3x3 Thread

You know the drill, Yea Forums.

Attached: 3x3 Anime.jpg (3264x3264, 2.68M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qv1SfsquJPY
pastebin.com/pq3Kt7zX
pastebin.com/wwiqPaH5
befunky.com/create/collage/
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/a couple of
mega.nz/#F!VvAlzYzT!32Ca0qvfqMjMYsGu9yUn6g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>You know the drill
Aren't you the guy who doesn't even know how to rate? 4/9 +Kaiba, Penguin, Konomi Kohara ~Tamers, Hare

Attached: 1537493073276.png (1599x1200, 3.98M)

3/5

2/2

Attached: 3x3.png (1057x848, 1.49M)

5/6 ~High Score, Kaiba
+SZS
7.5/10 -Fuujin
+Mononoke
4/5 ~Gatari, OP if anime specifically, since I like the manga.
+Ping and Pong

Attached: 3x3 manga 2.2.png (1209x1209, 2.34M)

why isn't anime's name a necessity on these threads yet? how am I supposed to know the series that posted, just by screencaps of their backgrounds? Even if pretty, that's not telling much.

2/3
Greedy/12
0/0

Attached: 3 by 3 19.png (900x900, 341K)

Not him, but the only confusing screenshot here is from DYRL, and it's not too bad either. Everything else is easy to recognize.

Attached: Eva.jpg (1440x1080, 157K)

++ Mawaru Penguindrum, Kaiba, Tatami Galaxy
+ Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
+/- Gridman, Guruguru
++ Mononoke
+Patlabor, Night on the Galactic Railroad, Tree of Palme, Mind Game, Erin
+/-Rahxephon, Gamba, Windy Tales, In This Corner of the World, Crusher Joe
++ Ashita no Joe
+ LotGH, Monogatari, Ping Pong
+/- HxH, Urusei Yatsura
What's mid-right?

Attached: 3x3 anime.jpg (900x900, 218K)

well not for me
I could also learn something new if I knew the titles

1/7, Mononoke is the only one I didn't find boring

>What's mid-right?
Dunbine.

Low tier queer

Low tier queer

Low tier queer

Mid tier queer

Low tier queer, mid tier queer aesthetics

Attached: queer core.png (786x1097, 1.67M)

5.5/6 ~Tutu
Don't skip my grid so casually.
5.5/8 ~Casshern, Kaiba, Egg -Belladonna
You too.
You can also learn a lot from rec charts, I think that's were you should start honestly.

>screencaps of their backgrounds? Even if pretty, that's not telling much.
Main cast members/titular mecha are present in every single frame. Stop phoneposting.

I'll rate in a few hours probably if the thread is still up

Attached: 3x3.jpg (3264x3264, 2.69M)

6/6
10/10
4/8 -LOGH,HxH,OP,Haiku
Hey buddy I can see your artifacts. If you need help making a mosaic ask the autist that's probably going to post soon.
9/9
There's nothing queer about Free you dumb homo.
9/9

Attached: I've only seen 9 anime.jpg (928x928, 232K)

~High score girl, Tatami, Kaiba. I need to rewatch tamers.
+Mind Game ~Patlabor, Mononoke, Galactic Railroad, Windy tales
++Ping Pong, AnJ +LoGH ~Urusei Yatsura. Monogatari depends on season and I can't remember which one that's.
+Tutu ~Eva, Mononoke, Dennou Coil. What's top left?
+Angel's Egg, Lain ~Casshern, Tatami, FLCL, Kaiba, EoE
2queer4me

Attached: 2x3.jpg (3264x1474, 1.04M)

I'm OPs evil clone, here to crash this faggy thread with no survivors. You can call me... NEGA-OP.
0/9
0/9
0/9
0/9
0/9
0/9
0/24
0/9
0/9
0/6(66)

FUCK 3x3 THREADS.

Attached: Negative 3x3 Anime.jpg (3264x3264, 1.92M)

4/5
3/3
3/5
3/3
3/4
4/4
6/6

Attached: 743B428B-A2B1-4703-9DDA-2009EE810549.jpg (920x920, 381K)

AHHH DON'T OPEN THIS IMAGE IT RELEASES MUSTARD GAS

not on phone and it's not like I know these either
having names would be cool

any FMP watcher is my friend

>NEGA-OP
Ahem... very problematic.

1/1
1/1
1/1
2/4

Attached: 3x3anime.jpg (3999x2630, 2.15M)

That’s how I feel as well

2/3 +Tatami, SSSS -Zetsubou
3.5/5 +LotGH, Ping Pong, Monogatari ~One Piece (Onle read 150 chapters) - HxH
Havn't read this stuff, but your 3x3 looks cool
1/1 Eva was good
3/5 +Tatami, FLCL, Eva - Utena, Lain
Some of this is good some isn't
Havn't seen any of this. Is Lupin good?
i like the blue theme
2/2 +Haruhi
1/2 +K-On! -Gurren
5/5 +K-On!, Haruhi, F/Z, S;g

Attached: 3x3v2.png (999x999, 1.36M)

Whatever happened to Baja user?
IV was my favorite season. Not him BTW.

Well then I guess it's a good thing people tend to spoonfeed all the titles anyway. Just read the thread.
DualGundam killed himself. Tragic loss.

>DualGundam killed himself
Did he actually?

What did you like about space dandy? I'm on episode 3 and already on the verge of dropping

I found you, faker!

