Why is Naruto rated with way higher standards than other big Shounens...

Why is Naruto rated with way higher standards than other big Shounens? I remember seeing Naruto and One Piece debates on Youtube where they nitpicked the hell out of Naruto while completely ignoring One Piece's mediocrity. Same for Yea Forums where Naruto was always the one that "shouldn't be allowed on Yea Forums"

Is it because Naruto is bigger in the West so it's what contrarianism hit the hardest?

Attached: narutoluffy.jpg (634x312, 35K)

one piss for soilent sippers with low t. And if modern wan shit is even worse it makes boruto look like a mature anime.

Contrarianism.

Naruto bad
One Piece good
HxH god tier
DBZ bad

Every naruto=bad argument
>The fights are just about who's stronger
>Naruto is a hypocrite video
>Talk no jutsu

I see the same 3 arguments over and over again. People who echo these arguments have sea level IQ and deserve to be sterilized.

Because naruto is pure trash for retarded people.

To be fair, Naruto is an absolute clusterfuck, shat the bed after the exams, has a terrible anime adaptation and was THE worst anime fandom of the 00’s.

Jojo shitposters, hunterfags and AoT kiddies literally can’t even compare with that level of autism.

I wonder if the situations just going to further deteriorate or if someone in charge will finally step up and make the right call

In English now?

One Piece is an anime for males with low testosterone, usually as a result of consuming s,oy-based products.
Im unfamiliar with the more recent developments in this particular show, but if quality has somehow fallen even lower, it would make Boruto, an anime generally considered childish and uninspired, look good in comparison.

I minored in Retard Interpretation in college.

Naruto is just that bad. Only a drooling retard would defend the last few hundred chapters. It's clear that Kishimoto had absolutely no idea what he was doing

>terrible anime adaptation
>worst anime fandom

Full Shit Alchemist: Trashood would like a word with you, faggot.

Go back to

But user-kun, ive never been to /pol/

Then the cancer is terminal.

For all his faults at least Oda knew how to do a fucking war arc

war arcs aren't easy to pull off. Too much attention on one person and you make it seem like a 1 man army which is what the war arc suffers from a lot. Also a lot of time is wasted with the edo tensei fights which didn't need to exist in the first place. Once madara shows up the war arc becomes exceptional. Madara dumpstering the entire shinobi alliance and the 5 kage is still one of the most memorable moments of shippuden. It's only after the 10 tails is summoned that it seems to go downhill again. Until gai vs madara. A good fight that gives closure on a character that we've been wondering about since rock lee fought with gaara.

Probably because Naruto's quality hit the shitter before the time skip even began and never fully recovered, One piece took nearly 500+ chapters before the quality started going down hill but even then its managed to recover with the big mom arc. Also narutos flaws are much more obvious e.g. fights becoming less tactical and talk no justu. Whilst one pieces flaws are more subtle in most cases e.g. how the timing of the whole manga without the timeskip doesn't even equal a year and massive arcs happening one after another with no break (fishman island, punk hazard dressrosa and zou all happens in one month).

Thtas the thing though Madara (besides the revival of the five kage) was the only thing good about the war arc and even then he out stayed his welcome, along with the arc refusing to end dragging on as long as possible with a new last minute threat every 10 chapters until we got a last minute shoe horned villain.

That's pretty biased if you ask me. The quality in one piece dropped substantially when vivi was introduced. It only recovered a bit later at the sabaody arc and went to the shitter at fishman island. Also why are you pointing at narutos fights becoming less tactical when one piece fights were never tactical to begin with. The real reason why one piece is able to shotgun from one arc to the next is because each arc is almost the exact same shit that the last arc was.
One piece arc formula:
>meet someone who is troubled
>fuck around for a bit
>bad guy shows up
>crew has 1v1 fights with their skill matchup

When you have such a simple formula it's not that hard to go from one arc to the next. Naruto couldn't simply just fight pain from the get go, there had to be some build up.

