard? I'm in. What is that show?

Attached: 1489971710695.png (912x990, 769K)

Otaku pandering was arguably even worse in the OVA era and more obnoxious in the early 00s than it is now.
I mean, the mid-80s is when the OVA era kicked off and when otaku started getting jobs in the industry en masse.
Late 90s and especially the early 00s is when the next wave of anime otaku in the industry came along influenced by the previous wave of anime otaku in the industry.

Aww yeah, Akazukin ChaCha is the shit. They used to play this all the time in southeast Asia in the mid-90s. It still holds up today.

>Name one in the last five years
Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni
Fafner: Exodus
Samurai Flamenco
Concrete Revolutio

Attached: char tea.png (448x484, 413K)

Nothing. Not sure what your point with the pic is as it sounds like a shitty fansub from back in the 2000s

I feel the same way and maybe we should
just accept the fact that we're outgrowing the medium.

Red Data Girl

Like 50% of the fun in SamFlam was watching it with Yea Forums. It's not a bad anime, but it's not exceptional on its own.

>what exactly made anime from before 2005 so much better than today?
Remember 20 years ago when we had real anime like THIS?
files.catbox.moe/nhv9bk.webm

We're fucking 20 years into the 21st century. It IS possible, someone just has to fucking write the program.

>modern anime can't look like old ani-
not so fast

Attached: 1563229035094.webm (1920x1080, 1.39M)

I hate people like you. While places like /m/ are full of toy commercial enthusiasts that will bait people into watching whatever garbage as long as it has toys in it, at least they stick to what they like and aren't ashamed of it. You're just a bitter oldfag who will happily sell out his memories of whatever you enjoyed back when you were younger to win brownie points with the prevailing soulless "woke" political climate.

You're a dime a dozen in any nostalgiafag community. Oh, you shouldn't be watching Ranma because it is "problematic" when they don't take the main character's "trans" nature seriously and use it as comedy. You should burn your Kenshin because the author came out as a child diddler and as everyone in the "woke" community knows everyone "good" is always perfect personally and professionally. You shouldn't watch Kurosawa classics because they're from an era that was "problematic" towards gender roles. Fuck off.

Where do you faggots come from? Stop mentioning western normalfag social issues on a board about Japanese cartoons
Fuck off.

An era before moe and otaku
youtube.com/watch?v=Tky2rTQ_IUc

Isn't it amazing how the era where you were coming of age is also the era where things were best, and things dropped in quality perfectly in sync with you became an adult?

Rose a best rabi

Attached: DfHjfMeU8AAZ2kx[1].jpg (720x540, 79K)

Not as much moe

Hello 9-1-1? I'd like to report a murder.

Attached: eK7jAlQ.jpg (680x535, 80K)

Damn, I hope that's pasta, because otherwise that post is just sad as fuck. I was just giving an example of how old anime HAVEN'T been "discussed to death".

People still talk about Star Wars and that shit was like 40 years ago

Damn that looks good. If it were made today would look like THIS!
files.catbox.moe/njeisc.webm

>moe
youtube.com/watch?v=ZwIxVlGy9Dw

>3DCG Idolshit
>Idolqueers will defend this because "muh loli cunny"

There's still daily Eva threads even though it's the most discussed to death anime ever.

Replace "discussed" with waifufagginshitposting and we're golden.

Who are you quoting? 99% of posters hate CG.

People in their 30s are millenials. Just turned 30 myself.

Attached: 1564488663350.gif (500x357, 353K)

You new here? A few years ago an autistic retard spammed every board for 20 hours a day every day calling 20 year olds boomers and eventually other autistic retards begun posting it too, and now it's an big internet me me.

Unironically modern cliches in light novels ruined anime this entire decade.

Relatively better times, relatively better people.

t. never watched anime

Attached: 1565077797337.gif (500x281, 1.94M)

Modern LN cliches are better than 90s and 00s LN cliches, and that's an objective fact.

Anime production was smaller back then, which means all the workforce was more concentrated. Today, anime is relatively cheap to produce thanks to the digital medium, letting to the creation of more studios producing very cheap and low quality stuff

I started watching anime in my twenties, and now it's a decade later.

Nobody defends nu-Komugi

Attached: 72.jpg (640x480, 385K)

Objectively wrong fact that is.

Attached: no more salt.jpg (415x279, 38K)

Did LNs even exist in the 90s?

This doesn't explain why more garbage is produced nowadays though.

I really miss the feeling of volume of older anime

Are you fucking serious?

Attached: Slayers.jpg (322x500, 57K)

Slayers was a light novel from the 90's.

Light novel adaptations aren't an entirely new thing, they just had better writers and quality control back then.

Attached: Slayers_light_novel_vol_1.jpg (270x368, 21K)

More humans now.