Attached: Real OP.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

Give it at least until episode six or seven. I liked it right from the jump but I have heard a lot of people say that it took them a few more episodes than normal to get into it. Every episode is very different, they changed up episode directors and storyboarders almost every episode so there is a lot of variety.

Pro-tip: Google the good episodes and exclusively watch those. A bunch of episodes are worth watching for animation and directing alone. Assuming the comedy doesn't resonate with you, watching the rest would just be a waste of your time.

What? Did Duel actually kill himself? I post on /m/ and this is the first time I've heard anything about it.

2/4
3/3
0.5/1
4/4
2/4
2/2
2/3
2/6. Is top left Dennou Coil?

Attached: 3x3.jpg (904x904, 197K)

I get the feeling these threads are becoming a bit too regular ...

3/4

5/7

3/8

2/3

3/4

5/7

4/5
No Bingo.
Why didn't you include a pic for Free?

6/8

6/7

3/5

2/5

0/5
The trip doesn't make you appear any less absurd, user. You certainly don't need one in here to be recognizable anyway.

3/8

Attached: 3x3title.png (1476x1110, 1.58M)

... and manga.

0/1

Attached: manga3x3.png (999x999, 981K)

They already are completely regular.

Here, user, just for you. Enjoy.

Attached: 3x3blue.png (999x999, 1.2M)

We wouldn't need a new thread every day if people bumped them when they are almost dead.

>They already are completely regular.
They are becoming even more regular, lately.
Within the last few days, they tend to appear every day and always around the same time (early evening in Europe, noon in America).

>Eva.jpg
Listen, nerd. The pyramid was already the HQ in Raideen.
Since you seem to care so much about his current whereabouts: No he didn't I think. He probably just stopped posting. Must be annoying when every autist on /m/ constantly accuses other people of being you.

Attached: 1563825191344.png (640x480, 411K)

>Listen, nerd. The pyramid was already the HQ in Raideen.
How has the show aged? Or would it be better to watch the remake?

Depends on your priorities, I'd say. Poorly animated, extremely repetitive and formulaic, truckload of stock footage, but the similarities between Raideen, RahXephon and Evangelion are pretty amusing. Almost every single superficial similarity RahXephon and Evangelion share can be traced back to Raideen. Be it the protagonist's "love interest" piloting planes and/or military vehicles and his mommy issues, the design of the father, the non-metal mecha, Christian symbols in form of nuns, papal hats, crucifixes, the mother having special abilities ("Gatlantian" and direct connection to the creation of the titular mech since she's the queen), introspective experiences of one's death and suffering, mecha growing in size during final showdown etc. Both shows even copied entire episodes. Conceptually, Raideen e24 is basically RahXephon e14/Evangelion e10.

tl;dr: if you have a hardon for super-robo or simply want to see where Anno/Izubuchi got their ideas from, it's worth watching. Otherwise it's a waste of time. There's nothing the show does very well, it doesn't look good and it's 50 episodes of the same repetitive shit. Can't comment on the remake. Only watched the original for research purposes.

Attached: 1557992599260.png (640x480, 407K)

Guess I will try it at some point. I mean I watched Ultraman and Ideon just for the same reasons and somehow managed to get through them.

4.5/10
8/10
6/10
6.5/10
6/10
But Utena and RoV are more manly than any shonen
9/10
9/10
7/10
4/10
3/10
3/10
7/10
6/10

Attached: 3x3.png (1836x1042, 3.88M)

You really have to stop with those out-of-10 ratings. I have no idea what they're supposed to mean. No idea how many of any grid you know, nor how many you like. All could basically be you just rating one single thing per grid, or you not knowing any and just rating the pics.

>when the people with the girl anime get higher rating than a fellow CHADxephon poster
Real taste my ass.

Attached: 1553735917667.jpg (6141x1080, 486K)

can you list yours?

Nothing personnel kid

Read the first 10 posts of the thread. They've all been named.

Attached: 1534682346346.png (2116x2160, 503K)

I'm surprised this is the first time i see Chihayafuru on a list considering how good and popular the anime was

>Chihayafuru
>considering how good and popular the anime was
Was it? I've never seen it, and I've never read or heard anyone talk about it. Then again, it's not the kind of anime I watch.

5/6
2/2
6/6

Attached: complete.png (1080x1080, 1.59M)

I remember seeing daily threads when it was airing and i still do see a thread pop up once in a while, it's similar to Your Lie in April and March Comes in Like a Lion but with karuta.

Well, I wasn't around in when it aired. (The mid-to-late 2000s) were when I took a break from anime altogether because no anime of that time really spoke to me. And I guess I don't notice these threads because, like I said, it's not my cup of tea (same for the other two you named).

1/1
2/4
2/2
1/2
4/24
3/3
1/3
6/8
3/6
2/5
2/4
4/5

Attached: 3x3.png (932x928, 1.8M)

Some real celebrities in this thread. Multiple Evageeks posters and even the website's admin.

Attached: 1559128092699.png (629x612, 198K)

ohmygosh act naturally!

Attached: 1502138538030.jpg (374x267, 25K)

7/7
1/1 AmaBri was awesome

>Baja user is gone

This is depressing, he seemed cheerful and wanted to share his tastes with others. It was shit taste, but at least he never tried to impress anyone and was just himself.

You think he'll mind if we post his 3x3 and 6x6 one last time?

Attached: good night sweet prince.png (1365x920, 1.27M)

Attached: he was one of a kind.jpg (1835x1835, 1.16M)

2/3 (for the "real taste")

4/6

2/3

It's still 0/1
and still too many: ~65%
But I'm sure he'll be back, eventually.

