Who would win in an isekai battle royale that contains every popular isekai protagonist?

Who would win in an isekai battle royale that contains every popular isekai protagonist?

Attached: tanya.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)

Other urls found in this thread:

novelupdates.com/series/lord-of-the-mysteries/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

any chinese mc

isekai=tensei? In that case the slime or that spider

Out of the ones I know slime. Or Subaru bc hell revive until he can pull a win out of his ass

This.

>I am a 12-heaven-sage-level-of-the-4-trodden-paths-emperor-step-element-god-killing-mortal-immortal level of cultivation and have transcended the kingdoms of level 1- and then transended to heaven to best the gods before crossing dimensions to kill higher gods. To do so I meditated for centuries, used a forge to create a pill I consumed, ate souls, stole others cultivated soul energy, acquired magic weapons, devoured magic beasts, tamed magic beasts (Then devoured those too), ate a god after stealing his soul, and took revenge on a whole lot of people by killing their entire clans.

>beat a chinese isekai MC
>his great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandchild cultivates for 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 cycles of the the universe, travels back in time and kills you at birth, immediately undoing your murder of his ancestor by making sure the battle never took place
You just can't win against these chads.

The ones I know

Izayoi>Diablo>Ainz>Touya>Kunai>Tanya>Shin>Alexander Purchinov>Kazuma

Diablo? From how to not summon a demon lord? Is he really that strong?

/thread

id say hes strong but not stronger than ainz

>isekai quartet thread
>turns into powerwank "who would win" shit within 5 posts
never change Yea Forums

Slime is basically chinese mc, then you have that nigger from death march who is discounted chinese mc, after that I would say Average because laser spam and applied theoretical physics is nothing to joke about after that it's a fair game for these .
It's literally in op faggot.

thats the literal point of the thread

What if we only include stories written by humans?

Touya can easily defeat the other 3, he only needs to use slip

Implying that any of these isekai would ever end, same goes for the battle royale isekai ever ending.

Naofumi would do pretty well.
He's Multiverse+ tier or some shit by the end.

Why wasn't gay cat in Isekai Quartet?

Izayoi and Diablo have resistance against joke characters

freaken Furio

Attached: strongest isekai'd.jpg (1086x1542, 473K)

he said POPULAR isekai

>Touya higher than Kazuma

Kazuma literally just has to use steal and take his fucking cell phone, then Kazuma wins over everyone else by being a literal opportunist with such an OP weapon

>I wonder what that mark means
1 int then.

his original world was also a medieval fantasy world (he was a merchant)

He's from a different fantasy world, not earth. They didn't have an infinity symbol or at least not the same one.

Kazuma will die before even realize what is happening.
He is a literal bunny surrounded by tigers in a cell cage.

Don't underestimate Kazuma. Kazuma has an extremely OP luck stat but it is nerfed only because he is surrounded by people with garbage luck stats.

To continue, he literally would win if his party isn't around

Chinese =/= anime

One of the thousand isekai faggot MCs who startss at level 999 with every skill ever.

I don't know how much the author ruined his character in the recents novels buy If I remember correctly he was a literal shit and died gobbed like a faggot in vol 6.
>b-but muh raid castle
He wasn't able to defeat Aqua even with all the avantages.

Kazuma literally defeats the Demon King in the original and the LNs follow it

The slime is fucking broken

Ainz is not strong. He looks strong because he is a shameless lvl 100 bullying defenseless lvl 3 NPCs.
also
Is stated he wasn't good at PVP while Diablo was Korean tier or higer.

He's an epic level DnD character. He's genuinely very strong. Not as strong as actual DnD Wizards due to a bunch of arbitrary restrictions on his abilities and him having no idea what he's doing, but a combo of TGOALID and any death magic spell is very powerful

He was WITH Aqua.

slime > spider > (=shield hero=) makikomarete chad > izayoi problem child > part time maou > > ogre overlord > death cuck mage > smartphone god > lv 300+ satoo > diablo overlord > skeleton overlord > overly cautious hero > murabito villager > lv 300 witch > aqua > paladin elf skeleton knight > kino seeker > blinking dragon > jk slut haru > lv 999 villager > hajime arifureta > skill taker > dumb dragon > cumdump healer > shadow > mecha autist > [ ] with prep > duck loli > I Love Emilia > kazuma > normal human mcs

Attached: 5D65FA90-FEAB-4B8A-ABE7-B2E40673E7B4.jpg (581x548, 43K)

He died because he went too far from Aqua's range.

slime >>>>> spider > part time maou > diablo overlord >> rest
MCs I would fuck tier list

Were they really that strong. I only read Tony Wong and other old wuxia comics and classics like Legend of Condor Heroes

Attached: masaki_3.png (350x406, 133K)

>no bear
Shit list.

Where is based Admin butt punisher?

Attached: 1562781412556.jpg (1531x1425, 271K)

They are xianxia protagonists. It's the high fantasy version of wuxia and the powerlevels can get really absurd. Usually, a character starts out as some irrelevant nobody with shit talent everyone looks down on (so they can start face slapping people later) until they get some kind of cheat ability.

This cheat lets them cultivate far faster than even one in a generation genius young masters (there are a lot of those) and they quickly leave everyone in awe of their ability. There is a lot of face slapping. Eventually, they get so powerful, they ascend to a new realm of existence where they are again at the bottom and everything repeats until the author gets tired of writing the story. Most of the stories are thousands of chapters long so this neverending escalation can get pretty silly.

Congratulations, I've now spoiled you for every xianxia story ever.

That kid from Smartphone, probably.

Ains Oowl Gown

>I Love Emilia > kazuma > normal human mcs
normal human mcs > I Love Emilia
ftfy, Mazda can basically only kill little girls.

Subaru because he's impossible to kill
He'll just repeat his stunt on the fog whale

His return by death is the result of a curse. Can't someone just remove it? The slime could probably analyze it, eat him and then remove it somehow.

He can't kill you either. Some skills or abilities other protags might have could block or stop his resurrection, or different skills might let them circumvent it by simply not killing him at all and just permanently incapacitating him.

Attached: 98gw62cv80vz.png (2518x1024, 469K)

He just needs his Smartphone stolen and he's useless so anyone who is proficient at stealing would defeat him easily.

It's not a curse, it's a witch-thing cohabitating, kind of. You probably can't really remove it as long as she exists, and she's stated to be immortal. So then that starts coming down to can X beat Satella, and while some of them might be able to, we don't know enough about Satella to say yes or no in any way so a discussion like that is pretty pointless.

That still leaves his fur coat which doubles his already high resistance to all types of magic, his fleet of floating fortresses, his ability to turn into a golden-haired totally-not-Super-Saiyajin, etc. If he was just a kid with an OP artifact, he'd still be tolerable, but the god who sent him to fantasyland also dramatically buffed his base parameters.

yeah, xianxia has just as many cliches as isekai, just different ones
but I could argue that there are more CN's worth reading than LN's

Touya is plenty strong without his enchanted google maps device, anime-only-speedwatcher-kun.

