When did hxh turn into this nonsense?

When did hxh turn into this nonsense?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-30 Hunter x Hunter - Vol 33 Chapter 341 Threats.png (814x729, 1.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pUDUK-yvwQs
youtu.be/0TRs6cMZkQY
youtu.be/qkJxKPEIGeo
youtu.be/X3nUdEDZjNo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It always was nonsense
Worse than Yu Yu Hakusho in literally all aspects

faggot

>be Togashi
>literally dying
>already taken several hiatuses to date
>WHAT WILL I DO WITH MY MANGA NOW?
>I'VE GOT IT
>I'LL KICK OFF AN ARC WITH TEN THOUSAND PLOTS AND CHARACTERS AT ONCE
>THEN I WILL TAKE ANOTHER HIATUS

why is he like this?

Yu Yu sucks. It’s so generic and bland.

ironically its because of dedication to a good story

How Togashi does it?
Dark Continent is literally the most interesting thing in shonen right now and we haven't even seen it

Attached: 0341-010.jpg (2134x1600, 710K)

It was always random trash that never made any sense. The authors a hack that can't finish a storyline if his life depended on it.

How is this interesting? You can literally made anthing up and say is from the dark continent. It's an endless pit of asspuls. Also where's Gon and why is this manga so fucking random.

>191354398
>It's an endless pit of asspuls
You don't know that this word means
>Also where's Gon
He's in school
>why is this manga so fucking random
Because it's not your average shonentrash.
Anyone can be main character and then dissapear for 100 chapters. No one gives a fuck

Attached: 1556219947214.png (280x250, 44K)

>You don't know that this word means
Wow user you really got me there

Not gonna lie that looks pretty interesting
Is this in the anime or after ?

After

When the guy start huffing paint thinner

wtf

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-30 Hunter x Hunter - Vol 33 Chapter 344 Author.jpg (1405x1008, 962K)

If HxH ever gets finished this is the shit that'll get me to read it, aside from its generally good reputation.

>if only you knew how bad things really are

Attached: 1564465240928.jpg (354x342, 82K)

Yeah it is interesting but can he stop with the hiatus? Someone please steal his money or something so that he start working again.

Which he will never finish

user, he dosen't work for the money.

I don't know what the fuck is happening anymore

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-30 Hunter x Hunter - Vol 33 Chapter 349 Worm Toxin.jpg (948x4311, 1.83M)

What's the problem? I love this panel. It's straight, unfiltered imagination.

Not him but please list all the asspulls in HxH
this should be good.

>here inb4 he gives you the speedreader special

Attached: 1558606420833.png (400x400, 179K)

Why?

Because it's easy and stupid to just take any worldbuilding or story addition and write it off as "an endless pit of asspulls" when nothing has even been shown yet.

HxH literally STARTED by saying something along the lines of there being endless mysteries and unexplored lands and it's the job of the hunters to find these things out.
Now that there finally exists said mysteries and exploration, faggots like you crwal out crying "asspull" when nothing has even happened yet.

Is this Toriko?

Anything i said will be nen magic or a mystery still to be show (Remember gyro?). What's the point. Im tired, enjoy your manga

>SS Gon
Makes no sense.
>b-but he was REALLY sad that this literal who died :(
Why can't just the guards in the current arc go super Saiyan then and do the same? They have way more feelings towards their princes
>b-but Gon-san is a p-prodigy
So what? He's not the only Nen "genius" in MumblexMumble

And the second BIGGEST asspull is Energy from wishing (literally)
>Killua can just ask for anything and Alluka can make it happen
>Killua could just as Alluka to find Gon's father
>Killua could just ask Alluka to kill Meruem
>Killua just asked Alluka to heal Gon and he is completely fine
>"b-but he lost his nen"
Good riddance, he is probably the worst character in the series.

I don't count Rubber AND GUM since Cammy autist's ability is literally about getting killed

Alluka makes the whole adventure pointless, why not just ask her to take Gon and Killua do DC? (lol It will probably happen anyway)

Attached: 1541957943718.jpg (1024x3218, 1.71M)

Oh please. A tournament arc is the only thing it's got going for it. Sensui arc could've been good if the ending wasn't so rushed. The last arc is simply unfinished, demon Yusuke never should've been a thing at all.
Whenever someone posts about how perfect YYH was I can't help but feel they've been severely blinded by nostalgia.

You can stop with the whole "HxH being high literature" facade. Dr. Stone is already smarter and far more intimidating.

>Oh Gon I never mentioned by little sister than can grant me any wish? She's a good friend.

Attached: alluka.png (225x350, 51K)

e=mc2

Attached: 54332524.png (382x334, 51K)

oh but she's from the dark continent so it's totally not an asspul ahahaha right user?

>>mfw the get to the DC and find all those ate cute moe like Alluka.

>>Now there finally exists said mysteries and exploration
Not that user but come on the exploration is pitiful.

In all sincerity HxH is at its best when it's about Gon and his gang venturing through the strange curiosities in this world. The trek through the bizarre locales in the hunter exam, the antique hunting prior to entering Greed Island, the chimera ants before the birth of Mereum, the revelation of the dark continent - that's when HxH is truly pulsing with intrigue.

Instead we're now stuck in election arc 2.0, and God knows how long we'll see Leorio again.

>literal who
Thank you for outing yourself as an anime-only with rapid speed, I am sure that you will be there to watch when the boat arc gets its anime.

>Is this Toriko?
>"This place is too big..."
Those words would never be uttered in Toriko.

Why are Tse posters always so based?

>makes no sense
Gon is fucking crazy and self centered, he didn't really experience real loss until Kite died and that bursted his little bubble that he lived in
He simply didn't give a fuck about the consequences and there was asspull no asspull, just an already established nen mechanic "contract / condition" and he took the harshest condition = kill a certain person at any cost.
If you want to call that an asspull, go ahead, but that doesn't make it one.

The fact that he lived afterwards is a bigger asspull than merely losing his nen (and getting it back)

I reluctantly accept Alluka as an asspull, that's something Togashi could've done better.
You mentioned two things and one of them wasn't refuted
congrats, nice list.

man, I'm still mad how that manga ended.
It was like the author just went full Gurren Lagann

>look i referenced a christian painting i'm so smart!

Attached: cringe panel.jpg (1000x761, 170K)

That man has a TEN PACK

has much more depth to it than just being a bland reference, of course you wouldn't know you didn't even read the manga.

Bump here please. Also, a Surprise in the OP WEBM.....

It's not nonsense it's literally the best mango ever written. He needs to get someone to draw for him since he's incapable now that he has carpal tunnel from Dragon Quest.

HxH is like the opposite of SAO. You could sum up SAO in a single sentence "People get stuck in a videogame and if they die in the game they die for real" and when people hear that they go "daaaym das sum crazy shieet" but when you watch it it's actually garbage.

HxH on the other hand would require 3 days to explain the almost nonexistent plot and garbled themes and after hearing that you'd think no one would want to touch that shit. But really it's actually pretty interesting and creative so people read it anyways.

All other shonen copied YYH's formula.

togashi just copies toriyama

and apparently you've never read Dr. Stone

Attached: e=mc^2.png (906x3900, 3.05M)

I read both, one is focused more on philosophy and the other is science, i know the difference brainlet user.

>*13042 *102933 ア AA 7
>*11380 **92654 D Stone 11

Imagine shilling some garbage that barely cracks 100k despite an anime adaptation and lost to axebait like Act-Age

Attached: 1533092648505.jpg (158x123, 10K)

Can't expect anything less from a Ripoff.

Attached: Ripoff x Ripoff.jpg (480x1046, 228K)

Kek, he is smarter than 99% of Yea Forums

>Genthru vs Kira.
Videogame griefer and pker vs someone who wants to live a quiet life but also wants to murder women.
>Tserriednich vs Diavolo.
Someone who views murder and dissection of humans as art, extremely intelligent and has talent and potential in Nen that exceeds any character seen so far vs mafia boss who wants to sell drugs to children and has the most overpowered asspull stand so far yet still lost to a gang of retarded kids.
>Chrollo vs Pucci.
High IQ leader, mysterious yet intriguing, his appearance turns the show from a decent shounen to a masterpiece vs cultist priest who follows DIO for plot convenience.

Taking inspiration from someone else's work isn't an issue as long as your work can achieve something better and unique in it's own regard, only entitled faggots who shitpost all day will cry about manga authors praising eachother and paying homage through their own manga.

Attached: 1563481507687.png (377x314, 170K)

>Kek, he is smart
Why are brainlets incapable of distinguishing actually smart characters vs dumb authors trying to portray a smart character? Senku's "intelligence" doesn't have any real basis outside of "I want to positively depict this character in a particular scene that will make them look smart".

Attached: smartdoneright.jpg (2005x1243, 1.41M)

He's obviously talking about their powers dumbass.

Then I will make him work for the money.

