First time reading this

What am I in for?

Attached: Hunter X Hunter v1-000.jpg (2037x3056, 1.38M)

KINO

manga kino

One of the pinnacles of the medium. I just hope you are intelligent enough to truly appreciate it.

hyped up children's manga

Nice, so far I'm liking the premise. Also Gon is a cute!
Elaborate

Attached: Hunter X Hunter v1-015.jpg (2037x3056, 1.49M)

Deadpan humor, blank backgrounds at the beginning and casual foreshadowing bits.
Also, panels with food.

whisperchad's first manga

Attached: brainlet.jpg (800x450, 44K)

>blank backgrounds at the beginning
I'm almost done with the first chapter, but I thought Togashi put lot of emphasis on his backgrounds. Will this get worse later on?

Pedoclown hunting kids the manga

A great ride.

Ignore both the bashers and the fanboys, this is objectively a great series.

I was more or less ok with his use of panels (blank or not) cuz of the manga's old-school feel. You should just enjoy the ride however you like.

>Elaborate
it would have been the rick and morty of anime if dr kidneystones wasn't a thing

decent and fun manga that gets really good during 2 arcs and drops the ball hard after that

>Drops the ball hard after that.
Another brainlet filtered by Togashi's finest and most intellectually compelling work.

Attached: 1565311583975.jpg (500x577, 95K)

Avobe average shonen with a truly outstanding arc and probably the best power system in the media

Kino

Attached: 1555343078762.jpg (1260x709, 281K)

Attached: pile of corpses.jpg (959x857, 301K)

average manga with bad protagonist

bad

Attached: 1556233461500.png (396x310, 62K)

Hisoka will die of old age.

debunked and get shit on, shonenbaby

Attached: 1537027766616.jpg (1778x1148, 1.56M)

Attached: Selection casualties.jpg (485x400, 63K)

Lots of Hiatus

It's like having anal sex with no condom. Just amazing.

Attached: HiatusxHiatus.jpg (1323x586, 194K)

Fanboys overhyped this series. I went in expecting an actual masterpiece, instead I get an above average shonen.
Honestly disappointed.

Hunterchad posting was fun though.

What were you disappointed by?

Pretty much the current pinnacle of Shonen writing, I haven't read anything better than this. If it weren't for some gripes I have with some of the character development towards the "end", I'd consider it a genuine masterwork.

It's all a big shill campaign against the best shounen series in the world.
Don't trust anyone who dislikes this bland mess of a series.

Your sentence doesn't make any sense

The main character being as bland as any other shounen MC, killua being bland and edgy. These two things doomed the series to be mediocre.

Hunter Exam is really good, reminds me of early naruto and DB
Tower arc is okay, could use more fights
Yorknew and Greed Island is boring as hell, I didn't care for anyone except like Biscuit. The Greed Island has a good concept, but the execution is really lacking, most likely because this concept has been done and done way better already.
I dropped at Chimera Ants, mainly because I wasn't satisfied by the ending. Pouf is overused, Yupi is underused, Pitou is a waste of character design. And instead of Meruem dying and revived, he shouldn't have died at all. Pouf is fucking annoying.

>MC bland like all other shounen MCs
It's not even speedreading at this point bros, this guy is skipping chapters

Attached: a26667b55c61c202ddfd87b4464c87a895694d74_hq.jpg (584x473, 82K)

>Pouf
>Annoying
Another pleb filtered

>m-muh King!

back to Black Clover you go

IIRC Gon made many questionable (or at times quite mature for his age) remarks way before CA happened. So I wasnt surprised how that arc turned out.
Meruem should stay dead and thank Togashi he did. Pouf is good, Pitou is overused and Yupi is underused so I agree with you to some extent.

Everyone praises it but I couldn't get into it. To each is own

Attached: downloadfile-19.jpg (350x490, 40K)

>tries to have an actual discussion
>g-go back!!
no u

Bland? what you are looking at pic related is the face of an ill, psychopathic potential murderer kid, we can start then, i will say that if you expected naruto.tier plot, villains or writing out of this series, you are retarded, HxH is the most redpilled shounen in existence.