I mean, unless you makes him him immortal he's going to die eventually, even if caged

I've read my fair share of both LN's and Chinese Webnovels. While both had a lot of good, average and terrible stories, I'd say the best stories I read were Japanese.

Even well written Xianxia stories just didn't write characters well in my opinion. I would often find myself thinking they were caricatures instead of people. LN's have this problem as well, but I think Chinese novels are worse. I've never read a webnovel comparable to say Spice and Wolf either. If you have, hit me up with a recommendation

Have you tried Lord of Mysteries? It's a lesser known novel that's been getting more attention recently because of how well it's written. The first arc is a little slow, but it does well in getting you involved with the characters and world.

Attached: ekQ5-jko4XxZ92T3cS340-2c0.jpg (4032x3024, 3.18M)

+1 for lord of mysteries, a lot of the cliches end up being different than what you originally thought, and each arc has a satisfying climax

I hadn't heard of it but the premise seems interesting. I'll give it a look. Thanks user.

So Dragon Ball, basically?

Exactly. Dragon Ball is based on Journey to the West which is also the inspiration for the entire xianxia genre. Goku started out as a child who was kind of superhuman (bullets hurt him a bit but didn't kill him) and went on to become so strong he can destroy the universe by accident. That's when we found out there are other universes and a new frontier of strength opened up. That right there is exactly how every xianxia story goes.

Considering he married the Wolf Girl right away does he actually do what he's supposed to and start a family or is it one of those married in name only things?

Since when are martial arts novels illustrated with "anime" art style? I thought most chinese xianxia/xuanhuan fans hate JP arts with a passion.

Anime art is infinitely better than this.

Attached: LOHP.jpg (938x1401, 369K)

Yea Forums would never understand this joke. But good one, this was a nice surprise from the thread. Now that I think about it, Masaki has to be my favorite Isekai protagonist.

>has such shitty direction senses he travels to other universes while attempting to visit the neighborhood kingdom.
>It keeps happening to him
He is so based.

Who would win in a fight?

The dude from the I love Emilia anime or the dude from the manga How To Fuck My Dog Slave Every Night?

They are both really weak, but who is weaker?

/thread

Attached: 2.jpg (1920x1080, 283K)

sauce on these two?

not sure but I hope it becomes more prevalent

Attached: 2018561534771-01.jpg (640x640, 95K)

It's just the chad vs virgin meme comparing the typical Isekai and Xianxia protagonists.

post the tarot cards, I forgot to save them.

all I've got is this one, will post more if I can find it

Attached: Official_fool_0.jpg (3024x4032, 1.83M)

Didn't watch or read slime but is the MC that strong? Izayoi is star buster at minimum and probably galaxy buster or higher in Last Embryo and also FTL.

Izayoi got that strong? The fuck. How strong did the girls get?

Christ, dude.
I could just smell your despair from the amount of sad isekais you just named
That's not a show of power level, that's a genuine cry for help

Attached: Pathetic+_8a0a767c18f1e7180eb1978d30de534f.jpg (326x212, 22K)

Thanks.

let's just say becoming a god is merely the half way point of many Xianxia stories

I think Goku is pretty humble compared to the monkey he's based on

xianxia has more cliches, when you read one you read 90% of them

I agree with this guy
good Japanese isekai > xianxia > typical Japanese isekai

Chinese isn't anime you pleb

no they hate Japan with a passion
but they love anime, it's kinda like Yea Forums where even though they think Japan is shit that's unrelated to their love of anime.

The only series with this kinda art that I actually liked was ISSTH. Shame the new WW site doesn't have it anymore.

I also found a better version of the justice card.

Attached: JCLBAu5.jpg (3456x4608, 1.02M)

It's either Furio or that guy from Instant Death

everyone else doesn't stand a chance

Kazuma should be totally out of Subaru's league, shouldn't he?

it kind of unfair fight since subaru can literally try until he succeeds even for thousand of years, he also gets more powerful in later arcs he can use juice's invisible hands and whatever greed does to extent.

It's definitely not a curse, at least as "curses" are defined by Re:Zero. That being said, return by death is still not well understood. How it actually seems to work defies the prevalent understanding of how it should work.

Thanks, I believe these two is the only cards out.

the industry
fuck isekai

They got stronger, Yo can put a decent fight against Izayoi if he doesn't use his another cosmology or B.D.A, pic related is not offical but it is a rank that was made by readers who have read till volume 4 or 5 of LE, it will at least give an overall idea to you.

Attached: zRmrQfQ (1).jpg (1535x1476, 472K)

It's implied that the more he dies the closer the witch gets to him so his restarts are theoretically limited.

>the closer the witch gets to him
will she fuck him?

Subaru could eventually win no matter what.

There's no stopping him!

Attached: Absolute Madman.jpg (473x470, 88K)

Except the author.

>except the Chinese government enacting 4th dimensional pressures on Fang Yuan, via his creator.
Doesn't change his insane power level and lack of interest in other humans.

The third volume was released a couple weeks ago so there should be one more of the hanged man, but I can't find any pictures of it on weibo, maybe people are still waiting to get it.

Attached: l54Z3dL.png (940x458, 900K)

Wait did they really force the author to make him less evil?

Attached: 1543810919701.png (650x693, 236K)

The power levels in RI are rather low. It's literally limited within a single world with the heavens and what not being no different than moons/satellites. Fang Yuan may be ruthless but he tends to instill mistrust in others rather easily if they aren't completely fooled and he too benefits heavily from luck otherwise he would have croaked a few times when his cicada was on cool down.

really? i always thought he'll just won't be able to progress if he gets on the path that the witch dislikes, she'll just hard reset him back to checkpoint like she did already until he progresses towards her goal, it's more probable that he'll go crazy if he gets stuck for too long.

Is this the Lord of Mysteries you guys are talking about? Because the cover looks nothing like what you guys are posting.
novelupdates.com/series/lord-of-the-mysteries/

Not gonna argue on that, my real point was actually that the author hinted that Fang Yuan will most likely fail in his grand quest so long as it makes the story more enjoyable. A guy like Fang Yuan who is willing to betray and fuck over everyone for immortality failing at the last step is something many readers wanna see, so his odds are not good.

That's the shitty QI localization cover, all of them are literally stolen somewhere and just had text slapped on them.

Sounds like an average Elona run.

I don't know man it doesn't say what exactly will happen to him when she gets him but it can't be anything good. If you haven't read ARC 4 it's revealed that she's pretty much batshit insane there. I can't fathom what kind of "Goal" A person like that would have.

If all the Chinese gov't does is make him be less evil, then we're still ahead of the game. As is, we're sitting in limbo while waiting for the gov't to decide if the anti-authority elements in the novel are anti-authority enough.

The Venerables are able to completely control and manipulate anything related to their specialty as long as another venerable doesn't oppose them.

There is a strong chance that it will be revealed that they are basically pill-slaves working towards making an ultimate gu for a world where most people can directly manipulate dao. There's a person who came from a standard xianxia world, after all. But until that's established, FY has complete control over anyone's ability to craft shit within his kingdom. Constellation is able to know the plans of anyone within her kingdom, and Big Man can completely control the abstract concept of luck within his kingdom.

