I like Rei

I like Rei

Attached: hehe.jpg (640x480, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IdwNzzJXq9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=NSvibxt5yiI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good for you anything intelligent to add?

I went into Eva 100% expecting to be a rei-fag.
Asuka showing up cemented that thought even further because of how unlikable she is.
But at no point could I muster anything even the slightest amount of giving a shit about Rei. And I really did try. So I'll just stick with best girl Misato.

Misato and Rei are good. Asuka a shit

Patrician taste, good job.

that goes to best girl hikari anyone can be a lowclass asuka or rei fag

Why are Reifags so insecure they must shit up Yea Forums with their need to tell everyone there preference.

Good for you, Freud

Attached: 1563564687841.jpg (827x1144, 224K)

misato is good. asuka is unlikable as fuck, and reifags in general need to BTFO

and hikari is a cute tomboy who makes meals for those she loves and is best waifu

Attached: rqrAg9J.jpg (640x480, 50K)

how is hikari a tomboy by even the loosest definition of the word

she is a gamer girl and can be brash but not in a bitchy asuka way

heh

Attached: 151245677745.png (1280x720, 540K)

I like Rei too, but Asuka is still the best.

Asuka > Hikari > Misato > Rei

I do too! very very very very very VERY much. I love her so fucking much that it hurts.

>Liking Rei
How disgusting

Boring taste

Rei is for ___

Eva is dogshit

cloning

I like Rei the most but her haircut is just shit.

Her haircut is cute as fuck while also being practical and easy to maintain. Very fitting for a girl like her.

She's cute and I appreciate her development but she is just really fucking boring. I like Asuka, imperfections and all.

Attached: 152874428333.jpg (1440x1080, 235K)

they're all pretty tragic characters

blending

Attached: rei12.jpg (1200x1200, 546K)

it was that schizo slideshow they did for 2 straight episodes that did you in wasn't it

cleaning my house as a maid while I waifu one of the other two better girls

Attached: 1563540156589.jpg (576x558, 52K)

not him but I wish I didn't watch these two

Saving

I had a similar trajectory and agree with Misato being top tier, except that I gradually warmed up to Asuka, especially in the reboots where she is more mature and actually seems to develop self-awareness

I.e. opinion of Asuka went from neutral -> dislike -> strongly dislike -> feel sorry for -> want to hug and tell her nothing will hurt her again

Same. I remember disliking her a lot on my first watch of the show and then every subsequent watch after that only cemented that she is top tier with Misato barely behind.

Asuka >= Misato > Rei

I don't get why people like Rei so much, she'd be the equivalent of talking to a pet rock. She has a cool arc and is super important plot wise but besides that and being cute, idk.

Me too. Rei is the best girl.

I like all girls but im gonna have to say rei is the cutest of the girls. Second only to kaworu who is the cutest in eva.

Really? I think it's the straight opposite. Asuka never said a single intelligent thing throuhgout the entire series. Every time Rei speaks it's gold.

It's clearly Rei > Misato > Asuka, the latter actually being a pet rock in NGE since she's practically NERV's doll. A lot of Asuka's "interest" falls apart once you understand her entire life is engineered by NERV so she can be used as a pilot tool.

Most people who get EVA don't really like Asuka, I think.

Well that's not abnormal, but you've been manipulated into doing so nonetheless. The remakes of Eva are more or less engineered to get you to be more interested in Asuka than Rei. Probably because Anno is an Asuka fan and didn't really like Rei being twice as a popular.

Crazy textwall Reifag woke up, time to go

Ignore him. He's either a troll or so autistic that he cant handle people preferring another character over his fictional girlfriend.

the fuck
are Asuka fans really this insecure

loving

Asuka likes Rei.

Attached: __ayanami_rei_and_souryuu_asuka_langley_neon_genesis_evangelion_drawn_by_watanabe_yasuaki__2ced70eac (549x721, 67K)

>asuka fan

It seems that asuka and her fans are living cozy inside your head.

ritsuko

Truth

More like Reifags live rent free in yours, judging by

Im not accusing everyone of being a reifag, my guy.

the way I see it
guy 1: i like this
guy 2: i like other thing
you: OMG REIFAGS

Rent free.

Oh okay. Youre a troll. Got it. Bye.

How is this a troll? Do you want me to quote the posts too? Take responsibility for your own behavior please.

Guy 1: Guy 2: You:

>asking a namefag to not be a massive retard

would rather he with her natural hair
ayyyyyy

(You)

Wall o' text reifag go away

( reifags )

>keep saying buzzword

Go back to organizing raids on r.eddit.

Also, i like how youre parroting me. They say mimicry is the highest form of flattery..

Attached: ik9b68t9kw8y.jpg (922x759, 410K)

Seriously, did a Reifag hurt you guys so much you panic every time you see someone says they like Rei more than Asuka?

i honestly really enjoyed the glimpse of a highschool comedy with the whole cast and would have been satisfied if they had ended it right there and given them a happy ending/ fresh start

nope but you're the one writing books about your waifu online so I mean if the shoe fits.

I haven't written any books and the only two lengthy posts ITT are and and the're the same length, same style, from two people who disagree! It's time to admit you have a problem. Tell us your story.

I dont care who people prefer over the other, but you flip your shit at the mere mention of asuka.
I dont have a problem with rei, i have a problem with her dumb fans who think anno is trying to ""sabotage"" her (im talking about you since youre the only guy who thinks this way)

If anno didnt like rei, he would just dispose of her completely.. he has the power, afterall. So what if he likes asuka? It doesnt mean he hates rei or her fans. Here's your last reply.

You're the only one flipping your shit ITT, namefag.

How isn't this delusional paranoia? This describes how you've behaved here.
If you really think everyone's against your or some phantom enemy you need serious help.

Holy shit my guy I agree but
>namefagging
Why

Lol

Attached: 722.png (878x720, 510K)

>says he doesn't care
>sees someone saying they like Rei over Asuka
>goes ballistic

Do you like, have no self insight?

I'm sorry if i got the wrong guy, but i thought i was talking to wall-of-text reitard.

This is the post made by the guy i (though i) was arguing with. Sorry.

If you got the "wrong guy" or not isn't the problem, it's always gonna be the wrong guy because clearly, Reifags live rent free in your head.
Maybe some times, perhaps more often than not, people like Rei more than Asuka and you have to deal with that in a way that doesn't make people think you're paranoid.

But I dont even like asuka

Then stop acting paranoid. Christ.

>If anno didnt like rei, he would just dispose of her completely.. he has the power, afterall. So what if he likes asuka? It doesnt mean he hates rei or her fans. Here's your last reply.

Really? Let's say you were Anno and you don't like Rei, so you just disposed of her at the beginning of the story. What would happen?

> She'd be the equivalent of talking to a pet rock.

I don't understand why people feel this way about Rei. Is it because this is Asuka's perception of her and they prefer Asuka so they inherit her opinion of Rei without really thinking about it?

I feel similarly to this user.
Rei is a really insightful person.

>I don't understand why people feel this way about Rei. Is it because this is Asuka's perception of her and they prefer Asuka so they inherit her opinion of Rei without really thinking about it?
Personally, I think so at least.
If people accepted Asuka for who she were, and Rei for who she were, then a lot of the basis of being an Asuka fan would evaporate. That's why so many Asuka fans adopt the ideal Asuka and the ideal Asuka's view of Rei, as in ideal Asuka's worldview Rei is no one - even though canonically the reality is the opposite.

Depends on how early she is disposed of.

I assume you meant a story without Rei, so from the start.

Both Shinji and Asuka are extremely self-aware in the original. It's a part of their problem.

Depends on your meaning with self-aware. Asuka is practically a NPC, but she obsesses about her exterior appearance as she was groomed to.
Shinji is obsessed about his own failings and self-hatred.

Well?

Asuka doesn't get a lot of screen time in the remakes. It mostly just shows her on a better path and managing to open up to Shinji somewhat, until she gets switched with Tohji.

DESU, the most important parts of her characterization are in the directors cuts of episodes 23-26. She's a hurt girl who has to deal with the memory of her biological mother hanging herself, so she has trouble opening up to people. She just wants someone to embrace her & tell he she'll be okay, and in the original series she can't find a healthy way to communicate that. Sulking only kind of works with your parents, but she doesn't have any.

The reboot shows what she *should* have done in the series. I.e. lie down next to Shinji and talk to him without pretending to be asleep.

> Even though canonically, the reality is the opposite.

I don't know about all that either though.

Asuka's a really capable pilot.

I just feel like, while Rei is out of touch with her emotions, Asuka is overwhelmed by them. And that's where they're really opposites. I wouldn't call either of them "no one" because they're fourteen and it feels unfair to expect them to be anymore than who they are. I mean, as far as fourteen year olds go, they're pretty accomplished.

True, but you don't need screentime to be popular. It's substance over quantity. If you get 10min of Asuka, and 15min each for Misato, Rei and Shinji, showing Misato being a cunt, Shinji being a pussy and Rei just being gone for those 15 minutes while Asuka is awesome action girl "on a better path" for 10, that's gonna make people like Asuka more.

Not self-aware enough to have clue about how to fix themselves.

Rei isn't just a 14 year old, she's also Lilith, the origin of the human (lilin) species, and a VIP for NERV. Asuka, not so much, being just a lilin.

There's a lot more to Rei than Asuka if you look at it that way.

That's not the same thing as not being self-aware at all. And often people just prefer not to fix anything. Look at this website.

Rei in the Rebuilds is just so much better than in NGE desu

People who are damaged can totally miss how to fix themselves and fall into unhealthy coping mechanisms that only serve to prolong their suffering. Thats honestly a big theme in NGE.

Most of Asuka's combat scenes are missing in 2.0 (which was what I referred to specifically).

The single biggest change in the reboot is that she figures out that she can open up to Shinji without expecting too much of him, which ends up being beneficial to both of them from a mental health perspective.

But overall a general trend in 1.0 and 2.0 is that *every character* is slightly more mature and capable to deal with their issues. Shinji is slightly calmer and more composed. Asuka doesn't lust after Kaji and figures out how to open up. Rei behaves slightly less like a robot and seems to actually display feelings. etc etc

... Eh. I wasn't really thinking about that.

I was thinking a little more down to earth. For better or for worse, Lilith doesn't really factor into how I perceive Rei.

Rei is basically a demi-goddess. She's best girl but it's quite unfair to compare her to a 'normal' (minus being schizo) adolescent girl.

Oh, and Kaworu goes from being worthy of my grace to being too pure for this sinful world.

That's not true though, Asuka's combat scenes are there. In fact she gets more, Asuka solo-kills an angel as her intro. Asuka always fought with others, never alone in the TV-series. She never had any combat scenes of her own.

Not really agreeing on the rest. Shinji was calm and composed at this stage in NGE, and Rei wasn't a robot in NGE either. Rei's problem wasn't emotions in NGE. The only thing that changed drastically was Asuka somehow being cured.

Then you don't perceive Rei at all.

