>Nishiya Futoshi
>confirmed deceased

>Ishida Naomi
>confirmed deceased

>Kigami Yoshiji
>confirmed deceased

>Ogawa Taichi
>still "missing" after almost two weeks

KyoAni's best people are gone. How can the company go on like this?

Attached: 1563511014311.png (1435x1080, 896K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=scf3Nx8qUTo
japantoday.com/category/crime/kyoto-animation-confirms-it-received-novel-from-writer-with-same-name-address-as-arson-suspect?
desuarchive.org/a/thread/191109393/#191119976
japantoday.com/category/crime/kyoto-animation-confirms-it-received-novel-from-writer-with-same-name-address-as-arson-suspect
youtube.com/watch?v=6mVO6VRT_7c
youtube.com/watch?v=vwhuHV_hutc
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=37457
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=38077
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=89081
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It'll go on because a bunch of retarded mindless drones gave them money despite the actual soul of the company literally dying

Their 'best people' could only produce stinkers. From this tragedy their younger staff may soar from the ashes to finally make KyoAni a studio worthy of the absolutely retarded praise they receive.

Both of the main fundraisers so far are listed as being for compensation for the victims and their families, not for the company.
The boost in BD and merchandise sales should be the only thing they get as a company.

These people were hired because of Kyoani's reputation for excellence. It's new hires will also likely be highly competent animators. That's not to say they won't feel an impact in the short term from these losses

There is still hope. There is talent alive yet. Ishihara, Yamada, Ishidate, Kawanami, Noriyuki, Kadowaki, Takase... And people who might come back like C. Ueno, T Aratani, F. Shimo, Y. Horigushi.

And it wasn't confirmed that both Ikedas died. Maybe Shouko is still around (she's Hibike's designer.
Have hope.

kobayashi season 2 was being produced
>tfw you'll never have kobayashi s2 as it was intended to be if ever

Attached: if only you knew.jpg (577x537, 65K)

let it burn
let it burn
let it burn

Attached: 1563970797663.jpg (1530x2175, 567K)

Attached: low quality bait.jpg (125x125, 2K)

Yamada will lead Neo-Kyoani to greatness

>>Kigami Yoshiji
>>confirmed deceased
Source?

Again, Kobayashi 2 was not being produced by Kyoani.

>>Takemoto Yasuhiro
>hasn't made anything good since 2012
>>Nishiya Futoshi
>Character Designer
>>Ishida Naomi
>colourist
>>Ogawa Taichi
>episode directer
I think they will be fine.

Aren’t autists exempt from Japanese Law? Couldn’t he hypothetically get away with it by showing signs of autism (he’s already shown signs beforehand as a trainfag, audiophile, etc.)?

Confirmed by victim age lists.

Honestly out of all the deceased, even above Kigami, and Takemoto (at least for me), Nishiya is by far the one that hurts the most, that man was 1 between millions. You can't replace someone as talented as him, you simply can't. Maybe you can look for someone as good as Nishiya but their styles will never be the same.

I was depressed to hear that a lot of people died, but I went to super depressed when Nishiya was confirmed.

What about this cutie?

Attached: 1535633120307.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

>Kobayashi 2 was not being produced by Kyoani.
It will be extremely awkward to announce this now.

Don't worry, VEG Lesbian Edition is safe for realease!

Attached: untitled.jpg (1225x689, 100K)

She's alive and ready to make KyoAni great again.

Attached: untitled.jpg (1228x691, 137K)

>imaging hang out the washing right next to a building burned down causing 35 deaths

Attached: untitled.jpg (1228x691, 107K)

Nice, and no one can stop her now.

>Ogawa Taichi
>still "missing" after almost two weeks
This will never stop hurting me, fuck, he was aimed to be one of the greatest directors

Attached: 1563490341867.jpg (1365x729, 99K)

>It's an everybody from Hyouka staff is fucking dead episode

given that they still hanged Tsutoumou Miyazaki despite having mental and physical disabilities, I doubt that he would get away with this

I'm really hoping that that 60 year old is someone from the visitors, since the meeting is for the olympics so maybe it's some politician.
Kigami is a very important foundation to KyoAni, their animation style all evolved from him. He is their primordial soup. After a decade, he is directing again, it may not be interesting story wise but making an anime about a studio that he helped create would be a perfect final work for a retiring animator. The new art style in the last PV looked good too. It very saddening to not see it through the end.

