It's still happening, sooner or later, r-right?

It's still happening, sooner or later, r-right?

Attached: 1538506209461.jpg (275x363, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2018-09-07/premiere-report-yoshitoshi-abe-rerided/.136451
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes. not even joking.

I love Abe's art so much.

Attached: 09d8bef8ef700244f4ad727b89eef63c.jpg (1024x768, 241K)

And you don't seem to understand

Attached: source.jpg (1280x276, 112K)

Attached: 1559737585250.png (640x504, 80K)

Any day now.

What if it sucks?

We'll pretend otherwise.

You know it’s a fake anime chart when it has Despera.

Are there scans of the novel floating around anywhere? I have the physical book but without an OCR it's hard for me to read it at my skill level.

make the scans

and what if it sucks?

We have high hopes because it has teh most of the creators of Serial Experiments Lain

When will you sweeties learn not to have high expectations of stuff like this? Look at what happened with Ghost Hound. Lain and Texhnolyze worked because there was nothing like them at the time. A lot of people want Despera to be the same thing. It won't work. It has been literal decades since Lain. Their, and our, viewpoints have changed. It will probably decent, yeah, but will it be as groundbreaking as e.g Lain? Of course not because the ground itself is different now

>Ghost Hound
We are hyped about Despera because almost everything ABe touched turned to gold. And the character design is 10/10, his best since Lain.

What's happening? Is it Lain? Is Lain getting a sequel?! FOR REAL ARE YOU KIDDING??? OH MY GOD! This is my favorite anime of all time! I know it only aimed at smart people but maaaan am I glad I came across this thread! I'm smart and I'm all excited for a new Lain anime!

>ReRideD
I love ABe but let's not pretend it's all due to him. I'm excited to see more of his art but we still don't know any staff members aside from him and Konaka. If Ueda gets involved though, consider myself hyped.

Brainlet.

Reminder to watch Haibane Renmei and NieA_7 if you’re a Lain/Texhnolyze-only fag.

Why are you saying that?

Because you’re either a falseflagging shitter that got filtered by Lain or a reddit autist who gets off calling himself smart. Either way you’re a brainlet.

Do we even know what studio's workin on it?

>If Ueda gets involved though, consider myself hyped
That would be absolutely amazing.
Considering how much passion both of them have for what they put out there I'll love it either way though.
GEEKTOYS just did ABe dirty. Same with the Steins:Gate Director.

As far as I'm aware the only information we even have is that both ABe and Konaka have said "it's being worked on".

Since when has this been about Abe? Ghost Hound for example was hyped because the director Nakamura and writer Konaka was the same as Lain. If anything, Konaka is the primary pulling factor

I was specifically excited for rereided because it had abe and the steins gate director on it. Turns out steins gate had two directors, one did texhnolyze, shigurui and a bunch of other good shit and the other(the one who worked on reeided) had done shit before.

GH was weird as fuck. Been over a decade since I watched it but I remember not liking it.

Based

ANN has lost its credibility as journalists, if they ever were for that matter, but heres a little insight about what ABe and the director, Sato thoughts and development of Re;Rided. They knew it was a train wreck.

animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2018-09-07/premiere-report-yoshitoshi-abe-rerided/.136451

>abe was working on a game that got scrapped
Wouldve been nice to see his designs in a game

It's not like they're working strictly seperated. ABe will probably have a say in everything and it's not like he's only responsible for the artstyle of the shows he's worked on. They both are the main pulling factor right now.
It's kind of similar to Cop Craft. Some people watch it because of Murata and some because of Gatoh.
It's funny how Geektoys wanted a 'challenging' project to be their very first anime when they're having trouble animating fucking Hensuki despite getting help from another studio.

>Lain/Texhnolyze-only fag
Hopefully no one is THAT retarded.

Ghost Hound wasn't weird, it was shit. The first 4 episodes were great and then it all just melted away. Wasted potential: the animation

Seconded. I do feel it had top tier sound engineering/mixing/effects/whatever though

it was a mess that never concluded any of its themes and instead added more and more shit. and what the fuck was up with that transferred kid getting horny for the doctor all of a sudden? lmao

Oh definitely. Purely on a technical level it was very well made.

Texhnolyze > Renmei > Lain

why are you grading 3 completely different shows

eventhough they have different writers, the shows feel like an anthology of sorts. Dealing with diffferent forms of transition

remember to play the Lain playstation game

Well the one thing they do have in common is the absolutely fabulous OP. Normally with OPs you consider them good if:
a) Fits well with the series, or
b) A nice track in its own right

I feel the OPs of the three series are both a) and b), which is rare

I was willing to give Takuya Sato a chance since he's done good work before, but after just one episode I could tell he wasn't able to deliver with ReRided. I don't really know how much of it was his fault but it just looked too bland for a show that tried to be a bit more ambitious than usual, and Geektoys just doesn't seem ready to produce full length series yet.

Hamasaki did storyboard an episode for him though, but I only skimmed it since I just couldn't be bothered to care about ReRided at all.

Texh and lain were both Konaka/Ueda shows though, and Haibane's the only one where ABe was a screenwriter/original author. I do think there were a few ideas carried over from lain into Texhnolyze, and then into Ghost Hound via Konaka ('affordances,' 'brain homunculi' etc.,).

Attached: affordances.png (1280x720, 1.08M)

I'm not looking for the same thing, I'm looking for something that makes any attempt to more than seasonal schlock

It won't (I hope)

ABe was barely even involved with Rerided. They absolutely butchered his designs.

CHECKED

according to this interview he helped write it

I'm actually doing that now. Lain threads on Yea Forums are also surprisingly decent.

Huh, I stand corrected then.

Attached: CD554BE6-D05C-435E-B58C-9B551C7FB352.jpg (1920x1080, 243K)

I'm sad that they've even stopped including it on the recent fake charts. Yea Forums seems to be forgetting.

Attached: 1562449913474.jpg (1250x1700, 1.24M)

This is from Omnipresence, right?

Attached: 1562449977047.jpg (1250x1700, 1.32M)

Attached: 1562450041923.jpg (1250x1700, 1.3M)

The Nightmare of Fabrication is better than the anime.

Fight me.

Yeah

Hopefully before I die.

Based.

Wasn't this announced like 3-5 years ago.

I hope I don’t die before Despera comes out

More like 10