"Weathering With You" Stays at #1 In Its Second Week

Sorry, what's that? You got 1 billion yen in donations through pity? That's cute. Shinkai amassed 4 billion yen through TALENT.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-07-30/weathering-with-you-stays-at-no.1/.149512

>Makoto Shinkai's new film Weathering With You (Tenki no Ko) stayed at #1 in its second weekend. The film sold 704,000 tickets to earn over the weekend, and earned 1,012,019,500 yen (about US$9.29 million) from Friday to Sunday. The film has has sold 3 million tickets to earn more than 4 billion yen (about US$36.7 million) in its first 11 days.

>The film sold 1,159,020 tickets to earn 1,643,809,400 yen (about US$15.22 million) in its first three days. The film ranked #1 in its opening weekend.

>The film earned 28.6% more in its first three days compared to Shinkai's previous your name. film, which earned 1,277,960,000 yen (about US$12.51 million at the time) in its first three days. The Eiga.com website estimates that the Weathering With You film's earnings will surpass 10 billion yen (about US$93 million).

>Free! ~Road to the World~ Yume (Dream) earned 32,310,600 yen (about a pathetic $296,800 in US) from Friday to Sunday in its fourth weekend, and has earned a cumulative total of 308,768,500 yen (about US$2.83 million).

Attached: ten kino ko.jpg (698x636, 55K)

>movie is utter dogshit
>japs love it

expalin this.

Nice, won't have legs like Your Name though

Wow another Sci-Fi teen flick highschool romance, can't wait to spend thousands on merch!

What genre should be doing better in it's place?

>will surpass 10 billion yen (about US$93 million).
Not enough. We need to put Hackazaki it his place. Ten Kino Ko needs to take the topspot. It needs to happen, no matter the cost.

>we get to watch Yea Forums throw another autistic fit

Attached: 1551331617593.png (814x764, 886K)

I'm going to buy multiple movie tickets and duplicate merchandise just to piss off Yea Forums

BUT DO YOU HAVE THE GOVERNMENT'S SUPPORT?

Free movie is a recap, retard.

People fail to explain why these movies are terrible and what movies/ genres. Should be doing better in their place. I love it.

I assume the fucks who hate it are the ones who eat Garbage like KyoAni shit that has a mostly female cast, no plot and female MELODRAMA trash

Yea Forums hated it and your name but this board is nothing but moe/shonen/shitposting crap 24/7

>moe/shonen/shitposting crap 24/7

Ah so it's gotta be one extreme or the other for the low IQ to love here huh?

Should've been Yuasa's time

Already has lower 2nd week than YN with more screens.
This will definitely pass 10 billion, but will never pass 20.

>eat Garbage like KyoAni shit that has a mostly female cast, no plot and female MELODRAMA trash
How the hell do you actually think this is the truth?
Is your thinking really this twisted? Just maybe try to reflect on this in actuallity.
Most people I have met in japan and elsewhere, who enjoy kyo-ani works (mostly everyone likes some of their shows), also enjoy your name.

Holy based

*blocks shinkai path*

Attached: lel.jpg (1244x605, 357K)

>he doesn't get the movie
Ah yes the retards that hate anything a girl or het in it.

>Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love Kingdom dropped out of the top 10 in its seventh weekend, but still earned 45,820,400 yen (about US$420,900) from Friday to Sunday, for a cumulative total of 1,151,694,900 yen (about US$10.58 million).
Damn, idolu STRONK

>Cucked by Conan

idolu always stronk tho

Attached: Puripara2.png (156x269, 44K)

Why is Shinkai so loved on Yea Forums?

Why not?

Is this sasrcasm? He is treated as somekind of villain here. I personally like him but making a thread about liking him is suicide.

He's a new shitposter, ignore him.

Been here since 2009, when K-On first blew up kid

Whether or not that's true, you started shitposting extensively about "female melodrama" two days ago.

People always bitch about character polls showing the most hated girls/guys taking the top places in japan and calling japs out in their shit taste but suddenly op happens and it's supposed to be a good thing?

Probably Yea Forumsermin
Go back Yea Forumstard

Because that's all they make now days. Oh and the occasional Fujo shit

Oh shit, KyoAni has indeed made fucktons of female melodrama these past two days.

Great, another hyped movie that I'll only get to watch 10 months from now by the time everybody's forgotten about it.

>Yea Forums is one person
The reason people "hated" Your Name was because the plot was hollow and if you couldn't empathize with the characters then there weren't enough tropes or a strong enough plot to keep you involved. That and because anything that markets itself on becoming popular with a wide audience suddenly loses niche appeal. Plus the show had a bunch of plot holes and broke in-universe rules and what not to emphasize character building, and the ending completely undermined the tone of the last 20 minutes.
I actually didn't hate the show myself though. I actually quite liked it, but I'd still say that koe no katachi was better directed and had more realistic characters which lead me to think it was better overall.

see

Even if he is shitposting it does well to explain for anyone else in the thread.

I'm the one you replying to and I unironically do think a silent voice is better than your name. But that's literally the only great thing they have done since The disappearance of haruhi suzumiya. Their last movie was straight up trash last year with the two girls playing instruments

Oh yeah, I'm not exactly disagreeing with you. I liked chuuni too but I generally avoid most of what kyoani does since the shows they make generally aren't interesting to me. I like shows with drama and heavy character moments in general since my life has enough bland day-to-day moments without me watching someone elses.

If it's like Kimi no na wa and the choice is either knowing Japanese or watching the dubbed version in the cinema I'm sure enough people will still be around for the proper release here.