>help I’ve been beating the futon for 8 hours a day 3 days straight but it still smells like bacon which would normally not be such a problem except I know it’s not really bacon

>The new art style in the last PV looked good too.
What pv?

youtube.com/watch?v=scf3Nx8qUTo

The death of somebody 61 years of age was confirmed. Kigami was exactly 61 years of age. He's gone, man.

How do you identify the age of a burnt corpse?

Oh no, some moeshit company caught fire. What will we ever do. Their ahow were boring as fuck. Good riddance

Attached: 1553696523477.png (958x657, 498K)

WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE
IT WAS ALWAYS BURNING
SINCE THE WORLD'S BEEN TURNING

*shows

The police now the age-range of the deceased because they checked out the list of the people in and the people who made it or got injured. They know the names since the first day, just not revealing them because of Hatta asking them not to do it. Names we know are because the family relatives talk with the press.

I want to talk about the door to the fucking roof for the umpteenth time but I kind of wonder if anybody would have been safe on the room considering how thick and plentiful the smoke that was coming out of the building was. Everybody on the roof would probably have to lie down on the ground until they were rescued.

You identify the corpse, the age comes from public record.

>These people were hired because of Kyoani's reputation for excellence
Not really. Well, some yes. But people like Kigami have been there from the start and shaped it.

Technically many of them did lie down, after passing out from the smoke. Being unconscious on the floor is about as safe as you can be in a room full of smoke, since you're breathing very slowly where the smoke is thinnest.

>Aren’t autists exempt from Japanese Law
I swear you retards come up with the most stupid shit
Are you talking about the concept of the insanity defence? That doesn’t mean they go free.

In 3 minutes the whole building was full with fire and gasoline smoke.
Whoever didn't jump of the building before that is dead, people going to the door at the roof failed to open it because it had 2 open systems and faint, so the rest of the people going up also fainted because the first bodies blocked the path

The door to the roof is not really important, it might as well have been a curtain or a hole a wall, because they never even reached it, they all passed in the middle of the stairs on the way there. Heat + fast spreading thick smoke + running up stairs + constitution of a person who sits all day is what caused their demise. Some probably even slipped because of the indoor slippers and the polished wooden floor.

In only 1 minute you couldn't see your hand in front of you, or a single light unless you were literally next to a window (Noriyuki's case). And probably people said "let's go to the roof" which was a bad decision (but it was the natural one to choose on those circumstances). If someone would have known how smokes operates, he would have yelled at everyone to go at the balcony instead of the roof, but it's understandable since they're not fire experts.

If you can take a lesson out of this. If you're in a building in fire, never go up, go to the closer window, and even if you can't jump, try to go down somehow.

>Noriyuki-san! Do a flip!
that was too much.

Attached: 1564002829703.jpg (1225x689, 76K)

I guess it just comes back to how nobody working there ever imagined that somebody would try to burn down an animation studio so nobody ever really worried about the details of what to do if there's a fire, much less a gasoline fire. I feel so bad for those people, they didn't do anything but make animation and they were attacked and died in one of the worst possible ways. We'll never see them use their talents ever again and their colleagues, friends, and families will live the rest of their lives feeling the voids of their absences with the idea that they died horrible deaths weighing on them forever.

My best friend passed away last year due to health reasons and I will always feel the void of his absence for the rest of my life. I can only imagine how much worse that would be if he were murdered. That's why I feel for Gatoh especially because he and Takemoto were obviously very close.

>much less a gasoline fire
This is more important, there can always be a fire when you work with paper an ink, they did usually fire drills as training. The problem was being gasoline, 40l of them, and having 3 minutes to live or die.

He didn't even use all 40l apparently, it just took 10l to do the job. I don't know how it could have gotten any worse than it did, though.

Their younger staff is dead too.

