What are some examples of when the English VA is better than their Japanese VA?

What are some examples of when the English VA is better than their Japanese VA?
pic related

Attached: goku.png (761x800, 194K)

Latin VA*

pic unrelated
Nozawa is a legend, Schemmel is some random shitty brat

They both suck for different reasons.
Nozawa gets really grating to hear, especially if Goku and Gohan are in the same scene.
Schemmel is a whiny selfish dick that is really losing touch with the character, his roars and screams are noticeably diminished compared to the past.

In short, fucking anyone else but those 2 for Goku.

nah man,Granny Goku is real big pain to listen to,like someone scratching styrofoam

Gene Starwind in Outlaw Star. That's the one and only series where I prefer the English dub to the original. Bob Buchholz is a king.

Pic is not related. Super Beta fuccboi Schemmel has long lost it as Goku.

I can't say anyone for JoJo. I prefer the Japanese cast far more than I do any of the dub's voices.

If I had to say, regarding Dragonball, I do like Beerus' english va a lot more.

>Dragonball
I'd have to go with Frieza (Chris Ayers)

Also, Spike Spiegel, Guts (1997), Judeau (1997)

I honestly can't think of a single example of a dub being better.
Maybe Cowboy Bebop or Black Lagoon? I don't know.
Japan just takes voice acting and continuity so much more seriously than americans do.
I grew up with the english dragon ball z, then 15-20 years later I watched the original dragon ball (jap) and then DB KAI and finally DB Super
The japanese voice for goku is grating, yes, but somehow I still grew like it and to understand why it is what it is.
Besides It's pretty much only recently that america has started to put more effort in to dub voices, since anime is now more widely spread and a bigger market than ever

Piccolo would probably be the only character i will ever like the dub for more.

horrible censorship aside i really like Dan Green's Yami Yugi even if the stark contrast is bluntly stating that it's not actually Yugi(also Dan Green trying to sound like a kid is kinda awkward)

Attached: when you beat Jaiden.png (1096x742, 1.06M)

I prefer Iggy's dub voice over the original. But yeah subbed JoJo is better overall

I guess this is Ironically because children need their hope of the universe character instead of the real deal.

>watching dubs

Attached: astadoingcrunchesveryfast.gif (500x280, 2.62M)

Attached: BDFB1024-135E-49AB-BBC2-6496360A9D46.png (1280x720, 1.33M)

I hate his Japanese voice.

Attached: 1283B2E1-FFEE-4838-810B-CE11F919ADA8.png (347x499, 261K)

stop sucking your own dicklet Shemale

His VA is perfect for the role,
it's just that the character itself is written to be obnoxious and loud

I think the English VA for Mob is better than the Japanese because the overall tone and pitch is much more feminine and gentle, it's a better match for his character than a normal teenager's voice

If only his voice actor wasn't a genuine pedophile and schizo. He does such a great fucking performance as Kira that easily rivals the Japanese version.

I don't even know what the Japanese VA sounds like. I don't even care.

Attached: bang.jpg (1210x642, 63K)

>I don't even know what the Japanese VA sounds like. I don't even care
This is precisely why your type is looked down upon.
Everyone refuses and is incapable of taking you seriously when you flat out open with >"THIS is MY opinion and it's SO superior that I don't even give a shit about what the alternative is!"
Good job fag, all you did was intentionally ignore the question to state a subjective opinion with no substance because you literally have no experience in alternatives.

Even if you were right, no one wants to hear it from your smug ass faggot face, you fucking imbecil.
I feel offended for having to read that shit and being forced to write a reply to such a goddamn obnoxious, self-centered, inane and naive post.
I am now mad.

Attached: 1559643658553.png (264x322, 101K)

Peak autism that had nothing to do with his post but ranted about something else entirely.

lmao literally never, not even for shows that were originally dubbed in english?
Just watch any disney movie with an english dub then watch the japanese version and see how much better it is.
In japan they actually care about skill when it comes to voice acting rather than name recognition like in america.

Wrong. The original is always the best, because it's clearly how the director wanted it. The English VA was chosen by some American studio, going against the original vision of the original director. (exceptions exist though, like Kojima casting Kiefer Sutherland for MGS5)

There is no Latin dub of Dragon Ball.

based. There's something about a lot of anime with an American aesthetic that irreparably taints the original VA. Baccano's very much in the same boat as Bebop on this, it just sounds ridiculous hearing these big tough New York/Chicago mafia members speaking anything except english

I always liked young Joseph's dub in Battle Tendency; he kinda captured the dickish nature of him and the whole 'NEXT YOU'LL SAY...' was pretty great

Attached: Joseph was right.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

hang yourself granny fetishist

Attached: Chronofuck.jpg (137x184, 8K)