I just got done with Evangelion

I just got done with Evangelion.
I thought it was just "The popular anime to watch" and never gave it a go through. I'm extremely content with the story animation, and execution of everything, and can't pin any glaring downsides or negative impact it had on me.

I just have no one to talk to about it and a thread wasn't up. So feel free to through your underused memes about it here I guess.

Attached: screen_shot_2019-06-22_at_7.58.10_am.png (2162x1440, 2.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WB9SL-mZtVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice to know you enjoyed it.

I'm proud of you, user.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Did you watch End of Evangelion too?

prepare yourself "people" who shill for Asuka are already on the way to ruin this thread.

Attached: my heart.jpg (253x199, 8K)

Thank you.
I'd like to ask if there is a "set purpose" to half the symbolism shown, or is it like FLCL where there is a reason, but half of it is up to interpretation?

Or is it all just too cool for school and has no set reasoning at all, and was designed just to look nice?

Thanks again.

Of course. 3 minutes in and I'm wondering why Shinji has Stockholm syndrome to a girl who obviously wants his dick, but is too busy being Jail bait.

Following up with end of Evangelion is a must, but aside from that I am happy you found something to watch that you enjoyed user.

I could care less for the waifu war genuinely, and Rei got Fruede turning in his grave, while Asuka was jail bait and mostly horrible to Shinjo for no reason except she had a bad life.

The real waifu? The class rep. Seriously what a cutie pie.

I have watched the End of Evangelion, I was taken aback by how well it improved on an already amazingly well animated show. The stills were 10x better than what I already considered really fucking good. And the animation was 10x better than what I already considered amazingly smooth.

I asked before, but is there any real meaning to the ending? Or is all the symbolism there just to look cool? I don't care either way, I just want to know if everyone stating their "totally 200% without a doubt" theory on what it means is blowing it out their ass cus there is a meaning, or blowing out their ass thinking they're hot shit because there is no set meaning, and it's up to interpretation.

Congratulations OP

youtube.com/watch?v=WB9SL-mZtVY

Who was your favorite character, OP?

Congratulations.

Shinji, Asuka, Rei, Gendo, Toji, Kensuke, Hikari for being best girl.

I usually pick favourite characters based on how much development and genuine character building they go through, but every character comes to mind. So I won't lost off all the ones I can recall by name, but just know I genuinely enjoyed every character to a degree, even the background "literally who"s

Genuinely had me tearing up a tad. It's gay as fuck I know, the Gainax had me for a loop when the slice of life spin off dream sequence bit cut in, I genuinely thought I was having a stroke for at least 2 minutes.

Thanks. The instrumental that plays at the end got me going, I want to state I never skipped the intro. It was too bumping to skip. More or less know the fucking opening by heart and the freeze frame of Unit-01s "real face" is burnt into my retinas.

>I'd like to ask if there is a "set purpose" to half the symbolism shown, or is it like FLCL where there is a reason, but half of it is up to interpretation?
>Or is it all just too cool for school and has no set reasoning at all, and was designed just to look nice?
If you're talking about all the Judeo-Christian references, they were put there just to make the show stand out and have zero meaning behind them.

That's exactly what I'm on about.
And good, thank fuck I'm so sick of seeing 40 minute video essays reading to much into things and I can sleep well knowing it's just there to look cool.

if you want to go into theorys territory there is so much shit out there, you could probably write an essay
the real focus of the show is the internal strugle of the character tho, the rest of things like the fights, the lore, the cool angels are more like and extra, to flavor everything

I'm aware, I'm just not a fan of theory crafting in areas that are CLEARLY designed just to be cool looking. Which is why I'm so mad about people throwing the Christian symbolism as meaning Shinji is literally the next Jesus christ incarnate.

I am a fan in theory crafting the characters internal conflict and how they've gone through with atoning for it, and or their actions at the end that leave more to be desired. Like the whole bit with Shin-Chan the man trying to choke out Jail-Bait German Girl before he stops for no reason.

That's not the only thing of course, I'm just saying as an example that's the type of theory crafting and what not I enjoy, the lore and Angel stuff is fun to look at definitely, and everything with the Eva's seem intentionally blurred, just clear enough you get a good idea, but not 100% so everything is understood. It's solid shit. I'm happy to have watched Evangelion, and I'm only now noticing how much it influenced FLCL, the sounds, the stills, the characters, almost everything feels inspired from Evangelion it's kinda funny. Minus the themes anyway, I'm just talkin about characters here and their design/feel.