Then what happend with the rest? I saw the empty red cans in an alley but dunno if they were still filled with gas or not

>yfw have to deal with new zoomer freshmen animators when you have it just fine with fujo and yuri millenial animators at your place

Attached: Disgust_Hyouka.jpg (472x580, 21K)

There is one silver lining I like to think. When someone close to you dies, but he's part of a work team, usually the ones who survived mourn their death working even harder. And I feel this will be the case (the best example is Noriyuki, escaped the fire and he's already working).

And at least for the employees who weren't in the fire, they probably must be working like machines right now, ocasionally, that's the best way to keep your mind busy and not think about the incident. Sometimes this kind of things not only produces sadness and void, but in some people produce the urgency of giving everything they can give, and in this case, they'll probably pour all that passion and emotion into their work. The remaining staff that doesn't crumble will most likely be stronger than ever now, and with time, they'll be the future of Kyoani.

What are you talking about? Only moeshitfags cared about that SoL garbage they were churning out yearly. This was the same studio that brought you trash like Phantom World.

>>still "missing" after almost two weeks
Amaterasu burns anything at the focal point of view of the user.
The flames never stop until the target is completely destroyed.

Imagine knowing who all these faceless gooks were kek

>The pre-meditated nature of the attack suggests a grudge against the company and/or its employees, and as Aoba was taken into custody by police he was heard to have shouted “They ripped me off” and “They stole my novel, so I set the fire.” Following the attack, Kyoto Animation CEO Hideaki Hatta said: “I have no idea what he’s talking about,” and that he had never had any written or spoken communication with Aoba.

>However, on Tuesday, Kyoto Animation’s attorney said that they have since confirmed that the company did receive a novel from a person named Shinji Aoba, and from an address that matches that of the suspect’s apartment.

>Since 2010, Kyoto Animation has annually solicited novel submissions, from professional or amateur writers, for its Kyoto Animation Awards. In addition to a one-million yen prize for the grand winner, Kyoto Animation has entered into publishing deals for outstanding entries via its KA Esuma Bunko book label, and a number have also been adapted into Kyoto Animation anime series, such as "Violet Evergarden," "Free!" and "Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions."

>Kyoto Animation’s attorney went on to say that the novel submitted by Shinji Aoba was formally eliminated from the contest in the first round of judges’ evaluations. “We have confirmed that it has no similarity to any Kyoto Animation works,” he added.

>japantoday.com/category/crime/kyoto-animation-confirms-it-received-novel-from-writer-with-same-name-address-as-arson-suspect?

So the that retard's novel was so shit it was rejected on the first round that he blindly believed he was ripped off.

Whoops, didn't mean to link that post

School year's just about to start back. Can't wait for you teenage faggots to disappear.

Nothing of value was lost.

Attached: 1563438248174.jpg (2000x1205, 919K)

we won't know until we see what he wrote

>Kyoto Animation’s attorney said that they have since confirmed that the company did receive a novel from a person named Shinji Aoba, and from an address that matches that of the suspect’s apartment.
Then why did the CEO lied about not receiving the submission?

Attached: EAZ25qwUIAE8UJi.jpg (1082x800, 96K)

I wonder if someon is going to try to make cash by actualy publishing it now. It could even be Kyoani as a fuck you to the guy.

If you read the article it clearly states that he might've not had anything to do with the event, hell he lost on first rounds so it must've been forgettable.

Who hurt you?

Considering Aoba's entry was eliminated in the first round of evaluations, it was probably a stupid, irredeemable piece of shit that everybody quickly forgot about. I doubt the president even saw it.

Your mother for not squeezing you out onto a towel after your dad finished fucking her.

>Then why did the CEO lied about not receiving the submission?
If you get like 100 novels every year, you're not supposed to remember every dog shit you receive, that's why you have dedicated staff to filter the really bad works, and arsonist's novel must have been part of those shitty ones.

The only thing I would criticize is that, if you aren't sure, you must never answer in a resounding way. He must have responded that they will investigate the case, and then give an anwer. That way you're not lifting any suspicion.

I thought stupid, irredeemable pieces of shit were the most likely things to get picked up by studios? All the isekai trash flooding the market suggests so.