Because after the Dragon Ball Era, Naruto was the most successful manga in the West. So much so that he was in the Big 3 from 2008 until 2014. But he never managed to pass the One Piece numbers, also because One Piece is a juggernout that has been in Top 1 sales since 2006. But just like Bleach and Fairy Tail, the end of Naruto's story was a disaster in sales, audience and the story itself.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2015-11-29-at-10.36.05-PM1.jpg (1320x1408, 171K)

everyone of a certain age remembers that massive faggot in high school who was obsessed with naruto
thats why

Is the West just Contrarianism: The Continent?

As opposed to Naruto right?
>Bad guy does something
>Have initial scuffle with him and say they will meet again
>Shit happens to get powerup
>Naruto beats the bad guy
Same shit but at least Oda has perfected his formula to an absolute tee and is why One Piece is the best selling manga of all time.

Naruto went to complete shit after the timeskip.

One Piece is just endless filler so people don't really take it seriously

Naruto was popular with kids so people didn't like it on Yea Forums, it was the only reason fucking newfag

>>crew has 1v1 fights with their skill matchup
if you actually were brighter you'd notice that the strawhats interchange their opponents to achieve their goal, for example luffy won't fight a swordsman if zoro's nearby, not even mentioning the fact that in many arcs all of the strawhats don't get their 1v1, unless you generalized so hard that protagonists beating the evil is repetitive for you, but then all of children's cartoons would be

I'd say the part from Hidan and Kakuzu to Five Kage Summit was more or less at the same level as Part 1 desu

Because the average Naruto reader was a dumb kid that grew up and saw how many flaws it had for a simple premise of "ninjas gotta fight", while the average Wan Piss reader doesn't have enough braincells to create a rational thought and therefore can't even understand the concept of something they like being bad.
Both are equally shit.

>HxH god tier
>shit power system
>shit powers
>rip off character designs
>so bad Togashi cant even manage to finish it

Reminder that 90% of the series is exposition.

The problem with Naruto was it was supposed to be about someone getting acknowledgement for their hard work to get them to the top. Kishi phoned that in for demon powers and coincidental reincarnation nonsense therefore completely wiping out the original intention of the work.

Naruto's story kind of became a huge clusterfuck

>shit power system
Ah yes, because 'my anime powers are better than your anime powers' and 'I want to win more than you so I win' are totally superior mechanics.
I don't care if you hate shounens, this is a literal brainlet statement.

>Because the average Naruto reader was a dumb kid that grew up and saw how many flaws it had

I wasted so much time of my early teens thinking about this shit

Attached: 1549242806713.png (580x548, 369K)

And it still shouldn't have been. Reason modern Yea Forums is shit.

>Modern Yea Forums
Retard doesn't realize that Yea Forums isn't even 20 years and is using the word "modern" to classify the time of Yea Forums currently
Your mother should have swallowed and I wonder how someone this stupid can function in everyday society.

Ohh don't mistake what I said fag. All shonen power systems are complete shit that get thrown apart as the series progresses. Chakra, ki, nen, reiki, etc, all turn to shit over the life of the series if not get thrown completely out the window

>Same for Yea Forums where Naruto was always the one that "shouldn't be allowed on Yea Forums"
This one was because Naruto's fanbase back in the early Yea Forums days was unbelievably cancer. Zoomers nowadays don't even know because it's settled down over time but it was on a level of cancer untold of at the time.

As for story, One Piece, despite it's length and worldbuilding has always been pretty simplistic in it's concept. The individual arcs may vary in length and quality but the overall concept is straight and to the point. Naruto sort of goes in a bunch of different directions with multiple angles that people weren't a fan of with an especially noticeable careening off a cliff in it's timeskip. Also, I feel like Naruto's characters weren't as likable and the ones people did like didn't get much focus or the time they deserved

>Hiyori? You can't take her to the future, Kinemon, she would only slow you guys down
>Let's leave her as a future walking baby-factory in order for Kozuki family to prevail, it's the only thing that women are good for anyway.

Attached: 49474.jpg (225x350, 30K)

The reason that OnePiece gets off the hook is because of the grand narrative.
One Piece has from the very beginning declared that it's going to be an epic with a single complete arc.

And so far it is all moving in the same direction.
It seems like Oda has a grand plan for everything.
At this point, it has been 951 chapters of buildup for something massive.
That is why people are giving it a free pass and overlooking it's flaws because it has promised us that all is going to be worth it.

Ironically, the best part about One Piece is that it is all in one piece.

