Who will make the actual good kyoani shows now that Takegodto is dead?

Who will make the actual good kyoani shows now that Takegodto is dead?

Attached: Yasuhiro-Takemoto-missing-in-Kyoto-Animation-fire-arson-mass-murder-KyoAni-director-made-Violet-Ever (1024x576, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sakugabooru.com/post/show/31457
sakugabooru.com/post/show/25927
sakugabooru.com/post/show/25928
sakugabooru.com/post/show/23541
sakugabooru.com/post/show/5667
sakugabooru.com/post/show/8713
sakugabooru.com/post/show/57311
sakugabooru.com/post/show/25378
sakugabooru.com/post/show/29418
sakugabooru.com/post/show/24416
youtube.com/watch?v=_PbvrJWeyVQ&t=56s
animatorswiki.blitedesu.net/index.php?title=Taichi_Ishidate
animatorswiki.blitedesu.net/index.php?title=Yoshiji_Kigami
twitter.com/kyoani/status/1158622173952532481
gamp.ameblo.jp/kanku0901/entry-12497416248.html?__twitter_impression=true
youtu.be/TvLUSMJjEu8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yamada
Ishidate
Ishihara

Ishidate can even replace Kigami as the top animator/teacher. They'll manage.

Ishidate and Fujita are the future of KyoAni.

Ishihara is alive too and is very experienced. The one thing conflicting is that Ishidate now will have to do a lot more work and not sure what he will focus on.

He is the best KyoAni director (yes, i mean it. His shows track record is not best, but he is splendid episode director and actually knows his stuff, originally wanting to film real movies).

He is also the best Kigami student and one of the best KyoAni animators. Now that Kigami is dead, there is no better person than Ishidate to teach students to animate.

He also loves animating a lot, but directional work steals time from him as he can't do both. Now his workload will tripple.

They won't, Takemoto was their only good director.
He even managed to make dragon mais into something fun to watch. R

>the actual good kyoani shows
?

btw, VEG OVA was shown in Germany on 3-4 August, and apparently its 90 minute long so almost a movie, being split in two parts - first being the yuri bait thats Eternity and the Automemories Girl, and second half focused on some other more tragic story with decent pay off.

Can't wait for reviews and impressions. Still, its still just OAV. Proper movie comes as planned in january 2020

Takemoto deserves a worshipped status just for Disappearance and Hyouka.

But you are correct, every KyoAni show is actually good.

Second half is 100% original by the way.

KyoAni (or rather Reiko Yoshida) writing is inferior to the original novel author Kana Akatsuki. Every single original episode was inferior to the ones based on novel. Why can't they just get Akatsuki to write directly for anime content?

You assume Yoshida doesn't ask Akatsuki for guidance on Violet's character.

Attached: 1546534823159.jpg (234x231, 10K)

I assume she does not, because anime Violet is wastly different from novel Violet and if anything represents Ishidate`s own vision.

I'm still worried about Ishidate's condition, especially the hands and eyes.
The guy's currently Schrödinger's animator in my mind.

Attached: 1538528791641.png (629x643, 270K)

Bro they discuss pretty much everything with the original author before and while adapting stuff. If anime Violet is like this it's because Akatsuki helped the director and the scriptwriter make her so.

Where is the next generation of KyoAni even coming from? Maybe I don't follow the studio as intricately as I could but I'm just not sure who's in a position where they're ready to step up and take the reins both creatively and from a position of leadership.

Maybe I'm projecting western values somewhere they don't necessarily apply, but I feel like there has to be a "rah rah" sort of strongman to get through a situation like this. Someone to say "We're going to keep going and not let any fucker who wants us dead win".

1. Akatsuki novel is the way it is because of KA Bunko editor responsible. The published novel was different from submitted and was written with editors supervision already incorporating what KyoAni wanted it to be.
2. Akatsuki sure consulted with Ishidate, but in pre production and it was very clear that anime will be different from novel. Majority of how Violet is portrayed in anime is Ishidate`s own responsibility and vision - not even Yoshida`s, as she simply did what he told and implemented stuff he wanted, aside writing original script parts.

