What is it about anime, manga, and light novels that make them way more appealing than western fiction?

What is it about anime, manga, and light novels that make them way more appealing than western fiction?

Attached: du.jpg (1053x672, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qYiYd9RcK5M
youtube.com/watch?v=B5QAV6lOCnQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaizen
youtube.com/watch?v=FmE76l2bZtA
youtube.com/watch?v=tEXurYaIHao
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cute girls

I probably would have been able to give you a clearer answer a decade ago, but at the very least I can tell you most of the answers you'll get in this thread won't get at the core x-factor and will merely be parts of the whole.

The art is better and the stories are more creative.

Escapism.
Western fiction presents crap worlds with MCs getting fucked over.
Japanese fiction has MC gather harem of perfect girls who love him unconditionaly.

Attached: ShinmaiMaounoTestamentBurst_Episode7_Omake_7.gif (540x304, 1.75M)

Lack of social engineering, or rather different social engineering than we are currently experiencing in the west.

You realized Jews originally created all the stuff you are afraid Jews are taking over and ruining, right?

The jews have 0 influence in Japan

Attached: 1544398091829.jpg (807x659, 176K)

please explain
artists anywhere will have the tendency to flow against any status quo or social engineering of their zeitgeist

user, Japanese constitution is still written by US, the country is full of US military bases and all Japanese foreign policy corresponds with US foreign policy 1 to 1. Do you really think they have 0 influence. Don't be naive

>Jews originally created all the stuff
Disgusting conspiracy theory, Jews are a humble group of people who are totally not in control of anything

i'll show you western fiction in a nutshell

“I apologized to my editor,” he said. “Told her that it was this election. It’s ruining me. It’s all I can think about.”

“Was she pissed?” I asked.

He shook his head. “She told me pretty much every book for the spring lineup is getting turned in late. Everyone’s brainsick. Everybody’s a wreck about the election.”

Attached: Rothfuss.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

Majority of western media I've consumed has been more garbage than good, unfortunately. Excluding vidya and movies.

Because western fans of weebshit are generally socially awkward people who don't fit into their own culture. Because of this they adopt something foreign as their interest to try and justify the reason they don't fit in isn't because they're socially retarded but just that they have different interests to the people around them.

different kind of capitalism actually
murrica has the tendency of turning everything they touch into profit making schemes, which cause serious damage to any kind of art form or creative media.

I'm not worried about Jews subverting bagels, usury, the federal reserve, or the Holocaust.

Go back to Yea Forums

As far as literature goes, in school you get forced to read really crappy books simply because they are classic and told that they are the peak of western literature while being forced to overanalyze every sentence and or bullshit an analysis of every sentence.

>harem girls
>perfect
they're more shallow than a rain drop on a sidewalk.

How come one of those shallow girls can make me feel more than countless western novels and shows?

Which one?

And that is plenty for kissless virgins like myself.

Attached: __sawatari_izumi_kore_ga_watashi_no_goshujin_sama__20891b992e5ec216ab7ec2c493b0fd19.jpg (1592x3920, 2.18M)

Overall:The art style is appealing (due to clarity) to autists like me more than what has ever been popular in America. There are also aspects of the Japanese mindset that allows for slightly different stories that I subjectively find appealing.

Relative to other time periods:
Major western media is filled with propagandists pushing a sexist anti male agenda and a racist anti white agenda, (among other things)

They will completely collapse their respective industries sooner or later allowing new actually talented people to take over.

Attached: lord-ell-mallio-case-files-ep-0-pic-2.jpg (1200x675, 93K)

Imagine hating literature because you're too stupid to understand the text

For starters it's beautiful characters. In Hollywood almost all modern actresses and actors and plain ugly or simply bland.

Less politics and wokefaggotry.

erika tho

Attached: 349418728726b8.jpg (850x1202, 127K)

I can understand the text perfectly fine, but expecting middle and high school students to enjoy Shakespeare when the proper medium to even enjoy them is as a play while declaring that they are reading the pinnacle of english literature is only going to make children hate reading.
The same goes for when they have to make entire essays out of a short poem to find meaning that probably wasn't even there.

>Not watching both Western and Eastern cartoons

Attached: WxZ1Nlx.gif (426x341, 513K)

Western fiction, especially the comic industry, is currently being ruined by political actors who hate the medium itself and retarded management that facilitate them. Nip shit is also more creative on average.

Those plays are probably a bastardization of the original intent too:
youtube.com/watch?v=qYiYd9RcK5M

She ruined adventure time

Go back to Yea Forumsmblr, dyke

Attached: worse.webm (640x358, 2.55M)

I could say better art or something but in the end it all boils down to creative freedom

There are no Western cartoons worth watching right now

That doesn’t explain why it’s popular with the same type of people in Japan, though

Different distribution/economic models that incentivize catering to different audiences. Whereas in the US every serialized comic series has to succeed in the mass market on its own merits, in Japan, many manga are packaged together into huge magazines and sold together. This allows more niche series or sleeper hits to survive long enough to become successful, which allows for a much greater variety of series that appeal to different audiences. And anime in japan is really expensive, so it's mostly designed to cater to hardcore niche fanbases that are willing to pay a premium for media they like. Anime are also almost always adaptations of existing source material, and the fact that the manga industry allows for more experimental, niche series to last long enough to find an audience creates a very efficient pipeline for finding the best series to animate, since they can make weird shows knowing that they already have an audience (whereas in the west, every animated series has to get greenlit based on an untested idea that some animator had, meaning that the ideas need to have obvious appeal to the mass market, making them more homogenous). I don't really pay much attention to the light novel industry, but I would imagine it's probably the same sort of thing.

You like the japanese media that you like because they were literally made to appeal to someone exactly like you, whereas most western media is made to appeal to some vague idea of what "everyone" likes.

Mainstream contemporary Western art is almost entirely poisonous, because it's being produced/controlled by people with nothing but contempt and hatred for their audience.

In 1978 an author/critic called John Gardener wrote a good book called "On Moral Fiction", where he pointed out all the trends that people are now waking up to:

>We need to stop excusing mediocre and downright pernicious art, stop 'taking it for what it’s worth' as we take our fast foods, our overpriced cars that are no good, the overpriced houses we spend all our lives fixing, our television programs, our schools thrown up like barricades in the way of young minds, our brainless fat religions, our poisonous air, our incredible cult of sports, and our ritual of fornicating with all pretty or even horse-faced strangers. We would not put up with a debauched king, but in a democracy all of us are kings, and we praise debauchery as pluralism. This book is of course no condemnation of pluralism; but it is true that art is in one sense fascistic: it claims, on good authority, that some things are healthy for individuals and society and some things are not.

Basically this,but weebs will deny it.

>western fiction
Elaborate

Here's another quotation from On Moral Fiction:

>For the most part our artists do not struggle — as artists have traditionally struggled — toward a vision of how things ought to be or what has gone wrong; they do not provide us with the flicker of lightning that shows us where we are. Either they pointlessly waste our time, saying and doing nothing, or they celebrate ugliness and futility, scoffing at good.

When OMF was published it was excoriated by the academic crowd, because people realized that it was largely an attack on Jewish cultural proclivities. (I'm going to get told to go back to /pol/, but there's no way round it. That's how it is.)

Japanese animation, even though it's alien to Western sensibilities in many ways, is like a breath of fresh air after Hollywood, because it's not basically poisonous. It's trying to offer healthy myths to live by, and when it fails, it's through incompetence, not malevolence. Hollywood peddles spiritual poison and does it deliberately.

From the things I've consumed- vidya, manga, shows... I'd say that in general (!), nips just do things with a specific audience in mind, or just fucking do their own thing. They don't try to cater to everyone the way a lot of western stuff does, resulting in a watered-down product. I could be wrong but that's how I perceive it.
It's a different story regarding literature though. Nip literature and western literature feel quite similar, if we exclude LNs.

Attached: 1553205063264.jpg (1920x2163, 1.81M)

lesser nihilism. Western novels, especially the ones that the academe™ shill for you to read, are notorious for being edgy and nihilistic

fiction made by and aimed at westerners

Go ahead and explain farther and try posting something substantial, not some vague bullshit like

Lots of western media have niche appeal as well like literary magzines dedicated to genre fiction and indie comics, they just don't get the same treatment of having season long animated advertisements.

>anime, manga,
Yes
>light novels
Stop right there.

Even the nihilism in Japanese works is better than the nihilism in Western work, and there isn't any less of it.

>What is it about anime, manga, and light novels that make them way more appealing than western fiction?

They combine the themes and treatment of such themes in adult works with the colourfulness of material made for children. When you make something that appeals to adults, to children, to children that want to and can in fact enjoy adult themes, and to adults who don´t mind accepting that colour, humour and animated works still appeal to them... you can only succeed.

Light novels are selling extremely well in the west just because they're dumb fun that focuses more on entertainment than pushing an agenda. If you write a story and try to get it published today (young adult genre is the closest thing to LN in japan), you're forced to write in token diversity characters just to get your story published and your editor will request changes made to your story in order to appeal to a more diverse audience. This basically ruins and restricts the story because then you're not allowed to do anything to the story and these characters that might offend someone. LNs might be schlock but at least it knows it is just cheap entertainment meant to have a fun power fantasy story whereas western fiction tend to be samey and yet preachy high on their own fumes. People just dont want to read that and instead prefer dumb fun you find in LNs.

