Already 960 million yen in donations

>Already 960 million yen in donations
>all data from server retrieved
I think they'll be just fine

Attached: 444.jpg (1200x630, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kyotoanimation.co.jp/information/?id=3080
youtube.com/watch?v=1b2-7HwWB4U
theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/13/new-zealand-man-dies-tied-bed-japanese-hospital
shorthand.radionz.co.nz/kelly-savage-restraint-japan/index.html
headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190730-00010003-kyt-soci
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=19665
desuarchive.org/a/thread/191352390/#191373109
desuarchive.org/a/thread/191352390/#191372147
twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1075803923401842688?s=09
twitter.com/DaisukeP/status/1156328691850366977?s=19
twitter.com/nagesutemajin86/status/1151768226516221953
heavy.com/news/2019/07/kyoto-animation-fire/
asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201907240074.html
quora.com/What-does-it-feel-like-to-be-in-a-coma
youtube.com/watch?v=gLZA32oHbC4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they found a way again?

The injured and affected families, matter.
Besides that, what is the point of this thread?

This

Truth

Their best director, best colorist, best animator are all gone. No matter what they salvage, how much they receive or who comes in to replace them Kyoani's indelible style is gone for good.

Cope they're dead kyoanus fag

>I think they'll be just fine
Didn't all of their best staff die

>960 million yen
It's 3 or even 4 12ep anime shows.

960 million yen is good, but supposedly the medical bill for the survivors is 6 billion

Its more than that. If all this went towards the studio (of course it won't actually, because there are other things that need money and for image purposes they need to prioritize those first, but ignore that for now) the cumulative donations they've received are more than their entire assessed capital, and nearly worth a decade of their _net_ earnings. Including their normal income flow (and in practice there will almost certainly be bump in interest and possibly some governmental assistance) even taking into account the amount they'll be paying out to families they'll be in fine financial shape for the indefinite future. Talent is a concern, but they're in a good position to handle that as long as they can get through the immediate shock.

Aye, there's nothing to worry about, go home folks

I hope they learned their lesson and they stop producing moe
Hopefully they'll use this money to make one punch man season 3

Also, they should fire the staff that survived and get decent people to work there, not feminists and cucks

Sorry to burst your bubble guys but, it has been stated that Kyoani will need "several" billions of dollar only in medical expenses (and this doesn't even consider the studio's rebuild).

And well, they just have one of "several", so far.

Of course they'll prioritize the rebuild but this is no more than a long fight for 5, 10, 20 or more years to make enough money as studio just to get those billions they need to secure not only the studio itself, but the life of the injured which will be dependant of Kyoani for the rest of their lifes.

Hopefully they close before trying to achieve this impossible task

>it has been stated that Kyoani will need "several" billions of dollar only in medical expenses
Kyoto isn't in America

>billions of dollar
>dollar
It's Japan, not America. It will cost billions of yen, not dollars.

block your path

Attached: Yasu.jpg (225x349, 27K)

Government is going to help with the buildings and shit, given that they already managed to get a billion in a single week they should be more than fine by the time the olympics start, and this is in the worst case escenario, Kyoani is perfectly fine and at the end the only important person they lost was the dude that mad Maid Dragon.

>Personal computers inside the building were burned to an unrecognizable state and documents on ongoing projects were nearly all lost, but some original drawings may have been digitalized prior to the attack, Okeda said.
It's over

Yeah, sorry about that. I meant "yen", but it doesn't change a thing about the rest.

They managed to recover their server and all the data in it.

it was an inside job

it will take a while to train and nurture new talent, but I feel confident they'll get back to where they were eventually

The talents lost will never ever come back, though. KyoAni became known of their high quality output because of the talented staff working there, and now some of them are gone forever.

The insider was the only sane person in there

>The talents lost will never ever come back, though.
What talent?

You mom gave me a handjob.

The ones who worked on OPM season 1, Kimetsu no Yaiba, etc.

>Not knowing who is Futoshi Nishiya
>Not knowing who is Kasumi and Shouko Ikeda
>Not knowing who is Yoshiji Kigami
>Not knowing who is Naomi Ishida
>Not knowing who is Taichi Ogawa
>Not knowing who is Chiyoko Ueno
The absolute state of neo Yea Forums

>Kimetsu no Yaiba
idk what I wanted to say there, but not that one.

Weren't the animators that died just students? Studio 1 was the school of Kyoani, no talent died.

I get the feeling they still won't put any money into fire security.

I only pay attention to mangaka and H mangaka. The only anime industry people I know are hidiki anno, urobouchi gen and norio wakomoto.

Attached: 1495401287810.jpg (600x600, 55K)

Who they voiced?

Students normally have teachers that teach them user...

>The ones who worked on OPM season 1
They were freelancers user, not from kyoanus

I would trade the crew and people being alive over the retrieval of data

>thieves die
>give the ones who managed to stay alive money anyway
But why?

Kigami dying is a tragedy for animation in and of itself.
Anyone would.

To be fair, Ogawa is fairly new in directorial roles. The rest are inexcusable though.

>the only important person they lost was the dude that mad Maid Dragon.
They lost a lot of other key personnel, including important animators and all of their character designers. Even if they ever come back, their style will be different.

And who knows how many of the survivors were burned so badly they will never work with animation again.

Tsurune season 2 is saved

>no talent died
see

>The hot new jagged and buff military moe girls anime by KyoAni
I’d watch it

Billions of yen sounds off, at least for Kyoto Animation's total involvement. The 2.3 million raised by the GoFundMe from Sentai (which won't all go to Kyoto Animation because GoFundMe takes a cut) comes out to 250m yen. Even if each of the 70 victims, dead and living, took $100k each in medical / funeral expenses, you're talking about $7m dollars in total medical bills, that's still less than a billion yen (roughly 760m yen). To drive it up to over a billion each person will need $9.2m in total expenses or ~$131k each person. Certainly doable.

To be "several billions", which implies 3 billion or more, you're talking about $394k each person. While costs for severe burns in the US can be ridiculous, with the highest extreme end marks pushing $10m in treatment costs. However, severe non-fatal burn injuries account for ~1% of all workplace injuries and in 2018 that's roughly 28,000 people. Total burn costs annually for burn victim treatments run ~$10.4 billion. That's an average of $371k per person in treatment costs. So, maybe it could get to the several billions. 70 total victims (which includes the fatalities) would put them to that point. Without the fatalities, tho, it wouldn't get close. Also, with insurance there's no way Kyoto Animation is going to have to pay that out of pocket.

So, I don't think this will cost Kyoto Animation several billions in treatments to burn victims. Sure, some of the more severe ones will be highly expensive, but some of those people got out without massive injuries, so they won't cost as much. I think the "several billions" is a bit of an overestimate.

>Teacher died
>No one to teach new batch of students
Breh

Not even all of those people are confirmed dead.

Attached: 1432329097949.jpg (540x936, 154K)

going to animation school in a studio sounds kinda fun

Is this really a good idea to donate so much to people who are 1) Japanese, and 2) work in a field notorious for overworking people even in Japan? What happens when others realise after a 100h crunch week that they can get a vacation + more money than they do by working if they burn down their office?

Until you found yourself burning

user, "schools" in the working environment means "slaves factories" its more about exploiting you than anything

I thought the company has healthcare and accident insurance for all their employees? Isn't that a requirement for modern companies?

it's their money to burn.

Until you realize you're working for 12 hours a day without getting paid.

they're dead

Why was he banned for being right?

Sorry if this question gets Yea Forums heated but do you guys unironically just remember random ass animators and shit like that???? Who the fuck even does that?? I saw people reporting on people who died and Yea Forums said they knew who they were but they were just random ass run of the mill animators you never would've cared about otherwise.

>giving money to the horsefucker
>being right

>but some of those people got out without massive injuries, so they won't cost as much. I think the "several billions" is a bit of an overestimate.
20-something survivors have already left the hospital, so you're probably right.

Because no one really cares about a person’s actions when they’re dead

so it's more like an apprenticeship but instead of cleaning toilets you draw inbetween frames

>best colorist

Colouring in between the lines isn't hard.

In fact their animation staff was even more damaged than their directors staff.

