Now that part 5 is over and both oldfag mangareaders and newfag animeonlies are on the same page, lets discuss the part...

Now that part 5 is over and both oldfag mangareaders and newfag animeonlies are on the same page, lets discuss the part. What were some of it's strengths and weaknesses? Im most interested in what you guys thought the flaws and unanswered questions of this part were.

Attached: animemanga.png (637x937, 953K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tiermaker.com/create/jojo-part-5-fights-156991
youtu.be/TdPGWEFa6UM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pacing and focus were good

>pacing
>can't go five meters without a stand battle

what the fuck was that last arc, that girl killed herself cos she has the same illness as daddy? Obviously they wouldn't use her organ if it has the same disease as the Father's.

>pacing
>everyone besides abba loves giorno without having any scenes with one another

She was still in the early stages of the disease.

I liked the super fast pace and serious life or death tone. In the older parts, unless it was DIO or pillar men, the mc's fought the baddies and in the end humiliated them or sent them to the hospital. Here, it's kill or be killed, thus the fights are way more intense and intriguing.

I disagree. It makes it look edgy more than anything. The abilities of enemies aren't more lethal than 3 and 4

Fugo still got pissed at gio

It might have had the strongest supporting cast of all the parts so far. Mista is a good boi. Bucariti's death actually made me cry unlike any of the other deaths in Jojo so far, oh, and also Narancia's.

My complaints are that the final boss went down too easy after Giorno got the arrow. Like, he got btfo super fucking hard that he'll be dying forever for some reason that still doesn't make sense. Another con is that Giorno himself is pretty weak personality wise and might be my least favorite of all the MC jojos. Bucariti was the real MC. Also Part 5 second half had a pretty weak OP.

fights are the best part of jojo.
I didn't say realistic relationships. Bad pacing, is where the story goes nowhere, focuses on flashbacks, or reiterates what the viewers already know. Part 5 keeps the pace by focusing what is going on in the present.

>strengths
Diavolo, who did nothing wrong.
>weaknesses
Giorno.

Forgot about this forgettable character

This has to be a meme in the same way VAs characters are just boilerplate memes. Almost none of them are properly fldshed out, barely any of them have interesting developments at all.

My main problem was Diavolo. He felt very half realized. Even before he showed up, he had some serious rep behind him. His first appearance was the best and most intimidating Jojo villain intro ever. His second appearance as Doppio was funny and scary at the same time (when he kills Abbacio). His third appearance at the colloseum started out great and then really took a nosedive. Basically he shows up, gets put to sleep, gets his body stolen and then feels very weak and non threatening. His reveal is ruined by the fact that his body gets stolen and we get overexposed to him, which takes away from his threat. And he is constantly cornered, failing or being outwitted. Also, his childhood was kinda explored, but left more questions than answers. His relationship with Doppio was kinda weak and not that important in the long run (once he reveals himself, Doppio loses all relevance). So yeah, there are way too many questions about the guy and he lost all his villain threat factor after his reveal.

It was really fucking good, and confirms the rule we already know from the manga: the less a part has to do with Dio, the better it is.
4 > 2 > 5 > 6 (hopefully the anime will confirm this too) > 3 > 1

What about 7 and 8?

>PROS
+great pacing with every arc developing something and having purpose and never really having any lacking segments
+uses its cast well and all of them are fleshed out and contribute to the story in interesting ways
+enough light hearted downtime moments to break up the fights
+theme of defying fate and having the characters continually persevere despite having the odds stacked against them spoke to me

>CONS
-the ending. how did giorno become the boss? what happened to fugo? what happened to trish??? nothing. disappointing even if the last shot is 10/10
-art direction is ugly as balls, even worse coming off part 4's colorful town
-some poor music usage

Attached: jojo.jpg (1920x1080, 316K)

They are a different continuity, but are around 4-2.

Fugo's Purple Haze was one of the coolest stands in part 5 and we only got to see it used for about 2 eps.

Doesn't Giorno look very small here? like if he got up He'd be tiny compared to the suit dudes and the doorway especially

>strengths
trish is cute
>weaknesses
asspull pokemon bullshit instead of chads beating up vampires with sun energy

Attached: J3nkK1u.jpg (750x1278, 166K)

BASED

Did you even pay attention? The stone warned her that she'd die of that illness, which she had not yet developed, so really the best option for her was death by rolling stone so her organ could be donated.

>Also, his childhood was kinda explored, but left more questions than answers.
This was fine though. His backstory more or less acts a creepypasta/horror story of sorts.

>His relationship with Doppio was kinda weak and not that important in the long run (once he reveals himself, Doppio loses all relevance).
I just think of the two as split personalities in one character (as outlined by Polnareff). If anything, it makes sense to view Doppio as Diavolo's stunted younger self that never grew past that trauma years ago.