>I remember seeing Naruto and One Piece debates on Youtube where they nitpicked the hell out of Naruto while completely ignoring One Piece's mediocrity.
You say, while not providing any examples of that "mediocrity" you speak of.

What new arguments you want about a dead series? Maybe they are repeated because they are real and the series actually does have these problems?

>Also why are you pointing at narutos fights becoming less tactical when one piece fights were never tactical to begin with.
Because Naruto put more focus on fights while OP put more focus on the adventure aspect and that's why both series should be graded based on different aspects?

I don't think people overlook it's flaws that much. There's been plenty of outcry about arcs like Fishman Island and Dressrosa being pretty shit and Pell being alive, etc.

>At this point, it has been 951 chapters of buildup for something massive
Is this supposed to be a good thing? Also, you seriously believe Oda has it planned from the beginning? Come on.

I would say one Piece is a 7 until sabaody to the timeskip, that's a 10. I still have not watched past the timeskip but I heard mixed reviews about it.

Naruto was entertaining basically right away. This probably led to it being more popular right away in the west. But that Sabaody to timeskip gave the biggest manga sales boost in history.

IF he somehow manages to pay that off, one piece is going to be the best thing ever.
However, it's almost certainly not happening.

>Is this supposed to be a good thing?
Considering how the story works if you've been reading from the beginning, I'd say so
> Also, you seriously believe Oda has it planned from the beginning?
He didn't have the whole story planned from the beginning, that's impossible but he does know where and how it's going to end from the beginning and for an ongoing adventure manga, that's pretty important

>However, it's almost certainly not happening.
You have such little faith. Even 900 chapters in, Oda still hits people with the "oh shit, there's more to this we didn't know"

Attached: tmzYIdg1vo7isa_540.jpg (540x351, 53K)

You misunderstand me.
He certainly has a plan.
But at this point, he MUST nail the archetypes and resolve the meta-narrative.
That's going to be really tough.

Oda MUST deliver something for the greatest mystery that there is currently in fiction: What is the One-Piece.
And he MUST write a revolution arc where the government is overthrown and something happens with the empty throne.

I must remind you that this is pretty similar to what game of thrones had to deal with.
And that's a problem because it is unresolvable.

Due to the nature of both the audience AND the meta-narrative, the only thing that would satisfy the archetypes would be an AiYo type ending like Rebellion pulled it.
If he does a Code Geass style ending it will satisfy the crowd instead.

To remedy THIS is a monumental task. I am counting on it ending like Gurren Lagann in the end or something.
It's going to be a bookend ending with Luffy driving away into the sunset instead of being crowned king of the world(as is his birthright by will of D AND being the son of Im sama or something) because he always wanted to be free.
IRONICALLY ending exactly like Game of Thrones.
Except - hopefully - in a good way.

>the greatest mystery that there is currently in fiction
Actually fucking retarded.

The One Piece world was always retarded and built on hype, the hype around characters and factions, but it worked to its advantages, the world Oda created based around Islands was capable of creating many different factions without making it too complex, there are the Marines, Yonkou, Shichibukai, WG, Supernovas and the respective islands (which could just be based over random real world civilizations since none of them have borders so we don't need to see how they interact with eachother). Only now that we are reaching the end and the hype has ran out can we see Oda consistently dropping the ball

Naruto tried to be more "high class" in a way with the Zabuza arc, the readers expected a complex world filled with intrigue but that world never came, Kishi tried to bring up past events like the 3 wars but they were never stretched well enough, we don't know its causes or consequences, they just happened. So by mid Part 1 Naruto had turned into One Piece, but without the hype to back it up and he still managed to drop the ball as well evendoe there were only fewer factions
>Leaf Village
The kids were turned irrelevant after the ts and everyone other than Naruto and Kakashi in a way was turned irrelevant in the Final arc
>Other Great Villages
We pretty much only saw the Kages, who looked promising in the Kage Summit but turned irrelevant in the final arc, the Jinchuuriki were a very important aspect of the series but they were all off screened
>Sound Village
Turned irrelevant by mids Part 2
>Taka/Hebi
Only Sasuke got any development
>Akatsuki
The only one who lived up to the hype, still ditched them too soon so he had to get hype somewhere else, the old ancient ninjas who fucked up the power scalling

Yeah yeah Oda is good at making people believe he had it all planned out. But what he's doing is writing some characters so he can use them for some random shit later and people be like GOOODAAAA. Like that Laboon shit. Seriously that wasn't even good.

