What's up with the ongoing hate on FLCL lately? Are people starting to take that 3x3 meme seriously?

What's up with the ongoing hate on FLCL lately? Are people starting to take that 3x3 meme seriously?

Attached: Flcl.png (862x862, 1.59M)

People are just realizing that it sucks

Shitposters see a new thing to shitpost about and latch on until no one cares.

It's one delusional autist sameposting his threads. Unfortunately looks like he might be convincing some of the underages. People that let Yea Forums determine their tastes instead of watching it on their own are exactly what's wrong with the new generation.

fpbp

>He also shitposts in Trigger-related threads.
Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

Not that guy but if he's dumb enough to criticize animation for lack of shading he doesn't know enough to shitpost anywhere.

And Trigger's not without flaws but they're pretty damn good, especially compared to all the other trash studios.

>What's up with the ongoing hate on FLCL lately?
The fuck are you talking about? It's one of the most overrated pieces of trash to ever exist. On top of the that the fanbase is so insufferable that they make makokafags look okay by comparison.

Pretty much. Autists wont stop shoving this ugly, shallow turd down our throats. Fucking worst gainax OVA. Gunbuster deserves much more credit especially from a technical standpoint.

This is how you know it's just shitposting. It's one thing to actually criticize something or even just say something sucks but it's always the same "this is the worst anime ever made" type of shit. They make nonsensical arguments specifically to get (You)s.

it's just shit

It was painful to watch. I can't believe this anime has fans.

>dumb enough to criticize animation for lack of shading
That's a perfectly valid criticism. You might just be autistic.

>this is the worst anime ever made
No one is saying this you colossal buffoon. Being the most overrated doesn't mean it's the worst. It's just painfully mediocre.

Welp, we attracted ack. /thread. 4/5 posts already and hasn't made a single real criticism.

>Yea Forums is one person trite
>all this schizophrenia
This is why people despise flclfags.

>schizo spams whilst accusing others of it
pottery

But plebbit told me it was good. Downvoted, bigot.

>191161168
Literal schizo samefagging while accusing others of it. Fucking pathetic. (You)r 'flclfags' bit at the end gives it away, ack.

It had annoying ass music

kek

"Forced"/"dishonest" animation shitposters

>hurr durr everyone i don't like is my imaginary boogeyman "ack"
>criticism isn't real because i don't like it
sasuga flcljunkie

You do realize that this is wasted effort, right? FLCL has been a beloved classic for almost 20 years and you won't change anyones opinion with your obsessive shitposting. Your only accomplishment will be looking like a retard.

Who the fuck are you talking to?

Dude, get help.

Bruh you're kidding yourself you don't think this shit was chock full of forced animation.

Attached: 0823492434.gif (500x280, 820K)

>beloved classic
pfft ahahahahhahhahaahhaha

Attached: 5c5.gif (480x270, 968K)

Dude it was forgotten the moment it aired in japan. Only 1 mega sperg on Yea Forums likes that shit.

Hate for something actually good like FLCL will spread and yet you'll be yelled at if you even suggest criticism for a show that really does suck like madoka

it's totally lost on the zoomers. it was special at the time but just let it go. enjoy it for yourself and let the tik tok generation do whatever it is they like. when you were a kid there were fags just like us that hated what you liked. the cycle repeats just don't worry about it

>classic
Who're you kidding? Nips never gave a fuck about it, only filthy gaijin like you who deserve to be exterminated.

>Hate for something actually good like FLCL will spread
It won't.

Seriously fuck you. Madoka is vastly better than this shit could ever hope to be. FLCL is literally a polished turd.

>beloved classic for almost 20 years
Honestly, given the way most "older" rec charts look this is far from being a compliment.

You really pissed him off.

Madoka has a more aesthetic style, an actual compelling narrative and real characters. This shit has the depth of a puddle by contrast. FLCL cannot even dream to be in the same league as a masterpiece like Madoka.

