Funimation’s Hensuki Subs Translate “Lolicon” to “Pedophile”

Funimation’s tendency to push a less than genuine translation for the sake of their agenda has continued, as their subtitles for the latest episode of Kawaiikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasu ka? (also known as Hensuki) have opted to translate the word “lolicon” into “pedophile”

Attached: file.png (1440x782, 903K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=72916319)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>agenda

Attached: 1548022436214.jpg (678x381, 94K)

>funimation
lmaooo

who cares about the same dudes responsible for their shitty dragon ball and yu yu hakusho dubs

>paying for shitty subs

>Subs Translate “Lolicon” to “Pedophile”
That is perfectly correct. The Japanese word use the word rorikon to mean pedophile.
Yea Forums does not. Yea Forums uses the word to speak of an interest purely o 2D characters. But these subtitles were not made for Yea Forums.

Doesn't lolicon translate somewhat to pedo in Nip?

It does.

This is a vital error as the two words are not equivalent; lolicon fantasize about fictional characters of the underage sort by way of harmless (and often unrealistic) drawings and usually have no interest in actual children – pedophiles, however, lust after real children and likely will not hesitate to harm them.

Funimation’s decision to translate the word lolicon as such will no doubt cause confusion, especially since in a previous episode, they decided to decipher the word “loli” as “lolita”:
The company has been no stranger to pushing out questionable dub translations, as in the past they have called those who like erotic light novels “horny losers with mommy issues” and have even needlessly inserted a Gamergate quip into a show for seemingly no reason at all.

Attached: file.png (1440x796, 1.55M)

Yes, pedos are just mad to be called who they are

yeah people don't seem to understand that context matters, when she said it like this, she meant pedophile

Lolicon means pedophile, what's the issue?

anime becoming mainstream was a mistake

That's literally what it means, people are just ass mad they're being called out on it.

They are not wrong.

Technically, pedophile is specifically used for people who are primarily or exclusively attracted to children 12 years old or younger, while lolicon is a colloquial term that is used for meaning "into little girls" which can extend all the way to petite high schoolers. But because people tend to use words in broad ways most of the time they're interchangeable.

Yes, but we're not in Japan. Overseas, the meaning of lolicon changes to 2D only.

Similar thing with anime. In japan, anime = animation/cartoon/etc. In overseas, anime = japanese animation and cartoon=every other animation.

Time for mental gymnastics

Normalfag cancer is apparent in this thread as well.

>Yes, but we're not in Japan.
They were speaking Japanese. If you want to translate what they said to English, you need to assume that the Japanese people using Japanese language referred to the Japanese definition of that Japanese word.

>everywhere in the world
ロリコン
Noun
1. lolicon; male pedophile; male sexually attracted to prepubescent girls Abbreviation
2. lolicon; male pedophilia Abbreviation

>on the website populated by people who consider themselves lolicons
Aktschually, it refers to people who are sexually attracted to drawn characters, so this translation is wrong.

You people could get gold at the Olympics in mental gymnastics.

Attached: 1550899781576.png (511x152, 11K)

>supporting funimation
That's your problem.

This normalfag knows nothing about real CP and so doesn't know that the girls in it are often called lolitas

wait if lolicon is male pedohile what's female pedophile

why am I not surprised this thread got ruined by normalfag tourists that only started posting on Yea Forums within the past couple of years?
this shithole doesn't even allow sadpanda or sakurafish anymore

Everything in this post is wrong. From the age, to the use of the term lolicon in the Japanese language.

That definition is flawed, women can be lolicon too.

Excuse me? That's not a thing!

Attached: 1403047868474.gif (534x300, 630K)

It does.

Good job Funi for not pandering to braindead weaboos and giving an accurate translation instead

少年愛嗜好

If this was not said then Rubinstein is wrong and should be called out for their bullshit.

I sincerely hope you never use the word anime either, since the Japanese only use it to refer to cartoons in general. Either that or you call western cartoons anime as well.

If you're going to like children in that way, then accept the term that applies to it, you pedophiles.

the obvious cultural difference is that lolicon does not carry the same pervasive negative connotation as pedophile. If it indeed were such a taboo and disgusting thing, it wouldn't even be a topic in anime, cartoons delivered to children.

So yes, it is extremely intellectually dishonest to translate lolicon as pedophile. It's like the equivalent of saying unwanted flirting or catcalls are the same as literal rape.

This disingenuous translation only serves to muddy the difference between the two, and ironically paint "pedophilia" in a more light-hearted positive tone reflected by the anime.

