So, how does he work ?

how can you erase time ?

Attached: king crimson.png (335x500, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/33kAMeHVzBA
youtube.com/watch?v=72bcm93koDY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can't, it's dumb, and Araki could have explained the exact same effect a host of different ways without choosing a method that makes no god damned sense.

Stuff happens, but people other than diavolo don't remember the stuff happening

isn't that just erasing a memory

youtu.be/33kAMeHVzBA

shift+delete

Part 5 is all metaphysical poetry, you're not meant to take it literally.

youtube.com/watch?v=72bcm93koDY

It's basically a shittier version of jail house lock

No, because Diavolo can take advantage of knowing what's going to happen in the future to wreck peoples' shit.

diavolo has the ability to ERASE MEMORIES

What is so hard to understand about skipping time? KC perceives an event about to happen, acts on it, and no one else knows what happened in that time.

No, because everyone else doesn't experience the event taking place, time just skips forward for them.

It's like that episode of Futurama.

Attached: 1556300437461.jpg (474x474, 33K)

Start posting on Yea Forums.

If time were "skipped" in that sense there would be one of two outcomes:
>No events occur because there is no time for them to occur in, effectively doing nothing.
>That time did occur, in which case all the subsequent consequences (people moving, things happening, and thus electrical signals moving through brains) would occur, meaning everyone would remember it.

Making people forget or be unaware has to be an entirely separate power and has nothing to do with time itself because that' snot how time works.

Hi Plague. Still clueless about how dimensions work I see

In Jojo, memories are linked to souls, otherwise Chariot Requiem's power would make no sense.
So Diavolo skips time and everyone's soul is in the same state as it was before the skip.

I people end up in different places after skipped time that means that took actions. Thus they made decisions during skipped time - and thus they were processing information. They would therefore have recollection of those events unless explicitly (and retroactively) removed.

Also, out of curiosity, who's Plague? I'm new to these threads.

Ok so what I don't get is does Diavolo
>stop all movement, and have 10 seconds to move around freely in (which basically makes him a clone of DIO)
>time plays out normally, then the last 10 seconds are erased from memory
>KC is activated and everyone is just on autopilot for 10 seconds and are basically mindless zombies who have no clue what is happening around them and Diavolo can just weave through them
>KC is activated and he is simply invincible while 10 seconds play out, and then everyone forgets what happened
Because I feel like all of these plus additional variations have been shown off in p5

>I people end up in different places after skipped time that means that took actions
If you take a length of rope and cut a section out then tied them back together, it's still rope. Diavolo simply cuts a segment out of 'The Future' and stitches together the two ends which is still the de facto future.
Plague is an artist who tried to act smart by making DBS critique videos (even claiming Caulifla and Kale were based off his female sayain OCs) who said the most smooth brained anti-power scale line of 'How can someone be stronger than time' which shows a complete lack of understanding how dimensional tiering works

Diavolo induces lag. Simple as that.

>If you take a length of rope and cut a section out then tied them back together, it's still rope. Diavolo simply cuts a segment out of 'The Future' and stitches together the two ends which is still the de facto future.
But in said future, barring interference, wouldn't the people possess memories? If the stand is in fact connecting two points after severing the middle by relying on a "de facto" future (and thus determinism), then wouldn't the post-CK time be identical to a future sans-influence, and thus a time where everyone has memories?

No matter what you can't parse this as a singular ability. Regardless of your stance on temporal mechanics he is actively altering the nature of the future that follows - not just "skipping" to it. Unless you want to bring alternate/parallel universes into the equation. I suppose you could say he achieves the affect in one power by copying the circumstances of an alternate reality (sans influence) and inserting the outdated souls and memories of those involved into the new positions and circumstances dictated by their alternate selves.

You can't. It's fiction.

Araki is just a shitty writer

Attached: zgiai3ejfj5x.jpg (394x421, 21K)

Why does giorno need the blood thing to tell if time has been skipped or not, can't he tell something has changed without the blood

Yeah, basically. And yet Jojo's is still a ton of fun to both read and watch. It kind of pisses me off.

>can't he tell something has changed without the blood
yea

You're walking to the bathroom, you turn the door kno-

WOAH. You're suddenly sitting on the toilet!? You don't even remember walking in. Weird, huh? What happened? Oh well.

At one point, Diavolo explicitly states that King Crimson cannot interact with anything during the skipped time. This is why he moves during the skip and hits people after.
And yet he somehow managed to lift a person's body up and impale him on the Colloseum gate during a timeskip. How? Why? In what world does this make sense as the same ability?
In no world. King Crimson has a slightly different power every time its used, because the stands in parts five and six are all inconsistent as fuck. Gold Experience also changes its powers constantly.

I thought you'd bring up the time he cut off trish's arm instead of narancia's death.
Basically he impaled narancia skipped time right after

This

wait a second

This is the best Explanation i found

Attached: yu44gueoj5j21.png (800x1600, 502K)

yet it's the most acclaimed manga/anime ever

Popularity =/= Quality

Evangelion or LoGH are the most acclaimed. Jojo is just the most popular. Endgame and Avatar are the most popular films, but not the most acclaimed. Citizen Kane or something like 2001 A Space Odyssey would be the most acclaimed.

