Christian lore

>Christian lore
>Christian symbolism
>Christian title
>Christian music

Yeah I'm thinking NGE is a Christian anime

Attached: 93F15E1A-6A62-4693-9A57-7442579F6955.jpg (577x688, 110K)

worst kind of pretentious

Woah bres. Crosses.

Attached: 1548513988534.png (640x480, 338K)

imagine the shock when you realize the enemies are called Angels, and what their goal is.

Congratulations user

Attached: 1513007204881.png (866x900, 95K)

How does it feel to be a complete idiot?

Attached: evaquote.jpg (1281x720, 432K)

>Christian symbolism
symbolism without meaning isn't really symbolism

>Dune is a Muslim series

Christian is a synonym for cool in Japan.

test

Yeah I'm thinking no

Attached: 1564015205694.jpg (708x480, 100K)

Until it turns it's all about ancient aliens, actually.

So... uhm... angels?

it's just another 2deep4u gateway anime for normalfags

>"we just thought the visual symbols of Christianity look cool"
>retards will forever misinterpret this to mean the symbolism is completely without meaning because they can't into reading comprehension or basic scene analysis
This has always meant that the show just isn't making any kind of commentary on religion. Gendo has a Jewish symbol in his office, but that doesn't mean Eva is calling Judaism evil. NERV fights Angels, but that doesn't mean biblical Angels are being called evil.
The truth is simply that religious symbolism is one way to give flavour to regular symbolism.
For example, when Asuka talks about the "Wall of Jericho", a wall most famous for falling, the symbolic use of that example would work just as well if she used the "Wall of Babylon" or even the "Berlin Wall", but by creating an ongoing theme of religious symbolism used throughout the story, you give it flavour, and can say more with less (for instance Gendo's aforementioned office alone tells us a lot about his personality, especially his own position parallel to "Keter" ("Crown") on the ceiling).

Attached: gendo's office.jpg (728x546, 40K)

You're a dumb fuck and your thread is awful.

Attached: Anno_fun_things_are_fun.jpg (1111x1750, 319K)

Ask Tsurumaki
>What do you think about Gendo Ikari?”
>Gendo was meant to be a strong father who should have a positive influence on Shinji so that he could grow to be more confident and adult-like. Many modern fathers in Japan are "mollycoddled" which was another reason to make Ikari Gendo into a strong father.

>Christianity is an uncommon religion
>Christians run literally all of their orphanages
>there's more christians in japan than there are jews in NY
>uncommon
An otaku acting retarded, who knew

>Christians run literally all of their orphanages
what? really? What did the Japanese do with their orphans before?

>there are more christians in this country of 120m people than there are jews in this single city
Woah.

They're chinks in all but technicality, what do you think they did...

So ...... when are we going to stop talking about a 25 year old series?

The random crosses are the only Christian imagery and there are no Christian themes. It's mainly Kaballah imagery and psychological themes.

well either nothing or they ate them

>New York
>single city

Rhymes with infanticide

When it stops being the best anime that exists.
I think we'll be waiting a while.

Attached: asuka shrug.jpg (1440x1080, 235K)

Attached: -_-.jpg (1440x1280, 329K)

What he meant is that nobody cares about them or understands their religion. There are plenty of Baha'i in the US but we don't give a shit. The Japanese are so dense about other cultures that they think the swastika just looks cool and they put it on designer SS clothing.

Japs don't care much about religion. They're animist by culture. See this Japanese saying, "A Japanese person born as sintoist, marry as christian and die as buddhist". Their real religion is the collectivism, which Eva question and examine.

Attached: banzai11.jpg (591x322, 38K)

or maybe when your generation finally dies out?

Non anime fans been called this shit pretentiousness nonsense. Even the directors admit that they use religious imagery cause it looks cool.

Yet ppl still make 1,000 word essays on how DEEP Eva is

>Baha'i
Oh wow people made a religion out of Baja Blast®? that's pretty cool

>Non anime fans
>giving opinions on something they're not a fan of
Let me go ask Mohammed for his opinion on the baconator next

Except it's not

Eva is very Japanese at its core. If you really want to look for religious undertones, the best you can find is Buddhism

the Japanese are fascinated by Christianity for the same reason that westerners are fascinated by Buddhism and Shinto: it's foreign and mysterious

>all this atheist assblast
Hahaaa...
They might have added Christian symbolism for the lulz, but doesn't change the fact Christian philosophy has deep and convoluted roots and unintentionally added far far deeper meaning to the series.

The point is if you take Christian symbolism out, the series becomes unrecognizable. Taking out all the plot of creation, names, countless assets and even the very title of the series out, leaving it another generic forgettable anime of insufferable teens and souless mechas.

>I am an anime fan because I have seen these 4 anime hehe
Guess I am a muslim because I've read the Koran.

Westerners aren't fascinated by Shinto lmao. 99% of westerners have never heard of it

Not an argument

What the fuck are you talking about

Attached: 2ae.jpg (274x321, 26K)

JUST GET IN THE ZERO SHINJI
NIPPON BANZAI

Its not just cool, its also refreshing

Says the guy who claims for an individual to be an anime fan because they've uttered opinions regarding a single anime. Neither does that make you a fan of a medium, nor does having opinions make you a fan of something. So yes, you're right: Not an argument.

How many animals should I have watched before I can claim I like it?

>Says the guy who claims for an individual
No one claimed anything

But user, there are only 4 good animes

We've found him. The King Of Anime

>who claims for an individual to be an anime fan because
Based ESL poster

But you can find douches with torii gates and other shinto symbols as ornaments in their homes. It looks "exotic" and "diverse"

Bow before my might.

Attached: 1548350023995.png (2116x2160, 503K)

Nah, I'll point and laugh at you though :*)

Two years before posting summerfriend

Attached: itadakimasu.jpg (320x302, 54K)

It's just zoomers who only watched it when it arrived on Netflix. They'll move on soon enough.

More anime watched than you.
Pass is older than yours.

Don't talk to me, upstart.

well shit user I doubt most muslims have even read the entire thing

>More anime watched than you.
citation needed
>Pass older
only newfags renew their same pass for 'le reddit gold xd'

>citation needed
The average Yea Forumsnon has seen ~100 anime. The average Evangelion fan has seen ~25 anime. Statistically speaking, you're unlikely to have seen more cartoons than me, upstart.

Two years before posting

Attached: fuck commies.jpg (461x393, 66K)

>The average
citation needed

Why do you want it to stop

Too many animes will not the brain