Ishidate radically changed how story was shown and Violet`s character, and since episodes were in production simultaneousy while Violet`s character supposed to develop with time, it was a mess for him as he had to consult every episode director and script writor for episode what "Violet" should be in this episode, as she developed and changed. To a point he`d have to tell stuff like "in this episode she shoud have 6 empathy, 8 Coldness, 3 Social skills, 9 cuteness " in stats

Animators becoming KyoAni directors. The "next generation" is length there. There are dosens KyoAni animators that already did some episode directors and are on a way to be promoted to series directors in future. The most known are Fujita (Yamada`s protege that Ishidate stole, Ogawa or recently Yamamura who directed Tsurune. There plenty of others too).

KyoAni also have (had) own animation school, so trained own young animators that joined the studio and eventually were on a path to become directors too.

Theres no lack of staff to take new roles in KyoAni, especially considering Studio 5 and Animation Do were unhurt. The bigger loss really are staff that hard to be replaced, like Ikeda sisters, or Violet Evergarden art director etc.

That said, they still have plenty of talent and give them opportunities to try new roles and shine. For example Akiko Takase overnight became from unknown animator to prominent character designer thanks to her work on VEG.

Sunrise and other studios promised to help KyoAni on their recovery and work. I wonder if KyoAni will accept such (production) help.

It would be interesting to see show made by KyoAni together with Sunrise, PA Works and other studios pitching in.

Yes I've read the interviews. What I'm saying is that Akatsuki had her part in making this Violet so different.

>KyoAni/P.A. Works collab

Imagine the kino

Attached: 1390581484273.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

He's fine.
Physically, that is.

So, was he responsible for "homos in water, the anime" x 2? If so, there''s no loss.

No.

Ishihara was their best director before and after the fire.

Attached: 1535083341091.jpg (1280x1352, 655K)

If they get desperate enough they could always rehire this guy

Attached: yamakan savior.jpg (400x311, 74K)

>Ishidate can even replace Kigami as the top animator/teacher.
Can he really replace a veteran like Kigami? I mean he worked on Akira, ffs

Because Akatsuki doesn't work for them.

Ishidate is the only one in there who can. He was Kigami's close apprentice for quite a while after all.

sakugabooru.com/post/show/31457
sakugabooru.com/post/show/25927
sakugabooru.com/post/show/25928
sakugabooru.com/post/show/23541
sakugabooru.com/post/show/5667
sakugabooru.com/post/show/8713
sakugabooru.com/post/show/57311
sakugabooru.com/post/show/25378
sakugabooru.com/post/show/29418
sakugabooru.com/post/show/24416

youtube.com/watch?v=_PbvrJWeyVQ&t=56s

Let's put it like this, with Kigami gone Ishidate becomes the new Kigami and Tatsuya or Fujita becomes the new Ishidate.

Attached: 1542307483661.png (1000x1000, 264K)

I see. Well, it looks like he's certainly not lacking in the talent department, and with Kigami gone I suppose he has no choice but to step up and assume his sensei's mantle.

By the way, how you do guys know who apprentices under who and such?

There's no real way to know. You have to look up cuts and compare the people who made them and you have to look up their production histories and also compare them. As you can imagine it's common to have the mentor work alongside the pupil.

Ishidate is a rare case because he said during an old interview how it was like to start as a key animator in KyoAni and have Kigami staple a whole bunch of his frames (stapled frames are discarded). He then went on to say how strict Kigami was and how much he had learnt from him at the time.

Oh and you could try using Google.
animatorswiki.blitedesu.net/index.php?title=Taichi_Ishidate

Although like I said, Ishidate is a rare case where this relationship is made clear.

Who lost his legs?
Has that been revealed?

Has Shinji Aoba woken up yet?

Ishidate has already been the head of their animation school for a couple of years now.

RIP

Attached: 1564746487250[1].jpg (960x1235, 290K)

A shame that he's now directing and won't be animating much, he's not really that good in that position.

I am surprised that Takemoto was supposed to direct 20th century electric boongalo. It looks more like Ishihara stuff.

They need to bring back Fumihiko Shimo, and put him with Ishihara to make the Key duo again. Maybe adapt some Key works again, like Summer Pockets.

