Is it true that the Pokemon S&M Anime is actually a step up from all previous Pokemon series and maybe even worth...

Is it true that the Pokemon S&M Anime is actually a step up from all previous Pokemon series and maybe even worth watching?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1600x900, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3JpmScfGDtU
sakugabooru.com/post?tags=pokemon_sun_&_moon
youtu.be/AMz7nncqMvk?t=69
youtube.com/watch?v=pCUVq_8VdWo
dogasu.bulbagarden.net/movies/pm_lord_unknown_tower_entei/lord_unknown_tower_entei_shudou_takeshi_departure.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, it's the greatest season of the anime. It's better than OS and will be firmly established once Ash wins the league. (Don't let naysayers and goalpost movers tell you otherwise that it's not a real league so it doesn't count.)

Not really.

>Acerola didn't win the league.
No.

It's actually super fun to watch
Musashi a cute

Attached: 15626045481419048304310319691588.png (1280x720, 914K)

I think it's pretty good. In fact I think it's the best out of the entire series so far. It still has its fillers and what not, but I feel like all of the episodes have good meanings for character development later on in one way or another. Also, team rocket finally stopped following Ash around relentlessly as they have their own goals in this series, other than just capturing Pikachu.

Hello, this is about the Pokemon anime so i have no idea why you're talking about areola

It is heavily disliked in general so it must be amazing.

It's been more than twenty fucking years. Why would you want to watch fucking Pokemon?

For the girls, duh.

studying japanese
the content is not as important to me that i'd care about enabling subtitles

It's very different indeed, but if its a step up or not, its in you.

Attached: EAKSIM6XUAEMQlg.jpg (1200x675, 101K)

Is a more chill SoL serie so don't expect super epic battles or anything like that

Attached: owl tshirt.png (620x572, 440K)

S&M is great because of how it embraces its ridiculousness. Packed full of memes and references, pic related

Attached: 15626045792647706413235127218268.png (1280x720, 851K)

It's good. My favorite series since DP.

Attached: turtonator v steelix.webm (640x360, 2.82M)

what the literal fuck

Jew getting his shekels melted was pretty lulzy

Attached: 2019-07-14_20-06-41.jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

Plumeria is bae

Attached: 15626045656708484447266025961467.png (1280x720, 1008K)

The league is admittedly bad, but other than that the series is the best it's been in years. There are no running gags anymore (apart from Team Rocket's basting off), no robotic happy robots characters (your pic shows that), no repetitive, boring filler.

SM is unironically the best Pokemon series in more than a decade. It completely breaks the mold. If you're going to rewatch Pokemon again, start with SM.

both the Pokemon anime and games are terrible for learning Japanese.

The romanization of Bolt is Boruto. She named her Pikachu Bolt.

The animation is super lively, both in the action and non-action scenes, thanks to advances in the technology.

Even the Rocket blasting off meme is entertaining this time around though because of Kiteruguma, that whole protective-mother dynamic is pretty hilarious at times

No. It's a stupid meme, stupid.

Read that as never. They always get nabbed, and a lot of times it actually serves as an effective way to turn off any potential of an action scene getting good. The only exception was Kiteguruma vs. Pheroache.

>The league is admittedly bad
True, I don't mind 1v1 but with 4 fight in one episode battles are rushed as fuck, but I understand that they didn't want to skip any fight. Guzma vs ilima and Lana vs Mallow were kino tho. Hopefully in the semifinals battles will have the quality I know they can give us, like

Attached: 1554087995007.webm (852x480, 1.11M)

It's the best the anime's been in years, but the original to Johto is still better.

i just want to fuck mallow

>Pokemon S&M

tell me more

Attached: TanoshyHT-458028-Fun_with_Misty_and_May.png (900x548, 523K)

>womb tattoo
How did they get away with this

It's the first time outside of movies that pokemon has been not ass to look at for once. Great if you like pokemon.