Cringe.

>aesthetic style
Never sure if I am supposed to laugh when I read comments such as this one. Art vs...

Attached: 1543795871135.jpg (960x1967, 242K)

>it was special at the time but just let it go
so special the nips didn't give a rats ass about it when it was released

...what do you call this? A 12 year old GIMP project after he discovered the magic wand?

Attached: 1549896481944.jpg (800x450, 120K)

Cringe at you for comparing that joke of a series to one of the best selling anime of all time.

Even FLCL fans never mention how great the backgrounds are. It's severely overlooked, they're among the best in anime.

>posting background art because evrything else in flcl looks like horsecrap
Character sakuga looks far superior in Madoka which is the focus. Look at this gorgeous lighting and stylization. It's more iconic.

Attached: 18293091243455.gif (500x280, 1023K)

>salesfag
>Madokafag
>is a retard
Like clockwork.

This looks better

They do now after how shit Progressive looked.

Too true.

stop samefagging OP

uhhh

Lol it's okay ACK, we all know you can't tell good animation from bad.

so what? it was special for toonami/adult swim fans. that's who renewed it

get fucked weeb

This looks disgusting in terms of background art. Only passable when compared to 3d.

It's an obnoxious LOLSORANDOM piece of shit show.

>everyone who disagrees with me is a samefag
Your "ACK" bogeyman doesn't exist, schizo.

Bit of a stretch. But many were painted by Ogura so it's obvious
Alternative made up for it. Pablo did an incredible job and it transports its aesthetics very well.

die filthy gajin corrupting this medium

b-but m-m-muh rock music!!

madoka characters look like fucking downies

Kill yourself

FLCL is literally flawless and only brainlets could even hate it. Better written than LOGH. Better directed than Evangelion. Better animation than Redline. Better sound design than Akira. Better characters than Cowboy Bebop. Better art direction than Utena. It's literally the peak of creativity, experimentation and audiovisual cohesiveness in the medium, aside from some >ten minute indie shorts.

If you want to show off animation, I'd recommend to make a webm that's 10+ seconds instead of a gif that barely scratches 2 and has next to no actual movement.

Imagine being so deluded and brain damaged that you actually think this.

You know the amount of IPs in the thread is displayed, right? Most of Yea Forums knows of ACK, I didn't make that shit up myself. You use the same FLCL image every time you make this thread.

>instead of a gif that barely scratches 2 and has next to no actual movement
You say that but it undeniably looks better than anything in flcl.

It's a solid 6-7/10, more than that means you're a manchild.

>Better sound design than Akira
Actually using Akira as an example for outstanding sound directing tells anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge everything they need to know to dismiss your entire post. Honestly, this entire list is a joke. None of those works are the peak of their respective category.

>animation
No one gives a fuck, cum guzzler.

>sound design
Hello, Reddit

I'm not OP you faggot and you're as schizophrenic as ACK.

Dude I got here in 04 and I saw FLCL hate the whole fucking time. Pls.

>99% of anime is lost on western viewers
>a rare cult classic comes along loved by westerners and disregarded by nips
>anyone that enjoyed it should off themselves
what is it you guys like here anyway? i doubt any of Yea Forums likes anime at all

>says ACK isn't real
>then claims not to be OP but acknowledge ACK's existence

cmon kid, at least try.

it's just one person, don't mind it

>summoning the Madokafags

Attached: 303993.gif (640x360, 393K)

I'm all for iconoclasm but I'm not gonna let go of FLCL just because you guys saw that three people on Leddit like it.

epic false flag

Yea Forums is generally contrarian and antiintellectual and FLCL is the perfect target, as it has much less active defenders than NGE (which got the same hatred before the Netflix release). Remember these are the same people "ironically" or not drooling over the latest generic isekai, shounen and waifubait garbage.

who the fuck are you quoting?