I wouldn't even consider JoJo as the most popular.

jojo is only liked for the memes

his stand is any video editting program for 10 seconds
>I like that part so I'll keep it
>here I get decked so I'll get rid of that
meanwhile everyone else is just "jumped" ahead in time by 10 seconds similar to if you just deleted any 10 second segment in a video

Nothing gets "deleted" because time still happens. Everyone simply forgot what happened. Bad analogy.

re-read

Dio >>>>>>> Cuckvalo
The World >>>>>> KC

People were looking at the body. They'd have seen him unless he did it during the skipped time.

diavolo would have no clue what happened in stopped time but he would see that one moment hes fine and the next he dies then get rid of that moment in time with KC, KC also has less range so its a stronger punch ghost than the world, KC beats the world its not even close

how did he dodge aerosmith's bullets when fighting risotto?

>its a stronger punch ghost than the world
Lmao this headcanon.
The world is comparable to SP the strongest punch stand.
KC punching holes into humans isn't that impressive when DIO literally did the same to Kakyoin.
Also he can't skip time that's frozen in the first place

Even Josuke did it with Crazy Diamond. He did it to two people at the same time.

The problem is that we have no way to compare. Maybe DIO can freeze the skipped time. Maybe he can't. Maybe Diavolo can skip over the frozen time. Maybe he can't. We'd need Araki to resolve the conflict of powers, which of course will never happen.
In terms of power and speed, though, The World definitely trumps King Crimson.

THIS

>its a stronger punch ghost than the world
yes and so is crazy diamond because it has less range than SP, if jotaro didn't have time stop josuke would beat SP
first episode of part 4

he erased the time with which the bullets were going to hit him but stopped the erasure after the bullets flew past him and thus hit risotto

are you implying jojo fans watch this shit for story and good writing? i just think its fucking fun and entertaining. araki can't fucking write kek

this is not a problem at all

When King Crimson donuts someone, they die. When The World donuts someone, they go flying. You tell me which one is a stronger punch ghost.

Attached: mudamuda.gif (477x308, 438K)

retard

I NEED TO KNOW

why is he so perfect

None of you can answer this.

If he can put his blood on their eyes during the skip, why can't he just kill them too? Spray some knives into their face Dio style?

Attached: 1564247021439.png (412x291, 202K)

See It's an inconsistent power that has no permanent rules, just like Gold Experience.

How many hours until episode airs in japan my dudes

I like saying he skips time better.

do you not remember when diavolo punched spice girl so hard he went flying towards the arrow

He can't grab the knives

I still dont understand how people think Epitaph can see a future where time stops. Thats fucking retarded

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Erasing time is a meme. He erases fate. Epitaph lets him perceive fate 10 seconds into the future. He either can let that play out, or using King Crimson, make a new desireable future. However, if he does this, he can no longer interact with anything in the erased time, since he rejected the old outcome. Either way, after KC's effect, everyone but him loses memory of the erased section.

Attached: 1562981543954.jpg (602x839, 90K)

When Dio punched Kakion he flew at the speed of fast and made a dent in a water tower. You tell me.

They're being contrarian because more people like DIO, and they both fuck with time in similar ways. DIO rules his own world of stopped time while Diavolo rules our world with his skipping time. KC is basically same as TW except everyone can move during skip, but not stop, and Diavolo can erase causality for himself in that time, at least he did with Risotto. Diavolo would see himself turning into paste instantly and have no idea how it happened, then DIO would stop time and actually do it, without Diavolo being able to react.

In the end, it's more of power level bullshit, because if one has power over the other it's largely going to be their win

This means Diavolo getting away because he can't kill a vampire, a vampire that can not only regenerate, but physically hit as hard as Star Platinum (DIO was hitting the Road Roller himself, and the thing was in slowly lurching down onto Jotaro while both were hitting it, so nearly in equilibrium).

DIO it means either he fucks off or dead Bossu. Truthfully, KC is nowhere near as powerful as Epitaph is. Diavolo being able to mask his movements and cause things to pass through him are its best benefits, only Epitaph makes it as offensive as it is, and it will see the same thing everyone else sees when ZA WARUDO graces his ears: Things having seemingly teleported and the same feeling his victims get when he uses KC with the added bonus that DIO can fully attack him with no restriction on "Fate".

DIO fights against and creates his own fate by creating his own "World".
Diavolo erases fate so that his truth is the one that prevails.
Giorno says No, really loud and makes you experience fate infinitely as punishment for fucking with fate, setting your attempt to alter it or create it to "Zero".

Attached: 1435257091627.jpg (579x800, 323K)

nice goalpost shift

i think he just forced the time erase ability because he seemed to have such a boner for stands that effect time.

I'm inclined to agree. I really hate when writers insist on tackling time travel/manipulation only to inevitably create holes in an otherwise solid design.

How long does it take for subbed eps to get on nyaa? Episode 38 airs in 3 hours and 16 minutes.

Depends, is Crunchyroll simulcasting it? The fastest subs are ripped from Crunchyroll's servers

Yes. Get ready for [Prophecy Stones].

king crimson = effect with out cause
golden Requiem = cause with out effect

Based user

Attached: ac7e99adf567d3cb6e38e1350012590cafc45116r1-1080-1079v2_hq.jpg (1024x1023, 115K)

Wrong

900 ping