Based

>Also, team rocket finally stopped following Ash around relentlessly as they have their own goals in this series, other than just capturing Pikachu.
Based. I remember a lot of my favorite episodes that stuck with me more than the rest (DP and earlier) were when the focus was on TR doing their own thing. Their shtick with wanting Pikachu is fine, but they were always so underutilized.

lolno

Zero plot, shitty art, no battles, it's boring. The first series I've ever dropped.

I just watch it for the Pokemon

Attached: 1552962435217.png (1047x964, 222K)

This series is better to watch by an episode by episode basis compared to the other Pokemon series. It has the most likeable cast of all the Pokemon series imo. Bunch of cool references and some funny gags. The animation is dope.

Other than that, it's been fairly disappointing at times. Whose ever directing the battles, they can't direct for shit. The Arc plots are disappearing as all hell. The Ultra Beast episodes were fairly disappointing for the most part. The Kanuha battles are disappointing.

Characters like Hau and Guzma appeared way too late. Team Skull don't even make much of an appearance as well. Gladion doesn't show up often at all for whatever reason.

Honestly, XYZ has way stronger highlights, but Pokemon SM is better on average than the rest of the Pokemon series.

I reccomend watching SM tho.

I'm assuming league isn't the end though, and final arc before SW/SH will be where the serious shit happens like in Z?

Most of the "serious" stuff in SM was lackluster as fuck.

The whole Necrozma and Aether/Lusamine stuff was a huge letdown.

It has the best battles in the anime yet you're somehow undermining them.

Attached: 1563802041996 (1).webm (640x360, 1.71M)

/vp/ hates it so you know its good.

>GEN 1 POKEMON!!!

Attached: g1.jpg (340x250, 27K)

>best fights
>one pokemon just stands there while the other fires attacks at it and KO's it in 2 hits with beamspam

it literally has Boruto's hair tho

Yeah, that's the joke.

Attached: pikachu v gyarados.webm (640x360, 1.3M)

You do know that's the end of the fight, right retard?

It's funny, well animated, full of charm.
But people get stuck on the MUH ARTSTYLE

Watch the series before judging

Attached: thisiswhatpeakperformancelookslike.png (1280x720, 918K)

it's an excellent season
no other season is worth to watch except maybe OS and Battle Frontier, and the English version of M03 (Japanese was censored)

yeah its better, but you know its not a big accomplishment
old seasons had the same shitty plot in every damn episode

Attached: 1505946763654.gif (461x519, 2.25M)

>English version of M03 (Japanese was censored)
I've never heard of this

It depends, every once in a while they'll surprise me with a very good "serious" episode. I'm sure there are different writers/directors for various episodes and sometimes the stars align

Attached: chanmao.png (1280x720, 574K)

Its not xy so its a step down.

The scriptwriter of the movie originally wrote that Me's (Molly) mother passed away, production changed the movie without telling him. They added post-credits a scene of her mother returning home and in the booklet it said her mother was hospitalized.
So he was upset because it's a fucked up thing to do to kidnap someone's else mother to replace her while yours is still alive.
4kids changed the script to make it so Molly's mother was an archeologist who was also lost to the Unown to add uncertainty.

XY was good until greninja-ash happens

That was some weird shit for sure

>youtube.com/watch?v=3JpmScfGDtU
*cough*

step up*

Attached: lana mom.webm (640x360, 1.24M)

MUH

sakugabooru.com/post?tags=pokemon_sun_&_moon

*cough*
youtu.be/AMz7nncqMvk?t=69

Don't start a war anons, we have enough on vp

Attached: EAD5Ya_U8AAwhii.jpg (728x618, 35K)

>Ash winning the League
Sorry, but hes gonna lose to either Gladion or Ya Boy Guzma

I hope Guzma wins. Hes totally right about how shitty the Alola League is.