People are plebs. FLCL is objectively anime's greatest artistic piece

>10/10
FLCL
Pom Poko
Night on the Galactic Railroad

>9/10
Only Yesterday
Cat Soup
Mind Game
Whisper of the Heart

>8/10
Mononoke
Angel's Egg
Castle of Cagliostro
Anne of Green Gables
End of Evangelion

>7/10
My Neighbor Totoro
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Princess Kaguya
The Tatami Galaxy
The Wind Rises
Patlabor 2

>6/10
Ghost in the Shell
Spirited Away
Evangelion
Mushishi
Porco Rosso
Grave of the Fireflies
Serial Experiments Lain
Kaiba

>5/10
Nichijou
Ping Pong
Cowboy Bebop
Perfect Blue
Kare Kano
Aku no Hana
Kemonozume
Ashita no Joe

>4/10
Uchouten Kazoku
The Night is Short, Walk on Girl
Haibane Renmei
Patlabor 1
Sky Crawlers
Miss Hokusai
Gurren Lagann
Millennium Actress
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

>3/10
Devilman Crybaby
Wolf Children
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
3gatsu no Lion
Wandering Son
Usagi Drop
Shirobako
Planetes

>2/10
Madoka Magica
Yamato 2199
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
Tokyo Godfathers
Shinsekai Yori
Paprika
Stand Alone Complex
Kemono no Souja Erin
Kimi no Na wa

>1/10
Steins;Gate
Kara no Kyoukai
Tsuki ga Kirei
Colorful
A Letter to Momo
Paranoia Agent
Fate/Zero
Bakemonogatari
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Kino's Journey
Berserk

Attached: FLCL.jpg (1200x793, 222K)

Immediately seek out the nearest suicide booth.

>Pom Poko
Autistic contrarian list.

This list is so all over the place I doubt you even watched more than one episode of half the shows on that list.

Every single anime listed here is Reddit

Your posts will never stop being hilariously bad. Gotta hand it to you. The role really fits you incredibly well. It's almost like you believe what you type.

are all flclfags this autistic?

cringe

But i was being honest? Even the isekai that aired a few days ago has better looking backgrounds. I know looking better than 3d is lowest tier for actual background art but at least i acknowledged it.

Attached: 1289434910483405.png (1920x1080, 2.35M)

why is everyone so mad lol

FLCL isn't bad, but I do sometimes feel that it's a bit overrated. By which I mean people act like it's a fucking masterpiece when it was completely forgotten in Japan and only had a big audience in Burgerland (and thus the rest of the West through cultural osmosis) for no other reason than the guys at Adult Swim had a massive hard-on for it.

It's disjointed, only the first two episodes manage to hold any kind of cohesion. It sort of feels like it was meant to be a 1 or 2 cour anime, and from what I understand some of the experimental sequences (like the manga section in the first episode) were much, much more expensive than they had anticipated, so I sort of have this conspiracy theory that they realized they were going to go massively overbudget and cut it down to 6 episodes so they could sell it as a movie and to avoid an Evangelion. So they did the first two episodes, the final episode, and three random episodes in between based on what they had wanted to animate, this series essentially having been created to test out what was then new digital animation styles.

Also, the Pillows weren't these fucking musical geniuses, they sound like a Japanese mock-up of any number of American alternative bands from the 90s. That's not a bad thing, but for some reason Digi was angry that they didn't sound as much like a dollar store Flagpole Sitta in the two sequels.

But it's still a fun romp, with some pretty good-if-experimental animation, I don't know why you'd hate on it.

Attached: Haruko_FLCL.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 195K)

this

This. It's overrated by the worst nostalgiatards.

It's no coincidence that everybody who worked on FLCL is still making a ton of well-regarded and lauded anime, though.
>Also, the Pillows weren't these fucking musical geniuses, they sound like a Japanese mock-up of any number of American alternative bands from the 90s.
They sound even worse, they make Green Day sound good. They've written the same fucking album like 12 times since FLCL, they really phoned it in.