What is absurd about liking CGDCT?

Do you two come as a pair?

Attached: 1556093319533.png (1035x1622, 1.94M)

In itself, nothing. But your grid does stand out for that and other very ... "peculiar" things on it. It's not very varied and only has picks most people would class as questionable. (We've been over that recently.)

However: I do get the impression that you are desperately trying to build up some kind of "persona", especially now that you're using a tripcode (which is generally discouraged, unless you have a reason, but I digress).
Of course, ending up with a persona can't really be helped in here, where we do recognize people by their grids ... yet you do seem to want to force that.

That's what I do find absurd, all things considered. If you think that's the way to go, okay, your choice, no problem. I just thought I'd share my thoughts.

Thanks for sharing
>other very ... "peculiar" things
What like NHK, Fate, and Yamada-kun? Those do not seem peculiar to me.

>Those do not seem peculiar to me.
Believe me, they are. At least Fate is quite peculiar and tends to say a lot about people who pick it.

Fate is not very strange, it's simply a battle anime.
>tends to say a lot about people who pick it.
Are Fate fans known for being strange? I do not post in fate threads or participate in any Fate communities online so I wouldn't know.

My Lord, pay no attention to this knave.

>it's simply a battle anime.
Yes. And not much more. (It has some very nice character designs, I grant you that.)

>Are Fate fans known for being strange?
Their reasons for liking fate (over so many other things) usually seem strange. Let me ask you: What do you like so much about it?

I find to be a fun battle series, with an interesting and enjoyable plot and characters.

top left is FLCL

Do you do anything with your research?

unironically

Attached: DD240BB4-9397-4F16-B776-D6B63588D840.jpg (896x900, 342K)

Okay, let me ask this way: What makes you like it over to other battle anime? What does stand out about it?

Because, you know, the writing and characters (from what I have seen of it) are very much run-of-the-mill.
I assume you do feel some connection to one of the characters or something like that? Or maybe it simply was one of your first anime?
Those are legitimate reasons to favour something, of course, but there should also be something else that you can find in it.

Not the user you replying to but i think it had some of the best looking battles I've seen to date, also i really liked having a somewhat edgy MC without him being cringy. also ufotable always makes good looking shows but i think this one especially had some really good background art.

> What makes you like it over to other battle anime?
I find shounen battle, for example, to be drawn out way to long, too simplistic and childish, and has a boring and predictable plot. with Fate, each series has a reasonable length, it is much more mature, and more complex and interesting
It was not my first anime. I do feel to connected to the characters (especially Sakura) because they are fleshed out and following them through their journey builds a connection.

Not really. I write reviews, although it's probably closer to taking notes, given how most of my documentation is a mere accumulation of bulletpoints I'd never publish. Helps me remember what it was I (dis)liked in more detail, instead of merely remembering that I (dis)liked something. RahXephon is a special case. I somewhat casually delved into various different fields to figure out what Izubuchi was primarily inspired by. Watching a lot of bintier mecha shows was somewhat required. There's not a lot of other anime I felt the need to do that for though I don't think I'd do it again.

>Well, that's fair. It does look nice. Fluid animations, nice cinematography. And I know some people do rate anime mostly for their visual appeal. But there are so many good-looking anime out there, that I'd not single out Fate.

I see. I do think you generalize a bit too much when it comes to battle shounen, but I get where you're coming from. I do wonder though why you'd find Fate more mature. Any themes in particular that resonate with you?

>I do wonder though why you'd find Fate more mature.
Shounen tends to be more light hearted and simple, while Fate is more dark and complex.
>Any themes in particular that resonate with you?
No.

Would you post a random example in a pastebin or something so as to show how much detail you usually go in to? It's something I've been contemplating doing myself so it would be helpful if only for a vague guideline. If that counts as publishing then nevermind.

It's a combination of many things, the amazing animations, the edgy MC, the setting is interesting (this one gets boring after you watch more than 3 Fate series) thankfully this one was my second, the characters are likable ( Kirei,Rider and Gilgamesh are all pretty cool),the OST was pretty good and plenty of other things that i probably forgot since i last watched it 5 years ago, i will admit that it being one of my first anime(s) does probably play a role which is why i am planning to re watch some of the shows on my list that i didn't re watch in over 3 years and see if this is just nostalgia or were they truly great.

3/3
4/4
1/1
2/2
3/4
3/3
2/2
1/1
4/4
2/2
2/2
4/4
2/2
0/1
0/1

Replaced Miho with Chovy since I saw someone rate mine by character.

Attached: 3x3.jpg (917x917, 630K)

youtube.com/watch?v=qv1SfsquJPY

Attached: entry-level alt 3.png (750x750, 1.03M)

>Fate is more dark and complex
Well, see ... I'd dispute that. Darker it is, sure. But why would it be more complex?

>No.
Well, themes are usually what add "complexity". So maybe you should ponder those, if you do care about how anime are written. They also do enrich character arcs and give you something to take away from all of it.

Fate, at least the parts of it that I know, do remind me a lot of Game of Thrones, in a way. (Another thing that I find not as complex as some claim it is.) In the end, there's simply nothing I could connect with on a meta-narrative level, and plotpoints seemed to happen just because.

Again, I've said before that I do believe you that these are your favourites and that I respect your honesty. I still find your picks quite unusual and a bit arbitrary, from an outside perspective.

Are you 12 years old?