>LNs in the 90s
>it's about a fantasy world with tabletop RPG and vidya RPG references

>LNs in the 10s
>it's about a fantasy world that's actually an RPG

Yes, but they were sort of avant gard. Now they're just trash manga from trash writers that can't draw

Faith (slightly) restored.

I miss when isekai was good

Attached: Magic Knight Rayearth 90's Filipino-Dubbed Anime Retro Pilipinas Feature.jpg (1024x762, 108K)

Tabletop inspired LNs never stopped being written you faggot

But they are drowned out by those mass produced shitty harem SAO ripoff isekai

Last time isekai was good was 2014.

Attached: Log.Horizon.full.1935549.jpg (640x1136, 810K)

They almost completely stopped making high profile original anime. All I see is PA works shitting out a zombie anime every once in a while. No more longer running franchises like GitS.

This was the granddaddy of LN

Attached: boogiepop.jpg (600x845, 97K)

>No more longer running franchises
Are you retarded or just pretending?

>expect SAO wish fulfillment
>get economics, politics, human rights and actual deep MMO mechanics that aren't superficial "lolrpg" shit
If more isekai were like Log Horizon there would be less complaining

Name the most recent 24 episode+ non-PA Works original that wasn't shown on daytime TV like Precure or Sazae-san. It's garbage like Franxx or another mecha anime.

I'd rather have franxx than another franchise tbqh

>430 posts in and nobody has realized this thread was just an excuse to say nigger

You could simply Google a list of current airing anime instead of making yourself look like a jackass.

>Currently airing anime
>24+ episode late-night originals
oh i'm laughing, the only shit that gets that amount are manga or ln adaptations unless you're counting kiddy shit like shinkalion which is also a mecha or layton which is inspired from a game

Funny you mention mecha. It's probably the one genre in anime that is actually dying in popularity.

2018 had 30 mecha or /m/ related shows alone.

I don't know, it feels like mecha is having a resurgence, especially in manga.

the point is that the otaku demographic has engaged in the same behaviour since at least the 90's

The 2020s will be the Super Robot rebirth decade and go down as the new 1970s

2019 has Netflix Ultraman, Egao no Daika, that other Netflix original, SD Gundam, Robihachi, another Build Fighters show, Granbelm and...?

this is pretty interesting, we've been having the same arguments for over 20 years

>2030
>Tomino comes out of retirement, again, to show the kids how it's done
I can't wait

the other guy brought it up first

Didn't your mommy ever tell you two wrongs don't make a right?

funny how you only replied to one poster and not the other then, no?

you mean to embarrass himself, again.

I do that for my mom who doesn't understand neither japanese dub nor english (sub) when I'm showing her something, at the moment it's Vinland Saga and Dr. Stone. She loves that shit. I'm not even kidding you, I've been forced to real-time translate and dub for years, it's not even bothering me anymore.

isn't the whole fear of normalfags thing about them not being japanese? now there's japanese normalfags too? what do you even want out of anime?

It was an industry and not an yakuza laundering scheme.

Japanese normalfags are some of the most soulless people on Earth, user. Have you seen the morning news or Japanese variety shows?

Japanese normalfags are no different from any other normalfag. They're all equally worthless wastes of life (except when their tax dollars pay my welfare or their craftsmen create luxuries for me to enjoy)

>watching anime with your mom

Attached: 89898908908900-0.png (640x360, 122K)

It depends on the show.
Don't watch Ore no Imouto with her, or she'll think you want to fuck your sister.
I'm currently watching Mom Isekai with my mother. She gave me a few funny looks at first, but she seems to be enjoying it.

>Mom Isekai with your mom
user what the hell. How old are you?

you'd better be fucking your mom

Why not? There are shows I watch alone, stuff I rewatch with her and stuff I watch with her. I showed her lots of stuff: newer stuff like Psycho Pass, Tora Dora, Code Geass, older stuff like Ranma, Inuyasha, Berserk (1997), hell we binged all of Bleach, half of One Piece (until I got bored by that shit), if there's something I like of the seasonal anime I show her. Nana was her favourite (I can recommend this as well), bought the manga afterwards to find out what happened after the show. To this day she askes me if the autor has continued drawing or not. She liked Vampire Knight as well. Even bought the light novels for herself. As long as it's not Angel's Egg levels of aestheticism she can get into the shit I show her.

Damn dude you don't even show her the good stuff.

It sounds more like your mom just enjoys spending time with you and having you be open about your interests.
Your mom liking Nana and vampire Knight makes sense since it's similar to things like tv dramas or harlequin romance novels.
I don't really have a problem with teens showing their parents things they like but you need to remember to keep your parents preferences and ideologies in mind. Things like Psycho Pass, Tora Dora, Code Geass, and Beserk are probably the worse picks to show her even though they're well liked anime because they're in genre's she probably wouldn't be interested in normally. Showing her more Josie anime would be better.