>Basically he shows up, gets put to sleep, gets his body stolen and then feels very weak and non threatening.
This was my biggest problem. The reveal keeps the tension high when he fights Polnareff but then the whole thing gets deflated with the bodyswap gimmick where Diavolo barely even got time to shine in his actual look.

I have to give huge thumbs up for part 5's anime adaptation. This is honestly the best looking and animated part yet. There was so much sakuga, character acting and overall nice looking shots.

Diavolo should have won

>This is honestly the best looking and animated part yet
no

Attached: Part 3 Silver Chariot vs Ebony Devil.webm (854x480, 1.91M)

>weaknesses
Diavolo, that's it.

giorno sucks more than diavolo

tiermaker.com/create/jojo-part-5-fights-156991
While we are already here discussing the part, rank the part 5 fights.

Attached: my-image.png (1064x467, 470K)

Attached: my-image.png (936x467, 426K)

Strengths? Some of the stands had cool concepts, like Beach Boy or Aerosmith. Great OST as usual.

Weaknesses? Pretty much everything else. I am not a fan of this part what so ever. Don't like the story or the characters, or the artstyle for that matter.

did giorno ever find out that he was a joestar? i feel like polnareff should have told him

>strengths
Bucciaratti, la squadra, Doppio, Kraftwerk
>weaknesses
too many characters in the protagonist group, most of them being underdeveloped
Giorno being the most bland character in the entire franchise
unexplored aspects of being in a gang, this shit was only used to set up villains and nothing else. would have been better if Araki explored the idea of gang rivalries more other than using it as just another stand user of the week format
silver chariot requiem
GE and GER
Araki's superstitions about fate and trying to be deep by implementing this unexplainable bullshit as the parts main point
Diavolo being the most generic villain after being separated from Doppio
overall a shit part and I don't understand why people praise it so much, feel free to shit on my opinion id like to see your arguments

Attached: 1555939218299.jpg (381x381, 30K)

>Jotaro keeps tabs on Giorno
>Even sends Koichi too look into the possible Joestar/DIO's son (either option is worth contacting him over)
>Then kinda gives up and never bother again on screen.
He should have at least shown up in the last scene to talk to boss Giorno about his family.

Here's mine

Attached: tier list.png (1064x466, 430K)

Attached: my-image.png (1064x467, 468K)

How does King Crimson work?

>Look 10 seconds into the future
>See bad thing happen
>Cut out the part where bad thing happened to you, thus removing yourself from that equation
>Bad thing has already happened and missed you once the skip ends.

jotaro dies in part 6

Dio Brando is great, Dio in 3 is shit

Well he is a teenager while those guys are obviously adults.

They trusted Bruno, and still didn't trust Giorno until he proved himself in dire battles.

too bad he acts nothing like one. he could have been 20 and it would change nothing

1 > 2 > 6 when it's finally out > 5 > 3 > 4

The last boss battle was an anticlimactic non-battle. Jonathan, Joseph, Jotaro, and Josuke all had actual fights with their final boss. Giorno got the arrow and just beat the hell out of Diavolo with no recourse. He didn't use his brain to come up with some elaborate strategy to get the arrow, it just deemed Diavolo unworthy for reasons never explained and handed Giorno the win.

So taking the easy way out turned out to be more useful? Great writing Araki.

cringe

Why?

Excellent tier:
>Steel Ball Run
Very good tier:
>Stone Ocean
Good tier:
>Battle Tendency
>Stardust Crusaders
>Diamond is Unbreakable
Acceptable tier:
>Phantom Blood
Bad tier:
>Vento Aureo
Jojolion tier:
>Jojolion

Attached: Jojo in a nut.jpg (1714x1252, 729K)

I think Araki wrote himself into a corner with how OP king Crimson was. So he had to introduce an outside plot device to solve this parts conflict. There is no realistic way to have a prolonged battle with King Crimson, so the fight had to end when it started. At least Dio was menacing right up to the last showdown at the bridge. Diavolo just stumbled around, kept failing and being cornered and then lost and got a confusing defeat.

>strengths
The fights
The designs
The way the MoW formula was done to not make it look like filler (unlike part4)
>weaknesses
Literally everything else

Yeah but the way they're using their abilities is a lot more menacing, especially in the Little Feet or Soft Machine fights, which sound like cartoon abilities but are actually scary in their respective fights

1 and 2 are mediocre
based and true

>1 and 2 are mediocre
Nah, they are THE jojo's bizarre adventure. Everything else ranges from mediocre to alright.

I liked everything but even tho I do think GER vs KC is fitting I can't deny that I would have liked to see a bit more before getting into Sleeping Slaves.