That's fair, I guess. I think I've made it clear that what I mainly look for in anime (and other media) is something differenct and that I regard most of the things you listed as secondary - other than likable/relatable characters, which I nonetheless did find a bit lacking in Fate, but that's a subjective thing.
As for the nostalgia aspect, I do think it plays a huge role for most people in here and no one would deny that. So no problem with that.

>themes are usually what add "complexity". So maybe you should ponder those
I will admit that I am not very good picking up on themes in anime (or anything for that matter), so I do not give it much thought unless it's more blatant. I never thought about Fate in terms of it's themes before, so I probably do not relate to them if I can't even recognize them.
>give you something to take away from all of it.
I don't see it as necessary to take away something from an anime, I see Fate as a great on it's entertainment value alone.
> I still find your picks quite unusual and a bit arbitrary, from an outside perspective.
I understand.

This one's just a snippet so I don't mind. Those notes are published, too pastebin.com/pq3Kt7zX so Google gets you the whole thing. However, for obvious reasons I didn't really go into detail in that review. The amount of time I waste on "research", and the amount I write (usually) for myself, entirely depends on how attached I am to something. I recently rewatched GITS, a movie I wasn't particularly fond of, and found myself reading up on traditional buddhist music, bells and a few other things to gain a better understanding of what Wakabayashi and Kawai were actually going for, afterwards.

I don't think there is a guideline to be honest. Some works have a lot of elements that can easily be traced back. For Evangelion it's mecha shows, since the show itself is one giant homage to the subgenre and there's hundreds of small, almost insignificant references. For A Tree of Palme it's the 3 Gunas of Hinduism, albeit not hard to discover since Nakamura only changed 2 of the 3 names. I am sure for something like Flip Flappers you could write 50 pages if you really wanted to. A lot of information is somewhat exclusive to art-,databooks or movie pamplets, of which most aren't scanned or publically available. So you'd have to buy them and be somewhat fluent in Nipponese. You'll quickly realize whether or not this is something you enjoy. And if you need feedback and gratification, you can always make a blog. I am simply not the type who does that because I don't consider myself competent enough in the fields I wish to comment on.

I guess we just have different things we look for in anime, for me entertainment = quality without any consideration whether I've seen something similar to it or not.
I will try to watch more of the "artsy" anime in the near future, the only one i liked so far is cat soup so if you got anything similar to it feel free to rec if you wanna.

That's okay. It's your own way of enjoying things.
I do generally get more enjoyment from narratives when I can understand them on a deeper level and find out what connects multiple characters and the plot.
A thematically concise, well-written story can often even save something that's otherwise bland for me, and even make it highly enjoyable. In that way, I'd say taking that approach to anime does pay off.

As for "taking something away from it", well, that does give the anime some relevance outside of itself. It alows me to draw parallels with other narrative media, like literature and find commonalities that then have some value for "real life".

>I will try to watch more of the "artsy" anime in the near future
I wouldn't necessarily recommend "artsy" things. Those do tend to overdo it on the surface without actually having much of a theme at all. Yuasa's stuff, for example, always has the pretense of thematic depth, but whether it actually has that seemingly depends fully on the source material and how well he manages to adapt it.

Most "everyday anime" do provide some interesting insights, if you pay attention.
If you want a good mix of artsy style and down-to-earth traditional storytelling, maybe something from Satoshi Kon might interest you. Perfect Blue, for example.
Ghibli/Miyazaki things could be mice for simpler, but very thematically coherent stories.
But, really, none of those things are even among my 9 favourites, and if you look at those, you might be surprised where I tend to find the themes I'm looking for.

3/7
Rate others. Unironically.

Anime: 5/8
Characters: 6/8

>since I saw someone rate mine by character.
That'd be me. I tend to do that for 3x3 that sport one character per anime/manga, as I usually assume that there's a reason for why that character was picked to represent that thing.

1/4

Gridman was great. Tamers was Konaka, and thus good. Tatami Galaxy was not good, however, and Ikuhara is for sodomites.
Ping Pong, UY and Joe are cool. LOGH is for people that pretend to like history without actually reading history. I'm reading through Longshanks' history at the moment and its miles more exciting than fake history. Treachery, conquest, unexpected deaths, interesting policy, exciting battles. Real history is the best.
I also hate Monogatari and dislike OP and HxH.
Why Zetman?
Pretentious "anime is art"
I'm surprised that all of those are actually for sodomites. And I don't like a single one of those.
I don't necessarily like the shows, but this is nice to look at.
Ironic weeb
Post in format
I feel filthy for having looked at this.

Attached: 1564642623174.png (1200x1200, 3.38M)

Based retard

Read the full thing, very compelling. Didn't read the spoiler part since I haven't seen RahXephon yet but I'll come back to it when I have and also check out that short story (it's strange how the wikipedia entry doesn't even mention it).
I'm assuming you wrote this much because you're extremely attached to it though, what about something you like only slightly or are indifferent towards, or that doesn't have as much to unpack as RahXephon? A few paragraphs?

Sorry CHADxephon bro, but you put in too many from movies and I don't think anime is a medium that's carried by movies.
I don't know how you can stand Koe no Katachi after the beginning part, it's so corny and overdone.

What's overdone about it? It shows the behaviour of a boy who grew up with no father. Its quite believable.

>I usually assume that there's a reason for why that character was picked to represent that thing.
I did it mostly because it's easy to recognize a series based on its characters. I used screengrabs from each show instead of art for consistency's sake as well.

>Is Lupin good?
It is such a varied franchise there is likely something for everyone to like. Give it a try.