I enjoyed hearing the emergency whirr that they use when an attack is coming from Evangelion in FLCL as well, same cut and paste sound effect.

>but is there any real meaning to the ending? Or is all the symbolism there just to look cool? I don't care either way, I just want to know if everyone stating their "totally 200% without a doubt" theory on what it means is blowing it out their ass cus there is a meaning, or blowing out their ass thinking they're hot shit because there is no set meaning, and it's up to interpretation.
nothing is set in stones because eva leave things unexplained on purpuse, but the more accepted explanation of the ending (and someone will shit on me for got it wrong) is that shinji rejected instrumentality asuka follows him (adan and eva reference)
shinji see rei because that is just a left over of the god rei, she can also be seen in the show
shinji then strangles asuka because he wasnt sure if that was reality or just another part of instrumentality and the "how disgusting" has so many interpretations that its just better leave it as her saying what he throught at that moment

Just ignore the sjw sites that give the yikes of cringey reviews.

Who's best girl, OP?

>but is there any real meaning to the ending
I don't know do we have a technocratic elite who are trying to return man to the monad by way of gadgets? Or really was it just a love letter to otaku to get out of the fucking house.
Maybe a little of both. My point is that I have grown older, and maybe a bit wiser, this series continues to give me things to think about.

Attached: The_SEELE_Logo.png (820x680, 198K)

I already did, I don't believe in "reviews" of most things since 90% of what people say have no substance, some out there are good, but I always give the subject a go through to draw my own conclusions.

I'd be inclined to agree somewhat because that's the nature of how everything is set up, but as is with how it's designed I have my own conclusions and you have yours. And both are next to equally valid because of how it's designed.

All in all thank you everyone for the small thread, I enjoyed talking about Eva, but I'm fucking exhausted. I'll probably be back to Jack off over it tomorrow or some shit so I'll see you same guys most likely then since we're all no-lifeing it out here.

Thanks again everyone genuinely. OP out. Oh and one more thing.

Hikari. Class rep = best girl.

>Who's best girl, OP?
>The real waifu? The class rep. Seriously what a cutie pie.
he allredy answered, a safe bet if you ask me

anyway OP, did you watch some analisys? there are some good ones like the demolition_d videos

>All in all thank you everyone for the small thread, I enjoyed talking about Eva, but I'm fucking exhausted.
i have had so many discussions about eva that now its something that i really enjoy

I haven't. I didn't want to be spoiled, but I gave a few a go through after the fact.

I haven't seen Demo D's, and I'll be sure to look into it after I get some rest. Thanks for the suggestion.

if you talk spanish i think the best anylisys so far is of dayoscipt

Attached: Evangelion Expert 2.jpg (480x294, 16K)

Nice thread

>If you're talking about all the Judeo-Christian references, they were put there just to make the show stand out and have zero meaning behind them.
Just like everything else that seems deep and meaningful about it. It's a lot less interesting when you realize there's no message, no moral, no insight, and in the end, not even a self-consistent, complete story or setting, it was all just written scene by scene to make you feel things, without worrying about what it all added up to.

Great storytelling leaves you with something more than the experience of the story, builds you up, makes you stronger. This ain't it. This is "Nutritious-Meal-Flavor Doritos".

so... who is best girl???

>It's a lot less interesting when you realize there's no message, no moral, no insight, and in the end, not even a self-consistent, complete story or setting, it was all just written scene by scene to make you feel things, without worrying about what it all added up to.
How can one person be so wrong about so many things?

Get a load of this guy

I thought it was good. Overhyped but good. Enjoyable to watch, interesting to see the characters develop in their own respective ways, nice to see an anime with symbolism, and most of all I wwas glad it wasnt like most anime where the MC overcomes everything, saves the girl and beats the badguy to save everyone and lives happily ever after till next season. Everyones story line ended how they deserved it to, backs were stabbed,people ran away, it was an incredibly human anime despite being about space monsters

i assume you're talking about the gnostic and qabalistic imagery, and it's used with an obvious meaning as it relates to those belief systems, but in the context of the show its used to provided a spiritual and occultist parallel to the show's core message.

separate from that is the show's symbolism which has explicit and abstract meaning depending on what you're talking about.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Attached: 1564258746866.png (1440x1080, 1016K)