>dem anglish accents
>dat latin accent
absolutely tasty piece of English voice work
they even had some quality ape speak moments for the few niggers in the anime

If you like any dub you should kill yourself

none, dubs are always an afterthought for mouthbreathers

Bobo bo spanish dub.

Cringe

ITT anglos say stupid shit because they don't know any better.

Baccano

Panty and stocking with garterbelt is the only answer

Thread is filled with ESL faggots who can't listen english.
Anime where dub > sub:
Code geass
Dragon ball
Black lagoon
Cowboy bebop
Baccano

There aren't any
I wish Yea Forums dubfags would fuck off with these threads

G Gundam
Ghost Stories

That's it since all the others are shit.

Yu Yu Hakusho dub was pretty good.

Attached: toguro1.png (350x350, 136K)

Princess Mononoke had pretty good dub, then again they used professional actors instead of some washed out English anime voice actors.

this is some good bait OP

Attached: Simon1.jpg (287x377, 101K)

This dub inspired me to chase this dream during my 20s.

Attached: 3615e61ed820c36c1f81c94e98cf38891421036826_full.jpg (640x960, 233K)

Goes without saying

Attached: 2df78dd37711e37eede19e20ae6ddb5d10bab4b9_hq.jpg (600x394, 47K)

>acottish accent
>crispy freeman
>them brits doing tea and crumpet shit
>german major
It was beautiful.

youtube.com/watch?v=d4nIyDFT6ZA&t=9s
youtube.com/watch?v=jzr9YJ2SE-0
The latin american dub made this trash show into a comedic master piece

Attached: risitas.gif (220x165, 279K)

wow, proof. go back to youtube, zoomer

this is why sub > dub, always

dead leaves is the only exception

This.
The verbal shitposting is almost on par with the chins

Black lagoon is inherently western themed so it's obviously better dubbed
But cowboy bebop is really a matter of voice actor preference

>watching dubs
Unless you were an underage faggot who watched toonami there's really no excuse to have watched them.

Cat Shit One
Nothing special about this, just americans speaking english instead of japanese.

Cowboy Bepop, Death Note, Panty & Stocking.

I disagree, Jada Pinkett had no fucking emotion, that shit was poison during the battle scenes. Especially when the boar god was corrupted. She sounded outright bored.

basically all older anime, dragon ball in japanese is a pain to watch

Hellsing Ultimate.
Berserk and Berserk: The Golden Age movies
Dragon Ball
Cowboy Bebop
One Piece (Funimation version)
Anything that has a more western theme to it, as well.

Attached: Sanji and the magic lamp.png (1000x750, 1.17M)

>german major
That cheesy accent was fucking glorious!
youtube.com/watch?v=4IHrlk-USGY

Attached: Major Shadow.jpg (728x437, 13K)

>inherently western themed so it's obviously better dubbed
>Anything that has a more western theme to it

Agreed, gentlemen. If it takes place in (some version of) America or Britain, they really shouldn't be speaking Japanese.

Attached: mustacheyouaquestion.jpg (1920x1080, 695K)

>Thread is filled with ESL faggots who can't listen english.
Nice grammar bro

>animes
1/10 bait

Sword Art Online
Assassination Classroom
Fairy Tail
One Punch Man
My Hero Academia

All of them. Japanese is a retarded sounding language and their voices are awful to hear.
Anyone who says subs are better should be disregarded in the same way you'd disregard some dumb teen thot saying iphone is better than android.
That's nice sweetie, you're right the iphone is like totes so much betterrrrr

I like dubs of shows from the '90s and early 2000s, something about them feels nice.

I'm an ESL but i don't despite dub and lick nippon arse like some weaboo here.
Still i prefer dub over sub because i don't know japanese

FLCL and Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 come to mind

It wasn't.

Persona 4

Seethe

You don't know English either.

Space Dandy. Also Berserk.

Attached: [bonkai77].Space.Dandy.Season.2.Episode.13.Never-ending.Dandy,.Baby.1080p.Dual.Audio.Bluray.mkv_snap (1920x1080, 2.15M)

Not to disparage those dubs, but maybe you feel that way because of nostalgia?

