Vinland Saga

>Superb adaptation of an existing work that was already god-tier,on par with the likes of Berserk
>Little to no shameless fan-service to pander to brainless otaku degenerates
>Creative blending of 2d and 3d animation in use of motion
> Greatest background animation in the industry
>God-tier seiyuu work for a 6 old kid
>Askeladdo voiced by Madara
>Askeladdo in an anime
>Askeladdo
>First even hail animation in an anime
>Based on a true story
>Uncommon setting for an anime
>Actual medieval stuff not Isekaishit or any other game gimmick based series

How can any other show in this season or year(besides Mob psycho 100 s2) even begin to compete?

Attached: cinegrid.jpg (5760x3240, 3.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=75WFTHpOw8Y
tickcounter.com/countdown/542720/vinland-saga-episode-05
twitter.com/nhk_animeworld/status/1157169265465651200
youtube.com/watch?v=WM8bTdBs-cw
aqstream.com/jp/nhk/NHK-G
twitter.com/V_SAGA_ANIME/status/1158038931239243776
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Quality wise? Barely
Sales wise? Easily

KnY adaptation is great.

That annoying yellow faggot ruins it for me.

Too bad the source material is bland

>gimmick based
that's funny since the only reason people are interested is the gimmick, Viking setting.

> I'll pay eight sheep for a soon too be dead slave
I hate it

Jojo Pt 5 and Zokuowarimonogatari are better tought those are from the previois year certainly.

Thats the dumbest shit ive heard. Its like saying that Eva is only liked for its flesh mecha gimmick. It is a interesting setting to draw an audience but not what keeps them watching, its either the story or the characters.

If it's end at Farmland saga, it's masterpiece

it's a great adaptation of mediocre source material
Vinland Saga is a good adaptation of amazing source material

based Askechad fag
one of the best character ever

P.S anglos arent humans
Brittania is celto-roman
kill them all

Attached: 1564335684598.png (1920x1080, 969K)

Kino

Attached: ea0e9fe6-819b-4b17-a9f5-b5ccd99eaceb.gif (540x304, 2.94M)

Most of the times it looks pretty bad. Still in the top four of the year so far though with Mob II, Dororo and Sarazanmai.

>Sarazanmai
Why?

>That annoying yellow faggot ruins it for me.
Same

K. I love both series. Now what?

>Why?
Well, I know those other ones don't hold a candle. In fact maybe putting Dororo in there was an exaggeration. But it's just that the show didn't have that strong competition.

>Now what?
I'm coming to teach you a lesson, stay where you are for ~30 minutes

bros I was so afraid when I saw the trailer because the cgi looked wierd

where did everything go so right?

I always trust WIT.

Attached: modelren.jpg (1920x1080, 193K)

I'VE PAID MY DUES

IVE SOLD MY SOUL

Attached: 9ac0cb67-657a-4f76-b690-204261f25d95.jpg (675x723, 164K)

would've preferred no cg but i can live with it

Back when the first announced the anime adaptation I cried of joy.

Fire Force is also looking great.
Boogiepop also had great tone and atmosphere throughout.
>>Creative blending of 2d and 3d animation in use of motion
To bad it also looks like shit.

People keep talking to me about some shitty viking show on netflix or something like that and I keep ignoring them. I only need Vinland Saga.

>mob psycho s2
Fuck sake OP for a second there I thought you had good taste

More like fan-service force. Great sakuga and SHAFT direction doesn't save a lackluster source-material.

Attached: really.png (1280x720, 1.03M)

Fan-service doesn't bother me and plot is the thing I am least interested in in an anime, so it works fine for me.

It’s boring garbage. MP2 was amazing though.

What didnt you like about it?

Too bad Boogiepop absolutely butchered the first arcs

>boring
ADHD ridden zoomer.

Outside of the great animation, it is mostly just an average shounen story.

So you just want meaningless sakuga? No good story or characterization? Might as well just watch AMV clips instead.

And it flopped so hard. Sure nips have shit taste, but I still can't comprehend how even objectively worse series like Sacred beasts could sell better. What do nips even want?

The pacing is terrible and the CGI is Overlord tier.

My favorite part is the direction, pacing and tone. And at least episode 2 showed some thematic depth.

>>Askeladdo voiced by Madara
You were trying so hard, but then your narutofaggotry slipped out

if only you know how bad things really are

Attached: 1564333487801.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

You can hate naruto all you want but Madara is a great character(great voice too).

Attached: myhusband_madarauchiha.png (1914x1080, 859K)

So narutards and manime fags are the same crowd? Jesus.

>Superb adaptation
>blending of 2d and 3d animation
Choose one

>hahaha look I'm hating naruto, do I blend in now?
go back

I read the manga and also think that it's too slow for anime. If you watch it after all episodes will be out the story will surely looks good. But for a weekly show they linger too much. And they even added a fucking filler for Thorfinn's childhood. I'm not surprised at all that anime only feel bored.

I remember when naruto cancer was banned from Yea Forums altogether. And now shits like you try to look like oldfags. Ridiculous.

Fucking based, they don't care about attracking the action crowd or the fan service crowd, started with the flashback, fleshed out Thorfinn more with fillers, I fucking love them, all the plebs are getting filtered.

naruto was banned because narutards are retarded spammers. That doesn't mean everything in naruto is shit. Stop being a contrarian retard

I'm not contrarian, I just don't have shit taste.

What's you favorite anime?

Good taste

Attached: 51C71763-77A3-4AA6-8653-A768E335503A.jpg (1278x1414, 373K)

> they don't care about attracking the action crowd or the fan service crowd
Are you an idiot? That's why they flopped. Now there will be no second season because no money from the BDs.

>started with the flashback, fleshed out Thorfinn more with fillers
you mean they fucked up the pacing? Yeah, that's really based

WIT...will find a way. I hope,Farmland is peak VS

Attached: nomenies.png (728x1034, 1019K)

>we're only getting 1/3 of an amazing series almost perfectly adapted instead of all of it getting shittily adapted for isekai niggers
oh no... what a shame

No I'm not an idiot, when did I say I cared about the fucking pre-order sales in Japan, I'm happy one of my favourite manga is getting a good adaptation even if its for one season. All you haters can fuck off and watch your shitty whatever shounenshit, isekaishit or fan-service shows that came out this season.

Room temp IQ if you really think the manga's way to start would work in anime. Do you really think a 3 episode flashback would be good pacing? Think for one second.

I wish I could back

in time to the days when naruto was bannable on sight on this board.

>All you haters
No, you are complete butthirted retard. Where did you get that I'm a hater? I wanted season two, but now there won't be one because it's a flop. And you should care for preorders if you wanted it too.

Naruto is the least annoying thing on this board.

Snk S3P2 is aoty.

EHfags ruined the anime.

If that's The Last Kingdom, it's good but the books it's based on are better.