Takemoto is known to be the very best Kyoani director and he died, but they still have Ishihara, Yamada, Ishidate (I fear he is injured anyway), Eisaku Kawanami and Noriyuki Kitanohara (the man in his fifties who jumped from the second floor and is already working)

But the animation department was tragically anihilated, chief animator Futoshi Nishiya, Ikeda sisters, Chiyoko Ueno, Taishi Ogawa, Tomoe Aratani, Seiichi Akitake, Miku Kadowaki, Schie Tsuda, and god knows how many more.

I haven't even heard of one single good news aside of Akiko Takase who did OP, ED and 1st episode of VEG, who is alive, and safe.

Animation staff was extremely, absurdly damaged. It will take 10-15 years to replace that. Those names participated in, perhaps, 90% of all Kyoani series.

Color designer.

There's 10 people still at the hospital. 20 were released. What of the 10 surviving needs "billions" worth of treatment?

>deleted == banned

yeah, but just more frames that you can fisically do in a healty hour schedule

BUH BUH BUH BASED

Even if they survived, they might have suffered from life-changing injuries or too traumatized to work.

>but they still have Ishihara, Yamada, Ishidate
Those 3 are enough to rebuild kyoani. The others really don't matter that much.

The "several" billions is taking into consideration a "whole life treatment". And not only in burn damage but psychological, and that one counts not only for burned people but the whole staff, even the ones who weren't in the building. Also, the cost of prothesis, wheel chairs, and general implements that these greatly injured people might need.

I'm not saying that they need "several" billions right away, but in the whole lifespan of these people.

70 people affected. 35 died. 20 left straight away. Few more a few days later. 10 are still in care.

None of them had to pay for anything. This isn't the US. You don't need to pay for the ambulance ride, you don't need to pay for the pills they make you take, you don't need to pay for the food you eat there or the bed you sleep on there.

The only reason I hesitate to donate to the GoFundMe wasn't because of the nature of the website. But because they were Japanese.

Japanese healthcare is not like the barbaric American one, they don't cost an arm and a leg for minor treatment. For major treatment they always have insurance cover too.

Half the people who died were in their early 20's. Interns, new comers, and students. The studio had over 160 employees. They're fine.

>The others really don't matter that much.
>The people who draw doesn't matter that much.
>Fucking Nishiya literally carried the designs and best scenes of Hyouka, Free, Nichijou, Liz and the blue bird and Disappearance of Haruhi.
>Ikeda sisters, same for Clannad, Kanon, Air, Chu2byou, Amagi, Kyoukai no Kanata, Phantom World, etc, etc.
>And those are just 3 main animators.
You're simple too retarded to post here.

fixing burn victims isn't exactly minor "treatments"

>not only in burn damage but psychological

They're Japanese. They're not as weak as white people. They don't suffer from PTSD. They see their colleagues burning, they live, and they go to work the next time. If you watch documentaries on their war veterans, they laugh and reminisce on the good times they've had. You see the same of American Vietnam War vets, and they're all crying and sobbing.

>Takemoto is known to be the very best Kyoani director and he died
Nope.

Seriously though, they're lucky to still have Ishihara, Ishidate and Yamada around.
Especially Ishidate, who can now take up Kigami's role.

sure thing ESL

I think there are plenty of studios who are riding on just 1-2 people.

Is that enough money for AmaBuri s2?

Sure thing. Or maybe they just don't talk about it in public.

Attached: aecb147bb5823bf7bde4fee85a3fa2b682cebd78_hq.jpg (960x916, 71K)

And those are covered by the insurance.

I could only imagine how much the quality of KyoAni will go up now that all the feminists are wiped out. Instead of 75/25 F/M, it'll probably be 50/50 F/M and improve a fuck ton.

>They're Japanese. They're not as weak as white people. They don't suffer from PTSD.
That's fucking bullshit. They just hide the mentally ill to a basement so nobody on the outside finds out.

Don't they kill their mentally ill like Germany once did?

what the fuck are they loading into the car? Some kind of bazooka?

Attached: belongings.jpg (870x576, 70K)

speakers

Implying from the 30 survivors each will need on average 2mill USD in treatment. (Despite JP national health insurance covers 70% medical bills and moreover personal insurance).

Bose Acoustic Wave Cannon.

Have you insensitive jerks even thought about the funeral expenses?

what kind of asshole would use such a thing

an audiophile

They pale in comparison to the medical expenses.

>Bose

Going to burn the family's wallet too huh

>minor treatment
Burns aren't minor treatment. I have no doubt their medical costs would be less than in the US, but take the person that had to get their legs amputated as an example. They'll need to start thinking about accessibility accommodations for a wheelchair, like if they have a car they probably need to get a new one outfitted with a lift.

wtf give back my money then

The kind of asshole that hauls 40 liters of gasoline to an anime studio and torches the building.
>Bose
>audiophile

they find a way

Finish reading my post please.

No you. Insurance isn't going to cover a new car most of the time.

To think that if the NHK interview wouldn't have occurred that day probably not even a quarter of their main talent would be dead. A lot of them even had home office, but that day it was required for all staff to be there, for the interview and filming stuff.

And the worst thing is that I doubt the fucking psycho dominated that information beforehand, that fat-ass probably got lucky, I mean, really lucky, perhaps extremely lucky. One in a million chance.

The kind of asshole that harasses his neighbors for years and then kills 35 people.

I really doubt that he would have given up if NHK wasn't there.

if this dude has harassed his neighbors for *years* and allegedly threatened to kill them, why dont they fucking arrest his ass or get him removed?

don't look at me I know nothing about audio but he probably thought of himself as one or he used it to piss off his neighbours

It does in civilized countries. Where I live, mandatory insurance usually includes various disability subsidies, so you can get the insurance company to help you with a new car too.

there is literally nothing you can do about loud neighbours except move away

It's pretty hard to arrest someone for being a dickhead. People always ask why something wasn't done about criminals before they make an incident, but until they do something illegal the cops can't do much. It's possible that he might have gotten harassment charges if people really pushed for them but that's got a pretty high bar and often times people just try to ignore crazies instead of getting involved further.

Agreed, its a shame of how cucked the whole anime fandom is, buying into all this yearly generic tripe. Maybe things might change for the better, but forgive me if i have my doubts

The police told the neighbors that they couldn't arrest him until he actually did something. Harassing people and yelling "I'll kill you" doesn't count as "something" in Japan, apparently.

But I mean, NHK was the only reason the studio was so packed with talented people at the same time. And all of them in the only floor who killed almost everyone (3rd), which was meeting room. Directors and main animators works together with the rest of the minor staff in the lower floors, in regular days (probably 90% of the time), the attack wouldn't have been remotely close in victims and general damage.

The fucking guy wouldn't have waited for months to attack, once he got bored any day would be good. The guy didn't even change his shirt, probably went to Kyoto for some days, weeks at much.

And where is that? Either way, we don't know for sure what is covered and what isn't. Even in countries with stellar national healthcare it's rare that there aren't additional costs with a catastrophe like this. Not everything is going to be covered, and even things that are covered can be improved with the additional funding. For example, instead of just getting whatever car the insurance would cover they may be able to have their choice.

It doesn't count as something anywhere.

The same happens all around the world. Noise complaints don't do shit, the landowner/police will just give a warning and nothing more.

>The fucking guy wouldn't have waited for months to attack
We don't know how long he has been planning this for. It's entirely possible he has wanted to burn KyoAni down for years and just finally found the opportunity. The guy is burn people alive crazy, I wouldn't put anything past him.

Under what charges are those offense

>Now they've scammed everybody into donating to help them after the "attack" they have enough money to create 5 more K-ONs

if someone you politely asked to turn down their TV noise came out, grabbed you by the collar and said "I'll kill you! I have nothing to lose" and you fucking kick his ass in response, would YOU get in trouble instead

Yeah dude, because it's totally free to train new staff, rebuild a studio and compensate the victims and their families

>A guy stupid enough to plan a fire method that almost killed himself.
Nah, he was not even smart enough. He got just monumentally lucky.

OVER 30 PEOPLE DIED

I don't think it's a scam if you have to kill three dozen people.