The president won't see every piece of garbage sent to them. The submissions go through multiple screening phases, and in every phase the vast majority of them is culled. The president probably sees less than one in a thousand entries.

Based Shinji Aoba.

Only a boomer would think this is funny

You have no idea what kind of garbage is being published. All the isekai trash that gets anime adaptations are masterpieces compared to some of the utter garbage that gets printed, not to mention the web novels that never get on paper.

I didn't say it to be funny, I really wish you didn't exist. At the very least that you were stillborn.

>We have confirmed that it has no similarity to any Kyoto Animation works
I assume that means they still have a copy available if they can make that claim. It'd be nice to see it to work out what series he thought was copying him.
I assume the PC from his house may have had a copy as well so the police could confirm it is genuine.

>You have no idea what kind of garbage is being published.
But his literally wasn't published

Well, shouldn't that tell you something?

>he doesn’t know

Not even the same dude, was just scrolling by and called you out on your sperging

Season 1 of this show was the only thing worth a shit desu

Did any VAs die??? I'm only attached to if I hear your voice or not in the anime, not if you were the lead artist or whatever.

Attached: f7990250a60043abd57e29efd23f7844.jpg (640x775, 67K)

He didn't say they never received a submission, just that he personally had never heard of Aoba Shinji

He rushed there while the fire was still happening then conducted an impromptu interview even before the firemen was done. Big mistake for a president and CEO talking directly to the public immediately after a disaster. In his state of panic, he just blurted out shit that could've incriminated him. This shows how lax this company is, like a group of old people in a village starting a vegetable market, amateur businessmen. They didn't even have a company lawyer and had to hire from outside, yet they have been running for a couple of decades with a staff of more than a hundred.

My feelings haven't changed, friend.

He also said something about being sorry that he didn't have a flight of emergency stairs installed. He's lucky he's Japanese, he would've 110% gotten sued if he had said something like that in Burgerland.

You already tried this bait last week, shitposter-kun.
desuarchive.org/a/thread/191109393/#191119976

I'm more inclined to think that Kyoani must have considered that 90% of Aoba's novel was garbage, but 10% of that must have been saveable. And they took those aspects and put it on a different work. In fact, Kyoani is known to add original stuff into their adaptations, and those ideas always come in help when you need to add them into a series (but this is ethically questionable)

That being said, Aoba should have resigned once his novel was declined, but then he was triggered when he realized that Kyoani used concepts of his novel in a different work. You might think of this like "partial plagiarism".

Anyway this is just speculation, once the investigation is finished we might confirm this. And if it's confirmed, I'd seriously recommend Kyoani to stop their current system and re-design it, maybe going public with a new online interface. So people can openly see which works are being declined, and that way they won't never be suspected of plagiarsm at all.

That, or simply get rid of the KA Esuma Bunko for a while. Sadly, you never know if there is more Shinji Aobas out there, so I doubt Kyoani would want to ever put their company at risk again.

He probably got asked "Why wasn't there a fire exit" and said teh first thing that came to mind that would appease the crowd. The firemen that was intervviewed on-site was more exprienced than him, they didn't speak much during the fire and only gave lengthy statements several days later in an arranged press conference.

The only way is to develop new talent to surpass or be on equal terms with them, It's gonna be rough trying to replace someone like Takemoto but it has to be done for them to move forward.

Attached: 1561007581102.gif (540x493, 2.17M)

You're right about all that but that was always part of the charm of KyoAni. They're literally a mom & pop shop that somehow managed to be more renowned than way bigger corporate studios

That's something I like about them, too. It's sad that, in a way, that ended up being something that hurt them.

Kyoto Animation’s attorney went on to say that the novel submitted by Shinji Aoba was formally eliminated from the contest in the first round of judges’ evaluations. “We have confirmed that it has no similarity to any Kyoto Animation works,” he added.
It’s unclear whether Hatta’s initial statement that he had never received any written communication from Aoba is a result of one quickly eliminated novel not being noteworthy enough to stick out in his memory, or if the Kyoto Animation head simply wasn’t personally involved in the initial round of contest judging. Meanwhile, Hatta has promised that, despite the immense loss the company has suffered, Kyoto Animation “will not go quietly into the night.”

