What was his problem

what was his problem

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 26K)

Hisoka is arguably the most complex hedonist in fiction. Functionally in a plot full of plans and counter plans he brings the chaotic wrench that can turn the tide in anyone's favour to get what he wants which could be completely irrelevant to the other big stakes at play. As one of the most fascinating things about Hisoka, to me, is how he is so much more than a character. Hisoka is a narrative instrument that exists as a fundamental thread in the fabric of Hunter X Hunter. Hisoka is, perhaps, one of the most subtle but potent examples of Togashi's writing brilliance. By making Hisoka purely hedonistic in nature with no particular goal outside of being entertained Hisoka can easily adapt to any role the story requires of him. Hisoka played an important role in Gon's party passing the hunter exam, and even gave the #44 tag that served as an impetus for some of Gon's early character development. When a powerful antagonist appears in Greed Island Hisoka gladly steps into the role of protagonist to aid the main characters on their quest. At the appearance of the story-changing Chimera Ants where Hisoka isn't deemed to be a very suitable fit for the arc's story he can easily be sent away to chase after Chrollo. When coming down from the roller coaster of the Chimera Ant arc Hisoka is more than fit to step in as an antagonist to keep the stakes high and the story entertaining as we transition into the next arc. During the ever tense Succession War arc Hisoka exists as a force of nature. An oncoming storm of chaos and death that threatens to tip the scales and cast the war into madness. Which even if Hisoka doesn't affect the Succession War arc at all, the threat of him doing so still keeps the stakes high for all of us readers. Of course I would be amiss not to at least make an honorable mention here of his changing wardrobe. To have Hisoka's attire change every arc is a clever, subtle way of visually expressing that the series is entering into a new story and theme.

Attached: 1465476086176.png (569x948, 170K)

god i love him so much

Is he in the phantom troupe or not I'm not far into the show but I'm guessing he is

Why would you want spoilers

I didn't like him at first. Really creepy & weird. He still is and I don't know why but I grew to love him the more I watched.

You'll enjoy the show more if you watch it blind instead of coming here. Best not to check the threads til you're done.

Attached: 1519863272262.jpg (800x599, 148K)

based

Finish the fucking story.

hes a gay pedophile masochist

literally

HE IS IN, BUT FOR HIS OWN REASONS

*sadomasochist

He doesn't have a problem with anyone, he just goes with whatever seems most interesting/enjoyable. He played a game of volleyball with Gon and Killua because he thought it seemed fun.

Have you ever felt like just going to a chinese cartoon forum and just starting arguments with people because you just knew you couldn't lose to them and wanted to show off, and then just argued for hours until the people you disagree with and are humiliated to tears and butthurt for the rest of their lives?

Hisoka is like that, but irl and with fights. A really easy character to empathize with.

Yes but he's just in it for the laughs

He's a random antagonist introduced at a point where the scope of the series wasn't fully decided. Is he meant to be an actual clown? Why use playing cards as weapons when he is extremely adept at hand to hand combat? Why is his nen ability completely unrelated to any prior motif? Why is it that his only motivation for anything is to commit murders but for the vast majority of the time we see him he is in fact not actually killing anything? What type of access does getting a hunter's licence afford him when he is a criminal that goes and does whatever it wants? Was Hisoka subject to the time limit bullshit at the tower competition, and how did that affect his entrance in the hunter exam, spider gang activities, and random murders that he liked to go out and commit? What benefits does getting publicly registered as a hunter and having his fighting observed in the tower afford a secret criminal mass murderer?

He literally said it in one of the earlier episodes. It's because registered hunters are allowed to commit murder. In most instances a hunter license puts you above the law. It doesn't make any sense to me, but it is explained like this in the show.

Hisoka will die of old age.

Nothing
Also Gon respects Hisoka's might and abilities.

whats the best figure for him

He was a member of the PT, also Meruem dies and Hisoka laters comes back from the death with help of rubber nen.

I want to become a pro Hunter.

I just finished snk manga, now i want to read HxH (i've already watched the anime but that was 5 years ago, so I forgot most of the stuff and want to start from the beginning)
now, at what point of the story should i read kurapika's backstory?

HISOKA AKOSIH
I
S
O
K
A

After YNC

Yes