>Jewish cultural proclivities
in what way is it unique to the Jewish?

it's for fags

This can apply to japanese media as well. Mainstream series like One Piece preach about individualism, going against the norm, anti-government, etc. and that may not be healthy to a population/society that values conformity, collectivism, and normality. It's poisonous in a way.

Dunno, i enjoyed that spic cartoon called Legend Quest and Villainous looks better than what CN is offering right now

Subtlety, less /pol/ shit, and good looking characters.

Because weebshit caters to people with double digit IQ like you

They're better.

About the editors, i think the japanese has almost the same problem. While editos in the west force you token characters/agenda, the editors in japan forces the author to change stuff/add elements that could deviate from the author's vision (for example, Kishimoto was asked to add Sakura and Sasuke in his work)

Another example is the virgin prostitute in Danmachi

Not really.
The only thing the east has is a bit more of liberty to add mature content but nips authors canbe as shit as western authors if not worse.
Right now I was reading Cop Craft and Arifureta LNs and goddamn Arifureta gets boring after they get out of the labyrinth. The WN is a mess and you can easily notice it was written by some teenager.
Meanwhile, Gatoh does a decent job in his writting and the dynamic between their two main characters, while is cliche as fuck, it works.

Exactly. It is all about what people are willing to get pissed over. Put a black character into a Western work and people will start crying about agendas being pushed, but those same people won't get nearly that today about an author pushing a purity agenda like Danmachi's editor did.

Light Novels aren't intellectually challenging. It's a medium for stupid people, myself included. Just like anime. You don't have to think while reading, for example, Konosuba or Overlord.

what about Spice and Wolf?

we can say the same about superhero movies

you have terrible taste in LNs

>an author pushing a purity agenda like Danmachi's editor did
That isn't his agenda though. Every change the Danmachi editor does is cynical otaku pandering to wrench more money out of them. While pretty bad, it's entirely understandable. The agendas found in Western comics is more abhorrent because it's done for incredibly myopic partisan politics that harms the work, both in quality and sales.

are you implying capeshit is intellectually challenging?

So editors make things better? good.
overlord's web novel was shit with ainz kneeling and kissing a noble's feet and wasting a wish on him to only kill him afterwards
Danmachi shat the novel too with the spirit fight asspull that the author insisted went through.

>So editors make things better?
It depends
Do you consider Sakura and Sasuke good elements in Naruto story?

Basically this

>Overlord
The irony, sasuga low iq retard.

Attached: OL.png (1787x203, 122K)

And why do you think adding more diversity to Western works is the editor 's agenda? It's all for the same reason :making more money.

>Western fiction presents crap worlds with MCs getting fucked over.
What about Star Trek.

>the stories are more creative
Eh, i would not say that especially nowadays.

Diversity of stories. In America anything outside of superheroes are weird niche comics you have to hunt around for. Other comic scenes like France or Latin America tend to mostly be funny stuff like condorito or that belhop comic. A lot of western stuff also ends up aping japanese stuff.

But i consume both. I am rewatching X-Files at the moment.

Attached: 1500389988555.jpg (333x333, 31K)

>story ends with her becoming a lesbian

Fucking hell. NotW is one of my fave books.
Years ago i stopped following Pat on social media.
Now i don't doubt he'll do some "woke" or progressive shit in book 3

For me it’s just that anime and manga are more focused on creating an atmosphere while western stuff is more concerned with advancing the plot

>light novels
>appealing

kill yourself

You mean that is ongoing? I agree but that is why you watch older stuff.

I think reading Shakespeare in school should really be presented as more of a challenge than something you should enjoy. I don't think it's fun but I do think it's an important part of the English learning canon. If you can read and understand Shakespeare then you have finally mastered the English language. If you can't, then you have more learning to do.

Cunny

>mfw people say Overlord is trash

Attached: 1564176258407.png (622x656, 316K)

>implying
There's a point when you start to easily guess what the characters are going to say and how they're going to react, their personality based on the design and type of anime they're in, predict how exactly the story and characters' conflicts are going to resolve after seeing only one episode (or just watching PV and reading the synopsis). You even begin to understand about half of the lines they say because anime japanese is extremely limited and doesn't have much variety so they always repeat the same shit over and over again. That's how "creative" it is.

This sound just like Sanderson.

It’s not

Attached: 3cebdb8a4b9e4bb08093ba6bc30431ae.jpg (1280x811, 325K)

they're almost as shallow as some western girls

I can't read but anime has pretty colors

>So editors make things better?
Not always.

>In America anything outside of superheroes are weird niche comics you have to hunt around for
Not really. I just bought Tank Girl and The Goon from my local comic book store.

there is very little propaganda in anime outside of PROCREATE

What are you talking about? There are tons of movies that create atmosphere.

I’m taking about mainstream titles

What about manga? There are tons of manga that doesn't get translated so i would assume that there are at least few with propaganda.

japanese stuff in general

Like what? Capeshit?

Not exclusively, but even just comparing capeshit to shounenshit, shounenshit puts more focus on creating atmosphere. I’m not saying it isn’t something that western media does, I’m just saying that in eastern stuff it tends to be a larger focus

Anime has no equivalent
Manga is more seriously written than comics
LNs are less seriously written and thus have greater variety and less try hard tolkien shit

>Manga is more seriously written than comics
Compared to capeshit? Sure but there other kinda comics too.

No black people, and a country that is essentially what ours would be like without the jew vermin.

yeah but capes make up the bulk of all comic sales here in the states

Jews dont create anything all they do is destroy. Even arabs have invented more things than the shekel tribe.

>only LN are isekais
Light novels are ancient media in Japan you dumbass.

these threads are pointless since most people here have basically no exposure or experience to western media and judge it only by the most popular and mainstream titles

>Manga is more seriously written than comics
bro

i read a lot of old comics when i was young, there is some overlap with manga, but it's more in a story sense, not art/exposition

what niche western stuff are you going to compare anime/manga to then?

What's up with this obsession with Jews? Is this tongue in cheek, or you guys felt for the memes?

Come on, hood movies and blaxploitation are fun.

It's called being a weeaboo.

Weeaboo.

stop reading isekai

>Jews dont create anything
Mel brooks is great comedy director though.

Western literature shit all over Japanese one. By quite huge margin. That also include movies and TV shows. Only thing Japanese do better then west is cartoons and manga. Stalemate in video games.

The person being a weeaboo faggot

How is this isekai?

Naru best girl.

Attached: __maehara_shinobu_narusegawa_naru_otohime_mutsumi_aoyama_motoko_konno_mitsune_and_etc_love_hina__310 (1280x960, 376K)

>Stalemate in video games.
I disagree. While nip vidya is still stale, it still focuses on making videogames to have fun compared to western vydia which started to focus more in politics

Yee we don't really get much western media in Congo go fuck yourself retard

Cultural marxism destroyed the western entertainment industry.

Attached: jews pouring.png (500x757, 132K)

the nips do a lot of weird but cool things in their vidya not all the time but I'd argue their design pushes the medium forward more so than the west which has pretty much stagnated since 2013 when it comes to new ideas

It's unrestrained wish fulfillment. They cater to an audience that is willing to completely suspend disbelief and ignore any parallels to the real world, so they can create all those fantasies that normally stay locked in some corner of the brain. Here's how I see certain genres:

>Dating sims and their adaptations (Da Capo, To Heart, Amagami, etc.)
Hearkening back to some imaginary 70's or 80's fantasy about growing up, falling in love with the girl next door, getting some nondescript job, and having 2 kids and a nice house.

>Boy meets magic girl (Shakugan no Shana, Bleach, etc.)
Life is boring and it's unlikely that you are able to do anything interesting, but what if you suddenly met a beautiful girl who drags you along a whole bunch of fantastic adventures?

>Isekai
Life is boring and it's unlikely that you'll ever achieve anything, but what if you died (because you frequently think about suicide anyway) and ended up in a world where you were the total opposite of you who are now - powerful, rich, attractive - and where any effort you make will receive its reward.

To a guy just going about his daily grind with little prospect of career advancement or romance, all three of those options sound incredibly appealing, and he will happily consume whatever content temporarily numbs the pain of his existence.

Mostlikely your shit taste that can't handle a higher wordcount or missing images.

I think a lot of it is this. Despite Japan being really serious about piracy, they're just loose enough on IP to allow fans to participate and come up with new things. There's more of a "scene" feel to it. They didn't run into much bullshit like the comics code and I think there's just more of a mindset that allows for interaction and healthy serial publications.

Forgot to mention

>CGDCT (Yuru Yuri, Sansha Sanyou, Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka, etc.)
Completely ignore the struggles of reality, and instead live vicariously through cute but sexless, ageless creatures whose life is nothing more than a constant highlight reel of happy and pleasurable experiences.

watch Wakfu.

Maybe it's because a lot of manga authors, animators, etc. drew doujinshi themselves back in the early years of the 80's and 90's, so they were able to convince the executives of the media companies to allow people to create fan work in breach of Japanese copyright law. At the same time there's a much greater variety of content to create doujinshi about; there's not too much you can do with typical western action comics which are highly sanitised anyway.