Attached: image-w240.jpg (240x285, 13K)

>keytrash
That's even worse than kyoani's inhouse novels

no, they need to bring back Yamakan and do Haruhi S3

Well isn't really a bad idea considering that Kyoani was a literally who before the Key period. It helped the studio to solidify, and develop, and that's exactly what they need again.

KyoAni has been dead for years, OP.
This won't change anything, except they have a scapegoat to point to.

Yes, this is a fucking tragedy that ought not of happened, and heartfelt regards go out to anyone affected, but KyoAni had been shit for years.
I'm glad it wasn't someone "motivated" by crap like that.

animatorswiki.blitedesu.net/index.php?title=Yoshiji_Kigami

Lots of "is" in this article where it should've been "was".

They never made good shows.

And yet more successful and well-known. Clannad After Story is easily found in anyone's favorite list.

Novel Violet is irrelevant to anything. No one cares about the novel and it was just an audition to get Kyoani to upgrade it into an anime. It's a sceenplay rough draft.

There's only one property that can bring Kyoai back to a new golden era. And it's the same one that gave them their true golden era to begin with. This is not the end for Kyoto Animation.

It's a rest.

And we all know what it is that's going to bring them back into the sun. Like a supernova! Season Three announcement will be their first step back into the game.

Attached: haruhi menace.webm (1280x720, 1.51M)

>Yamada
Yikes
>Ishidate
Only great worker who survived
>Ishihara
Helps but won't make up for the dead lost

It's Key that them on the map retard newfag

It would be cool if they can get former kyoani staff to work together on something once again as a tribute to those who lost their lives
>Yukiko Horiguchi
>Noriko Takao
>Yuusuke Matsuo
>Atsushi Saitou
>Nao Naitou
>Hiroko Utsumi
>Chiyoko Ueno
>Chise Kamoi
>Satoshi Kadowaki
>Masaharu Watanabe
>Kazuya Sakamoto
>Shinobu Yoshioka
>Yamakan - lol

....Like what?

Attached: harsh comparisons.webm (640x480, 1.17M)

Something like an illustration book, like the one SHAFT animators are releasing at the next Comiket.
Something that doesn't require them to deviate from their usual working schedule much.

Ishidate is Kyoani's worst director. What the fuck are you smoking? He doesn't have a creative bone in his body. There's no artistic vision in his shows. All he is good at is making sure things are on schedule and looking good. Basically, he's a ttop notch assistant director. Compare an episode directed by Yamada and one by Ishidate. It's like night and day difference. Yamada's will have good cinematography because she actually understands filmmaking, symbolism, aesthetics. Ishidate's will be polished but lacking any soul or vision, because he's just a guy who is good at animating things, but doesn't know the first thing about filmmaking.

>Fujita
Assuming she's not dead.
Her name was removed from the recent VEG Gaiden promo materials.

Probably won't. It's funny that Shaft employees have more loyalty to them than actual former staffs.

>Summer Pockets
Yes, I want to see the girl voiced by Konomi Kohara animated by Kinoani again.

Attached: b8485101c5e13fca9f6060aa0c56d13d9fed1342.jpg (1200x675, 258K)

oh its that guy again

IKR? The first few episodes were so excruciatingly BORING. It's only gets good in the second half, which adapted content from the original novel.

>twitter.com/kyoani/status/1158622173952532481

[Fund-raising activities confirmed by us]
I would like to report on the deposit of Animate “Kyoto Animation like Support Fund” as follows.
Deposit date: August 2 (Friday)
Amount: 249,030,484 yen
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to everyone who supported us.

In other words, ishidate is a fucking hack? Figures.

So, I suppose Sentai money is nowhere to be found yet, because Kyoani would inform it.

No. Are you retarded?

>Kyoani/PA Works collab
>posts A1
cope

Attached: 1552665964992.png (512x512, 275K)

A lot of trash has put a lot of people and studios "on the map", like KLK, SAO or AoT, that doesn't make these shows any less garbage. Keyshit is absolute filth.

>KLK, SAO, AoT
>trash
Mainstream doesn't mean trash by default user.

I am pretty sure its Nagi no Asukara screenshot and its PA Works show

he was on the press saying KyoAni deserved the arson attack because they created anime that made people insane or some shit
no way fag

I don't think that was Yamakan. Stop spreading misinformation.

Fake and gay. Yamakan delayed his suicide after Kyoani burning, knowing he has obligation as survivor to help them revive.