>Stop having enemies

Attached: 9bc0db55-c94b-4dff-bb5f-32e2b1514a54.png (450x880, 206K)

so he managed to cut his beard but not his hair?

But he still has his beard in that page?

Does the next episode air on sunday or monday?

Attached: illust_20761299_20190801_025526.jpg (684x822, 123K)

It's fucking trash you cherry-picking nigger.

Stop misusing the term "creative". They're just using 3dshit for stuff that's difficult to craft in 2d like vehicles or backgrounds. There's nothing new or original about that.

Not OP but the use of CG is really good. Specially when you see how other anime have used it in the past without knowing how to blend the 3d with the 2d so it looks fluid. Though the CG in the first battle sequence was a little wonky at some shots.

>Not OP
Sure, sperg.

>Specially when you see how other anime have used it in the past without knowing how to blend the 3d with the 2d so it looks fluid.
This has been done before though you fucking newfag. Just look at something like ufotable fateshit or KnY from last season.

>hasn't been to war in fifteen years
>effortlessly beats a couple of dozen trained and armed soldiers with his bare hands
Am I supposed to take this shit seriously? The atmosphere suggests I should, but the content doesn't.

He didn't sit on his ass like you do all day. He's still physically in a good shape.

Fantasy/medieval bullshit will always be shit in any media. Time to move on.

What are you into then?

Its actually very underutilized if you think about. Count how many actually medieval anime there are if you remove Isekaishit. Real medieval shit is hard to find.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-03 Read manga Vinland Saga Chapter 105 online in high quality.jpg (994x7040, 3.06M)

manga is infinitely better

The moralfaggotry ruins the show for me to be honest. It destroys the immersion.

>a true warrior needs no sword
>I'll pay 8(!) sheep for some dead slave
>i want my revenge in a fair duel
>sure I've been raping and pillaging all my life but then I suddenly, for no real reason, I attained 21th century morality and decided to run away
>war bad. men stupid. women good

He wants his revenge in a fair duel because Viking society was about honor and he doesn't want to be like Askeladd, though in the next ep Thorfinn will try to kill Askeladd in his sleep, this is anime only though.

>>sure I've been raping and pillaging all my life but then I suddenly, for no real reason, I attained 21th century morality and decided to run away
brainlet, they even explained his reasoning in the show already

Do you think morals were inverted in the 21st century? How the hell would you know if there weren't any people like Thors within the viking-era?

>though in the next ep Thorfinn will try to kill Askeladd in his sleep, this is anime only though.
Wut. Why did they need to add this shit?

Because they can.

They are retarded then. Not only they add fillers they also make contradictions with manga.

>they also make contradictions with manga.
Literally what?

It feels unnecessary too, since once Thorfinn grows up he's constantly asking to fight with Askeladd. The anime doesn't need any extra scenes to show how much he wants the ladd dead.

dororo is shit

It might not be a contradiction yet.. We haven't seen the episode

Is this Vinland fags last ditch effort to get people to watch their garbage series? Its dead bro nobody liked it but shitters.

If it needed explaining then it didn't belong. Just because they explain something doesnt mean its a valid excuse.

>The use of CG is really good.
Pathetic stop dick sucking.

You have caused confusion and delay.

>If it needed explaining then it didn't belong
one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever read. Consider suicide

he's a grown man trained in combat from an early age and has kept his body strong through slave labor; it's not that far-fetched. you might as well complain about a tiny manlet killing full-grown men, which is what the series started with

Suck my dick.

most of the things said here could be said about dr stone, but I agree vinland is objectively better

Show me some good shots from Dr.stone.

Needing an explanation so the audience can understand the change of motivations over showing why they changed is the worst way to go about it you fucking brainlet.

>Best op
>Best animation effects
>Best plot
YOU CAN'T STOP THE TRAIN

the explanation was showing why his motives changed you pedantic fuck. Did you even watch it?

>*takes deep breath*
>KOROSHTEYARUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Attached: thorfinn_shout.gif (540x304, 2.85M)

Shit sales will, not saying I'm happy about it.

You are fucking retarded. They fucking butchered the manga's artstyle and are egregiously using 3dcg shit for anything difficult to draw. Also stop misusing the term "creative" like some shitty fucking buzzword.

dumb sperg

WIT's a good studio. KyoAni is dead, fuck off

> They fucking butchered the manga's artstyle

Oh fuck off,retard. It looks better than the manga did at the beginning of its release.

Attached: comparison.jpg (3264x1912, 1.25M)

You're cherrypicking hand drawn segments and even then it's 50/50 on what looks better. There's a lot of nasty corner cutting 3dcg, that's a massive downgrade, in the show too.

What are you trying to say sperg? That because a better a studio are dead that somehow makes WIT's work here any less shit?

>the best looking show this season
>has good animation
>well directed

Wtf are you taking about

Attached: cinegrid_vs_ep2.jpg (5760x3240, 3.97M)

>You're cherrypicking hand drawn segments
Are you mentally ill? 97 project of it is hand-drawn and 2d.
if I showed you only the CG parts THEN it would be cherrrypicking,not what I posted. The general visual direction and style looks exactly like the manga and improves on it aswell. You're just looking for something to shit on for no reason. "muh corner-cutting" get the fuck out.

Attached: askeladd_punch.gif (540x304, 2.77M)

97% procent* I can't even spell,I lost the arguement,you win.

>97 project of it is hand-drawn and 2d.
what the fuck are you saying? your post isn't intelligible

> an existing work that was already god-tier,on par with the likes of Berserk
>on par with the likes of Berserk
Right, a story that wastes volumes on end with nothing goddamn happening, pointless new party members one after the other, mook and MOB fights, and time-filling comic relief. Great comparison, actually.

Man, Moenut was so cute.

I concede,you won the debate,my master. Please accept this apology.

This show easily transcends the medium similar to SnK, feels like I'm watching high profile television.

The quality looks like its taking a hit in Ep5. Dont get too hyped just yet.

>The quality looks like its taking a hit in Ep5.
What? The preview looked fine.

>on par with the likes of Berserk

Please op, I like Vinland Saga but there's no need to be so cringe

Im not wrong though.

>That because a better a studio
Kyoanus lickers had it coming with this mindset all these years

Attached: 1561734746774.jpg (1024x576, 35K)

Attached: watchmojo.png (1288x802, 586K)

>Anime trying to be manly.
DROPPED.
They don't have the concept of masculinity there.

Where are you from?

>You'll never be a guest on Ketil's farm

evropa, not doxing any further yellowboi, WE BE TAKINZ YOUR WIMANZ

>Eurocuck
>Manly
The only MANLY thing in europe is the black man you are taking in your ass.

Cope harder yellow boi, 99.3% white country. Just think of it this way, someone says : Black man, White Man, Latino Man, Brown Man. None of it sounds weird, then there it comes, there it is: ASIAN M-m-mA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yikes.
188 cm, 18cm, blond.
Height mogged, dick mogged, hair mogged, skin mogged. COPE COPE COPE COPE.