Mr. Hatta with his tricks to escape the yakuza

It's not stupid -- I mean it is, but not in regards to accomplishing his goal -- if he was going for maximum destruction and didn't care if he died in the process.

He assaulted at least one neighbor and was banging on people's doors when angry. It's not a criminal offense per se, but this could get you arrested for "disruptive behavior" in many countries.

Given enough complaints the fucker would've been evicted, at least where I live. Also the death threats and harassment, if frequent and/or long lasting enough, would warrant a restraining order.

He clearly didn't want to die in the process, considering how fast he tried to run away.

He didn't say he was smart just that he probably planned it for a while.

"He said, she said" is always tricky. If you can prove it was self-defense, then in any sane country you wouldn't have a problem. The real issue is whether it would accomplish anything, or whether you want to get involved with someone of that level of crazy or just begrudgingly ignore them because they might break into your house and light you on fire while you're sleeping.

And then he get's released the same day and then what?

He was monumentally lucky he even got inside. Normally the doors were locked, but that day they were open because they were expecting the visitors from NHK.

My neighbors got into a brawl after long cold war and the police just told them to shut up. The only solution for this kind of shit is to move out

>and then what

Attached: 6.png (640x360, 171K)

That's not a given. Plans change fast when you're on fire. He might have been okay with dying to begin with but most people aren't like that monk that torched himself alive while sitting cross-legged, and they'll freak out and run around.

That's true to some extent but depending on what kind of windows they had he could have just lobbed the bucket through them or found some other method. You've got to understand that people of his level of crazy can sit there focusing on whatever their malfunction is for 24 hours a day. I have a very hard time believing that someone that would light a building on fire would show up, see the door is locked, then leave and never bother them again.

He even had knifes, which he didn't use because I will guess he planned in his stupid lunatic head to stab everyone who tried to escape, but didn't took into consideration that 10~40 liters of gasoline might ignite like a fucking bomb burning everything in the first floor at the same time, (included himself). This was proved it in the scale experiment, and by neighbors which heard an explosive kind of sound.

I insist, the guy was braindead, stop elevating him that much.

This

based armchair gigatard

I'm not saying he's a genius or anything user, I'm just saying that having a plan that doesn't work out entirely like he expected doesn't mean he wasn't planning it for a while or that he wouldn't be incredibly persistent in enacting that plan or something else if he couldn't.

Not him but it covers my entire car when I drove into the drain at 80kmph. I am not even from a first world country.

>An unprecedented atrocity has robbed many of our friends and colleagues of their bright futures and has left many deeply injured.
>News from all over the world tells us that amazingly many number of people has sent us their hearts and prayers, which are like candles in the darkness, for those of us trapped in the darkness of deepest grief.
>There are many friends and colleagues who are hospitalized and suffering, fighting for their lives.
>Please give us some time.
>We promise that Kyoto Animation will continue to create animation that help people have dreams, hope and impress them.
>Kyoto animation will continue to make its employees and staff lead happy lives, and contribute to society and local community.
>I assure you that Kyoto Animation will not give up, we will not go quietly into the night...we will not vanish without a fight!

>Kyoto Animation Co. CEO Hideaki Hatta

kyotoanimation.co.jp/information/?id=3080

For starters they haven't lost hope.

Learn to colour so it becomes easy for you

Most people here were "why didn't they just run away?" because everyone underestimates how fire works. I doubt the arsonist had a chance to practice this.

That's not what a colorist does, user.

based retard doomposter

That's car insurance designed to insure a specific item so it obviously doesn't apply here because their car wasn't what was burned. Your car insurance wouldn't buy you a new car with a lift because someone burned you half to death at work. I'm talking about any insurance they have that might cover the situation they're in, which for most people is basically just health insurance.

I get your point. But you don't get mine: "The probability of that he encountered all those beneficial factors for his plan at the same time were insanely low".

Because from what we can imply from your message is that you attribute even this "improbable factors" to be part of his plan. Which is absurd, from a guy who can't even search for "gasoline reactions to fire" in 5 minutes on Google, in order to not kill himself in the process.

WHAT WAS THE KILLER'S MOTIVE

Yes, many people do find the production side of anime to be interesting. I don't know why you'd find that strange at all, isn't it natural to want to know more about something you like?

Attached: 1447395043154.png (576x699, 194K)

Health insurance usually cover medical bills fully for any catastrophic events.

No, I get what you're saying too, we're just at an impasse because I don't think that a guy being stupid means that he will give up easily or not find some other way to accomplish his goal. Again, maybe if he couldn't just walk through the front door he'd show up with a sledge hammer and shatter his way in through the glass. I have no idea what thoughts were swirling around in his head. I just really don't think he would have shown up, said "Ah, I guess the door's locked it can't be helped so they're not getting murdered" and left to never try again.

For (You)

Depends on the insurance policy. A new car with a lift may not be considered a medical necessity that they cover. Again, this is all just an example. It's great if they do cover all of it but I doubt that out of the 70+ people involved there wont be some major expenses.

>all this doom posting
>no consideration to how exciting it will be to see a new Kyoani style rise from the ashes
The people at Kyoani started from somewhere, too.

Is the killer still in coma?

I don't think so.

He better hope he stays in a coma. He's about to live a life of intolerable suffering from the hands of people who want to avenge the deaths of Kyoani.

>implying indelible then

>A new car with a lift
Why would they cover that? You seems to have some reading disorder. Health insurance cover medical bills as I mentioned again and again. Sure there are other things you need to buy to supplement for recovery but it is not that big of a deal unless you really want maximum comfort.

The point of this thread is to assume Kyoani will rise again but with new people, and new animation style and designs.

Also that, they need "several" billions yet, so you can't feel relaxed and safe with the current donations (which OP implied). BUT, also that you can't be extremely negative as well because Kyoani will surely find the way to sustain itself and their victims thorough the next years.

And that's it. End of the thread.

Maybe you should go back and read the comment chain because I specifically mentioned a car with a lift as something that the person that had their legs amputated may need, that likely wouldn't be covered by health insurance, but could be paid for with the donations.

>but it is not that big of a deal unless you really want maximum comfort.
I'm perfectly okay with people that got burned half to death seeing some comfort.

>new animation style
I hope they don't fall for the CG meme.

PhoenixAni will rise again

I'm afraid you highly overestimate how much insurance pays.

>people never died before

It's not like it was you that died user, I actually like KyoAni.

Wut

Attached: 1530689718880.webm (640x360, 2.42M)

>is
user...

That's not how "is" works.

No, the KyoAni school is an actual training course, the students are only there to learn, they don't work on actual productions. You guys don't know what you're talking about.

Attached: 1317299482179.jpg (500x540, 103K)

Cut his skin open, then a lemon bath, followed by 6 hours buried up to his neck in an ant's nest. Daily.

dont cry user, most of your girly cartoons are outsourced by korean and chinese immigrants anyways...

Ho-ohAni

Have you ever actually watched Chinese or Korean anime? They're festering shit.

>he doesn't know based Joji Nakata
Absolute pleb.
youtube.com/watch?v=1b2-7HwWB4U

This. Takemoto, Kigami, and Ishida were massive losses that no amount of money can ever mitigate, and with people like Ishidate surviving it seems like we can only look forward to more garbage. Fuck this gay Earth.

Using CG for static background objects is fine. It's only terrible when they try to make 3DCG characters look like traditionally animated ones.

yamakan survived too
he will make a come back, I know it

>yamakan
pretty easy to survive when your wallowing in your bankruptcy hundreds of miles away from the fire

Of course he survived, he hasn't worked there in at least a decade.

So the current doompositng's really interesting, since it seems to be built on the idea that because key staff have died, it's literally impossible for anybody to ever take their place. Will it be the same? Probably not, no. But that doesn't mean it's automatically shithouse.
I was really impressed by how well they integrated the 3DCG elements into VEG, while you could tell they weren't plain hand-drawn, it never pulled you out of the aesthetic of the show.

Here's is a secret weapon: Hire Yamakan.

