What the fuck was that ending

What the fuck was that ending

Attached: shamo.jpg (305x475, 85K)

>What the fuck was that ending
Not as bad as it first seems, I thought.

I was a bit underwhelmed when I first read it, but in retrospect, it's stuck with me and I quite liked it.

Having said that, though, the last arc was crap. Especially as a final arc.

The entire manga was all over the place since the second fight with Sugawara.
Going to China could have been very interesting, and it was alright at first, but the monkey arc was pure dick.

That Chi-learning arc was bullshit. But I loved how the last panels looked. But the last random hitman enemy was bullshit too.
This work had so much potential, it's truly disappointing how it went downhill
Authors changed.

God yeah the monkey arc pissed me off, I would have much preferred if the arc was just Ryo being a pit fighter/manwhore. It was better as a grounded fighting manga. when they added magic it lost some of its charm to me.
I didn't really mind him dying alone in the woods, I always imagined it was going to turn out badly for him anyway. But having it happen at the hands of a couple retards introduced like 4 volumes prior was stupid.

Yeah, I really liked the final question he asked, where his real beginning, where he became what he was, was pretty good, and how he went out, but the final arc villains were terrible.

More like why the fuck did it become a martial arts manga

Mindless fight kino + nihilistic life lesson.
No wonder most Yea Forumsnons can't appreciate it.

Attached: Shamo - Vol.33 Ch.120 - 2.jpg (1781x1280, 952K)

yeah that chi training arc didn't even had any relevance in later chapters whatsoever. It felt like a fever dream. That's bad story wise but at least we didn't developed that magic shit further.

I think his death fit him even though it's because those retards that just suddenly appeared. I found that scene with the ant actually kinda poetic.

I kinda agree. I was expecting a deep dive into the psychology of a violent criminal. I ended up enjoying the martial arts aspects except for the chi arc but I still hoped it would change its themes and explore Ryo's character more.

Attached: 76935.png (621x1000, 1020K)

i dropped it when he went to china or whatever. did it ever get good again?

Depends who you ask.
Imo you dodged the worst part of the manga. The story turned to shit but there were some pretty good fights after.
I'd say you made the right choice.

love the rape, good rape

should've just raped his sister
shamo really went to shit

The one where Ryo tops or the one when he bottoms?

You belong to me.
SAYONARA IENAKUTE

The series got rebooted after a lawsuit between the artist and the writter, the artist won and turned the story into werid shit.

Attached: x1.png (1119x1600, 211K)

it became a martial arts manga after about 3 chapters

it improved later, but was never as good as it was pre-China

>love the rape, good rape
Yes, we needed to see more of Ryo's sweet-cheeks getting tenderized.

>should've just raped his sister
I doubt she'd really notice it

he died

How would you write the 3rd arc?

which one's the third one?

Everything after Sugawara.

I thought Sugawara was the first arc?
Unless you're considering the prison arc as separate?

Yeah I see it as prison then sugawara and then everything else.

I see.
I dunno. I'm not sure if the China arc should be removed, or just rewritten(I'd favour the latter, I rarely think anything's un-salvageable ).
Excising the magic-Kung Fu stuff would be a good start, but I'm not sure what else.

To be honest that was the ending Narushima deserved. A pointless violent death for a pointless and violent life.

I would keep it in China, cut the monkey bullshit and focus it on Ryo's struggling to provide for his sister.