Well, that's something that unironically has 951 pages of hype. And no one has even a remote clue.
If that isn't the biggest mystery in fiction, then what is.
I am talking about UNRESOLVED. As in works that are finished and where you just need to read it do no count.

Unironically, that's how he does it.

>Akatsuki
>The only one who lived up to the hype
I'd strongly disagree with this. I feel like while there are a few that stand out like Hidan and Kakuzu and Kisame (who basically only had one real fight), the problem with the Akatsuki is that ultimately in the end, everything about them was largely irrelevant since they were just pawns of like 3 other bigger bad guys and this wouldn't be 'that' bad but the thing is the Akatsuki were seen as the main bad guys for so many years that the actual bad guys just seemed underwhelming in comparison

One Piece is fun. To some point at least.

Naruto problem is that it had potential to be really good and it was wasted half way the story which made a lot of people bitter.

Still, it's not as bad as some people make it to be.

>Repetitive plot
This is actually funny cuz the final part of pre ts was very innovative, but all the arcs post ts have turned into either "Luffy and the crew go save some island that's under Shichibukai/Yonkou very bad reign" or "Luffy goes rescue a crewmember " again, there was no need for Dressrosa, whose main plot was just them infiltrating in the Island and destroying the SMILE factory to be about "I'LL SAVE EVERYONE", there was no need for the Big Mom arc which was about stealing the Red Poneglyph to be a dumber version of Enies Lobby with Sanji

>Forced drama
Related to repetitive plot, we always need an Island to save, so we always need to watch sobstory number 20192389 so we can feel bad for them

>Goofyness reaching new levels
You can say it's just Oda's style but it isn't, I don't remember any Part 1 villain and it's crew, other than Buggy, being as goofy as Queen, and don't remember any Part 1 villain with a worse design than WB's son

>Hack World Building
Lots of people believe the World Building is good because it has lots of factions but that's solely because Oda made a completely retarded world that worked to perfection with its plot, there are 4 island continents, divided by a gigantic vertical line continent and an horizontal line of sea called the Grand Line, the Grandline is surrounded by 2 Calm Belts filled with giant monsters, every major sea can enter the Grand Line through one Mountain which has 4 streams connecting it, inside the Grand Line there are many different Islands, every Island has it's own "thing", one is Egypt, the other is Spain, etc, etc

Basically, Oda couldn't think of a normal fantasy world to fit the pirate plot in so he just made this shit up

>Luffy
A very bad main character, he is dumb and goofy at all times except when the plot demands it's time for serious speech time then he turns into Sun Tzu.

>Not really sure how to group it, but dumb shit like Luffy getting multiple Fleets off the Colosseum

Meant more like the individual members, they were unique both when it came to their powers and characterization, but yeah Kishi dropped the ball with the grand scheme of things

That may sound gay but I do really like both works.
But I do agree that people go harder on Naruto.
But one of one piece pros is that there is really no unlikable character, most characters are really fun and enjoyable to watch and their friendship seems genuine so most people just feel good watching it even tho it may have some boring arcs with horrible pacing and animation.
Naruto on the other hand had the problem of 2 of the main cast (which only has 4 characters anyway) were annoying and unlikable most of the time especially Sakura and sometimes Sasuke.
When half of your main cast is considered unlikable by majority of the audience then that's a problem.
Anyway I did like the war arc and if you skipped the fillers it won't feel long especially if you marathon it like I did.

Attached: hurrr_durrr.jpg (1080x1077, 266K)

>there was no need for Dressrosa
They got the Grand Fleet which is probably necessary for the final war and it's basically the only time we've seen anything with the Revolutionaries in a serious capacity up to that point

>there was no need for the Big Mom arc which was about stealing the Red Poneglyph to be a dumber version of Enies Lobby with Sanji
The Sanji stuff wasn't even that big in the long run. It was largely to have a confrontation with Big Mom

>I don't remember any Part 1 villain and it's crew, other than Buggy, being as goofy as Queen
Gedatsu in Skypeia who was unironically retarded

It's because moot was really butthurt and disliked Naruto so he told everyone to troll the shit out of any threads people made. Then he cucked out.