His directorial knowledge and vision will bring KyoAni back into their golden days. This man popularized the LN genre. They didn't give him enough chance, Haruhi was his sole directorial work there. Who knows what he is capable of? Indeed Takemoto made a better Haruhi with Disappearance but Takemoto is uh, uh, he's dead. Who else is suited to take the mantle of making the big hitters? How about his idol ideas? Idol anime do very well these days, just look at Zombieland Saga. The amount of profit an idol anime will bring in will easily surpass the donations.

Attached: 1468281376391.jpg (400x424, 27K)

that's cruel user

If he didn't want to experience such pain, maybe he should have thought about that before incinerating a studio because a brain fart told him they were stealing his hitherto unpublished LN.

Not going to happen with Yamada still alive.

So this is Kyoani's audience. You make me feel good about myself boy.

Nobody wants Yamakan around. He burns every bridge he's ever offered.

>his own studio kicked him out
He's a laughing stock at this point.

How much money would they need to hire a necromancer?

Naw man, I just enjoy anime in general. Studios are like family. We can make kyoanus jokes all day, but the moment some fucker hurts one of them at this level, we militarise.

1,000 GP in diamonds for Raise Dead. Given that it's been 11 days since the incident, you'll need at least an 11th-level caster to cast the spell. Depending on how many spell slots they have, you either need increasingly higher-levelled casters with every day that passes, or a few dozen such 11th-level casters to cast the spell within the same day. A fa/tg/uy can probably tell you the exact cost of those services.

Tell that to all the artists who struggle with colour theory.

dont forget that there permanently scared if they do survive so now they have to live with people giving them weird looks and probably wont wanna work with them or be around them

Using 3DCG for anything besides reference material is shit.
The vast majority of VEG's indoor bg art is pretty fucking hideous.

To be fair, audiophiles know very little about audio themselves.

A lot of the people out of hospital are already back at work. Never underestimate the power of defiance. Are you going to let some nutjob that burned half your friends to death dictate the rest of your life to you?

>I think they'll be just fire
I think so too.

Are these deaths just inferences, of has there been a batch of confirmations that I'm unaware of?
Last I heard Miku Kadowaki was safe.

it's not that easy user.

It's never that easy, but it's also not as open and shut as 'well this is my life now' for a lot of people.

>Normally the doors were locked, but that day they were open
i think i read somewhere that he had been planning this for some time

Have you seen A Silent Voice, user? Sure we might have parts of us that are weird and inconvenience others. Others might look at us weirdly and because of it, and who can blame them. We're weird.
Being weird doesn't have to be a death sentence. You just tend to connect with other weird people.

>Are these deaths just inferences, of has there been a batch of confirmations that I'm unaware of?
Of course not.

Aratani hasn't worked at KyoAni for years.

>I'm perfectly okay with people that got burned half to death seeing some comfort.
Yeah but that shouldn't be count in as a normal expenses.

From my own experience insurance pays coverage is bigger for more serious cases.

He has skill in animation but his has a potty mouth.

cope thread

We don't need to add sexual harassment to KyoAni's problems.

user that's just edgy and retarded.

I mean that he will probably be attacked by Japanese police and corrections officers, and will probably spend a long time having to sit in a painful posture, etc.

He may even be restrained to a psychiatric bed 23 hours a day; there was a case of someone dying in Japan not too long ago because of that.

>He may even be restrained to a psychiatric bed 23 hours a day; there was a case of someone dying in Japan not too long ago because of that.
How do you die from that? It obviously can't be healthy to be bound in bed but what exactly is lethal there? Did he bite his tongue and an hero?

What the hell, since when?

theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/13/new-zealand-man-dies-tied-bed-japanese-hospital

Longer write-up here:
shorthand.radionz.co.nz/kelly-savage-restraint-japan/index.html

Probably went into shock after burning his legs like a dumbass.

Japan's a cool place in a lot of ways, but its mental health system is absolutely not one of them. There wasn't a proper term for 'depression' before companies trying to sell antidepressant drugs over there coined one.

People need to stop saying both Ikedas are dead, there's zero confirmation of that.

How many years to train new employees?

Depends on how long it takes to fold them 10,000 times each.

>tfw can't timeskip IRL

We may have to go through the evolution of Kyoani again.

We might go even go back to the awful days of the Clannad art-style era.

That would mean passing through Haruhi again though, and I'm down for that.

Could be worse.

Attached: 93430-air-misuzu-gif.gif (500x281, 986K)

It will be the endless 8 all over again.

A medical institution is offering lifelong treatment for them free of charge.

I think KyoAni will be more than capable of surviving as a company but they lost some key talent that can never be replaced and the likes of which may never come around again, especially Kigami who was a founding member and a 30 year industry veteran who had worked on projects like Akira. Takemoto was one of their strongest directors and he's gone. Ishida's color direction was invaluable. The list goes on. All of them were enormous losses. I want KyoAni to succeed but we have to accept that they will not be the same and may never be as good as they once were. Maybe it will be easier to accept when their next project comes out and they show that they can persevere in spite of what has happened, whenever that may be, but I don't want to be naively optimistic.

They found a light novel entry by someone with the same name as the arsonist

headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190730-00010003-kyt-soci

>KyoAni willl burn 8 times

Kino.

N-no way.... but they told that My Favourite Brand™ would never appropiate the creative talent they themselves lack to become richer.... this can't be, bros.....!

>if you win, we'll animate your LN novel idea
>we'll make millions off the anime
>and you'll get $10,000 compensation

They deserved it.

Without the old guard, kyoani would be forced to change. They need a shake up, a reboot, kyoani has been going downhill and stale since Hyouka.

There was also that one plastic surgeon with controversial views, but he promised to fix their burns for free too.

But I have a feeling that- having lost so many of the people that made their productions distinct- they will only change for the worse and become more generic.

yeah only 70% of their employees are dead or too injured to ever work again
they're fine

The cuck didn't even pass the "final screening process". For all we know, someone posted a better-written story with a similar premise, and his conspiracy theory side kicked in.

You're not particularly good at maths, user.

based even a 10yr can do it

hyouka is bad tho

not him but at least 50% definitely are

I don't have any money to donate but I can invite the widows of the deceased to join my personal harem of japanese milfs.

There were 70 people in the building, some of them not even staff. 35 died, 34 were injured. At least 20 of that 34 have already gone back to work. Four unknown people got away without any injuries.

What is it with doomposters? It's not obviously not a good fucking situation to be in but stop being dishonest about it.

None of what you typed is true

Are the families going to see any of this?

>At least 20 of that 34 have already gone back to work.
I'm curious as to what they would be working on at this juncture. I'm hoping pic related can still be released at some point.
The Gofundme and account explicitly state that it'll be going to the victims and their families.

Attached: 20-Seiki-Denki-Mokuroku.jpg (1200x630, 210K)

i swear this is a monkeys paw type deal

Sorry, I only know competent individuals. That exclude most people working at Kyoto Animation.

>Sorry, I only know competent individuals.
So do you not know yourself? That must be troubling.

Nice Facebook joke. Fits the Kyoto Animation fandom. Creatively bankrupt to a fault.

All data recovered m8
Post production is done mate, you are going to see denmoku at the latest 2years from now. It is probably going to many of the death staff posthumous work and lengthy in memory of credits.

They were all about training a new generation of bests anyway. Those are terrible losses but I think even worse are the younger generation names we dont know that was lost because of their school being there. They will have to push forward with that specific thing, the animation school, with extreme new vigor to make up for what was taken now. I hope they will train hundreds of new people to make up for the tens that were stolen. Lives lost can never be replaced of course and none are more or less valuable at this point the pain is all the same. But what we can do is decide how to move forward. Theyre getting a lot of support in these trying times and signaling that they intend to keep moving forward so I believe KyoAni will find a way.

Mods on Yea Forums are Kyoani drones, much like mods on Yea Forums are Nintendrones.

>Mods on Yea Forums are Kyoani drones

Man, between this and banning Pepe shit, the Yea Forums mods are alright sometimes.

Hello, r/anime. How are you doing? Did you update Adobe Aftereffects to add some more Instagram filters to your show?

>kyoani haters are console warriors
No surprises there

>not liking meme cancer
>reddit

You could work in a movie theater with all that projection. Go do that, faggot, and stop bothering us.