>abandoned by his father as a child and told lies from his aunt
>playground was a forest full of savage animals and shits
>probably indued or raped by hot pirate girls
>at the first arc of the story he is 12 year old and has no problems with seeing people kill each other, he doesn't care, indifferent to death and murdering
>he becomes best friends with a hitman kid and has no problems with it he doesn't care, still indifferent to murdering
>he cares about helping his mentally unstable friend to kill all the guys who killed his entire tribe, this same friend is the one who joined a mafia that deals with killing, drugs, weapons and other horrible things like human trafficking just to satiate his revenge, our MC doesn't care anyway, he wants to help him even
>he asks one of the "bad guys" why does he kill people that have nothing to do with him without feeling anything, that doesn't make sense, normal people wouldn't give a fuck about someone they don't know dying off, our MC in the other hand showed us that he probably would like to kill people he cares about, what the fuck?
>if his "friends" kill its okay
>Hisoka being a murderer and a pedo that kills because he is a thirsty motherfucker recognizes in Gon the potential of becoming as twisted as him, a fucking psycho.
>willing to kill an innocent girl just to kill someone to satisfy his revenge, not even Kurapika thinks about doing this
>takes innocent girl hostage as well

Attached: 1533149872855.jpg (400x400, 23K)

You didn't even try to have a discussion, if your entire reasoning behind why you dislike Pouf is "muh king" then stick to bland manga with bland villains.

You didn't even try to argue anything, retard. Did you expect me to write an essay on why I hate Pouf when you opened with a bunch of buzzwords?
Fuck off and kys

Black Clover threads are waiting!

>this is your average falseflagger

Ok my bad, go ahead explain why you dislike Pouf.

While Togashi is a lazy ass, he is good at writing characters. HxH is probably the manga with the most missed potential out there, and it's not because of the writing, but only because Togashi can't finish writing his story so we'll never get closure on the characters.

Imagine if he consistently released atleast 20 chapters a year during all this Hiatus fest, of course a manga like HxH cannot be weekly otherwise the quality drop with be far too big and noticable but man is it interesting to think about what this manga could have been.

Way too much screentime, almost no character growth, and I just don't like his personality and role in the plot. That's it.
Sure, you can say that he's a well written character. I sorta agree, but I still hate his obnoxious ass

Its either "HOLY SHIT BASED ABSOLUTE KINO" or just an average/mediocre shonen

Wasn't the shit version still published in jump because toga didnt want to spend money on help while his hand was fucked?

He's extremely obnoxious and annoying but a lot of time people confuse it with bad writing, it's someone you love to hate, for exemple some people would say they despise a villain and then go ahead and put the whole villain cast in the bottom of a character tier list, he's annoying because he is doing his role right.

It all comes down to togashi owning the rights to it. Without someone above him keeping him focused on work, or I don't know the fear of getting fired, he got hilariously lazy

And yes I've heard the crazy fans argument that says he actually does work full time but needs a year to write the story, and its retarded

There is so much wrong with this post, I honestly don't know where to start. This post comfirms that you are brainless speedreading faggot with some kind of moralfag throw in the mix.

Because of this

Attached: life is unfair.jpg (1284x505, 254K)

WAY too much screentime
Centaur yupi got like 5 fucking pages or something, while this fuckface got at least 3 chapters' worth

It's just reddit pasta

Imagine more about 30 or 40 chapters a year. But unfortunately he is very lazy. Anyway I gonna reread the Succession War Arc again...

Attached: succession war.png (6754x3726, 2.52M)

I thought so

missed potential because of laziness and constant long hiatuses while at the same time the arc being complex and Multi-layered

There's a reason even their Yea Forums sings was a joke

If he needs more than 6 months only to release 10 chapters then I really can't say that Togashi is a good mangaka or that his chapters are so-called masterpieces.

Ive reread the succession war 3 times so far, it never gets old, you always catch on to something that you missed or misunderstood the first time.

But yet you're here enjoying garbage like MHA with significantly less chapters in total and low quality writing, compared to an ambitious series like HxH. Also, when Togashi was writing his first big well-renowned series, hacks like Hori weren't even born yet. So have a little more respect for the man who practically formed the medium as it is.

Attached: DbzBjzhU8AASsYi.jpg (640x622, 59K)

I agree and that's one of the reason why I gonna reread the arc today! Also I gonna look for details, meanings and/other things I failed to see before.

