Samurai Champloo

Was it better than Cowboy Bebop?

Attached: champloo.jpg (1500x1200, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6GChjFrrkn4
youtube.com/watch?v=vsO44FKJBrA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

I wish that ninja girl showed up more. Bogus Booty was my favorite episode

It had better high moments, but also some pretty weak stuff as well. Bebop was more consistent quality overall.

I think you cant really judge the two but I think Champloo had the weaker ending

I think they were both equally good in different ways. Each show had it's own strengths, but they were about as strong as one another overall.

No

No, but it was still great.

I liked it more than Bebop

It's a very different show. I personally liked it better.

Depends on taste. I personally prefer bepop

space dandy was better than both

I didn't used to think so, but maybe.

based

Do any of you non-Yea Forums faggots even know what the deal with the christians was? Did you understand what was going on the whole time, or were you just like, lol cool swords

well, enlighten us then

I am sure you have a pasta ready just for this occasion

I personally enjoyed it more. The mix of setting and musical theme felt so genius to me.

Yeah I read Shogun

just wondering if you did or not. it's not my job etc

10 eps in and I still hate all the main characters so Bebop is better for me

>retard learns about hidden christians and tries to lord it over others
You type like an under aged retard, and I'm guessing you're a freshman philosophy major. Kindly fuck off from Yea Forums and Yea Forums, we have enough pseuds around here already.

Champloo I think had the stronger ending as a whole, but Bebop had the real fucking gut punch.

Yes, because it was actually good.

Can't find the song that played in Mugen's last fight on youtube. Was sure it was Death Wish by Force of Nature but youtube.com/watch?v=6GChjFrrkn4 ain't it and the only version I can find it this with some goon doing vocals over it. youtube.com/watch?v=vsO44FKJBrA

Yes.

Yes.

Overall, yes. Good music, entertaining format and episodes, it was pretty consistent. the only down side was that episode recapping everything that had happened previously. The ending was great.

kys reddit

Champloo was more of a "battling through adversity" narrative, while Bebop was more "life is pretty tragic and we can never undo the past". Bebop left me with something whereas Champloo was more just fun. I'll always go with Bebop.

I mean, Champloo had a lot of those same themes.
All of them were haunted by their past in some way, the entire plot was based around Fuu trying to find her dad to make sense of her being abandonned.

No and only plotfags disagree.

Yes and only plotfags disagree.

>plotfags choosing an episodic show over an overarching one
Nope.

YES. Honestly Bogus Booty was the only memorable episode of the show to me

I liked it more than Bebop

I hardly even remember that aspect of Fuu's character. Compare that to Fey where they spend a whole episode tracking down a betamax video of her childhood self, then the climax of actually watching it. Plus her con artist ex and her trip back to her demolished family home. Spike's tragic past runs through many episodes. Jet has two (or three, if you count Boogie Woogie Feng Shui, which I don't want to because it was one of the worse of the series), and they work well. In whole, barring Mushroom Samba, there is something tragic and nostalgic in every episode in Bebop, whereas Champloo has a bit of tragedy but a lot of triumph. There is something much more sentimental about Bebop that leaves much more vivid memories for someone like me. In contrast, I've seen Champloo twice and don't remember that much of it.

>Good music
>implying bebop didnt have a good soundtrack

SHARP LIKE THE EDGE OF A SAMURAI SWORD

No mainly cause Jin was an awful character. Should’ve been about just Mugen and Fuu

I don't know, but it sucked.

I did not imply that. Simply enjoyed better Champloo. Both had their own strength. Music was good in both. That’s just like my opinion man

Honestly, great show. Rewatching it tomorrow after seeing this thread. Only one tiny gripe. I hate the baseball episode so much. I've never managed to sit brought the whole thing. Everything's so annoying at once, it's like a three year old from Japan circa 1942 wrote it.

Yes

No but that show with elvis in space was much better than samurai shampoo

Fuck off, shipperfag.

Sounds to me like you don't have anything to say then. Yeah parts of the plot were about the Christians trying to survive after their rebellion and whatnot but that's a minor part of the show.