It just feels really unfair to compare this to Asuka. And unnecessary, too.

Attached: Lilith_with_Lance.png (333x480, 148K)

It's both fair and necessary. Anything else is a lie.

I can't think of a good counterargument.

>namefag doesn't deliver
what a fag

Well you don't have to. If there's no counterargument, then just agree?

No you idiot. Rei and Asuka are just two girls on completely different ends of the spectrum. Some people prefer the quiet, obedient Rei. Some people prefer the louder fiery Asuka.

You aren't enlightened nor did all Asukafags fall for some perception. It's basically Thanatos vs Eros, and some people are more drawn to one over the other. I don't even have a side to fight for but it's so obvious that you feel threatened by another 2d character being more popular than your waifu that you rationalize it to yourself by pulling shit out of your ass.

Rei is a non-human blank slate who develops a semblance of a personality though her interacting with Shinji. Even though the death of Rei 2 was tragic, her ultimate development is positive.

Asuka is a traumatised young girl who spirals even further into despair over the course of the show.

I like both, for different reasons

The problem I think is that people greatly exaggerate Rei's nature with terms like "non-human blank slate" or "pet rock".

BROS WERE FINISHED

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-15-08-02-34-1.png (1080x1398, 226K)

That which you write is itself the romantic fantasy.

Asuka wasn't very loud when she lay lifeless in a bed during the original series. None were louder than Rei as she rose above the world.

This isn't as black as white as you put it. That Asuka is solely "loud and fiery" is a downright lie that ignores the entire character, much like Asuka being "a pet rock" also ignores Rei's. I'm with on this one.

*Rei being a pet rock

How is Rei a blank slate again? I'm pretty sure Rei already had a personality by the time she met Shinji, bitchslapping him at all.
Making Rei look worse than she is and Asuka look worse for the sake of equalizing is cancer.

>girl isn't loud when she is sleeping in bed
>Rei is 'louder' because she is a literal demi-god that can control the fate of humankind

I'm talking about outward personality that you can perceive. Rei being an important figure plot wise has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote. There is a reason Rei is always paralleled with the Moon and Asuka with the Sun. Idgaf if you like Rei or Asuka more but at least be honest.

no you don't

That picture isn't representative, she never smiles/grins/laughs in the actual show.

Before her development with Shinji her entire person is basically piloting for the sake of her bond to humanity and kinda sorta Gendo. I mean sure that is a personality but it's very one dimensional.

She apparently has no other interests, activities, goals, intrinsic wants, human desires, etc. It's not a complete 'blank slate' but it's pretty damn close to it and I feel like saying otherwise is pretty dishonest.
Wasn't the entire point of her character developing an actual identity through her interactions and bonds with others? What is there to disagree about.

Eh? Rei might be paralleled by the moon, but Asuka isn't paralleled by the sun. That is complete western fanwank off evageeks, probably coping with how Asuka isn't really symbolically meaningful in the same way Rei is.

You're not talking about either character, just about a specific romantic and quite frankly, escapist view of them. The actual characters are quite broken, not some eternal yin yang.

>Asuka wasn't very loud when she lay lifeless in a bed during the original series.
>people aren't loud when there in comas, therefore that means they aren't loud people
Jesus Christ you retard, I don't even agree with the "rei is a doll" notion but this is absolutely fucking retarded

>Before her development with Shinji her entire person is basically piloting for the sake of her bond to humanity and kinda sorta Gendo. I mean sure that is a personality but it's very one dimensional.
So is Shinij's at that point. He's as much as a blank slate as his interests and whatever aren't known. Further more not having a hobby doesn't make you a blank slate.....

It's not retarded, it's canonically true. Grow up and accept it.

"Loud and fiery" is a waifufag simplification and idealization of the character.... the actual, canonical Asuka whines and cries, has nervous breakdowns and is essentially just a tool and indeed, a doll.

Wasn't Rei studying German to make Asuka feel more welcome?

Rei exists because she is useful to Gendo and she knows it. At the start of the show her entire character revolves around this dependence on Gendo and I feel that 'blank slate' is a harsh but fair starting point.

Only through her interactions with others throughout the show (mainly Shinji) do we see her grow as a person and start asking some tough questions about herself, what she wants and her existance, culminating with the death of Rei 2 and Rei 3 telling Gendo to fuck off during EoE.

Don't take this as a negative, I quite like Rei as a character

If you really think I'm disagreeing with what her canon personality is and not the fact that you're evidence is "she was lifeless while in a coma" then you're more retarded than I thought.

She's literally introduced standing in front of the Sun and in an elavated 'superior' position to the others. The sun symbolism isn't repeated as much but still there. Even without the subtle symbolism the contrast is shoved down your throat.

You literally have to be a retard not to see that Rei and Asuka are for all intents and purposes Yin vs Yang. They are polar opposites. Stop fanwanking to defend your waifu

Dude, you just misunderstood his simple point, that the characters aren't always quiet or loud. Stop being retarded.

Holy fuck you are legitimately retarded. You think the fact that an adolescent girl that has trouble handling her mental trauma completely negates her outwardly expressed personality. Yes, her personality is a result of her circumstances, but guess what, so is literally every other human on planet earth.

I really like Rei but you are actually insufferable

In other words, it's non-repeated symbolism as opposed to Rei's continuously repeated symbolism spanning across not just episodes, but also the ending movie, the merchandise and even supplemental material.

This is really just cope from Asuka fans over at evageeks. She wasn't even introduced "behind the sun" but she had a scene where the sun obscured her person. Not even close to the same thing. It's reaching.

It's not harsh nor fair, since it's untrue. By that time Rei had been through a lot that demoralized her unto living, such as being murdered and reincarnated.
You don't know this, but it's the same for Shinji. He's just a whiny kid without any hobbies, interests or passions and Rei is the same except not whiny but icy.

The problem is that you gloss over the fact that all characters are simple upon introduction, it's the further development that fleshes them out, and changes them. I don't disagree Rei developed that way, but that's the whole point.

You're right, the fact that Asuka didn't get more time in front of the Sun is fact enough they weren't made to be polar opposites despite their actual personalities screaming it. Seek help.

urinating on me.

You're just making a big stink because you're a fanboy, what you're doing is basically arguing semantics and usage of the word. The rhetorical point i made was super-simple, yet true. If you still don't get it, then no, it's not that simple - Asuka isn't "loud and fiery" and Asuka isn't "quiet and submissive", or whatever else.

The point was both have moments that show that.

It's not his point that's the problem, it's that he cites her being in a fucking coma, where by definition one is incapable of being loud, that makes him a retard.
Instead of a number of different scenes where she's show as being quiet and subdued while actually being conscious, like the bathtub scene.
He choose the absolute worst possible example to prove his point

He never said 'aren't always'. Nobody is arguing Asuka is loud and fiery 100% of the time. Nobody is arguing Rei is quiet and reserved 100% if the time. The fact is they are those things for a large part of the show. Stop arguing semantics

You're just a mad whiteknighting waifucunt. Kill yourself. Nothing I said was wrong, you're just a madboy pining for virtual pussy.

Instrumentality

Yeah.
Asuka is trash.

I don't know what's in your head but you'd original point about the coma sounds completely fucking retarded.

>a clone of your mom

Keep projecting you useless NEET.

Except they really aren't. Asuka isn't really "loud and fiery", she's just overcompensating. It's extremely shallow and downright false to claim she is.
Likewise Rei is not quiet or submissive, she's reserved and self-reflected.
Calling them either, even as a "majority of the show", is completely false and shits on both characters.

Asuka isn't "loud and fiery", she's weak and whiny. Rei isn't "submissive and a pet rock", she's reserved and strong. Judging characters as if they were memes is retarded.

His point was fine retard. Asuka got into that coma for a reason, she broke down, after being exposed to reality. Not really loud and fiery.

>By that time Rei had been through a lot that demoralized her unto living, such as being murdered and reincarnated

Where do you get this from, other than that Rei 1 was a flippant shithead kid once to Ritsuko's Mom and Rei 2 is apparently not like that as a teen?

I made that point, and you guys are basically jerking yourselves off with pity.

Why do you think Asuka got into that hospital bed? Because she was "loud and fiery"? No, she's there exactly because she isn't. She can't handle reality and so she tries to off herself.

I despise people who flanderize these characters like you do. Asuka is as loud and fiery as Gendo is a good dad.

The series? Rei goes on about being replaceable and that she can die, even when she dies a second time she realizes she's the third. She's always, when she wakes up from unconsciousness, trying to figure out whether she's alive or she has died.

That's where I get it from.

And you attribute this to her first death, how?

>character acts a certain way because of how they were raised
>they act differently under extreme stress and trauma because they aren't stable stoic rocks
>this negates their entire outward personality

Actual retard. Being loud isn't the same thing as being mentally strong or stoic. She broke down because she wasn't mentally strong or stoic. This doesn't mean she is not outwardly loud. Stop trying to equate two terms that aren't the same.

>Rei is not quiet or submissive, she's reserved and self reflected.
Almost all of these words mean the same thing in this context.

I mean Rei's cute and all but she does nothing. Asuka has a personality, idk why people hate on her maybe cuz she's a violent tsundere but apart from that she's actually quite cool. Misato's best girl imo.

She knows it's the third time. In other words, she knows.

Steel yourself for butt blasted Reifags to call Misato used goods

In isolation, "Loud and fiery" is positive. You're focusing on one thing, and that's retarded of you and that's why you lost this debate the second you started it.

To die Rei. i want to die.

>tfw Instrumentality will never be real amd release you from the pain of individuality and existence

Attached: 8201D508-638E-4486-9B16-28882AEF2495.jpg (2597x2715, 725K)

Look, what's your point? You're literally arguing semantics.

The point the original user made was really simple. Neither or Asuka are what the user described her as. Moving the goalposts to "outwards personality" rather than the personality in total which was the topic, is just dishonest. Learn to know when you're beat and stop wasting people's time with your bullshit....

my mom unironically never loved me

Attached: 27EC23A5-A11C-4B51-84A0-DC2C5A00EA34.png (400x400, 5K)

I only like her in Mogunami body type style

Attached: reeeeeeeeeeee.jpg (640x480, 36K)

It's a fucking generalization of her personality. To most people on this board it's actually a negative because they are fat NEETS who are too scared to talk to real women that may be outgoing and stressful. You aren't even making a point

based

Personality is what you perceive their character to be. Most of the time Asuka is loud and cuntish. Apparently loud and cuntish is a synonym for being mentally strong and stoic, as his entire point was that because she broke down, she is neither of these adjectives.

I'm not arguing semantics at all and neither of you have yet to explain to me how loud/fiery = mentally stoic. Try using your head for once

The point is that Asuka isn't "fiery and loud", the coma scenes, the breakdown, all of that paint a characters that's weak and pathetic, and compensates for it by being loud and obnoxious. That's the actual character.