>update Adobe Aftereffects to add some more Instagram filters to your show
Very related to KyoAni

Uh no cos anime requires quite alot of artists and directors unlike automated investment banking for Cantor Fitzgerald after 9/11

Proud to have donated to them. Years later, when rewatching VEG with my grandchildren i`ll be able to tell them i stood by KyoAni side at their hardest moment.

>bitching about pepe getting banned like if it's a bad thing
>reddit thread header
Nigger you better get the fuck back to that place, frogposting is fucking cancer at this point that even normalfags use it unironically.

I'm just happy people in the government are trying to pass a tax relief for the international donations, once they pass I can drop a few hundred bucks.

>It's a KyoAni finds a way again episode
Deal with it

All the donations is going to make a much more dedicated fanbase I'd assume - you want to see something succeed when you've willingly put your own money towards it

I assume there are going to be a lot of new fans from people watching the work of those who died as well. Although it's macabre, that sort of thing happens with musicians and other artists.

The arsonist really did get his shit plagiarized by kyoani however this fact might be hidden to the public because that's the japan way.

I'm am not condoning what he did but at least I know it's not without reason.

So many mentally ill people on Yea Forums

>So many mentally ill people
KyoAni's fanbase they want to bank off of

Sadly there is a little truth to this but i believe Takase will save them. Evergarden is their best looking anime with their best character designs. They could also call back some veterans. Kigami and his creativity is the real loss.

What's his LN called they ripped off from in I assume Hibike Euphonium

>What's his LN called
Barisaku

Isn't Kyoani still in a better situation than all these extremely small studios that are just scraping by? If I consider this, I don't think Kyoani will die at all. At worst they turn into one of these small studios.

Yeah who cares if all the talented animators are dead, at least the shareholders go to line their pockets.

>this fact might be hidden to the public because that's the japan way.

the public in Japan already knows the arsonists motive. the big question will investigation push into deep territory because Interpol are now involved in this investigation as well.

And where's your source?
Stop talking out of your ass and fuck off

Fuck off. It's literally the opposite.

It's the fear that something essential to KyoAni died in the fire since both vets and new blood were affected.
I fear the colorist's demise for instance might have unexpected consequences, considering her family background.

>interpol is involved
Another sourceless rumor.

Could be 10 or 15 years.

>they deserved to burn for offering people a service
Fuck you, no one is forcing them to agree. I wish i could write just to give them a submission.

>we'll make millions off the anime
Not really. More like barely make up what it costs to make the anime.

>At worst they turn into one of these small studios.
I doubt they'll be ever considered as "small studio", even after the incident, Kyoani still has more than 100 employees, 3 studios, a rich catalog, and some really good talent still available.

Kyoani will most likely keep producing high quality anime, but it'll take more time than before, and they'll do less works at the same time. You have to consider than before the arson, Kyoani was living one of their most productive times of their history, working even at 4 or 5 series at the same time (Free, VEG, Hibike, Baja, Electric Catalog and maybe, Maid Dragon S2). So, I doubt that even after this disaster they won't have at least the enough man power to produce one series.

I guess they'll do that: produce a single series with the highest quality possible, using all the workforce available at the studio.

>Another sourceless rumor.
I wish, the nips are starting to get very paranoid about the outcome of Kyoani future and where everything had happen before the fires.

Why would Interpol be involved? Is there any source for this whatsoever?

>Mods on Yea Forums are Kyoani drones,
No. Most of your autistic spam is still up in this thread so that can't be right.

They are NiggerTranny drones though. Second you say anything negative about studio Trigger you get banned. They abuse their power and selectively moderate.

Attached: 238234892495845.png (1164x755, 161K)

inb4 ban

This is really unfair, i waited years to see them get to this point and they shouldn't be dealing with this. They were an absolute powerhouse in the industry. I hope they get the best freelancer support for their upcoming works.

>Chiyoko Ueno
>Tomoe Aratani
The fuck? They left KyoAni. They didn't die.

That ban should have been for trolling outside of Yea Forums, not racism, you dumb nigger.

>Second you say anything negative about studio Trigger you get banned.
Okay, I don't know exactly what I've said, but I definitely used the explicit phrase "triggershit" multiple times within the past 24 hours so that can't be true.

They specifically ban you for calling triggertards niggers or triggerniggers but they never ban you for saying nigger otherwise.

Chiyoko Ueno was still working at Kyoani before the arson, but I don't know if she's fine or not. In fact, that user put just some random names between the already confirmed ones, and those are bullshit.

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=19665

No, "racism" was just their excuse. There's plenty of trolling outside of Yea Forums here but the mods don't do anything.

>There's plenty of trolling outside of Yea Forums here but the mods don't do anything.
Not true, I can think of a number of occasions where that guy screaming about furries in Beastars threads got banned.

>Didnt lose data
>Lost the replaceable bottom feeders aka animators
>Got for it 8 million in donations and Gov is talking about financial aid
Overall the burning was a positive thing for the company, they milk it for all the got. Dont even think victims will get a pie though

They lost half, maybe 60% of their high profile talent tho in all departments

>lose >30-60% of their animators
WAT

>high profile talent
Theyre animators, not some one in a million quants.

So they'll make half as many anime. This is a company that was working on like three movies and two seasons at a time.

This is what he means by selective moderation. Kyoani threads are hardly r just not moderated which allows spammers to make them disgusting.

Just look at this trolling that's still up;
>extremely low quality or possible trolling

>flaming or possibly trolling by replying to himself

>trolling
>extremely low quality

>trolling
>extremely low quality
If someone is this retarded they shouldn't be allowed to post.

>literally khk blatantly trolling
>spamming
>extremely low quality

>off topic
>trolling
>spamming

>more blatant trolling and spam

etc.. the mods are a fucking disgrace

5/10 bait, you messed up the formating and tripled down too much with the calling objective facts trolling

ITT American money autism. "Shareholders", "stocks", "bucks". Frantic about it to the point of panic.

Its very sad. But then I guess if you aren't obsessed, in the US you could die of a preventable disease because your credit card isn't accepted.

Attached: yen.png (259x291, 99K)

There is no conspiracy, Its about reporting. If you don't report post, no mod reads threads all the time to do anything. Trigger niggers are redditors, so they like to downvote everything. In KyoAni threads, cultured people do not argue with retards nor spend time fighting pointless war with shitposts - thus the threads are usually just shitposters alone.

Which also makes the haters/trolls surprised when they realize the silent majority of Yea Forums loves and supports KyoAni, just does not bother to argue with them or particulate in their baits.

What the fuck are you talking about? What "objective facts"? 2/10 damage control, retard kun.

Freelancing, get the fuck out

Hello? I was told this is shit flinging general, did I reach the right number?

Attached: [REAL][HOT]japanese witches.gif (713x402, 1.81M)

>Its about reporting.
Trust me i've tried. I reported that shit ages ago. They take too long and it becomes pretty meaningless when do eventually do something, if they even do.

>If you don't report post, no mod reads threads all the time to do anything.
Rule violating shit should be gone within 2mins or 5 at most. They leave shit up or hours or don't even understand their own rules. They need more or better mods or should just make me one.

No.

This() is an uninformed post and could possibly be trolling to make kyoani fans look retarded.

This() is a subhuman replying to what is likely bait instead of reporting it for being extremely low quality. It's likely the same fucker replying to himself. He's flaming by saying "kyoanus" too.

Are you so fucking stupid that you can't comprehend something simple like this?

kyoanus. There, I said it. Plus if you used fucking google you would notice those posts are factually correct

I agree. I wish we had more mods, and not mods who don't have a fucking clue about Yea Forums.
I'm starting to believe that allowing only Yea Forums pass users to post is the only way. Then you can effectively ban shitposters.

>mods deleted it
Sasuga. He wasn't wrong.

And some of the shitposts he quoted weren't deleted.
The mods are retards.

What the fuck are you talking about you dense retard? Yes, the animators who worked on OPM are not kyoani employees but freelancers. That's obvious to anyone who isn't a total fucking newfag, i'm not denying that. Read this() post again.