Attached: 1548283631173.jpg (1080x1266, 85K)

Nice deflection. I posted that but i'm not a studiofag of any kind. I will say Vinland Saga anime is better than most modern Kyoani shows story wise but in terms of production value and sakuga it's a joke.

That's a cheap way to make Vinland Saga sound good, you're not basing it on its own merits

What are " its own merits" then?

>Vinland Saga
>amazing source
Get some fucking taste, Yea Forumsermin

>Yea Forumsermin
How the fuck does vinland saga relate to a vidoe game board,schizo? Take your pills for the day already.

So will thorfinn beat the vengeance out of her with his cock?

Attached: VinlandSaga9-191.jpg (740x686, 283K)

No, thats CHADnar's job.

>uses "brainless otaku degenerates" as an insult
>gets mad after being called out
Kill yourself, crossboarder.

Only dumb Yea Forumsermin think that a grim and gory story means quality source material.

Are you admitting to being a degenerate? Don't use that "pedophelia is board culture" excuse No,you should be the the one killing yourself for cross-posting from /jp/ and /c/(your homeboards).

> pedophelia
Not the whole world revolves around your fat ass, amerimutt.

>>uses "brainless otaku degenerates" as an insult
if you want to convince someone you aren't a schizo, it helps to not make up things they didn't say as a reason to hate on them

>schizo
How long since you've learned this epic buzzword, kiddo?

No,but you do.

You had some good points but you also sound like a complete normie fag with the naruto reference, Vinland Saga is polar opposite to shit thats coming out to day and has good characterization and writing and ofcourse very well directed, very interesting setting we haven't seen in an anime, but it's not based on a true story, it has real life characters and follows history but its still fiction.

You clearly didn't watch the anime because that's not what it is or you're bainting.

Fair enough,though naruto isn't really a normalfag anime as it was before. Its as normalfag as evangelion is normalfag.

>snk s3p2 and vinalnd saga both back to back
wit are out of control this year, who can stop them?

>naruto
>not normie tier

You are making us Vinbros look bad, please fuck off, this thread should have died long ago.

The dick.

>normie-tier
Please vinbro,don't embarrass us further,some hunterCHADs may be lurking and they are snickering at us.

Just when i thought Canute was about to go full communist and seize the means of production he was saved by based Thorfinn who taught him the importance of private property.

>Room temp IQ if you really think the manga's way to start would work in anime
It totally would, use one episode for the first fight to offer some context to characters, profit.

>Yeah,just give me THREE episodes of flashbacks after the first episode then go back to present-time,great pacing. This is why retards like you don't direct anime.

Your entire argument relies on the assumption that the pacing of the manga is somehow bad and would require THREE episodes translated to anime. Also your formatting is fucking horrible, are you drunk?

But the first 2 chapters in the manga is the present then its a flashback and they where long chapters aswell, 80 and 40 pages, it wouldn't have worked, especially with the 2 week break, literally everyone would have dropped it.

>snk s3p2
shonen shit

Based and redpilled.
>Anglo
>White

Attached: Anglo.jpg (2560x1440, 798K)

kys seething feminist tranny.

Nah it was good shounen, the hype was deserved.

Don't bother replying to shitposters. The guy is autistic as fuck and has been posting the same "fanservice" shit in every Fire Force thread since the anime started airing.

he hates it

Easily the worst thing in the manga is how preachy it becomes, and what you said about him becoming a shitty 21st century treehugger, that’s where the sales died too.

It's literally a samurai story, but with nords. They literally all act like samurais its weird

>are you drunk?
Yes.

>They literally all act like samurais its weird
Thors is every character in the show? Did you even watch it? Everyone else opposes Thors's view on war.

Samurais wanted to kill as many people as possible and die on the battlefield to get to Valhalla?

Speaking of vikings,is this show good?

Attached: lastkingdom.png (1282x1922, 2.56M)

lolilust r2TccQ

Thors philosopy has nothing to do with samurai. Samurai are all about Loyalty and physical strength. They were warmongering and martial. Thor is a humble pacifist, the polar opposite of a samurai.

but yes it‘s pretty good. At least far better than that other viking show

the samurai class was descended from Nordic aryans

Bump

Attached: mywife_canute.jpg (1897x3249, 1.14M)

Farmland is peak. Shounenshitters need not apply.

Attached: eec4a5c6fc07a8b2da86fd80daff084d.jpg (800x1174, 440K)

t. 2010+ newfag

Imagine being such a weeaboo that you see men acting like men and immediately think about katana chinks

Just finished Farmland today. I'm going to miss it.

Thorfinn reaches peak hotness in Farmland.

Attached: D_1TMhuWsAAuOl5.png (847x1200, 315K)

Pure man-kino. Women can never understand this arc.

Attached: farmbros_handshake.png (869x1283, 1.52M)

>thorfinn never gets to achieve his peak genetic potential due to malnutrition
I cant be the only one sad about that

Attached: 1561788230389s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

The manlet rage is what makes Thorfinn so cool. But user please don't be a
>Frogposter

Attached: farmbro_punch.png (1200x864, 1.15M)

I liked the show, but the main character looks like a gay version of Legolas. Besides, who has the sword on his back?!

>Askeladdo
>o
Fucks sake

Its how they say his name in the show. ASHELADDO!

Attached: Ashelad_comfy.jpg (1920x1080, 200K)

Why do people find Askeladd so hard to say?

Japs have weird mouths. Though those mouths can suck a mean dick

Attached: askeladd_wind.jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

>vinland saga
>on par with berserk

Attached: release.jpg (487x231, 32K)

Final episode will be fucking wild.

Attached: illust_30190065_20190803_170137.jpg (568x832, 197K)

>worst paced and uneventful part of the manga where the only real character development happens near the end of it
Might be enjoyable if you like slice of life, since they revolve around the entire idea of jack shit happening.

If they ever animate this part this is when everyone will drop it and it will die.

>the only real character development happens near the end of it
If you have a brain the size of a turd nugget,yeah. There's not a chapter that goes by without adding more development to Thorfinn. The only reason the farm gets so much slack (from ADHD ridden shounenshitters) is because the pacing seems bad when it was being released. Re-read it now and tell me your opinion of it then.

Attached: farmbro_endofviolence.png (599x650, 265K)

Why do you consider world building and story pacing a bad thing? Do you really need to jump straight into action 2 chapters after the reunion? There's plenty of things happening, and i actually found the farming parts enjoyable.

I actually felt genuine anger on behalf of the characters whenthe farmhands destroyed the crops

It's pretty good, seasons 1 and 2 are fun. It's about a half viking half saxon defending England against viking chieftans while actually respecting vikings more than saxons.

Kidnapping Canute and selling him as a sex slave!

Attached: 2b74af0f-9052-4698-b082-9c4875500b1c.png (929x600, 580K)

Thanks,I'll check it out for the setting.(not from netflix though,Im not paying shit to those jews).

based Bjorn.