>Smart
Doesn't bother looking for remains of civilisation and instead wants to rebuild from 0 just so the author can tell us he read a few DIY books, plotholes from chapter 1 isn't a good sign user, a retard mangaka usually results in retarded characters.

these dudes become hunters and hunters do shonen sheeeit

Those stupid person who made look smart character have more revenue than Yea Forums

Karasu (YYH) was a bomber first, Tse doesn't skip time (that wouldn't even be possible with Nen) and Chrollo predates Pucci. Dumbass.

Which is a shit comparison to make seeing as they are unique characters and powers arent owned by the first mangaka to make them up, blowing stuff up isn't fucking owned by Araki, Pucci has no similarity to Chrollo, Tserriednich's ability is "what if King crimson wasn't the biggest asspull plothole garbage stand and made complete sense" are JoJofags really this retarded ?

would meruem survive if he got send to there?

Actual Hunterchads calmly explaining their points with respect toward both authors.

Easily spotted falseflagger trying to create disarray between the JoJobro and Hunterchad alliance.

Attached: 1556855834336.png (1680x1252, 843K)

But that's the coolest shit in the series

His species literally originates from there, it would depend on where he went, entering AI or Zobae virus territory of course he wouldn't survive.
Then again he's a mutated humanoid chimera ant, his species in the dark continent is still only the size of regular ants, he would be one of the most dangerous creatures in the ecosystem and a sixth calamity by himself.

>dedication
But he doesn't even

no

Very based. Tse posters are truly something.

He would btfo Dark Continent

i like hxh, but this just looks like shit, over designed and messy

that is a ant silly

The Dark Continent isn't a beautiful place user, it's scary and messy and everything wants to kill and eat you.

Attached: O9bBqsa.png (761x243, 150K)

>Karasu (YYH) was a bomber first
Completely unrelated abilities. He uses bombs but he didn't turn people into bombs.
>Tse doesn't skip time (that wouldn't even be possible with Nen)
Sure, skipping time isn't possible but reality warping wishes are right?
>Chrollo predates Pucci
By the time their powers were revealed it was about the same time.

Hunterfags trying this hard to defend their ripoff series.

Attached: 1407964745559.jpg (400x400, 20K)

oh you wanted more fights and power ups?

Why doesn't Gon just use haki to punch harder to find his dad?

>Still arguing about bombs
cringe
>Dodging the point and going to Alluka, who doesnt have reality warping powers but rather teleportation, nen exorcism, and can kill people to balance out the price
Very cringe
>By the time their powers were revealed it was about the same time.
no it wasn't...chrollo power was revealed before stone ocean began, the timeline is very close but chrollo still predates pucci.
try to find more shit arguments next time, you're not a true jojo fan, just a miserable falseflagger.

Attached: 1564095953541.png (472x441, 139K)

O

not today

Attached: 1535131863230.png (463x396, 117K)

>Bombs
Ermm what? Cringing at you being wrong?
>Thinking Alluka is not a reality warper
Sorry just realized I've replied to a goal post moving retard. I'll stop now.

>Togashi dies
>in his will he makes public a secret chapter with Ging talking about the book on the dc
>all the different locations and oddities are actually a reference to IRL location where chapters of HxH are hidden
Would you go and 'hunt' them?

He doesn't turn people into bombs he plants bombs on them you absolute low IQ monkey, how is Killer Queen, something that turns a piece of wood into an explosive the same as a piece of wood with explosives attached to it, or are all explosion abilities stolen from Araki now, maybe suicide bombers are ripping off Araki aswell, we should do something about it.
go outside retard

Nanika isn't Nen, speedreader. The exact statement was
>Tse doesn't skip time (that wouldn't even be possible with Nen)

No Hunterchad would deny that JoJo is one of Togashi's biggest inspirations (for example, Nen Beasts in the current arc) but your specific examples were wrong. Karasu predates Kira, Chrollo predates Pucci, and Tse doesn't skip time. Now keep coping like the little bitch that you are.

Attached: 1555644738015.jpg (320x271, 65K)

Sure but I'd do it with a pirate flag.

Technically all of Nen could be considered reality warping.
Or you could think of it as a faster-than-light psyche-controlled energy that can achieve things our world's physics laws wouldn't allow.

Scratch that, now that I think of it the concept of effect delay has never been addressed. Maybe nen abilities travel at the speed of light but the delay is so small no one can notice.

Don't bother, his brain can't comprehend all those words, you're just going to confuse him more and make him go into "HURR DURR RIP OFF MANGA HXH BAD ARAKI GOOD" mode.

lol rubber guy

Just because Huntertard love sucking that crippled cock doesn't mean everyone else will.

By definition, Nen doesn't allow omnipotence. You are just turning Aura into effects, with restrictions raising the rate of conversion. No matter how many restrictions you put into an ability, it won't reach infinity. Time stop would require freezing the whole universe in place with a specific ability. Like the all-cutting sword, there wouldn't be enough Vows to make it possible. You could probably make an ability that creates a Pocket Dimension where Time Freeze is possible, but that is several steps more complicated than just Time Freeze. You could also paralyze people in an Area with Manipulation and have them not remember what happens. But that is also not really Time Freeze.

Ephimeral 10 seconds is not really King Crimson. It is an Illusion with an AoE. Tserriednich still has a body that can be hit and time isn't necessarily skipped.

Attached: 72262481_p0.jpg (1668x2224, 993K)

If something of that kind happened people would look into it.
Don't underestimate people's curiosity. Many people also have more free time on their hands than you could imagine.

Another blind hiatuscuck

Wouldn't say there's much dedication but the longer Hiatus time does help him develop better and more complex ideas, he could probably release one chapter a month and that would be a decent middleground but it's mostly that he's busy fucking around spending money and drooling over jpop idols.

>that pic
Amazing

I love Hunter x Hunter

Nen is energy, so of course it doesn't allow omnipotence, because that'd require infinite energy. However it does allow for abilities akin reality warping, the prime example of it being Nobu's hatsu.
That said, I agree that the skipping of time cannot realistically be achieved with Nen.

But most Hunterfags are intellectual smooth brains who shitpost about dumb shit all day, not outdoorsman with appetite for adventure.

His experiences feed back into his work. You don't become a great storyteller by sitting at a desk all day. So even if he isn't actively working on a new chapter at this second, whatever he is doing likely indirectly influences it. Even the idolshit has led to intriguing plot points like Silent Majority and memorable panels such as Halk's awakening. And I firmly believe that Togashi's real world experience is one of the reasons HxH is so well written.

Attached: 1531934756516.jpg (2600x1400, 544K)

>Nobu's hatsu
Did I miss a new chapter or something?

Attached: 1520728400721.png (319x348, 89K)

Based Halkbro

Attached: HalkBlanco.png (460x523, 313K)

>actually comparing based HxH villains to one dimensional Jojoshits

The big question is : Hunting for your Dream or Hyori Ittai?

HOLY FUCK this is based

No he would get BFTO by the Dark Continent creatures.

I don't know what the fuck you're on about nigger, HxH and Jojo is neck and neck in terms of villians

Look at this faggot wearing two earrings

Is Pariston the Valentine of the shounen genre?

user, how old are you?

Okidokie

21 and you?

The royal family has Stands from that ritual. That's basically it. Just an excuse to draw nonsense monsters as Stands.

By Nobu I meant Knov, not Nobunaga. Nobunaga is stuck with his shitshit hatsu.

Dio
>I just want power lmao, fuck all of you insects

Kars
>I am the ultimate lifeform, let me just pose dramatically for a month or two and then die to a ridiculous asspull

Dio2
>damn my ultimate power is being threatened by weak joestars.. I know, I'll send a staircase of weak 1v1 "assassins" against them until they reach me

Kira
>oh woe is me I'm not allowed to be a murderous cuck in peace! WHAT THE FUCK MY POWERS HAVE WEAKNESSES!?

I stopped at part 4 because it just got too fucking stupid for my taste
Meanwhile HxH villains

Hisoka
>A mentally ill thrillseeking deviant who has little to no regard for human life, the only mercy he knows is the type that he benefits from.
>helps or backstabs people on a whim when he feels like it, even the other villains
>does tricks and evil only to lure and face powerful opponents to test himself against, and is not below letting "enemies" live just so he can face them again once they're powered up

Chrollo
>meticulous planner, thinker and a criminal organization leader
>has a rare and powerful nen type, but doesn't flaunt it or attempt to rule the world by force or anything, just wants to hang out with his "family"
>gray morality, not exactly evil but definitely not a nice guy either.

Meruem
>a great sense of superiority and the accumulative power of hundreds of thousands of living beings worth of nen
>massive character growth, starts out as a sociopathic autist, in to a tyrant, and finally a noble king that learns to value things other than power, despite his nature being against it.
>has admirable intellect, only lost to one of, if not the greatest tactical mind in the world, aka he is near perfect but never allowed to reach that final milestone
>lectured by a strong human who he deems inferior, it sinks in and he shows respect and compromises his plans and values because of it
>literally abandoned all of his evil ideals on his final moments

I'd like to see you describe a Jojo villain even half as well

This is honestly kind of sad to read. You must be very lonely, I hope you find a friend.

not an argument, shitposter-kun

>>>When

Is there any manga with equal / better cast of villains than HxH

There's nothing more to Pariston so far than him fucking with people

I don't know but I doubt anything can top the amount of different personalities & motives it has

there nothing grey about chrollo moral.
what the fuck is wrong with you people?

like the pope raping a child on saturday, but preaching jesus love you on sunday.