>japantoday.com/category/crime/kyoto-animation-confirms-it-received-novel-from-writer-with-same-name-address-as-arson-suspect

Too bad they're suffering because of it. They're underselling themselves when they could have made gold from animated stickmen just riding from their popularity from their Kadokawa works.
Maybe they should really take on Toei's offer for help and give them a few tips on running their business.

>I'm more inclined to think that Kyoani must have considered that 90% of Aoba's novel was garbage, but 10% of that must have been saveable.
I think you're giving the guy far too much credit.

SMALL

INDIE

STUDIO

Violet on the news!

>“will not go quietly into the night.”
It's funny how the original japanese message doesn't even mention this quote, but the translator add it to make it sound more epic. You have to consider that the translation was done by some Kyoani employee, so even if Hatta didn't said this there is some employee who is equally inspired by all the international support and that's good sign. Kyoani's remaining staff must be feeling like fucking spartans going to war with all the support they've been receiving all over the world, I bet they never foresaw this monumental kind of support coming from the world.

Attached: Poem.jpg (1400x774, 106K)

The fact that 35 people could die and they still have people to make anime makes them bigger than most studios.

Most of the world doesn't care about anime, dweeb

Good.

imagine watching
>kanon
>air
>clannad

back to back, in that order, for the first time.

It's gonna be interesting to see the sales of the first TV anime Kyoani put out since the disaster when it happens.

Attached: 1543254367439.jpg (1028x978, 98K)

>Most of the world doesn't care about anime
So, was it aliens who donated more than 1 billion yens to Kyoani user?

Are you really so dumb that you expect the CEO to read every piece of trash that is sent to the studio?

I'd probably stab someone. that much cheap, shallow tragedy back to back would drive me insane.

Fuck off Lelouch

Prepare yourself because Summer Pockets will be the first Kyoani anime post incident. Ishihara need to flex those skills again with more Key stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=6mVO6VRT_7c

Attached: Kanade 2.0.png (1920x1080, 2.16M)

it gonna be lit

Now KyoAni has to create an "original" anime based on the araonist's novel but never mention its real author.

>yfw the biggest Kyoani hit in history is Aoba's plagiarized work

Attached: irony.gif (424x498, 3.16M)

>it was probably a stupid, irredeemable piece of shit that everybody quickly forgot about
VEG went through and even won the grand prize

>Shinkai is a trainfag
>Trainfag did KyoAni
>Shinkai did KyoAni?

Attached: [bonkai77] 5 Centimeters Per Second (2007) [1080p] [DUAL-AUDIO] [x265] [10bit].mkv_snapshot_00.09.07 (1920x1080, 874K)

>What's the LN Title?
>"私の戦い"
>Ohhh, it seems

Has he donated any money? If not Shinkai is BariSaku poster.

Fucking brainlet.

i'm still alive user, have hope!

Looks like we're stuck with Yamada now. Yikes. She was already a forced meme but now #NoOneCanStopHerNow. I hate thinking about this but I don't think I'll enjoy her future works especially now that she'll be hyped as a martyr by normalfags and KyoAni cultists alike. Worst timeline. RIP Takemoto, if only you were here to lift KyoAni from the ashes.

It's not clear if you hate or like Yamada user. *Tsun~tsun*

I don't hate her, user, though I certainly am not fond of her body of work. Like I said, she was already a forced meme before the fire and now she's just going to be shilled insufferably for years and years to come. And it's a shame because at least in my opinion the true talent of KyoAni died in the fire.

Yamada post fire is never going to be the same as before user. Her happiness is dead.
Now probably Yea Forums would elevate her beyond infinite since we can self-insert to her dark self..

Kyoani will find a way.

Well, fuck me, I feel really guilty thinking about this stuff, but my only hope right now is that Dark Yamada delivers. I kinda fucking hate her works especially considering how KyoAni is always shilling her like this one-in-a-generation kind of prodigy. It's a really disappointing turn of events.