Yeah if they keep up the quality on vinland, I'll probably insta-watch anything they ever produce in the future.

Did you hear about their new project from the Kimi ni Todoke director? The staff for it is stacked.

Attached: greatpretender.png (650x488, 358K)

Is this kid just gonna be another Eren?

Attached: 340a0fbf-6af2-427c-b91a-719f859ce74f.gif (540x302, 2.93M)

sort of, except he actually gets punished for being a ragetard

The CG in vinland is so bad, they invested so hard in the first 4 episodes and this is the preview of episode 5, WIT more like WITLESS LMAO!

Attached: 1537772858143.webm (1280x720, 2.02M)

Wow, teenage Thorfinn looks like shit

Damn,what went wrong?
What went wrooooong?

So does Eren Based Gabi

I mean, so does Eren. He would've died sooner if it hadn't been for his Attack Titan powers.

Thorfinn and Eren are polar opposites though. Thorfinn is an incredibly skilled warrior while Eren was a mediocre soldier. The only thing that makes them similar is having an edgy phase and wanting to get revenge, and then realizing that the world is a cruel place. However, Eren chose to embrace his hatred and exterminate his enemies while Thorfinn chose to abandon the way of the warrior and became a pacifist. Personally, I find it interesting how well these series compliment each other.

Is this the greatest water in a bucket animation of all time?

Attached: water_bucket.webm (852x480, 575K)

No.

It's decent but certainly not the best. That famous scene from Kyoukai would be. Someone post it.

I still don't understand the people shitting on this, it's just typical shounen fare. They make you laugh a bit and give you a boner before some cheesy fights and repeat ad infinitum. It's the winning formula, you should know whether or not it's something you like by now

when will he stop suffering?

Attached: cuckadoodledoo.png (439x551, 220K)

I can’t wait to see the thread explode after that episode. The hype was palpable

You are fucking retarded. The adaptation is just mediocre and the 3dcg is disgusting. I expect this level of delusion from Madotards and Huntervirgins not VSfags.

Pretty much. The show simply has above average production values but you need WAY more than that for the kind of shit this series needs adapted. At least if you want it to be decently faithful. This doesn't have production values on par with something like Chunibyou or Flip flappers and you need more than that to get a good result here. Faggot OP needs to stop overpraising mediocrity.

He seems almost like an anime-only

more like shit

Kill yourself.

Nice necrobump OP, also take your own advice.

>spergs out because he knows user is right and he cant refute his points
WOW you're mad.

Attached: best slut.png (1280x720, 708K)

Bump ;)

Gudrid reminds me of
youtube.com/watch?v=75WFTHpOw8Y

What "point" did you make that I should refute?
>Aquaposter
Why am I even replying.

OP please don't ever make a Vinland thread again. You're embarrasing.

Attached: lodr.png (1280x720, 727K)

It looks pretty good, too bad Vikings and nordic culture is the most boring aesthetic imaginable for me.

Should've done an adaptation of Blade of the Immortal or Vagabond instead.

I have a hard time getting invested in fights where a character deliberately handicaps themselves since if they win it just means the gap between them was great from the start, and if they lose they might've succeeded in spite of their arrogance.

Attached: broomhead.png (1229x527, 361K)

Samuraishit is even more boringer. "muh 2000 folds" my ass.

but Thorfinn only won that fight specifically because handicapping himself pissed off Garm so much that he started fighting recklessly

>A true warrior doesn't need a sword

Attached: 03-shutterstock_149094479.jpg (384x288, 19K)

>he can't beat a team of jomsvikings with his bare hands
lmao dude

Attached: thorfinn2.png (600x568, 542K)

What would thorfinn do if he had a squad with guns pointing at him? Punch their guns away?

He'd run away like a man

He tried something like that against a crossbow so probably yeah

JOSEFU JOUSTAAA

Attached: tumblr_o8c1z84lr61vv3mezo6_1280.png (1280x720, 1.05M)

Would Thors be proud of the man Thorfinn's become?

>I never raised you to be such a manlet incel, Thorfinn. Have sex.

Attached: da90d231-6251-4ec4-9af0-cc4c854ebaaa.gif (540x228, 2.43M)

Attached: 1556559220658.png (610x513, 199K)

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 43K)

The combat is totally unrealistic, but that's not where the fun of the story comes from. Except maybe Thorkell vs unnamed horse.

Attached: 12961263198261.png (302x480, 113K)

The feminist parts grate really hard, I agree. This author's blurb almost caused my eyes to roll out of my head.

Attached: 2019-08-03 20_29_13-Vinland Saga - c144 (v20) - p387 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].png - JPEGView.png (848x1195, 634K)

Attached: 68fcc3a0b8041b13a39f850d32024a01.jpg (905x1300, 419K)

Attached: U13.png (1114x1600, 721K)

when are these two dorks going to FUCK already

[END]

Attached: 9aba196c-3c6f-4838-ad6e-b6220646ce84.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

I can only hope. She is such a clusterfuck of bad cliches.

Next chapter

Based

Attached: f723212abac0297411950b571efc3f81.webm (640x360, 2.83M)

The actual visual direction is shit. Dont get fooled by the "OMG SAKUGA 11/10" gimmick. SHAFT directing doesnt work on a shounen like this. Crap characters and story aswell.

Well obviously, a true warrior should be able to defeat his opponents with only his fists. Imagine being such a shitter that you have to rely on weapons to win a fight, fucking coward.

How do you go from this...

Attached: Screenshot_20190804-073400.jpg (1440x2044, 1.32M)

...To this?

Attached: c77a80cb-17d6-43a7-ae81-12c343078ee0.png (550x652, 331K)

>he can't even punch bullets out of the air
fucking pussy

Kaguya-sama is still better.

The CGI in that show is so badly executed that it's not watchable for me. Doesn't blend in with the rest of the anime at all. When they cut to one of those CGI scenes I'm like "what the fuck" and then start laughing, Vinland Saga at least executed their CGI well.

The plot was so incredibly predictable. Other than the sword break, which was cool, nothing really impacted me because I saw it all coming a mile away.

Kaguya-sama butchered the fireworks episode and the dishonestly rotoscoped animated Chika dance scene was the worst cancer to plague this board that winter.

damn you guessed the plot twist of the entire show, great job

Meant for

>dishonestly

Attached: 1521807524576.jpg (511x509, 36K)

>Le smug anime girl twitter profile reaction image
I accept your concession.

I'm not the one you were answering to before, I just think everyone who uses "dishonest" to describe animation should kill themselves. Have a nice day.

>3d
And I was about to pick it up, thanks for the warning.

What did the author mean?

Attached: 0037-029.jpg (1137x1600, 363K)

I dont care who you are but using a smug anime girl reaction image with a green quoted text is peak cringe. Have a nice day ;)

That's how 4channel works, sweetie. With the power of smug.

