Why is high school the setting for so many anime instead of college/university?

Is it because the target demographic is high schoolers or is it because the creators are people who never grew out of high school?
Or is it because they fetishize high schoolers?

Attached: 1555282593934.jpg (1000x1323, 362K)

All 3

Because it's the established trend and therefore it continues itself.

It's because 15 year old girls are sexier than 25 year old girls.

It's the first one, but also making shows about high schools are easy.

I always thought it's from the notion that the teenage years is the spring/peak of a person's life, making it kind of idealized, and that's why it's always the focus in these shows.

It's a form of escapism; high school was a simpler time. You had fewer responsibilities. Not everyone goes through college but virtually everyone went to high school. You can also cover more ground because it'll be relatable to a larger demographic (people who are currently in school)

Uniforms are easier to deal with over trying to create a varied wardrobe.

Literally the worst days of my life everything after that is every day better

good call user

/thread

How would the authors know how universities work? They're manga authors.

There're stories that would fit better in a University setting, like Kakegurui. In fact, I prefer to imagine that while reading.

Because then you make the manga more accessible to teens. College is harder for them to relate to, and if you do a good college manga it will probably have themes that you can't market to teens anyway.

High school is a safe medium.

the creators didnt guy to college user. They dont know how its like as much as the y do HS

that's a loaded question and you know it rin!

Because in japan once you leave high school your life is basically over. All that's left after that is to watch slave for the next 50 years and then go retire and die alone in an apartment eventually

Girls are expected to be married and have kids by then.

That's a lie.

Gay.

Aren't these two in university?

Attached: Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! - Vol.3 Ch.33 - Kouhai and Bad Drink - 13-01.jpg (474x636, 130K)

Because JK are more appealing than JD hags

Most manga authors didn't go to university, user.

It's not like the U.S.: it's not easy to get into college in Japan, so only a select minority of top students are educated beyond high school.

It's easier to draw on what you've actually experienced.

College anime just make me depressed because i'm in college and not having near as much fun

Attached: 1514794491366.jpg (499x501, 34K)

I mean they are both legal drinkers so they can't really be high schoolers

Basically is because of cultural influence from their past in japan a "girl in age for marriage" is between 15-17 , if i'm correct in japan you can marry with the consense of the parents if you are 16, and due to this "old is spoiled" traditions we have the cake memes.
That adds to these guys having the high schooler fetish probably driven by their loser past, and since the "best love memories" usually are born between 12-15yo , those who lose their train are usually left with nothing but fantasies about it.

Basically its a good plot for purity fags, either Likes JK or JC because of their "pure status of inexperience in love" and that is between 14-17 in japan.
Doesn't chage the fact that girls and boys in japans tends to be sluts from well before those ages.

Don't worry it gets better... a bit

Because in uni the girls are no longer virgins and the loser protagonists are no longer forced to interact with them.

The average anime watcher can't identify with the typical college student because the typical college student has a bunch of relationship experience.

It doesn't. Unless you get in on the social stuff early you will be far more alone in uni than in high school.

Yes.

Attached: 1371450619743.jpg (1053x1070, 700K)

You can be more alone then not having any friends?

This.

Attached: 1543478343966.jpg (640x480, 33K)

Attached: 1520664790127.jpg (900x900, 109K)

To be honest, I had more fun in my highschool years than college years.

College was shit just more alcohol.

I definitely regret not taking more advantage of my highschool years by doing more stupid shit.

Because university is just 18 months of slacking off, part-time work and partying until you spend the last 18 months of Japanese university applying for jobs for when you graduate.
The job application process for all of the top 100 companies in Japan regularly takes over a year, with multiple stages and elimination rounds. A single session for one company can take up to a week. It's why Japanese get such long vacations during their college/university years, because they spend nearly all of it in a suit applying for work somewhere.
t.lived in Japan for 10 years and at one point was dating a Japanese university student.

it's not easy to get into a GOOD university in Japan
but literally everyone goes to university. they're as bad as the US in that regard.

In high school you have a myriad of paths to choose, once you're in college your life is pretty much set.

Because high school is the best time of all duh. College sucks.

Also because teenager girls are more cute and pure compared to college sluts.

I'ven seen more pure girls in college than in high school, most of them had older boyfriends desu

Maybe some ugly girls.

A JD is fine too.

Attached: 1480227769243.jpg (902x1280, 240K)

Daytime anime are watched by actual highschools/middleschoolers/kids

Nighttime anime is watched by NEET otaku that dropped out after highschool and spend all their savings on garbage before they "die of japanese cold" at the age of 38 having decided to stop embarassing their parents for being such a failure

Yes. In university you don't need to talk to anyone at all and nobody gives a single iota of a fuck about you. If you're anything like me you end up spending most of that time in your room, only showing up to hand in assignments and do exams.

It's the most unwarrantedly nostalgia'd part of a person's life, idolized only because personal responsibilities were at a minimum.

This is only the case is anime

Big if true, that shit sounds fucked up.

Then again I go to a party school so I guess that sounds about right

You will be even more depressed in 5 years when you think about all the stuff you didn't get to do while in undergrad

And no one makes anime about grad school, though I guess you can be a 30 year old grad school degenerate if you want

You have to go out of your way to make friends, having to ask to do stuff uninvited was humiliating but it worked

>It's the most unwarrantedly nostalgia'd part of a person's life, idolized only because personal responsibilities were at a minimum.

Not really high school is objectively speaking best time of life. You are only there for 6 hours 5 days a week, on work you need to work at least 40 hours not to mention sometimes overtime etc. In high school you have like 3 months off while working you have only like 2-3 weeks off per year. In high school you get to hang out with cute girls on daily basis on work not so much and it depends, I work office job and there are only old hags here. In school you get to travel around for cheap, we have travel to a lot of different european countries I have not traveled once since I finished high school and that was in like 2012. There are also exchange programs where you can go and live and study in other countries.

I have watched plenty of dorama to know that university setting ends up being the same shit as high school setting 90% of the time

I meant after university. If you havent gotten a social life during your first year you aren't getting one until after you finish.

Because anime/cartoons are for children.

>didn't do much the first year
>kept making new friends in new courses, and friends with roommates

The fact you're forced to board with people makes it far more likely you're going to at least have drinking buddies.

I can see that someone's life tanked hard after 18, but for most people if they think about it highschool wasn't great it's just nostalgia for an idealized youth.

>you're forced to board with people
Not everybody is. Even when you are, you can be autistic about it like me and end up never talking to your roommates and mutually ignoring each other. If you live at home or rent a place you can basically live like a NEET for most of the time.

If you fucked up in highschool and uni chances are you won't have a social life afterwards either. Each stage is progressively more difficult.

It has nothing to do with "tanking hard" or whatever the fuck you call it, if I was in high school now I would have whole summer free but since I'm working I have only 2 weeks off next month.

I don't fucking understand why do people always associate liking high school with "tanking in life" lol some of us just loved it because we had so much free time that we will never get back.

I would rather watch anime and play games all summer like I did in high school than fucking work but if you think otherwise guess they made you into good wageslave then.

>t. old hag

You mean after college when you become a wage slave and work for the landlord/government? lmao

>all these people saying after university it gets a lot harder to make friends
>these people also criticize japan for having mandatory worker drinking parties

Now you understand why japan forces coworkers to be frens