Yeah but that only works if there is someone decent who beats him. So far everyone else is either a scumbag as well or irrelevant.

I remember Release that Withc getting 3 different covers, none of which had anything to do with the story itself. That sort of thing happens a lot.

Fuck you mean it could get canceled? This is literally the best Chink story I've ever read.

Attached: 1374213358387.png (277x595, 161K)

echidna said something along the lines that it's fate worse than death.
sattela herself i think mentioned in arc 4 that she wants subaru to kill her, but her second persona might want something else.

Attached: 61zhfe-e3BL._SX350_BO1,204,203,200_[1].jpg (352x499, 48K)

"Yes" it could get "canceled."

But the author considers perseverance as the only virtue worth mentioning. He's basically stated that even if QI throws him out, he'll release the rest via private chat servers, which will make their way to the US, eventually.

God bless piracy and the open market.

>The Venerables are able to completely control and manipulate anything related to their specialty as long as another venerable doesn't oppose them.
It essentially is still something working within the confines of the laws of their world. To begin with there is no true immortal in the RI world, whereas in plenty of xianxia true immortals exist as some mid-tier fodder because their immortality is tied to the world itself and no doubt that's how Venerables are at the very least because they sustain themselves on the energy in the world. They haven't reached broken levels of being able to become their own perpetual solar system so to speak, having the laws ingrained into their very souls. They all rely too heavily on Gu.

RI is a very low scale xianxia setting, and that's what makes it fun. Immortality is their ultimate goal, and Gu makes it impossible for the cultivators to just keep getting ahead of each other because there's heavy limitations. In theory if something caused the world to lose all qi or killed all Gu like a kind of airborne vector virus that's impossible to isolate/prevent thanks to all abilities stemming from Gu themselves, then it's already game over for Fang Yuan's dream.

The story isn't ending any time soon, and it's not like he has to lose by fighting someone stronger. He simply has to die. There's plenty of ways for that to happen.

That's censorship for you. I got a look at the criteria used to censor something and it's pretty much impossible for anything to not meet at least one of them. Anything can get cancelled at any time depending on the whims of Communist functionaries.

>Didn't watch or read slime but is the MC that strong?

By the end of the anime the slime is really strong, though not a "lvl 999 god slayer" type, but his Predator ability means he has the highest potential of any isekai protagonist, as he can continually get stronger and gain new skills as he absorbs stronger opponents.

I get that. But the inclusion of a xianxia character from another world with less stringent rules implies, to me, that the various venerables would flourish in an setting that is not their own. Granted, the most said xianxia character could accomplish was reaching pseudo-venerable level, but that's still impressive and only emphasizes the ability of the Venerables to a greater degree.

It's nothing worth arguing over, though. What are your favorite xianxia series? I'm bottoming out my reading list.

Absorbing enemies whole while being pretty much immune to most attacks and getting any skills they had is also a huge thing too, Rimuru is probably the most overpowered isekai protag.

So he is incredibly OP then, that's interesting, don't know if it would work against Izayoi in a supposed fight between them though since his another cosmology can cancell any type of power witth the exception being other another cosmology and he also has the perpetual motion machine of third kind aka particle star body, which basically generates infinity energy and the authority of lion, which makes him immune to bladed weapons. Still, slime MC definitely seems top tier regarding abilities and strenght, guess I should give it a read.

I've been reading the Isekai smartphone one and the guy definitely finds the most hilarious ways to defeat his enemies. It's extremely silly for someone that uses his smartphone for most things ends up super overpowered but I had a really good laugh when I read how he defeats the one enemy that can block all physical damage and all magical damage. Only on volume 5 so far though so I haven't really read all of it yet.

Also, how come everyone keeps saying to take away his smartphone when they mention how he enchanted the thing with anti-theft magic, protective spells and even a command to have it use magic to teleport back to his hand? Seems like a pretty bad strategy because an obvious weakness like that would obviously be covered for.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. - 11 [720p].mkv_snapshot_14.11_[2017.09.19_15.30.10] (1280x720, 167K)

There's a S2 for the anime coming soon too if you were interested. I love hilariously overpowered MCs and Rimuru but I have to admit that the part i'm looking forward to the most is more Millim.

Attached: 1549908017332.jpg (1920x1080, 290K)

What's your metric of "Popular".

I don't have an absolute favorite, it's too vague for me. I only know I enjoy certain xianxia for what they are, and don't mind what they lack or do poorly on including RI. It's all about what mood I'm in to appreciate, for example it's basically impossible to read RI for mainly romance or honor.

>honor
I have never seen a chinese mc with an ounce of honor. They are all the worst sort of scum. If a story does have genuinely honorable characters, the mc will take advantage of them or use their honor against them.

You must be new then, there is no mc in all of isekai with more honor than Brendel.

Attached: Chinese Touch Me.jpg (550x1230, 229K)

Chinese would have to look at each other and recognize them as human to have a proper concept of honor or love. Their government has established that they cannot do so and have followed through on legal cases to ensure as much.

The xianxia I appreciate most are the ones where the MC is a monster, or the MC builds up a kingdom/sect/army whatever.

You may as well claim all niggers are literally irredeemable animals in real life. Just because you can't find the right novels doesn't mean anything.

Attached: t7_562994.jpg (285x411, 51K)

I don't want to get into the awful shit the Chinese gov't has encourage through court cases and I lightly regret bringing it up.

Got any good novels, user?

I already posted one, I have no idea what nonsense you're talking about and it has nothing to do with Zhu Yao, it's already a completed novel long before your paranoid about gubbmint started pawing shit.

Do isekai visual novel protagonists count?

The novel he pposted was My Disciple Died yet Again. It's a a comedy and not a very traditional Chinese webnovel. You should give it a look if you have nothing better to do.

It took me a while to process the Izayoi everyone was talking about as the mondaiji protag, did he seriously get that strong?

I remember him being strong in the anime but not strong enough to obliterate everything in his path. Maybe I should bother to pick up the novels

Just hope everyone is like Smoke is a Path, sneaking in sex scenes and then self-censoring it later knowing pirates will keep those sections and act all smug about the river crab.

>Ask user for recs
>Be called paranoid
>Chinese government is actively scrubbing its internet of whatever it feels promotes contrary thoughts to its social order
>This includes violence, homosexuals, the supernatural, hetero sex, and time travel

I'm not saying I need any of the above to enjoy a story. But you implying I'm some sort of nut job for wanting any of that is far weirder than me insisting I'd want any of it.
That said, I'm willing to believe we got started on the wrong foot. I'll check out My Disciple Died Yet Again on your recommendation.

Attached: Begone China.gif (320x286, 460K)

this has pretty much what you're asking for, mc starts building his secret organization from day 1
the worldbuilding is almost on par with RI, but mc is a moralfag

>lesser known novel that's been getting more attention recently
Yeah like RTW once did right?
>inb4 poohed

Attached: 1446604176360.gif (1276x996, 157K)

well the LOM author has already established himself so we won't be seeing any rushed endings like RTW

>he thinks any chink authors are "too established" for ccp to censor

Lotm doesn't have any romance, I doubt it will get axed soon.