Jews took over Sony so not really.

I don't think there's any real parallel to anime in the west.
I prefer manga to western comics but part of that is the capeshit hegemony in the west. There are quite a few great french comics.
>LNs
That's just your shit taste. Those are arguably 2 or 3 standard deviations worse than western novels, maybe around the same quality as most YA stuff

Literally this.

Realism isn't as important to japanese writers. And particular for anime, manga etc writers are happier to indulge their audience.

My interest in Japanese fiction moreso than Western fiction is that, you know that it should be for younger audiences yet it has themes not meant for those audiences.

I grew up with Mobile Suit Gundam SEED. Bandai and Sunrise meant for it to be for children, especially because of model kits but I knew that what it had wasn't something you can show on American television.

Western media prefers to spends its time deep in its own ass. Beauty is boring, let's make everything ugly! Idealism is cheesy, let's go full nihilism! We're cowards, so let's hide beneath million layers of irony!

Japanese fiction is naive. Western fiction is cynical.

Then i recommend for you Star Trek. That is mostly idealism.

But didn't japan also had at one point in time kinda cynical phase in 90s?

>all the morons in this thread thinking japanese media has zero political bias and their creators are free of "agendas"
lol

>knew that what it had wasn't something you can show on American television
But they did show it on toonami.

>intellectually challenging
Name one western work that is actually intellectually challenging for someone above 100 Iq

Those are some BEAUTIFUL physical copies. Japan should have an anti digital distribution, pro physical copy movement while they still can, they are faltering since they accepted shit like FGO and mobage.

They're made and sold cheaply in such a way that perpetuates this romanticized image of the artist-author.

Attached: 1550627431550.png (1024x742, 1.1M)

Attached: latest.png (519x248, 207K)

Is there any western media you like?

Anime and manga are just extremely visually appealing, also usually the powers/abilities of the characters and the landscapes are more creative.

Attached: starship-troopers.jpg (1241x2088, 1.24M)

>inb4 its just a sanatorium slice of life

Attached: mann_magic.jpg (608x900, 337K)

based

Modern western media is ugly and poisonous, and straight up promotes immorality. Japanese otaku media, on the other hand, is just innocent escapism and wish fulfillment. So it's no wonder people tend to gravitate towers the latter.

But honestly though, both are equally bad. Art should inspire life. It shouldn't be used to escape from life. You don't live to eat, you eat to live.

Annotations to Finnegan's Wake

Lel

>implying escapism is not immoral

I said intellectually challenging for someone above 100 iq not below

>Art should inspire life
I think i would have killed myself years ago if it wasn't for anime.

Glass Bead Game

the medium has a greater audience in japan which gives them a much broader range in their ability to tell stories

in the west, animated media is restricted to what networks will buy, and that usually means shows for kids and it used to basically be restricted to educational cartoons and superhero comics

it was basically only after network telivision started airing anime and saw it was getting ratings that networks started buying more mature animated western work for things like adult swim etc.

more mature themes in animated media is a relatively new thing for the west and the japanese have had a bigger industry and a bigger depth of media in relation to animation for a longer time, they were making adult centered ultra violent anime since the 80s, the west basically for the longest time just had disney and marvel

Too bad you didn't.

TOS was fun occasionally but I never got into TNG.

There's plenty, but mostly old films.
Favourites (unless I'm forgetting something):
Comic: The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck
Animation: Ratatouille
Series: Hornblower
Film: Paris, Texas

>LN has more variety than western literature
'tard

At least every isekai tries to have a special gimmick instead of dystopian future #46381 where some teenagers need to form the resistance

Kind of telling that most people here seem to have a literary horizon limited to fantasy novels and marvel/disney movies. And after the rightful realization that these are boring and shallow, they for some reason turn to the world of "Summoned To Another World As A Toilet Seat In A Loli Elf Sanatorium Also All My High School Bullies Die". Which is fine and all, but seriously not something you can satisfy that sneering sense of superiority in this thread.

> Mainstream series like One Piece preach about individualism
Bullshit
> that may not be healthy to a population/society that values conformity, collectivism, and normality
Double Bullshit

And you think you know this core x-factor? What if it is just all the parts of the whole, that makes the x-factor?

Manga tends to have a single author and eventually ends with that author. This leads to a singular vision and story. Western comics take and reuse and remix the same heroes over and over with a ton of different authors- which simultaneously gives you a large variety of takes but all those takes are just on the same super heroes in the same genre. This allows manga to tell a much larger variety of story types. Sure endless copycats still exist in Manga, but there's frankly a lot more genres as a whole, so you'll find something that appeals to you. The western comic scene is so static that they'd rather change a superhero's complete identity than make something wholly new. Western comics might give you a deep dive into a single character and may have some great metanarratives that take place due to the decades of history on that single character, but it is all ultimately trapped in the same genres and following the same set of characters. Even the bog standard Shonen genre lends itself to change and experimentation since the themes are all centered around the growth in power of the main character, while a typical western super hero has his set of powers fairly static after the origin story. The best hope I can give for western comics is that stuff like The Walking Dead are growing in popularity which should hopefully lead to some more creator driven stuff.

Creativity, its more open to experimenting, doesnt shy away from pushing new things and doesnt depend of nostalgic like western capeshit
Try reading a new comic, its allways spinoff of other big shit, authors arent allowed to be different and now they need to be PC too

> Do you consider Sakura and Sasuke good elements in Naruto story?
Kinda? It really depends on Kishimoto's initial vision but in Naruto we know today Sasuke and Naruto conflict is the cornerstone.
If you look at it abstractly then the story is about Naruto carrying his idealistic vision though bloody ninja world and Sasuke's (as well as Pain's, Madara's and Obito's) role is to a skeptic and a critic.

Though Kishi hadn't been able to deliver on that conflict. Naruto never proposed a solution.

Naruto not delivering a solution is an accidentally mature take by Kishi if you think about it.

Very good art, stories, and generally no propaganda. Also no "UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ABOUT ISRAEL"

Art design.
Western animation simply looks less attractive.

90% of anime has worse animation than Superjail! though.

Anime isn't really more appealing than western TV and movies, the only reason it can compete is it can depict sci-fi/fantasy settings on a way lower budget than TV shows.
Manga though is way better then euro or us comic books, mostly because the market is way bigger so it's written by a lot of people and for a lot of people and there's always something out there for you

The propaganda is there, but it is geared towards japanese society so it is harder for us to recognize it.

>>Mainstream series like One Piece preach about individualism
>Bullshit
Have you read the manga? The main characters are pirates who are all about freedom and doing what they want, independent from the govenment.
>>that may not be healthy to a population/society that values conformity, collectivism, and normality
>Double Bullshit
I'll use another example, if a society values good work ethic and a strong labor force to support their economy and an author comes along and spreads ideas with their manga saying "fuck working, we don't have to do shit, let's just chill and fap all day", wouldn't you consider than unhealthy?

novels> manga tho?

There are good japanese novels, like Kokoro. (Inb4 plebs call it gay and boring)
The direct comparison doesn't really make sense anyways, thats like saying: "whats better, japanese shit or american shit" when the better move would be to just not eat shit.

japanese culture isnt as cancerous as western cultures when it comes to art and entertainment.
you still have some good artists in the west like lynch and malick who make what they actually want and find interesting (and which are usually pretty good)

That isn't very nice user

>Western fiction presents crap worlds with MCs getting fucked over.
Used to be this.
Nowadays it's even worse than that as they shove agendas down your throat. What bugs me is that pic related prove that westerners can make good serious media if they just stopped shoving shit down your throat for no good reason. Anime is strangely more provocative in some ways than others though... It started off as just being lewd more often, now it's "that type of lewd" that isn't scared of macho or anti-macho. It doesn't care about the isms that much.
And for some reason anime goes on deeper philosophical journeys now in many shows than western shows. Again, that wasn't that much of the case 10 years ago, the west just changed.

Attached: 1543516228891.jpg (1777x735, 136K)

What is your point? Gimmicks are both stupid in japanese entertainment and in western entertainment.

> But didn't japan also had at one point in time kinda cynical phase in 90s?
Thing is Jap's cynicism usually batted against romanticism and idealism. It does not exist as a separate genre and thus does noot look like life is shit.

Quality? Yes due to budger restraints.
Animation style, character design, etc? No. Anime blows it the fuck out.

Face the facts. Look at weeb media vs the garbage on Netflix. It's obvious there's an agenda being pushed down our throats.

That's another factor (and that may change a bit now). It's not tailored for western ideals or culture. It's exotic to us and any arguable propaganda or ideology in it becomes meaningless to us.

Yea definitely no Jewish involvement

Being an accident make it more a weakness than a strengh, if the story went out of his way to tell you about how naruto never found a solution that would be a good quality, but is more kishi just never mention it so is more of a flaw, a hole in the story

Is there also a secret agenda pushing isekai?
Because I really would like to hear that conspiracy theory.

Those are impressive only if you are low iq.

Eastern authors are normal dudes that like reading stories.

Western authors are fucked up social studies shitheads.