Attached: 1520283861244.png (840x720, 539K)

Why is Thors brown?

Better to die than hate

>implying I've read the manga
>implying the Chika ending wasn't fantastic

best monk

Attached: vinland-saga-137157.jpg (800x1129, 258K)

Mongol/Siberian/inuit genes.

Fuck vikings and those dirty anglos. ROMA INVICTA FOREVER

Attached: Basil-II.jpg (572x694, 86K)

Wouldn't it be easier to say he was Greek? Would explain his athletic genetics...

So only Greek people did physical work in those times?

>mediocre soldier
>made it into the top 10 of his class

Attached: 1564100210399.jpg (773x331, 78K)

What did director-san mean by THIS?

Attached: shotacon_director.png (1920x1080, 1.39M)

Its a contradiction cause Askelad at a point of character development tells Thorfinn that real hatred is killing someone in his sleep which is what askelad does in his backstory

Small contradiction but it was a pretty important scene/quote in the manga for askelad

Jewish executives and producers

Shitlandbros?

Attached: redditlandsaga.png (704x641, 488K)

What do you possibly have to complain about with the Chika dance? It was pure hot fire. It looked great. Why you bitching?

This desu. I've heard the screeching about rotoscoping but fail to see how it's relevant. There's a reason Chika took the entire internet by storm, and it's a damn good one.

Because I haven't had sex in 2 days and im turning into an incel.

>all normalfag shit
>going to that website
>posting about that website here
Fall over and hit your head hard on concrete.

Where the fuck did he go?

Home

Does the episode come out today?

Attached: askeladdo_smug.jpg (1920x1080, 203K)

>but then I suddenly, for no real reason, I attained 21th century morality
It would be much more believable if he simply converted to Christianity.

tickcounter.com/countdown/542720/vinland-saga-episode-05

Attached: f12dec7b-9c87-45f9-a0a6-4baf881b2f54.jpg (1280x1299, 193K)

twitter.com/nhk_animeworld/status/1157169265465651200
Got a new screencap from ep 5. Why is Thorfinn smiling here? Is this a dream sequence? What is that in the background with that looks to be a painting with palmtrees?

Attached: thorfinn.png (600x338, 323K)

It's gonna be some vision where he sees his daddy talking to him. Like the one in Lion King with cloud Mufasa.

At least we'll get one Lion king adaptation this year that isn't shit.

Attached: scar_comparison.png (800x400, 322K)

What was Disney even thinking by doing a "realistic" adoptation of a movie of talking fucking lions? It allows for no creativity like the cartoon did since you are limited to "realism" which still looks uncanney as fuck. Who is the target audience for this?

My ancestor

Attached: m.png (1104x927, 46K)

Askeladd actually WUZ tho. There's a difference.

Ylva!

Attached: 439846ce-3a96-42dc-a2a4-e01cab39334e.gif (540x234, 908K)

It's just some faggot puritan otakus trying to look even more zealous than Miyazaki or some shit. Even Muyazaki is okay with digital nowadays

Goddamnit why is everyone asleep? This is like the only show im invested in this season. When do most discussions happen so I can be there?

Attached: 13b6cc8c-f2e7-4245-b45c-5d9bcbed443a.gif (540x304, 1.39M)

I'm awake, user.

おはよう!

Attached: slavic_slave.jpg (1920x1080, 272K)

Ok, picked up.

Post the one where he grabs the muscle girl tits and I might watch this

Cumbrain

Wasn't that supposed to be a filtered word? Either way, go back to Yea Forums

Attached: 1460837811336.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

>He knows its filtered on Yea Forums
Go back,cumbrain Yea Forumsedditor.

Who is this qt girl

At least I'm not part of the problem and spam a forced meme on other boards.

I cannot believe this retard seeded Ylva's Puffy Vylva.

Attached: readyforwar_ari.jpg (1920x1080, 246K)

A fuckton of people apparently

Attached: 30BCF59D-092C-45E1-8E2C-D43F621B09F1.jpg (2118x1034, 865K)

Yes but that also includes the retards from twitter who dont like how the new movie looks but they think they have to see the movie because of some "obligation" they have because they enjoyed the original movie 20 years ago.

This thread is just an amalgamation of shitposting, spouting low quality memes that have been reposted to death, and mutual trolling. There is nothing of valuer here, or even anything entertaining.
So this is what Yea Forums has become... an anime themed Yea Forums.

>NHK show
>caring about sales

desu he was the only one on the crew ballsy enough to actually charge at askeladd

5 (five) times
based Ari

Don't think he's wrong anyway. Why are all modern mass shooters are males when both genders have equal access to guns? Women in the past most likely become a warrior because to protect themselves from men, not because they want to seek power themselves (and not like men would allow them become leaders no matter how strong the women will be anyway).

This thread proves that Yea Forums are a bunch of contrarians with shit taste. Shoo, shoo back to your flavour of the month, moe, SoL, ecchi garbage and let the adults with refined taste discuss some real anime.

Yea Forums. Yea Forums isn't NEARLY as bad as Yea Forums, trust me. At least Yea Forums is still arguing about games and people getting angry. Yea Forums is a bunch of incoherent inbreds, much like Yea Forums just spouting memes. It's just as pathetic as people on Yea Forums fantasizing about cartoon women.

>At least Yea Forums is still arguing about games
user....

Great bait friendo.

I hope when the series reaches later arcs of the story, the OP keeps and continues the shot of Thorfinn aging up from the flashback to England. It looks really cool

I think Vinland Saga overall has a better blending then Fire Force. The worst parts would be the long camera sailing vs the truck driving through the city. The truck looks worse in my opinion. They're both far and away better than the atrocity that is Kimetsu no Yaiba though.

Fire Force has such great direction, but holy shit is the plot so goddamn bland. I guess it's fine if you like spectacle, but the few eps haven't really hooked me at all. I want to find out a little more about what the deal is with weird dieselpunk christian tokyo, but I don't give two shits about the characters or general plot. Also making it a generic battle anime seems like a waste of potential, a show about actual fire fighters with a bit of battle shonen sounds neat, but they don't even do any actual firefighting.

The first few eps are just setting up the main character's arc. No shit their predictable. Anyone with half a brain would figure Thors would get killed to give Thorfinn a motivation.

A true warrior would be able to defeat any foe with just his talk no jutsu. For every enemy he defeats this way, he gains a new ally. It is the most perfect and complete technique.

What an absurd series of notions.
>Why are all modern mass shooters are males when both genders have equal access to guns?
Because female mass murderers prefer poisoning people over bloody attacks.
>Women in the past most likely become a warrior because to protect themselves from men
No one becomes a warrior in isolation. Women who fought did so alongside men, against an enemy that may have included other women. The men and women on the winning side profit, while the men and women of the losing side suffer. Though men do the vast majority of the fighting, they cannot go to war without the support of their women. Someone has to look after the children and keep society functioning. Women are fully capable as a group of vetoing wars. Hell, a bunch of women complaining was enough to force the release of their Jewish husbands in Nazi Berlin. (The Rosenstrasse Protest)

>read all of the manga in three days
>no I have to wait monthly for the chapters
>it's fucking obvious we're only like 40% through the entire story
f u c k

he's right though.