My Father in Law is Lu Bu probably has the best rendition of Zhuge Liang. Not too overpowered, not a jobber, still a clever wise ass, but thanks to MC and Yueying he ends up not becoming a self righteous prick and even ends up as the butt monkey despite his near peerless intelligence simply because he lacks the strength to truss up a chicken and fears his tigress wife.

I don't even think RTW got censored. It was already headed towards the ending before it got temporarily suspended.

RTW suffered far more than just that, it was already half-ruined thanks to the author's wife.

At least Tanya is the cutest and cleverest.

Attached: 1563634230853.jpg (750x1061, 201K)

This. Mar's wife also ruined against the gods.

Attached: 13215748_f520.jpg (520x325, 45K)

For some reason, I find the prayers she uses to activate her powers really cool.

I find the time travel one the funniest. They don't want people to think any outcome other than the victory of the Chinese Communist Party is possible or to think about how such a world would look like. That's their reason for being against time travel.

Can you expand on that? How did the author's wife ruin RtW?

Will they add more Isekai protags to Isekai quartet or is it just going to be the same four again?

You serious? I stopped after the tournament cause it was a good time to bulk up chapters but it was a great ride until that point. I'm not even attracted to lolis in any way yet I was rooting for Jasmine x Yun Che the whole time cause of how it was all built up over the long run, but at the same time I also enjoy all the other wives like when Yun Che fought Qingyue in the finals. It'd fucking suck to see it ruined, the chauvinism and passion was something you couldn't find in other novels. Ah whatever I'll read it later, I don't wanna get spoiled even if it did get ruined.

>quartet
Well, what do you think user? Can a quartet have more than 4 things in it?

You can still have several quartets since there's different classes and shit

not him but she was insecure and forced the author to keep the mc Roland in a monogamous relationship with Anna, even though there are jarring hints that Nightingale is his girl on the side(she has a secret 'deal' with Anna, masturbates using his desk, and probably listens in on their sex using her invisibility)
plus at the end they all live together

I found it funny in LN, when she prays during the first Rhine battle shown.
She takes a ridiculously long time, adding in stuff about the fatherland because she's trying to get the enemy mages to back down and save their lives.

She looks like a fun character, guess I'll give it a go for her too.

I hate that 变身二次元美少女 got killed.
Yuri/Harem aside it was well written.

The author is such a fucking pussy. He compromised his artistic integrity and story just because his wife was feeling insecure? I am sure she reads yaoi on the side herself and probably daydreams about far worse things than a guy with two wives. If I was the author, I'd have given Roland a proper Imperial harem with all the witches as my concubines just to spite her.

Actually I don't know if it was specifically his wife or Mars just mellowed out after having a family, but if you read his previous novels there is a huge difference. Namely the mc is a lot less dominant over his woman, there are no descriptive sex scenes at all, and less explicit relations with lolis(in Evil dragon against the heavens mc has like 12 lolis in his harem). But we may see changes now that in the current chapter he's taken us on the path of full edge.

user 2D jealousy is a real thing, and has been for ages. Look at Gundam Seed Destiny for proof within your life time.

The thing that makes Slime fun for me is that it's unique.
Rimaru being a slime isn't the gimmick. The gimmick is that he's not "playing" a JRPG, he's playing a citybuilding strategy game. Building alliances, finding builders, making trade deals, all that stuff is given attention. Though less so in the second arc, but by then slime Rimaru has a really great team of supporting characters as his generals and advisers.
It's like Overlord except he takes his time to build his power and allies.

It also ruined the potential of Xenogears, right?
I only half remember, but it was something like the lead designers having a three-way (via their in-game avatars) and it destroying their relationship?

Oh if you're comparing it with his old novel then I don't think that's the case. He's just more mellow because Yun Che as a character, isn't as rapey. He's very coercive and assertive but he isn't really all that rapist at least last I read. This is cause he's a genuine china chad, but also because if you remember, his backstory with Ling'er is what defines Yun Che's stance on women. He will absolutely white knight as fuck any woman he desires, because Ling'er's dying wish was for Yun Che to treat women that he likes better. By the time Ling'er reunites with him in the current time line he's already deeply entrenched in his womanizing fedora tipping ways, so it's not really fair to expect him to be like the old MC, not to mention he had Jasmine with him for over half the story.

As for lolis, well last I recall there was Jasmine, Cai Zi, and butterfly loli. That's 3 no? I mean sure Cai Zi isn't really a loli but she's a chestlet all the same, and they fucked like rabbits.

As for the lack of descriptive sex, yeah I guess he saw it coming but at least it wasn't a halfway change ya know? It was like that from the start and that was long before CCP got around to censoring everything.

I value that they put a lot of thought into making the characters likeable and the battles kind of secondary because everyone on Rimuru's side is so hilariously overpowered that nothing stands a chance so a lot of the fun is seeing him slowly grow his nation and casually become best friends with the cutest demon lord nanoda.

Oh wait Cai Zi is Jasmine's sister right? I was talking about the golden crow girl.

Can Altair be the referee?

Attached: 1535598185357.png (1296x1679, 3.15M)

I really enjoy comfy isekai series like smartphone or slime.

There's just something really satisfying when I can focus on the cute girls while MC trashes everything that could possibly be a threat with satisfying ease.

Literally watch the ending of the last episode.

What other four MCs would they add anyway?

Yeah I guess mars just switched over from pure-wish-fulfillment-with-plot-on-the-side over to plot-but-also-wish-fulfillment. Which is actually terrible because atg has been very frustrating to read ever since he left the demon continent, almost bordering on torture porn, all for the sake of plot.

The anime has pretty short and sweet prayer chants so I found them pretty cool, i'm an absolute sucker for some good chants.

The people who don’t watch it.

Attached: 593469D6-C21F-4376-9E56-7AC824E25494.png (500x330, 66K)

The isekai show was really fun at least, I enjoyed it a ton but I wish they had explored more the funny interactions between characters. The part with Tanya, Aqua and Subaru was amazing.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Isekai Quartet - 09 [720p]_snapshot_00.10.30.005_[2019.06.06_16.50.44]_subs.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

This list is right, (except Kazuma is stronger than Re:Zero cuck at the end of Konosuba Vol. 16) but we don't really know the extent of Kumos powers yet - she might not be that powerful.

Is the Knight guy really that strong?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Isekai Quartet - 10 [720p]_snapshot_00.04.31.646_[2019.06.12_05.21.49].jpg (1280x720, 327K)

Subaru gets stronger too, Kazuma is probably the weakest out of all of them.

chinese comics aren't manga retard.

No one because lots of Isekai ended with the main character becoming Omni. That why a lot of isekai is trash writing

sounds like you're the trash

He is intentionally made overpowered to the point of being able to destroy a continent infinitely resurrect by the author as he wants to parody common op isekai MCs

>This includes violence, homosexuals, the supernatural, hetero sex, and time travel
Well damn, no wonder they put a lot of effort into this Donghua

Attached: mo-dao-zu-shi.jpg (568x416, 57K)

The power level differences in isekai quartet is pretty silly.