>Plus if you used fucking google you would notice those posts are factually correct
Only the second but that's clearly besides the point you illiterate retard.

>yfw next Kyoani anime looks like JC staff in their worst days.

Attached: If that happens Kyoani is really dead..jpg (467x700, 72K)

just waiting for them to go full 3DCG

On top of that the useless fuckers just deleted everything attached to his IP which includes plenty of NON rule violating posts like;
desuarchive.org/a/thread/191352390/#191373109

desuarchive.org/a/thread/191352390/#191372147

They don't give a shit about being fair or doing their job properly. This board has been disgusting due to their gross negligence for a long time and this is just mounting proof.

Attached: WHAT RULE IS BROKEN.png (1370x81, 8K)

Are you new? That's what happens when you get banned.

I was warming up to the mods since moderated shitposting Yea Forumsermins and crossboarders during the fire incident, and then they banned sadpanda.

YAMETEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: RAGEBaremotoRainbow.jpg (800x448, 55K)

Not normally. The fucker specifically chose do it here out of laziness or malice.

Studio 1 had their 3DCG department, so it's unlikely
at least we still have the VEG OVA and movie for some pre-fire kino

KyoAnus has never made a good anime so none of those people are worth knowing

why do you use a trip?
Do you think anyone cares who you are?

Why are you replying to a tripfag? Stop seething about it and learn to filter.

You are one retarded tripfuck.

>none of those people are worth knowing
Like Drill Remover? Fucking faggot.

Didn't answer my question as to why you use it.
Hope you get over your need for attention.

>getting this worked by the existence of a tripfag in 2019
Yikes

Attached: 1558471262255.jpg (640x480, 61K)

Just die.

>Just die.

Attached: 1556777319403.png (190x184, 5K)

Stop enabling him, you're the problem, not some faggot using a trip.

Attached: hyouka how to calm the fuck down.gif (479x270, 1008K)

>VEG OVA is yuribait
that's not good

I really hope most of that donation money goes to the employees and their families, they deserve it far more than the company.

Hatta said he plans on being transparent with how the donations are allocated

What?
twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1075803923401842688?s=09
She was credited in a non KyoAni show.

obsessed

Today tv news images

Attached: untitled.jpg (1226x689, 74K)

Attached: untitled.jpg (1228x691, 70K)

Well she worked in all recent Kyoani projects except Tsurune (even Liz and Blue Bird and the movie of Hibike), but at this point is was for the better that she left Kyoani, she saved herself, but she might wanna come back now. Or at least support them as freelance.

What does it says?

If I recall right it's about the KyoAni's statement about the Aoba Shinji's LN project he sent to them

Attached: untitled.jpg (1228x691, 140K)

They'll have to find a new style, but maybe they can come out of this with something new and exciting.

I'm expecting more collabs from other studios until they get back on their feet.

dude, its a surgeon job to treat people if he wants to do it for free all power to him.

The only insurance that nets you stupid amounts of money is life insurance.

Moe never changes, my friend.

Attached: moeblob.jpg (500x281, 33K)

not understanding the basics of light, ofc they stay NGMI

Why should you coddle unhinged people who have no purpose in society? White countries are full of bleeding heart cucks having to take care of garbage lifeforms in every form.

Not him, but if some people can get a little help with their issues, maybe they can have a place in society. Of course, we aren't going to get anywhere with treating mental health issues when we allow every lonely misfit autist to call himself a woman and refer to himself as "we", but oh well.

Well, it's because people like yourself can still become productive members of society if you only receive some professional help for your mental health issues.

This isn't about me, but at least you tried, shitposter-kun.

>maybe they can have a place in society.
Yes, as dogfood.

>This isn't about me
Literally everyone can be diagnosed with several mental illnesses and sounds like you specifically can be diagnosed with particularly serious ones, so it is also about you.

>Knows what Yea Forums is like

I don't want to murder people for the stupidest reasons. That alone means I'm mentally healthy.

>I don't want to murder people for the stupidest reasons
>Yes, as dogfood.
Choose one. I choose "I don't want to murder people for the stupidest reasons".

>misconstrues my post
You seem to have a bone to pick with me. Are you having a bad day?

Feelings of anger or violent acting out can be related to many different underlying difficulties including depression, anxiety, addictions and other mental health problems. Many individuals can have underlying difficulties with severe low self-esteem, as well as problems with mistrust. Some people may also have a history of past physical, sexual or emotional abuse. There may be many interlocking features that have led someone to develop anger management difficulties.

Thats not much spread over 34 families.

So... The KyoAni worker with his body on fire chasing down the arson, tackling him and punch him on the pavement was a fake story after all, wasn't it?

Well, I ain't feeling angry as you keep insinuating, merely questioning the worth of keeping alive mentally rabid people.

Hasn't been confirmed to be true or false, but that itself means it was probably false.

Wanting to take revenge on all mentally ill people just because one of them burned down a studio sounds pretty angry to me.

Someone did the same when they told him that his art was shit.

Edgy. They clearly had the choice to pushthrough. They could have taken it to court if they felt it was unfair as well.

Is the arsonist dead yet?

Most likely.

I think he woke up.

Based and noosepilled. Day of the rope is coming for him.

It's probably true but chasing the scumbag out of there didn't prevent the fire. Maybe he doesn't want to be named.

That worker if existed is told to be dead.

I want this "American healthcare is expensive" meme to end.
Healthcare is only expensive if you have shit insurance, and good insurance isn't real hard or expensive to get (for instance, my tricare costs around $40). If you are American and can't afford healthcare, you are doing something wrong; either get better at negotiating when getting a job (assuming you have one, and most of the leeches who complain about this shit don't), or do some research and shop around for insurance.

Tricare is a federal program from prior military service you faggot.

what?

The original story was that he chased Aoba on fire, knocked him the fuck out and then melted on the sidewalk.

source please? who reposted this?

It's just what I remember from a week ago.

I wonder what became of those two guys who were in the video with most of their clothes burnt off? I guess they've probably passed away at this point. That was pretty haunting shit, I'll probably see that in my dreams at some point.

From Kyoani's lawyer
Machine translation

>Now that the name and partial address of the suspect has been revealed by the media, it was confirmed that there was an application for the real name that has the same surname and same name, and for the listed address, it matches the partial address reported. The facts were confirmed.

twitter.com/DaisukeP/status/1156328691850366977?s=19

Losing the data sounds like a scam.

>and for the listed address, it matches the partial address reported. The facts were confirmed.
what's the context?

I didn't even think of this. And I donated a good sum of my last paycheck to KyoAni.

Not my emotions again, damn it.

Attached: 1522982372306.jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

The main issue in all this, I think, is that because there was a language barrier when things first broke it was much, much easier for disinfo/hearsay/deliberate falsehoods to be spread.

>can't watch any clips of their shows without wondering whether the people who worked on it died a horrible death

Luckily, I can't read nip fast enough, so unless I'm extremely familiar with the name, I won't know how it's pronounced, so I feel less guilty. I still wish every day that Shinji had spontaneously combusted to death while transporting the gasoline.

The novel submission shit. He did in fact submit one, and it was rejected during the very early stages.

It's basically confirming that Kyoani's editorial KA Esuma Bunko received a novel years ago, by the pen name "Shinji Aoba". But they're trying to confirm now if it's the same person.

what does the fat motherfucker supposedly think they stole?

muh novel. There's no way he would be rejected because it was bad, right? So It must be because they want to steal it! Let's burn the world!!!

So it's a compensation for useless brainwashed tools to make them act braver? Fair enough.

Even if those people died far too soon, I find comfort knowing that their work will forever stand as a monument to their existence.

If you mean what work of KyoAni he thinks is stolen from his novel, nobody knows yet. Some speculation suggests Hibike but that might or might not be accurate.

The novel was almost certainly shit, and seeing how anime is so tropey it probably had some similarities to existing Kyoani projects just by chance.

This is why Hollywood studios will not read unsolicited scripts BTW.

It's going to be tragicomical when it turns out his submission matches a show on the most barebones of levels, but they actually based it on a better-written submission by some other fag.

Who knows? He probably wrote some shitty high school story. Maybe they lifted parts of it, maybe it’s a coincidence.