>implying implications

>But i was being honest?
That's why you should do it.

>when it was completely forgotten in Japan
i don't understand why people bring up japan's interest in a show as if japan doesn't have garbage taste.

>flcltard literally seething
i'm really enjoying this

Attached: Pp4a8li.png (894x894, 473K)

The Pillows are shit, but the soundtracks they made for FLCL were gold. Don't know how this could happen.

>defending westaboo wannabe shit
t. subhuman gaijin

>FLCL isn't bad, but I do sometimes feel that it's a bit overrated. By which I mean people act like it's a fucking masterpiece when it was completely forgotten in Japan and only had a big audience in Burgerland (and thus the rest of the West through cultural osmosis) for no other reason than the guys at Adult Swim had a massive hard-on for it.
That's pretty much the biggest problem. People didn't shut up about FLCL and Production IG decided to fuck it in the ass. People won't shut up about FLCL and it's now on every shitty anime site top 10 anime list. People didn't shut up about FLCL so now we have these dumbass reactionary contrarian threads.

why do people on Yea Forums hate things like FLCL and FMAB for being "overrated trash" yet i've seen very few people actually dunk on TTGL and mean it

>forced animation
>an anime
what did you want then, live action? fuck off with this forced animation garbage, literally a fake criticism.

gainax haters and trigger haters failing to realize that FLCL is the greatest piece of animated media to ever be created

>gainax haters and trigger haters
Please don't do this. I like FLCL quite a bit and as far as I am concerned you could burn Triggers building and nothing of value would be lost. 80% of their catalogue is irredeemable trash and anyone who defends Luluco, Panty and Stockings, Inferno Cop, Ninja Slayer or MACHSPEED should be executed on the spot since their continued existence is a serious danger to the future of the human race.

Are you fucking retarded Runners High and Happy Bivouac came out a year before FLCL was even made. Even a few newer albums like Moondust and MY Foot are fucking great too,

that background the blandest fucking thing ever, it has no visual identity and could be from literally anything.

honestly satan, if you think this is forced animated i don't recommend you even look at any other of hiroyuki imaishi's works, medabots ep 13 is gonna give you a stroke

Your argument is literally an offshoot of people who use sales to determine the quality of a product

You are right, TTGL is hot garbage but it's even more overrated than FLCL.

Uh yeah.
You worded it better than my dumb brain ever could.

>bland
Your "criticism", dare i call it that, is the blandest ever.

it's literally the town from konosuba, a parody show, but done unironically.
I'd call that bland art design right there, but continue to have bad taste.

Pretty sure it's one autist faggot schizo spamming shit. He can deny it all he wants but his posting patterns are obvious.

>bland
He spouts the buzzword again because he's literally mentally retarded and has nothing to say. Those sorts of constructs are meant to look similar. We had a fucking thread on this a while back where a twat like you was blown the fuck out.

It's popular. Yea Forums won't admit it (or they will, but don't care) but they have a hateboner for anything that gets talked about often in the popular circles. Regardless of its actual quality, you can expect most "criticisms" to be some variant on "it's overrated" or "it sucks".

FLCL is the epitome of shallow style of over substance garbage and even in that regard the it is laughably shit compared to Gainax's other OVAs like Gunbuster.

Well at least you're not salesfagging this time

Do something about your schizophrenia.

>shallow style of over substance
>artistic and animation style taking precedent over writing is a bad thing -every single time, no ifs- in a visual medium
yawn

What, a barebones argument like "style over substance" is preferable to "hurr durr it didn't do well in Japan."

Everyones talking about how flcl is overrated trash but there's like 20 threads everyday full of people shitting on it

That’s what I was getting at. Nothing wrong with it, just not the 10/10 people made it out to be.

Its bad. Try watching more anime

Progressive happened.

Fooly Cooly or Eff-L-Cee-L

Furi Kuri

Furry Curry