I somewhat agree, but the way Araki and Togashi write their villains is much more different.
The biggest difference is that in HxH the world building is more organic, with much more Gray areas than the black/white evil/good dichotomy that Araki portrays. Not that it's a particularly bad thing, mind you. Araki tends to have an overarching theme of fate/destiny pinning heroes against villains, bringing them retribution for their bad deeds. It's similar to an epic.
In HxH instead antagonists are such only if the circumstances dictate so. Just look at the phantom troupe; they are definetely bad guys and Pika's archenemies but once Gon and Kilkua had no reason to fight them they simply overlooked each other. The characters decide whether there is conflict or not, it's not something dictated by the plot.

Those poor innocent mafia members he killed, what a scumbag!

Baki

NO.

>refuted
Why can't the guards just go SS and die for their princes mr. Smartass?

Attached: 1550641378708.jpg (710x1000, 400K)

>doesn't want to fight, does it out of necessity
>doesn't want to rule, does it out of necessity
>will do crime whe it's a contract or part of a plan
>cares for his own, neutral towards everyone else
>doesn't act like a douche or try to trample the weak
>probably works like Robin Hood and helps the poor in his shithole of a home

How is that not a gray morality? it sure as hell isn't evil nor good

Read the manga

I did, what now Whisperfag?
youtube.com/watch?v=pUDUK-yvwQs

Attached: 1541205041473.jpg (1002x1300, 320K)

I didn't even mean that in a condescending way. Literally read the manga, what you want was introduced in the last batch of chapters.

Get a load of this intellectual dishonest faggot gloss over the characterazation the JoJo villains so he lave the dripping cocks of the Hunter ones for paraphaghs on end. Any villian character can be boiled down to le may may sentence but that doesn't magically make the villains any less imposing, ineffective at moving the narrative, nor less interesting to the story that they came from you gay nigger.

Attached: 1563994033173.jpg (480x622, 42K)

>let me just have my guard (most with zero knowledge about nen) turn in to a superhuman murder machines who can learn and make dangerous nen "contracts" with nothing to tie it to other than defending a me or taking down my enemies
>oh also send them to the grinder because I don't know my enemies

I won't say psychopath, but he's definitely a sociopath. He thinks nothing of human lives however he cares for the individual per se. He conforms to societal standards so long it serves his purposes but has no qualms stealing and killing.
He definitely is similar to Hisoka as in they both do things to entertain themselves, but the way they do so is quite different. Chrollo likes to tackle challenges in a controlled way, he likes to exert his abilities to their maximum and achieve what the normal person cannot do.
What the spoils are doesn't really matter as long as the path to get to them is arduous.

>probably
The PT canonically does charity donations on the regular. They probably have more money than they can use anyway.

>first prince's guards
>each of them has nen
>"zero knowledge about nen"
Don't reply to me ever again

when you find yourself making excuses for murderers, it time you rethink your life.

even the pope give money to charity.

job security

Like I said:
"I'd like to see you describe a jojo villain even half as well"
you're free do that any time if you wish to prove me wrong.
Jojo villains are one dimensional and stupid, and until you give me an argument why they aren't, you can just shut the fuck up and stop shilling inferior manga on a hxh thread

And what's the first Prince's ability, again?

It's just fantasy Africa populated by overpowered monsters.

Oh, all of the princes have all of their guards have nen powers? when most of the princes themselves didn't even know what nen was?

>there's intact grassland and forest despite gigantic monsters trampling around and bursting out of the ground
>wildlife isn't extinct despite the oversized predators that clearly need to eat entire herds daily just to sustain themselves
Togashi didn't think this one through.

He gets abilities once his subordinates die.
>dude just get all your people killed and get their abilities bro

Attached: 1541355945677.png (258x334, 56K)

Chrollo is a mass murderer who has killed hundreds of innocent people, including committing ethnic genocide to pass the time. He's easily one of the most evil characters in the story.

>ethnic genocide
I mean all he did was kill some small tribe of Uchihas
Nothing wrong with that - in fact, it is all of our responsibility to erase any and all chuunibyou special eyes fags from this realm

Considering we already know the DC has a magical geology and one of the goals of the expedition is to acquire those magic resources there's no reason to assume the flora and fauna should behave like on Earth. If anything that could be intentional and create an uncanny valley Lovecraftian effect.

You don't even know what kind of flora and fauna on DC

Oh I see, you were just trolling and never even tried to have a coherent argument.

I'm pretty sure DC is merely a place where living beings other than humans naturally evolved nen abilities.

I still think togashi was been a chicken when he allowed gon to be healed.

Attached: 1464298738490.png (536x941, 114K)

Dude got paid for a job and he did it
Is bountyhunting evil?
is being a mercenary evil?
no, they are inherently neutral.

Everything he does is for his 'family'
It's not like he goes out to trample people who have nothing to do with him.
He's a less edgy version of a "nothing personnel, just business" meme

Even supposing that's true, he immediately made up for it by leaving Gon out of the biggest story arc of the manga and permanently as a Nenlet.

>we will hunt dark continent monsters when they will hunt us cuz they're hunters too
>hunter x hunter

You've already proved that you're dead set on sucking Togashit's cock regardless of whatever good point is brought up about Jojo so there's no point in even showing your console fagging ass another perspective.

it was canned. it was either that or be cut in the middle of a random arc.

Not that user but I kinda felt a little bit sorry for those mafia members getting killed without even damaging the Spiders

considering one random piece of DC wildlife getting to the inner world was enough to cause an international incident with hundreds of thousands dead I'm pretty sure the grass grows like 3 meters an hour

remember the DC has small rocks that produce the energy of a nuclear power plant just by being immersed in water so energy is no problem

>Gorenu kills the queen instead
What happend to the NGL after that?

>messy
that's the point, just look how small and hidden the humans are, you can barely make them out even if you know exactly where they are

Humans are so...

checked
checked

Attached: 1495980803211.jpg (992x880, 234K)

Not to mention Togashi is a big fan of Jojo

I would say neither but he is definitely fucked up
in his head. Cold and distant as well with pragmatic morals about living beings.

This shit hurts to look at. I'd prefer chicken scratches over this.

"philanthropic work" in service and to improve Meteor City.

With respect to Isayama, I believe whoever made that meme didn't understand SNK if they think the point is "Nazis bad" (presumably with the interpretation that marleyans are nazis, although arguably the other way makes slightly more sense).

With no respect to Isayama, I believe you don't belong in this thread if you care enough to defend SnK.

Attached: Togashivshackyama.jpg (2004x2227, 1.1M)

Oregairu's author is a big fan of haganai and started writing that story because of haganai, that doesn't mean haganai is better than oregairu. In fact, they are in very different level.

>although arguably the other way makes slightly more sense
Roots of the conflict beetwen marley and eldia intentionally ambiguous, retard. Now go back to you shipfag thread, imbecile.

Attached: 1553308250620.png (908x1007, 448K)

Maybe, but what keeps the terrain flat? It should look like the moon after a bunch of those giants roll over it.

earthwyrms

>Yaharibro in a HxH thread
Based

Attached: 8Man path of the bear.jpg (610x343, 34K)

Is this Berserk?

This stuff is cool though. The current arc is also great and a lot of fun, it just sucks that I want to see both it and the DC arc play out in full but that won't happen for a decade or so if at all.

Attached: 1564490809340.png (901x986, 267K)

Compare that garbage to HxH one more time and you're going to get stung.

Attached: Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 7.55.49 PM.png (1280x720, 506K)

How Kafkaesque

>Why can't just the guards in the current arc go super Saiyan then and do the same? They have way more feelings towards their princes
> I don't read the manga
The bodyguards of Prince Camilla are literally planning to pull off an Assassination version of Gon-san to go down with one Prince each.
And Zazan also used more or less Gon-san to face the PT.
And Emperor Time is pretty much the slow-burn version of the power-up.

Can the calamities be reasoned with? Why do they attack other living beings?

>HxH fags are actually this delusional

HxH is built like a Möbius ribbon, and we are now, and we’re starting, more than a new arc, a new cycle. Look at the main four. They at the exact place they started. But their situations and motivations have turned, just like they have reached again the starting point on a cycle, but on the other “side” of the ribbon.

The Dark Continent itself can be the mirror of the Chimera Ants arc, a confrontation between different sentient species, where the humans take the role of the first Chimeras, the invadors trying to colonize.

Attached: lake mobius.jpg (431x608, 71K)

That thing is probably one of top 5 powerful creatures on that page.

Yes I like the Dark Continent, the calamities and I hope to see more of them. Do the calamities attack other calamities and creatures?

The Chad Succession War
>Succession struggle between various feuding parties whose political alliances and rivalries are so complex an actual chart is needed to discern what’s happening, various unique and interesting characters being introduced with equally interesting and unique abilities, and stands as an incredible arc in its own right

The virgin Berserk boat arc
>fight some cartoon pirate and recruit a mermaid for no reason
>not even a story, just a series of boss fights
>would fit as filler arc in Naruto

Attached: 1533149872855.jpg (400x400, 23K)

The calamities themselves are separated into their own territories from what we can discern, I doubt they interact.

