What does it say about isekai stories when a good chunk of the deities are jerkasses basically creating their own...

What does it say about isekai stories when a good chunk of the deities are jerkasses basically creating their own edgelords?

Attached: R26.jpg (2247x1600, 2.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mangadex.org/title/39571/hazure-waku-no-joutai-ijou-skill-de-saikyou-ni-natta-ore-ga-subete-wo-juurin-suru-made
mangadex.org/title/36763/the-labyrinth-raids-of-the-ultimate-tank-the-tank-possessing-a-rare-9-999-endurance-skill-was-expelled-from-the-hero-party
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sauce

they enjoy fucking with people until it bites them in ass just like Van-Sama but at least he got better and still fucked with the Gods

Attached: 1561301685195.jpg (836x1200, 738K)

Japan hates religion, or specifically western religion. Which is why they're often demonized. Notice they don't do it anywhere near as much with their own shit.

In a sense its really them taking shots at the west. If you reason things out a bit then Japan demonizing the church, god, angels, and everything in each story; and saying that devils and demons are really good, is just anti-western sentiments carrying outward. They're rejecting western symbolism, the hero uses a katana instead of a broadsword, the hero hates god. This is them saying NIPPON BANZAI and FUCK WESTERN STUFF.

mangadex.org/title/39571/hazure-waku-no-joutai-ijou-skill-de-saikyou-ni-natta-ore-ga-subete-wo-juurin-suru-made

>Van-sama
>He fucks with the gods

Attached: 06a.png (617x462, 272K)

the deities are America

is this nigga serious?

Attached: R39.jpg (1120x1600, 1.26M)

I haven't read this but I think he's referring to the fact that most bosses in most games are immune to all 3 of those.

but non-bosses (that you can grind up) tend not to be

>using debuff to lv up
You don't even do it in Shin Megami Tensei, too tedious and boring, just nuke everything and move on.

Attached: 1556198637364.png (463x352, 78K)

Yes but why spend time casting those if you could just one-shot them away instead, unless of course the monsters/bosses/demon lord on that MC's manga turns out to be immune or extremely resistant vs everything except for the skills that he has.

Low iq chimp out at not getting OP skills but real gamers just train the skills so much it bypasses immunities against them.

Attached: dozo.png (650x750, 1.87M)

I wonder if the poison user isekai will get a manga one day

dem Minotaurs, I tell ya.

Attached: mino.png (1125x1600, 1.31M)

that's one arm bend, what's this from?

>or specifically western religion
Generally their negative portrayal of religion is towards centralized religions, which tend to be western. This all started ages ago, when missionaries tried converting asians to Christianity, and the people in power didn't like how Christianity seemed to have a strong emphasis on submitting yourself to god, that they thought the religion would undermine their own authority.
East Asian religions are much less iron-clad, and most Japanese people can be said to follow a mixture of religious practices, including some Christian.

>They're rejecting western symbolism, the hero uses a katana instead of a broadsword
Not really related. Japanese just like their katanas more, and their MCs are Japanese, so of course they pick the Katana. This is just a cultural bias. See: everyone.

>NIPPON BANZAI
Pretty much everyone does this for their own tribe.

Wake up and smell 2019 you dumb fuck. The west hate itself. Church harrassing is nothing unusual nowadays. People used to end their graduation by singing songs in churches, is a thing of the past now in a lot of western countries. People shit on God, shit on Caths and the lazy version of them. Jew´s version is the only one that gets a pass. Angels are hardcore good that they turn evil ala 2010+ writing, like Diablo III and what not.

Wake up you retard.

ok this manga actually seems based

That the people who write these works know that their audience are a bunch of maladjusted freaks.

unless you're playing Disgaea and Pokemon then you can cheese the fuck out of everything with them

Wish there was someone there with the balls to depict Shintoism as evil.

It means jap authors have run out of ideas so they copy and recycle this shit.

>their emprah is by essence, pretty much the pope of shintoism
fat chance for a pipe dream.

In TES 3 poison and paralysis could fuck shit up.

What the fuck is wrong with that guy's class?

The same kind of wrong this guy's class have.

Attached: fug.png (1209x1720, 1.48M)

isekai is biased against support classes
tank? useless
healer? useless
buffer? useless
de-buffer? useless
status user? useless

only thing the usual powers that be care about are DPS builds and that's it (and even then casters have to be purely elemental users)

>level 1 debuff works 100%, without any recovery, on high level monster
>immediately becomes level 250+
What's even the point of making him E-rank and shit if he's going to take over his higher rank classmates after 1 chapter?