There's Kazuma and his party that are absolute bottom barrel
There's Subaru where his only ability is being unable to die but his harem is proficient in magic and their weapons which puts him above Kazuma's group
Tanya's group where everyone can fly and has guns which puts them above the other two
Then the bigass skeleton overlord that can use all sorts of super magic with a bunch of overpowered magical artifacts commanding an elite legion of demons which makes the other three seem like nothing.

I mean Aqua is quite capable of killing some of Ainz's group. The megumemes explosion is a one hit to anyone outside of Ainz's group

The first three groups are pretty close in power but Tanya's group would probably come out ahead since they're trained soldiers and Tanya has actual combat-oriented abilities unlike the other two but it would still be pretty close and fair.

Then there's Ainz that's worlds apart from the others. Aqua's turn undead would definitely pose a threat to undead but most likely possible to counter considering how she's a totally useless goddess and the others are just disgustingly overpowered.

They're also kind of nasty to hear in the LN, because it basically means the character you usually follow is gone and mind control is in place. There's also a pretty elaborate description of what should be pain from unloading mana from every cell in your body being turned into "full-body (religious) ecstasty".
They seem cute in the anime because it depicts her way more in control of it and like it's just similar to shouting your move name, but in the LN when she prays or sings, technically Tanya is gone.

>tfw realized this is unironically the happiest Tanya will ever be

>he was a merchant
Oy vey

God damnit, imagine god giving you a massive puffy vagina because you refused to believe in him even tho he talked to you upon death! Must suck.

I wish there were good wuxia anime.

Forget the war. Tanya's greatest struggle is deciding if she wants to be celibate, a physical homosexual or a spiritual homosexual.

whats more big brained than SPIRITUAL HOMOSEX?

Attached: no.jpg (681x964, 128K)

Spirits don't have genders and sex.

I was agreeing with you.

I mean they're trying to
so far only the archer got preggers don't worry the father is a horse demon

except Pooh
the strongest chinese protag

nah under review so it hasn't been yet
though even if it does there's assloads of untranslated chapters (like 1000 or so)

eh might as well

>muh Slime, death march
Block your path

Attached: XUSE-46.jpg (500x498, 67K)

each region is like a world. Northern plains is 10 times the size of earth. He's pretty good at fooling people who don't know him well.

You really don't want to know about Kazuma x Tanya shit Aoi Yuuki has been joking about finding since Isekai Quartet started.
The gag is always Tanya wants to know how Kazuma can bully gods and it leads to stolen panties.

I enjoy the loli variant myself

Attached: Shuri_Kakumei.png (1112x1535, 760K)

>You really don't want to know
I really, really do. Especially if it came from Y.Aoi.

only person who's life downgraded in the transfer was Ainz and even then he has a "home where your family is" thing to him

what's his power?

You really don't. However you should try to find the radio show where she put Rie Takahashi on the spot and told her to choose who's better, Megumin or Emilia.

Why is Aoi Yuki so damn based

basically just this guy
he's Shiki and Kira but without any of the limitations . he just says "die" and as long as there is a concept of death you will die

Downgraded? Ainz lived in a dystopic shithole where one of his friends got assassinanted by a megacorp, seeing corpses of children on the streets is common and he's never seen a tree or grass anywhere outside of old photos. Yes, he can't eat, sleep or fuck Albedo, but I wouldn't call what happened to him a downgrade. Better to be a Lich than a wageslave (with extra emphasis on slave) to an evil megacorp.

She's a fujo that doesn't care and keeps growing in power.

An eternal with a rank 2 eien shinken

I mean he went from ruling in hell to serving in heaven. Sort of a downgrade

also he still can't fuck Albeido

>You really don't
No really, I insist.

ainz is unironically one of the more balanced isekai mcs he only looks strong because the world he's in is exceedingly weak

most isekai mcs have to deal with godlike beings in a very strong universe so they have to step the fuck up and become godlike themselves and of course after having the power to kill god (as in THE god, not A god) their stupid "cheat" ability (something ainz doesnt have and will never have) will take them past the multiverse

Attached: 19fffb361a680e889c9084a81e14aaef.jpg (1210x1483, 135K)

Do you know which radio series (for what show or by what person) it was?

He can be isekai'd but just call him budget Myuugi

I've always wondered why he doesn't just use Wish to give himself a human body. It should work.

he doesn't seem to mind being a skelly
fucker probably has shapeshift abilities anyway

>when the Chinese are such opportunistic ancaps that Pooh's totalitarian regime seems justified in comparison

Pooh is just an actor in a repeating play called the Chinese Empire.
He's on the verge of being strong enough to dominate the world, but the signs of total collapse are already showing, along with the possibility of another peasant revolt. This will be the 14th time in Chinese history it'll happen. The real question is if they'll accidentally create an imperialist super power out of a neighbor again.

first of all hes not overcome with lust like albedo and shalltear so he has literally nothing to gain from having a benis or engaging in sexual frivolities. he is the definition of a volcel. besides, the girls' lust for ainz and wish to bear his children is just a running comedy gag and has no serious bearing on the plot.

Attached: 1556766485981.png (226x317, 102K)

So an army with Boss Lan as general, Tanya as Captain, and Eliza as sergeant.

Who would fight that?

Tanya's a Major with her own Battallion and most of the strategies the Empire uses ends up being based on papers she wrote, so just put her in charge.

Kazuma x Tanya (no gay) ship when?

Shalltear's maybe, but Albedo has assembled a Supreme Being death squad due to her obsession. As for Ainz, he has expressed an interest in trying the food of the New World but couldn't do it because he's a skelly.

>Better than any Wuxia/Chinese Isekai protag to have ever existed
How could those pathetic jackassess even compare ?

Attached: Jackie.jpg (480x360, 13K)

The part I'm looking forward to the most is more Milliim ass.

Attached: mkSG4og.png (1366x768, 1.24M)

>Albedo has assembled a Supreme Being death squad
literally went nowhere plotwise

>niece just casually kills Shendu

murderhobo in the making

reminder that Albeido wasn't even in the original WN
so her entire character goes nowhere plotwise

Well, we could to take it to even further beyond

Attached: Asakim_Dowin.jpg (250x250, 12K)

It could cause quite a bit of drama if another guild member did show up. We don't know where the story is going.

its not going anywhere because based maruyama is writing his wrestling romcom with THICK JUICY MUSCLEFAT GIRLS right now

>tfw he got isekai'd from an isekai world in SRW X
>Has to play support to some Karate bitch boy and Rejected Atelier protag

hello fine sir I am quite lost
can you tell me which direction Earth is?

Attached: Ryouga7.jpg (450x337, 31K)

Now i want an art of Jackie holding a baby on his hand while a bunch of Xianxia/Wuxia protags are all lying on the ground, beaten battered, and ruined

I can't see that at all without involving rape

Nah, there's way better guys Tanya could rape.

Don't forget the glorious bastard that is pic related

Attached: Shu.jpg (706x1132, 59K)

Like Lergen. Tanya raping Lergen would be pure kino.

Tanya could rape me and I wish she would. I would pretend to hate it and that will only make her grind my pelvis harder.