Attached: Guzma_anime_SM.png (1366x768, 1.3M)

Mao is adorable

youtube.com/watch?v=pCUVq_8VdWo
*cough*

I wish that too but you and I both know that isn't going to happen

Wow, are all SM battles this boring?

Nice source

>twitterbait the anime

No it's shit.

>The identity of the woman who returned home with Spencer Hale was not revealed in the movie itself, but was confirmed in the screenplay to be Molly's mother. This also acted as one of the reasons why Takeshi Shudō retired from making Pokémon movies after this movie as well as the start of his retirement from any Pokémon anime-related media, as he, upon learning who she was by getting a copy of the screenplay, mentioned that Sonoda had fundamentally misunderstood the point behind his screenplay, stating that had his own mother been alive and he been in Molly's shoes, he would have never abducted another person's mother.
Dogasu's Backpack and Bulbapedia page about the movie

And then there's this faggot

Attached: 1561912338720.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

It's been pretty dull and uneventful, with the occasional good episode. Watch XY instead if you haven't.

dogasu.bulbagarden.net/movies/pm_lord_unknown_tower_entei/lord_unknown_tower_entei_shudou_takeshi_departure.html

No tits
But how she feed her childrens?

Attached: Pokemoms.jpg (1280x1822, 420K)

I think its alot more entertaining than those garbage ass camera angles and CGI backgrounds.

Yeah he's way too edgelord, not that I'd expect anything more from fucking Pokemon though

Another reason the Alola League is a joke
>Plumeria and Kahili compete
>lmao just have them lose in the prelims so all of Ash's friends and Jessie and James make the top 16

I don't even hate SM, but the Alola League is the shittiest League there is. Its like the writers had no actual interest in doing the League but were forced into it. They also waste perfectly good characters like Plumeria, andto a lesser extent Hau.

Yeah but when has any league been good besides Orange

The choreography and the actual action themselves weren't even that good though.

This one is even worse Z Moves are so poorly handled by the anime in general.

People like the Ash vs Sawyer fight so much because it just looks good.

Johto and Sinnoh, for one. Tobias aside, Ash vs Paul was great.

I'd even argue that Kalos isn't even that bad, it just suffers from hype backlash because of Ash's loss. The actual battles Ash has in it look good.
The real criticism for the Kalos League is it was also rushed, with Ash only really getting 2 real battles.

desu Kahili isn't a strong trainer in SM, she is just a golfer.

You want to really say shes not stronger than Lillie or Mallow, or Jessie and James though?

Meanwhile Sat's Mokurou isn't even level 16 lul

it's become an all obscure (and not so obscure) referential comedy that relies so much in memefaces

There's nothing wrong with what you just said

No fucking way, the kitties have to have their match. Ash wins this.

They were also terrible battles aside from Pikachu vs Aegislash and Greninja vs Sceptile.

The pokemon anime is kind of a guilty pleasure for me, and this one of the two series I’ve dropped (the other was BW). I picked it up again just for the league and dropped it again two episodes ago.
It’s shite m8.

No they don't

DP >= XY > OS >= AG > SM > BW

I did not made any kind of judgement

>(the other was BW)
Holy shit BW was such a mess, the Elesa battle still makes me laugh in how bad it was.

The series itself will prove you wrong.

I blame the the Plasma Arc getting aborted

redpill me about it

>Hawlucha vs Weavile
>Talonflame vs Unfeazant
>Pikachu vs Metagross

Top-to-bottom then left-to-right.

Attached: 1419012188465.jpg (3476x2880, 1.44M)

It’s got worse battles, worse team developments, and the villain arcs were disappointing in their execution. Having said that, TR is great in it, and the fillers, though still boring, aren’t as repetitive as in other series. And some episodes like Stoutland’s and Mallow’s Mom’s are absolute gems.
The comedy is a hit and miss, relies too much on visual gags and memefaces, and it’s obvious that they’re trying to compensate flaws in the seasonal plot (or rather, a lack thereof) with the kind of >le references that redditors enjoy. And the bewear gag got stale quite fast.