With Rei you've got something else. Rei consistently destroys the enemy, suffers through pain and doesn't break down; and that paints a character who is strong and stoic. Yet Rei's reservedness might make her seem passive as she only acts out when it's necessary, this being like asuka, due to her past traumas that left her stolid. That's Rei's actual character, not "quiet and submissive".

The coma scene and the lilith scenes are just two examples among many. If you're mad not everything got mentioned then you might literally be autistic.

Yui best girl

That's bullshit. Said NEETS afraid of real women fantasize about a "fiery and loud woman" and project that unto Asuka's character who is weak and pathetic, precisely because THEY can't deal with real women.
Either way, you're in the wrong. "Loud and fiery" isn't bad in any way, and doesn't describe Asuka's character unless you ignore 95% of it and focus on fanservice scenes, as otaku vermin would.

Get a life, have sex.

>Personality is what you perceive their character to be.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

No. Like your redheaded doll a Asuka waifu doesn't matter and your whiteknighting of her is pathetic.

You're literally implying that if one has a loud, extroverted personality that they must also be mentally strong and able to handle trauma, or else their extroverted personality is null and void. Loud and mentally weak are not mutually exclusive character traits.

You waifufags are braindead

Personality is a bit more than that actually.It's not who you perceive a character to be at all, otherwise there's a billion different personalities for the same person. Go read on wikipedia or something before you comment again. Plus you aren't even making any points here, the other guy already made the point that they weren't just these adjectives.

You're literally agreeing except you're mad for some reason.

The only waifufag here is you. What has been said, and what people have been trying to tell your autismal ass all the time, is that Asuka isn't "loud and fiery" as in _just_ loud and fiery. Anyone who doesn't have asbergers can tell that Asuka has fucking problems from the first episode she's in, and if not that the second because they tell it outright.

Loud and fiery does not describe Asuka, rather weak and overcompensating does. "Loud and fiery" is just waifufag fanwank, and any pretense or defense of that is just you being an assmad Asukafag.

Asuka is a total piece of shit for the entire show and I hate her. There I fucking said it

At her core she is weak and mentally broken. She is also loud and obnoxious to others. You can be both of these things, they are NOT mutually exclusive.

Go outside
I didnt get that from Asuka in her scenes that focus on her charachter never saw it as she is "weak and pathetic" She is an adolescentgirl whos beeen through a lot. Has no self worth and feels no purpose. And so what shes done is try to hide that and hide her emotional traumas. She tries to build a mask and use her piloting to give her a reason to exist and feel appreciated and wanted through the recognition of others. Same reason she wants to be affirmed by Kaji, she wants validation as mature and not traumatized or broken.
And thats an extremly fragile self image that we see come tumbling down at the end of her arc.

You miss the point.
"Loud and fiery" = positive, when the real Asuka is a loud cunt who's overcompensating for her weakness.
"Quiet and obedient" doesn't describe Rei either when she only obeys as much as everyone else, and explicitly goes against orders and speaks up against e.g Asuka.

Basically canon Asuka is garbage and canon Rei is pretty heroic, and some Asucunt is trying to play switcharoo.

Exactly. She projects an outwardly confident and assholey personality to hide how insecure she is and how little she is willing to trust others even though all she wants is to find someone to trust. She’s trapped, and if anyone doesn’t understand that go rewatch the show.

Rei for an easy life, Asuka for a live worth living

Except we get no indication that her first death changed her as a person. She was physically and psychologically dependant on Gendo as a child and physically and psychologically dependant on Gendo as a teen - and if we take her standing in school into account ('oh Ayanami is absent again lol') she has not reached out to anybody but Gendou in 14 years spread across two incarnations.

But Asuka’s a total piece of shit in the first place

Because you're a whiteknighting waifufag that should kill yourself.

Protip? Weak is synonymous with "fragile", which you used to describe. It's also pathetic to hide your own weakness using a mask of strength.

>Except we get no indication that her first death changed her as a person.
Sorry,I can't hear you over the canon saying that Rei knows she's the second and third, thus proving it had an effect on her.
Might want to consider suicide being as obstinate as you are now.

>it’s also pathetic to hide your own weakness with a mask of strength

While I can agree with this it’s not like I don’t understand why people do it. How else could she have coped with it. It’s not like any other coping mechanism the other characters used worked out better for them in the end. Just different ways of doing things.

No shit. That's the point. Just because her obnoxious traits were formed as a way to cope with stress doesn't mean that it isn't part of her personality. She developed it from her experiences and upbringing. You retards tried to make it sound like she was never this way at all.

>Rei
>born and raised at NERV
>dies and gets murdered horifically
>years later, she's still alive
>at the age of 14 she has a complex and concern about being "replaced" and this having had happened before hence she being the third

Yeah, no effect. Fuck you Rei-haters are retarded.

>you retards tried to make it sound like it was never this way at all
What? I was agreeing with you the entire time.

How about strengthening yourself?

Accept reality, like the series tells you to through Rei and Shinji? Asuka is pathetic and she's pathetic by intent. She's literally a waifu-character made for fat otaku to splurge over.

So, your evidence is meager and if provoked you resort to ad-hominems.

Yes, she knows she is Rei 2. How did this change her character - both at this time and during the 6+ years she's been around? You you have evidence that Rei 1 wasn't aware of her own mortality? As far as we know, she's always needed drugs to stop her body from collapsing.

>loud and fiery = positive

No you dumb fuck, thats completely subjrctive. Stop ignoring my question. Tell me how loud and fiery = mentally stoic. That's the basis of your argument since apparently if you are loud you also have to be a master at coping with your inner demons or the 'loud' part of your personality is void.

Because before; she hadn't died. After she had died, she has.

It's really simple, isn't it?

>its's subjective
Not an argument.
By that logic, or rather lack thereof, Asuka being "weak and pathetic" is also only bad in the subjective sense.

Fuck off dude. You lose, go home.

>accept reality
I completely agree, but none of the characters ever realized this until the end. So when people complain about Asuka coping by being an outwardly shitty person I am left wondering what they would have changed about her.
>Asuka is pathetic and she’s pathetic by intent
I agree and disagree. She’s pathetic in that she pushes away meaningful connections that would help her by being an asshole. She’s also admirable in that she continues to try to cope with her awful living situation. I hate her personality, but in terms of what she’s actually doing I kind of admire her resolve

The evidence is absolute. Because it's impossible for Rei as a child to refer to herself as "the second" or the "third", as it has only been her, the fact that she died has affected Rei because Rei does have that complex.

Rei I logically couldn't have, and as you noted, doesn't have a single scene that shows her having it.

In other words, this isn't evidence, it's asbolute proof that you are wrong.

fuck reality.

only suicide.

Attached: 5B057CC2-3542-4CA2-A665-0D84B69399BF.gif (704x480, 1.56M)

Rei always accepted reality, for instance. Shinji and Misato also do, albeit with more emotional reaction.

>She’s pathetic in that she pushes away meaningful connections that would help her by being an asshole. She’s also admirable in that she continues to try to cope with her awful living situation. I hate her personality, but in terms of what she’s actually doing I kind of admire her resolve

You're describing something pathetic. There is no resolve here, unless you mean resolutely being pathetic. You're both pathetic since you admire someone who is pathetic and find them admirable. You're aspiring for failure.

>I have no evidence but I have proof

I like Rei too but come on my dudes

Imagine missing the point of the show this hard. No character is strong or accepts reality until the very end besides the two god like entities if rei and kaworu. They all cope and crawl up until that point.
Shinji by running.
Asuka by putting on a mask.
Misato through hedonism.
Etc.

Asuka and Shinji are literally the only people to accept and embrace reality at the end. Rei is a fucking vat grown demi god, not a normal adolescent 14 year old girl with major baggage. Of course she acts differently than Asuka, she is one of the most stoic characters in the show and puts all the actual mortal humans to shame in that regard.

>Rei always accepted reality, for instance.
Yes but she didn’t try to interface with it because she avoided it talking to anyone, it’s essentially the same thing.
>Shinji and Misato also do, albeit with more emotional reaction.
Both of them also try to hide from reality in the same way Asuka does, what is your point here?
>You're describing something pathetic. There is no resolve here, unless you mean resolutely being pathetic. You're both pathetic since you admire someone who is pathetic and find them admirable. You're aspiring for failure.
Yes, I admire them for even trying. Even that is enough to give me hope in them. Giving up is the end, and that’s the one thing Shinji chose not to do in EOE. He chose to try again, even when he has no real faith in anyone else, because he learned to trust himself. People have different ways of coming to terms with depression/escapism but yes I admire anyone who is trying to escape it from my own experience. They aren’t admirable as people, but I admire their determination and resolve

>Why is this girl who lost her mother to a contact experiment later saw her mother commit suicide and her dad forgot about her while her step mother basically ignored her after being scared off a few times have deep emotion problems that shes compensated with extremly terrible and fragile coping mechanism that leave her feeling empty and suicidal when said coping mechanism inevitably fall apart.

>haha she is weak kys waifu fag
I know its really cool to act although a character should have a really cool and strong mental fortitude buts thats a) not what Anno was going for b) not realistic to actual people
She has a serious mental health issue so dunking on the fact she doesnt have a healthy way of dealing with those issues is a rather retarded. I mean considering to a large extent NGE is analysing a bunch of deeply mentally unhealthy characters in some very messed up situations youd think to empathize with the characters but I mean continue being some autist who couldnt relate to anyone but the most flawless character.

Eva can really be summed up to be something like "Don't be Asuka, be Rei".

Y'know. "Don't be" (Asuka).
Be Rei (I am).

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH MY WAIFU ASUKA IS SHIT ITS NOT FAIR
>ITS NOT THAT ASUKA IS SHIT, ITS THAT EVERYONE ELSE IS PERFECT ITS NOT FAIR

God you retards are such cunts you manage to sound exactly like Asuka. You can't deal with others superiority so you sarcastically refer to them as "perfect".

Just like Asuka did with Rei, in "wonder-girl" or in the jap, "honor student".
Fucking bitches the both of you.

>bUT NO ChaRaCTER iS STRONG beCause REASONS
>conveniently avoids mentioning Rei

Heh. This is why you're mad, isn't it? You're mad Rei is strong and your waifu isn't. Well chin up, go read some fanfics, doujins or rewatch 3.33. There you go, strong Asuka with no past problems and Rei just being plain gone.

This is the future you wanted.

The very fact that some people hate Asuka becuse she is loud and obnoxious while others love her for it proves my point you troglodyte. A lot of people can't stand others because they are so outgoing and loud, while others embrace it and like them for it. Have you seriously never heard another person say 'Oh yeah, she's kind of loud' in a negative way with their body language and tone of voice, or are you too much of a virgin sperg to actually be able to read that?

>i love rei
>whole thread gets shitted by insecure asukafags
such is the fate of best girl

Attached: ghjk.jpg (352x352, 36K)

>bUT NO ChaRaCTER iS STRONG beCause REASONS
>conveniently avoids mentioning Rei

Congratulations you fucking monkey. I literally mentioned her in the same sentence as an exception.