Funimation = retarded and pedophiles

ITT: normaldubfags the thread

>lolicon
>loli con
>Lolita Complex
Its etymology literally comes from a book about a (3D) pedophile. Get your head out of your arse, you ESL.

Attached: 12614950-3D8C-4893-95E8-E6AB14778D7C.jpg (274x321, 26K)

Poor attempt, pedo.

more like ITT: seething pedos

So you're upset that your reputation of liking little anime girls could be smeared?

小児性愛

If this was not said then Rubinstein is wrong and should be called out for their bullshit.

The only thing Funi has done a good job at is Monica Rial firing that shitty pathetic excuse of a "voice actor"'s career.

get out

There is a difference between translating from Japanese to English and using loanwords on Yea Forums. Are you pretending to be stupid or are you stupid?

>it is extremely intellectually dishonest to translate lolicon as pedophile
I am sure it is, pedo. I am sure it is.

They're not speaking in English translation either, so English translation needs to be accessible to English anime viewers, not to Japanese anime viewers.

Ask a random Japanese salaryman if hes a lolicon and see the response you get

how dumb do you have to be to come here and complain about lolicon

I just went over the fucking fact of the shit in the very post you stupid nigger. Read it again:

>the obvious cultural difference is that lolicon does not carry the same pervasive negative connotation as pedophile. If it indeed were such a taboo and disgusting thing, it wouldn't even be a topic in anime, cartoons delivered to children.

it was the first fucking sentence you goldfish-brained motherfucker

>If it indeed were such a taboo and disgusting thing, it wouldn't even be a topic in anime, cartoons delivered to children.
That's just because Japanese people are more honest about telling children about how the world is. There are pedophiles out there who are into kids or young teens, that's a thing, and some are dangerous while others are just kinda weird or creepy. It's because they are this honest about it, rather than covering it up and treating pedophilia as this distant satanic thing that must not be spoken of, that the word that equates to "pedophile" doesn't automatically horrify people as much in Japan.

アニメ and ロリコン actually are pretty comparable. The first means "cartoons" in Japanese but "Japanese cartoons" in English, so despite having the exact same sound and considerable semantic overlap translation is necessary. Lolicon is the same; while in English it can connote "2D only pedo" in Japanese it doesn't have that meaning. Leaving it untranslated makes weaboos feel smart but fails to get the meaning across

This entire thread shows Yea Forums is long past dead
Normalfags, redditors. and shounenfags have taken over the board and ruined it

Which one is which? Is anime a loan word and not a lolicon?

hhaihaha ill now say "cope pedo" that'll show you ahahaj

absolute state of Yea Forums

>They're not speaking in English translation either,
What does that even mean?
>English translation needs to be accessible to English anime viewers,
Which it is. The meaning of what was said was conveyed accurately.

We've had this argument before. In general lolicon can be translated into English as either "lolicon" or "pedophile". In a strongly negative context, "pedophile" is the correct translation because the word pedophile has only negative (usually extremely negative) connotations. In a joking, slightly negative, neutral, or positive context, "lolicon" is probably the better term.

Refusing to admit that you're a pedo despite being one because it's too shocking or whatever is normalfaggotry of the highest degree

And you are "intellectually dishonest" by making this claim, Mr. Goldfish brain. The term roricon does not pop up in shows made for children. It pops up in shows that air 2am local time. Those aren't made for children. They are made for adults. You barely ever hear this term outside of SoL/CGDCT and Kirara adaptation and those, in case you didn't realize, are neither watched nor read by minors.

it's kind of fun that when Yea Forums is faced with a correct translation such as this one you guys would rather have a localization of the term instead of its real meaning

Attached: 1563418849149.png (613x855, 421K)

wow these 2d drawings sure get hurt you know
go make a law about them

I've yet to see a single anime where the mention of lolicon isn't done so in a playful way that goes nowhere, or doesn't explicit cater to a lolicon audience. Do you even watch anime.

Attached: really.png (350x451, 25K)

The entire west took the word anime to mean Japanese cartoons.
Yea Forums took the word lolicon to mean "2D paedophile".
So when the Japanese speak of anime, a correct translation would turn that into "cartoons", because the Japanese are probably not talking about Japanese cartoons (unless the context makes that clear).

When the Japanese use the word lolicon, the correct translation would be paedophile, because that is probably what the Japanese meant.

>Which it is. The meaning of what was said was conveyed accurately.
Obviously not, this is why OP created the thread in the first place.