FLCL
Cowboy bebop
Full Metal Alchemist
Ghost Stories
School Rumble (kinda not really)
Cromartie High

None of these have a particularly good dub

Pokemon up until TPCI took over
Yu-Gi-Oh DM
Dragon Ball

Attached: 189.jpg (600x545, 43K)

FLCL's dub was a weird one for me. At first I disliked Haruko's voice, but it grew on me. And that's strange considering how short the series is; normally it'd take longer for me to acclimate to something like that which bothers me.

I like Fairy Tail's
I disregarded OPM's when I saw Johnny Bosch wasn't playing Genos so I have no idea what it sounds like.
People keep praising MHA but I just don't hear it. The sub has the better voices and better script.
Speaking of, the dub for Baka and Test is pretty good.

I heavily preferred the soul eater dub over sub.

>Ghost Stories
Kill that shit with fire. It gets old really fast. The only decent change that they made to characters was when they turned some pure yamato nadeshiko into a crazy christian fantatic

Hellsing is pretty much the only good dub because it's made by proper English gentry instead of decadent SoCal Americans

Britbong-voiced Seras was infinitely fuckable

Attached: tumblr_inline_oq0flpSR6L1tsnn2b_540.jpg (502x245, 34K)

The French and German dubs of VEG are better than the schlocky Japanese

Pic related.

Fuck off stupid nigger,dubs are cancer,subs are better.

>Man of culture

I rarely watch dubs, but I unironically think Maid Dragon's dub was decent. Not as good as the sub, not nearly as good, but it had decent voices, could've done with a better script though.

You sound 12 in my head

I can’t stand sera’s in the dub

>fix for you
Sub > Dub

There is not one sub better than dub, I use Japanese as a voice option in anything I can because it sounds so much better

Shut your damn whore mouth, K.T. Gray was great

Scottish decent accents are fitting for Sera.

DB sub beat the dub.

Seven Deadly Sins.
Hunter X Hunter.
Dragon Ball series.
Digimon.
Monster Musume.
Tanya the Evil.
Overlord.

Meant there is not one dub better than sub*

I take the Ghost Stories dub seriously.

No it does not get old fast you are just an unfunny cunt desu. The only thing thats dated are the george bush references, other than that the dub manages to have more soul than most serious dubs because they're not trying to adapt awkward sentences and actually enhances the original animation which was dull, cliche and boring.

Fuck you nigger.

>my mac is like soooo much better than that dumb boy's pc. I can like totally sync my music and pictures on mine!
Sorry, I just can't help but hear nothing but a dumb nattering 13 year old. It's how I see everyone who thinks subs are better

According to the director she's supposed to be a lower-class Brit trying to sound like an upper-class Brit but the whole thing is a bit too meta

Haha, imagine having to read anime

Attached: deftgfty5r446df.gif (400x299, 3.29M)

>ctrl+f death note

Attached: 1560383399803.png (414x499, 454K)

>mouthbreathers
Get off the internet Eleven.

>sailor moon was never fully dubbed
>have to watch the last 20ish episodes in engrish
one fucking job and wh*te people couldnt fucking do it

youre the king of redditretards

s o u l e a t e r

Man, I wish I knew Japanese.

>Dragon Ball series.
>dub
>terrible shitty cringe amerilards voices
>only good one is goku
>sub'd
>all voices fit and sound decent and fit the character
>especially vegeta's
>but goku sounds like some stupid 80 yearold hag
Its a difficult decision but sub'd wins again.

I think older animes had more effort put into localization. Hell, even theme songs were dubbed or had an alternate English version

Yawn
Stfu pretentious weeb. Screechy Jap voices are fucking hilariously bad.

This is a question for dubfags. What do you prefer; hearing the old but experience voice actors you've heard a thousand times before or hearing actors who are new to the industry and who aren't as skilled just yet?

The dbz dub is awful the guy goku goes to train with in heaven after the dragon road in the dub sounds like some sperg with a terrible over exaggerated lisp it literally sounds like they have one guy voicing like 10 different characters in the dub. off yourself brainlet

Kill yourself

>vegeta's voice fits in JP version
No

In normal countries dubs are made for children who literally can't read or can't read fast enough for subtitles. In Jewmerica it's just for fat retards. Don't insult amerigolems for doing this. It's just their culture.