It goes for too much of the 'they're just a couple of sweet kid and they're so sad' bit

Green jacket and blue jacket are the easiest to get into and the best ones. Red has a lot of trash in the mix and pink is not enjoyable.

What are you talking about? Ishida isn't a sweet kid. His friends aren't sweet kids. They're all little dickheads.

>I did it mostly because it's easy to recognize a series based on its characters.
Sure. But if you use specific character (that might not even be the main characters) for whatever reasons, why not use your favourites?

Well, like said: That's merely a snippet. It doesn't address my thoughts beyond very superficial levels. I tried pretty hard to avoid spoilers. So characters, world building, plot strings, copouts, red herrings and many relevant narrative elements received the short end of the stick and never made it into the published version. Total amount written tends to depend on how compelling the work was, or how disappointed I was with its execution, e.g. for Palme I felt the need to make pic rel, for Happy Sugar Life my notes look like this pastebin.com/wwiqPaH5 and for Little Witch Academia I typed out two thousand words because of how disappointed I was with Trigger's execution, given how the show had a pretty strong setup and a solid foundation (commentary on old and young animators, Disneys 9 old men etc.). However, I don't force myself. If I am indifferent towards something, or if I don't feel the need to write anything, then I don't. I didn't write shit for K-On for example.

Attached: 1555560183814.jpg (1970x2280, 244K)

How severe is your autism?

Did I said his friends? Can you count up to a "couple"? Ishida was pretty much a vanilla sweet kid who just wanted to make nice after the backstory bit.

Are you talking about after the flashback? I have no idea what your problem with it is. Please be clear.

Is interchanging backstory with flashback really that unclear?

Not very, otherwise people wouldn't hire me to represent them. I am merely obsessed with my hobbies.

Thanks user.

Attached: [EG]Zeta_Gundam_48_BD_V2_RAW.mkv_snapshot_04.32.683.jpg (994x720, 75K)

What on earth are you talking about? Stop with your tranny discord speak. I'm not in your groups so I don't know what you're referring to when you say vague statements.

>tranny discord speak
Alright it looks like you were just a baiting Yea Forumsermin, bye.

Attached: 1558121534571.jpg (1080x1080, 205K)

Explain what you meant, you posturing monkey. I'm not going to play your games of responding to vague comments with more vague comments. So far, you have said nothing. I want to know what point you were making so write it put coherently.

He said you're crossboarding, dumb faggot

That's pretty idiotic considering I've been a regular in /3x3/ for over 3 years.

Have you considered that maybe you're just illiterate considering you for some reason actually thought I made any of mention of Ishida's dickhead friends in my initial post? That seems like a more sound assumption.
>It goes for too much of the 'they're just a couple of sweet kids and they're so sad' bit
>What are you talking about? Ishida isn't a sweet kid. His friends aren't sweet kids. They're all little dickheads.
>His friends aren't sweet kids. They're all just dickheads.

>'they're just a couple of sweet kids and they're so sad' bit
What bit is this? It's extremely vague and doesn't refer to anything in particular. Sounds like you didn't watch the movie from this.
And who are you referring to if not his friends? Who are the "couple of sweet kids"? Stop being a dumbass and write something that makes sense, instead of your inside-joke level comments.

How is that vague in anyway to refer to the two main characters as a couple of sweet kids? Were there a bunch of other sweet kids around who were a couple? Were they also sad? Gee who could he be talking about I wonder?

In my language, couple means a few. A couple of kids means a small numbers of kids, 3-4.
Now that you've made yourself clear, what specifically don't you like about the relationship between Ishida and Nishimiya? How was it overdone?

If I make a 3x3 will people help me find other stuff I might like?

No because this isn't a rec thread.

Attached: mosaic8aba8e246a0258071ae734ee47c32658685eaf1e.jpg (908x908, 241K)

It's not even possible to find guaranteed things you might like based on your nine favourites.
But, yes, sometimes people will hint at some things. That's neither the reason nor the purpose of these threads though, and your goal should not be to get recommendations.
Instead, just try sharing your taste and taking interest in other people's tastes. You might profit from that in other ways and maybe even find something that interests you by chance.

>In my language
Ok, I thought we were speaking english here, and usually a 'couple' means two in terms of quantity. Why do you think we refer to a relationship between two people as a 'couple'. It's honestly hysterical that you even tried to accuse of being vague.
>what specifically don't you like about the relationship between Ishida and Nishimiya? How was it overdone?
I already explained it to you. I found the characterizations corny because it was just boo-hoo look at these couple of cinnamon rolls they're so sad, they hate themselves and have no confidence cause their lives are so sad. Just a lot of over the top victimizing.

>In my language
Ok, I thought we were speaking english here, and usually a 'couple' means two in terms of quantity. Why do you think we refer to a relationship between two people as a 'couple'. It's honestly hysterical that you even tried to accuse me of being vague when you don't even know what words mean ESL.
>what specifically don't you like about the relationship between Ishida and Nishimiya? How was it overdone?
I already explained it to you. I found the characterizations corny because it was just boo-hoo look at these couple of cinnamon rolls they're so sad, they hate themselves and have no confidence cause their lives are so sad. Just a lot of over the top victimizing.

Okay, my bad.
>That's neither the reason nor the purpose of these threads though
>You might profit from that in other ways
What IS the purpose of these threads?