Let's work on finding that doujin that other guy mentioned instead.

She get run over by Might Gaine who comes straight from SRW X universe

>Didn't watch or read slime but is the MC that strong?

Yes. Rimuru is essentially a living god. He is even more powerful than Ainz with his bullshit world items and pay to win gear. He would probably even win if the two of them just sent their armies at each other, Nazarick vs Jura Tempest Federation.
If you like Overlord I definitely recommend reading Slime. It is the same type of story 'overpowered protagonist nation building' but without the edgy murder torture.
Volumes 1 to 5 have been released and fan translations of 6 to 8. I am considering breaking down and reading the webnovel but I have been warned that is a but difficult to read.

Attached: Rimuru_(Slime).png (350x262, 14K)

The only reason slime works is how it stays goofy. Honestly, if slime took itself seriously even to a quarter of the degree most isekai do the entire thing would fall apart.
The goofiness is the only reason Shion fucking dying has impact and gives weight to the following demon lord shit.[/spoile]

Also, pic related who is far more entertaining and more of actual charisma than any Xianxia and Wuxia protags could ever hope to be

Attached: 1426431498105329.jpg (600x448, 18K)

The Slime can compete with Eternals though.

Spider turns into a god with energy absorbsion and teleportation powers. So she can just eat any enemy.

This. I mean, what does he want to rule the world FOR? He can't eat, he doesn't need to sleep, he can't fuck. What does he even get out of it?

I mean, my first thought would be "Wow, being a skellyman is cool and all, but I want my penis back."

Honestly, if another guild member doesn't show up, there's no real plot. Nothing can really challenge Ainz.

The only thing that could be a real threat is if a few of his old guild-mates show up and are actively hostile to him, to the point Nazarick falls to infighting due to divided loyalties.

>without the edgy murder torture.
Then there is no point in reading it. Overlord's funniest joke is the stark contradiction between Nazarick's goofy SoL and the hummies' suffering.

There are more important thigns in life than base desires. He could explore the world, study magic, argue philosophy and a bunch of other things. Ainz certainly didn't run out of things to do in the 200 years he spent with vampire loli.

It's funny just how OP Nazarick is when you really look at it. Just enough world items for every Floor Guardian so someone with a broken World item can't threaten it, the throne that protects the entire guild base, a dungeon specificaly designed to stop lots of high level players... Maruyama built Nazarick so that even if another guild from Yggdrassil showed up, they couldn't win.

The physical release is Taiwanese and every Taiwanese LN under the sun has that art style.

How does Slime have 3 spin off mangas already?

By virtue of being the most successful isekai manga to ever exist.

Attached: 1546801703743.png (724x562, 106K)

Funny how nothing come close to defeating isekai Chinese MC that has talent one in a thousand years.

The sun rises in the east, sets in the west and Nips continue to have shit taste. All is right with the world.

Probably subaru. He gets to try until he wins. I guess if we only do it one time though probably ainz because he appeals to those kids who shit and piss all over themselves when they lose anything at recess until everyone gives up and says they're the best. Or Kazuma because of his luck

>probably
>or
Weak

>Taiwanese LN
Now I'm interested. Where can I find these novels?

You can order them from books.com.tw or kingstone.com.tw; probably from other places as well, but those are big retail platforms.
Aside from having actual art and using Traditional characters instead of Simpified, it's not any different from the Chinese WN.

If you're looking for the WN, the raws are on Qidian and the official translation is on Qidian International, but those are both paywalled so everyone goes to aggregators.

Attached: LotM covers.jpg (3000x1389, 1.4M)

Not really

How popular is the LN?

Eternals are around multiverse level which endgame Rimuru also managed to reach. Unless you count the clusterfuck of part two its still an equilibrium.

I just want to thank you for letting me know Amber Sword exists. I've been reading it for a while now and it's been great.

Anything on outerverse level?

Characters who's power is to devour and absorb others powers are just completely broken and unbalanced as a rule because the potential is infinite. There's always potential to grow stronger and if they manage to defeat something stronger than them or combine a literal fuckton of powers then you can take down literally anything.

Unless he can slice multiple verses or world in his attacks, that's still a no.

Pointless if he went poof before he could even fight

Why no one mentioned Featherine here?

The only isekai written by humans is Alice in Wonderland

At the end Ciel stated that he could destroy and recreate the multiverse tenthousand times before he would run out of mana.

>ten thousand times
Still a meh level.

>cultivate beyond overvoid to collect essences
>can create and destroy megaverses
NEXT

>Bitching about "who would win?" wank
>In a "Hey, which isekai protagonist would win?" thread
Are you being retarded on purpose?

Yes

>ciel stated
>stated
Also where is the aoe?

Stated is good enough because you wouldn't actually want to go full rebirth and destruction a thousand times on your own universe in any series ever.

How come the series isn't more advertised like SAO, AoT or ReZero if it's this popular?

Literally the only reason Ainz seems so strong is because he's a level 100 character in a setting where the "best in the world" type characters are, like, level 30 at most.

>anime contains monster races
>they are all okay with xenophilia and they try to bone the MC
>Harem
How many isekais were ruined because of this?

It was at the end of time where Ciel stated that he could either recreate everything or travel back to the point in time where everything still existed and Rimuru choose the later.

Still enough to be around the same level. Not that outstanding in comparison to some more broken Eternals but just enough to place him in the same league.

OP didnt say anime.

Not enough to beat end of series slime or shield.

How would authors develop the stories after the MC's become a god? And how can they write thousands of chapters without filler arcs?

Are the LNs/Manga of Slime picked up by something like Jnovel club or something that releases them with good tl quality on a regular basis?

Since he was isekai'd he is stronger than ever.
world class items stop any effects that are OP and he is basically a lv 30 dnd wizard.

>How would authors develop the stories after the MC's become a god?
Apparently they can write romances without every giving you the goddamn emotional payoff you want, so I'm sure they'll find a way.

Release that witch ended? How did it end?

>Go to a restaurant with your harem of jade-like beauties to eat
>Suddenly, a wild young master appears!
>"Hey you, the most beautiful out of this flowerfield with skin fair enough to cause nations to fall! Come to my mansion so I can fuck you, as for the rest, you can have them, my followers!"
>Young master tries to grab main waifu but murder hobo protag interferes, young master gets irritated as fuck and shouts like a retard
>"YOU ARE COURTING DEATH!"
>Onlookers gossip about "there is no way this weak-looking dude could possibly beat the young master, the match is already decided! No need to even look!"
>Murder hobo protag kills young master in one punch, all the onlookers go "HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!? He beat the young master! That can't possibly be! Who is that guy?"
>Old man, seemingly a beggar, but actually one of the strongest daoists in the world, who watches at the scene amused, scoffs at the now dead young master
>"He had eyes but couldn't see mount Tai."
>Suddenly the voice of the young master's father, who is the Sectmaster of Sect X resounds through the entire city
>"HOW DARE YOU KILL MY SON! THERE WILL BE NO RECONCILIATION! I'LL MURDER YOU, ALL YOUR PREVIOUS 10 GENERATIONS AND ALL THE DOGS AND HENS AT YOUR HOME!"
>Murder hobo protag goes on to wipe out the entire Sect X because of "MUH by the roots!"
>As murder hobo is about to strike down the sect master, the sect master cries
>"Fool! Our X sect is just small fry in comparison to the sect we are subordinate to, which is the the Y sect, who are in turn subordinate to the Z clan! You'll never have a peaceful life again!"
>Murder hobo protag shrugs
>"Just more targets to KILL!"
>And so murder hobo protag finishes off the sectmaster and gets into conflict with Y sect (and later Z clan, becaue MUH progressive powerlevels)
>All these events took a long time to describe but actually happened in an instant
t. 90% of chink cultivation novels

Whenever the MC gets too powerful for their area/world, they move on to the next one where their strength is nothing special. For example, they start in the weakest country on the continent where a certain tier of cultivation is considered invincible. They quickly reach that level, humiliating everyone who crosses them in the process, and then move on to the next bigger kingdom where their current level is average/weak.