Attached: Naruto on 4chan.jpg (1321x1128, 386K)

because OP is still running. Once it ends everyone will pretend it was never good compared to MHA or whatever the fuck is still alive at the time

>Ah, so this is the legendary Spee D Reader? I see...

Attached: luffy pretends to think.gif (500x270, 484K)

>They got the Grand Fleet which is probably necessary for the final war
That was stupid, Luffy was also inside of the BirdCage (another thing that's stupid), he had to beat Doflamingo to survive so don't get why all those fighters were that impressed by Luffy's chivalry, Oda just thought Luffy had to get more allies so he made something up

>The Sanji stuff wasn't even that big in the long run. It was largely to have a confrontation with Big Mom
It was doe, it stretched the arc a lot, stretching the arcs is common for Oda but damn there was no need here (there didn't have to be a confrontation with Big Mom)

>Gedatsu in Skypeia who was unironically retarded
Not the same type of goofyness, judging from the last arcs I reckon Oda has turned senile sadly

Oda and goofiness is weird. Like you have guys who are goofy as shit but then you have folks like Senor Pink who had a great backstory and my nigga Pound who was literally dumb joke but had one of the best scenes in the arc.

Then there's Yasu

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 38K)

>"Luffy and the crew go save some island that's under Shichibukai/Yonkou very bad reign"
nigger, ever since we've heard about yonkou it's rather obvious we have to face them
yonkou get their separate arcs because they're one of the main forces OP's world is constructed on, they're just that important for the overall story
>Forced drama
this is the problem of all people who complain about the ts
we're in the endgame now, sobstories are additional, not the main point of the plot, though it's nice to know other characters' motives, you know

>Hack World Building
that's the most retarded argument i've ever seen, but okay
all of your post can be summed up to "oda makes up shit to use it later!!!"
indeed, he does that, but literally every fiction author does that too, the difference you don't see it is that we know what the goal is: to get one piece and change the world (destroy the balance of the forces which for you are "made up")

>Luffy
he seems dumb to you, because you expect internal conflict from him, but what you haven't noticed it is that his ideals are settled since the very beginning, you could actually learn something from him

wrong
One Piece god tier
DBZ good
Naruto good
HxH bad

Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to Yea Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfags to show their faces here.

Because unlike most, Naruto actually had the balls to finish it's story

One Piece has the dumbest, most incoherent story with the perfect set up for asspulls.
>the world can have ANYTHING and it will be unquestionable, because the world is just that wacky and random
>the enemies can be ANYTHING and it will be unquestionable because that's just Oda's vision & artstyle, wacky and random
>technology and abilities can do ANYTHING and it will be unquestionable because that's another wacky and random part of Oda's masterpiece
>conveniently write new mechanics and rules after several hundreds of pages
>lol did u know there's this thing called Haki that we've never mentioned or seen in action, unless you conveniently count "mean stare" as foreshadowing haha
>lol did u know that fruit powers can extend outside of your body??

This, plus the most obnoxious plot armor in all of manga
>bleed several liters
>no problem, I'm just tired and hungry

>losing fight
>no problem, insert flashback or convenient new haki / gear

>ship being bombarded
>no problem we're unsinkable / untargetable

>literal holes & cuts in body
>no problem just slap some bandages on it

>in trouble
>no problem, just sacrifice some barely established character for drama points or have some poor old princess cry for aid - which always shows up in time

>LOL I CAN HAVE TWO POWERS, I'M A BIG GUY
>"immediately capable of using said ability to equal extent as it's previous, borderline superhuman, wielder

There honestly isn't a single battleshounen manga that deserves more shit than wan piss, except maybe BnHA

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Naruto either, I'm just a particularly angry wan piss hater

Attached: 1480811774636.png (253x238, 40K)

Attached: 1554744715240.jpg (247x284, 25K)