Heart of Darkness.
Western works used to really push the boundaries. Some still do, but they're drowned out by rubbish and are harder to find.

>Summoned To Another World As A Toilet Seat In A Loli Elf Sanatorium Also All My High School Bullies Die
Sounds good or at least better than anything done in the west

>promotes immorality
you are posting on Yea Forums, just so you know

That's cheating. It has a clear animu influence.

The agenda is to appeal to losers

I can only say why I got into anime personally. Western animation was mostly comedy with no overarching story and real TV shows in the 90's were mostly sitcoms. Anime scratched many niches such as action, romance, drama, sci fi, that you just couldn't find on TV back then and it usually had an overarching story with a beginning, middle, and (end?).

sadly enough Yea Forums looks like a gathering of saints compared to what you see on the rest of the internet nowadays

it definitely feels like most western artists like the idea of being an artist more than actually making art. being provocative is all they have.

Artstyle.

Anime/manga across the board just looks better than western animation, which all just slightly different flavors of CalArts trash.

every person on this planet has an agenda that they are pushing every time they open their mouths. you do, i do, everyone. media has had messages about politics and morality for hundreds of years. this is not a new thing, you just suddenly became aware of it a couple years ago when you were radicalized by right-wing nationalists on this website

I remember when we used to be a moral cesspit. Why did that change?

Attached: ffdbc6957995141999edbcb7bd456b11.png (720x910, 417K)

fpbp

Attached: neko.jpg (800x869, 324K)

What do you mean user?

Funny that you call other people brainwashed when you are spouting talking points used as a justification for mindlessly forcing political views with absolutely no complexity into every form of enetertainment.

>this is not a new thing, you just suddenly became aware of it a couple years ago when you were radicalized by right-wing nationalists on this website
But even left wingers, that is true left wingers not communist SJWs, hate this ism crap pushed down our throats.
10/10 bait. I replied.

Attached: 1491978784046.png (308x308, 128K)

I agree, I just find it funny how it mirrors real life where any extreme solution is considered villainy and we are stuck with gradual changes to the status quo being seen as the only true solutions. Kishi being unable to square the circle in his own work's philosophy is telling about himself, his work, and what it means for us. Boruto showing society evolve as one closer to IRL is another sign of this. But it all came about because he didn't think too hard on it.

look at twitter, the biggest social media site on the net now yet every third person on it is truly fucking despicable.

>when you were radicalized by right-wing nationalists on this website
Most people inherit their political beliefs from their parents. Websites only serve to reinforce those opinions

the new Blade Runner was shitty hollywood action movie though

Have you noticed that SJW posts are ALWAYS lacking capitals?
Now why is that?

Attached: 1322259941001_.jpg (478x353, 48K)

>What is it about anime, manga, and light novels that make them way more appealing than western fiction?

SOMEONE ONCE TOLD ME THE GRASS WAS MUCH GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE.
AND I PAID A VISIT
WELL IT'S POSSIBLE I MISSED IT
IT SEEMED DIFFERENT YET EXACTLY THE SAME

Attached: macy_gray.jpg (928x523, 96K)

> Have you read the manga? The main characters are pirates who are all about freedom and doing what they want, independent from the govenment.
Yes the main characters are pirate crew who are willing to risk their lives for their nakama. It's all about crew and helping your friends to achieve their goals and dreams. There is a fine line between going against the government and individualism.

> I'll use another example, if a society values good work ethic and a strong labor force to support their economy and an author comes along and spreads ideas with their manga saying "fuck working, we don't have to do shit, let's just chill and fap all day", wouldn't you consider than unhealthy?
Except that is not the main theme of One Piece. Adventures, friends, love, freedom, dreams, courage, healing, acceptance, fulfillment. That's what OP is about. By your definition every story about not living the live of a blue/white collar drone is poisonous for every society ever.

Having stories about exceptional people who go against the norms and win against all odd is THE NORM for every society because no society with it's own set of norms is perfect.
The society where there are no such stories is either a peacefull Utopia or a horrible 1984 abomination.

What is the agenda of anime?

Damn, I guess 80% of the posts on this board are SJWs.

Twitter actively bans anyone who doesn't comply. They created that atmosphere.

>Anime tits

Nice reading comprehension.

Capitals are a symbol of hierarchy, patriarchy and white supremacy

> Boruto showing society evolve as one closer to IRL is another sign of this.
How so? You mean gradual corruption of society against which Kurama's power is useless? Boruto doesn't have this.

>Escapism
This
It's media engineered specifically for losers and loners who think life sucks and feel the need to escape to a different reality

the iyashikei genre is non existent in the west

She could be a flat loli

>Yes the main characters are pirate crew who are willing to risk their lives for their nakama. It's all about crew and helping your friends to achieve their goals and dreams. There is a fine line between going against the government and individualism.

They literally total their military HQ busting out MC's older brother. Government is flat out led by crazy corrupt nobles ruled by a secret conspiracy.

These opposing sides are both insane. If both sides stopped trying to push bullshit for their team and started thinking about ideas for themselves we might get to a place where interesting philosophical themes can be discussed and in doing so create great art that asks good questions about peoples lives. Instead it's invariably "look muh boogeyman" and shoveling shit down everyone's throat at the expense of narrative, aesthetics, and doesn't make me want to think about life at all.

I'm not sure whether you're talking about capeshit or anime here.

Attached: 1563226790496.jpg (1440x1080, 170K)

You clearly haven't seen much if you think Bladerunner is some kind of rare example of a good western movie of the last few years

Literally all media/art is a form of escapism you fucking brainlet

> The agenda is to appeal to losers
Well, winners have their IRL and losers have their imaginary worlds. All is well.
Not to mention that it is losers who pay for winners in Netflix CEO chairs.

"of the seven oligarchs who controlled 50% of Russia's economy during the 1990s, six were Jewish" - the guardian

>He thinks Japanese creators don't have agenda and ideas they push with their shows.
Watch something that isn't a shitty isekai harem or 5mins per episode masturbation shows.

Attached: LainAt20_Getty_PioneerLDC_Ringer.0.jpg (1200x800, 241K)

>They literally total their military HQ busting out MC's older brother.
Do what? Luffy's motivation for saving ace is because he cares about him not because he has a grudge against the navy.

making something about ideas you find interesting isn't pushing an agenda you stupid cunt

In the last few years?
99% of it is trash.

>you haven't seen a good anime!
>posts an image of the most try hard anime ever
lmao

You're the king of brainlets.

And you're next in line for the throne.

light novels suck ass though

Give me an example of an anime that you think has some sort of agenda that they are trying to push down your throat.

I challenge Yea Forums to name 1 manga/anime that isnt for kids or retards

>you must have a low IQ if you don't like my favorite anime
Did I touch a nerve?

>If i distort my perception of everything, everything is an agenda
god i fucking hate people like you

> They literally total their military HQ busting out MC's older brother. Government is flat out led by crazy corrupt nobles ruled by a secret conspiracy.
Which is why I find that
> OP is not healthy to a population/society that values conformity, collectivism, and normality.
approach is weird. Like if society values collectivism then fighting corrupt government is a bad thing. Almost like corrupt government (or any government for that matter) is not a fucking epitome of individualism.

Me and the devil blues

easy

Attached: 1561134528569.jpg (1523x2480, 316K)

more 99% you haven't watched at all you pleb

not him but what directors do you think are remotely good?

> shoveling shit down everyone's throat at the expense of narrative, aesthetics, and doesn't make me want to think about life at all.
I blame S.King and Rowling. I have a feeling that new authors now a day want to be a celebrity first and writer second.

Paprika
Ghost in the Shell
5cm Per Second

There are heaps. The last one was one of the best I'd seen and not that much happened in it. It just used animation to it's best potential.

>watch great japanese fiction
>far better than crap western fiction
>watch great western fiction
>far better than crap japanese fiction
I'm sensing a pattern here, but it's not the one you are implying.

Western storytelling largely relies on conflict.

>winners in Netflix CEO chairs
Lmao there are no Chads there.
Real winners aka Chads live a life of action and pleasure.

Anything made by Tomino
Gatchaman Crowds
Paprika
Psycho Pass
Serial Experiments Lain
5cm per second
Ghost in the shell

Sorry to disappoint you but Japan isn't your braindead apolitical friend.

>Bringing up IQ
Brainlet behavior.

There's no need to distort anything. Sorry that I'm not a JUST TURN UR BRAIN OFF BRO XD fag.

>Real winners aka Chads live a life of action and pleasure.
Something you don't do.

jesus christ, how can someone be this obnoxious

>Something you don't do
Why so angry?
I wasn't implying that i do.

Why do I keep seeing more and more of these not-so-subtle Yea Forumstv/pol/ threads on Yea Forums?

Attached: 1435026229956.jpg (480x480, 28K)

Rick and Morty

>Anything made by Tomino
>Gatchaman Crowds
>Paprika
>Psycho Pass
>Serial Experiments Lain
>5cm per second
>Ghost in the shell
And what is the agenda here exactly?

That's what convinced me that animation shouldn't be kids only. The only Japanese animation I knew that was for kids were Mirmo, B-Daman, Pokemon, and Kinnikuman Nisei.