When they are done with that, they move on to the next one and so on. By the point you are a god of a universe, you are fighting other gods who rule over multiple universes and then it just keeps getting bigger from there. Usually, the MC will completely abandon whatever characters they meet in one area once they have surpassed that area. Expect a beautiful talented women to fall for the MC and to then be abandonded once the MC gets very strong. She will realise he is too good for her and break off the relationship. This doesn't always happen and the MC might take her with him in which case she will also progress to incredible levels of cultivation (nowhere near as good as the MC though). Xianxia is very repetitive, as a rule.

>chink shills
Cast [Spiritual Jamming] [Anti Meditation Ward] [Anti Magic] [Immunity to Damage]

Nothing compared to my ultimate skill. [Winnie the POOH]

Manga and LNs are both translated by Yenpress so you have to deal with their translation speed that rivals a glacier. The translation itself is pretty good though aside from the LN translator making some weird translations for names.

>Manga and LNs are both translated by Yenpress so you have to deal with their translation speed that rivals a glacier.
Well shit, that sucks.

>YOU ARE COURTING DEATH
Oh god, you are giving me flashbacks. I remember reading Library of Heaven's Path and there was a point in the story where someone said "You are courting death" roughly once every three chapters. That phrase shows up in every single xianxia story without fail.

>Usually, the MC will completely abandon whatever characters they meet in one area once they have surpassed that area. Expect a beautiful talented women to fall for the MC and to then be abandonded once the MC gets very strong. She will realise he is too good for her and break off the relationship.

Into the trash it goes. The main reason to read these are the cute girls because why would I be reading a pointless power wank without the cute girls or the fun interactions between characters?

Jewpress releases a volume every 4 months and released volumes 1-5 up until now. Meanwhile a FanTL group that's much faster TLed volumes 6-8, but the FanTLer is busy with IRL stuff and we shouldn't expect vol. 9 until at least November.

oh i laughed

Manga can be read on Mangadex up to the newest chapter and the entire WN is completely translated so it's not that bad in comparison to some other series.

Is the fan TL quality actually good/accurate or is it one of those "Machine assisted translation" that people read because its better than nothing?

>xianxia
>character interactions
Pick one and only one.

Honestly, Xianxia is mostly just powerwank and face slapping. I've read a bunch of these stories and I wouldn't say any of them had particularly good characterization.

Some were better than others but it's just not something the writers/readers care about. My Disciple Died Yet Again was descent because it's a comedy which makes fun of a lot of Xianxia tropes and some stories were decent like Against the Gods (there's a lot to criticize but I think it's worth a read) but most Xianxia is trash.

Would Kirito be realistic in this, or would he just Mary Sue his way up the food chain?

Kirito is just a VRMMO player, he doesn't have a single power.

I can only laugh at those who unironically think that fagphone or shitbaru are the strongest isekai protags.

Attached: DemonSmile.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

Unless he's inside his game, he can barely beat Subaru, maybe. Even then a better choice and much more powerful would be Kite from .hack.

He definitely wouldn't be able to beat a powered up Subaru even inside his game and Subaru is near the bottom when it comes to Isekai protags.

Smartphone is pretty strong but not as strong as the more bullshit protags and Subaru is definitely near the bottom.

The FanTL is appearently a Nip -> Chink -> Burger translation. But the group made efforts to crossreference the Nip RAWs afterwards and released a "version 2" of their releases for vol. 6 and 7. They use some different terms compared to the YewPress TL though. However the YewPress release got its own problems, e.g. they messed up a lot with their vol. 5 skill sheet translation.

The Succubus

This isn't strictly isekai, but it kinda-sorta is. Does anyone happen to read Accel World? The anime was entertaining enough, how's the novel?

Attached: fatto-piggu.jpg (1600x1026, 111K)

Me too.

Attached: DevilSmile.jpg (562x309, 21K)

>JP -> CN -> EN
bleh, guess i'll just stick to the anime.

>It kinda sorta is
It's not Isekai at all, it's more VRMMO by the author of SAO and he even ties up both series together.

SAO used to be lumped in with all the other isekai because it's the same fundamental concept. Saying it's different becasue it's a video game (especially when most isekai are either games themselves or have game mechanics) is just arbitrary gerrymandering of genres.. It's splitting hairs on the same level as trying to differentiate reincarnation and summoning isekai. It's all the same thing with mildly different execution.

Accel World is basically halfway between modern isekai and the classic "school battle harem" type shows that used to be popular before isekai completely took over the trashy LN adaptation niche.

>fun interactions between characters?
The only ones that have those are parodies that make fun of the tropes like HNF or CCG.

It's not, Kirito and his harem constantly switch between real life and the videogame. Some of the fights/drama happen in real life and Alicization literally only happens because Kirito gets fucked trying to fight off a common thug in real life and ends up in some coma vegetable state so the best way to treat him is to toss him into the machine.

Accel world also has a lot of ties to sword art online and there's even a SAO x Accel world game so it's a completely different genre that has nothing to do with isekai.

>An actual seperate parallel world is equal to a "parallel world" that I can exterminate singlehandeldy by shooting at a few metal frames with an assault rifle
Well, if you say so...

Most of the ones posted here have cute girls and fun characters though?

>It's not, Kirito and his harem constantly switch between real life and the videogame
And so did Gate, Digimon, Narnia, and those sure as heck are isekai.
Being able to come back home doesn't make it not-isekai, and I believe that even a digital world is a valid "other world".

>Unironically comparing a fucking videogame to stuff where people actually go to another world
>Even tossing in western shit for good measure

yeah you're beyond help, here's my last reply because it's pointless to argue with retards.

Maybe that kind of digital world could count as isekai if Earth was secretly a digital world too, and they just ended up switching servers.

They do but often those are replaced with a new set of characters every time the MC reaches a new world.

Is there even any point watching any other Isekai after Slime? Is it the epitome?

If putting a VR headset to play a game counts as isekai then everyone playing VRchat is an isekai protag

is parasyte the maxim considered isekai? is there something like reverse isekai?

thats just shitposting as this point

>is there something like reverse isekai?
Hataraku Maou-sama is already a thing.