Things could be worse

Attached: grifisu.png (388x488, 110K)

He's not.

kinda dumb, agreed, real life isn't so fucking easy that you can just become "da perfec warrio" by not using armor or proper weapons, but it's something you just have to suspend your disbelief for - Thors is the only instance where it's hard to believe he'd be this good
>I'll pay 8(!) sheep for some dead slave
also retarded, Thors' family would be dead if he did shit like that, times back then were extremely fucking harsh and there's examples in the same fucking manga later on where doing such shit actually led to people starving to death
>i want my revenge in a fair duel
believable considering their society and beliefs at the time, it wasn't like today where people have fedoras on all the time
>sure I've been raping and pillaging all my life but then I suddenly, for no real reason, I attained 21th century morality and decided to run away
also pretty believable, war is fucking horrible and scars everyone, in contrast to what media says about it
>war bad. men stupid. women good
what

The "killing is bad" thing gets a bit retarded later on in the manga but most of the time it actually leads to some pretty nice conclusions that make sense - for example it stops Canute from becoming a corrupt, evil asshole after he meets Thorfinn again. But like with Trigun, you just have to close one eye and pretend it works.

Attached: 1563229717282.jpg (540x405, 50K)

Wars are fought by men and women do suffer as a result of war.

I know "muh SJWs" but what he said isn't incorrect.

You shall respect the AOTY, faggots.

Attached: Screenshot_20190731-225742_WhatsApp.jpg (720x1280, 455K)

He's just too susceptible to jewish propaganda.

Thank you grandfather

Attached: baldr2.jpg (225x350, 46K)

She pretty much already likes him and only puts up the "I'mma fucking kill u if you stop going for non-lethal" as a fascade. You have to be a retard to not see it.

by realizing that god actually hates you

>it's going to be years before we see animated Chadnute
feels fucking bad man

>Wars are fought by men and women do suffer as a result of war.
Every demographic suffers on account of war. Women share in both the costs/profits and culpability of war. Men do the majority of the fighting, and the majority of being maimed or killed. Do you think men are less likely to be impoverished or displaced by war? Is being more likely to survive physically unscathed in return for greater likelihood of losing a loved one supposed to be the greater suffering? I'd say the person who died a violent death suffered more than the people who survive them. The idea that men do all the fighting without the support of women but women have to bear all the suffering is fucking asinine.

at least there's no hiatus yet

Attached: images.jpg (250x274, 14K)

>women do suffer as a result of war
Clearly not the worst of it, given that the vast majority of them never engage in it.
youtube.com/watch?v=WM8bTdBs-cw

Well then you basically agreed with Yukimura Makoto then, men started the war and fighting, of course men suffered. Women just suffered together with the men even though they never started the war at the first place. If you think somehow women grouped together to say no to war in past and men listened to them, why the hell we still have abortion debates until today?

Baldr is the only character I could stand that was added after farmland saga.

>being this triggered because someone doesn't hate women like you do

You gonna give me spankings? UwU

Next time, a simple "Thank you for explaining how stupid my worldview is" will suffice.

>If you think somehow women grouped together to say no to war in past and men listened to them, why the hell we still have abortion debates until today?
Where on earth did your train of thought get derailed? How many men would go to war if their mothers would never speak to them again for enlisting? Or if their wives would take their children and leave? The idea that men do whatever they want and women only do what men allow them to do isn't historical revisionism, it's whole cloth fiction. The biggest opponents to women's suffrage were women. Once the majority of women were in favor of suffrage, they got the vote. Compare that to an actually suppressed group like, say, black people. Abortion is restricted only in states where the majority of women are against it. Women and men have always been utterly dependent upon each other. In no civilization ever have women been the poor, helpless victims of men's whims.

I have thousands of non-lewd pictures of my favorite female characters. I'm quite capable of liking women without drinking third wave feminist koolaid or being a blithering retard like you.

I wish I had the mental illness required to write such longass posts just because a mangaka said that women suffer from war.

>suppressed group like, say, black people

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Final page of VS

Attached: 9156a519-a9cc-4b36-8bd4-ccfc23700896.jpg (1280x1731, 1.11M)

I'm talking historically. Once a minority group has equal rights (including the absence of Jim Crow shenanigans), any argument for suppression becomes pretty suspect.

Don't worry, your soft skull will never hold any ideas worth voicing.

>Vinland Saga at least executed their CGI well
>those shitty CGi boats and water
nah

There is literally nothing wrong with the water

ok pal

>people jerking this show off right and left
>decide to see what it's about
>generic viking story
I knew how bad it was going to be when the the arrow shot into Thor in the first scene disappeared between shots

The slow start will have zoomers and ADHD addled 30-yo boomers dropping it, and it's a primarily male cast with no yuri baiting so trannies will actively attack it. We live in a cursed world.

there was a sound que for that nigger, and you can see it for a little bit, fucking fag.

Part 5 animation wise yes, but even dressed up in a beautiful coating it's still Part 5.

Literally looks like water

Attached: Screen-Shot-2019-07-08-at-5.11.17-PM.png (3360x2100, 1.73M)

>it's a primarily male cast with no yuri baiting so trannies will actively attack it
Dude I know trannies are bad but what kind of bizarro super tumblr do you hang out in? Calm down, no-one cares it has no girls.

look you can see it flying off and with the sound you can hear it break

Attached: [Mew] Vinland Saga - 01v2 [WEB 720p Hi444 E-AC-3] [6D1E9DE6].webm (1280x720, 931K)

Vinland is kino, but Fire force is prettier.

>*25,088 (=*25,088) **,*38pt **,201pt 【Amazon.co.jp限定】ヴィンランド・サガ Vol.1 [Blu-ray Box]
Why is it flopping then? Vikings are gay.

In the next episode

Attached: IMG_20190804_144743.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

it can't be helped

Attached: ylva ohwell.png (678x680, 365K)

So they'll probably tie Ylva's busy working phase to avoid mourning side-chapter with some filler for child Thorfinn during the same time period, I guess I can accept that.

I was hoping they'd add this part, since a full episode of filler would've been too much.

The manga is god-tier feelgood

Make a cinegrid of Fan service force then we can tell.

>fan service force
lmao someone is sour. How dare an anime pander to its viewers?

There is something wrong when your story and characters are so bare-ridden you need the self insert to sexually harrass any female he can find(with them ususally not minding it) so the 17 year old with his right hand down his crotch watching this garbage wont close his toshiba laptop.

cuz nips only care about two things:
>cute girls
>nippon history cirlcejerking

>there's no hole, or blood
cope

My wife Ylva is so cute!