SEED was awfully violent and it had heart-wrenching moments. And while some would say they're what murdered the budget that could have been used more productively, it got me hooked on Japanese songs.

In any case, anime was more willing to take risks and that's why I care for it more than Western animation.

Not directly, but related genres like Mighty Whitey have existed for a long time. After all, what is the Last Samurai? Guy gets stranded in another world and quickly becomes better at the natives at their own game due to outside knowledge and skills he brings with him.

Attached: MV5BMzkyNzQ1Mzc0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODg3MzUzMw@@._V1_.jpg (1383x2048, 431K)

because they do a better job at being in touch with the timeless quality of myth. goku will get remembered like achilles, not captain america. star wars and the dark knight are the western touchstones that have stuck around so long for this reason

Was he actually better in the movie? or just rose up to their level?

So Yea Forums, Is there anything in western entertainment that you like or are you full blown weeaboo?

Attached: 1451152361836.png (813x585, 249K)

Elfen lied

>SEED was awfully violent and it had heart-wrenching moments.
SEED was the greatest Japanese soap opera of the decade. According to them, at least.

I feel like you faggots complain much more about political agendas being shoved down your throats than it actually happening. In fact I don't remember a single piece western fiction that has shoved their viewpoints down my throat for the last year or so without it being obvious from the get-go. I don't play mainstream games or watch Marvel/Disney movies, so that might be the reason, but with that said you are still greatly inflating something that's not as common as you think.

Attached: 1556587818030.jpg (210x200, 43K)

Chaucer is a hoot:
youtube.com/watch?v=B5QAV6lOCnQ

Watch them and find out or you can go back to jerking off to Miru Tights. Up to you.

He at bare minimum tied their best warrior if not exceeded him. He dual wielded katanas to rek countless other samurai and outlasted everyone in the final battle.

Attached: The-Little-Mermaid.jpg (1200x808, 293K)

cringe

Nah it happens constantly.

You obviously don't watch much western media at all.

did you make a mistake?
iyashikei and isekai are different things entirely

What's the agenda in GITS?

oops misread haha

Shut it down.

>I feel like you faggots complain much more about political agendas being shoved down your throats than it actually happening. In fact I don't remember a single piece western fiction that has shoved their viewpoints down my throat for the last year or so without it being obvious from the get-go.
Have you watched the simpsons lately?
I can still watch the old simpsons just fine btw.

Attached: 1554668165669.png (500x565, 326K)

I've probably watched more movies than you during that time. I just don't watch stuff I know is going to crap. You are just as bad as SJWs who intentionally get offended about minute things. The fact is that a lot of western fiction does not "shove politics down your throat".

they are more politically geared. what I mean is that they try to push agendas, and try to very much promote whatever the author believes. while the japs do this too, it is not central or omnipresent in all aspects of the story. more times than not it can inform the creative process for eastern creators but very rarely is it the most important port. it also has to do with very little to no good writing in terms of stories. most authors in both regions are trash, but more often than not the eastern authors at least might try to do something new rather than just wallow in what has been done before. most novels in the west tend to be very formulaic and reminiscent of the 60's and 70's writing.

This and the backlash against GITS LA for having white actors sealed the deal for me to stop caring about corporate western media.

No, there's western stuff just as good, if not better than Anime, it is however actually harder to find than anime at this point.

Japanese media is willing to cater to the audience's escapism and its myriad of tastes.

Western media expects of you to cater it with your support and its quick to tell you how terrible of a human bean you are if you dont.

*Nico tights
Also, i have watched both Serial experiments lain and ghost in the shell and i don't see the agenda.
Could you say what it is?
Or are you going to call me a brainlet because you don't really have an argument.

what a stupid post

I can only think of a handful US ongoing shows and new movies that don't do it. I certainly wouldn't qualify it with "a lot"

Anime characters are White
This is well known

I don't go to the cinema and don't watch many blockbusters, so I honestly don't see it being that common. Maybe in big Hollywood movies this is the case, but if you even do a little digging you can find many great western movies still coming out often.

>you can find many great western movies still coming out often.
like what

because people started acting like politics were cults. now you cant express a different opinion from someone without being labeled a racist. say what you want about this shithole but most people here understand basic common sense and decency. its a lot of you can say what you want, but I don't have to care or agree and almost everyone here understands that. then you go anywhere else and its fucking lunacy. echo chambers to the nth degree.

Then why can't I stand it?
Why do I watch animu?

Attached: 1562488458578.png (290x290, 173K)

Politics are cults.
And fuck cults.

Capitalise those sentences you lazy nigger.

Attached: I_think_she_caused_it.jpg (480x360, 15K)

It's basically just a case of idiots pandering idiots, and everyone's reading too much into it. There's no great conspiracy controlled by Satanic Overlord, just a bunch of people who want to make money.

What agenda is being pushed down your throat in the movies like Manchester by the Sea, The Killing of a Sacred Deer, Whiplash, Phantom Thread, Lobster, Nightcrawler, The Tree of Life, Prisoners, Enemy?

Killing of a Sacred Deer
Arrival
The Blackcoat's Daughter
The Witch
Birdman
Anomalisa
Amour

A few from the top of my head that I watched recently and are somewhat new.

You're likely not interesting in reading and enjoying anything other than YA, and Japanese YA is more sincere and overt in what it sets out to do compared to its Western counterparts.

>There's no great conspiracy controlled by Satanic Overlord, just a bunch of people who want to make money.
sounds like something a satanic overlord would say

Attached: 1521583219869.jpg (712x540, 69K)

you have pretty fucking low standards

>most people here understand basic common sense and decency
Yeah but we arrived at that from a totally different direction. It's the equivalent of that old pro-gun argument about "an armed society is a polite society". If every single contributor is capable of single-handedly turning things into a shitfest, the group either perishes or learns how to avoid or mitigate those shitfests without resorting to censoring people.

Haven't bothered to watch them because I can't pirate them that easily 2bh.
Piracy has literally exploded the animu industry.

Attached: 1554044182571.gif (300x356, 46K)

Ok.

>Yes the main characters are pirate crew who are willing to risk their lives for their nakama. It's all about crew and helping your friends to achieve their goals and dreams. There is a fine line between going against the government and individualism.
They're putting their ambitions before the government and they all have their own goals like wanting to be the Pirate King, be the strongest swordsman, find the All Blue, it's textbook individualism.
>By your definition every story about not living the live of a blue/white collar drone is poisonous for every society ever.
You took my example at face value. If a story starts spreading ideas that go against the norm, what people already value, the ones that adopt the new ideas will call for change and that change more often than not is met with hostile resistance. When a divide like that is created between the people, it's poisonous for the society as a whole. That's the basic idea.

Not every show is mindless wish fulfillment. The original Gundams touch on humanity's endless cycle of war, seeking authority and the corruption of democratic institutions and the potential for humanity to advance and have true understanding between one another (newtypes) before they're turned into weapons of war by others. That's a shallow take on it compared to LOGH.

based

But i'm a lazy nigger so I don't wanna

>Everyone’s brainsick.

Attached: Nuke California.jpg (710x1024, 48K)

>no great conspiracy controlled by Satanic Overlord
>greed isn't satanic

Attached: 1561786999186.jpg (320x320, 16K)

No, they're usually pretty open about it honestly

>“And we’ve kind of got to tell a lie: we’ll go back into history and there will be black people where, historically, there wouldn’t have been, and we won’t dwell on that. We’ll say, ‘To hell with it, this is the imaginary, better version of the world. By believing in it, we’ll summon it forth.’ And, outside of the fiction, it’s about anyone feeling that they can be involved in this industry as an actor, a director, a writer… It’s hugely important, and it’s not good when we fail on that. We must do better.”

you can find something along these lines for lots of western entertainment nowadays, they don't try to hide it at all.

I posit that this 「SATANIC OVERLORD」you two speak of is an emergent property of the interactions between individual actors creating and consuming entertainment over a finite time span. Half of whom are funded by the NHK, including the both of you.

Sure, but look at what's most popular (outside of the stuff aimed at kids).

Do it nigger.

Attached: 1552186888990.jpg (480x602, 64K)

Is cop craft in english?

Western Fiction never ends.

Western Publishers heavily endorse Retcons to keep the Fiction going, even decades.

It's been said already but it needs to be repeated

No kike influence

They ruin EVERYTHING

Attached: 1233.jpg (327x154, 11K)

What would consider high tier?

Arguably this.
I generally avoid series of animu longer than 50 eps.

$$$$$$

Too many references to pop culture and politics in Western Fiction.

I bet Zoomers today would not recognize Rodney Dangerfield references in Western Fiction, and he used to be referenced a lot in Western Cartoons.

Bright colors

Then don't judge the the medium you barely know anything about.

Greed is also very human.

HUMANS ARE THE TRUE DEVILS

>f/a/gs that don't actually watch/read western fiction other than mainstream shit complain that it's worse than anime
Never change.

Being forced to read literature makes you hate it.

I found my Middle School Books were more memorable to me than my High School Books

This book taught me to never ride in a 2 seater airplane just to visit some shithole in Canada

Attached: 50._UY475_SS475_.jpg (475x475, 26K)

Yea Forums is normie core outside of manga and LN's all they bitch about is Netflix and Marvel as if they are the only alternatives

It's almost like people like to bitch about stuff they know barely anything about.