Love is a pretty strong word, senpai. They loved and trusted Bruno and Bruno alone for some time and Giorno was just the newbie outsider. They only come to respect him after he willingly put himself in numerous fatal situations to save them and/or help them get the opportunity to bring an enemy down. With time they could have come to but they didn't have much time to really get to know him that well to have that same level of admiration they do for Bruno. For example the scene of the blood drip test with Mista: if Bruno were in Giorno's place doing that test Mista likely would have been on board without a fuss but he pulls a gun on Giorno and threatens to shoot him when the chips were down. The only reason it felt like that is because Passione is full of pretty friendly dudes with exception to Abbachio and they weren't gonna go out of their way to be assholes to Giorno early on and especially after he nearly died fighting alongside them.

Attached: passion.jpg (640x492, 116K)

Why did you put the best tier below the others?

Jojolion? Jojolion is Jojolion tier, i don't know what are you talking about.

BASED

Attached: Jonathan2007Movie.JPG.jpg (224x500, 29K)

Yeah, it should be at the top.

I really liked it, setting and overall story was really great. However I have 3 issues: I think that Giorno had a really weak motivation, that they barely played with the little bit of motivation that was there, and that the Rolling Stone's arc was too tacked on at the end. To show what i mean and to further actual discussion i have 3 rough rewrites.
Giorno's motivation now isn't just "i wanna be a gangstar and drugs are bad", in this version he is already a member of passione, but only like an errand boy, and he is perfectly fine with that, until he sees that the boss and passione's methods and tasks are getting more and more greedy and evil, i.e. selling drugs to children and recruiting them when they're too young etc, just throw in some evil shit. Now giorno grew up with the view that in a corrupt wold where the police can't keep people safe, the mafia, as criminal as they are, are still a respectable authority, like the man who helped giorno as a child when he didn't rat him out. The mafia are still criminals, but righteous, in a way, believing in repaying favors, having their own code of honor etc. When giorno sees how passione has just become a group of street thugs he wants to usurp the boss to restore the respect it used to have. He doesn't just want Passione to get rid of drugs for children, but because he has seen the organization decline, and wants to rebuild it. Girono has hints of this in one single scene, but it needs to be fleshed out more.
To further accentuate this, the villains of the week won't all just be random assassin's, but people who hold power in passione, like Capos, Lieutenants and corrupt police higher ups, some of them swear loyalty to Giorno after they're beaten, so they aren't just defending themselves, but actually taking over territory from the boss. One of those people is Nero, who sees the gang as the best way to get back at the boss and takes over Polnareff's role, as Polnareff's introduction was kind of useless.
(cont.)

Nero eventually warms up to the group, and through him we basically see a validation of Giorno's leadership potential. Not only does all of this give Giorno a more fleshed out motivation, it also makes him a bit more interesting compared to other JoJo's imo. He is now still just and heroic, but also an ambitious mafiosi. Not a traditional hero, but still a good guy, a true JoJo.
Now, as for Rolling stones, i'd keep the arc kind of the same, but change its place and have it be Giorno's introduction to Bucciarati's gang. To prove his abilities, he is supposed to accompany Mista and aid him with the sculptor, and the arc goes relatively the same, just that Giorno is there, and that its treated more ambiguous and a as just another stand villain of the week fight, with focus being more on Giorno and Mista getting to know each other, and then when they defeat Rolling Stones, we don't see abbachio's and narancia's faces, but just another hey we did it walk into the sunset, and then it gets ignored, right up until the end. After they beat Diavolo, they see Rolling Stones again, having the faces of Bucciarati, Narancia and Abbachio, then we get a flashback showing the stone changing faces and such, and the sculptor's monologue about fate being played as they walk back to the colosseum. It feels a bit less retroactive this way, while still tying together the parts themes, and maybe even being a potential mista character arc if he's ever brought back, as he could feel guilt about being the cause of what happened.

Get off the internet Doppio

>PART 4 HAD SHIT PACING BECAUSE THERE WAS TOO MUCH DOWNTIME
>PART 5 HAD SHIT PACING BECAUSE THERE WASN'T ENOUGH DOWNTIME
youtu.be/TdPGWEFa6UM

I enjoy downtime alot so i like part 4 more than part 5.

They should have made getting the arrow the last battle then and had Giorno come up with some clever way to get control of it instead of the plot nearly literally just handing it to him. Diavolo's inability to hold it and what made Giorno worth is never explained, so even that felt cheap.

It pisses me off seeing well written posts like this get ignored.

Part 5 still has my favorite fights in the series. Even Part 7 didn't match it, although some things got close.

Attached: 1540575275214.png (1064x512, 475K)

>Yea Forums is one person

Yeah an ending scene with Jotaro appearing wouldve been a great ending if araki handled it well

Who’s that guy on the top left?

is that really what the original voices sounded like?

Fellow Crusaderchad.

why didn't she die when she touched the stone?

Attached: 1347996980727.jpg (267x321, 23K)