>nigger, ever since we've heard about yonkou it's rather obvious we have to face them
The emphasis was on the "save some island" part, not facing the Yonkous. I actually had very high expectations for the Yonkou Saga when Law explained his plan, only for it to turn into the same old shit of going to some island, meet a princess in distress, figure out the bad guy's plan, face the bad guy while having an angry face, beat the bad guy and have a banquet at the end

>that's the most retarded argument i've ever seen, but okay
The point was Oda made up a pretty dumb world to make it easier for him to fit in the main plot. It would be like Tolkien creating a world with Mount Doom in the middle and every single continent, island, ocean and river pointing towards it because the major plotline is for Frodo to go there destroy the Ring. The One Piece world is built for a treasure hunt that's what I'm saying

Take a look at this loser right here, everyone.

>asspulls
Stop using words you don't know the definition of.

Judging from your last post >Basically, Oda couldn't think of a normal fantasy world to fit the pirate plot in so he just made this shit up
You rather have it be some generic fantasy world instead. You're full of shit. It's fine the way it is.

>The emphasis was on the "save some island" part, not facing the Yonkous
the only islands that had to be truly saved are alabasta and wano, doflamingo's and big mom's dictatorship is surviveable, the proof for that is the fact that nobody cared how cruel big mom is on WCI, and for dressorosa - strawhats point out to law if he doesn't have personal beef with doflamingo, since they only came there to destroy smile factory and in general shake his position
the reason why we got sobstories in these arcs is because luffy got infested with the characters, all of the drama served a background purpose (the only time it didn't was alabasta)

>The point was Oda made up a pretty dumb world to make it easier for him to fit in the main plot.
thing is the outcome of finding one piece measures on the global scale, so the whole world has to be consistently written, author cannot allow himself to make unexplored fantasy worlds that live on their own rules
destroying the ring was to maintain the balance, meanwhile in one piece it's the that balance must be destroyed

Imbecile

I guess if the world was built like this for an inworld reason it's somewhat okay, still feels very contrived imo

Yeah, technically some of it is not an asspull since Oda can do anything he wants, and all his fans will eat that shit up since he doesn't need good writing or planning when everything is can be written off as "just another eccentric mystery of the world"
Like, he can literally add a race of robots or aliens in one piece and no one would bat an eye because that's just how fucking deep the rabbit hole goes - there are no limits to what he can do.
The "one piece" can LITERALLY be the "friendship we made along the way" and even that would be accepted

>still feels very contrived imo
it doesn't if you acknowledge the importance of finding one piece, it has geometrical sense, since oda rides on symbols

Who knows. Naruto has its issues but anyone liking a manga where the MC is some retard who stretches his limbs lol so random XD needs to get some help. Then again since that trash has been going for so long the fanbase has some sort of stockholm syndrome. Garbage art, garbage story and when "world building" is the only positive you can think of, you know it's bad.

Not a single other anime has have had a plot armor as thick as it is in one piece. Unironically Milk and Meat is the only things you need to be the pirate king.

>Imbecile
Compelling argument.

You haven't explained how that's a bad thing.

because you don't need planning, talent or strategies when anything you say goes

Who cares as long as the story is entertaining and makes sense?

>Who cares as long as the story is entertaining and makes sense?
As expected from a wan piss fag.

Just like OP said, everything else gets be critiqued and mocked, but if you give arguments about One Piece, you'll just receive "who cares just turn your brain off" tier replies

Because Naruto is filled with anticlimatic moments, and people take it personally. One piece on the other end, delivers what promise it since the start.

>he told everyone to troll the shit out of any threads people made
Doubt

Naruto wasted a fuckton of its potential. I also think Sasuke and Sakura are very unlikable characters that are only enjoyed by particular people, yet they are in the main cast and this brings the story down. One Piece isn't over yet so we don't really know if it's wasted any potential yet, especially with Oda's tendency to bring back characters and concepts from 100s of chapters ago and for the most part, people enjoy the main characters

Most of your argument hinges on the fact that Oda inserts weird stuff into his world and you don't like it, you fail to explain why this is bad on a narrative level.
How do aliens existing, or people having bizarre appearances in One Piece make the themes of fighting for your dreams and your friends bad?
Why is it bad for a story about an absurd world having absurd circumstances occur? And the story makes it clear that these circumstances don't just happen for the main characters, it happens for everyone.

