Kaiji

Will there ever be a season 3 bros? The manga doesn't have the same atmosphere as the anime to me

Attached: MV5BMmYwZDA2ZDAtZTk5OS00MWMyLWI2MTItNTI1YTViOGMxNmZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg (1131x1600, 295K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fluentin3months.com/hiragana-vs-katakana/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Never ever. The manga is still great though, just do it

I want the cinematic version!! But fuck it's looking like I'll have to

Eventually yeah probably. I, too, don't like the manga and is waiting for the anime.

4 years

Sauce I can wait 4 years

Kaiji dies

Cunt if true

At least you got 2 seasons

Attached: Anime_never_ever.jpg (1824x1300, 640K)

It’s not true sorry

It's never gonna happen, just read the manga already, it's better than the anime anyways.

Attached: kaiji_ron.png (2011x1417, 2.96M)

Mahjong is evil and I hate that Ryu Ga Gokuto studios put it in nearly all their games and even lock the Amon fight in Judge Eyes/Judgment behind it.

But have you played Minefield Mahjong?

Also it's just one arc, you can always skip it

Attached: kaiji_explode.jpg (833x1200, 437K)

How popular is Mahjong in Japan nowadays among young people? Making an anime about a game a good chunk of your audience doesn't know how to play, that has no cute girls to attract losers with nor a traditionally appealing artstyle, isn't a gamble most animation companies would want to take.
I would love to see more Fukumoto adaptations but the current climate of anime just doesn't make them finantially viable.

Attached: 1548197825806.jpg (812x972, 82K)

Getting season 2 with the Bog was a miracle in itself. We only got it because of the live action movies, The ship has sailed, it's not happening. If we get anything FKMT it will be more Tonegawa.

Minefield Mahjong is a lot simpler than regular Mahjong, quit bitching and read the manga.

As someone who has caught up with the manga, nothing has felt nearly as intense or dramatic as the last few episodes of part 1. Will Kaiji ever reach those heights again?

Fuck this gay earth man. Why can't more people recognize how great kaiji is

The S3 pachinko cutscenes is all that you'll get, watch them on youtube after reading the manga.

it's a fucking shame that the art style turns so many off. I love Fukumoto's style, it's so distinctly his and is crazy expressive.

One can only hope.

n-no some studio will pick it up as a passion project and disregard the money you'll see

from all anime that was recommended to me within 4 months of newfagging here, Kaiji was the only good.
Thank you bros

did Tonegawa even do well?

I find it so bizarre they made a 2 cour SOL spinoff about him

Attached: 1561998234221.jpg (992x792, 304K)

>he can't play mahjong/finds it hard
lmaoing @ your life right now

watch akagi and one outs

For years I desperately cried out for a season 3. Then sometime last year I finally gave in and read the manga. Now I finally understand what they meant, Season 3 really would be kind of hard to adapt. It would LITERALLY be 100% just sitting at a Mahjong table. A lot of people would probably be pretty butthurt, even if it is pretty enjoyable, just because of the structure of the thing. I would love to see more get animated don't get me wrong, but I'm not counting on it. Check out the Tonegawa anime, it was surprisingly fun and funny, just don't go in expecting a Kaiji S3.

>one outs MC is kaiji's VA
i've been thinking about watching that for a while but i have to now

so is akagi

This, also Legendary Gambler Tetsuya

Also, if you don't mind reading. Give Liar Game a look as well, made by the same guy who did One Outs.

Most underrated gambling series

Attached: usogui.png (646x866, 574K)

i just saw that, he also played the antagonist in the live action film Cure too.

Attached: 1539145550421.jpg (590x308, 27K)

Liar Game was great, until the ending anyways

17 step mahjong is my favorite part, honestly. it doesn’t even need an anime. from takashi’s first serious face, to kaiji jumping up and down for the piece, to the betrayal, it’s just completely full of high tier kino entertainment

Would I be able to start reading the manga from where season 2 left off without any issues?
I've a lot on my reading list and I just want to start straight with the new stuff

yeah, you’re fine with skipping the parts that were already adapted

The anime is a highly faithful adaptation of the manga so you won't miss anything. The anime just tends to be a bit slower and doesn't look as good, that's the only difference.

The manga is extremely popular among middle aged salarymen. Not sure about the anime but I thought it was great and am expecting an S2

Honestly. It be kind of hard to adapt. Most of the manga is kind of slice of life. Stuff gets serious at the end with no real set-up. I would still love an adapation

Reminder to read every big FKMT work, especially the Akagi saga.

Attached: 20190709_143608.png (755x567, 502K)

Guys I think Kaiji might be autistic

Attached: A14.png (845x1200, 1.38M)

You're just now figuring that out?

What if I can't into mahjong?

>Manga doesn't have the narrator
>Better
Nah

There is a narrator in the manga. You can just read it in the anime narrator's voice

Attached: 1353081629511.jpg (1200x846, 374K)

The author fucked up making the third arc about a complicated mahjong system desu and I think Madhouse too realized this.

First off, if you don't understand Mahjong you won't understand their game. Second, the game rules are still complex even if you do understand it. Third off, not everyone is hardcore of a fan enough to learn the rules of mahjong just to finish a single arc of manga. Fourth, unlike the Dice or Rock Paper Scissors where the dots/hands are universal and anyone can understand it, Mahjong uses Chinese Kanji pieces so that isolates anyone outside of Japan and China, and actually some Japanese people too who didn't learn Kanji.

It isolates way too many people to be as popular as the previous arc where even if you don't know the rules of the Japanese Dice game or Pachinko you can very quickly learn based off what's happening. And on top of that everyone knows how dice and rock paper scissors work so it left no one out while explaining the rules.

Pretty sure the author himself realized this and was pointing it out in the Tonegawa spin off when he made Saemon object to Tonegawa's Mahjong game idea and say not everyone understands Mahjong but everyone understands rock paper scissors.

To an extent I'd say the same about everyone not knowing poker for the One Poker arc, but at least everyone knows what cards are worth more than the others so it too can be picked up easily.

Hardly the same experience

>some Japanese people too who didn't learn Kanji

What the fuck are you talking about

Riichi mahjong is probably a better experience than the average sexual encounter.

fluentin3months.com/hiragana-vs-katakana/

>Believe it or not, Japanese and English writing have something in common. Excluding kanji which comes from China, Japanese has two native writing styles — hiragana and katakana. Together they're known as kana. In other words, hiragana and katakana are two different ways to write the same thing.

I dated a half Japanese girl who was born in Japan then moved to America. She never learned Kanji and said not everyone knows it there

>if you don't understand Mahjong you won't understand their game

Minefield Mahjong is much easier to understand than normal Mahjong, it's clear Fukumoto made those changes to the game in order to make it easier on the readers.

>It isolates way too many people to be as popular as the previous arc

Perhaps, but that doesn't mean it can't be successful, there are plenty of other anime about Mahjong such as Saki, Akagi, Legendary Gambler Tetsuya, etc, and they seem to do just fine.

True, not everyone can read some obscure kanji that aren't used in the day to day life, but your imaginary gf must have moved when she was a kid, and obviously kids don't know many kanji yet.

Tonegawa is written by one of FKMT's assistants, but he probably has input on it.

Only the season 1 and 2 arch are very good. The others are mediocre at best. It gets tiresome.

Attached: ZXQ12LZ.jpg (531x471, 59K)

I read the Minefield Mahjong arc then the first chapter or two of the one that comes after but the Mahjong wore me out so I stopped reading last year, it felt like Kaiji was being put too high on a pedestal up until he was shown his own grave. Is that arc a good one?