Also what this guy says: it’s not bad I you want to catch an episode alone or two, but it’s a total pain in the ass to follow week by week.

All shit

All absolute dogshit compared to ash vs paul
Nothing in the series will ever come close to that battle

>it’s not bad I you want to catch an episode alone or two
That's the opposite of what he said.

Johto, Sinnoh, Kalos’ later rounds, some bits of Hoenn. Even the Kanto league has that nostalgia factor going on for it.
Now, on the other hand, we’ve got the miscarriages of a league that are Unova and especially Alola.

I feel like the Dragonite VS Pikachu battle at the Orange League is very underrated

Yeah, but that’s an unfair comparison, especially when you’re comparing individual bouts within their battles against the best full 6v6.
To complete the podium of best battles:
>1. Ash vs Paul
>2. Ash vs Gary
>3. Ash vs Shota

>BW was used as a soft-reboot of sorts
>Ash goes back to being an idiot and making the same mistakes he used to make
>Episode 1 has Pikachu literally get depowered so that he can lose to a starter Snivy
>Rival was a poor-mans Paul that that the writers blatantly lost interest in some time after the midway point of the series
>Iris is "LOL ASH YOU'RE SUCH A KID"
>Plasma arc gets aborted literally right before its going to air because of a natural disaster and its obvious plans were changed because of this
>Ash loses to a guy who was so stupid he thought a full battle was 5 vs 5 and only brought 5 Pokemon to his battle in the League with Ash
>Lots more stuff that I don't remember off the top of my head

Its a shame that it was so bad because it had some decent ideas, like trying to give Ash a larger roster of a rotating team, but the problem there is that 4 of those six team slots will always be filled by Pikachu and the Unova starters. Some like Palpitoad got shafted hard while the starters themselves also never really got enough development. Only Tepig for the trio evolves and only to Pignite.
It also made god use of trying to include rivals for Iris and Cilan(And I admit, I did like Burfundy and Georgia), but Ash's rivals were lacking. Including Bianca(Admittedly a charater I really liked in the games) but only does the surface level of her harater arc from BW since no Cheren or Hilbert/Hilda to help that along.

why is the league just one pokemon?

Attached: primarina z move.webm (640x360, 2.7M)

Because SM

Ash VS Gary was terrible, the storyboarding was a compelte disaster and totally ruined the emotional climax

Iris would have been no worse than Misty if Ash actually fought back. They could have had good banter. Ash just taking it makes him seem like a bitch and Iris like a cunt.

>Ash goes back to being an idiot and making the same mistakes he used to make
Isn't that every new season?

This league has no participation rules (because there are no gyms), so anyone can enter. And as such, everyone in this league has 3 or less mons in their parties. Except for Ash, who doesn’t even have a full team either.

No, and not to the level he was in BW

Attached: swimming.webm (640x360, 2.43M)

This isn’t /padt/ you retard

Not quite, it just seems so because he purposely handicaps himself every start of a series by only carrying Pikachu over. There was a clear progress from OS to DP, then a reboot in BW, then went back to being competent in XY, then he’s not at the same level but not completely rebooted either in SM.

Seething SMfag, dilate.

I guess they took a lesson from yokai watch

Why was the BW and XY league just one Pokémon?

What makes a battle good for you? What makes a battle bad?

As far as choreography and animation go, those were all good. If you wanna say there wasn't much strategy, we can have that conversation, but animation and choreography are still there too.

Isn't flygoon ground type?!!

Sounds like he’s carrying a chip on his shoulder.

Don't worry bro 'cause they're both part Dragon

Like I said this isn’t your autistic circlejerk general

Wait isnt that ground type? Wtf?

Who are you trying to fool here?

THAT'S MY BOY. DON'T LET YOUR TYPE DEFINE YOU

Seethe more.