Miss kobayashi's dragon maid

Finished the anime and manga in 4 days. DESU not really my type of anime/manga. I'm more into adventure types, but i did notice it had interesting parts like Tohru's father, the dragon ball ect. That I would consider the actual story, while the rest seems like filler episodes.
Now, since the fire incident with kyoto animations, I doubt there will be a S2 of the show, but in case I missed it, was there any news a season two for the show? How is the studio holding up in general and how will the donations help them?

MKDM and Kyoto animations thread

Attached: say-cheese-original-1.jpg (390x525, 257K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RDfjXj5EGqI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How did you finish the manga when it's still being continued?

Oh right I meant i read till the last vol available

You saw 14 episodes (+7 specials) and read the 150+ chapters of the manga in just 4 days?
Also yes, season 2 was confirmed but it might get delayed or even cancelled.

S2 could be still on since most if not all digital materials in Studio 1 are recoverable, and there may be Dragon Maid S2 stuff in there. Staffs can be replaced but the end product will be different.

>You saw 14 episodes (+7 specials) and read the 150+ chapters of the manga in just 4 days?
Why are you saying that like it's a big deal?

Yup, i watched the anime first but the story felt incomplete, so I started reading the manga. Again for a genre that doesnt interest me, the parts that I liked made me continue reading.

I really hope the show will continue, is there any site where i can follow the current state of the studio?

>is there any site where i can follow the current state of the studio?
youtube.com/watch?v=RDfjXj5EGqI

Attached: well shit.png (631x242, 35K)

>actual story
I would argue that's the worst part about this series, but as you said it's not your genre so I wouldn't be surprised if you disagreed.

Big if true

dragon maid was nice and fun to watch but ive had more fun reading the manga recently

I understand what you mean and I have friends who also watched and read the manga. They mostly like it because it's wholesome.
Now, while I dont mind animes/mangas like that, I'm more into stuff like Made in Abyss. Exploration, great story and characters/character development. MKDM has some of those aspects.

I like to take my time

How much was already done?

I haven't enjoyed a chapter in more than a year myself.

No one has said. We don't even know when it was planned to air. Presumably not before Winter 2020, since it hadn't been announced yet for fall, but Nijuuseiki Denki Mokuroku might well have been ahead of it in the queue, as well.

I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere that KyoAni were even doing S2, though. They may have been, but it's also possible it was another studio, in which case the fire will probably have had no effect on the schedule.

Did they ever say what exactly was recovered?

>Staffs can be replaced but the end product will be different.
That's only true for the worker bees, not the people whose vision informs a series. The end product will be VERY different.

If season 2 happens, I hope they skip over volume 8.

Why?

JC Staff will take care of it. At least they're more competent at adapting manga designs properly.

Thats not really that unbelievable
I could do that in 2 days

Attached: Screenshot_2.jpg (779x320, 32K)

You can realistically do that in a day.

The director of the anime died, even if kyoani makes season 2, it won't be the same

Why? From what i can tell the anime follows the manga

Big once it comes out as well.

And the berserk anime adaptations followed the manga. And one punch man season 2 followed the manga. All of them were bad though, even if the manga they adapted was good.
It's the director that translates the manga into anime. If the director doesn't know what he's doing, and the studio sucks, the anime will most likely suck too. Unfortunately.
I would rather not be optimistic about dragon maid season 2, even though I really loved the season 1.

The father part was shit and almist ruines the anime. Maid dragon is good only when its making jokes

With how the manga has been going I rather they didn't follow it.