>ESL
I speak English, not American. Maybe if you used words properly instead of making typical American mistakes, you'd sound less retarded.
>I found the characterizations corny because it was just boo-hoo look at these couple of cinnamon rolls they're so sad, they hate themselves and have no confidence cause their lives are so sad. Just a lot of over the top victimizing.
That didn't happen. There was one scene where everyone was upset and that was because Ishida was being a prick to everyone. The sympathy porn meme is stupid because it never happened.

Tell me what kind of english has the word 'couple' meaning 3 or 4 instead of 2?
>That didn't happen
Yes it did.
>There was one scene where everyone was upset and that was because Ishida was being a prick to everyone.
Who's the one being vague now?

>What IS the purpose of these threads?
Comparing your taste with other people's tastes. Maybe talking a bit about why people have certain tastes that differ from yours. Finding out about other people's viewing habits and such.
You can see lots of that happening in here, actually, and mostly in a relatively respectful manner.

>Tell me what kind of english has the word 'couple' meaning 3 or 4 instead of 2?
Colloquial English.
Not him, by the way. I just find that argument you're having here a bit ridiculous.

That's more esoteric though right? It's commonplace for the word 'couple' to mean two in terms of quantity.

>they're just a couple of sweet kids and they're so sad
>couple of sweet kids
>of
emphasis on the sweet kids
>couple of
implies multiple kids
>kids
children, not 17-18 year olds
If you wanted to say something that made sense, you would have said
>They're such a sweet couple and they're so sad

>Who's the one being vague now?
Not me, because there is one scene in the movie where that happens, towards the end on the bridge. Ishida says what he dislikes about all of his friends and then they all get pissed at him because he's being an absolute dickhead. Stop deflecting. Be specific.

you look really dumb right now

Stop arguing about nothing you fags

Attached: 1508341925733.png (490x392, 200K)

Point me to a scene which illustrates your point. Stop posturing. You haven't said anything other than reddit tier fake criticisms.

I don't really get it but thanks for answering. Maybe I'll join in one of these days just to try it out.

Just get picture of shows you like and put them in here:
befunky.com/create/collage/
Resize it a bit so it don't come out huge and then you'll be able to participate.

Please stop telling people to use those things when it's just as easy to make one by hand and yields far superior results on average.

It's not easier to make one by hand. It's far, far, far easier and at least 30 minutes quicker to use that site and resize it down to 900x900 and remove the gaps inbetween pictures.

>What IS the purpose of these threads?
Learning how to use image editing software.

Attached: 1554277227138.jpg (2880x2849, 3.98M)

>at least 30 minutes quicker
I can make you a handmade one within ten minutes (after getting all 9 pics). So ... unless your beloved online apps can do it in negative-20 minutes, I call bullshit.

>couple of
>implies multiple kids
It implies two, look up any dictionary
>kids
Now we're getting into colloquialism. There's nothing wrong with referring to students still in High School as kids or even a little bit into college. It's used to imply naivety from youthful inexperience.
>Not me, because there is one scene in the movie where that happens
Hey who knows with you. Ishida wasn't even acting remotely disagreeable enough in that scene for what it would take to make people think he was a prick, far from it actually people cheered him on to lay the smack down on that one duplicitous girl who kept denying her involvement in things. If anything him telling his dickhead friends their faults straight to their face is something most find cathar.tic. You trying to spin that scene as him a being a prick is simply dishonest, and I'd imagine outside of that scene you would be reluctant to find a scene where Ishida was remotely acting like a prick.

>I can make you a handmade one within ten minutes
How many handmade ones have you made? A lot. You've practiced. It takes 5 minutes using the site, tops. That's with messing around with the pictures, too.

>It implies two, look up any dictionary
Okay:

>merriam-webster.com/dictionary/a couple of
>a couple of idiom
>Definition of a couple of
>: two (things) or a few (things)
>It happened a couple of days ago.
>Can you lend me a couple of dollars?

So you're clearly wrong. Can you shut up now?

>It takes 5 minutes using the site, tops.
Yes, and it yields shitty results unless you put in lots of additional effort. Why do you think we get all those blurry upscaled grids that all look practically the same posted in here? Because you keep telling people to use those template sites no one needs.

>Not even a word definition
>Having to reach this hard
>: two (things)
I'm not even wrong because it includes my definition as priority.

I'll ignore the semantics because you don't know English very well.
>Ishida wasn't even acting remotely disagreeable enough in that scene for what it would take to make people think he was a prick
>actually people cheered him on to lay the smack down on that one duplicitous girl who kept denying her involvement in things
That's a very solipsistic way of viewing a movie. It was a moment of catharsis for "calling out the bullshit", but it also damaged the friendship he had with his friends. He was absolutely being a dickhead, even if what he said was true. There are some things you should not say to people if you want to maintain a good relationship with them, and Ishida crossed that line. When you look at his interaction with Mashiba in that scene, it's obvious to anyone that isn't self-obsessed that Ishida deserves to get punched in the face.

How did I do?

Attached: 鉄人28号 v1.jpg (3000x2800, 2.31M)

>it yields shitty results unless you put in lots of additional effort
Changing the dimensions is very easy. Moving a slider to get rid of the gaps between pictures is very easy. Here is a pokemon team I made in 5 minutes.

Attached: pokemon team.png (900x600, 366K)

Look at both of those examples, moron.
Do you think "a couple of days ago" means "exactly two days ago"?
Or if someone asked you for "a couple of dollars for a pizza", would you give him exactly two dollars?

You're arguing for a limited definition of "exactly two", not the other user. So if there's a second one, you are proven wrong.
And now, again: Stop this shit. It's off-topic.

