What are some the best live action adaptions of anime and manga. What's some of the worst?

What are some the best live action adaptions of anime and manga. What's some of the worst?

I love the Bleach film from last year.

Attached: 2b5b51dcc6304835b7daf9d28ee9b5df.jpg (1500x1064, 389K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EYO4MjOpplA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I enjoyed Animal Kingdom on Netflix a lot more than the anime of kaiji. It is the only live action that surpassed the anime it was based on.

Rurouni Kenshin
Speed Racer
Liar Game
I've heard good things about live-action Ace Attourney

please help report this thread

Retard

Animal Kingdom the american show? Is that based on a manga?

they all have fucked up teeth and orihime is a 2/10.
movie a shit

Blue Spring.

Our little sister, and little forest were excellent.

Attached: ourlittlesisterandlittleforest.jpg (1280x1439, 383K)

Dragonball Evolution is the worst.
Prove me wrong. You can't

Blade of the Immortal was dope

Not sure if Nobuhiko Obayashi's The Little Girl Who Conquered Time (Toki Kakeru wa Shoujo) counts because it's based on a book but the Hosoda movie is connected with this live action. It's actually a sequel with the FeMC's niece

Attached: 320.jpg (320x458, 50K)

Evolution is at least a hilarious trainwreck. Much more entertaining than something that is just simply bad like so many of those Nip live action adaptations that are basically just commercials for idols.

The live action Tiger Mask is arguably worse.

Just watched tokyo ghoul 2017 live action and it was much better than I expected. I thought it would be SNK-tier but it didn't. There's also another TG that came out, and it looks decent.
The only thing I didn't like was the choose of actors for kaneki and amon.
just look at him, he's a fucking twink

Attached: screenshot_4_43553.jpg (600x400, 67K)

>Evolution is at least a hilarious trainwreck.
That's how I feel about the live action Devilman film

Attached: great cosplay.webm (576x396, 1.52M)

I only watched this film because three of the actors were in Kamen Rider Fourze

Gintama has best one.

Kon Ichikawa's Phoenix. Based on the Dawn arc

Attached: Phoenix-Ichikawa.jpg (400x532, 40K)

>tfw i payed to see that shit wen i was a little piece of shit

Attached: 1563632673585.png (355x565, 214K)

And to think Anno almost direct the Devilman live action. Probably he's still seething until this day

Attached: The master.jpg (200x199, 18K)

Why is orihime not here

Attached: Cromartie-High-The-Movie-images-2b8d4862-349b-4a0d-bdb2-e6f63cfa18c.jpg (780x446, 76K)

Haven't really checked this out but it looks like they did Nendou's chin justice.

Attached: nendo.jpg (389x550, 55K)

That looks fun.

>watched the second half of it without audio during an international flight
>thought it was a live action Disney Channel original movie until a dragonball showed up

Attached: 1457048183504.png (798x767, 512K)

the recent Blade of the Immortal movie was alright

have you tried reading the rules newfriend?

Attached: 1556211907203.png (258x456, 44K)

Unironically Hentai Kamen

>I love the Bleach film from last year.

How? I watched it with friends and it was still terrible.

Attached: 1500233237542.gif (230x230, 1.54M)

I remember this being alright. Considering I thought it was going to be an absolute trainwreck it's not too shabby. Also live action Sheer Heart Attack shall forever haunt my nightmares

Attached: part 4 live action.jpg (1000x1414, 655K)

Initial D
youtube.com/watch?v=EYO4MjOpplA

>this exists
My.God.

That cast actually looks pretty great. Because it's Cromartie I feel like it might even work because it's so over the top, so the usual live action adaptation shtick of trying to emulate animation might not come off as awkward like it almost always does.

Looks bad D E S U

Came here to post this, wasn't perfect but goddamn it would've been so easy to fuck JoJo up and it managed to actually look nice

Gintama live action had the spirit of the anime and manga.

Great Teacher Onizuka

Attached: Cromartie.webm (360x198, 2.95M)

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Some good ones.
Be-Bop High School
Crows Zero 1
Crows Zero 2
Ichi The Killer
Oldboy
Ping Pong
Shonan Bakusozoku

It wasn't that good, it just wasn't as funny as actual Cromartie.

Attached: f6288b4e853eacf1b2575a8de2ef790f.jpg (624x886, 120K)

ping pong

I really enjoyed Erased. They did change the anime some, but maintained the heart of the story and it was beautifully shot.

It kind of looks bad, but at the same it looks like it might be okay fun.
Also Miike is pretty damn prolific. He pushed out this and Blade of the Immortal the same year, multiple movies every year in fact. I get the feeling he gives a lot of leeway for his crew and mostly just supervises as a director rather than taking a very active stance beyond initial planning.

>no mention of the terrible Netflix Death Note

How could you all forget

BTW, /jp/ has a Japanese film general:

I'm sure some dumbass is going to come around and say Edge of Tomorrow.

The Netflix adaptation of Erased was better than the anime adaptation...and BTFO the movie adaptation

if it's anime related, it's allowed to be posted in Yea Forums

I dunno. Maybe it was just nostalgia. I stopped reading Bleach a bit before Ichigo got half a skullface I think so like a decade ago. I just found the movie comfy

Bleach is for niggers.

I fucking love Dororo live action movie.

The humor in nichibros live action is so strange that I like it.

I remember seeing it as a kid without having any prior knowledge to Dragon ball and hating it. I think the weirdest thing about it looking back was that piccolo was the main villain.

Is the sequel happening any more? I'd love to see killer queen and Kira in live action

Be honest, how much of a shit show do you think it'll be. I can already Imagine the combined force of Yea Forums and Yea Forums's autism colliding when they decide to cast Nami as a black girl

Attached: Tk3UwI9.png (1099x625, 46K)

I don't like it.

Animal World was really good.

Mo Dao Zu Shi live acion tv show is pretty good so far if it counts

>live action TV drama
>ever good
Yeah, no. Be it Chinese or Japanese, they suck. As does the acting.

Most Live action anime adaptions are just an excuse to give japanese magazine idols a chance to be movies or TV and chew the fuck out of the scenery instead of actually act.

Kakegurui is not an exception to this, but it's written to be so overblown and silly that everything just works together.

I honestly can't recommend it enough.

The Mushi-shi live adaptation was great. It did a nice job of weaving the mostly episodic and contained stories together into one coherent one and really nailed the atmosphere and tone.
>inb4 muh didgeridoo