Attached: tXm4XLA.jpg (581x682, 133K)

It's really sad what Miura did with his story.
I loved early Berserk so much. Also 'Lost Children' is really good and touching

Would be cool to imagine what if

Attached: DANGEROUS CREATURES LEVEL STATUS.jpg (1067x1600, 121K)

This ecosystem wouldn't work.

So you're saying Netero lied about it?

chimera ants are low tier garbage in the dark continent

meruem would try to unga bunga his way into the dark continent and 5 seconds later he'd become pap's new pet

>SCP: THE MANGA

That's what it feels like.

unga bunga ?

post the story of how it goes

MY

Speedreader outing himself for being retarded as well.

>Dude the entire world is inside a giant lake surrounded by a really big continent despite the fact this means seasons shouldnt be possible in human world of HxH as they are at the equator of this planet. In addition the entire human world should be a rainforest due to how much hotter this larger planet would be.

Reminder this the next time you see hunter chimps talk about how smart Togashi is.

Attached: Dark_Continent.png (1920x1080, 2.27M)

Saying shit like that is pretty much just you conceding the argument.
Not even a single shred of effort to try and prove against or refute any claims.
absolutely pathetic.
Every single JoJo has been a literal "boss rush" until the main villain.

SEVEN

is that seriously how it works in japan? you can't just self-publish shit or anything?
aren't mangaka's supposed to be rich or something?

Cope sweetie

Attached: DC foreshadowed.png (707x1574, 570K)

Kurapika my waifu

Attached: 1455484410021.png (1400x1050, 2.77M)

What argument, what claims? Who brought up JoJo?

>guardian spirit breast

Attached: 1553341473596.jpg (400x402, 29K)

That map is something a flat earther would believe

imagine being so retarded that you can't even remember why you replied in the first place

This but unironically

Thought you were replying to this, so I guess we both assumed some bullshit since I'm not the guy you were arguing with.

Attached: Capture.png (1356x274, 50K)

I thought he was married

RUBBER

Its very retarded that ocean should be constantly unstable because there is nowhere for the hot ocean currents to move to cool down, meaning a monsoon hurricane climate would be the default in the human world. Togashi is a fucking idiot. Once again these constant hot ocean currents would turn every continent in that ocean into a gigantic continuous rainforest and the only non jungle areas would be high elevations cold enough for jungles to not form there.

HxH is definitely my favorite series, but I do think that SnK gets a bad wrap on this board, especially post time-skip. "Nazis bad" is definitely a disingenuous meme when compared to the actuality of the story's situation, which I consider to have an impressive amount of moral complexity.

To be completely honest, the map makes sense if their earth is WAY bigger than ours.

lmao nice toriko/gourmet world ripoff
Togashi really is a vapid, thieving little shit

HxH has no centralized plot so its worldbuilding is ultimately pointless.

Sorry but I'm not thrilled by either the plotting, writing or characterization. The author has too much reliance on ebin TWEESTS and shock value cliffhangers that keep getting thrown into the garbage. First with Levi/Zeke ""dying"" now with Eren ""dying"", the writing is also amateur (especially when Armin is on screen), see Armin stating the obvious in the chapter before the last one that Eren was co-erced by Yelena through the wine plot and how he's obviously not on Zeke's side, he's one of the worst written "genius" characters I've ever seen. Not to mention the Marley arc starting with the most transparent nonsense excuse for exposition ever, Falco's convenient memory loss for no real reason, this is supposed to be the paradigm shift of the story and it starts in such a clumsy manner. Not to mention the Abe propaganda platitudes about muh breeding and children and next generation being overwrought. Even the fight scenes are a bore, it's just flesh mechas punching and tackling eachother until one of the survey corps members comes in to assist them.

The ideas behind the story are fine, but the execution feels like that of an amateur. Which is fine, because he is. Togashi's first few works were not great either.

Attached: 1466430507485.png (1649x1073, 1.17M)

HxH worldbuilding is effective because it's a realistic setting that intends to question our society and our very nature. It's basically a political commentary of our current affairs. The DC (what we've seen of it) will be the first foray into full fantasy territory, but it's likely to be a Lovecraftian-esque type of human commentary.

Attached: hxh 378 kino.jpg (2440x1997, 1.5M)

I dont give a shit the point of worldbuilding in a story is to support the plot but HxH has no centralized plot so its pointless.

>The entire ethos of HxH summed up in a single page and people will still be confused about its nonlinear plot structure.

Go back, brainlet. It doesn't follow any single plot with a dogged emphasis on linear progression, because that's not what life is. Every arc is different, every arc is genuinely emotive. It's an author who isn't afraid to reference fucking Devilman and zero contract labourers. Balzac's struggles against the benchmark of wealth, Henry Miller's chaotic idolisation of the flawed, fucking Gilgamesh or Henry IV's record of friendship. Go read a book or two, then maybe you'll understand the significance of Yoshihiro Togashi's Hunter x Hunter.

Attached: 1494984447599.jpg (1066x1600, 340K)

YYH has literally one good arc (that ends with Yusuke getting an emotional powerup).

>just look how small and hidden the humans are
I remember spending a lot of time looking at these creatures. Never once did I realize there were tiny specs of human on this page

Then why the hell is this shonen? Even in detective novels the worldbuilding is only meant to support the plot not hurr durr look how autistic this world is which is what Togashi's ass is. Even fucking Toriko's batshit insane worldbuilding was meant to only to serve the plot not be lol look how creative I am!

Nice non-sequitir, retard. Stop stumbling over words you don't understand. Every piece of worldbuilding in HxH serves a thematic purpose. Look at the Nen system itself, HxH is all about psychology, everything within the universe plays into the theme of expressing thoughts or emotions from Nen being para psychological in nature to deconstructing rockpaper scissors. Chrollo says that abilities' depend on the original owner's personal definitions. Example, he says that he thinks that a corpse is a puppet, but the original owner of Order Stamp did not. Kurapika has to ask the Little Eye owner what his definition of a Small Animal is.

Attached: 1538000595960.png (1404x1360, 532K)

Why is this shonen?

are we ever going to see kurapika do anything again?

Next chapter

so never?

kurapika will impregnated oito

This year. We still have time

Attached: 1550230707982.png (1235x557, 40K)

>191365420
>le never ever XD
First hiatus, huh?

Attached: 1537451265541.png (190x190, 28K)

Cute eyes

There are like 30 active factions and subplots to follow. Every chapter can't be Kurapika, especially when his subplot is not relevant to the biggest tensions on the Black Whale right now. He got 1 chapter last volume with a phenomenal strategic move and I'm satisfied with that. If you made it this far in HxH you know that simply being the MC doesn't guarantee getting the most screentime.

Attached: 1540599117636.png (939x1300, 225K)

I agree, Togashi's greatest crime was not making Kurapika a girl.

Would he like to frame skin with spider tattoo like that?

Attached: 1550230707982.png (1067x1600, 1.68M)

>10 more years until we see those guys

He'll be back for Silent Majority mention soon, because he's definitely testing people while doing their nen initiation.

but its mushaho so no one will turn up

then next lesson sarahell is going to try sudoku on woble

I like how nobody answered your question about alluka.

O

HOLY FUCK! I can't wait for Pikachad to smash the Cammykaze dyke's head in and firmly establish his place as Oito's husband

Attached: based.jpg (258x350, 42K)

This JoJo cocksucking needs to stop. When will you fags realize that most of JoJo is style over substance-the manga? with the exception of Part 7 of course, Part 7 is a masterpiece and its writing is comparable to HxH

Style is substance

Attached: 1556659617549.png (330x330, 29K)

>You don't know that this word means
>post Hisoka
O MY

7 isn't even the best part narratively you dumb MALbabby and your opinion on its quality is besides the point. If you shitpost JoJo, you're shitposting Togashi himself, one of his favorite manga and biggest influences. Have some fucking respect retard. I don't like idolshit or Alien but I respect the influence Togashi draws from them.

Attached: 1538249069681.jpg (1193x1022, 520K)

What's the question? Killua already said he doesn't want to use Alluka, and Gon's loss of nen wasn't even an injury. And Alluka clearly must have some limits when healing has to involve touch.

SEVEN

QUIRKS

everyone makes fun of the insect catcher ability from the bodyguard. He is gonna get that bee because his ability has no size limit

Attached: hiatus dagger attacks.png (486x433, 215K)

This. Hunterchads show some respect.

Attached: 1531925657097.png (251x353, 26K)

Kurapika Kurta

oh shit

are you sure about that? sayird's ability is called little eye, and would probably come with some big restrictions if it had no size limit. it's probably the size of the sphere as the limit

What's this photo supposed to represent?
Gon didn't devople shit.
He was always a hypocrite, his morality was always fucked.
He literally saw people die infront of him in the hunter exams and didn't give a fuck.
He befriended a cold blooded killer who ripped a man's heart infront of Gon who barley even cared.
God you don't even pay attention kys.

but i should add that it's still a really good ability for the dark continent. capture some little creature and send it out for recon. pariston definitely picked hunters with support abilities suitable for the journey(bill, sayird, and kurton all work well there)

NEN

Even Bleach doe it more interesting.