Yet it did not take away any of the sympathy the viewer had for him because they all felt like his dickhead friends deserved to be told off, and there wasn't even any ramifications because they all made up without much further conflict.

Also don't throw in pseud words in there when simpler words like narrow minded fit the bill much better, this conversation isn't that deep moron.

Can't say I am a fan of television grids. Should limit yourself to individual episodes. Too many shots you could dispose of. [soiler]One of the reasons I don't make them. Making a grid for a movie takes no time. Just watch it at 5 times the speed. Grids for television shows are complete ass and require hours of investment.[/spoiler]

>there wasn't even any ramifications
Nishimiya tried to kill herself because she thought she was responsible for all of Ishida's friendships getting absolutely wrecked. The set it all aside once Ishida woke up at the hospital because that wasn't important anymore.
>it did not take away any of the sympathy the viewer had for him
You can sympathise with multiple parties, user. If you're mentally underdeveloped this could be quite hard for you. Mashiba did nothing wrong, though.

I could have done the same thing in the same time. And if I wanted to change it up in the future, I could just reload my file and exchange one pic withing one minute, without having to redo the whole thing. I could add a border or background in the future if I felt like it within a minute.
I don't quite get your point. Do you enjoy giving up creative contol over something you do to an algorithm you can't influence yourself? So much that you discourage other people from acquiring image editing skills themselves?

>Do you enjoy giving up creative contol over something you do to an algorithm you can't influence yourself?
Holy shit, user, it's not that deep. It's an easy way to make a collage that is accessible to everyone.

Ignore him, he has an autistic vendetta against online makers. It's like this every thread.

Shut the fuck up.

I see.
>Too many shots you could dispose of
Such as?

Attached: 1509138553814.png (1920x1090, 1.12M)

>It's an easy way to make a collage that is accessible to everyone.
Image editors are just as accessible and give you more freedoms. So why push people towards the lazy way so aggressively?

6/6 Nice ass list
7/7 I would be bros with you

Attached: 3x3asof2019.jpg (3264x3264, 2.28M)

The overshoulder shots for starters. None of them look interesting. It's kinda rare for those to even look good unless they are from the front, I feel.

Attached: 1544317916292.png (893x835, 1.76M)

Can you not take words out of their context to fit your own agenda? The ramifications I was talking about were the ones involving him and the relationships with his dickhead friends which was what the topic was about. You completely shifted into a different topic, when I was simply pointing out that him being a prick to his dickhead friend didn't really do have much ramification in relation to their social relationships which is what this conversation has been about up til now
>There are some things you should not say to people if you want to maintain a good relationship with them, and Ishida crossed that line

>You can sympathise with multiple parties
Who was there to sympathize with? Ishida already paid the price while the other kids were either in denial or unapologetic about it. The other characters were just milquetoast being there because they happened to be and Ishida being abrasive to them once while emotional isn't really that big of a no no. Who even cares about Mashiba, , he's can't even be a sidekick for emotional support just some guy who's there to fill space.

Post like this
lead to collages like this
user.

Look at it (and many others) at full resolution and tell me that you sending everyone to those sites doesn't produce lots of inferior image quality grids.

>The ramifications I was talking about were the ones involving him and the relationships with his dickhead friends
Yes, those relationships were ruined. He had no contact with them after the bridge. Nishimiya thought it was all her fault, because women are crazy, and tried to kill herself because of that. When Ishida woke up in hospital, his friends were willing to forget all of that because they were glad he was alive and that was far more important.
>Who even cares about Mashiba, , he's can't even be a sidekick for emotional support just some guy who's there to fill space.
user, don't tell me you've never had friends before? Everyone has a Mashiba in their group. Mashiba was just as much a friend as Kawai or Ueno.

Attached: 3x3.jpg (3264x3264, 1.64M)

>He had no contact with them after the bridge
I honestly don't know what you're talking about, considering they were all there with him in the final scene, Mashiba was even being super supportive.
>Mashiba was just as much a friend
In every group there will be some people who run things more than others, Mashiba didn't really do much other than be there to be a cheer guy.

>3264x3264
based

>鉄人28号
Speaking of, I made a grid of Tatsuya Oishi's episode a tiny while ago but it has a small fuckup that I don't have the means to fix right now. Instead, please enjoy this sick Yoshinari cut. Must be nice as a director to have a Gainax animator in your pocket who's willing to do constant, unconditional favours for you.

Attached: yoshinari.webm (854x480, 1.14M)

>I honestly don't know what you're talking about, considering they were all there with him in the final scene
They were with him in the final scene because they were visiting after they heard the news that he was awake. Ishida had no contact between the bridge and that scene. Don't speedwatch movies, user.

don't worry, i'm using ms paint

>i'm using ms paint
Unironically a better choice. If you know what you're doing.

Always late to these but fuck it
5/7
7/8
5/5
3/3
6/9
3/6
4/7
3/8
4/9
5/5
3/4
5/5
4/6

Attached: 3x3.png (1000x2000, 2.92M)

So they did have contact with him after the bridge then?
>He had no contact with them after the bridge
>Ishida had no contact between the bridge and that scene.
Ok so now you add in extra stipulations. But weren't there relationships supposed to be destroyed as you claimed. Looks like jumping off a building is a good idea to repair those relationships.
>They were with him in the final scene because they were visiting after they heard the news that he was awake.
So again zero consequences as jumping off a building turned out to be a beneficial thing all things considered to earn the love of your girl and have all your friends forgive you. Wonderful lesson kids.