>No character is strong or accepts reality until the very end besides the two god like entities if rei and kaworu.
>like rei and kaworu
>rei

You Reifags are insufferable NEETS making shit up to rationalize your obsession over a fucking animated adolescent. Go outside and have sex.

You know what they about who has the loudest bark and all?

And he was only talking the specific case Asuka anyways, fuck asukafags are dumb.

just erase my individualty and existence already

Attached: B8DC9023-6A4D-4A66-9FBC-61EE284D6986.png (1772x2048, 1.97M)

Stop projecting loser. Based on how dumb you are, it's unlikely that you are very good at anything.

The entire point of the show was examining people, their traumas and the unhealthy ways they 'escaped' from this through the use of their own coping mechanisms. If the entire show was just Shinji, Asuka and Misato reading Stoic philosophy and overcoming all of their childhood trauma NGE wouldn't be NGE.

You're literally getting angry because a show about broken people and the way they cope with their past has a lot of broken people in it having trouble coping with their past. Some of you Reifags are mentally handicapped.

Lmao im not the one sperging to protect my waifu you insecure fucko. Im just pointing out the facts and background of her character that cause her to act in a certain way. Your the one sperging about how weak she is and shit because she cant just accept reality while ignore the whole background as to why she is the way she is . Its like you literally did not get NGE at all. You've clearly either never delt with mental illness or people with deep emotional trauma. But continue to defend your 14 yo waifu. Shes not gonna become real the more you defend her honor on the thai cartoon imageboard virgin. Why dont you go outside and speak to a real girl.

Oh look the cave troll is projecting again. He has nigger tier reading comprehension and also can't fess up to his own mistakes. I guess that explains why you ended up the way you are while I earn the value of your life in an hour LMAO

>projecting again
>literally 'no u'
Fuck off you stupid NPC

Cope harder you pathetic fat NEET. Imagine getting this upset over another animated 2d girl being more popular than yours

Mogudan

>literal retard who doesn't now how to read thinks anybody but him is the dumbfuck

Laughing at your life you pathetic waifufag.

THE POINT OF LIFE IS TO DIE

Holy shit what the hell is wrong with Reifags

>he wants to exist

Attached: 64515470-6795-45C3-9701-2030892D0EBD.jpg (1440x1080, 237K)

Wow I can’t wait for the revival of the Eva generals next year

Attached: B9D03B26-EE6A-485A-B42A-3D0F58942E30.jpg (4032x3024, 2.33M)

Why do Asuka incels bark so loud?

I'm a Hikarifag lmao. Just woke up and am amazed at the mental gymnastics itt

You're ignoring the other half. "Loud and fiery" is positive without any context. Which is why Asuka fans describe her as such when saying why they like her.

OG guy here, I'm not but to be honest you deserved that reply.

Me too.

Attached: 1556934641263.jpg (720x900, 197K)

Different user but it's positive to Asukafags because they like those traits, which is why they bring them up when describing why they like her. People dislike her for the same reasons.

I'm not an Asukafag. I think "loud and fiery" is positive.

Nice spergpost. Maybe one day you'll go outside.

I really like how despite everything, she tries to become human. It really resonates with me, since in our period, it's really hard to remain human.

Attached: 1562084461715.jpg (736x555, 176K)

>NPC guy is at it again

wtf is wrong with that rei on the left...

>I'm a Hikarifag lmao
Said no one ever.

Sure I do too. I don't think it's uncinditionally positive though.

I have a small peepee

Attached: 12846573.png (680x532, 195K)

She's the only nice girl in the show that actually acts like a human. Plus her husbando is best boy toji. How could you not love her?

Just ignore those people user. They are legitimately sick and sad.

Because she's not nice, she's a total cunt.
She yells at Shinji because Asuka got offended on her own for reasons he couldn't control, always is nagging Toji even though he did nothing wrong, but somehow expects him to like her back just because she likes him?
She's a two-faced bitch who wouldn't even hold Asuka when she was at her lowest.
Toji knows she's a shit that's why he never returned her feelings.

It is, which is why it's application towards Asuka doesn't fit. Hence calling Asuka "fiery and loud" is pretty much a lie.

teh rei

I'm a Hikarifag.
Not him.

Lmao, Stay mad broski. Cute couple is cute.

Attached: The Lovers.jpg (1400x2836, 1.3M)

Asuka does too

Attached: Asuka Rei.jpg (880x908, 134K)

>no argument
Figures.
Reminder that Toji didn't give a shit about Hikari in the original show and she was a two-faced bitch.
Calling her 'sweet' and 'nice' is just straight up inaccurate to how she was portrayed in the show.

Attached: file.png (350x262, 181K)

Imagine being this delusional

I don't bother arguing with autistic schizos. I just take amusement from your seething.

Attached: Asuka & Hikari line stamp 20.png (233x225, 54K)

>claims to be a Hikarifag
>doesn't even bother defending her
Pic related is apparently a sweet and nice girl, despite spending 3/4ths of the series nagging and bitching at everyone with what little screentime she had.

Toji deserves way better than this ugly cunt.

Attached: 1456355478385.gif (500x341, 999K)

It's not, it's just a delusional Asukafag who got BTFO this entire thread by Reifags.

Imagine being this delusional.

Toji cared about her feelings enough to apologize to her about something as insignificant as not eating her lunch despite having no obligation to do so considering his predicament. So to say he didn't give a shit about her is factually incorrect.

Attached: Toji hospital.png (951x719, 427K)

Soon

Attached: Based Shinji.jpg (1280x1024, 157K)

A man of high culture I see

Attached: 1532863344555.jpg (800x600, 82K)

She noticed early on that Asuka wanted Shinji to bareback her and was trying to mediate. Nothing wrong here my man

It's just nobody wants to debate autistic neanderthals like you who would kill their own mother if they could have their waifu fondle their balls for a nanosecond

That's because Toji is a straight up good guy.
Hikari was a massive bitch and did not deserve him, and it's a good thing he didn't settle that low for her.

kek, is that why she set Asuka up with some older college dude?
Even Hikari knew Asuka only wants chads and not dicklets like Shinji.

Attached: dicklet.png (1920x1080, 1.89M)

She just wanted to throw her sisters friend a bone. Baka dicklet Shinji is irreplaceable

She replaced him with Toji in EoE.
She even calls Toji, "Baka Toji".

Attached: asuka fugs toji.jpg (1920x1080, 153K)

Ywn have asuka telling you to keep jacking off over her. Shinji is a lucky faggot

Attached: a3391ec31aca3a4d7932bf2cfb0bb90f.png (1000x1148, 448K)

>That's because Toji is a straight up good guy.
That he is.
>he didn't settle that low for her.
You don't know that. In fact the scene implied they had every intention to eat together later on.

Attached: Neon.Genesis.Evangelion.full.472314.jpg (1144x1600, 838K)

You'd have to be a delusional shipper to think Asuka genuinely wanted Shinji, she was using him as a shitty replacement for Kaji.

Actually seeing the shippers on Evageeks go into a meltdown when this chapter got released was hilarious.

Attached: Asuka x Kaji.png (1452x1050, 1.43M)

Ritsuko is best girl.

Manga Asuka yeah but not nge asuka. He was more kyoko replacement than kaji tho, shinji isn't a good looking mature adult to validate her maturity facade

Are you retarded?
Did you not hear the complete scorn in Miyamura's voice for that line? She says she'd rather die than do it with him, that she wants nothing to do with him unless he's not an obedient doll to her, that his very presence is disgusting to her.

How you can misconstrue the depth in Asuka's character so she's just a shallow onahole for your self-insert is appalling when the show makes it so obvious that it's the opposite.

No matter how many times you keep pushing this fanwank it will never be real.
Asuka's attraction to Shinji was always limited to hormonal sexual tension, she couldn't accept who he genuinely was as a person and he couldn't accept who she was genuinely as a person.
They tried to use each other for shallow validation, it's an example of an unhealthy relationship, not something that should be celebrated or 'shipped'.

As a tojifag that rl sequence rubs me off incredibly the wrong way.

Cringe desu

Why?
Toji was the only dude who actually fought Asuka on her bullshit and challenged her.
He was probably the most healthy male option for her if she was going to date someone.

Plus Asuka canonically saw and blushed at his dick.

Attached: ta1452552345791.gif (500x350, 1001K)

>not something that should be celebrated or 'shipped'.
Some people like to ship unhealthy ships not everything needs to be wholesome, tumblr.

I find that spectacle when you shippers try to erase the depth in Shinji and Asuka's characters to make it happen.
You clearly don't care about their relationship if you're always trying to "fix" it in fanfics and doujins.

This is why Anno got rid of it in Rebuild, you retards never learn.

I don't ship anything I just watched the show and came to conclusions based off observations. It's obvious she wanted genuine affection from him, on top of selfish snd sexual interest, but they were both too broken and autistic to be honest with themselves and accept one another and so we get eoe

But I prefer this semen demon.

Attached: 17.jpg (600x450, 236K)

Because he's used like some man meat to make an example of how "not-right" any other guy would be for Asuka other than Shinji, and how much his relationship with her must suck in that AU considering she doesn't even love him. Also it makes him look kinda bad that he would agree to be in a loveless relationship for sex benefits only. He's better than that. He had his old fashioned values in the TV show. It looks to me like Anno just picked whichever guy for that scene without any consideration for the character.

She wanted genuine affection from anyone, the problem is no one saw the real her and would accept the real her. Especially not Shinji.

>an example of how "not-right" any other guy would be for Asuka other than Shinji
How the hell did you get that out of the EoE sequence? Shinji would be even worse for her.
It just shows what these characters would be like if they were real people, that they would go on and live their lives without Shinji.

You misunderstood. Some people prefer to write about fucked up stuff, that's celebartion in and off itself despite it being "shipping."

>2015+9 2.0
>not being into sexy blonde cougars that code in lab coats and does questionable things every evening with you

ISHYGDDT

Attached: rit022.jpg (528x297, 33K)

I guess because it's a world "without Shinji" in which Asuka is decidedly not happy. It's logical to assume that Shinji would make a difference considering he reversed Instrumentality right after.

Not in the case of Asukashippers, who would rather write her as a completely different character and ignore every single scene in the show where she genuinely shows no love for Shinji.

Attached: LASfags BTFO.jpg (1920x1080, 313K)

Yeah but she focused on Shinji. She blew off Chad at the amusement park and ignored all the guys at school lusting over her but still. Probably because he was kinda relatable and she saw a lot if herself in him idk. He was no Chad that's for sure

>not hardcore level

Attached: 410e3f67d23214492b42b0e96e62f851.jpg (1091x1000, 219K)

Well I don't really care about that. But unless you read every single Asuka/Shinji fic/dj out there, your opinion is a bit unsubstantiated.

And Asuka isn't happy in the world with Shinji, either. Especially not when he's choking her on the beach.
I think your interpretation is a huge stretch.