>managed to reach
He still needs big attacks and feats, like destroying a world with a wave of hand, unmaking multiple worlds with a word or slicing a multiverse with your big weapon. Does he have them?

I've heard that end of series slime is literally god, but what about shield?

>like destroying a world with a wave of hand, unmaking multiple worlds with a word or slicing a multiverse with your big weapon.

What's the point of storytelling when your characters just do this sort of shit?

Slime is indeed the epitome. ANN is so triggered that they are Hiding pic related. They released a translated version of the half-yearly media sales by franchise every time, but the moment Slime BTFOed all the Idolshit, they suddenly refuse to publish it in buger language!

Attached: MediaSales1stHalf2019.png (504x903, 76K)

He erased a single universe in a spin off that was nearing its heat death and made a new one for its inhabitants. Otherwise he prefers to create stuff.

Translation?

>reverse isekai
There's a couple. Hataraku Maou-sama, Re:Creators, Jahy, and a couple others.
There's also plenty that are just urban fantasy (or plain fantasy), and part way through the story a side character from another world ends up in the main story's world.

Re:Creators was such garbage though

Which xianxia series is that?

It's a waste of energy to make pointless big explosion, no substance attacks. Instead, Rimuru "teleports" to the moment you were born and paradoxes the shit out of you, ignoring the very concept of time itself. Or uses a space-time attack to ignore the distance across multiverses and strikes a full-powered single-target attack at you. Or throws an "imaginary punch" that ignores any defenses, equipment, abilities, etc. you might have, and strikes you in your most vulnerable spot, be it physically, spiritually, soul-based or anything else.

Nice fanfic. Are you an aspiring writer too?

I really hate powerlevel shit when it gets to the multiverse shit because it just sounds like two children in a park going "Oh yeah? MY madeup power is better than yours!!"

Sorry that's not impressive to multiverse characters

He is lying. Rimuru doesn't even do that and Babbies first favourite LN

I know but multiverse shit still sounds like two children trying to one up each other and bullshitting as they go

Or be a xianxia hero who visit multiversal auction house and putting his multiverses which were saved on his beyond spacetime ring into auction.
There, far better writing than any manchildren trying to one up its opponent.

I still haven't started my isekai novel i promised to start 2 months ago

Attached: 1466799424199.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

first column: ranking
second column: total physical media sales income (anime DVD/Blu-Ray, music releases, manga, LNs, NOT GAMES though) in yen
third column: title of the franchise
rest: type of media that the franchises released (normal circle) and the most profitable one (double circle)

1st: Tensei Slime
2nd: Idol Master
3rd: Kingdom
4th: Bohemian Rhapsody
5th: Promised Neverland
6th: One Piece
7th: Detective Conan
8th: Kamen Rider
9th: LoveLive!
10th: Oshiri Tantei

who are they selling them to? The chinese thought police?

How did slime become so popular? It doesn't make sense.

It's fun?
I like it for the same reason I've been enjoying Isekai smartphone a lot. The girls are really cute and MC is so hilariously and extremely overpowered that troubles get resolved pretty easily and the entire thing is more about the characters.

Attached: DyexJfzVsAEI0Gc.jpg (900x506, 52K)

But that's almost every other isekai. I watched slime and it didn't seem in anyway special. That's why it being number 1 surprised me.

its kid friendly overlord

Does it have to be special? It's just fun and enjoyable.

No, everything I said is true. Did you not read the WN and the afterstories that have been TLed so far? Or has it been too long ago that you forgot?
"Teleport" has been explained in the chapter before the epilogue, when Rimuru is "at the end of time".
Space-Time attack comes from Velzard, since Rimuru can use it thanks to his "Harvest Lord Shub-Niggurath"
Imaginary Punch is introduced in the afterstories.

Really Isekai has two parts: the author wants to do something/say something interesting about the world they transition into, and the MC is an interesting character whose viewpoint is given extra exposition thanks to the fish-out-of-water situation. Some of them only manage to really get one of those right, or even none. Sometimes you fall back onto harem shit, sometimes the world is just kind of cliche.

But some authors are huge autists for things like European military history and write things almost solely based around an actually interesting character, and success follows.

Attached: 19457.jpg (832x468, 51K)

First reason would be the character being a friendly slime. Making him a living DQ joke that goes around helping people proved to be very successful. The second reason is that the story centers heavy around building a civilization with the help of other people and op powers while retaining a very optimistic perspective. Last reason would be thta it has pretty solid world building and tons of chuunishit, which makes it stand out from other stories.

>But some authors are huge autists for things like European military history
Indeed.

Attached: CarloZen.jpg (2908x1920, 1.02M)

I'm honest with my desires and accept that the only thing I want from the S2 is more millim. A cute demon lord that becomes besties with MC and ends up everything with a cute nanoda is the best.

Attached: illust_73000498_20190203_225511.png (1312x1144, 797K)

Other isekai is all about muh slave and rape powerfantasy?

It hits all the right spots in comfy and world building. Plus Rimuru is a genuinely likable character. Good main characters can carry mediocre shows, like Kaos with Comic Girls.

No, it's the story about the Slime being corrupted and doing pretty immoral shit that's hard to notice unless you "look at it again". LN vol. 5-7 Rimuru does stuff like burger style regime change, spreading fake news, unleashing a literal DEVIL (lucky for the world, said DEVIL is a huge soulfag autist who lusts only for the jelly and doesn't care about doing "bad things" too much) onto the world. Then the Slime goes and joins a secret society and makes an enemy out of isekai!Rothschilds.

That's just you looking really hard into it

>a wave of hand, a word, a sword slash
>pointless big explosion, no substance attacks
How the heck do you get explosion or no substance from that?

>muh attacks
It's cute that you think these will be effective to multiverse characters

Touya I guess? Unless you don't consider it popular.

Attached: isekai smartphone.jpg (1920x1080, 189K)

I've been really enjoying the light novel of this but too bad it's not really popular or discussed

Yes the parts of the attacks that "cut the universes or multiverses apart" are a waste of energy since the energy is put into pointlessly doing damage to the surroundings instead of using it onto the target itself. It's the normal difference between AoE attacks and single-target attacks.
That said, I am not saying that Rimuru can contend with the high-level Xianxia MCs. Those just go way too far with their absurd power levels.

Sadly that's pretty accurate for most isekai.

You can't call that a "waste of energy" when it's effortless or a normal attack

It is wasteful to spend more energy than needed while damaging parts of reality that were not involved in the problem. Focusing the destruction only onto the target while avoiding collateral damage is more effective.

That's merely size, most xianxia worlds make earth look like a marble.

this shit was really hampered by the government... And they wonder why they are called roaches

Attached: 1483781933345.jpg (240x240, 8K)

multiverse stuff sucks

So, no feats for vs.

>feats
Sorry, but normalfag rules from Death Battle, VS Battles, etc. don't count on this contrarian board. In the first place the "feats" system is unfairly punishing well written "show don't tell" writers, because higher dimensional stuff can't be really shown well, but good writing still dictates doing so anyway, which results in "too vague feats that don't count". So take your shit elsewhere.

Well he did defeat Christopher Robin in baseball.