How old are you?
Have you considered getting a job as simultaneous translator?

Anons, I think I have a fetish for shrinking.

Attached: 64899590_p0.png (918x672, 465K)

fuck off Yea Forumsermin

Comedy anime used to be better before 2006.

Attached: Mahoraba_manga_vol_1.jpg (263x377, 24K)

Because the big head gag is now the standard.

Attached: 1489275459240.jpg (1792x2032, 1.22M)

I'm 26 and doing second degrees in CS as well as philosophy. I'm currently living of teaching prep schoolers the STEM-shit of my first degree for 40€/h.
Shit dude, I'm no teen and my mom legitimately liked the anime I listed, especially Tora Dora and Berserk, even if not as much as her favourites. She was also as hyped after each code Geass cliffhanger as I was. Religion and politics are about ideology (something we regularly argue about), this is not. There was a time I got sick of seasonal anime and wanted to show her good live actions shows, but she really prefers anime, believe it or not. I'm open for some Josei suggestions though.
I'm listing the stuff she liked (and I enjoyed as well). I could continue the list with Devil is a part timer, Ballroom e Youkoso, Eden of the East, Kimi ni Todoke, Nodame Cantabile, Paradise Kiss, Maison Ikkoku, Usagi Drop, Marmelade Boy, but also Monster or Attack on Titan. But I would argue that the things I listed in the previous post except for Bleach, OP and Vampire Knight as well as some of the stuff in this comment are indeed among the better anime. If you prefer Kyoani and moe anime I have to disappoint you.

Well, even though I personally think it's a bit bizarre that you're that old and watching anime with your mom, if she genuinely enjoys it then I won't argue. As for the ideology bit, I just meant to be mindful not to show your mom something she'd take offense to.
As for the Josei suggestions, she might like these:
-Nodame Cantabile
-Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
- Paradise Kiss
- Natsuyuki Rendevous
- Saiyuuki Reload
- Massugu ni Ikou
These are more shoujo but since she liked Vampire Knight she might also like these:
- Ouran Host Club
-Kimi ni Todoke
- Ore monogatari
- Peach girl
-Bokura ga ita
-Yamato nadeshiko shichinege
-Hareshi kanojo no Jijou

sorry, I see she's already watched Kimi ni Todoke, Nodame Cantabile, Paradise Kiss, Maison Ikkoku.

pretentious, reaching psychobabble explanations is one of their favorite pastimes

>doesn't mean all 90s anime are better than all 00 and 10s anime
True but i get more enjoyment out of even those old shitty 80s OVAs.

>sakuga
you're a joke

Attached: 1540999003094.jpg (630x4350, 807K)

even worse, it's made in fucking flash

Explain in your own words why Flash is bad (you cant)

Attached: 1gjn4wvh.jpg (1200x675, 95K)

you're a weird dude, but the sweet and wholesome kind of pet-eating crazy

Attached: 1546853085775.png (398x211, 97K)

what the fuck is this

Attached: 1564523631275.png (897x895, 744K)

it looks like a fucking 2008 newgrounds animation

Preach

Flash isn't really a good program to animate with. The tools are very basic and it was designed to be more for web design graphics. It's like someone using paint for their art. It's doable but it's missing a lot of tools that other art programs have and it also makes the art look less polished by result. Though some people can make good animations with it. There are better programs out there can do more and are easier to use. It doesn't help that flash crashes almost all the time either.

you being twelve

What's easier than Flash? I've never used it, but it appears to be simpler than the few programs I've tried.

being easy to learn the basics of doesn't imply doing any specific task in it is going to be easy

First post is always best post

Which programs have you tried? What sort of animation do you want to do? If you want to do more traditional animation I suggest, tvpaint, Digicel Flipbook, or Retas Studio. If you don't mind using bones, or tweens, or even computer generated inbetweening then ToonBoom Harmony(though it will take you a while to get used to the UI). But if you really are more comfortable with Flash then get Adobe Animation instead, it has better tools now and they made some changes with animators in mind.
I know some people prefer to use photoshop with an animation plugin instead. Same for clippaint.
If you're a beginner or you can't afford these programs try opensource ones like Pencil2d. It used to be pretty bad but lately they've been putting more work into it. Just go for the latest nightly build. It's more simple but you can still with it. The downside is that there's less tools or brushes and importing audio can be iffy. You can also animate with Krita, but it also doesn't do audio too well. If you want more vector animation go with Opentoonz but the interface and tools take some getting used to, but stay way from synfig, it's not worth the trouble.

>I see posts like that on Yea Forums everyday
Gee I wonder why

Sucks being you.