I don't see the issue

The word lolicon also means 2D only in 2chan as well. lolicon as a pedophile only applies to general 3D realm.

Are we getting raided by discordfags again?
Those SCP Yea Forumsermin or is it the shounenfags?

this but unironically

Attached: 1556478223319.jpg (526x960, 92K)

Would be nice if it actually was. Looking at the template threads in the catalogue right now, and thinking back of the template threads in the past, pre normalfag Yea Forums was no better. It's amusing to me KusoAnus niggers who watched Lucky Star and FMP think they can claim the highground over shonenshitters. You're arguably even worse than them. Goddamn bottomfeeders.

>hey guys I'm into little children but I'm NOT a pedophile okay?

shotacon

are you dense?

Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru has a character using the term lolicon in a clearly negative light (even though it's a show that caters to lolicons as well as tomboy muscle fetishists) because it's a loli character foimly and unequivocally rejecting the advances of an adult woman.

>who watched FMP
what's the problem with watching one of the best anime in existence?

OP is just irritated because he thinks that he knows better. He doesn't.
It's like when the Japanese use the word "bitch". That doesn't translate to bitch.

>correct translation would be paedophile, because that is probably what the Japanese meant.
That depends entirely on what the Japanese mean. When they say lolicon they don't necessarily always mean "pedophile" in the sense that English-speakers would use the word.

what does the janny's asshole taste like

that's for liking little boys, what about girls liking girls, I've heard those being called lolicon too

>this guy thinks anime is meant for adults
jesus christ my man. Even if you wanted to play it like that, literal "kids show" animes are filled with child protagonists often wearing bizarre fantastical or inappropriate clothes.

t h i n k

Attached: 1430778599625.jpg (668x678, 67K)

>being normal is bad
Would rather be that than a delusional pedo

Insecure westerners like you should kill yourselves. Lolicon means pedophile in Japan. Accept it and move on. See .
Ironic lolicons like you should fuck off back to rеddit. And why would Funimation have an agenda for pedophiles? Are you retarded?
Kill yourself, ironic lolicon. Your kind belongs on a different website.

Also, I'll remind you that pedophile does not mean child molester. It simply means someone who is attracted to children.
>lolicon fantasize about fictional characters of the underage sort by way of harmless (and often unrealistic) drawings and usually have no interest in actual children – pedophiles, however, lust after real children and likely will not hesitate to harm them.
Don't delude yourself, ironic lolicon. You're all post-gamergate newfags. Your shitty western opinion is completely irrelevant. ロリコン means pedophile in Japan.

>would rather be that
you already are

Attached: [RyuujiTK] Han-Gyaku-Sei Million Arthur - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_23.18_[2018.11.19_19.09.44].jpg (1280x720, 518K)

Probably ABIB's discord crew getting busy again. It's a well known fact that he'll protect any shitposters that agree with his views regardless of whether they're breaking the rules in doing so.

I almost forgot context doesn't matter for smooth brains

normal nigger raid?

OP mad about being corrected with a simple fact

Stop using the P-word on Yea Forums

Attached: Z.jpg (273x184, 8K)

小児性愛 and ロリコン are like homosexual and gay. Different register, same meaning

Thanks, now I don't have to feel associated with these scum.

I think it depends on what kind of audience you're translating for. Back in the days of fansubs translating "lolicon" as "lolicon" was more or less fine, but translations aimed at a much wider, less fanatically interested audience wouldn't be wrong to settle for "pedophile", even though it definitely would need a translation note to explain the subtleties of the term and why the character being called a lolicon shouldn't automatically be crucified.

At best you could argue "pedo" would have been better contextually

>being a closeted self-hating pedo

Worse than normalfag haglovers in my eyes.

Attached: 1543011261597.jpg (225x350, 37K)

>"lolicon bad!!!!!!!"
such a powerful message...

Attached: 1494190215806.gif (540x540, 1.13M)

yup

Attached: file.png (3582x1772, 3.16M)

>even though it definitely would need a translation note to explain the subtleties of the term and why the character being called a lolicon shouldn't automatically be crucified.
No it wouldn't

only ironic lolicons from twitter give a fuck about this. lolicons and shotacons have been called pedos by everyone for decades

Attached: 1545291354139.jpg (1219x1750, 332K)

>why the character being called a lolicon shouldn't automatically be crucified.
Because it's a cartoon, and lusting after anime girls is played up for laughs mostly.
That doesn't need much explanation.
If real people behaved like that in Japan, they'd get into trouble quickly.