>Too many references to pop culture
What? Eastern media does this literally all the time.

I hope you aren't the same person who wrote this list

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-28-20-14-30-103_org.mozilla.firefox.png (1080x2160, 193K)

Start with the Greeks

Dune

> Phoneposting
That's even worse. God I hate this board so fucking much.

Attached: konata_here forever.jpg (1600x1200, 177K)

> hey're putting their ambitions before the government
The same government that is composed of corrupt nobles and outright psychos? It's not like OP setting is a communist Utopia with benevolent government.

> If a story starts spreading ideas that go against the norm, what people already value, the ones that adopt the new ideas will call for change and that change more often than not is met with hostile resistance.
Are you saying than japs are bugmen who do no value
> Adventures, friends, love, freedom, dreams, courage, healing, acceptance, fulfillment.

More than that, do you really think that average jap is all about "SERVE THE GOVERNMENT"? Wake up, they have been fucked by their politicians no less than amerifags, slavs and europoors. I'd say you think about China but even there people are not mindless drone. I mean somebody have to rot in those camps right?

Stories like One Piece and by that I mean stories about
> Adventures, friends, love, freedom, dreams, courage, healing, acceptance, fulfillment
are immortal and will persist in any society simple because they are about basics of human condition.

> new ideas will call for change and that change more often than not is met with hostile resistance
Stories and ideas about corrupt government and people pursuing dreams that put them at odds with that government are nothing new. They go hand to hand with any kind of society and government. You have to actively brainwash people if you want those kind of stories to die. But if government have to use brainwashing on their people then what kind "poisonos ideas" are we talking about?

Reading Greek Plays are so boring. Plays were never meant to be read without watching the actual play.

The Ancient Greeks weren't given clay tablets to read the whole play while sitting outside.

Most Japanese/otaku works are unashamedly targeted towards men. It's reminiscent of the old pulp novels (John Carter, Tarzan, Conan, etc.) in the early 20th century, when boys magazines were still a thing. The young male demographic still reads avidly over in Japan as opposed to the west. And that largely does have to do with western artists striving to avoid being solely male-focused. Those who do write for men occupy only unpopular niches (Monster Hunter by Larry Correira is a good example) that don't get the press/backing that most Japanese light novels can achieve.

And the artstyle is simple, relatable, yet also beautiful, which makes it easier both to self-insert and to relate to the characters on the screen, one of the advantages of animation over live action, And the western animation sphere is still firmly targeted towards children and a general audience.

You don't watch western media at all.

>mfw Sound of Music
>mfw the head nun started singing, her voice was like silk
>mfw the guy sings Edelweiss
It hurts not knowing about anything from our generation that has come close

But see We're always fighting our own self destructive tendencies yes.

forgot pic

Attached: oh yeah beautiful.jpg (639x595, 76K)

I live in a dystopian shithole where Yea Forums is blocked by my ISP

>because I can't pirate them that easily 2bh.
What do you mean?

I'm a fucking nerd who reads for fun and I fucking hated Hatchet back in middle school. Something about the prose did not sit well with me.

Stop being actual weeaboos and try new stuff from time to time, it actually enhances the way you appreciate artforms, stop being a closeminded faggot or you will become bitter and eventually will even lose your love for anime.

Attached: 1550528031988.jpg (768x574, 69K)

They are not. Fuck off gook.

was sony mistake not jews influence

>But see
There's more to western media than just Disney you know. Again, you acted as if there's nothing but agenda is western movies, and then outted yourself as someone who has barely see anything from it. And the fact that you don't know how to pirate them shows what a retard you are

What is wrong that list? All those movies are great.

I like mainstream anglo shit up to the 90s. Music, movies, sitcoms, anything really. Modern europe still produces some good movies, not the big ones though. British comedy only went to shit this decade, lots of stuff up to 2010s was good. European literature and history are the best.

It was kinda boring as a survival story but in middle school, I didn't really read much survival fiction at that point in time to be able to compare.

Western media can't give you the same feeling as anime and vice versa.
This is entirely because of cultural differences and the massive difference in languages.
What i'm saying is that dub niggers are completely retarded.

Attached: 1544647546897.gif (128x128, 15K)

Get used to it, no one from gen Z owns a traditional form-factor computer.

Australia?

>Cowboy Bebop
4 wayward souls each running from their past and eventually forced to confront it. Spike himself admits his life as it was, was a brief twilight and he has to confront the truth eventually.
>3 Gatsu No Lion
A bildungsroman about a child overcoming his imagined guilt for something that was out of his control growing up in a broken home. Finding strength in your own identity and the value of relationships.
>Barakamon
Breaking out of perceiving yourself by how others see you and how you think they see you. Becoming your own independent person and creating an Identity.
>Gin no Saji
>FMA B
>Patlabor
>Shouwa Genroku Rakugo
>Monster (pure kino that one)
>Evangelion

The list goes on. There's plenty of popular shows with ideals and morals that aren't surface deep.

>vague bullshit
How is "japanese constitution was written by US" a vague statement? If you think US is run by globalists, by proxy so is Japan.

i like avatar

>I can't pirate them that easily 2bh.
the absolute state of Yea Forums

Attached: 1529446475138.jpg (1507x1350, 699K)

>There's more to western media than just Disney
Not if the execs have their way. Disney would buy up everyone if Iger felt like he could.

You cannot blame people for being disgusted at an industry in specific countries if some of the larger corporations are doing crap like that.
You want me to watch western shit? Delete crap like modern disney. Maybe then I might actually put in some effort to watch something then. Otherwise get fucked. I'm not wasting my time playing roulette with this shit. This shit should be entertainment, not something that is so suffocatingly agenda pushed that I find it cringy and disturbing. It makes me feel like I'm in a fucking orwellian nightmare. I watch TV to escape that. Why rub it in my face in such a way and then complain that I'm not going to bother with this shit no longer? It doesn't make sense. The economic side of it has been replaced with agenda completely by this stage. It's not following the money I think.
I mean even black people are creeped out by the turning of canonically white character into a black character. Nobody would have given two shits had the character been canonically or originally black.

tl;dr I'm not paying money for CIA drivel.

Attached: 1496076730568.jpg (269x211, 8K)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

get dabbed on anime cucks we Yea Forums now

what the tuck

I dare you to post Sneed

UK, I really need to switch my provider

japs just make everything better than westerners , just look how much their cars,bikes,games,tech....etc are superior to everything westerners make, it is time to admit that they're the superior race despite having small penises and being short and weak and ugly

Ouch.

Yea Forums is making fun of us again

Attached: 1494000466862.jpg (598x687, 75K)

I'm sorry, but you have to be a total fucking pleb to like light novels.

sneed is for faggots

seething maskfaggot detected

mask posting is also gay and forced

I can't even remember why I hated it so much, but it was absolutely about how the author wrote more than what he wrote about.

> the only reason it can compete is it can depict sci-fi/fantasy settings on a way lower budget than TV shows.

i don't get this , isn't animating picture and voicing them way more complicated than filming real people, how is it cheaer to make

Japanese media doesn't push the view that whites should wallow in ancestral guilt for crimes the current generation had no part in. I'm not saying ALL western art is like this (you don't even have to go deep, the movie Mandy for example has no anti-white or anti-male messaging), but anything mainstream and corporate will push it heavily. You often see westerners trying to push Japan into the same thing, with "but but WWII warcrimes", but Japan thankfully isn't falling for it. The only way both societies can heal is by moving forward, not by repeatedly tearing open the wounds of the past.

hold on you haven't read any of them I'd bet my last dollar on it

fags like you are why Yea Forums is so bad now.
fuck off to myanimelist or whatever other reddit infested shithole you came from.

>The only way both societies can heal is by moving forward
You'd have a better point if this line wasn't so convenient for the beneficiaries. True enough that human conflict could end tomorrow if everybody forgave everybody else for transgressions no matter how harsh, justified or deserved said transgressions were. But being on the receiving end is still shitty. How do you shake that off?

>japs just make everything better than westerners

No, they don't. They're very good at working away and progressing by a constant stream of small refinements:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaizen

but they're NOT as good at making giant imaginative leaps.

Japanese film-makers and animators aren't better than Walt Disney or D.W.Griffith, but they ARE better than Netflix in 2019.

I don't know what the way to fix the world is (no one does), but I do know that it is not to constantly stoke racial resentment at every turn. American media is deeply invested in making whites feel guilty for the crimes of their ancestors and keeping blacks angry at them.

From the outside it looked like you were doing okay until a bunch of gamblers pissed away everyone's money in 2007.

>American media is deeply invested in making whites feel guilty for the crimes of their ancestors

It's so that people don't forget about them and end up repeating those crimes. That's why.

There's a certain (((group))) of people who benefit heavily by examining and re-examining those old wounds..........................

Japan has better children's toys than westerners. not animu figma stuff, I'm talking about Kabaya, Bandai, Takara, etc...