>"The author said literally anything can happen so if something that makes no sense happens it's perfectly fine lol turn your brain off baka one piece is the smartest manga"

You're free to enjoy your repetitive shitty story but don't pretend it's good writing just because it "makes sense"
I'm sure whatever chapter is going on right now has another island in need of liberation and Luffy's crew is in there with impeccable timing.

Start of naruto what do they sell:
-Hard work
-Effort beats genius
-Solitaire kid against the hatred of everyone
-The Jonin are powerfull ninjas after decades of fights to dead
-Everyone has its own dreams

Naruto at the start of shipuuden what wou really get form the series:
-Oh, Naruto has the fucking kyubi inside which gives him almost infinite chackra and regeneration
-Oh, naruto is the son of two geniuses and ends up being another genius
-Oh, everyone seems to like naruto now
-The jonin are shit compared to young generations that have overpowerful techniques even though they haven't been in any bloody war.
-Fuck our dreams, lets look for Sasuke even though he is a traitor and he has nothing to do with us anymore.

Also almost everything is filler in the anime.

Yep

I prefer One Piece mate.

Attached: 1500161367256.jpg (728x538, 102K)

>The author said literally anything can happen so if something that makes no sense happens it's perfectly fine
Such as...?

One piece has very horrible art.

>absolute clusterfuck
The plot is very linear.

Think Kishi's style and concept gives very serious vibes so people rate it in a more serious matter

For example, Togashi revived a character very important to the main's character development and turned him into a Loli in the process, and I didn't even care that much, I just thought that was dumb and that's it. Meanwhile I fel straight up disrespected by the way Kishi ended the Invasion of Pain arc. There's something about Naruto that makes you have very high expectations for it evendoe there's no reason for you to have them

*manner

>don't pretend it's good writing just because it "makes sense"
Not that user but things "making sense" is generally considered to be good writing. People like internal consistency in storytelling so when something happens that breaks the story's internal logic, the immersion is broken and it's recognized as bad writing.

Only the Jonin part is true, but what fucked up the powerscaling wasn't the younger generations being stronger than the last, only Naruto and Sasuke became strong, the rest of the kids stayed weak and irrelevant. What fucked up the powerscaling were the older generations being strong as fuck, the Third Raikage was not even a strong character by the end of the series and he was as strong as a Bijuu lol

Still haven't seen nen thrown out the window yet

>hard work beats genius
Was never a theme of the series.Gaara literally won and broke Lee bones,how can you not realize that the theme was proved to be flawed. That was rock Lee way of thinking and the writer showed that it wasn't perfect or true always.
>in the start of shippuden we know that Naruto has the kyubi
We knew that from the start of the original series and we were shown how strong and dangerous it was in the first arc, the chunin exams and when Naruto fought Sasuke and was able to heal the chidori damage.

It's totally fine if you prefer one piece but don't act like you watched Naruto and knows about it.

Yeah typically, but most of the time "making sense" just means it's simplified shit for babies

>-Hard work
False
>-Effort beats genius
False
>-Solitaire kid against the hatred of everyone
True but not sure what's the point
>-The Jonin are powerfull ninjas after decades of fights to dead
True
>-Everyone has its own dreams
? When did anyone other Naruto and Sasuke talk about their goals in part 1? Maybe Kiba talked about wanting to be Hokage once but that's it

>-Oh, Naruto has the fucking kyubi inside which gives him almost infinite chackra and regeneration
We always had these things, one of the reasons why your 1st point was false
>-Oh, naruto is the son of two geniuses and ends up being another genius
Kakashi had already theorized Kurama was affecting Naruto's chakra control, and he was never that much of a loser, he always had a lot of chakra like I had said, managed to summon Gamabunta and learn the Rasengan in a very small time
>-Oh, everyone seems to like naruto now
It's called growth
>-The jonin are shit compared to young generations that have overpowerful techniques even though they haven't been in any bloody war.
True, the Jonin were made irrelevant
>-Fuck our dreams, lets look for Sasuke even though he is a traitor and he has nothing to do with us anymore.
? I agree Naruto and Sasuke's homoerotic relationship was shit but how is him wanting to find Sasuke anything to do with throwing away his dream?