What has anime made you think about Japanese food?

What has anime made you think about Japanese food?

Attached: 1540901788416.webm (853x480, 2.57M)

Other urls found in this thread:

foodsafetynews.com/2019/03/michelin-star-restaurant-linked-to-deadly-food-poisoning-outbreak-reopens/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>not applying mustard next to the raw egg and onions sauce mix
Barbarians.

Beastars

Attached: louis foot.png (647x331, 74K)

Raw eggs (and vacuum packaged raw fish) would be 100% safe and would keep for years if people weren't absolute pussies about cold pasteurization with hard xrays. But even mentioning gamma radiation makes the uneducated squeamish.

Wait did they apply a word filter for onions s o y

Basically:
1) seal whatever you want to preserve in an airtight way so that no germs can get in
2) sterilize the contents with a hard xray source which will kill every single bacteria inside
3) food keeps for years inside, while still being raw

I went to Japan (parents forced me to accompany my imouto) and had raw horse, cooked horse, whale meat, various types of raw fish, and so much more.

And of course it affects the texture far less than freezing. You can keep the stuff at whatever the optimal temperature is without worrying about it spoiling

to prevent /pol/ from leaking into Yea Forums

Did you fuck your imouto?

But how am I supposed to have a conversation about Japanese cuisine without 醤油? Fucking mods.

Just call it nigger sauce.

>forced to go to Japan
Oh no the horror, I wish someone would subject me to the same fate

Attached: 1551910790718.jpg (600x540, 141K)

Japan is a 3rd world country outside of Tokyo

But then /pol/ wins.

Except for the fact that there is no risk of getting mugged, the transportation system is extremely reliable and perfectly mapped by google maps and that for 5 dolars you can pop into any 7 eleven and eat no matter where you are.
Only issue is the absolute foreigness of credit cards outside big cities and knowing nip but with google translate, using simple words and hand signals you can be understood.

The whole world is a third world country outside cities.

Yes, it happened because a /g/ mod got mad at being called a s-oyboy for using a certain type of keyboard

holy fucking shit they can't stop sucking their own dick
>be me in isekai
>meet the 20 iq natives
>natives happiry cooking stew
>native know nothing about Japan number won curture
>JapanMustRure.jpg
>step on tabre
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF RICE AND ONIONS SAUCE!?!???!!!?!?!
>another curturar victory by japan

kill me

Things were called niggers here before /pol/ became a boogieman. You skipped your board history classes again user-kun?

Shoutout to fag mods for word filter

>little tech and nature = 3rd world
Fuck off to Chicago and San Francisco then.

Anime has convinced me to try a good variety of japanese foods. Turns out I generally like them better than a lot of american foods. Most american foods have way too much salt, spice, or sugar while japanese foods have just the right amount of flavor.

I like onions sauce

no, imoutos are for protecting not lewding
by forced i meant my parents told me to take time off work and become my imouto's atm
i very much enjoyed the trip

Everything you said literally only applies to Japanese cities, which just adds to the point that the sticks in nippon are a 3rd world country.
>>little tech and nature = 3rd world
Also poor sewage, electricity, education, transportation.

I like it. Only problem is that thy didn't put in the extra effort to filter soi as well.

>poor sewage, electricity, education, transportation
Sounds like France.

How fucking new are you

Attached: c25.png (945x315, 196K)

Funnily enough Paris Syndrome applies weebs as well.

>Everything you said literally only applies to Japanese cities, which just adds to the point that the sticks in nippon are a 3rd world country.
So, you are saying you are likely to get mugged in the japanese country side? And you are telling me you can't get by with english in tokyo or osaka? Have you gone to japan user?

there are no weebs anymore
you're thinking japanophiles and even these are rare

>And you are telling me you can't get by with english in tokyo or osaka? Have you gone to japan user?
Not that user but everyone saying you can get by with English only in Tokyo is a meme. Yeah there's a couple signs and menus with English but if you're actually trying to ask for instructions or directions from actual nips they're clueless. I even remember trying something at Meiji shrine and the miko was confused to hell.

So there are no 1st world countries? the entirety of america, europe and china is like that except some rich houses.