>its another dude gets discarded because they thought he was useless but actually is OP and levels up to an unheard of level isekai
stop

That is all the ruse by the gods, i'm sure. They know they can't save the world with Japanese hero-wannabe, they need wish-fulfilment SI edge lord for that. That's why they did it, they chose the best candidate and make the edge lord out of that one.

has any isekai with the "bitch goddess/dumbass god" trope have it translated to the point they gotten BTFO'd?

>spoonfeeding the retard

no
I love comeback kids but stupidly OP

No I meant his literal class that got summoned by that bitch goddess.

Salsa, cabrón. P-por favor

Play EO fag

>guy chooses a full party of chicks 'lol, harem wish!'
>gets fucking MINOTAUR'D because he didn't choose the best of each class
dumb nigga

>REEEE CHRISTIAN OPPRESSION
Some how I doubt you have a problem with the benevolent Hades being equated with the source of all evil and some weird desire to rule the world.
>Angels are hardcore good that they turn evil ala 2010+ writing
I mean, doesn't Christian canon already have all demons being angels who "fell"? Heck, even the "big bad" they invented was supposedly an angel so bright and pure, before becoming the supposed source of evil.

Lucifers fall and becoming Satan was the most kino heel turn of all time.

ACKTUALLY, in the source material, Lucifer and Satan are two distinct entities.
Lucifer, or rather, "Morning Star" was a title referring to a Babylonian King who claimed descent from a goddess (Inanna, who was the Morning Star).
Satan was an adviser of god, whose job it was to shit on humans, and convince him of how shit humans are, much like a prosecutor in a court.

The Revelations fanfic ended up conflating Satan with the OC "Devil", and later fanfics confused a translation talking about Lucifer as being Satan too.

ngl you sound triggered as fuck lmao

>mangadex.org/title/36763/the-labyrinth-raids-of-the-ultimate-tank-the-tank-possessing-a-rare-9-999-endurance-skill-was-expelled-from-the-hero-party

The whole setup was kino, regardless of accuracy. The brightest light casting the darkest shadow? Give him the fucking belt.

>that fucking title
Why do people write this shit with the hero being a total retard? Any dungeon parties wet dream is a tank who can fucking take hits all day.

>but muh harem

Exactly what I'm talking about. Both of MC's schoolmates immediately ostracizes them just because they obtained inferior/deviant skillsets.

Attached: I Became the Demon Lord so I Created a Dungeon and Spend Heartwarming Time There with Non-Human Girl (950x1351, 679K)

Good luck keeping that harem when the party collapses because you have no one to take damage for your group, dps'''chad'''.

who knows honestly
wasnt even because of the harem, that mighta been a factor but the tank didnt know about 2 of his skills and they thought he was just losing "shell" (tank mechanic here) for no reason. Turns out he takes damage dealt to other people so the hero is just a fucking dumbass

>has a power to absorb other peoples damage as well
>has literally the strongest 'shell' in his worlds history
Holy fuck the hero is either completely incompetent or arrogant. Then he replaces the guy with an evasion-tank... what a cuck.

>the tank even has an immunity to all status ailments
Holy hell

>fell for the dodge tank mean
This nigga thinks he's playing D&D

>dodgevirgin vs BULWARKCHAD

it shows that most otaku in this world don't blame themselves for their own mistakes and have a complete lack of self awareness

>dodgevirgin
You wish. Asshole "hero" must've been porking dat since day 1 of her inclusion to the party, or maybe even way before recruitment.

Attached: heroed.png (774x771, 521K)

To bad the 'hero' is a retard who's going to have his tank die from one hit she fails to dodge, and 2 of the girls in his party want to fuck each other instead of him.

>satan
Satan is a title, an adversary.
Satan himself does not exist and is only truly mentioned as an entity in the Talmud aka jewish propaganda to confuse people.

Retard normalfag, just get a immunity dispel and you can be OP as fuck.

Chase > status effect

I wish there are more gods like the ones from dad sword.

Attached: S0029_th_015.jpg (188x214, 31K)

>Muh evasion

Attached: 1524613640891.jpg (472x874, 205K)

Not really, its just low hanging fruit at this point as it was played and is played strait but there always edgy and ohsosmart people doing "subversions" with the Gods being evil all along, in fact this reeks of being a extra edgy Arifureta knock-off that I only read chapter 1 because of the cover.