Pedophile is actually the incorrect term. They should have gone for accuracy and used the term kiddy diddler.

doesnt lolicon mean loli complex like siscon means sister complex

>Funimation’s Hensuki Subs Translate “Lolicon” to “Pedophile”

So does google (or did last I checked).
By the way, in the /h/ sticky you can see your "totally different from pedos" lolicons in action.

Attached: ⁄ h ⁄ sticky turns into pedo self-help group.png (1859x838, 111K)

Put your trip back on, Daiz. I know you're here, you fucking faggot.

if not in the context of 2D (in-universe) this is an accurate translation

Yeah but that's where you brush up against the difficulties of translating a niche Japanese medium to a broader American audience. Back when it was fansubbers translating to a niche Western audience, these sorts of problems were far less common.

based

How would you even localize siscon? Sisterfucker?

They are right tho. Pedophilia is the sexual attraction to real, as well fictional, being that we perceive as underage.

>tho

alabama residents

>these sorts of problems were far less common
There's no problem here. Merely a group of people who suffers from severe self-hatred and refuses to accept what they are.

>translating a niche Japanese medium to a broader American audience.
That's a retarded thing to do in the first place. Most Japanese are disgusted by these anime. And now you want to sell them as "totally okay for the whole family" to Americans?
At least be honest about the impossibility of your endeavor and go nuts with the censorship. Turn it all into donuts.

>refuses to accept
what, a term made of few letters put near each other? I'm so hurt lmao

not a single person denied being a lolicon

Sister complex work (since we have Oedipus complexes in English, for instance).

Yep. Funimation is right on the money on this one.

Comedy gold

There isn't an equivalent English word and there's no corps of braindead weeb faggots who have their own made-up meaning for "siscon" so leaving it alone could be fine. Or it could be translated into a different part of speech

“Pedophile” is more accessible to English speakers than “lolicon”. Stay mad.

Only ironic lolicons hate pedophilia. Only ironic lolicons think loli art has nothing to do with "3D lolis." They're the same retards who came here after Gamergate and make FBI memes. Japan doesn't distinguish between 2D lolicons and 3D lolicons. Only insecure westerners do. The USA has brainwashed its citizens into believing that simply being attracted to children is the worst crime imaginable.

Ironic lolicons don't know Japanese, thus they don't what lolicon actually means either.

They're right on the money on firing that faggot responsible for fmafags being a thing, that's for sure

if
>lolicon = lolita fetish = pedophile
then
>siscon = sister fetish = sisterfucker

Yes.

>Overseas, the meaning of lolicon changes to 2D only.
According to no one

>Most Japanese are disgusted by these anime.
Yea Forums is in denial about many obvious facts and this one more than any other

This thread is fucking hilarious. Why don't you lolicons stage a protest outside of funimations offices? Start a hastag on twitter

Attached: 1474803891659.png (283x280, 115K)

He wants to fuck his sister. That doesn't mean she'll let him. Calling him a sister fucker implies that she's a brother fucker.

Lurk more.

The identity of being a pedophile doesn't necessarily have anything to do with harming children, it's simply being attracted to children

>but they're drawings
And anons don't like 3DPD women and only like fictional ones, but we still refer to them as heterosexual. You still like depictions of small prepubescent bodies and children's personalities.

I don't think loli/shota shit should be outlawed, but I can't stand when pedofags try to rationalize it. Just own it. I like incest, and I'm never gonna try and convince anyone that that isn't weird or that I don't actually like incest just because I don't find my family attractive

>Why don't you lolicons stage a protest outside of funimations offices?
Because only ironic lolicons actually think that translation is wrong.

>posts screenshot that has nothing to do with the thread's subject
Are you retarded?

Say, this reminds me of that scene from KonoSuba, the one where Kazuma forces Megumin to get in the bath with him or whatever. I watched the series a while ago so I don't recall it that well, but I do remember that after they do get in the bath together, Megumin calls Kazuma a "lolicon". It's pretty clear from the context of that scene that Megumin is accusing him of being a pedophile in the actual, 3D sense. There aren't any edgy loli doujins nearby for Kazuma to ironically wank off to, only a naked 14-year-old girl whom he forced to take off her clothes and get into the bath with him. Would you still keep "lolicon" untranslated there, or would you translate it as "pedophile"? If you choose the former, congrats, you're a shitty translator.
On another note, claiming that "lolicon" and "loli" only refer to 2D hentai or young anime girls in a non-sexual sense is exactly the kind of thing that Reddit does. They brag all the time in their shitty memes about "lewding le loli" but then turn around and say that they're not pedophiles. I don't really care whether you are a pedophile since sexual attractions are involuntary, but at least don't be afraid of getting called what you are.

