Endless Eight ended 10 years ago on this day. How many of you guys actually watched it while it was airing?

Endless Eight ended 10 years ago on this day. How many of you guys actually watched it while it was airing?

Attached: 1444342620516.jpg (4000x4400, 1.35M)

>on this day
>already the 8/8

I had enough intelligence to recognize Haruhi as a shit series and didn't pick it up. I also left Yea Forums while you absolute faggots were spamming this garbage until it was over.

More than your usual one-liners, congratulations on coming this far.

You've mistaken me for someone else.

Endless Eight is the benchmark I use to determine newfags on Yea Forums. If you weren't watching it with Yea Forums then you're a newfag in my eyes.

We're never getting another volume, are we?

user, why are you even on Yea Forums? Endless Eight was pretty much peak Yea Forums.

I felt a lot more when Kaiji defeated the bog in season 2 than when endless 8 ended.

I really wish I could have watched it along with Yea Forums

I remember when I watched it and went blind into the endless 8 and was very very confused.

To be fair you to get the full impact you also needed to have watched Haruhi S1 when it aired and then suffered through the insane hype/speculation about a S2 that lasted a couple years, then find out it was just supposed to be a re-airing of S1 in chron. order then 1-1/2 months into that realizing there would be new episodes and shit yourself from excitement and then get hit with EE.

Man sometimes I forget that they aired it that way. It really was a great experience

And people dare to think Haruhi is something else than garbage

Wow le epic troll endless eight!! damn what a retarded bunch of low self aware weebs

Good on you user I'm proud of you

That's a major part of why some people who watched endless eight as it aired have such fond memories of it. The experience can't be reproduced, because it included the experience of watching it as it was airing -- knowing and wondering what S2 would be like, the anticipation, talking to other anons about what to expect, the final release and elation once it ended, etc.

I still remember the feeling of complete incredulity that any entertainment company could dare to and managed to pull off something like endless eight. It gave me an even greater appreciation for Nagato, and was a neat reason/explanation for what happened to her afterwards.

Every time Kyon almost-but-didn't figure it out it felt painful.

Attached: 645a33887033932e3e498a7158ccc2f8.jpg (800x1301, 866K)

I'm in love with Suzumiya Haruhi!

Personally, I would consider NICE BOAT to be that.

This, although a lot of us never actually believed the cover story about "just a re-airing," so the speculation (and arguing) continued pretty much unabated.

And the thing about Endless Eight was that fatigue didn't really set in until about the third or fourth episode. It was then that hope faded and people started resigning themselves to the idea that they'd spend eight episodes on it.

>such fond memories of it
"Fond" isn't the word I'd use. It was an experience, to be sure, but it was also increasingly frustrating, to the point where the conclusion left me more relieved than elated. My feelings about it are hard to explain other than to say they are "complex."

> It gave me an even greater appreciation for Nagato
Yeah, that was my takeaway, too. The whole exercise really served little to no purpose other than to make you feel some degree of Nagato's pain, as it were.

I don't think KyoAni could have gotten away with it if not for the facts that they didn't re-use any animation elements, and that they followed it up with Disappearance. Even then, I suppose it's not entirely clear that they DID get away with it, since there's never been another season (though that may have more to do with the issues between Tanegawa and Kadokawa Shoten, and less to do with EE).

My first memories of Yea Forums was Kamina's shades being shopped into everything.

Endless Eight is the benchmark I use to determine newfags on Yea Forums. If you weren't watching it with Yea Forums then you're a newfag in my eyes.

I was on some other bullshit anime forum at the time...

I had enough intelligence to recognize Haruhi as a shit series and didn't pick it up. I also left Yea Forums while you absolute faggots were spamming this garbage until it was over.

More than your usual one-liners, congratulations on coming this far.

I really wish I could have watched it along with Yea Forums

I remember when I watched it and went blind into the endless 8 and was very very confused.

We're never getting another volume, are we?

Me. I had just learned about Haruhi that spring, steamrolled my way through the books, and then found out there was an anime.

I expected Kyoani to pussy out, to my surprise they delivered.

Attached: Legend of the galactic Haruhi.jpg (1600x900, 118K)

user, why are you even on Yea Forums? Endless Eight was pretty much peak Yea Forums.

Same, looked lame.

That works, too. And pic related.

Spring/Summer 2007 was a hell of a time, really: TTGL, Lucky Star, Code Geass S1, School Days, Bokurano, Higurashi Kai, Hayate no Gotoku, Potemayo, and the list goes on.

Attached: kagaminsip.jpg (300x300, 16K)

And people dare to think Haruhi is something else than garbage

Good on you user I'm proud of you

I joined in 2014 and I'm deeply regretful that I seem to have missed the boat in terms of memorable times on Yea Forums.

>on this day
>already the 8/8

I’ll do you one worse. I’ve been on Yea Forums since 2006, but I didn’t venture outside of Yea Forums until 2007 and I didn’t regularly browse Yea Forums until 2011. I was right there and I missed it.

I think that was the exact year Yea Forums went to shit with invisible sage and OP not being able to bump threads. Oh and Naruto being accepted and dub spammers getting banned.

Wow le epic troll endless eight!! damn what a retarded bunch of low self aware weebs

Who is denwa?

You've mistaken me for someone else.

KYON KUN, DENWA