Is Netflix having Eva good or bad for the future of Anime?

Is Netflix having Eva good or bad for the future of Anime?

Attached: Eva.jpg (5676x3725, 1.69M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who cares, even if I'd have bought discs I would've used Sephirotic instead

This.

Good because more kids will an hero

I feel like the newer Attack on titan/My hero generation isn't going to be that obsessed about it.

Someone actually paying for anime is obviously a good thing regardless. The only bad thing about Netflix might become the potential for gaijin pandering in which case the whole thing becomes pointless. These Japanese are pretty resilient to acknowledging the rest of the world exists though so I estimate it as a minor risk.

Meanwhile, before Netflix even got the rights, the Evas are fighting over Gay Paris.

Good thing because I was just gonna pirate it if Netflix didn't buy it. So, this means more money for the industry.

Attached: neon-genesis-evangelion-54ac1f8d2bb19.jpg (1000x1426, 980K)

Ah,special case. There is Paris-Paris and Japan-Paris.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome

Better then another fucking Gundam show

Eva's themes and characters are timeless, if it aired today it would be just as big as it is if not bigger. Only thing holding it back from getting a younger following is the fact that newer generations perceive it as being too old

i also think that eva purists who don't like the admittedly inferior netflix dub are giving some potential new viewers pause, netflix probably should drop the extra money to get the adv dub/fly me to the moon rights and the original subtitles and give viewers the choice of the netflix changes

thats not happening. Netflix doesn't care they have done all they can do in there eys

Attached: eva 14.jpg (1920x1229, 237K)

This

Yes, we are severely lacking in good anime because there is not enough demand. Mainstreaming anime might make it worse if it were good in the first place.
Getting countries outside of Japan to start taking animation seriously again will diversify the industry.
With all the samefaggotry and moe shit in anime right now, I think it would benefit to throw more cultures into the mix. However, it could also harm the industry as time goes on, especially for autists who just want to watch the same show over and over with slight variations.

Nobody cares what "eva purists" think.

>Netflix
>good for anything

Shit because it won't yield a physical release even if it would of been shit.

I like both those Anime and i hated Evagelion. I dont understand why so many people like it

Well, Rebuild was dog shit. Let's see what's happens next.

It's good for a bad future of anime.

That's his point, you are just a brainlet kid.

Good because it makes one of the most foundational pieces of anime the most easily accessible it has ever been.
Unless you're a manchild who can't bear the thought of his formerly niche hobby being accessible to new people, then it's the worst possible thing and a sign that the anime industry will be dead by the end of the year.

incredibly bad
fucking normalfags fuck off