Attached: 1544093988731.jpg (600x623, 66K)

>look at thread
>literally first few replies are "lolicon can mean pedophile in Japan"
>ok whatever
>scroll down
>retards repeating the same thing over and over and over as if they're the ones correcting the OP
Holy fuck. This is what being starved for attention looks like.

Attached: 1539022916114.jpg (887x1097, 77K)

>Sankaku Complex

Yes

I literally only fap to lolis and I don't see the issue with this.
That's how the Japanese use the word.

Yea Forums died years ago, man I thought things were shitty back on 2009 Yea Forums but newfags really proved me wrong

Upvoted

based

If "lolicon" means "pedophile", then what does "shotacon" mean?

>make FBI memes
Gotta be tru4channer and make partyvan memes with the FBI logo on them instead

pedophile

>Most Japanese are disgusted by these anime.
MAYBE faceless salarymen are but as far as I know everyone who works in animanga of ANY type is near-guaranteed to be a pedo.

>Kenshin author and Toriko author both LITERALLY got busted for child porn
>Oda is a personal friend and former work partner of BOTH (total coincidence hehe, see pic related)
>Togashi fucking OBVIOUSLY a gay pedo
>Toei staff pedo (DB GT Pan is lewded to hell and back and literally has deers sucking on her nipples, creepers forcefully undressing her as a "puppet", and Pan acting like slut in some scenes), not sure about Toriyama himself

It doesn't end there, look at Kentaro Miura, fucking obviously loves his moeshit little girls, plays Idolmaster all day, draws Schierke naked every chance he gets, etc.

Attached: oda pedo.png (744x104, 88K)

What would Yea Forums be like if /pol/ never invited Reddit in mass during the 2016 elections?

They can be lumped together just the same way that "homosexual" means both gay and lesbian.

Oh, if you want to get more precise you can always describe the person in question as a heterosexual paedophile or as an equal opportunity paedophile or whatever.

I mean this is an anonymous image board, but it would be impossible to openly admit to be a pedo irl and still live normally.

It's the difficulty with translating a niche medium for a mass audience. Back when it was a niche medium being translated for a niche audience, a single translation would be able to influence the entire audience, even if it was a somewhat complex non-translation with a variety of niche cultural implications.

She’s just just as bad if not worse. Let’s just get this out of the way and say all dubbing sucks

> Funimation

Attached: med.jpg (640x720, 344K)

Can’t wait until trap lover gets translated to homosexual.

Tezuka and Walt Disney were both furries, does that mean a German translation of their works should make it seem like bestiality was not considered deviant in that era?

When Oda speaks of little sisters, I'm pretty sure he's thinking of D cups.
That man loves boobs.

Pedophile, but for little boys. Both come from the names of literary characters.

This, as a lolicon, I don't mind being called what I am.
>I mean this is an anonymous image board
Exactly. Admitting it here has 0 repercussions.

>bro, Kirara adaptations airing 2am in the morning on a weekday are intended for families to watch in unison
Y i k e s.

they (((translated))) traps to trannies

>I mean this is an anonymous image board,
That it is, Gregor.

That depends on the target audience. If they were voyeuristically flaunting bestiality to ordinary people, then that kind of translation would make sense. But if they were aiming their works at fellow deviants, then adding that sharpness to the translation would be inaccurate.

I would pay anything to make anime niche again so I don't have to argue semantics with all the little shits who just discovered the internet

oh no no no

the sub translation does indeed call him a pedophile in that scene.

However the entire scene is a comedy sketch, and the theme of that outright negates any seriously taboo intention of the definition of their wording as "loli-neet".

To be more accurate, the translation is actually "pedo-neet", so it may be that lolicon has a more 'accurate' translation to just the shorthand "pedo" in terms of delivering in a playful joking manner.

Attached: 2019-07-28_11-14-36.webm (726x396, 2.72M)

男の娘 is another example of a word Yea Forums thinks is 2D only even though the Japanese has no such connotation

In that case would "trap-lover" have to be translated as "heterosexual"?

There's this guy on Pixiv (pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=72916319) who claims to make some of his art from his relative's JS daughter doing nude modeling for him.

The story is almost definitely fake but it's pretty interesting how boldly he talks about it and how much people praise him in the comments.

14 year old isn't in proper pedophile range.

I take everything back, that's based

What’s wrong with Kirara?