Usually people with sad backgrounds tend to create works focused on happinnes, while those without grieving and easy lifes tend to make edgy drama things

I want to procreate with Yamada and make long-neck babies

Only if you have a long neck
As I do ;_;

I just re-watched the Ann episode of Violet Evergarden a few days ago and finding out that the director of that episode is missing(basically dead at this point) was a punch in the gut. Fuck, man. How are they ever going to rebuild?

Yamada and our children will find a way

Will Yamakan helps Kyoani too?
This is the true time to save anime!

Attached: yamakan savior.jpg (400x311, 74K)

How? By getting fired?

Nah, he made a post saying KyoAni brought the fire on themselves. Ain't happening.

>yfw Jap gov will help Kyoani with money
The age of Procreate era will begin!
No more gayshit shows
Procreate shows
I demand a koe no katachi spin-off; Pedro adventures!

Attached: Pedro against the lower brithrates of japan.png (777x577, 388K)

By returning. He was their best episode director after all.

He also directed the OVA and the 4th episode of the S2 of Hibike!

Attached: 1.jpg (1024x576, 44K)

Now its her time to SHINE!
She's directing the new VEG thing before the movie

Attached: Haruka Fujita.jpg (377x500, 65K)

Pedro adventures
>Goes in diverse cities and go fucking all girls
>Inthe back to Ishida family and impregnates her gf again
Abe

Attached: Pedro.jpg (185x257, 9K)

>SHINE!
Funny you should say that. Do we know if she's safe?

He doesn't fit the company culture and would cause more trouble than he's worth.

N-no...
Those who can not confirm their safety
Akiko Ikeda (Haruhi, the character character of Euphos
Iner)
Aki Takeshi-(Drawing director for multiple works)
Chieko Ueno (drawing director for multiple works)
Kadowaki Mirai (Across the Boundary, Sweet Peach, May Dragon,
Tsurune Character Designer)
Kawanami Eisaku (F "ee! Director)
Takayuki Kitanohara (storyboards for multiple works, directing)
Shinpei Sawa (Storyboard for multiple works, production)
Toshie Sezaki (drawing director for multiple works)
Takase Akiko (Violet Ever Garden
Character designer of)
Takemoto Yasuhiro (Fulmeta, Lucky Star, Haruhi, Ice Cream,
Sweet Puri, Director of May Dragon)
Nishiya Taishi (everyday, ice confectionery, character design of F "ee!
Iner)
Hane Kunihiro (original works of multiple works)
Haruka Fujita (Storyboard for multiple works, production)
Noriaki Maruki (drawing director for multiple works)
Yukimura Ai (storyboards for multiple works, directing)

Urobuchi and Okada joins forces to raise Kyoani again
Whats happen?

Attached: butcher and okada.png (1440x611, 604K)

>>hasn't made anything good since 2012
That's true for KyoAni in general.

Based Pedro making hapas in japland

Attached: Maria_Ishida.jpg (350x500, 40K)

>To Your Eternity adptattion
>Aylmaos for urobutcher and edgy drama for Okada
BASED

>Have to leave 1 months innawoods without internet
Well, I hope by September we can get the full list and mourn the deceased
Goospeed, KyoAni

welp

Do you think the dead animators would have wanted everyone to go around wearing wet clothes?

I'm going to Kyoto in a month, do you think the charred building will still be there?

laughed

Probably.

>try and kill a studio
>they become more determined and more successful instead.
youtube.com/watch?v=vwhuHV_hutc

>movie is not about sinfull lesbo relationships
>/u/ scream the whole year
plz let it be

Hatta said they'll try to recover, but I imagine they'll be a lot different once they return. Hopefully not a change in quality/passion put into their work

Who was Nishiya Futoshi, naomi and Taichi ogawa?

It doesn't say who they were, but at least you can see what they did, and in which works they worked.

Futoshi Nishiya
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=37457

Naomi Ishida
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=38077

Taishi Owaga
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=89081

>Akiko Ikeda
>Kadowaki Mirai
>Kawanami Eisaku
>Nishiya Taishi

Attached: 1430217516999.jpg (1280x720, 97K)