Open yourself to knowledge

Attached: MalcX.jpg (720x563, 101K)

There's a difference between remembering the past and obsessing over ancestral guilt. We can keep these events in history books and remember them that way without trying to make every white a persronal martyr for colonialism. The ability of history to inform the present is also vastly overrated. The only people who take history seriously are generals. The only history has given us is an awareness that humans will repeat the same mistakes over and over.

Toys are dying. Kids just play with their mom's cell phone until they are old enough for their own.

By ostracizing whites? You are fucking retarded.
And yes, even a single instance of a white person being rejected for a position in a job in favor of someone that isn't white is enough.

>The only history has given us is an awareness that humans will repeat the same mistakes over and over.
That's only cause most humans suck at learning non-experientially, let alone bother to read history in the first place.

sure in the west, because the west has no good toys. except fortnite toys, those are selling well, because zoom zooms only care about fortnite and funko pops

>The same government that is composed of corrupt nobles and outright psychos? It's not like OP setting is a communist Utopia with benevolent government.
Once again you are taking everything at face value. Government being corrupt doesn't matter in this context, if the characters are putting themselves and their ambitions before the state, going against established societal norms, it's individualism, corrupt government or not.
>Are you saying than japs are bugmen who do not value adventures, friends, love, freedom, dreams, courage, healing, acceptance, fulfillment.
No but as a society, the Japanese are undeniably conformist. Individuality isn't valued as much in Japan as it is in the US
>More than that, do you really think that average jap is all about "SERVE THE GOVERNMENT"?
To an extent, yes. We wouldn't be having this argument if I didn't think Japan was a conformist society.
>You have to actively brainwash people if you want those kind of stories to die. But if government have to use brainwashing on their people then what kind "poisonous ideas" are we talking about?
I don't know why you brought up government brainwashing but another poisonous idea could be that people only want to take things from you. This could lead to severe trust issues and cutting off people in your life. Another one is that there is no point in living if you're just going to die and lose everything you ever worked for. It could drive people into depression and kill themselves. "Poisonous ideas" aren't limited to anti-government stuff.

Yea Forums is making fun of us again

Attached: 158590525838.gif (498x278, 1.3M)

we heard you the first time

>identifying as "white" and getting offended when people criticize the historical actions of whites

Attached: 1546204748606.jpg (923x599, 513K)

But even generals fail to truly learn from history, despite their study. They fight the last war they fought and have to learn the current war's lessons from scratch. It's the same Marx is the most lucid examination of economic history of all time and yet a completely garbage guide to future political development.

> I'm going to get told to go back to /pol/
Stay! You're a good Nazi, you know cool stuff. And are interesting to listen to, even if I may disagree about interpretations.

You're an exception though.

People will stop fighting when you start recognizing the good things they did.
>but it was on the backs of slaves
Kill yourself you disingenuous strawman that is probably real.

>It's poisonous in a way.

luffy is part of a nakama though?

what did white people do wrong?

>Nip shit is also more creative on average.
Do I really need to list off all of the boring shit that's airing right now?

Attached: 1563463711419.jpg (499x481, 28K)

It's Americans who are trying to make me buy into the idea that I'm white (and thus ancestrally tainted), not me. White identity /pol/tards are a result of constantly artificially reinforcing this racial resentment.

Attached: 1562529659669.jpg (558x614, 71K)

>recognizing the good things
Is this gonna turn into a "for your own good" argument?

>be white
>move to a new continent
>most people die due to the fact that they lack resistance to your illnesses
>a thing that you couldn't have known since at the time there wasn't even a germ theory
>go to Africa and by black slaves from black slave owners
>at the time Slavery was practiced by all populations on this planet
>introduce technologies that improve the quality of life everywhere you go
>be the first group of people on the planet to abolish Slavery and impose this new moral paradigm on the entire world
>fast forward to today
>whites are blamed for poverty and slavery despite being the group of people who did the most to fight against those things
Hmmmmm

ooh, can we discuss Crabbe next?

Descendants of slaves that live in america live lives that are incredibly prosperous compared to africans, this isn't even a question.
That is one point, the other is the other countless things western nations have accomplished, it's not for "our own good", it's for "the greater good" which the whole world has been reaping the benefits of.
If that weren't true I wouldn't be sitting on a pc on a weekend drinking coffee and relaxing on Yea Forums.

>People will stop fighting when you start recognizing the good things they did.

That's basically all American history books did for many years, thanks to whitewashing.

Post thread

Things that are being ripped apart this very moment and that people are trying their hardest to erase.
>whitewashing
Keep your faggot disingenuous and insidious terms for yourself, you fucking drone.

I guess I should take the "red pill" and just say that whites did nothing wrong.

>black or white
>uses yet another faggot, disingenuous and insidious meme word
Is this the only way you can communicate?

whites as a collective did nothing wrong, whites were never even a collection because they were a mixture of a dozen different subraces all with different languages and cultures.

Attached: 1542052012408.jpg (960x401, 72K)

lmao they actually admit their inferiority

>thread goes from shitting on cartoons to race baiting

Attached: 1543394961060.png (587x617, 258K)

>All these insecure teenagers afraid to read real books
This guy nailed it. Anime and Manga are a fine source of cheap entertainment, but if you want real fun then read some classic books you illiterate spooks.

/pol/ does it again!

That's what happens when Yea Forums shows up. Those guys are obsessed with race, specifically black people. Every time a black person is cast in a movie, there are thrads crying about it for weeks.

Yea Forums doesn't have the right to make fun of anyone or anything with the current state of that board. As trashy as Yea Forums can be sometimes it is infinitely better off than that sneedposting, capeshit worshipping, tweeter baiting garbage heap of a board calling itself Yea Forums.

itchy hands typed these posts

because it's a reddit infested shithole. i think Yea Forums is the last place with decent moderation or something.

The absolute state

Itchy and disingenuous.

Yea Forums is full of reddit too

Well now I know I can avoid this thread.

lmao the cope is real

Fuck off, jap and chink movies are already much better than 2D garbage

because was extremely niche fandom with weird concepts and plots impossible for western tastes. "Was" because today mangas, animes and Ln are too mainstream that Hollywood make immense budgets adaptions of that media.

Attached: SPOTIFY.jpg (710x842, 143K)

>decent moderation
fucking bootlicker

Speaking of which, I've been thinking recently that it would be beneficial for the culture of this place to abolish captcha... we've had a lot of tears recently, but not enough rains.

are you me?
i like to sing some of the soundtrack in the shower/when alone, favorite is sixteen going on seventeen for some reason

for me it’s because i was placed in the advanced lit class and everyone and their mother was circlejerking the hatchet to the point i never picked it up

>with decent moderation or something
It has more to do with the intellectual abilities of the users.

This

>Western literature shit all over Japanese one.
I've never read japanese literature, only some light novels. But I've heard that other countries don't have the same problem as western literature where every novel is either about race, or about nukes, or about being female, or about being a transexual otherkin, or about being a soldier, or about being poor. Meaning modern western literature is built around conveying a message about a topical theme and that's some boring ass shit.

Why are you so smug? It's not like every western fiction is bad, and it's definitely not like every japanese fiction is good

Sneed

You're on Yea Forums, you have to expect that a decent percentage of the men who post here are unironic weebs. The type of people who will say the Sword Art Online light novel is better than the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

95% OF EVERY MEDIA TYPE IS SHIT

>LESBIANS LOSE TO THE DICK
>/u/SHITTERS BURN DOWN THE STUDIO
REMOVE /u/

Attached: 1481998260420.jpg (480x360, 72K)

>The type of people who will say the Sword Art Online light novel is better than the Lord of the Rings trilogy
That sounds more like an ironic weeb opinion.

Then watch old stuff you fucking idiot.

japan has absolutely retarded ideas, but because are absolutely retarded, that ideas are really good. it´s impossible for western authors create Parallel Paradise, Date a live or SAO

Do you read at all, Ender's game, Hyperion, Stan on Zanzibar

Embarassing and ignorant post

i think capchas actually give hiroshimoot shekels

Lower risk, resource requirements and entry barrier in japan since they don't risk losing as much of their investments as the west would and less of a design by committee attitude allowing for more varied ideas to make their splash in the pool.

> for the culture
I fully understand that it's probably never happening. Well, unless some force is involved in one form or another.

Major being white could have worked if they referenced it as being just a different body. But they didn't.

Attention to detail. It's also why old Disney was good before they went full commercial and only used 3DCG.

because almost all media in the west is aimed at 18-35 women

when I think of western comics I think of super hero's and a samey art style. I don't read them so I don't really know. But the japanese genre seems to be more diverse in places I appreciate the most, while being utter shite and topey trash for most of the time anyways.

>When I think of manga I think of battle shonen
Give it an actual look

This is the honest truth.
Since women consume fiction more than men in western countries, the market focuses on appealing to them.

*Since women consume more semen than men in western countries, the market focuses on appealing to them.
ftfy

it's just weeb novelty towards japanese shit

much more originality
really fun and not in the disney sort of way
appeals to my penis

>Too many references to pop culture and politics in Western Fiction.

if i had a nickel everytime japan references jojo, doraemon, utena, golgo 13....

2D and lack of politics.

2D animation is essentially dead and I despise that 3D shit, it never looks good and always looks like ass.
Modern Cartoons even though they are for children have a shit ton of modern politics shoved into them.
Anime either has no politics shoved into or ones I can't understand because I am not from Japan.