Little Eye is based. I love that Kurapika actually lost years of his life to a fucking cockroach.

Attached: 1502301431691.png (901x986, 295K)

>gon is supposed to care about killua killuaing a murderer that talked about how he'd kill him before the fight began
this isn't generic garbage, stop trying to shoehorn logically developed characters into retarded trope morals

>one of his favorite manga and biggest influences
>one of his favorite manga
Where in the fuck did you got that information?
>one of his biggest influences
I can see he likes and got inspired by it, so what? I already knew that and it doesn't justify JoJo's horrid writing.
>have some fucking respect
>waah don't criticize JoJo's , can't you see Togashi likes it

Who the fuck do you think read it?
How many retarded hxh threads do you need to see before realizeing that hunterfags are underage?

>Worldbuilding
All those reality pic meant nothing.

also stands are riffing off of kinnikuman in the first place, and nen beasts as a royal protector are more in line with a kinnikuman reference. but jojo fans tend not to know about anything around the timeframe of or preceding jojo so they assume everything is from jojo

there's obviously parts that are still tied to jojo stands, and a vast majority of it such as the parasitic relationship and personality development is basically unique

Attached: hqdefault-2.jpg (480x360, 23K)

>He literally saw people die infront of him in the hunter exams and didn't give a fuck.

What Gon should do about it? Cry? These people knew what they were doing.

Attached: 1550230707982.png (526x584, 162K)

Seriously what taken him so long? i dont care about the dark continent anymore.I just want to see the conclusion of kurapika life.
btw when will the volume for the last ten chapter be release?

Attached: 1517868079604.jpg (309x600, 54K)

Keep dancing, puppets. We love the free bumps. No other manga has threads this active while on hiatus.

Attached: hisokaballin.png (202x262, 68K)

I heard Kurapika father and mother sexually experimented in the black market.

Chapter drop?

Attached: 1498497753476.png (500x500, 155K)

But I like HxH, retard.

Based

Soon, brother.

Attached: 1538330293187.png (764x650, 360K)

Actually, it was a play off of the mirroring going on in that chapter. Onior loved human service and excess while Brocco surrounds himself with animals. Their panels mirrored one another, and when we reach Morena she's put in the center and compared to Christ. Jesus was the son of God sent to absolve people of their sins, while Morena is the rejected daughter of a king who wants the world to burn for its innate sin. In that image she is put in the middle with human crimes on the right and crimes of nature to her left, juxtaposing what the two other mafia heads indulge themselves in(human service and nature).

Attached: 4.png (675x1002, 401K)

Who copied Kinnikuman

Cockroaches nen (stand)

Attached: 72a.png (1024x936, 539K)

I had hopes on this hiatus being a short one, because of Togashi's last comment about the already done storyboards of the next 10 chapters.

But now I have hopes that we will get more chapters when he returns! Right? He said in a interview that he wanted to do something about the irregular publications, so he's taking his time to accomplish a proper schedule or at least 20 chapters this time! R-Right??

Holy fuck, I didn't even catch this. Now that Morena panel is even more brilliant than I initially thought. Great observation user.

Attached: 1464875625526.jpg (200x203, 14K)

>where’s Gon
Gon’s story is done, he’s met Ging, his arc is now complete.

Pure ToGODashi KINO.

Attached: InOrderToDestroy.jpg (784x1145, 669K)

No that wasn't my point.
Alot of you act like Gon was actually good and pure and he became like this in the CA arc and that's a great development.
My point is that he was always a hypocrite when it comes to human life and his morality.
Atleast you would think as a pure good kid he would be kind of traumatized for a while after seeing this brutal death but no he literally keeps smiling and wasn't affected at all.
Gon is the same from the beginning till the end when it comes to his personality, morality and look at life.
The only difference are the situations that he was put into.
Eren did change and changed alot, he grew up and developed a new moral code of his own after what he has been through.
Gon is incredibly undeveloped and was thrown away for some retarded minor characters who nobody gives a fuck about.

user i..

I swear this place gets more retarded by the day, you won't find this many dumbfucks anywhere else. Nobody paid him to genocide the Kurta to begin with, and even if they did, it doesn't change a thing. Mercenaries and bounty hunters fight wars or criminals, they don't behead innocent children in front of their parents, subhuman brainlet, and if they do, yes, they are evil fucks who should be hanged. You're still a sick fuck even if all the shit you do is part of your job or you're doing it for your family, which is not what Chrollo does anyway, brain dead faggot

When are hunterfags going to actually read another manga and realize that HXH is nothing special?

I honestly enjoy hxh.

No wonder some people say Togashi is just Miura drawing with his left hand

>which is not what Chrollo does anyway,
He does it for Meteor City, which is his family.

When did hxh turn into THIS nonsense?

Attached: 1541712346976.jpg (1080x2029, 480K)

yet nothing compares to it

>A child is a hypocrite.
Imagine being this much of a hypocrite.

Doki Doki l-Panic or Corpse Party or ghost take over lady with autism?

Based.

I have read a lot of Tezuka manga, JoJo, Berserk, Inoe works, Ikky, Ryoichi, Even trash like Naruto and Bleach. Nothing comes close to brilliance ofHunter x Hunter. It's both greatest curse and greatest blessing.

Attached: readytokill.jpg (284x284, 53K)

Gon understood contestants were voluntarily endangering their lives(this point is echoed during Greed Island), and someone like Johness dying is something he definitely shouldn't be batting an eye at. Even during the Exam he bothered helping Ponzu, who he had no real attachment to. His development is too much to detail in a Yea Forums comment, but the arcs leading up to CA and the first half of CA all play off of things like hypocrisy, people who care about others, killing, risking his own life, and involuntarily risking the lives of his friends.

Never read or watched AoT and the pic is obviously bait so no comment on that.

t. has read 5 manga including HXH

K I N O
I
N
O

Attached: Balance.jpg (1998x1084, 1.05M)

Rihan, Furykov, and Babi are great.

Attached: 5qsxl3iho9d31.jpg (640x930, 76K)

Maybe try reading books then.
You know teens comics aren't the only way to tell a story.

you can read thousands of manga son, yet none come close to hunterxhunter.
just look how dead is Yea Forums
togashi save us

I don't know but Pitou get his boipussy annihilated

Well, i read books and they able to give me satisfaction, just like music and cinema, but we're talking about manga medium right now, no?

I'm not interested in entertainment anymore, I only read esoteric and scientific documents nowadays. I am actually reading Polybius' account of the Punic Wars & Arrian's Anabasis of Alexander atm.

I only keep up with HxH still because it is legitimately mind-stimulating kinography.

Attached: sw-chart-390.png (6754x3726, 2.52M)

Holy fuck, i don't usually come into HxH threads but i guess the so called ''hunterchads'' really can BTFO shitposters and brainlets. Congrats

Speedreaders, go back

Attached: S.jpg (308x130, 21K)

Onior has to be on the right side, Kanjidolt.

Attached: kanjidolt.jpg (598x502, 95K)

Fuck off ESL bastard

Hunterchad approved cinema:

Le Carrosse d'or (Jean Renoir, 1952)
Saikaku ichidai onna (Kenji Mizoguchi, 1952)
Le Plaisir (Max Ophüls, 1952)
Viaggio in Italia (Roberto Rossellini, 1954)
Johnny Guitar (Nicholas Ray, 1954)
Moonfleet (Fritz Lang, 1955)
Mr. Arkadin (Orson Welles, 1955)
The Searchers (John Ford, 1956)
Le notti bianche (Luchino Visconti, 1957)
Vertigo (Alfred Hitchcock, 1958)
El ángel exterminador (Luis Buñuel, 1962)
Le Procès de Jeanne d'Arc (1962), de Robert Bresson
Pour la suite du monde (1963), de Pierre Perrault
O necem jiném (Vera Chytilova, 1963)
Gertrud (Carl Theodor Dreyer, 1964)
Walkower (Jerzy Skolimowski, 1965)
Playtime (Jacques Tati, 1967)
Faces (John Cassavetes, 1968)
Partner (Bernardo Bertolucci, 1968)
The Edge (Robert Kramer, 1968)
Sayat Nova (Sergei Parajanov, 1969)
La Région centrale (Michael Snow, 1971)
Der Tod der Maria Malibran (Werner Schroeter, 1972)
Solaris (Andrei Tarkovski, 1972)
The Long Goodbye (Robert Altman, 1973)
Salò (Pier Paolo Pasolini, 1975)
Central Bazaar (Stephen Dwoskin, 1976)
Passe-montagne (Jean-François Stévenin, 1978)
Deutschland bleiche Mutter (Helma Sanders-Brahms, 1980)
Francisca (Manoel de Oliveira, 1981)
L'Homme atlantique (Marguerite Duras, 1981)
L'enfant (Luc Dardenne, Jean-Pierre Dardenne)
La Vie de famille (Jacques Doillon)
Il portiere di notte (Liliana Cavani)

Attached: 1555329689867.jpg (477x472, 145K)

Based Yea Forums Cammychad

Attached: 1461269565774.png (500x289, 166K)

True, I rushed that together in like 30 seconds after reading your post, I'll fix it after

Attached: 1451258930138.png (300x300, 106K)

>Gon’s story is done, he’s met Ging, his arc is now complete.
Dropped it long ago. So how's that resolved?

