Who is seeing Kiki tonight?

Who is seeing Kiki tonight?

Attached: 29456845-FFAA-4792-9989-F48297D206FF.jpg (640x517, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zFrzSLa7YRs
fathomevents.com/events/studio-ghibli-fest-2019-kikis-delivery-service
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Was going to make a thread, then I saw yours!
I've got my ticket. It's a better seat than what I had for Whisper of the Heart, so I'm excited. Heading into NYC now.

I've never seen Kiki's Delivery Service before. What should I expect?

Im not american.

It’s a very comfy coming of age film. More of a character study with a fairly episodic plot and not much action but it’s my favorite Ghibli film.

my dick

youtube.com/watch?v=zFrzSLa7YRs

Attached: Untitled.png (1263x700, 857K)

Watched it yesterday at the theater. It was nice to see it on the big screen. Felt some genuine nostalgia.

Every year I want to go but then my social anxiety kicks in

>5 Kiki's per second

Do you love Kiki, Yea Forums?

Should I go to the subbed or the dubbed version

I saw it last night with my little brother and friend

It was great. Wish you were there. Hopefully you me it out next year!

yes im going to see a decades old japanese film at a specific screening at your local fucking theatre you fucking retard, everyone knows what you're talking about

That was wholesome.

Why so angry?

Attached: 1563765463916.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

Personally, I'm all about watching anything in it's original language, but I make exceptions for stuff I watched in english as a kid for nostalgia reasons. I don't think you can go wrong in either case here.

kill yourself Yea Forumsshitter

It's a country-wide fathom event you ding-dong

Unfortunately I work during the Japanese version. So I had to go English. Which is still good

For some reason the theater I go to hasn’t been listing the Ghibli movies for showings. It kind of surprised me because I went there to see The Night is Short last year and they did both days. Should I call them or something?

Well there's only one showing left. Might need to go to another theatre

The AMC site says there is a screening for the 31st but the theater doesn’t list it. This happened during Whisper of the Heart, too.

Oh, that was like the theatre I went to. It's airing, but since they can only sell tickets through fathom they don't list it

I'd go see it if it wasn't dubbed

That was today

I was considering going yesterday, but I don't have the availability to go on weeknights. I'm glad they have subbed showings too, that's nice for those who can make it.

>the born 2 weeks before Kiki's came out

I feel old

Attached: 1553912674187.jpg (325x346, 31K)

what was her fucking problem? she took every opportunity to act like a bitch to glasses boy

She said it herself she had a hard time making friends

I didn't because I live in a bumfuck area out in the middle of nowhere.

Just got back from my theater's screening, kiki is my favorite ghibl film. Really glad I went, it was very enjoyable, I find more things to love every time I see it. Hearing the opening and closing songs while watching it in the theater was awesome, those are two of my all time favorite songs.

Attached: kiki.gif (500x425, 979K)

I'll sad I missed my favorite, Nausica

Not me

planned to go, then forgot. whoops

I unironically get disgusted when I hear that people like the original English dub of Kiki. It's genuinely fucking awful, and I don't get why anybody prefers that bastardization over the actual, original movie.
Phil Hartman's constant ad-libbing is obnoxious as hell, but I guess your typical, ADD riddled American audience can't stand it if somebody's not making a stupid quip every five seconds.
It's a shame, too, because Kiki is one of my favorite Ghibli films. But most people who say they like it actually like the American "reimagining", sometimes even more than the original. So it seems like I'm alone on this.

Attached: Kikis-Delivery-Service1.jpg (3000x1689, 1.73M)

I want to see castle of cagliostro in theater.

Slow af

This Kiki is hideous.

Agreed. Kirsten Dunst’s voice is awfully strident and it actually feels like she’s shouting at times.

I noticed that, too.

Sum up the plot for me real quick will you Yea Forums?
Nothing ever happens...

Didn't this come out a long time ago? Why would it be in Theatres now?

Attached: 1559094309069.jpg (250x250, 5K)

Oh. That's ugly.

fathomevents.com/events/studio-ghibli-fest-2019-kikis-delivery-service