>yuri on ice outsells everything
Nice generalization.

If Vikings are gay, why isn't out selling everyone?

How retarded are you? He had armor thats why it didn't effect him.

well yeah he was wearing chainmail, the arrow wasn't stuck in his flesh

Ari how are you posting when you died 900 years ago

Everybody loves Ylva but I want to fuck Helga instead

Attached: 57433-helga-foto.jpg (200x200, 13K)

I've heard that the next two episodes will be filler, is that true?

t. Thorfinn

It's no recipe for success, lots of shows that are gayer are flopping. Do you really think that adding x and y pandering to a show will automatically make it a hit?

No, they will be ANIME ORIGINIAL SCENES, not FILLER. There is a very big difference. One advances the plot and adds more development to the characters and story while the other is there to fill time.

there's literally nothing of value in Fire Force except the fan service, and it doesn't even have the best fan service this season, Dumbbell completely annihilates it in that department

No, just some anime-only scenes to flesh out Thorfinn's character more.

Episode 6 should be straight outta manga

No, but gay shit always dies good, look at jojo, banana fish and those two other gay shows.

Find a more perfect panel in the manga

Attached: 20190802_081103.jpg (1014x992, 968K)

Tsurune was a flop by Kyoani standards. Though coincidentally it also aired on NHK.

So you didn't watch the show at all?

So not entirely new episodes? Just new scenes?

What time EST does it come out again?

Why the fuck do you care when you're an anime-only? Just watch it and you will notice if it feels like filler.

Nigger I've read the manga multiple times, that's why I care. I don't want too much filler in this adaptation.

Attached: thorf.png (522x1114, 861K)

Classic

Oh my god, then maybe just watch the fucking preview?

AOTfags everywhere

CHADREN WILL DESTROY YLVA'S PUFFY PUSSY!

have you ever seen the sea?

Not even an AOTfag but it was good. Ofc I also hope that Vinland Saga will be adapted well so that it can surpass AOT.

Attached: 1522343715787.jpg (212x210, 34K)

In 20 minutes in Japan

Yes, there's a sea 50 meters from my apartment. Have you?

What's Askeladd thinking here?

Attached: ep5_preview_image.png (1280x720, 997K)

do you like to be beside the seaside?

No, it's cold

Thorfinn is starting to look like his teen-self.

Attached: thorfinn_ep5_preview_image.png (1280x720, 954K)

Is there a stream link for the episode that's about to air?

ASHERADDO KOROSHITE REEEE

Attached: vinrando.png (1278x718, 1.24M)

Thinking of the day when Thorfinn kills him ofcourse we know what happens

because the story isnt about him or his past. he dies early. its about the kid. they stated it directly so they could quickly give context to the audience, and the situation in the show was that he was explaining it to another character that didnt understand. it was a quick summary of how/why he is this outlier, and its important to have that because him being that way is important to the story later, but HIS story isnt the main focus. you're just retarded.

Seconded,anybody got a link?

>work that was already god-tier,on par with the likes of Berserk
Stopped reading here
OP is a plebeian faggot

Vinland Saga is superior to Berserk. Berserk only has one good arc and it came out in the fucking 90's

This episode

Attached: 8209a1dcd2bc4f54174446a8ad892996.png (1277x718, 621K)

aqstream.com/jp/nhk/NHK-G
ITS STARTING YOU CUNTS!

I'd rather just wait for the subs, the quality here is horrible but obviously can't complain

Ear appeared!

I wanted to see the first chapter of the manga animated ffs.

nvm at least we got a bjorn scene.

>how can any other show in this season or year even begin to compete?
btfo manimecels

Attached: 1553318447329.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

Does 1080p/subs come out today or tomorrow?

The characters are on model but the animation seems stiff.

Holy shit what an episode. There was like almost no dialogue on thorfinn's scenes. Pure visual storytelling.

Episode 6 preview. Anime original again.
twitter.com/V_SAGA_ANIME/status/1158038931239243776

I hope they can keep this way, really good anime.

Fuck off Yea Forumsermin. Narutards will never belong here.

There's a good reason we never saw the Frankish king ever again.

Yes but we welcome all the cloverfags with passion!

Jabba wasn't a king, just some noble

There are posters on this very board that refuse to watch a show if it has male characters, and they are extremely vocal about it. It's a very common tranny trait.

And what's that reason?

my husband Canute WHEN

Who wrote the screenplay for this episode? Fucking good script. I can't speak a lick of jap but understood everything in this episode.

I thought that was just shitposting.

I don't know what reason he's talking about but the noble's design is incredibly out of place with literary everyone else

Subs when? There's barely any dialogue in this episode so it should be easy.

Is 1080p out yet?

>[Ohys-Raws] Vinland Saga - 05 (NHKG 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4
There's this.

>not interested in picking up obvious fujoshit
>"why so insecure tranny incel moefag closeted faggot xddd"
Not saying that trannies don't browse Yea Forums but fujos are a way bigger menace. It's also common for retard shitposters to call anyone they don't like "tranny", because it's the hip insult these days and it's not edgy enough to call someone a nigger or a faggot anymore.

>Thinking any other show could possibly be AOTS while airing in the same season as Symphogear

Oh I am laffin

Attached: EBIRRQFVUAYdXKm.jpg (1505x1500, 342K)

720p too low for me, i'll wait a bit longer. Thanks anyway

The show is not even 1080p, this is good quality.

I agree with that. It was so strange.

Get out of this thread. This is a non-trannie thread.

>upscaled chinese cartoons

I can see a big difference between 720p and 1080p on the websites though. Whether its upscaled or not, it has more bitrate and less blur in fullscreen.

Streaming? The quality is always lower that way.

Submarines fucking where

In 5...

This. I really don't see the difference between 720p and 1080p. Is 1080 just reconverted 720p?

SUBS FUCKIN OUT

>[HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 05 [1080p].mkv

>piano music with him rolling down hill
I giggled at the combination.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_03.35.394.jpg (1280x720, 697K)

Long way from china.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_04.51.744.jpg (1280x720, 343K)

What's that in the background, baskets?

Attached: [Ohys-Raws] Vinland Saga - 05 (NHKG 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4_snapshot_16.06_[2019.08.04_12.42.52].jpg (1280x720, 151K)

Beehives.

More like first accurate depiction of a Japanese male in anime

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_06.31.366.jpg (1280x720, 512K)

second

Attached: handsome japanese man.jpg (640x374, 29K)

So what happens this episode?
Thorkell story?
English daughter/mother story?
Or will it finally show the fights from the first chapter?

It seems manimefags are homosexuals, or honorary homosexuals. It's good we could clarify that

>when you stray out of main story mission

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_07.38.307.jpg (1280x720, 683K)

That's just the OP lol

Goblins never change.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 05 [720p].mkv - 0002.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

The backgrounds in this show are gorgeous

>Expecting a serious historical drama which doesn't use modern quirks like Golden Kamuy in the first arc to be popular
Honestly Vinland Saga anime has more chances to be popular overseas rather than in Japan.