Because she doesn't want to pursue other guys, she just wants them to look at her. Why do you think she goes to the effort in putting on a cheery face at school with the girls/boys?
She wants everyone to look at her, this is something she's always repeating. It's a pathetic attempt in trying to forget/make up for her trauma with her mother.
Shinji resembles the parts of herself that she despises, that's why she despised Shinji.

I'm going off what I see in these threads, I don't spend my time reading fics and doujins for a crackship.
Retards like this: who ignore Asuka and Shinji's entire characters for some harem-shit interpretation of the show. You guys are pathetic.

She shows genuine care for him and disdain throughout the show. They aren't all lovey dove but they also don't just hate each other, it's a duality and good exploration of the themes and human condition.

Shippers that think they only loved each other are retarded. Same with those that think they only hated each other.

>I think your interpretation is a huge stretch.
It may be, but everything else I wrote in my initial post still stands. Just didn't like Toji being used the way he was for that bitch Asuka to rag on how unhappy he makes her. All the more that this being his only "appearance" in the movie. Instead of any kind of conclusion for Toji we get this shit.

Why isn't Shinji there?

Attached: Shinji Ikari.jpg (288x450, 31K)

I literally repeated a land she said in the show, I'm no shipperfag. She's for my self insert OC chad u big dummy

For a good bulk of the show Asuka doesn't hate him, but in this scene she genuinely hates Shinji/Misato/Rei, because she genuinely hates herself.

Attached: file.png (480x360, 120K)

Here you go.

Attached: 1530596292396.jpg (500x367, 38K)

If you cared about Asuka you'd know how much she would hate being fapped over like some doll.
The way she sees it, Shinji only cares about her body. He sees her as a meat puppet, he doesn't care about what she's going through or her struggles.
It's the biggest blow of pride to her, she's equated to a fucking doll.

Does this mean that if Shinji used her hand or kissed her a few times during it, she'd be happier?

I think she'd be happy if she was treated with respect for once in her entire life.

Yeah agreed. She was defeated and at the very bottom of her spiral downward after being failed by everybody (shinji and misato especially).
I get shipping them but it's obvious that they are going to hurt each other a lot in the process, which is kind of the point of the show I suppose. I just don't like people that completely ignore the duality of their relationship and only see in black and white.

>Asuka and Reifags fighting over Kaworu's sloppy seconds
lmao, he's gonna win again in Rebuild too anno's wife wills it

Attached: teaser_Kaworu.jpg (1071x469, 70K)

It's kinda weird she encourages it and wants him to only be hers tho. agree with you btw just seems like even in Instrumentality a part of her still wanted the dicklet despite all the shit he put her through and her general hate for everything and anyone

Even as an Asukafag part of it is her fault for acting the way she does, even if it is just her own way of coping with her past

It's not a genuine encouraging and you know it. Relisten to the line, there's obvious spite and hatred in her voice.
The "If I can't have all of you, I want nothing from you" is again trying to use Shinji as a doll. If she genuinely wanted him, she wouldn't say she wants nothing to do with him if he won't be a doll to her.

What she really wants is her mother and for someone to accept the real her. Anyone else is just used as a tool of validation for her to try and fill those holes up.
Shinji, more than anyone else, rejected who she really was. The slivers he saw of her real personality he mocked and pushed away from. When he saw she was just a scared little girl on the inside he yelled at her to go back to her tough facade. He didn't accept nor want the real her, he treated her like a bag of flesh that he could turn to when everyone else was gone.

Attached: __ayanami_rei_ikari_shinji_shikinami_asuka_langley_and_souryuu_asuka_langley_neon_genesis_evangelion (572x783, 508K)

Not that guy but stop projecting. You're giving Asukafags a bad name as if the autists earlier in this thread didn't already.

She acts the way she does because she feels like no one would accept her real self.

I know that, doesn't mean part of it isn't her own fault

Yeah, I had no problem with the first 24 episodes of NGE. It was the last two I didn't like.

But butt sex smelly.

Attached: 1518778668067.png (345x345, 157K)

>he mocked her real personality
What? The few times she opened up to him, like about her step mother, he seemed genuinely interested and compassionate about the whole ordeal. When did he mock her? Laughing when she came to check up on him in the hospital room because she was sneaking around and didn't want to show she was genuinely concerned for him?

Not even trying to be an asshole.

Don't bother. Asukafags are delusional retards who glorify Asuka. Asuka never did anything wrong, everyone was against her and sabotaging her, and everything is everyone elses fault.

Asuka is just a brainwashed puppet who can't help herself much less others. Who or what she wants isn't relevant, as she's never getting it and isn't intended to in the first place.

Attached: rei_eva_00_by_ry_spirit_d6gajam-fullview.jpg (600x849, 64K)

I'm an asukafag tho

1. When she's crying about her mother in bed, he turns away angrily and calls her a child
2. When she's showing Shinji her 'back entry' in Magma Diver, he looks annoyed and sighs at her
3. And everything after getting mindraped by Arael, he doesn't ask if she's okay he just says "I'm glad you're okay". After that he doesn't bother following her or checking up on her all the way until EoE. When everyone is gone, he turns to her as a last resort.

>like about her step mother, he seemed genuinely interested and compassionate
All he did was comment on her speaking a foreign language. He didn't say anything compassionate about her having a step-mother, all he did was apologize when she yelled at him and never brought it up again.
And that's the thing, he's gotten plenty of evidence by now that Asuka has her own baggage but he ignores it all and just tries to use her as an escape. He doesn't care about her problems, he doesn't care about who she truly is, he just cares about himself and that's why their relationship would never work.

Choose

Attached: Reisuka or Asukei.jpg (539x588, 253K)

Adulthood his realizing Misato is the perfect, mature waifu to have a cold one with after a long day of work.

1. Thoughtcrime
2. Because she's being annoying cunt, and Rei is more interesting to look at?
3. Are you for real? Shinji doesn't care about Asuka because he asked "I'm glad you're okay" instead of asking "Are you okay" ?

Asuka almost fucking died and when Shinji sees her in one piece, as opposed to Toji now being in several, of course he's gonna express happiness.

>OH NO HE DOESN'T MARRY MAI WAIFU RIGHT THERE AND THEN HE IS EVIL

What the fuck is wrong with you? Fucking egocentrial waifushit ass.

Now let's be honest: why the fuck SHOULD Shinji care? He's a saint for even going over to that cunt and trying to comfort her. Asuka didn't do anything but screw shit up, endanger everyone else and let them down. Rei arguably died because they weren't 3vs1 with Armisael, and Asuka managed to rack up a substantial civilian death count thanks to her incompetence.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 22K)

1). Yes, because she was just acting so independent and 'mature' minutes before but then shows a glimpse that this is a facade. Shinji doesn't say anything mean to her, plus him actually trying to comfort her here would be completely out of character considering he has his own issues with intimacy and people. It's just an acknowledgement that Asuka puts on a mask.
2). This is a literal gag that never ever gets talked about or developed on again. I think this is a stretch.
3). Shinji is trying his best to show actual care for her by saying that he is glad that she isn't physically hurt or dead. I agree with you on the part about not checking up on her though. He also did the same to Toji and that pissed me off.

It's not like Shinji doesn't care about her at all, it's just he also has his own major baggage that stops him from actually being able to form a better relationship with Asuka and other people in general. Hell, Asuka does the same thing, always hiding her true intentions of her advances on Shinji behind plausible deniability and acting loud and abrasive in an attempt to repress what she wants inwardly. Both are at fault.
I like Asuka too put you seem to think she can do no wrong and everything is other people's fault.

Pen Pen

Attached: pen pen.gif (500x281, 666K)

>I like Asuka too put you seem to think she can do no wrong and everything is other people's fault.
Is it any wonder that Asukafags act like Asuka?

>Shinji doesn't say anything mean to her
He calls her a child. You should know how big of a blow that would be to Asuka, that's the one thing she doesn't want to be called.

Of course he cares on some level, just like he does for Rei and Misato and his friends.
I'm saying he wasn't genuinely interested in helping or accepting her, he is the furthest from what she needs and thankfully the show validated this by not only not pairing them up together but calling out exactly why their relationship would not work in EoE.

I like Kaworu.

Shinji has his own deep traumas with intimacy and people in general. The fact he is so passive and oblivious is not out of malice it’s out of his own deep issues.

Fuck off Shinji, you didn't hold Asuka and I hate you for that.

Attached: 1552705873470.jpg (1200x852, 510K)

My girl straight cheesin

Attached: ManaCard.jpg (640x737, 93K)

Reifags should storm Anno's house and demand the release of the political prisoner Rei Ayanami.

Why would he hold trash?

He had a nice rest in Rei's lap though.

>He calls her a child. You should know how big of a blow that would be to Asuka, that's the one thing she doesn't want to be called.

So the problem is Asuka, then? Because she can't stand being called what she is? Go fuck yourself.

Attached: 73960079_p0.jpg (1182x1536, 431K)

They were both at fault. Shinji was too much of a coward to act on his feelings for Asuka, but Asuka also acted like a fucking dumbass for expecting a clinically depressed and socially inept child to not only pick up on the fact that she likes him, but also to make a move on her while she constantly undermines him.

Shinji did nothing wrong, except saying "no" to Asuka. Unfortunately he's too passive.

Shinji only saw her as a meat puppet, that's why he only took the 'initiative' when she was sleeping. He stops immediately when he realizes she's a person and not a doll.

Asuka on the other hand didn't like him, she wanted to use him for validation.

Both were at fault for only trying to use the other for selfish means, and that's why the relationship is presented in a negative manner.

>saying "no" to Asuka
When did he do that?

Shinji could stop being a retard but that’s change his character so it makes sense.

It’s takes the both of them until 3I to figure out there issues and attempt to change

Dude, he mumbles it to himself with the fucking covers over his mouth. She was asleep and didn't hear him. What the fuck are you on about, this is the biggest stretch I've ever seen.

EoE literally gives more hope to them because it shows that both of them have denied Instrumentality to find happiness in reality. Asuka learns to stop pushing away others and accept them while also being honest with herself. Shinji learns to face rejection head-on instead of running away from it. They both are still absolutely fucked up individuals but they chose reality despite the pain they acknowledged they will have to suffer through to find that happiness.

There's a reason the last title card is 'One more Final: I need you.' They literally need each other in EoE since two people are required to form bonds and learn who you are and where you stand as an individual. After their realizations in 3I they now are on the road to recovery, even if their are hitches along the path, and are going to have to rely on each other to get there. This isn't even from a shipping faggotry point of view.

The only one who changed was Asuka.
All Shinji did was choke her and then cry on her like a bitch.

I think it's her smugness.
She is the smuggest.

Attached: sample_c7a26174e0c4cc9b1476831684ff2b45.jpg (850x1200, 123K)

He didn't, that's what he did wrong.

Shinji isn't retarded, Asuka is.

Holy shit Rei is so good.

Attached: D3HW99YV4AAGL0U.jpg_large.jpg (519x292, 20K)

I prefer mommy.

Attached: Kyoko.jpg (1024x1449, 464K)

He rejected Instrumentality, so he obviously did change.