>be me
>plan to make a cinegrid for KA Bunko Adaptations/CMs
>to showcase their incredible sakuga and because KA Bunk is the best Bunko
>was waiting since in need at least 8
>all this shit happens
now what the fuck do i do?

Attached: ohfuckno.jpg (344x482, 112K)

they stole VEG

Hibike is an adaptation from Takeda Ayano's novel and no one else's.

Just wait a little bit more, I think they'll release a new CM before a new anime. It might be a good way to show fans that they're back.

>TFW it ends up being Tsurune

>he wrote all those gay Shuu monologues

Attached: 1542492517133.jpg (1400x1400, 844K)

cheer up bioretto, they'll manage

>being an esl

Cringe

DO IT AGAIN Shinji Aoba!

Their style will inevitably change, but I feel like everyone saying they'll shake things up and take risks couldn't be more wrong. They'll double down on the in-house light novel adaptations they've been doing these past few years because it's guaranteed to give them high returns.

He still in coma and possibly brain damaged.

Need 8 for a Grid.

>1. Kyoukai no Kanata

>2. Myriad Colors Phantom World

>3. Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions

>4. Free

>5. Tamako Market

>6. Tsurune

>7. Violet Evergarden

Electricity would've been the final one i'd've needed. Apparently physical production materials for that were destroyed. It would've been in early production so their work likely hadn't been scanned digitally yet. FUCK

YES! To studios Deen, Trigger & JC Staff. Would save the industry.

Have they finally released a list of the dead yet?

Unlike kyoani, they produce anime that sell.

He already was.

No. that information is being released by the families of the deceased at their own discretion.
>Apparently physical production materials for that were destroyed. It would've been in early production so their work likely hadn't been scanned digitally yet. FUCK
It was apparently announced a year ago, so I feel like it may have been far along enough for it to be archived. Only time will tell though.

Uhh, dood? People died. Money can't fix that, and besides, the recovered data is what the deceased were working on. I don't think they'll be able to pick up where they left off.

Based.

Hello, Hata here.
What do you think is more cool, a Lamborghini Aventador S or a Ferrari F40? Asking for a friend.

>Their style will inevitably change
Biggest loss on this front was kigami and his iconic effects, though who knows others at the studio may have already learnt a great deal from him. Other than that Takase is their best character designer and i believe she can save them. Evergarden was a masterwork.

>up and take risks
They already do and have done so for fucking years. It took balls and a huge risk to do the opposite of what everyone else in the industry was doing at the time and go independent, invest in their own art department, employ animators on salary etc.. And stuff like Phantom World and Tsurune's sales show just how risky what they do now really is. Anime studios are poor, even the best ones and when something flops as hard as Tsurune did it puts you on thin ice.

>They'll double down on the in-house light novel adaptations they've been doing these past few years because it's guaranteed to give them high returns.
This should absolutely do this. This is exactly what i want them to do.

In other words he might be dead soon.

oh? u mad? they produce cheap fucking shit and sales mean nothing for quality

He’s fine, he’s probably a double leg or foot amputee judging by the pictures we had of him, but he still had his clothes on, so he wasn’t that badly burned.

As long as he doesn't direct.

Oh but he will. Not soon, since he's just done directing two sequel movies. But eventually he will and I have zero issues with that.

So 9.6 million USD can bring 34 people back to life? Awesome!

Evergarden was great though directig wise.

This. People wrongly attribute the faults of the bogus story to the director.

And the director is missing
And the director of the best episode is also missing/dead
And the colorist is missing/dead
And the sfx is missing/dead
And the character Designer... Well I don't know this yet.

>bogus
The story is fine, there is practically nothing wrong with it. It's inoffensive and not especially overly original but of course that triggers people with turbo autism.

Take the Ferrari F40, they are fast and cheaper.

>And the director is missing
didn't we get a conformation for him like with yamada?

stop replying to yourself

>they'll be just fine
Except the ones who are dead. Or critically injured. Or amputated. Or heavily traumatized.

>And the director of the best episode is also missing/dead
>Ogawa
This hurts. Ann episode was the best of last year.

r/anime is better than this place becuase of subhumans like you.

OH my goodness look at this faggot

>Animator Nakahara Hisafumi has confirmed the safety of director Ishihara Tatsuya and animator Ishidate Taichi
Ok my bad
>twitter.com/nagesutemajin86/status/1151768226516221953
I know user... I know

Attached: 1.png (1280x720, 640K)

Any announcement on the joint funeral?

This.
heavy.com/news/2019/07/kyoto-animation-fire/

>According to NHK, several people also suffered heart attacks
>Correction:
>"heart attacks" previously referred to people who were described as in "cardiopulminary arrest" (meaning not breathing/beating heart)
>Since rescue staff/fire fighters cannot pronounce someone dead, they're mentioned in this state until a doctor confirms it.

Sachie Tsuda already had her own private funeral:

>Sachie accumulated more job skills, such as digital painting and creating special effects.
>Her proud parents always looked forward to hearing about her latest project.
>“Sachie was enjoying a fulfilling life,” Tsuda said.
>But Sachie thought about moving back to her parents’ home to take care of her mother after she was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago and was repeatedly hospitalized for treatment.
>Kyoto Animation allows its employees to work from remote locations.
>Sachie obtained a driver’s license to prepare to drive her mother to a hospital. The daughter also saved enough money to buy a car that could accommodate a wheelchair.
>But Yoko died in February last year.
>In February this year, Sachie showed up unannounced at her parents’ home, bringing a sushi lunch for herself and her father.
>“I came back because I may be too busy to visit you during summer and New Year holidays,” she told him.
>Tsuda thought Sachie was concerned that he was now living alone.
>After she finished her sushi, Sachie left with a smile, saying, “I will see you soon.”
>That was the last time Tsuda saw his daughter.
>As he anxiously awaits news about his daughter, Tsuda appears prepared for the worst. He has already made arrangements for a relative to take care of Sachie’s cat.
>“I have been trying very hard not to think about anything,” he said. “I just want to see my daughter as soon as I can.”
asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201907240074.html

Attached: 1564325145773.jpg (1225x689, 67K)

Kill yourself.

Poor guy, lost both his wife and his daughter in 2 years.
She sounded like a great daughter.

"Plays 'Since You've been gone" by Genesis.

There are a lot of people who got introduced to Key thanks to the animes of their works.

I found my waifu, Akiko MInase and started doing everything I could to get as many of her doujins translated because of Kyoani.

SHIT. THIS HURTS MORE THAN THE CANCER AND THE OPERATION.

The only good news is that none of my completed translation bounties are on the panda and all of them are on g.e

Holy yikes this man is having an autistic meltdown. Probably shouldn’t go around calling others subhumans if you can’t control your basic human emotions.

I actually work as a news aggregator and this is one of the single biggest issues there is. There is a massive emphasis on being first and not enough emphasis on being first and *correct*.

I'll give you a good example: Last football season when Cam Newton could barely throw and finally admitted that he was struggling with pain in his shoulder, I wrote that during a post-game press conference he stated that not a day had gone by where he hadn't gotten treatment on his shoulder. Other aggregators picked that up as "Cam stated he hasn't gotten treatment on his shoulder". It's a huge issue, especially considering that aggregate writing is social media-oriented and if you aren't correct, misinformation and things out of their proper context spread very quickly.

Suicide imminent.

Just look how big the suit looks on him, this man is in the saddest possible emotional state.

Fuck. Burying(or cremation, whatever) your wife, then your daughter in quick succession like that. Even if he doesn't off himself, his body might just give out on its own.

I blame how accessible everything is nowadays
Need those catchy clickbait headers to catch the 5 second attention

I just wanna hug this old man. Fuck that is so cruel.

Attached: 1562802135537.jpg (1440x810, 107K)

FUCK Shinji for taking away this man's hopes and dreams.

Not your blog, fuck off.

it was just a marketing stunt to get funding

Glory, KyoAni! We are entertained!

thank you, user

He is unironically the best KyoAni episode director.