Is this yuri?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_14.29.941.jpg (1280x720, 477K)

Kino scene. Really well written episode.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 05 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_05.04_[2019.08.04_19.36.25].jpg (1920x1080, 202K)

So is this it for this version of MC? Next episode timeskips to shonenshit age?

Time for longboats and horse punch.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_16.26.218.jpg (1280x720, 512K)

Top cuties

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_12.52_[2019.08.04_18.06.52].jpg (1280x720, 91K)

for an anime original episode, I'm surprised at how great that was. WIT is really nailing this adaptation

I wonder if they did this to lessen the sausage fest, trap Canute counted

Teenage Thorfinn appears in episode 7

damn, that was some prime shota suffering

I couldn't resist.

Attached: cinegrid_Vs_ep_5_landscape.jpg (5760x3240, 3.16M)

I wonder if teenage Thorfinn means the 12-year-old Thorfinn since next episode looks like filler too

This show is starting really slow. I wonder if anyone except for mangafags will actually stick around until the story begins.

dumbass, next episode isn't filler

I find it, pretty good and will stick till the end.

>21th

>Superb adaptation of an existing work that was already god-tier,on par with the likes of Berserk
Read more manga.

Literally every scene you can see in the next episode preview is filler, dumbass

Christians during that period weren't some peaceful devout people lol

Do you know what filler is?

Name 5 better medieval/fantasy titles

>>Best op
shitty engrish jrock is not good lol

>hurr it's not filler because I say so
It's not in the manga so it's filler. I don't care what your retard definition of filler is

Will Thorfinn ever stop being a fucking manlet?

Bretty good.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_17.10.229.jpg (1280x720, 348K)

Better medieval show than Game of Thrones, that's for sure. Whole show is kino and really shows respect to the time period.

No. And thanks to the childhood/adolescence he's about to have he never gets a proper diet to help him grow. As a result he's a manlet even as an adult.

childhood malnutrition is a serious problem user

Your definition of filler doesn't mean shit. Filler is when producers need to fill the gap between episodes because there is no content to adopt so they just churn out something that doesn't relate to the mainplot of the story at all and has no consequences to the story or the characters. This episode(and the next) are ANIME ORIGINAL: which means they advance the plot and add more characterization and worldbuilding to the story.

If it's not in the manga, it's not canon, making it... can you guess it? Filler.

Filler exists do do nothing but buy time. This is anime original content. It actually expands on the source material to enhance to experience.

i mean they were in the manga, chapter 21.5

That's what it does. They obviously want it to be 24 episodes just to satisfy their autism. It was a nice episode but doesn't really add anything

This is a pretty pathetic argument and I hope you realize how pathetic it is.

>Literally no argument
Just concede and stop embarrassing yourself.

>tfw ywn rape women and lolis

>It actually expands on the source material to enhance to experience
So your definition of filler is entirely subjective? Well then I say filler doesn't exist. Yes, those hundreds of Naruto episode all expands on the source material to enhance the experience. You literally can not prove me wrong.
Here you go, faggot

WIT are based as fuck, SnK this year was elder god-tier

>based on a true story
Yeah, no.

You are too fucking stupid to even argue with.

Attached: readyoufatfuck.png (712x172, 38K)

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_04.39_[2019.08.04_13.36.59].jpg (1280x720, 96K)

>when he sees your dick

Well, Thorfinn was a real person.

It can't be helped

Attached: my_wife_ylva_ohwell.jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

As was Alexander the Great, doesn't make Fate/Zero based on a true story.

>b-but I would become like him!
Stupid brat.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 05 [720p].mkv - 0003.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

Should I just skip the anime for now and read the manga if I wanted to get into this or is the anime a good enough jumping on point?
It's been on my backlog for years.

Yes, so was leif ericksson and Vinland was actually america but that doesnt mean that the story is based on a real one, just bc your characters are based on real people doesnt make the story based on a real one. Thats not how it works.

i mean reading the manga shouldn't take too long

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 05 [720p].mkv - 0004.jpg (1280x720, 209K)

we already established that OP is a faggot, but Vinland is definitely best show this year, OP just listen pretentious reasons

If you haven't watch it by now .Might as well watch it. You will be just comparing the manga and anime back and forth if you read it now. Read it once it's done. The adaptation actaully adds more to some characters than the manga.

Bullshit, you're telling me King Arthur wasn't a cute blonde retarded girl? Can anyone confirm this man's accusations?

If you haven't read it by now*

>>Little to no shameless fan-service to pander to brainless otaku degenerates

I agree. Finally some good adult show.

I watched the first 4 episodes in a day and then read the entire manga in ~4 days after that. It's worth it

Best

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_21.30_[2019.08.04_13.43.37].jpg (1280x720, 167K)

>enhance

>just because your story is based on real history doesn't mean it's based on real history

Attached: vin2.png (406x398, 193K)

What

Vinland Saga is based on historical figures, not history. Almost nothing that happens is accurate to contemporary sources

but it expanded on the source material, it showed us how Thorfinn changed and became stronger, I think that added a lot.

You seem confused, I agree with this definition.

OP tried to be pretentious is all im saying but Vinland is the best this year, don't @ me.

Well i'm happy you conceded then. Name's paul btw,nice to meet you ;).

almost like they took that and made a story from it. like, they used it as a base or something.

no it didn't

There is no credible depiction of him so unless proven otherwise (s)he can be whatever u want

tfw read vinland so many years ago I don't even remember anything before the time skip

The main plot is very much based on historical events. It doesn't have to be 100% accurate because it's only based on history, it doesn't attept to recreate the exact events as they happened

Holy fuck are you stupid

excellent argument

Last for freckled who

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 05 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_12.51_[2019.08.04_19.46.02].jpg (1920x1080, 232K)

Mangafags: How much longer until he becomes badass?

define "badass"

Farmland beating.

~2 episodes until he turns into a """"""""badass"""""""", next season will probably be when he realizes that true badassery comes from cultivating inner strength and praising Allah

He wants to kill him, but he wants it to be in an honorable duel like his father.

Seriously speaking, i think they should have just ended the manga right after farmland saga with a more conclusive chapters following it.
I'm saying this mainly because if you look up thorfinns name, he kinda doesnt get what he wants.
Ending it with a more 'hopeful' conclusion or beliefs would have felt right i think.

You dont deserve an argument since you cant even seem to read properly.

It's possible the Manga ending won't end same as what happened in history

down right likely even, since according to real history, Thorfinn Karlsfeni's expedition to Vinland happened 3 years before the prologue

The author still isnt gonna do anything too drastic inspite of it.

I see, so you don't have any arguments

But i also do think Thorfinn's ending won't be a happy one. I mean it could but i have a feeling it won't