>Americans who never watch anything but trailers for Marvel movies.
>Forgetting anything outside of the US yearly top 5 best sellers.
>Having read less than 10 books in their entire life.
>Getting educated by reading synopses and info graphs.
>Talking about "western" fiction, while forgetting Europe exists.

Attached: 1532647901856.png (589x605, 139K)

PROTIP: If you find "politics" in all media, the problem is with you.

SAO is unironically better than Lord of the Rings.

Manga and Anime are obvious in that they benefit from nip art style. LNs are absolute dog shit that people only read because they get a one cour adaption and just need to know what happens next regardless of how poorly delivered it is in LN form.

Of course you would call anything that slightly stimulates thought as “Politics”

Because they’re not enforcing weird propagandas such as “x is redpilled, y is bluepilled” and “lgbt movements”.. you get what I’m trying to say.

>youtube.com/watch?v=FmE76l2bZtA
>youtube.com/watch?v=tEXurYaIHao
For the record I don't watch dubs but my example still stands, I don't pay attention to the news and all of hobbies are intended to escape the real world.
But people keel trying to force the real world into my escapes.

I was reading the newest entry in a series I have been reading since I was a kid.
It is not set in the USA but it briefly touched on how a really retarded, angry man who offends everyone somehow became the president of the USA, everybody is confused on how it happened and characters who have nothing to do with the USA comment how dangerous he is.
Turns out he knows about the secret world of magic and hired a mage to win him the election.
It is bad enough you can't turn on the tv or radio without hearing about Trump.
I don't give a fuck about Trump, I don't give a fuck about the real world unless it is shit happening outside my front door.
I want to go to work, come home and enjoy mindless shit.

Doesn't bother me if people change characters to be black.
Unless it is to do with history, history shouldn't be changed or altered. Altering history is dangerous and propaganda.
Put as much pocs as you want into the witcher and lotr but don't go the route of Chernobyl and invent a female scientist who doesn't exist but saves the day over and over again.

why do people even make bait like this

Typical consumer of propaganda, trying to bait people just like his propaganda taught him. You realize it's your life you're wasting on those imaginary left vs right battles right?

They look cooler, especially when you're a kid/teenager starting with anime. That's it, literally.

do you even find it funny? why can't you at least keep this shitposting on Yea Forums where it belongs

nice trips

because its fun to see losers like you get mad

yeah but I doubt you find it remotely funny at all

I don’t know Young Justice is pretty cool

>Put as much pocs as you want into the witcher and lotr but don't go the route of Chernobyl and invent a female scientist who doesn't exist but saves the day over and over again.
this is actually true
that dragon maid clip gave me cold sweat

for someone who "doesn't care about politics" you sure seem like you actually do

Why don’t you read the good series like GS and not that terrible bullshit you love so much?

>when you're a kid/teenager starting with anime
boom

Japanese YA fiction just appeals to you, unlike hunger games etc which appeals to 13 year old girls in the west. Or fucking Animorphs or Harry Potter appealing to most of us during it's run. Jap stuff also appeals to our fetishes etc. I can't say that either one is more 'mature', but they're both "niche niche".

I would say that the male demographic for YA fiction is dead in the US at least, that's moved to comics/tv. I'm only counting things strictly in the children/YA demographics, not the adult.

Not him, but none of that has anything to do with caring about politics.

true

Attached: 1563374936365.png (547x258, 114K)

Considering mediocre shit like Harry Potter gets rave reviews in the West, that's all you need to know. People who have never read a book in their life pick up a book meant for grade school children because they heard in the news its the cool thing to do and and think it's amazing instead of mediocre trash.

>artists anywhere will have the tendency to flow against any status quo
If western artists would start doing that again, that would be swell

Easier to pirate, so no buyer's remorse

Miraculous Lady Bug

>But being on the receiving end is still shitty. How do you shake that off?
Then you must take the first step. Ball's in your court.

Personally I grew up watching anime so it always felt more natural then western cartoons or western tv shows.
I love reading too but most books I read just piss me off. They piss me off because they are meant to piss me off. Western literature seems obsessed with making its protagonist suffer or make stupid decision after stupid decision. At one point, you get tired of it. At least with anime I'll mainly get feel good or bittersweet stories.

I thought that ended already.
Anything that was created within the last 2 years?

It's not solely about superheroes

I can't really see it the same way, if anything I miss that most anime are unwilling to put their protagonists through shit to get to their "good ending". Because in the vast majority of books both western and japanese/eastern the MC will get a somewhat happy ending.
The major exception in my experience being Russian books that go way closer to bitter than sweet.

Because in the west animation is usually either marketed towards kids with stuff like spongebob or aimed at older adults like family guy. Anime kind of fills the gap for angsty teens and 20-somethings.

Family Guy is for angsty teens and 20-somethings.

Faggots and the boys they molest would like a word with you

Everyone I know that likes Family Guy or American Dad is either a boomer or proto-boomer dad.

When the japs want me to learn pronouns and recreate every MC as a nigger, I'll go back to watching your shit mister goldstein

>Escapism.
explains Harry Potters popularity

i agree with this slightly however i feel that the reason many westerners find Japanese media so entertaining is that the there is a deep cynicism towards traditional stories in western media.

In western media there seems to be a disenfranchisement with the idea that its alright to tell a story that's been told before. in anime we see the same plots, the same character development happen to many different characters but it doesn't get stale as long as it is executed well.

Just look at the star wars movies that came out in the last five years. They were filled with cynicism towards the traditional idea of a hero and were just blatant attempts to "break new ground" and "subvert expectations" which of course is good, but sometimes people just want a comforting traditional story where the hero embarks on a quest to overcome some obstacle not some deconstruction of the genre or some cynical take on past media.

Harry Potter is for teenage girls and boys under the age of 13.
Harry acts exactly like a teenage girl would act throughout the series.

What an absolutely cancerous thread.

I consume almost exclusively japanese media, but I refuse to admit that light novels are above western novels. Even your run of the mill genre fiction, something like a Dresden Files or its plentiful clones, or any trashy escapist young adult novel has more depth to it than your average light novel.
I'm not fluent enough to be confident in my understanding of full Japanese novels, but its clear to me that the bar for quality is much higher in western publishing. There is no western equivalent to light novels, unless you start looking at online-exclusive self-published materials.

To get japs to FUCK

Attached: Responsibility.png (1923x1071, 1.61M)

>abolish captcha.
Boards would be bot spammed all over again though. Captcha was added for a reason.

Freedom. There are any kind of stories in Japan. They can do anything they like. Either turbo puritan h*nd h*olding love shit or extremely lewd shit. It can be about family love or fuck the family chains.
There is no freedom in the west. Western """""Artist""""" are the worst. It doesn't matter what you do, you get stoned by anything made that don't cater to their delusional beliefs. It's not that the average fan is the problem, is the average blue haired artsy fag the literal cancer of the West

>only started getting into LNs in the last year or so
>have to order them all online because they're never sold in stores or are incredibly overpriced if they are

Attached: 1550333816162.jpg (1440x1080, 814K)

>buying LN
Get the fuck out of here

nice try JIDF

they're all on nyaa you big baka

>anime
You're an autist into niche shit that panders to you (which is fine by the way but call a spade a spade)
>light novels
You're an autist into niche shit that panders to you
>manga
Since manga is highly successful and popular with numerous demographics its not hard to find something that appeals to you. Lot's of genres to choose from, tons of manga running concurrently at any given moment.

I hate reading things off a screen.

>watches anime
>hates reading things on screens
are you saying you're a dub fag?

just spend $50 on a used kindle
or wait until a holiday sale and spend $50 on a new kindle
the cost will pay itself off in like a month, e-ink displays look identical to real paper and you can put thousands of books on them at once

No, I should have phrased it better. I hate reading BOOKS off a screen because after reading large bodies of text it starts to get painful. Stuff like Yea Forums, subs etc don't bother me because there are other things going on and it's easier to take a break- if reading a book I don't want to "take a break" every 20 minutes purely because it's making my eyes hurt when reading is meant to be an enjoyable activity

Western fiction
>too realistic
>too political
>too cynical, depressed
>uncreative and safe
>too ironic and nihilistic
Its like they're written by boring adults. Manga is written by fun people.

this

A lot of manga I've read has been just as cynical, depressed if not moreso.

>too realistic
are you just pretending to be stupid or do you actually believe this?
>too political
no more political than anime, just different politics.
>too cynical, depressed
also no more so than anime.
>uncreative and safe
yeah, generic isekai harem #24787 was super original and risky.
>too ironic and nihilistic
again, anime is full of this shit.

you people are delusional.

I think the distinction is time. Recent western fiction is garbage but historically it's incredible. Recent LNs, manga etc are more enjoyable but probably pander more to people like Yea Forums which is why they're enjoyed more. Historically there is more good western fiction than Japanese fiction (that isn't saying it isn't good, just that there's less).

Less Jewish influence.

Yeah that's a tendency that exists in some artists, but guess what they don't get famous and have access to the market on their own merit. The gatekeepers of culture aren't the artists themselves but the distribution networks.