Based and Tabrispilled

Attached: 1561679852291.jpg (225x350, 34K)

>She was asleep and didn't hear him
I'm not saying she heard him, I'm saying he is belittling her by calling her a child just because she wants her mom. He's mocking her for having feelings and trauma.
He just saw her cry and he didn't care, he saw the evidence that she has baggage and he doesn't care. He doesn't care about her at all.

>Shinji learns to face rejection head-on instead of running away from it.
What a stretch. He fucking chokes Asuka, how is that 'facing rejection'? The only one who changed was Asuka, and she still rightfully finds him disgusting.

>Gendo's sidedish cumdump sloppy seconds

We see that he doesn't because he went straight back to choking Asuka.
He's learned nothing, the only one who changed was Asuka.
Hopefully she murders his faggot ass after the credits roll.

>when the whole universe reboots and you win AGAIN

Attached: bDntvol5_400x400.png (400x400, 212K)

Where did the name "Ayanami" come from anyway?

Attached: Yui_Ikari.png (140x439, 69K)

Why do stupid faggots say he rejected instrumentality? Maybe the Lillith egg rejected HIM because he was that much of a faggot.

In NGE, nowhere. It was Rei's original name.

In the Rebuilds Anno rewrote Yui so she was named Ayanami instead of Ikari, since Anno is desperately trying to ruin Rei's character.

Attached: anno1.png (1000x709, 558K)

>He doesn't understand the meaning behind the choking
Sorry user, only grown-ups should talk about these subjects.

Best girl

Attached: Yui.jpg (1024x1449, 441K)

But she was created in a lab. She doesn't have parents to inherit a surname from.

Fuck off with your fanwank, Shinji choked Asuka in the middle of the movie and then goes back to choking her at the end.

Gendo had good taste clearly.

Attached: sample_ae1f3f7506ff9f89a65f24a7c21f0d35.jpg (850x592, 210K)

>He also did the same to Toji and that pissed me off.
It's because Shinji’s entire character revolves around running away from all of his problems. He’s more concerned with wallowing in self-pity than he is concerned about his best friend. This behaviour seems to be a big constant in Shinji’s life: he sees people in pain, or even causes it himself, but all he does is run away from them, or worse, begs for them to solve his problems, while ignoring all of theirs. He never tries to help them, or to make sure that they’re alright, he just runs away, and which only brings more pain to everyone in the end. He is his own biggest problem.
And the worst part is that Toji doesn’t even blame Shinji. He understands what he goes through, and would forgive him for what happened in a heartbeat. But Shinji doesn’t really understand him or even try to understand him. As Rei put it in End of Evangelion, “You never understood anything” and “You misunderstood from the very beginning. You just believed what you wanted to believe”. He doesn’t understand his father or Misato or Asuka or Toji or even Kaworu. He never understood, and all that happened was that it brought more pain to him and everyone around him.

hmmm
A challenger approaches?

Attached: 1507858843330.png (230x230, 88K)

>keeps winning the worst boy
GONGRATULATION maybe that's why kaworu keeps killing himself right after every time

Oyakodon with Naoko

Gendo was an absolute chad, nailed both mother and daughter.

>Shinji
>Worst boy
Absolutely horrendous taste.

Attached: 1528349478960.png (1440x1080, 3.2M)

Attached: 1563196238245.png (368x319, 126K)

>his best friend
Toji and Kensuke are best friends, Shinji was the third wheel.

Attached: gTEwlEC.jpg (1920x1080, 158K)

It's not a matter of taste it's a matter of objective and unambiguous facts.

Kaworu won the Shinjibowl but he didn't even want it.
He'd rather kill himself than be with Shinji.

Attached: 607673.png (500x1076, 745K)

His as in Shinji's. Shinji may not be Toji's best friend (debatable), but Toji sure is the best friend Shinji has ever had. With Kensuke close second.

I agree.

Attached: 1372953979523.jpg (700x800, 148K)

Yes, he doesn't get Asuka. She makes it hard for him to understand her by nature of how she acts. She puts on this macho front and then cries when she's lonely and doesn't have her baka shinji to comfort her. She didn't exactly treat Shinji that well neither. He's not mocking her, he's mocking the irony in the facade she displays outwardly that makes fun of Shinji and how she was acting at that moment.
Plus this is Shinji we are talking about. His entire character is defined by taking only the most non-commited responses to social relationships out of his own baggage and fear of rejection. Did Asuka ever try to understand Shinji? No, she just called him names and hid her attraction towards him behind layers of deniable attempts to get him to make a move.

>What a stretch. He fucking chokes Asuka, how is that 'facing rejection'?
It seems you think the characters are supposed to be 100% changed after Instrumentality when the opposite is true. It is supposed to show they are now on the road to recovery but still have many many trials and tribulations to face on the road ahead. Choosing reality is all about accepting and living with the pain that it brings with it. If they just magically were fixed after Instrumentality and formed a perfect relationship it would defeat the message of the show. The two of them rejecting Instrumentality and doing a complete 180 on their old coping mechanisms on the beach is evidence enough that they started walking the path. I do agree that Shinji was the most meek in this situation however.

He was more concerned with his duties as a Seed of Life than wiping Shinji's ass.

Toji and Kensuke were probably the first friends he's ever had, but he probably saw Kaworu as his best friend.

I thought Kaworu was Shinji's best friend? They even said they love each other.

Asuka stroking his face is evidence of change.
Shinji continuing to choke Asuka is not evidence of change.

We see Asuka developed, we see Shinji didn't.

Kaworu was Shinji's one night stand. Hardly a friend.

They barely had time to explore their relationship. And love isn't necessarily the same as friendship.

Attached: evangelion polygamy 2.jpg (450x634, 145K)

>The Beast That Shouted "I" at the Heart of the World
>Take Care of Yourself
I can't decide which one's better.

I want to fugg an angel grill (male).

Attached: 1563386591372.jpg (500x667, 115K)

Yeah he opens up to Kaworu more than he's ever done with anyone.

Yeah it's fucked up, but Shinji is fucked up enough to consider Kaworu his best friend in the 2 days he knew him.
I wish we got a scene with them all hanging out together, Toji and Kaworu get along well in the drama CD and other spin offs.

Attached: 21067.jpg (852x634, 144K)

>all the girls in the show are insane cunts
>all the boys are chill and likable bros
What did anno mean by this

Attached: Brokeback Mountain.jpg (700x495, 85K)

>consider Kaworu his best friend
Shinji had romantic/sexual interest in Kaworu, not as a friend. It's a separate category nips sometimes like to call "more than friends, less than lovers."

You can have a crush on a friend dude, it's not mutually exclusive.

>all the boys are chill and likable bros
Except Shinji.

Yui is easily the worst girl- nay, worst human being in the entire show.

If you have a crush on your friend then that already means you would like to pursue a different type of relationship. And oftentimes friendzone marks the end of friendship.

As a Tojifag/Kaworufag I really appreciate their thot patrol dynamic they have together

Attached: Asuka gets bullied.jpg (444x3222, 1.29M)

>Yeah he opens up to Kaworu more than he's ever done with anyone.
Only Kowaru mindfucked him.

Attached: 485b6e3d6c557b85ecc1da9e82f5bb93.jpg (406x722, 195K)

Only Kowaru is YOOOOOO though. The others are bros.

Why doesn't Shinji fuck everyone?

Attached: Consider the OHOHOHO.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

I LOVE Rei.

Attached: 1475390874315.png (640x480, 178K)

Rejecting Instrumentality itself is a HUMONGOUS sign of change. Also, Shinji actively initiating rejection in the form of choking Asuka is the complete opposite of his old ways in which he would instead meekly run and hide from it. At least now he has the balls to reach out and fight it head on, even if the context in which he was doing it was deplorable.

It's less about him changing his ways rather than him making the realization that he can find happiness in the real world, and he is going to be hurt and hurt other people in the process of walking that road. Most of the ending scene is just framed to show the duality of that message. Pain in the form of Shinji choking Asuka, and hope and happiness in the form of Asuka caressing Shinji with acceptance.

Not necessarily.
Having feelings for your friend doesn't change the fact that you're friends.

Their dynamic is the same in Q, and Kaworu outright says they're friends there. Yes, Shinji finds him sexually attractive but that doesn't negate their friendship.

Because he likes annoying them.
Why wouldn't he be tired of this shit?

Attached: 1562491688540.jpg (500x294, 25K)

He does. Instrumentality is secretly a plan to make Shinji have sex with the whole of humanity until the end of time.
Yui was one crazy bitch.

Instrumentality is a lie.
Was there ever a singularity to begin with?

Attached: End of Evangelion - End Harder.jpg (1200x700, 242K)

>The Final Messenger
vs
>The Beginning and the End, or "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"
English titles are better more often than not.

>Shinji actively initiating rejection in the form of choking Asuka is the complete opposite of his old ways
But he chokes her in the first half of the movie.
And he's rejected people before like with Misato, too.

He's not doing anything different, that last scene only shows that Asuka has changed. Not Shinji.
Trying to kill Asuka there only shows he hasn't learned much at all.

Wish there was one called
>Break Stuff

Because Anno is going to kill Shinji off in final and make Kaworu/Asuka the MCs.

Attached: Kaworu's harem.jpg (850x798, 158K)

Good.

Attached: 1533048718355.jpg (498x375, 47K)

Sorry but I don't consider it a friendship if you secretly want to bang your friends. In that case you are there for the eventual benefits.

Based

>Sorry but I don't consider it a friendship if you secretly want to bang your friends.
That's not what they told told me.

Attached: 1562943339875.png (400x419, 46K)

Who's going to win in the end?

Wow you are so deep, it makes me want to cut my dong off

He chokes her a weird dream-world where we don't even know if the Asuka present was the '''real''' her or just a projection of her in his mind. And right after that he decides to end the world because of his fear of rejection and abandonment. After going through the process, he realizes that he wants to be able to live in a world where people are free to reject or accept one another at their own will. By doing this, he admits he ran away into Instrumentality because he was deathly afraid of rejection, and has now faced that fear head on returning to the real world. This in itself is evidence enough of his change and honestly I probably don't need to expand anymore.

The 'canon' reason he choked her is because he wanted to confirm rejection and pain exist again, as stated by the cards, and it also makes a lot of sense in context of the film. If his choking was a sign that rejection and pain still exist, Asuka's caress was a counter argument showing that despite all of that, the hope for love and acceptance also still exists. Shinji has learned to stop fearing rejection from other people while Asuka has learned to stop bottling up her feelings and rejecting other people. It's a purposeful duality to show the very bad, and then in turn the very sweet and good, experiences that come with making the decision Shinji does.

They lied to you then.
>Toji + Kensuke + Shinji = pure genuine friendship
>Shinji + Kaworu = relationship tainted with lust

Or maybe Shinji just does things and doesn't really care.
Why the fuck would he care about rejection after everything rejects him. Just fuck her in the asspussy.

Attached: 1550745399523.jpg (600x677, 47K)

Greatest reaction image ever?

