Why do people hate the Tsunade arc so much?

Why do people hate the Tsunade arc so much?

Attached: 3HaJVvr6qfoEFgBir1jy4DeK1wwhDm7oNHzc1b8roaJY8MKWeKzTH6aiThT5eyqzKG1KHy4nNU9gRcThSKuuQRQTWP4P8cH7djZQ (640x640, 48K)

Because it's between two vastly superior arcs

Focused on a terrible character

But Tsunade is the only good female character in the entire series

They don't? It's like the last good arc.

They started reading/watching when the story was already well in the shippuuden part if I had to guess

Had the same question
>The nurutu actually, unironically works hard
>The old guard is jaded as fuck
>Kabuto does actual ninja shit
>Tsunade does actual ninja shit
>Naruto continues to work hard in the face of constant failure and being told by others much stronger than him that he's only getting in the way
>Nurutu actually staves off adversity long enough to fix his problems through ingenuity
>Properly earned Tsunade's respect and was the catalyst for her having to move forward by demonstrating her real fear
>Jiraiya is proud
>Orochimaru actually has to worry about what he'll be able to do for the akatsuki (plot hole?)
>Tsunade shows actual grit out of desperation
>That moment they all pop off at, even though we all know none of them are actually at their full capacity, but they still put on a god damn show

The only stinging issue is the rasengan was obviously going to be as useless and repetitive as every other energy technique and was another step towards DBZ powers

Do they? It was one of my favorites when I was still watching, all the Jiraiya and Naruto stuff is great.

I don't, that arc was better than almost anything from Shippuuden.

shounenfags like "H-HAYAI!!! When did he teleport behind me?!" fights, they don't like superior kaijus

It's definitely often lowballed as subpar in part 1

I rewatched it recently, Tsunade is a cutie and never noticed it til now.

>Orochimaru actually has to worry about what he'll be able to do for the akatsuki (plot hole?)
what do you mean? the only thing I recall regarding him and the akatsuki from that arc is that he realised Naruto shouldn't end up in their hands and so tries to kill him

People hate it? It's the second best arc.

Sasuke Retrieval > Tsunade > Exams

Yeah this all checks out, that's why this arc rocks.

Really?

Attached: 1562521549881.png (600x452, 428K)

The Akatsuki wants the kyuubi, and doesn't have any interest in Naruto as a whole. Orochimaru says this in reference to Naruto completing the rasengan, and maybe not dying? But the kyuubi had nothing to due with the former, and barely anything if at all to do with the latter.

Meant to add, so at best the Akatsuki barely had a concept of even sealing the demons away while Oro was there.

no that's not true

Attached: 1539938328186.png (1360x768, 1.03M)

Attached: 1545288540248.png (1360x768, 595K)

Attached: 1558113229723.png (1360x768, 944K)

He had him dead to rites in the forest of death, but was okay with just screwing up his chakra flow, nothing that would have deterred the Akatsuki. That was also the perfect time, and even with that translation it sounds and looks like learning the rasengan is what tipped the scales.

If only fragments of Kurama's chakra could awaken the Ten Tails, then why go through all that trouble gathering the beasts if just pieces of them would work?

Roughly speaking, the Tsunade arc can be split into 3-4 parts.

1. The part where Naruto learns the Rasengan, which is OKAY, but not very exciting. But I liked it.

2. The part with the endless flashbacks to Tsunade's past and her character background and motivation. This part fucking sucks because Tsunade sucks as a character. I don't like her lmao. Oh noz my boyfriend died ;w; wooz is me

3. Jiraiya + Tsunade + Naruto vs Orochimaru + Kabuto. This fight sucks because Jiraiya is nerfed on purpose JUST so Kishimoto doesn't have to reveal his true power level. Why even have this fight? Might as well not even have Jiraiya in the fight. What a waste.

4. after that fight when it's just more flashbacks and bullshit.

what a faggot

Attached: 1551116508530.jpg (640x480, 34K)

I mean, of course you can have a different opinion. But OP asked why I hate it, and this is why I hate it.

Yeah but this is retconned later on when we found out that the kyuubi won't die even if the host dies.

When naruto dies, kyuubi will just respawn at some point. So really, what's the point of killing Naruto?

To guarantee that the akatsuki are delayed for some time, it'd be years before they could get the kyuubi, whereas they could kidnap naruto at any time

I dunno, I remember really liking it but I haven't watched Naruto since I was a teen

A pitifully low bar

not really, most of the males are one dimensional too.

i remember it being bored, like we just had that sooo cool arc about that guy whit water powers and after it comes the tournament arc right?

I never said any of Kishi’s characters were well written okay?

What are you trying to say, Rajeed? There's two guys with water powers, Zabuza and Kizame. The Tsunade arc happens after we meet Kizame and Itachi, if I recall correctly.