Attached: 1549852862323.png (292x411, 153K)

rent free

why does Chrollo looks like Steve Carell in some panels?

>not a new IP

I knew it was one of you losers. Go back to your double digit IP dying threads before I pay them a "visit".

Attached: 1450806656430.jpg (270x362, 47K)

Pretty based list. I'l like to add
Werckmeister Harmonies, 2011 (Bella Tarr)
Funny Games, 1977 (Michael Haneke)
Europa, 1991 (Lars von Trier)
Diabel, 1972 (Andrzej Żuławski)

Attached: 1498166619680.png (415x424, 182K)

Werckmeister Harmonies, 2000*
Also Lav Diaz works pretty similar to Tarr. His 8 hours long opus magnum 'Melancholia' is something

>speedreader
>my post is disagreeing

rent free

Is the one on the left the person that killua's sister killed?

>that picture
Jesus fuck what the hell Togashi you have to be legit autistic.

That's not me, I thought it was well put together friend, even if you did flip them.

Another page on them here also ties into this theme, but might be implying it's almost like a totem pole too. The introduction order was Onior, Brocco, Morena, and that's repeating here. Onior is constantly eating(animals) while human service remains, Brocco is allegedly well accustomed to nature, and Morena is absent(in another mirror panel) and theme looks to be religious. Two possible predictions we can take from this is that Onior may end up in more direct opposition with Brocco due to the disconnect in behavior, and that Morena might remain absent for awhile longer in a sort of Hisoka situation while her disciples act through her.

Attached: 07.jpg (784x1145, 317K)

Given that this is an anime and manga board, telling him to go outside the medium to find something better is basically conceding that HxH obliterates it's contemporaries. Is this really a position you want to take?

>Are you sure?
>Probably
You didn't know

Almost every seinen

The best seinen don't have villains.

I've read the stuff several times, I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they were missing context clues instead of the text literally refuting it. but fair

They were in the middle of a city when the petrification happened. He doesn't need to look for remains of civilization because he's already in the center of where civilization was. Hardly anything survived. And he had to prioritize survival over wandering around looking for shit. He figures out how to unpetrify people pretty quickly so he doesn't need to search for other survivors. He can make new survivors wherever he is.

No I don't consider hxh even to be that good in the first place, most arcs didn't interest me at all but If he feeling this despair from not being able to find another story that he consider as good as hxh, he can just read normal books.
I know this is Yea Forums but it's pathetic to see this many people considering basic and average tier storytelling methods, characters and view of moral issues this high tier of literature when it's really nothing special.

It's been retarded since chapter 1. Since the introduction of the very concept of hunters and mystical monsters.

>basic and average tier storytelling methods
Can you elaborate or give me exemples of what you'd consider better "storytelling methods"? If you don't consider it that good, what manga do you read for their advanced storytelling methods, and what are they exactly?
HxH's storytelling is definitely different than the vast majority of the series in its genre, I don't think you people argue that. Also I got a worthless meme degree in literature and they're completely different mediums in the first place, it's really fucking stupid to bring up books when the first thing they teach you is the importance of mediums. It just doesn't work the same. You must not be as well versed as you think you are if you think it was even worth bringing up or a compelling argument.

dio is so badly writen I think it was the point in my childhood where I stopped listening to the opinions of people from an anonymous board blindly. normies overrate the dumbest most basic stuff without requiring any reason as to why they do it, I should've known

I agree completely.

>He literally saw people die infront of him in the hunter exams and didn't give a fuck.
Why should he care? Do you care like some dumb bitch? Besides he was way up front while the people behind died.

what is a hunter anyway

This thing

Attached: hunter.png (680x1040, 696K)

HxH have been always about dangerous beasts and their tamers.

Attached: 1562885168282.jpg (595x842, 95K)

>We want the Made in Abyss audience, but not the pedophile part

Why is Hisoka so fucking strong?

Hisoka vs chimera ants

>Hisoka
>strong

Attached: 1464875625526.jpg (200x203, 14K)

>gon and killua
>not pedo bait

Remember how Yea Forums reacted to the spoilers of Hisoka and Chrollo's fight aftermath?

Attached: ehum.jpg (417x353, 19K)

>Chrollo
>powerful

Attached: 11234567887.jpg (300x293, 100K)

Attached: innocent fatass killed.jpg (1050x951, 393K)

Or how Yea Forums lost it's minds about O MY RUBBER NEN among other things? Yeah those were the times ascended Yea Forums on a whole new level.

Attached: ehum.jpg (417x353, 28K)

>weak
>Hisoka

Attached: 1564509323517.jpg (200x202, 12K)

How do I into HxH?
Anime first, manga first, new anime, old, etc.

>If you don't consider it that good, what manga do you read for their advanced storytelling methods
None.
Manga is filth.

1. yes.
2. most mangaka sell their rights/become co-owners of the manga to get published, especially in SJ where shueisha becomes co owner.
3. lol no

1999 first due to beautiful cinematography and superior visual story-telling and direction.

Manga first, 99 if you enjoyed it, 2011 if you're really bored

Where are my viz scans for HxH, you shits?

If you want to experience the least amount of pain, watch the 2011 anime and then make your own headcanon as to what will happen for the rest of the story because the actual story is 15+ years away from finishing at the rate chapters are drawn.

Personally I started with 99 because 2011 didn't exist yet, so I'm biased enough to say that you should start with 99 so you can admire the hand drawn animation.
I wouldn't recommend starting with manga because both of the anime adaptions are really good, continue with the manga once you finish 2011 ver.

watch / read it as slow as possible so that you can avoid entering the manga hiatus suffering train

This picture actually brings up a good point about intelligent writing.
Like that pasta comparing no country for old men and Sherlock

Manga (VIZ) first
then 1999
and last 2011
Reread the manga again

Attached: gittalul.jpg (841x735, 112K)

>I wouldn't recommend starting with manga
Both adaptations change the story though.
99 has filler and a lot of out of character moments.
2011 has less filler but it removes important things.

2011 also had a lot of out of character moments.

>filename
That's not even a panel you absolute brainlet

Like what?

Chrollo was actually made before Pucci
Or does it have something to do with his new abbilities? I'm not up to date

Like Gon or making Leorio less competent.

you gonna hate it after 1 month spent with those retards

it's just a shitpost mate

Like making Kite and Gon almost complete strangers

by far the worst change and the reason why the 99 anime was better

>no ant arc
>better
No.

The NGL.

Oh yea, totally, everyone knows the stories that have 100 plots that span years so its impossible to follow withour re reading things, otherwise you forget important details, are the best.

They are literally the pinnacle of writing.

What do you mean concise stories with a start and an end? Fuck that, who needs that.

Better to have no ant arc than butchering it.

Its amazing indeed. And its only amazing because togashi has not yet touched it. Anything he will do with it will just drag it down. The only way he can write himself out of this pit is by never touching it again. But then the whole setup of the dark continent will end up a literary sin.

leave Tserriednich to me

Attached: 1557574326951.jpg (256x340, 31K)

>THEY ARRIVE TO THE DC
>IT'S ACTUALLY OUR WORLD
>WE WERE THE GREAT CALAMITIES ALL ALONG

Attached: 1467275108292.png (1280x720, 894K)

Nice joke

WE WUZ CALAMITIES AND SHIIIIT

Attached: ;).jpg (699x750, 74K)

>can't shitpost about it
>w-well if he wrote it it'd be shit!
The absolute state of shounenbabbies. Is this the best you can do?

Attached: 1437961703218.jpg (500x500, 138K)

>they get to the DC
>it's the One Piece world
>Hisoka is made out of rubber

Unlike other homo, I got real waifu here's.

>Ponzu

Attached: 3bb5996d2c61b2399525d7d1ce935d7b.jpg (480x576, 74K)

It is really surprising that a board the unironically discusses Black Clover has shit opinions.

based ESL retard

Attached: 1368930131708.gif (457x250, 572K)

Still mad they censored that on the anime

>didn't even get reincarnated/eaten by the queen
>killed and eaten by some low tier ant with a gun who probably took a big fat Ponzu shit later

Who was he in his past life before turning into that creature? How did he end up getting killed and eaten?

Not even, its more like its only good because of its mistery. As soon as any light would be shed on anything going on on the continent, it will just split opinions again. Some will like it some wont. If we are lucky it will have a lot of highlights, if we arent, its gonna be hiatus time.

Part of dedication is restraint. Knowing when ones abilities start, and end.

not cool

Attached: 1555852314399.png (225x225, 20K)

It could work, if he portraits it as a fundamentally alien, surreal landscape that cannot be fully understood. Otherwise it will fail simple because nothing he could do would be able to live up to the hype.