Do you even have any idea what Shinto is?
Do you think its some kind of organized centralized religion? its not ... to make Shinto evil you would have to say "everything spiritual is evil".

Attached: 39571.jpg (848x1200, 228K)

Why the goddess is being ass to the MC again?

>The Emperor of Japan is the head of the Imperial Family and the head of state of Japan. Under the 1947 constitution, he is defined as "the symbol of the State and of the unity of the people." Historically, he is also the highest authority of the Shinto religion [citation needed].

Attached: ebil_church.png (848x1200, 1.02M)

>, including some Christian
Wrong. The only thing they follow is commercialized practices, not really religion anyway.

>asians to Christianity, and the people in power didn't like how Christianity seemed to have a strong emphasis on submitting yourself to god
The japanese reacted the worse proportionally. They really went all out trying to root out any missionaries, whereas their neighbors were more focused on reducing overall imperialism rather than micromanaging that shit into the ground which is why asia has so many muslims and christians to a lesser degree

>Lucifer, or rather, "Morning Star" was a title referring to a Babylonian King who claimed descent from a goddess (Inanna, who was the Morning Star).
Biblically it was just a metaphor to how the highest authority in the land was laid deep in the ground.

>Jew´s version is the only one that gets a pass

???

Judaism in 2019 is so weak it gets a pass because no one notices it anymore. Globally it has the weakest growth, like half of Christianity's, and in the west millennial jews are among the least religious demographics. White people invented their own problems with their traditions. Just look at the state of young conservatives or even the alt-right who are deranged pagans and they're actual anti-semites. It's clear to anyone except white people apparently...

>[citation needed]

Attached: 1563909848560.png (908x1300, 536K)

Well thats because the Jews had it for the Babylonians and created their fanfiction based them, thats why when you start looking at Babylonian mythos you go "hold on, that sounds familiar".

That continued with Advanced Talmud II, Revised Edition and Talmud III, Electric Boogaloo that continued the hate-boner they had for Babylonians even if at that point nobody even knew that anymore.

/int/, /pol/, or wherever the fuck you came from, you need to go back until your English improves.

IIRC, the title was used ironically, as the morning star is the brightest in the sky when it's visible, and it what heralds the sun across the sky. Hence:
>How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn!
>How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low!
The Jews just really didn't like this particular Babylonian king, and apparently reveled in the fact that he was laid low. (at the very least, we don't know what particular king the whole bit was about, if it was about anyone real anyways)
Later in Revelations, Jesus also calls himself the morning star, yet no one seems to conflate Lucifer/Satan with him.

>hold on, that sounds familiar
Exactly what I thought when I read the Epic of Gilgamesh, and got to their version of the Flood. Shit's basically the same, almost beat for beat, with some character names and some numbers changed.

The shovel LN is getting a manga in September

Attached: EAeVPBsUcAA3KDs.jpg (707x1000, 204K)

Almost no games allow you to bypass immunity. Devs dont like it because it makes things harder to balance. This is especially true for MMOs. Bosses in MMOs are usually immune to all or most status effects because its the easy way to balance stuff.

Dont understand the fuss about this. They are just checking her hymen, its not like they are going to rape her.

It says that "what if the gods were evil" is the very first thing to come to an author's mind when they try to think of how to do something "different with the genre," even though it's been done a million times.

it all draws from the same proto-indo-european traditions from the end of the ice age.
at one point humans were on the edge of extinction, with only around 100,000 left at the time based on genetic markers. so naturally their stories became everyone's stories

And how the hell would you do that?
By making every local god evil? well guesswhat, it already exists.

>at one point humans were on the edge of extinction, with only around 100,000 left at the time based on genetic markers
This turns out to be false. The people who concluded that forgot to check on Africans, where it turned out they're the most genetically diverse humans. This is the founder effect, where the further you get from the source of Homo Sapiens, the less genetic diversity there is, because those populations originate from a smaller and smaller number of people.

The Jews ended up with the same stories as the Babylonians, because the two groups developed in the same area of Mesopotamia—could even say they split off from the same group of people.
Proto-indo-european also refers to a different set of people, who may have interacted with the Mesopotamians, but likely had nothing to do with one another. Far as I know, their stories weren't all that similar either.

Picked up, I wanna see where this goes.

Attached: 1564167306397.jpg (1024x576, 100K)

I wonder if the status effects work on the goddess, if they did i guess it would have all been over if he just paralyzed and poisoned the goddess untill she died.