Dragonball
Cowboy Bebop
Helsing Ultimate
Black lagoon
My Hero Academia

You should kill yourself, you are too stupid to live. You are on the intellectual level of a 6-year-old. Seriously, just jump off a bridge.

Silly goose, if I had wanted to read, I'd have read their asian comics

Whatever, just bump the thread threadbumper

But here's the thing, Jorge Spencer Washington III, you do not have to concentrate on reading subtitles for a show. You glance at them quickly and get the jist. When you say that reading them is a pain, you are admitting to being a literal retard.

>Not syncing their voices to the subtitles for maximum immersion
Haha I bet you read manga without giving characters voices as well

Attached: 092872101.jpg (640x640, 101K)

Tl;dr
Nothing a subfag writes is worth reading in the first place. Japanese Dragonball is the worst shit I've ever had the misfortune of hearing

What the hell are you talking about? Blind brand loyalty isn't analogous to preferring subs over dubs in any way

I watch dubs because I can't read.

Attached: 1440277673061.gif (244x300, 2.66M)

This thread is middle-tier bait at best

Alright
jackass

>heh, you guys just aren't INTELLIGENT or MATURE enough to watch these Japanese children's cartoons in a language that's gibberish to you, unlike myself
That's nice dear. Why don't you go tell your mom more about how the the xbone pro is way more powerful than the ps4 pro

>no
>yes
>no
>yes
>fuck no

Yeah i'll agree with this except you don't have maka's Gaooow

High School DxD
Code Geass
Space Dandy
Spice and Wolf
Guren Lagann

Dragon Ball

I agree with everything here but Code Geass. Are you serious nibba, it sounds like 4kids era garbage.

im talking about dbz not the original its literally voiced by like one guy the hole thing its fucking terrible and ruins all the characters vegetas voice in the dub doesnt even fit it just sounds like generic deep voice.

the amerishit vegeta dub dbz voice sounds like generic deep voice number 945. If you were to pair it with other voices and voice actors from other shows I would not even be able to point it out. Vegetas japanese va for dbz on the other hand stands OUT and fits him much better instead of mega deep bara voice when vegeta isnt even big in the first place the dub fucking sucks kid

Subbed vegeta dbz
youtube.com/watch?v=va7BY1gyKe4

Retarded overly deep generic bara voice that is as plain as fucking day on short vegeta
youtube.com/watch?v=Hdnc_Rz-sQ0

hes a prince too so the overly deep bara voice just makes him sound like a half wit as well.

I prefer the dub Vegeta desu

Berserk
Cowboy Bebop
Space Dandy
Fullmetal Alchemist

sorry, shimon is a fag

then your taste is just bad.
Why? First the dub voice is a generic deep bara voice that makes him sound like he has no intelligence.

The sub: Fits his character because hes not some giant bara but instead a prince and hes pretty short. Also this Japanese va has a more distinguishable voice that STANDS out.

kill yourself dubfag

t.blinded by nostalgia and a dubfag

Was way better than the sub. Actually the yyh sub is downright bad regardless of the dub, which isn't something I can say for anything else in this thread. I don't know how they dropped the ball so hard with it, but it's awful.

>voice that STANDS out.
Whereas the dub sounds like some amerilard trying his hardest to make a forced deep voice

wow so convincing from the least supportive language fan base
at least look at the true Japanese>Latin spanish=French=Italian>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>english

wth is ESL?

Black Lagoon
Excel Saga

>dubfags are braindead
who would've thought

>nobody posted the 1(one) dub that fits OP's description
Surely you jestin'.

Attached: Kirb.jpg (800x450, 61K)

>dub >>> sub
>animes
Very, very weak bait
Fpbps

>watching a dub when the JP version has Norio Wakamoto
holy shit

Attached: 1535278910818.gif (640x360, 440K)

Baccano!
Goes from young sounding Japanese men (sub) to baritone, accent-accurate 1920s gangsters (Dub)

Haha, weak bait, OP. But nonetheless, this thread's hitting the bump limit; too many autistic subfags in Yea Forums lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=pTJJpwq33dw

Based

English as a second language. It's the classes they give foreigners in schools basically.