>some low tier ant
Say that again, I fucking dare you

Attached: bang bang .png (453x678, 371K)

He'll just write both teams exploring a SCP 610 infested town and the SCP 093 dimension. It is not that hard. Togashi is a fan of horror movies and stories like these abound today.

JoJo isn't even on the radar.It has some Naruto tier villains

Brion looks like he spends his days practicing JoJo poses.

Exactly, i think the hype is what will kill it. And if he writes it as so fundamentally alien, it will be hard for the story to continue. Honestly since the whole point of this expedition already went out the window with the duel between princes, and since it seems that this is the whole point of this operation, we might never actually see much of the continent anyway.

Probably one of Gyro's soldiers

At this point this is baseless speculation. On what grounds can you pretend to know how it will turn out or say it will be bad before even getting there? Could you have guessed how CA would have turned out when it first started?

Either that, just a agressive beast or some sort of serial killer used to live alone, I think it's the latter.

They'll never admit that their show is nothing but memes.

This makes 0 fucking sense and very little in this manga follows strict scientific principals but uses them in a completely loose and arbitrary sense to move the plot forward, such as pic related.

Shounen shitters will never understand

I hope Togashi stops taking long hiatuses and releasing only 10 chapters a year.

>bro it's like the Trinity because they're the elite guard and there are three of them
Sasuga Togashi

>I'll just ignore the literal tournament arc isekai plotline and filler recruitment shit as well as the arc where evil monsters(but not really they're morally gray I swear) are trying to take over the world

Currently reading this. The level of detail in this arc is mindblowing. Togashi is a fucking genius

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-30 Hunter x Hunter - Vol 34 Chapter 360 Parasite.png (1364x2043, 1.4M)

Togashi is a genius, he knows he will never get to this place so he won't have to explain shit.

>literal tournament arc
There's no tournament in Heaven's Arena.
>isekai plotline
Done way before it became overused and is unironically the best isekai out there.
>filler recruitment
Not filler, it's what made them develop their hatsu.
>arc where evil monsters(but not really they're morally gray I swear) are trying to take over the world
Actual brainlet if that's what you remember from the ant arc.
You should have memed about my rubber nen.

>when an entire manga's mantra is only worthy of being an aside in one panel of hxh

Attached: wow....png (426x272, 157K)

Aren't humans as a species actually ranked pretty high on the calamity scale?

Attached: HUNTERCHADSS.jpg (838x262, 59K)

Not him, but you could guess some of the things that happened in the arc basically from the beginning.

Any Chrollo cucks here?

Attached: 1553001781511.png (358x383, 153K)

The 2011 anime is plebeian as fuck and not Hunterchad approved in any way.

Is this a joke, this sounds like something you'd sell to faggots wearing "I fucking love science" shirts
based post

Hisoka will die fighting Kuroro

Attached: togashi about hisoka vs kuroro.png (1741x1365, 1.52M)

Around the time maneating monsters like the tortoise that grew giant bait strawberrys and the hidden earth frog appeared. What chapter was it, around 15?

Hisoka will die cockblocked, and bargain bin Antichrist will live to see the spider’s legs to be completely cut off.

What is it about HxH that attracts the absolute worst posters

>Look Chrollo, I killed the weakest spider, a woman, non combat oriented, by sneaking up on her, the same way I did with the other two, who didn't even have their abilities. Do you fear me now?

We're still reacting to them. Reading Chrollo vs Hisoka week by week in Yea Forums was glorious. Sometimes I hate Togashi but I'm grateful for that ride.

Chrollo is not powerful, we know that because Hisoka just goes after weaklings and easy kills and when faced with someone genuinely strong like Netero and Razor he just chickens out.

based Togashi confirming Chrollo as the legitimate winner

>take a whole year off
>return with 2 chapters of panels filled with text to appease the "HxH is intellectual and one of the smartest shounen manga" fanbase
>repeat
>eventual volumes sell a fuckton
>married to another mangaka who makes $5.18 million a year on Sailor Moon
Togashi is clever as fuck.

Meanwhile, Kentaro Miura is a foreveralone dying 50 year-old virgin who draws and jerks off to loli porn and Chihaya in his tiny studio making minimum wage because Berserk is dwindling in sales and his fanbase are either 14 year-olds who can't afford to buy his manga or a handful of 30 year-olds who blast thousands of dollars on overpriced Berserk figures that Miura doesn't even benefit from.

Attached: Askechad.jpg (478x750, 167K)

So am I user, so am I.
>BOW DOWN TO THE CLOWN
fuckin kek

I think the pic is implying Goreinu was born instead of Meruem.

then you do in fact concede that HxH is better than it's contemporaries . Could've just saved time and said so.

i've only seen the first handful of episodes of the anime, but this is the kind of stuff i had hoped it'd be about. you know, hunting strange creatures, treasures, etc.

It isn't. It's more or less a battle shonen, though the current arc is less so. There's very little actual hunting in the series outside of vague larger goals like the main character finding his dad or one of the other characters trying to get his hands on his clan's eyes. People really misrepresent what the series is.

1) it was marketed to literal children
2) reddit had a massive boner for 2011. It was literally the rick and morty of anime for them. Whenever anyone asked how to get into anime they would be told HxH. It attracted the absolute worst possible fans

Manga for beginners whose readers think its the be all end all of the medium.

Is so good that everyone who reads it want to talk about it.

>she

Makes sense

Once again, always blame reddit like some kind of retard.

So bros I'm gay not a pedophile, but I keep jerking off to shota porn of Gon and killua, what should I do?

Attached: 4202a3f8453695175822e0a881cd607d.jpg (828x808, 117K)

Oh that's very easy, just kil yourself.
You're sick and can't be cured anymore.

Attached: evil Tserriednich.png (396x403, 116K)

Cut off your dick. With a rusty knife, preferably.

Nothing wrong with the HxH fanbase. All problem posters are falseflaggers.

phagogenesis

Yes but what happend to this guy?

Attached: 1561737553771.png (1334x750, 2.13M)

probably shot dead by gyro's guys

kek
but what if he's still alive? he did after all found Kurt and Reina and started the whole human hunting and whatnot

I don't believe it

Heaven's Area

Crab ant vs Hisoka Morrrrooooooow!

Even if the Queen maybe had human DNA in her, the ants she birthed before eating people were pretty much just tards. So without a Queen I'm not even sure what they'd be doing.

>So without a Queen I'm not even sure what they'd be doing.
Following their insticts and trying to survive or become the next king, the crab ant is no different. Either he's dead or somewhere alive in the woods/occean.

Me on the right...

Attached: cute beasts.jpg (1066x1600, 250K)

right, but he just seems like such a non-issue compared to someone like alligator. i don't think togashi will revisit the ant since it was just made to look spooky for a scene

I know I know but was I just curious about the crab ant. I don't know, he kinda looks cute and fuzzy, he did nothing wrong and obeyed his queen's order without failing.

Attached: gaint crab ant.jpg (951x850, 225K)

Wani said that he didn't have a preference for human or animal flesh, so he could have reasonably incorporared into society as a Magical Beast.

Choose your antfu (left got killed by Netero)

Attached: cute beasts.jpg (946x843, 245K)

When they introduced nen

oh you're a crab stan. in that case don't worry, i'm sure he's calmly eating fish in NGL right now.

I think he's a more likely ant to come back, because he wanted to be the Glutton King. He doesn't necessarily need a craving for human flesh to be a future player.

dumb chimera ants

>
I'm pretty sure he was talking about the crab ant, not the alligator.

Wani is the Alligator, so I think he meant the leader.

The Dark Continent os soooooo big, that even people don't know where it end. I remenber a chapter that presented the continent that all the story happened and the DC, it was the size of island.

YYH's "formula" isn't that unique. It's the least interesting thing about it, I would say.

Becoming Biggon fucks Gon's shit up. Ging is messing with the election of a new chairman for the association, so he and all the other hunters are present in one area. Gon gets cured around this time and walks in on his dad at the assembly hall. They later meet up at the top of a big tree and have a heart to heart. Fifty chapters later and Gon has appeared in one of them. HxH was almost always bigger than Gon, so while I doubt he'll be out of focus forever, it's possible he'll never really be the main character again.

unironically forced art

hiatus is boring and cancerous

I kind of agree
Chapter black is really good until Sensui uses the gay super energy and yusuke revives. The demon thing could've been cool if there was a lot more buildup

seriously chimera ant arc was edgy, slow and took to long

>Living in a shit place.
>Life is hard but I have my friends/familiy.
>Decide to make a gang that fucks with the world that ruined his home and try to help it.
>Lets see what we can do today...
>Lets kill and destroy that tribe of red-eyes dudes just cause lolz.
>Don't have any kind of remorse for killing someone that don't even have any really conection with the shit that happens in his home.
>Gets mad and sad with people that kill is gang/friends/family.

The absolute state of Chrollofags

2011 is closer to the manga and when recommending HxH to a newcomer, 2011 should always take precedent over '99 in situations where the manga isn't an option.

