Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru

Ca we talk about this manga? I watched the anime long ago and just got around to reading it recently.
Lots of great chapters I wish had gotten animated.

Attached: 000.jpg (1142x1600, 1.08M)

I love this manga. The author's storytelling style is great. He really put a lot of effort into the timeline.

Attached: Hotori hair 4.png (2674x464, 533K)

I loved how pretty much any chapter could be read on it's own and still mostly make sense and the only way you'd know when it takes place was hotori's hair or their uniforms.

Chapters can be read on their own but there are a lot of little call backs that make the series feel organic. Like the arsonist they capture first referenced in vol 1 or the memory erasing hammer that the cop found being first shown with the aliens or the penultimate chapter setting up the "nightmare" Horoti had.

I remember all of the things you mentioned except
>the arsonist they capture first referenced in vol 1
I recall the arsonist but when was he referenced?

The fire that Takeru and Yukiko go to in volume 1 was started by the arsonist as explained by Matsuda when he mentions the areas he had burned.

Is the author latest work any good? I read the synopsis but it just doesn't click.

It's very good. It's a post apocalyptic scifi mystery, so don't expect a sol comedy and there's a fair amount of action. It's not a depressing story or anything but it's more serious than Soremachi.

Oh yeah I forgot that chapter.
Although I think I liked the more light hearted chapters better I also really digged the creepy mysterious chapters too.
I actually got chills at the end of the pond monster chapter.

I really like the way the supernatural elements were implemented. It felt like there were mysteries around every corner without being too upfront about it.

Why did they stop translating the manga at Volume ten?

u w8 m8 it's been fully translated for ages

On archive.org There are all chapters translated in english. There are 2 chapter in not volume format (chapter 128) but one is missing (chapter 53 is missing on archive.org)

Just get it from the ftp

How

One of my favourites. Incidentally, also one of Shaft's best productions

One of the best SOL manga I ever read.
I felt genuinely sad reading the final chapters.

really enjoyed watching it, and I've been waiting to pick up the manga for a while now

Watched it back when it aired and liked it enough rewatch it twice, but I think SoreMachi is one of the few series that could have been adapted by another studio without really losing anything. The visuals weren't that interesting (also surprising amounts of QUALITY when considering the simple artstyle), it doesn't have a large god tier voice cast (I loved Sugita and Chiba Shigeru in minor roles, but Omigawa and Y.Aoi weren't exactly the most fitting picks), and its synergy with Shaft's style wasn't that good (other series had better gimmicks or a natural atmosphere where Shinboisms didn't feel out of place).

One of my favorites. I want to own its physicals someday.

>its synergy with Shaft's style wasn't that good
In my opinion Shinbo's signature framing and Shaft's general artstyle are what specifically made this adaptation work so well. Other studios could have possibly made a passable anime, but it would also have been nothing special.
The manga looks charming, but it's simple. Shaft's usual shaftisms fit the plain and simple art with how they usually handle backgrounds and framing to make relatively plain and slow scenes interesting. That has always been Shinbo's/Shaft's strong suite. If anything, a Shaft production usually at least looks interesting.
Also Omigawa is the perfect voice for a genki dork like Hotori.

>Omigawa [wasn't] exactly the most fitting pick
TAKE IT BACK

It's the little things that they did that I love, like the little transitions with Josephine. Also my wife (goose) is the best choice that could have possibly been made for Hotori.

Without Shaft we would not have the incredible ED and OP. This fact alone shows how much of a perfect pick they were. Uki-uki on.

Hotori is funny and adorable.
We are not machine

Attached: C46EC42C-2CAB-468F-980B-0C56F31FEADC.jpg (668x633, 195K)

I believe chapter 53 never got translated either.

Attached: 1545419099100.jpg (344x376, 52K)