Attached: Is this wise.gif (500x281, 177K)

By Kowaru is a girl.

Attached: 6bdaf3495211231de9fa8eff07b4947a.jpg (701x800, 173K)

>By

Attached: 4bea62835c4c301573b33677062a41f3f2b11b4e6edbc57505cb898e3a6bf181.jpg (299x298, 29K)

ok

Attached: 1565008913669.jpg (562x393, 69K)

>girl
woops, girl (male)
I need slep.

Attached: d64a45c6055d1bcf651ffd7421cf3016.jpg (700x819, 141K)

>the 'canon' reason he choked her is because he wanted to confirm rejection and pain exist again, as stated by the cards
big yikes.

Attached: 46u3.jpg (1280x960, 256K)

The show itself is very big yikes. What do you expect from a misogynist otaku.

Not necessarily because Shinji also wanted Kaworu's friendship. He wasn't solely looking at him for lust-related reasons like how Asuka accused him of doing to her in EoE.

Toji and Kensuke are friends with Shinji, no one ever denied that.
But the reason why Kaworu is probably Shinji's best friend is because Shinji was able to open up to him and feel comfortable around him like with no other.

>The 'canon' reason he choked her is because he wanted to confirm rejection and pain exist again, as stated by the cards
I don't know how high of importance you should put on the text of some cards from a card game.

>Anno
>misogynist otaku
But he isn't, he's probably more on the feminist side. I just don't think you should be using bandai cards to support your argument for an intentionally ambiguous scene.

Attached: 9267.jpg (1280x960, 275K)

Nice argument

He's at most one of those wannabe woke fake feminists who in reality don't have a clue. He told Ogata to choke out Asuka's seiyuu for artsy fartsy bullshit reasons and nearly ruined her life.

Either way it's a solid interpretation of a very symbolic and ambiguous scene where the actual why of the choking isn't really that important vs the meaning behind it.

Shinji choking is a showing of rejection and pain while Asuka's caress is a counter argument showing there is still hope for love and acceptance in reality in spite of that pain. It wraps up the themes and message of the show in a nice little box.

It's called method acting, it's not out of the ordinary and it didn't ruin her life you drama queen.

Sure, but it also shows that Shinji didn't learn a damn thing since he was actively trying to kill her.

Daily reminder that nobody in NGE wins the Shinjibowl, but in the rebuilds best girl Rei wins it.

:'^)

Attached: f69d74ef3e531b213786fc212df204c5.png (1166x1975, 1.58M)

Rejecting instrumentality was that change my friend.

The kind of method acting Tarantino likes to apply to his actresses that tends to send them straight to the hospital.

me too

ITT: The Reifags strike back.

I haven't seen Reifags on the offensive like this against Asukafags in a long, long time.

Gendo

Why do modern artists suck so bad at drawing Toji?

Attached: 1467727611380.png (704x480, 602K)

Hence "Ayanami" truly was Rei's own, personal name.

A lot of "anti asuka" comments are pretty much people telling it like it is.

It comes from a warship.

Attached: Ayanami_II.jpg (3072x1300, 404K)

“No”

Toji should have honestly died in the original series when Shinji was forced to kill him. Would have had a lot more massive emotional impact, because while I was totally horrified when Shinji was killing him, I absolutely rolled my eyes when Toji miraculously turned out to have survived a berserk 1,000lb+ giant robot beating the shit out of him.

Kaworu won the Shinjibowl, but suicidal tendencies won the Kaworubowl.

Attached: wzffJRh.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

Yeah it is. Point out some examples then.

It literally isn't, though.
Ogata didn't even really 'choke' her.

Literally none of the critiques stuck. Most boiled down to deeply traumatized girl didn’t act how my head cannon wanted and she is therefore shit/weak/pathetic

It works better for the character of Shinji not to kill him there. We also wouldn't have gotten the hospital scene.

What do you mean? The critiques aren't not only valid, they describe the actual character.

What the fuck are you on about? Asuka is a puppet doll groomed to pilot EVA, she's a traumatized girl and she's obviously gonna fail and be pathetic.

How is this wrong in any way?

Pointing out that a character has certain flaws does not count as making a good argument as to why a character is shit(anti-asuka). Asuka isn’t supposed to be some flawless hero character so pointing out those flaws is being an autistic moron who thinks if a character isn’t the perfect hero they are bad.

Pointing out she has issues and then totally missing the point or reason she has those issues is stupid

I think you're tripping. So you agree Asuka is a shitty person, yeah? I don't think anyone here disagrees. I don't think people are saying it makes her a "bad character" either, it just means Asuka is garbage as a person. Which is true, she's supposed to be.

>Toji should have honestly died in the original series when Shinji was forced to kill him.
No you moron he absolutely shouldn't. Toji dying is pure gratuitous torture porn that adds nothing to Shinji's character arc other than a bit of sadness. Shinji would still have to get over Toji dying in the same fucking episode which would come off incredibly cheap and wrong, when he was rendered comatose after Rei or Kaworu's death. Your short sighted desire for "realistic" payoff would throw off the entire show thematically. Shinji's character can't be about running away from Toji if Toji is fucking dead.

Rei is best desu-nya~

Attached: 1563344860334.jpg (640x360, 60K)

> Shinji's character can't be about running away from the memories of a dead person
> Shinji is haunted by the death of his mother and later Kawarou

Why are you so dumb and gay?

Yeah she did shitty things and can act like a shit person but that ignores the reasons why she acts the way she does. If you examine why she acts like this you can have some kind of sympathy for why she acts out and does the things she does.

smiling

Letting me sniff her feet

No it doesn't. Every cunt and asshole on the face of the earth has a reason or excuse to do what they do. Doesn't make them any less of a scumbag.

Asuka did shitty things because she's a shitty person.

>memories of a dead person
Lmao, what bullshit is this? You don't make a good argument whatsoever. It's about refusing to see Toji and make amends or see how he's doing. Shini's choice is more conscious and pronounced if Toji is still out there and what's more, we get to see that he doesn't blame Shinji at all thus Shinji's problems are projected by him alone. Death completely disrupts all of that.

You’ve clearly never interacted with people with severe mental illness

I have, chatting with one right now in fact.

Yeah no, dude. I'm not reading your shit ranting. Go outside or have sex

Are you retarded? Take off the waifufag asukafag goggles you fat cunt.
Everyone has negative impulses. Opportunities to act like an asshole or a bitch. Not acting on them is what makes you good.
Just because you have a sad sob story doesn't make you any less responsible for your actions. Everyone had a tough fucking time in EVA. Everyone of them lost their parents, some live in a nightmarish psychological horror but somehow still manage to not be complete worthless pieces of shit like Asuka.

Take Rei. Lives in a dump, emotionally abused, treated as discardable, still she manages to retain sight of herself. It'd be pretty easy for Rei to destroy Asuka completely if she wanted to feel good about herself. Rei's shitty past doesn't give her carte blanche to treat everyone else like garbage.

So Asuka has a mental illness and can't be held responsible ? Pleading insanity are we?

Well fine. Have your pick; either Asuka is a worthless cunt, or she's the equivalent of a realdoll.

based

Kek. Retard confirmed. Go watch some Transformers.

Lol retard

I really like Misato, you could probably say I love her but dont tell anyone.

Attached: 05.jpg (1280x1829, 466K)

Imagine being this upset over a fictional character. I can't even begin to comprehend how mentally unstable of a person you are in reality. Seek help.

It's really so comforting to see how retarded are the people who hold that opinion about ep 18. Thanks for letting experience this.

Attached: 1562366010089.png (1024x768, 559K)

Sounds like you're just mad and projecting.

Asuka is supposed to be a shitty person. She was written this way intentionally to show what rejecting reality for fantasy does to you.

Wake the fuck up.

Cope harder, Tojitard.

>buzzword reply
As expected from a mental midget. I have nothing to cope about brainlet.

SEETHING

I'm saying that him rejecting instrumentality and everything he learned in there is negated because he shows no change in choking Asuka.

Asukafags are naturally dense.

The entire cast is full of broken, traumatized people who can't communicate with each other and always hurt others because of their trauma. They aren't great people but they are sympathetic if you're not a sperg.

You're forgetting a more practical reason for Shinji choking Asuka: Because he was absolutely mindbroken and no longer sure of reality, Shinji could have flipped out (again) and choked Asuka (again) to ascertain whether she was real or an illusion.

I never said she isn’t responsible but I don’t think I’d consider her a shitty person. That takes malice, her awful behavior is an unhealthy defense mechanism that nobody has shown her a way to overcome. She can’t see a better way to deal with her fears and trauma. Dunking on her because she is blind to it is really dumb. Sure you can see how she is messed up but when you are in the middle of it and all your trying to do is keep yourself from offing yourself it can be very hard to see a healthy way to cope

pffft hahaha
Keep trying kiddo.

Attached: 1563931040768.jpg (1440x1080, 248K)

There are better ways to do that then choking.
I bet if Misato or Toji came out of the LCL Shinji wouldn't be choking them.

No one's talking about sympathetic though, they're just giving Asukafags shit for whiteknighting a cunt.

Which one is more intelligent?
Rei is seen reading books in different languages, but Asuka graduated college at 13 years old.

Attached: Rei-Asuka (1).jpg (604x768, 56K)

Keep being a retard, sperg

Nothing is making her do it except her own malicious impulses. There's a bunch of ways to cope, and if acting like a cunt is the first thing Asuka thinks of, that just shows that she's a shitty person.

There's no excuse you can make here. Being treated poorly or the same as everyone else does not give you the right or an excuse to attack others.

You have to be a sperg if you genuinely think Asuka's behavior is OK. This isn't about sympathy or empathy, it's about what you choose to do. Asuka is written as a character who is a cunt to cope. Okay, but that makes her a shitty person. Sorry. That's just how it is and it's irrefutable.

Posting two characters you probably hate smiling because you're just that petty.

Attached: 73888275_p0.jpg (1300x1200, 786K)

If the only thing anybody got out of her character is that she's a cunt Eva is unironucally too deep for them despite being a middle school age show

We don't know what college Asuka graduated, or even if it's true that she did it since the only source we have Asuka herself, and she's a notorious liar.
Similarly reading books doesn't make you smart by itself, even if Rei seems to read some particularly difficult material.

The only way to determine intelligence is by seeing how they behave. That makes the conclusion simple, since Asuka acts retarded and Rei consistently acts intelligently. Rei can philosophize, while the best Asuka can do is utter a catchphrase.
In terms of decisionmaking too, Rei is miles ahead of Asuka.

I give this to Rei, easily.

Attached: 73953505_p0.png (1932x2659, 1.01M)

That's just it- because Asuka was the first person to randomly appear on the beach, we have 0 clue outside of guesses as to how Shinji would have reacted to anyone else showing up in the beach first.

Would Gendo have gotten strangled? Probably.

Rei? Most likely maybe not?

Misato? Obviously not.

Etc.