If I may give you a tip: try taking actual notes while reading it (i'm using excel sheets). It will improve your experience significantly

Literally no one was talking about MHA until you brought it up

I just gambled and it looks like I hit the mark

No I don't read/watch MHA nor garbage just like HMA. I don't like low quality writings except if I want to kill time, but seldomly. Let Togashi first respects his work and fandom and stop taking long hiatues and deliver more than 10 chapters before I gonna respect his rude lazy ass.

You gambled and you losed.
Nobody here likes MHA, so you clearly failed to hit the mark, user.

Then why this much hate for Togashi? If you can't respect a man who delivered on so many ends, you aren't worthy of reading his magnum opus.

It's a good series, just don't read too fast user; you might run into a hiatus or two.

I don't have any hate nor disrespect for Togashi but I dislike the constant long hiatuses and we get only 10 chapters in return for waiting. Also it makes me sad to see a talented genius of a mangaka and his serie have lost so much potential because of the mentioned hiatus. Imagine how many chapters and arcs we could have had or where HxH would be right now if it wasn't for the many long hiatuses.

I respect Togashi, his work and choice of life and freedom while enjoying life to the fullest but please, can't he release more than 10 chapters a year? Surely he can and 20 to 30 chapters is more than enough and he could go on another hiatus and I wouldn't complain.

There is a reason why I enjoy reading and thinking about Hunter x Hunter and why I want to see more of it, especially now in this current arc where a lot of things can and will happen. It's only to bad we only get 10 chapters a year and 6 months+ haituses in the process while there is a lot of interesting arcs coming in the future.

Hunter x Hunter is without a doubt a Magnum Opus despite it's flaws and many people are and should paying tribute to Togashi. I would never read or defend garbage like MHA or OP nor would I prefer them over HxH.

Based

Attached: 1564443913846.jpg (1384x881, 701K)

Absolute state of this shit hole, Togashi doesn't deserve this, his fanbase his full of dumb fucks just like all the others

Its true that the constant hiatuses can be hard sometimes, and that Togashi is pretty lazy. But we know that he takes this time off to write something really good, so its for the better. In the meantime we do other things - for example I've recently found myself incredibly interested in biology & ecology thanks to a course I took in Botany to satisfy some gen-ed requirements & now am pursuing a minor in Ecology & Evolutionary Biology because of how interesting I found it.

Really, one of the many messages at work in HxH, imo, is that the world is an infinitely fascinating place full to the brim with very different people, ideas, and angles - and that to really enjoy yourself to the fullest, you should go out there & explore that world as much as you can. In that respect, people like Kite, Ging, and Netero are fantastic emblems of this theme, that the core of what it means to be a "hunterchad" is something you can and should strive for irl. Always seeking something new, looking for different perspectives and enriching your own abilities and understanding by challenging yourself. Biology, history, language, adventure, exploration, culture, video games, ruins, medicine, philosophy, math, toys, nerd hobbies, wildlife preservation, etc etc - there's a near infinite amount of things to see and do and you should explore them to the fullest.

Attached: 1529555085289.png (764x650, 360K)

Gon looked older in the first chapter while Kurapika's first appearance made him look younger and Killua looked older too.

Attached: 1468366798853.jpg (2037x3056, 844K)

Rarely see this type of shit on Reddit, while it appears to be the most accepted opinion about Gon in here, you'll find similar posts everyday

To be a based hunterchad

Leorio looks really off here.

Attached: 1452610170988.jpg (2037x3056, 872K)

And Killua looks about as tall as Kurapika here.

Attached: 1468412112531.jpg (2037x3056, 968K)

We get it you're starved for attention

Damn this takes me back to the days I read HxH for the first time while thinking Kite's name was Kaito.

Yeah, I went on and tried to get those images for OP and now I'm reading it again. Rarely does a story like this pull me in again and again.

Attached: 1468412250540.jpg (2037x3056, 1.13M)

>tromp tromp tromp

You said it. Right now I'm at the start of the Succession War, Tserriednich insulting Benjamin is top kek.

He is right though. Pouf by far is the most interesting of the royal guards.

Master piece. Nothing less, nothing more.

O

Interesting doesn't mean I have to like him

You are correct.

Attached: 1438696767344.jpg (600x471, 51K)

Kanzai looks like Gon a little bit.
Why is that?

Attached: K.png (920x1080, 1.07M)

>instead of Meruem dying and revived, he shouldn't have died at all
You absolute imbecile. His rebirth is one of the most thematically important parts of CA

Attached: 0299-016.jpg (2133x1600, 525K)