KFDDD and spanish romance novel Meta knight are fucking amazing.
Don't let anyone mock you for this choice.

How about some so bad it's good dubs?
youtube.com/watch?v=tum1P5jm_so
youtube.com/watch?v=ubSdfYqCgK8
youtube.com/watch?v=ILQ_pvI4AGI
youtube.com/watch?v=NWru5o07j_I

How about instead of this dumbass question we list dubs that get to about 90% as good as the original and are therefore perfectly watchable in either language. That's the highest standard dubs can achieve IMO
Kill la Kill and Konosuba for me

Attached: pieck.png (576x502, 272K)

Yikes, what is this shit taste that's lingering from above?

Generally I don't think it matters as much as people think, the main determining factor is the voice directing. Seasoned pros that haven't seen the source material handed a translation written by someone writing in whatever they please directed by someone just trying to get things finished so they can sell a few discs to people that mostly buy anime either because they're stupid or think they're "supporting the industry" to shitty profit margins will sound just as bad as anyone else.

That said I never get tired of Crispin Freeman's voice.

Holy shot that's right
Jormungand is tasty af dubbed
Also
Unironically re:zero just because the subbed nip speak, specifically where the carboi tries to spreak engrish, is so cringe that it's unpalatable

youtube.com/watch?v=AjCK8XaO-xE

Guin Saga? youtube.com/watch?v=EmEESOXQJso&feature=youtu.be&t=2m12s

>bebop
Retard, you?

No it's exactly as pretentious. Actually it's even worse. These retards are honestly lying to themselves that a language that they don't understand a single word sounds better than English. Not to mention how shitty of a language Japanese is in the first place.

Stfu dumb weebs

I've had my ears assaulted by the atrocity known as the Japanese language too much for a lifetime

Based

Who says dubs are cancer? Check these

I've got yours right here

embarrassing. unistall now.

Holy shit you're based
Holy shit you're cringe

You guys are the fucking losers that went to the corner of the lunch room and tried watching anime on your laptops that were plastered with ugly ass stickers and magnets while your earbuds kept falling out so you had to keep putting them in while your breathing progressively got louder. Am I right?

youtube.com/watch?v=ve-SiqRYLXM

Reminder that even the director of baccano says the dub is better

Black Lagoon
Jormungand
Monster
Ergo Proxy

i like the diamond is unbreakable dub a lot. i think it gets across the essence of what they're saying much better and rohan’s voice is better

Hellsing
Cowboy Bebop
Panty and Stocking

There's also just good dubs out there
FLCL
FMA
Hero Academia
Kill la Kill

Attached: matoi3.jpg (225x350, 36K)

In most cases, dubs only sound good if they're the first way you're exposed to them. Once you associate the characters with a specific voice, it just sounds "right".

>watching bnha dubbed
off yourself

I'm watching both subs and dubs. It's fun to look for things that are better in different versions. Also, sub purists can fuck off. Some content is _vastly_ improved by a good dub. It makes things sound less autistic (which is a trait of Japanese as a language when translated. And sometimes, even in it's original form).

>watching dubbed bnha
>defending dubbed anything
off yourself soon.

Only in Latinoamerica with old latinoamerican translators, if your translators dont like anime they wont put their soul in it. Even latinas are better than most of your translators
Soul: m.youtube.com/watch?v=kPxpD6bgJMo
Soulless: hooktube.com/watch?v=7n0q3ACX88Q

Ooh, scarry, a child playing an elitist is gonna tell me to commit sudoku. Poor fucking thing doesn't realize he's an idiot.

It actually sounds like an 80's biker movie; the new dub stars the guy from Digimon

>That Cyber City Oedo dub
Fucking kino.

Attached: When you get them princess points.png (320x325, 114K)

>watches dubbed bnha
>calls others idiots
faggot

Attached: 1561099940244.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

I don't mind watching either but with that said, dub is just infinitely more convenient desu

Nice to meet you faggot, I'm dad. If you weren't an idiot, you'd study the language and actually compare how stupid and formulaic can Japanese dialog sound and what a vast improvement a good dub is.