I don't think anyone said that, certainly not Yamakan. There was some professor who wrote an article saying that KyoAni anime are like drugs to loners shortly after the arson, but that's about it.

this?
gamp.ameblo.jp/kanku0901/entry-12497416248.html?__twitter_impression=true

translation?

That's not a direct criticisms against Kyoani, more like against the industry. Somewhing along the lines of: "anime industry is slowly sowing madness in their fans". And Kyoani just happened to be victim this time, but it could have been anyone.

How are you coping with the trauma, user?

>Machine translation:

"Me and Kyoto Animation, “12 Years of Dreams and Madness” and “Our Failure”

As time goes by, the whole picture is still unclear.

However, I will decide, be prepared, and write that this is the timing.
Various misunderstandings, misleading, emotional theory, yeah. Do you know.

I write to advance the anime half a step forward.

youtu.be/TvLUSMJjEu8

First of all, this video is pasted again.

In July 2016, a lecture just three years ago, I had already explained (forecasts) the circumstances leading to this incident.
In 2007, Kyo Ani collaborated with “crazy” on the anonymous bulletin board and dragged me down from the forefront of animation production.

What I want to say here is not the grudge against having dragged me down, but the fact that they have colluded with "madness".
From here the complicity relationship between them and the “madness” of the net, and the insatiable battle between me and the net begins.

It has been 12 years since then.

The zodiac went around.
No, but I wasn't confronted with "crazy" from the beginning.

Rather, it can be said that until 2007, Kyo-Ani was calm in the “competent relationship”.

So I'm not going to say "I'm different!"

There was a time when I invited "madness" for sure.
However, I immediately woke up, cut off from this "compete relationship", and began to eliminate it with thorough criticism and warning.

But they continued to welcome the “competence”.

The road parted here.

But neither me nor they say “we” here, there is no doubt that we distorted the history of anime.
Anime became a lawless “crazy” zone.

Of course, there are people who enjoy anime purely. However, everyone was too careless to defend and discriminate against the existence of anomalous human beings that were inevitably criminal.

The animation absorbed `` crazy '' conveniently as a power of numbers and seemed to have made a remarkable development at first glance, but `` fire '' has already been mixed, and it is smoldering here and there It can be said that he was tolerating a very dangerous situation.
And that "fire type" finally exploded and burned up.
“Otaku breaks anime,” I kept saying.

Carefully, the catastrophe was predicted about two weeks before the incident.

My prophecy was right in this worst way.

Incorrect, its "anime industry played with fire" by catering for the crazy minority of otaku fans. He is kind of correct and consequent as he`s been saying that and attacking Otaku for years (albeit his own output is not that different).

But his logic is also wrong. KyoAni is probaly one of the least Otaku oriented studio out there anyway, and the "madness" he speaks of is not exclusive to otaku fandom and sns/chans - but just a downside of being a celebrity/being in spotlight. Its no different for singers, movie stars, prominent companies etc. Some percentage of fans of everything are battshit crazy and its inevitable.

He is just bitter KyoAni listened to fans/2ch reaction being unhappy about his work on Lucky Star. Yamakan has a certain integrity in his views, but hes probably also more crazy than the otaku he hates passionately.

Meanwhile, KyoAni was a studio that aimed to litterally heal and make people happy, and given Hatta statement it still remains their goal (and will forever remain point of otaku critizism because they`ll continue not making stuff they want)

I dare to declare here that this catastrophe is a "compensation" for "our failure".
Kata and I have been paying the “compensation” little by little for 12 years, but not intermittently.

I really don't know how many times I went through the “madness” attack every day.

“Yamakan can't hear what we say! It doesn't work like a slave for us!” A compulsion and intimidation from humans who became a mass of control.

As the voice grew, it was thrown away by friends, and instead the people who gathered around me conveniently put me on a shrine and threw it away from the cliff.

I lost my physical condition, finally felt my physical and mental limitations, and came to a business closure declaration.
On the other hand, Kyo-ani now pays all of the “compensation” that I have regretted and shed tears many times for 12 years.

Isn't it too much at all? I think so while biting my back teeth.