>be human living in NGL minding my own business
>Chimera ants, Chimera ants killing everyone everywhere in the country over
>Take over my already corrupt country
>hunters are just bargaining with corrupt officials and rarely saving civilians like myself
>manage to avoid being eaten by rogue ants
>get hypnotized
>survive selection process
>get turned into a chimera ant
>Paris Hilton guy sends me to DC to likely be fodder

Why are people so heartless.

Attached: I fought, I died.jpg (903x268, 124K)

Come dude, you know that was bullshit the Spider kill Kurapika's tribe. Those dudes were isolated from the rest of the world and didn't have shit to do with things that happend in NGL.

I completely agree with you, my man.

If I get trips Hunter x Hunter returns next month

Attached: Bobobo.png (648x486, 252K)

by this logic anything made up ever is an asspull, your favorite manga/story is an asspull

damn look at all those titties no wonder he won his succession wat

>We'll acept anything you leave, But don't ever take anything away from us

Kurta clan massacre was an act of revenge reveal when

Attached: 1550230707982.png (820x1202, 164K)

His dedication to masturbating over his ideas without actually writing a manga, more like. He's worse than Kubo at this point, at least Kubo had the decency to finish his manga.

>permanently as a nenlet
How is he going to face Jairo without nen?

See you in a year

What will happen to the Black Whale?
Will it reach the continent safely?
200.000 passengers right?

Attached: Hisoka Whale.png (1568x738, 916K)

They're not gona fight, Gyro and Gon will have a converstation at the end of Hunter x Hunter

With Welfin acting as the guard right?

>His dedication to masturbating over his ideas without actually writing a manga, more like. He's worse than Kubo at this point, at least Kubo had the decency to finish his manga.
That is actually true. The manga have become more and more unfocused over time, and the walls of the text less and less interesting. Maybe it will change in 10 years or so, but I wouldn’t bet on that.

Holy shit do you not know anything about map projection?

Many people in Yea Forums don't know the difference between the NGL & East Gorteau...

Not even be "that" mad if this happened. If the tribe fucked up with NGL, there would be at least a poor/decent motive. But it is highly unlike, for a massacre of the whole tribe to happen for this motive. All the trible would have to be involved with messing with NGL in some regard but it was impossible cause they were isolated from the world. The Spider doesn't fuck with the whole continent and only targets some minor group/people with power, if one dude from the tribe messed with the NGL, this one dude would die but not his whole tribe.

>literal Yea Forums nigger

>NGL
>3 times
hahahahaaha, stupid user. Why the fuck are you talking about the NGL? Did I confuse you with my post? You probably meant Meteor City, you funny little ape, not the NGL.

Attached: 1519064509558.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>Meteor City = NGL
Nigga what?

Attached: welfin approves.jpg (1200x675, 52K)

Yes, you are correct. I thought that, maybe, those two things were somewhat the samething, didn't even bothered to check if it was.

Check'em

Kek

You make me sick to my stomach you dumb brainlet

Poor potato dog

Shut the fuck up, you fucking ape.

>why is it so random
Because Togashi is not limited by being a hack writer. Instead, he expresses himself sincerely while not giving a fuck what anyone thinks of the crazy shit he writes about

Why did Gyro go to Meteor City? He took advantage of a certain demographic of ideologists for NGL, but Meteor City is no-one's land.

Do you think Togashi is going to give him Nen or actually he isn't so that it fits with Hon's present state?

Attached: Gyro.jpg (253x495, 64K)

You're talking about Araki. Togashi is a soulless automaton that can't even be bothered to release his manga anymore.

Based. Togashi is insane auteur

Attached: 1550230707982.png (1066x1600, 1.48M)

I hope Meteor City continue to exists even after the end of HxH, instead of being destroyed like other shonen/normie series jus because.

Attached: 1BB03818-8948-49FA-BCA7-EE1F05072AAF.jpg (1297x615, 200K)

99 had the best color schemes. Modest and depressing. Or fucking based come York Shin.

99 Yorknew had something that wants you to go outside during night and visit a 24/7 wake city.

youtu.be/0TRs6cMZkQY
youtu.be/qkJxKPEIGeo
youtu.be/X3nUdEDZjNo

Seinen makes shonenfags seethe

The funny thing about these shitty HxH threads is that the best replies never get any (You)s.
Good post, user.

Attached: 1513432333699.jpg (736x1038, 134K)

>we will never get comfy stage plays with atmosphere ever again
Nightmare of Zoldyk was great. Despite being pure comedy it really had the atmosphere of the anime as well. Also, a literally perfect Hisoka.

Attached: hisochotto.jpg (651x469, 19K)

JoJo villains are by default more interesting because they actually get to kill relevant characters, something that never happens HxH.

Attached: karshandingittoyou.png (363x226, 160K)

>tfw the sense of scale finally sets in
>that thing in the bee/moth's mouth is at least the size of an elephant
>that little herd of tiny animals on the ground near the herd of elephant-things is roughly the size of horses or deer, which are about human-height

That thing is an elephant-sized manticore/chimera. Not to be fucked with.

I love this shit. Call it a gimmick or the manga equivalent of clickbait, but I love me some big ugly monster art, and this is practically porn for that.

How can humans ever hope to control or atleast tame this out of control nature? Like FUBAR...the fuck is wrong with these creatures?

Those elephants look to be bigger than average, especially going off of the fly. It's probably closer to a blue whale.

Just nature taking it's course
Pretty strong creatures though

>that shading
what the fuck? when does togashi shade like that? i started reading the manga and i’m on like ch240~ or so and feel like i’ve only ever seen hatching.

Despite having to wait 10 years to see it come to fruition, I love this. Because very seldom does a series work with this level of scale that really uses it. TTGL and galaxy battles, for example, are huge but it was more of a mashing 2 action figures together kind of feel. This is like looking at comparisons of our solar system to other suns.

That's volume release.

i have been reading the volume viz scans. i meant more specifically the screentones on the faces. i’m either speedreading or crazy because i feel like i haven’t seen him use screentone shading so far, or at least on faces

Mangafreak looks alright

Attached: hunter_x_hunter_349_1.jpg (800x1156, 168K)

You forgot the part where he cut off the heads of all the men, women, and children of a particular ethnic group for money without remorse

It really doesn't matter what he did before or after that, he's evil man. Just because he cares about his friends doesn't make him not evil.

Attached: 1550230707982.png (800x1173, 742K)

I think he used it more in Yu Yu Hakusho and especially Level E. Which I feel needs an anime remake.

Attached: JOHJ.jpg (672x1100, 130K)

Leorio und Nobunaga

>we STILL don't know what his hatsu is after 20+ years
>it'll probably be some stupid shit like "his sword can cut anything and/or is fast"

Judgement Cut

Attached: 1550230707982.png (434x563, 303K)

Pretty sure he isn't supposed to have one.

His power is implied to just be an En field and then striking with his Shu enhanced blade(Enhancers should be better at Shu). They've said a lot of times before that Enhancers don't need to use hatsu to find success; I think it's Wing who explicitly says this to Gon during Greed Island.

That being said he could have "surprise" hatsu where his blade is greatly enhanced under proper circumstances but a full blown hatsu like slicing to create air blasts seems to run counterintuitive to Nobunaga's character IMO.

Ah, Sh*t, here we go again..

Attached: Battle_Cantabile_Jupiter.gif (240x135, 1.75M)

>when you find yourself making excuses for murderers

defend this. HXHverse is a doggy dog world user.

>pussy with weak ass handgun
Preparing for the fisting

Attached: Bonolenov.png (706x768, 416K)

do you have the same degree of moral indignation for child soldiers in Africa who commit heinous acts in real life for similar reasons?
Meteor City is a rough place, PT is product of environment.

Wot stupid wood.....retard.

Masterpiece doesn't need a remake.
Shaman King and possibly Bleach would get an extra remake.

At the start of the Greed Island arc.

>This

Attached: __kurapika_hunter_x_hunter_drawn_by_echigoya_takeru__ff3a3cfc8ed04eaaef7dee307769c07d.png (820x665, 297K)

Mr Tonpa

Attached: Daddy.jpg (480x480, 61K)

Art is subjective and most of the fanbase agrees 2011 is kino with the chimera arc, go back to /pol/

Are you really that incompetent retardant? No, This is canon.

Ponzu: I have to hurry and tell everyone! Mysterious beings that are attacking Riajuus!
(Flashback)
Pokkle: Uwaa! Ponzu, run!
Ponzu: Okay! No hesitation! Etc.

Attached: __pokkle_and_ponzu_hunter_x_hunter_drawn_by_watarui__e88286fe7c2fea3a0551ab5764fbace4.jpg (524x800, 479K)

sadly we will never see the end

Dumb boogeyman poster. I never said my opinions were fact.

Bonolenov and Feitan should team up and destroy Hisoka's pussy

K

Attached: 148.gif (448x253, 602K)

>Feitan
I miss that midget when is Chinese Hiei coming back?

Attached: tfw shorter than feitan.jpg (602x588, 94K)

Soon.

Attached: 1550230707982.png (928x1024, 467K)