4/5

2/4

3/6

5/7

Anime: 6/9
Manga: 2/2

>But weren't there relationships supposed to be destroyed as you claimed
Yes, hence why he didn't contact them, and hence why Nishimiya tried to kill herself.
>Looks like jumping off a building is a good idea to repair those relationships.
When people think you are dead, they're willing to look past an awful lot.
>So again zero consequences as jumping off a building turned out to be a beneficial thing
You sound retarded and you're too immature to understand this movie.

hand made 3x3s look so good

Attached: custom made mspaint 3x3.jpg (650x650, 101K)

I really need to get going so sorry if I can't respond to your next the guy/girl I was arguing with.

But anyways my final point is that Koe no Katachi literally weaponizes it's character's victimization to bait sympathy and feels out of retards. So that's why I don't think too highly of it.

>literally weaponizes it's character's victimization to bait sympathy and feels out of retards
Literally every story that evokes emotion does this. Every story is designed to manipulate your emotions in some way. And there's nothing wrong with this. Some stories do it in a bad way. Some stories do it in a good way. A Silent Voice does it in a good way and for a good reason because it shows context for why Ishida is the way he is, then shows his redemption. The message of redemption and the context behind it makes it a great movie.
If you want examples of manipulation done badly and for bad reasons, look at everything Gen Urobuchi touches. Misery porn and shock factor to get the fans to impulse buy the blurays. Or anything by Mari Okada. Anohana had a 10 minute crying scene where everyone shouted their feelings at each other. It's so bizarre and inhuman.

Friendly reminder that Colorful is Koe no Katachi done right.

Today's random picks. 9 random grids, one random panel each.
We didn't reach the 24-grids threshold in the last two threads.
Had to do my best to salvage the top-left panel from pixelation-hell and artifacts with noice reduction and a light Selective Gaussian Blur.

Raw:
>191543138+(5), 191527661+(4), 191539323+(6), 191530440+(4), 191528338+(7), 191551160+(3), 191530703+(7), 191529590+(6), 191527013+(5)

Archive:
>mega.nz/#F!VvAlzYzT!32Ca0qvfqMjMYsGu9yUn6g

Attached: rand191527013.png (925x925, 1.24M)

Never seen it. Where does it differ?

More believable characters, less rushed development and better climax.

>crossing (1,3), (4,4), (5,5)
You are loony.
I'd like to see it, I didn't actually take any screenshots from episode 3.

Attached: 鉄人28号 v2.jpg (3000x2000, 2.55M)

I'm guessing the theme is completely different as well. If you post spoilers I'll consider watching.

Not gonna convince you to watch the better movie it's up to you. The only thing that's worse is the animation but even then it's less moe than KnK which is preferable for the theme.

I read the wiki summary and it sounds worse.

>wiki summary
Might as well judge an anime from some shitty jewtuber's video

Anyone know what top center and bottom center are? Not getting results for either.

Tatami Galaxy (and all of Morimi's works) are incel propaganda with little concept of nuance in gender roles by 21st Century standards.

Idolmaster is a pseudo-harem that approaches the idol industry in a far too romanticized fashion to be of any real note.

Kaiji is a poorly made and horrifically directed show with an overly inexpressive art style and an utterly horrendous narrative flow.

3gatsu no Lion is an emo's wet fantasy, a cringe slapstick comedy and a pretend sports shounen wrapped into one turd of a series.

In This Corner of the World is a watered down Japanese film with chibi character designs and unfunny humor that ruins any sort of immersion.

Rakugo is a poorly animated and amateurishly directed show with shallow characters, artificial drama and little to no insight towards any of its thematic concerns.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is just about as bland and rough as the worst television that anime has to offer with its writing on par with slightly above average genre fiction at best.

Colorful is the most incel animated movie ever made. The author is a sexually frustrated hack incapable of any sense of self-reflection and awareness beyond his narrow worldview.

go back to /pol/ lad

I can tell you that top middle is Joshiraku. No fucking clue why he chose that image for it.

I agree with all of these except 3gatsu which was wholly enjoyable.

I've never seen idolmaster but the characters look familiar

thanks

Attached: 1554229323787.png (1364x1318, 908K)

top kek what site is that?

It's not the best since I kind of suck at making grids but I felt the need to catalogue Oishi's work regardless since I'm his number one fan. Whatever, don't say I didn't warn you.

Attached: oishi.png (1351x1498, 1.97M)

Whoops, the shot of Dr Furanken in his cell was from 3. Good episode, love the scene where Shotaro investigates the underground lab.

good
I don't get how anyone could put any *gatari except Bake
hipster
extremely 3x3core but good
this would be an above average chart
love it visually, good anime too
very good
bad
please do not become a long term tripfag
meh
not bad
Have to give this credit for not being the same old shit. Most of these are good too
Yuru Yuri isn't good user. It isn't
You don't see Kannazuki no Miko much anymore
good
>LOGH is for people that pretend to like history without actually reading history
Too true for Yea Forums to handle
>sodomites
Yea Forums's political LARPing heads in brave new directions every day
Admirable honestly in choosing Pokemon.
meh
meh
WHY do people put Katanagatari in these. Why. Please help me to understand
I think that was the point of Colorful. And Idolmaster

Attached: mosaiccb6b5fcf4241ccf2b0b187c7f1fe61aa1df185d3.jpg (920x920, 272K)

user, Ikuhara makes blatantly homosexual anime. It's for sodomites. If you've never seen them I can understand why you wouldn't know this.