Thats VEG ep 7 (except anime made the episode less heartbreaking and grim than novel, which was true heartcrushing and had Oscar a broken man for real)

Attached: EAt-PAVU4AAqicB.jpg (1134x729, 192K)

Right, only one person on the entire planet is good at one specific thing. Nobody else could possible fill their shoes.

Attached: kyoani.jpg (2048x1358, 272K)

Kyoani genga is always beautiful

Attached: Kyoani_genga.jpg (2048x1536, 417K)

Fuck, I feel bad for the old man, I hope he can recover from this.

>not watching anime for specific animators

First Hatta denies that they ever received anything from him. Now KyoAni lawyers admit he sent them manuscript for their "contest" but it didnt get past preliminary selection and they havent shared it with anyone. So what will be next? Will they say that any resemblance to any later KyoAni work is just pure coincidence?

This. Is the studio getting most of that money or are the families of the deceased & injured?

they found a manuscript that didn't make it past the first cut with his name and address- do you really expect them to know off the top of their heads every single person whose sent them manuscripts?

Then Hatta should not say they never received anything from him in the first place. Well, we will know what they stole from him once they reveal some details about the manuscript.

Not everything is a big conspiracy coverup man, Hatta probably just had more important things like the victims to focus on in the beginning.

>the boss reads every piece of toilet paper submitted to the company
Fuck no, that's what you have interns and sub-managers for. If the handwriting looks like shit, you can pretty much toss it straight into the trash(unless they somehow preface it with "I'm sorry for the terrible handwriting, I lost most of my fingers during the war"). If it was sent by email, then you see how lazy/trope-heavy his writing style is, then throw it in the trash. Assume that the big boss may see only one out of ten thousand entries, with each successive stage of the process filtering out the 90% garbage.

KyoAni might have plagiarized his novel after all. (Cryptomnesia?)

>The studio had over 160 employees. They're fine.

This. People are really overstating the impact. A few key people died, but they have many more. A lot of those who died were young and likely still learning their craft, so not an exceptionally difficult task to replace. It's a blow to their operations, but not the studio-killing blow some have made it out to be.

Except their KA Esuma Bunko LN's are authored all by people outside of kyoani - the only originals they've done where they could be implicated in plagiarizing themselves are their original productions like Tamako Market and Munto - which I find highly unlikely.

Wait, what? He's gone? I just re-watched that episode the other day. Goddamn.

35 fucking people died and you absolute babymen are celebrating some useless anime being saved

Ugh, I honestly can't decide which one because I value both quite equally.

I love Shoe

Holy hell, I had hope for KyoAni to bounce back but seeing this I think they really have lost all of their best people. Now I'm depressed again. They'll never reach the heights that they reached before this.

It was literally over a fucking word when Nips fuck and literally magic new words into existance all the fucking time?
Are you serious?
>Fafnir ~ Faf-kun
>DemiHondaMiamotoSuziki ~ Demi

Oh bloo bloo people died, people die horribly all the time, at least they made some nice anime.

Just imagine, in a parrallel universe, the fire happened but all of them escaped unharmed.

Anime this timeline will never witness. Dragon boobs lost forever.

Like tears, in rain.

That's a point not to be taken lightly. If I could at will, I'd just mandela into the next one.

>we will not go quietly into the night...we will not vanish without a fight!

I'm pretty sure he copied that line from the Independence Day film.

w-what?

What are they even going to use the donation money for?

Attached: 1382934995225.gif (500x284, 921K)

>what is a false dichotomy

In a parallel universe, the dumbfuck lit a cigarette while making his way over with the gasoline. Shinji is the only one who deserved to be melted to death.

I want the people to be alive AND the anime to survive. Fuck off and dilate.

Funerary expenses, medical bills, employee paid time off, etc.

Why is Shinji such a shit name?

Anyone who said the arsonist being in coma, and thus would die peacefully is full of shit.

coma isn't some deep sleep, it's a state of being half awake half as sleep. he will not have a full rest and will retain a sense of self awareness and stay miserable as long as he is alive.

Rebuild those they lost

And where did you pull that from your ass?

>coma isn't some deep sleep,
What? A coma can be exactly this. There are some people who have some level of consciousness in a comatose state, but most people don't remember shit from when they were out.

mods need to pin this

quora.com/What-does-it-feel-like-to-be-in-a-coma
that and some user here actually been in coma before.

They have the technology.

How would someone come to such a retarded conclusion. The artstyle didn't look like that because they couldn't do any better, it was because that was stylish at the time.

They say fire leads to rebirth.

yeah... but then they wouldn't have all them donations. You gotta think about these things man.

Yes, for phoenixes and plants that are native to Australia. Also maybe pine trees.

BTW, phoenix is such an annoying word to try and spell by sounding it out.

You do know a skilled artist is able to study and adapt any style, right? A minimum requirement to be a proffessional animator is being able to stick to the character design, and KyoAni animators are above your average animators. You're making way too big a deal of this.

Attached: 1507568648925.png (280x276, 73K)

The donations don't even begin to cover the loss of lives.

I had to leave Yea Forums for a while after the fire. Too sad.
Who died? Who didn't?

He wouldn't have been restrained if he weren't a threat to himself or others. Even in Freedomland you'll be restrained and heavily sedated if you're having a manic episode or threaten self harm/harm to others in a mental hospital.

That whole thing reeks of "OH HE WAS A GOOD BOY HE WAS AN ANGEL! NEVER WOULDA HURT A SOUL!" thing that comes about whenever someone who was actually a bad person dies. You don't see it often in white culture, but pretty much every fucking nigger in murrika pulls this shit whenever one of them dies. It's like when one of them dies in a nigga moment because they decide to chimp out on a cop and pulls a gun on them while fucked up on drugs and gets shot to death, then the family portrays this hoodrat nigga as some sort of saint who was brutally attacked by the police who racially profiled the poor child who was just innocently bringing flowers over to his grandmother's house.

Boondocks does a great job at showing shit like this that niggers pull. youtube.com/watch?v=gLZA32oHbC4

That's the point of only the building burning.

Things didn't go that way.

13 guys, 21 girls. Mostly young people, aside from the guy who directed Hibikie, Lucky Star and Maid Dragon. They lost a bunch of junior animators and a girl who had arrived for the first time that day to do voice auditioning.

Of course they didn't go that way. Does the concept of a parallel universe escape you? Am I talking to a retard here?

Thanks, user.

>aside from the guy who directed Hibikie, Lucky Star and Maid Dragon
Geez. Nothing I care about, but that's quite a loss.

>and a girl who had arrived for the first time that day to do voice auditioning.
That's even worse, though. Fuck off, life, that's not okay.

Ice Cream.

OK, so instead, he sets himself on fire, runs in covered in flames, and everyone gets to make their escape, but the building burns down, much slower this time.

Hey, you never know. I've seen stupider shit than that.

I can't believe Chitose is fucking dead.

Attached: Karasuma.Chitose.(Girlish.Number).full.2034912.jpg (310x841, 176K)

>hibike
Ishihara is alive.

Don't do that. Don't give me hope.

Shoji Gatoh posted that Ishihara was fine on his Twitter

So who did die?

Do your own homework. It's not even difficult to find out what names have been released.

>>We promise that Kyoto Animation will continue to create animation that help people have dreams, hope and impress them.
Aka garbage. Got it. Burn it down again. KyoAni is no more, it's definitely KyoAnus.

Who pooped in your wheatbix?

no matter what you say, Yea Forums would happily dance on their graves if it means they'd get a (you) - some people are genuinely that pathetic. Can't be helped

Attached: 1552042358607.jpg (720x833, 27K)

Hyouka, Tamako and everything afterwards.

Even in tragedies Yea Forums is still awful. I wonder what drives most of you to be genuine shit heads to the core.

Boredom, bad parenting, lack of morals, unemployment. Wait, that's most of the social side of internet!

Feels like you are mocking him when you post that fatass and his comedic outburst, faggot!

I wonder whose cut this is. I really love this scene in Fumoffu.

KyoAni only make shit anime nowadays. Deal with it, this is a fact.

even if that's true, is that really a good reason to laugh at the people who died ? You'd have to be pretty fucked up in the head to think that

Edgy teen hormones. If not, a fucking manchild stuck in the basement.