However, they finally came the "time to pay their annual tribute".
Naturally, this incident is severe and devastating enough to be disproportionate to say “compensation”. However, swallowing the regret and sadness that makes me want to scream here, and thinking about the stray of the anime of the past 12 years, this incident is not absurd or God's mischief, just what we have done so far It can only be positioned as a “compensation” for.
The fate of ourselves was decided when we invited the “madness” that we couldn't imagine what the danger was, and made it a tool of business without criticism.

In recent years, I was struck by the same thing at the time of Koganei's female singer stab, but I want to say this time too.

In fact, I should have said the same thing with NGT Yamaguchi Maho, but why is this reaction different?

Those who express themselves have no choice but to think desperately about the “self-defense” method against “madness” that always attacks.

Moreover, if you are approaching the “madness” with a tail, the risk is higher than you might expect.

That was the time.
We must grasp the era when “madness” is amplified and spread unlimitedly by SNS with a more strict look.

Expression has always been an era next to death.

Unless the consciousness of crisis and troubleshooting are quickly known and maintained, anime will really break.

It may be too late.

I don't want to wake up the fans who are deeply hurt and tearful.

However, this is the only question I want to ask anime fans around the world now.

“Can you say with confidence that you have never broken anime before?”

--------------------------

END

I hope Ishidate will focus on animation instead of directing for the future
Would be fun to see Yamada do some more animation again too

Yamada was trumped by Fujita length in both animation and directing

Art and shit

Disagreed. The man handled something like VEG quite well, I doubt another director would've made it work given how previous productions with an episodic format went.
And besides heavy drama is his thing, the studio itself had been setting him up for this sort of thing years ago by giving him the enshutsu role for series finales and emotional climaxes.

Working hard to fulfill my long lost dream of becoming a professional animator or at least have no regrets that I didn't at least give it a shot. I'd love nothing more than to work at Kyoani, but they train their employees in their early 20's once they get out of college and I'm already 26 and a filthy gaijin so there's literally no chance.

Sauce.

Yeah but those three are trash.

Ganbatte user

same
Stick at it and best of luck. If there's one thing I am happy to see out of this it's that some people are managing their grief by using it as a purpose and drive to develop a skill. Myself included.

Considering they were able to retrieve data from their servers, I'm really hoping this project sees the light of day.

The illustrator for the FMP novels is also going to sell something and use the money as donation.
Maybe there are others.

I can already see an army of people coming to Kyoani new HQs when they finally open their animation school again. This kind of tragedies touch people hearts, and saying that you helped Kyoani rise again sounds too good to ignore it.

Fight for it user, I hope you draw our future waifus.

Thank you all, good luck to you too!

Free movie: done/late stages of post production in another studio.
VEG OVA: done
VEG movie: late stages of post production in another studio.
It's safe to say this was what they we're currently working on, that's why character designs we're pinned. Hopefully plans and designs was kept in the servers and they just need to redraw whatever got burned.
The staff who wasn't there never stopped working. If they delay Hibike S3 to mid 2022, they can focus on finishing this one. This is only a TV anime so, maybe even with a staff of 30, 15 months is plenty of time. Other small-staffed studios can do it for less.

>animation school opens again
>enthusiastic students all fail because Ishidate sensei is jaded as fuck
C-cool.

Thats how Kigami tought him
>Those are your cells, Ishidate-kun? Good work, good work! Keep workign hard!
>*minute after throws them all into the trash and nothing is used in final anime*

Ishidate was already an employee back then. I'm talking about poor students getting Fs and never getting hired.

>enthusiastic students all fail because Ishidate sensei is jaded as fuck
You say that like it's a bad thing, they need to filter out the talent.

Absolutely. But a jaded teacher tends to fail everyone.

This tragedy made me much more aware of my own mortality. I had a habit of putting off my creative endeavors, but realizing that those who died will be immortalized by the work that they created gives me the motivation to keep at it.

I wanna poach the decent people from that meme studio

Kyoani is doomed..

Good

I've been doing a fan translation of Koe no Katachi to my native language, and I plan to do translations of their TV anime as well once I finish this one and figure out which of their shows already have translations in my language. I feel like those people died way too early, but if I can make their works of art more accessible to more people, that can amplify the impact they had on this world and compensate for how early they died, even if just by a tiny amount.