>strawman
No one implied that was the only thing about her. Asuka IS a cunt though, and you need to admit that to yourself, you retarded waifu escapist shitter.

youtu.be/IdwNzzJXq9Q look

He saw Rei and all he did was stare at her.
But when he saw Asuka his first reaction was to try to murder her via choking.

>every person that disagrees with me is a waifufag who hates Rei

Get the dick out of your ass

No shit I don't disagree. I'm not some waifufag boogeyman neither you fat fucking troglodyte, get a grip on reality

Where have you been the past several months?

>being mad

Nice projection

> When he saw Rei all he did was stare at her.

I think you mean *scream in abject horror. In fact, how do we even know the "Giant Naked Rei" was even the actual Rei and not a manifestation of Lilth?

Rei is Lilith, so it's the same person.

Also, the reason Shinji screams is because he feels he's losing Rei too. Prior to that, she was, clone or not, still Rei. But now, all his memories with her are flashing by, being "torn up".
It's all scenes from Shinji's perspective, memories he made with her.

That's part of what drives him further off the edge.

Attached: [NAOKI-Raws] 新世紀エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 -The End of Evangelion- 第26話 まごこ� (1920x1080, 2.23M)

Attached: [NAOKI-Raws] 新世紀エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 -The End of Evangelion- 第26話 まごこ� (1920x1080, 2.24M)

If you tiny mind could understand that she didn’t rationally come to the way she copes. The “malicious” impulse isn’t malicious is defensive it’s a way of protecting herself from the world. It’s not a positive way to protect herself but it’s a way. Human being aren’t always the best at picking a way to cope. It just so happened she found a way to make herself seem a little better a little more safe in the world that had done nothing but kick her. So yeah she latched to something that made life bearable for her.

And I don’t hate rei or shinji you insecure retard

Haha this can't happen again in the rebuilds, right bros? Shinji won't lose the Rei he knew for a second time, right bros?

Bros?

Bros....?

He didn't lose Rei, Rei is right there in front of him after all.

The Rebuilds can't be considered when you're looking at the characters, because they're rewritten far too much and have diverged too much. In Rei's case particular, her entire base existence has been rewritten - in a bad way. Anno just doesn't like Rei it seems.

Attached: [NAOKI-Raws] 新世紀エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 -The End of Evangelion- 第26話 まごこ� (1920x1080, 2.44M)

She copes by being malicious. You're not getting anywhere with this, Asuka is guilty as charged.

Just admit you don't like Asuka and that you like your own headcanon Asuka.

So let me get this straight. If someone kills my brother, it's fine for me to just kill someone elses brother because it's "the only way I could cope" ? Regardless of what you say, if I did that, I'd be a truly malicious person. So is Asuka for ruining everyone elses time to make herself feed better.

Asuka is just shit, dude. There's better people than her in EVA, and you latching onto this failure of an escapist waifu is just downright sick.

No I do like her with her flaws and all you sped. She’s an interesting character that I can see people I know in.
The fact you can’t seem to actually understand her character says more about you than me

Dude I don’t have waifus I’m not some lonely weeb like you

Tell your brother I want to fuck him in his tight boipussy.

I understand Asuka's character, you're whiteknighting it.

You don't want to accept that she's a shitty person, yet you go around saying you accept her "flaws", which is just white-knight bullshit.
Asuka is a cunt, say it.

best post

Attached: 1552612628377.jpg (1200x1524, 235K)

>t. waifufag

Everyone understands Asuka is a weak cunt dude. You don't have to get mad about it.

Nah that's just typical Asukafag bullshit.

You always go
>I like Asuka for her flaws
but then you go ballistic once people mention said flaws, like Asuka wanting to get fucked by Kaji for attention.

So yeah, OLD MEN + ASUKA = true

IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE

>477 posts
>82 posters
fucking autistic niggers all of you

Me too.

Attached: 042_x.jpg (1133x1606, 249K)

Thanks for the new steam profile pic

bros hey bros
bros aaaa bros

Attached: 1565051179692.png (500x512, 376K)

:^)

Kaworu.

Rei is for Kaworu.

Attached: 040015d72adc34c6902a3321fdcdfbbf.jpg (550x673, 112K)

That's impossible because Kaworu belongs to his waifu Asuka

Attached: LAK_03846.jpg (300x550, 104K)

Did you expect anything different from a blatant waifufag thread?

Why is Kaworu offended at being called gay?

>sisterzoned by Shinji
>sisterzoned again by Kaworu
>both times Asuka was at fault
Does our girl ever win?

Attached: 72b5232f7f534b9f83b8fd1f04f837a8.jpg (640x640, 124K)

I just realized Rei is technically both Shinji's sister AND Kaworu's sister, holy shit.

You could say she's either Shinji's mother or his sister, but a completely different being from Kaworu.

Reminder that Shinji dicking everyone will also help everyone's mental issues.

Attached: shinji pisses himself.gif (268x201, 1.46M)

Kaworu and Rei were both created by the FAR. Since they have the same parents, they're technically brother and sister.

He doesn't need to include everyone, but Asuka and Rei would be a very good start.

Attached: 1562955987103.jpg (845x639, 107K)

I hate how messed up their proportions are in that shot

Manlet

DENIED

Attached: 99C18BDD-E7D9-414A-B88C-CCAFACA5926C.jpg (374x600, 36K)

bump

Its so sad Asuka lost to Shinji

Attached: images.jpg (189x266, 9K)

Rei has been my only waifu since 2007.

I torrented this shit just to see what was the hubbub about it for like 29 years.

Episode 25 & 26 are so confusing I'm glad shitnax rectified it in EoE and tbqh Rebuild series is irrelevant until 3.0

What's the point in torrenting old anime when they're all streamable with 5 seconds of googling

Archival purposes and better quality.

Attached: KodomonoEva_ver2.ram_snapshot_00.43_[2019.08.06_02.19.37].png (308x224, 150K)

Eat your heart out.

Attached: 14c3c0ac.jpg (599x336, 29K)

Kaworu, Toji, Kaji and Gendo are the only straight men in the show. Even the seele illuminati conspirators give queer vibes.

Shinji was blushing lustfully at Kaworu from the very first gaze, he never wanted to be friends from the get go.
>Shinji was able to open up to him and feel comfortable around him like with no other.
That's because Kaworu is an angel, people naturally drop their AT fields for him, not because he was Shinji's super great friend.
Toji and Kensuke are Shinji's best friends period. Kaworu is a different kind of animal altogether.

Attached: genuine feelings.png (1280x720, 1.26M)

Why are kaworufags so fucking greedy? Can't you be satisfied that he stole Shinji from the waifus? Must you still insist that he replaced Toji and Kensuke as his best friend too? Goddamn back off you deranged fujoshits.

I like her, too, but no single version of her can go five minutes without going on a fucking suicide bombing attack, so she never gets a chance to fully develop and connect with other characters.

youtube.com/watch?v=NSvibxt5yiI

When knowing is enough
that feeling is of trust
through unity of mind and spirit
we can find a higher place
that will transcend mere mortal friends
and be the strength that binds us

and to a place divine
through kindred spirits find
of sheer contentment inner sanctum
through which to convey your peace
a soul that searches through endeavour
will find restful gaze upon it.

And in this peace we find as one
we vanquish thoughts of solitude

In this state we stay together

Attached: 70870930_p10.jpg (657x566, 48K)

You can wax kawoshit poetry all day long. kaworu will simply never replace Shinji's first genuine friends because it would take away all the tragedy of him loosing them. Also this is rebuild, shit pandering territory so who cares.

>That's because Kaworu is an angel, people naturally drop their AT fields for him
Nice fanwank but nowhere is that confirmed in the show. Shinji opens up to Kaworu and no one else because Kaworu is literally an idealized version of himself. He's not an 'other' like Toji/Kensuke/Asuka/Misato, he's literally another Shinji - this is confirmed by Anno himself.
See Carl Roger's psychological theory on self actualization.

Who said anything about replacing?
Toji and Kensuke are Shinji's good friends, probably the first he's ever had. They were and are a positive influence on him, without a doubt.
But Shinji still feels a degree of discomfort around them, he still puts up a barrier with them. He still runs away when Toji gets injured and never sees him again.
Not being able to fully open up to others is an important aspect of Shinji's character that you shouldn't ignore. This is also why Kaworu is such a big deal for Shinji's character, because he's the one person in the world that Shinji feels he can let down those barriers for.

>Also this is rebuild, shit pandering territory so who cares.
Anno does I assume, if he's so insistent on calling Kaworu and Shinji kindred spirits.

You can't just call Anno's own words and what we're shown in the series 'fujoshit' because you personally don't like it.

Attached: EA0mWU_UcAA8Jmx.jpg (1200x748, 136K)

Toji and Kensuke are best friends
Kaworu and Shinji are best friends

They can go on double bff dates together and everyone's happy.

Attached: the boys.jpg (861x620, 175K)

>Shinji opens up to Kaworu and no one else because Kaworu is literally an idealized version of himself. He's not an 'other' like Toji/Kensuke/Asuka/Misato, he's literally another Shinji - this is confirmed by Anno himself.
Nice fanwank you got there yourself. Are you extrapolating significantly from that single obscure interview again? Stop parroting old interviews and learn to think for yourself.

Attached: 1564803666341.jpg (496x1108, 148K)

Anno isn't directing the Rebuilds, Tsurumaki is. Anno just gives a handwave and lets his staff out there whatever it wants. Especially when it comes to irrelevant insert songs.

Nah, kaworufags don't settle for equal spots on the Shinji bowl, it all has to go to Kaworu or they get an aneurysm.

>"He was like me." -Shinji Ikari
>"Kaworu is another Shinji, his ideal self" - Anno Hideaki
We have both evidence in the show and from the director that Kaworu is an idealized Shinji.
I thought for myself just fine and Anno confirmed that interpretation in an interview I read years later from first watching the show.

Read Carl Roger's Self Actualization theory.

>Anno just gives a handwave and lets his staff out there whatever it wants
So, just like NGE then?

No one brought up the Shinji bowl except you.
Shinji seeing Kaworu as his best friend has nothing to do with that.

Honestly if you don't call them best friends, then what can you call them?

blame anno for making shinji a massive kaworufag
he's literally ready to let every single person in the show die for kaworu who he knew for like a few hours.

>he's literally ready to let every single person in the show die for kaworu who he knew for like a few hours.
He was ready to die for the unnamed kid in Eva 03, so factually incorrect. He was ready to kill the entire NERV personnel for Toji too.
Adam based angels can nullify or pierce AT fields, that's not fanwank.
Selfcest is not really friendship, like you said befriending yourself is the easy way. Shinji connecting to true others is much more meaningful over what you essentially described as mental masturbation any day.

No one ever questionned Toji being Shinji's friend before a bunch of screeching kaworufags showed up to claim the HE is Shinji's best friend.

So why shitflix is censoring kaworu confession?
Seems weird for a liberal company

Would-be friend or would-be love interest if he didn't betray Shinji the next day the met.