2019 and it’s still the anime of all time. Will it ever be beaten?

2019 and it’s still the anime of all time. Will it ever be beaten?

Attached: CF7C0FD4-044F-4E3B-8CDD-6284F39A2FAE.jpg (983x1390, 207K)

God o haven’t seen Kaiba discussed on Yea Forums in years.

No one has good taste

It's definitely one of the best ever. I love love love the character design, the dreaminess, the vastness I was pulled into.

No.
Kaiba is and will forever remain unparalleled.

It has good art.

Yeah it’s the best.
Don’t let others know about it so contrarians don’t try to bring it down.

Is it that good? I've been watching a bunch of Yuasa and it's all been incredible. Y'all think it's the best thing he's done? How does it compare?

I think it’s his best but of course everything he touches is gold

I'm a huge fan.... and yeah, I'd say it's his magnum opus.

On a few works, I've come to the conclusion in retrospect that what I just watched was a masterpiece.
Kaiba is probably the only one that I came to that realization before even the halfway point.

It really, really, isn't. But it is enjoyable. Pales in comparison to Tatami Galaxy

The tatami galaxy, the night is short, ping pong and mind game are better

I'm a little over halfway and I've enjoyed it a lot. Not as good as Ping Pong to me personally so far but it's a very different sort of show. I love the world and atmosphere. There's a lot of mystery still.

I raise you a: 7 year long production because it being all hand drawn perfection. Like one punch man season 1 animation with akira style mixed in it all together. Then toss in the premise of wacky racers doing tons of coke off speed racer's dick in a PF Chang's bathroom.
THIS IS WHAT RACING SHOULD BE

Attached: d465qt2-ae2a7574-9cd5-4caf-b0d5-c8e24d46c554.png (1500x938, 154K)

It's all subjective, but Kaiba is what defines anime as art to me, fully embracing the soul and history that evolved it. Tatami was probably better as far as directing (definitely masterful) but I don't think the others were quite in the same league, though each was brilliant.

I think of Astroboy to Kaiba, and almost wish it was the last anime ever made.

I mean aren’t ghibli films also hand drawn with minimal cgi too? It’s not like it was painted on cels

First half is a genuine masterpiece. As for the second half? Uhh...

Attached: masaaki yuasa is pretentious.png (500x182, 7K)

It's technically brilliant, but I'm not a fan of the art style.

Animation is 10/10, the plot, not so much. It's fun as fuck.

THIS SHOW WILL FOREVER BE IRRELEVANT

Attached: 1541084199436.gif (500x385, 859K)

This.
I REALLY enjoyed it. But the final stretch cannot make me call it a masterpiece.
I thought this was a consensus of some sorts.

Does anyone else still feel strange listening to the OP and ED? It evokes a mysterious feeling to me, kind of unknown, magical, intimidating, similar to the world of it, yes, but I'm surprised it lingered with the music for so long in my case.

sorry i'm here. kaiba is disappointing compared to tatami galaxy, ping pong, or mind game. a fair amount of it is pretentious and boring garbage and the ending is also a total wreck. at least the op is fantastic

Attached: kaiba.png (1920x1080, 2.16M)

Depends what you normally look for in a story, if we draw a line where in one end you have the grounded reality of Ping pong and on the other you have a fantastic surrealist piece like Kaiba
The middle ground would be Tatami Galaxy

>Does anyone else still feel strange listening to the OP and ED?
It's the kind of music that makes me think of dying, or maybe killing. :\

Plot was great. Like i said its wacky racers on cocaine.

This was all hand drawn. No cheating.

I might agree if it was 24 episodes.

I never got how someone who couldnt be damaged but still manages to get a hole in his chest. I didnt understand his power set at all.

Their work might be weird but it's at least hones. Both Ping Pong and Kaiba are masterpieces. Kemonozume and Devilman are flawed buth worthy of a watch nevertheless.

Your name, Code Geass, 5 centimeters per second ans similars are prime examples of pretentiousness, Yuasa isn't.

>Your name, Code Geass, 5 centimeters per second ans similars are prime examples of pretentiousness, Yuasa isn't.
Yet they are infinitely more successful among normalfags, while Yuasa is just for arthousefags.

Ping Pong and Kaiba are pretty good though, though both have better alternatives.

It's shit. Watch more Yuasa. Kaiba is the worst one. Okay, 2nd worst one, because that title belongs to Kemonozume.

>Code Geass
>prime examples of pretentiousness

Not really. .