Disgusting in ways normalized by their society and very inefficient for a mediocre result in a lot of ways.

the same way latinos are supposed to post on /int/ without referring to themselves in the first person

and yet they still have more stars than most western countries. really speaks volumes

Oh ok, I thought at first you were the first fag to respond back calling Japan a shithole. Glad you enjoyed your trip user, I'm currently trying to save to go with my bros in the next year hopefully

This. All their food is bland and boring. I'll take a good old American bbq over whatever shit Japan has.

>he thinks stars mean anything
Why do people take reviews about food from a tire company so seriously?

I want to try natto, otherwise I don't really care about it at all. I bet that egg on rice thing is good though

the Michelin Star system was invented to encourage people to wear out their tires road tripping, by advertising good restaurants all across the world
that's not a joke

>pour on the sugar and corn syrup or I can't taste anything
>good food
I bet you hate white rice too.

>I bet you hate white rice too.
White rice IS trash and serves as a mop. Why do you think asians always have to put furikake, onions sauce, or FRY the fucking thing?

I bet they eat only non-sticky pajeet rice.

As a heavily mediterranean influenced food country i have to agree, the tastes are nice but after a while you just want something with a bit more strenght to it.

As long as you use simple words they tend to get you, even more young people
The second you try to string three words together they get fucking scared as shit tho, i found asking slowly while using visual aids with google image search helped a ton.

>he doesn't know how to cook the rice
>he doesn't know which kind of rice to buy

Speak for yourself pleb, I exclusively get koshihikari for my zojirushi. It's nothing to rave about unless you're a turboweeb.

It's called cooking.

>puts tea in old rice
>wow sugoi sasuga washoku banzai

Like there is an alternative to rave about in pasta/potato area either. We are talking about basic boiled stuff without any additional items right?

Did she just pour milk over her rice?

No we are talking about carbs. Bread is superior than rice in many ways.

I find that hard to believe from someone who claims to eat koshihikari on the regular. You must be preparing it wrong.

old

when did they add the filter for onions

It's been years user

Attached: ba ka.gif (500x281, 1.87M)

Bread is cheating because it has multiple ingredients mixed in.

That it's often better than food I have access to.

Why do nips eat raw shit?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Shokugeki no Soma S3 - 04 [720p].mkv_snapshot_11.30_[2017.10.24_22.19.53].jpg (1280x720, 162K)

White bread has high fructose corn syrup on it.

before that anime was the most popular manga at the time?

I mean real bread not that shit

Definitely before Oct 2017

Attached: koe_no_katachi_fan_art_by_naejvince_dbe6mhn-pre.jpg (670x1192, 74K)

the manga getting scanlated was back in 2012/2013 iirc

I thought you were talking about when the movie released, the word filter for onions is a 2018 thing, but there have been many other word filters over the years

thats why, yeah havent posted here for a year or two, I've known about the other ones, s.oy is a surprise

I spent a bit over a year in rural Japan in high school as an exchange student and this is pretty much 100% true

It's like teleporting to the 1950's

Also my operative word for basically all Japanese staple foods is "bland".

Like everything anyone likes in Japanese cuisine is stuff generally considered a treat or a once-in-a-while thing. And even most of that is fairly bland. It's a pretty healthy diet though.

someone up top got a little too triggered over soya products being mocked
2018 was a bad year

Michelin Star restaurants are for foodies who are the biggest suckers and rubes after Audiophiles.

yup but those morons also dont realize lots of the medical equipment used on them for surgeries and medical procedures in general have been sterilized using that too. but dont tell them or theyll start boycotting hospitals

foodsafetynews.com/2019/03/michelin-star-restaurant-linked-to-deadly-food-poisoning-outbreak-reopens/

>food genius starred chef literally doesn't know how to tell false morels from real ones
>foodies are absolute retards and love to just eat like 1oz of raw shit a chef spends more time plating than cooking/preparing
sasuga

Well after actually living in Japan for an extended amount of time, I can say their palate is generally cleaner and healthier. They also have fair sized food proportions. I could buy a 440 yen full meal breakfast at Yayoiken on my way to work or home and feel pleased.

Attached: yayoiken-breakfast-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 163K)