>watches bnha
>watches bnha dubbed
please leave.

>doesn't even have an argument
>just tries to push an opinion he larned from someone else
Sasuga

You keep telling him how your iphone is soooo much better than andriods sweety. Btw did you get that skirt you wanted during back to school shopping? Too cute honey.
And try not to get so emotional, I know you're 13 so it's hard

>>watches bnha
>>watches bnha dubbed
Boo, get new material

>amerilard using a retard analogy because he lacks the education to explain his point.
clockwork

>watches dubbed bnha
Consider the following: off yourself

Attached: images32.png (637x917, 749K)

Why would I want to do that? I actually enjoy a good thing and not being a sperg about it. What about you?

Why is dubbed bnha bad?

>sperg
twitter fags make this place cringier and cringier
*scrolls down*

Attached: f56image4.jpg (1920x1080, 156K)

No fucking way, Ultimate is my personal GOAT but you'd have to fucking strap me down to make me watch it dubbed. Those long winded speeches the characters go off on are fucking atrocious in English, just constant SCREAMING with no personality. It gives me a fucking headache. But if I could contribute, FMA: Brotherhood, Samurai Champloo, Bebop, GITS all pretty decent. Dubs used to be pretty good, nowadays it's just the same 5 talentless hacks phoning it in so they can get their paycheck and be done with it.

Attached: 1527506363796.jpg (400x462, 25K)

>All Mights actor doing the Armstrong voice because he doesn't know how to do anything else

WOW SUCH TALENT NINTENDO HIRE THIS MAN

Attached: 1563583736776.png (292x496, 152K)

>amerilard
Haha this goober's been on this thread for 7 hours now. Subfags be this easy to bait

>only one episode of Cat Shit One was made
>last episode was 9 years ago

Attached: Ash.jpg (751x439, 33K)

cringe post

Attached: images(3).jpg (1280x720, 91K)

Yu Yu Hakusho
Panty and Stocking
Dragon Ball Z
Shaman King (German Dub)
Bubblegum Crisis
Gunsmith Cats
Space Dandy
Full Metal Alchemist

>Dragon Ball Z
try reading the thread dub shitter

Haha bro, get exposed like the nerd you are

>MAY I MAKE A STATEMENT, PLEASE?!
>You are in fact a faggot.

Attached: 1538699688578.jpg (1920x1080, 229K)

Yikes, are we larping now?

Fuck off braindead faggot, thank you!

Attached: 1533110110213.png (761x975, 638K)

Like zoinks scoob, are we larping now?

Attached: shaggy-1155660.jpg (696x390, 36K)

Ey baboo put me in the larperino screenshotti

Attached: 220px-Barracudapunisher.jpg (220x333, 29K)

Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya, both with the brazilian dub.

Ya sorry I don't put much thought to arguing with little tween girls.
That's what people who defend subs are to me.
So you go keep on blathering on sweety, the adults will just nod and smile

I unironically watch the Toaru series dubbed, nothing else

as sexy as alucard sounds in english, his japanese voice is perfect for him

Persona 4 had one of the most inconsistent dubs for its media, with only Yu, Yosuke and Yukiko retaining their original VAs throughout the series. Honestly I found the new VAs to have done a great job except for Naoto in the anime, and by far the worst being Rise in P4DAN. They weren't replaced by bad VAs, but they just were the wrong people to do those characters IMO.

I'm not that much of an autistic shithead like most people here when it comes to audio. I'll watch either dub or sub depending on what mood I'm in. I can see the appeal to both.

I liked P4D Rise

Ashley Burch cannot do Rise, she sounds nervous all the time and didn't have that bubbly personality like Laura Bailey could pull off. Ironically her doing Rei from PQ sounded cute. Shame Alexis Tipton didn't do Rise like all of Bailey's other characters she does now.

Attached: 1462929014279.png (262x227, 41K)

>Laura Bailey
Why did she give up that voice work?

Welcome to the NHK
Death note
Battle B_dman
Yugioh
(any series made to just sell toys)

youtube.com/watch?v=ee9migtzsQ8

The IS dub with the British, German and French accents.

The move from Texas (Funi work) to LA, she probably picked up more work from other studios. At the time with P4DAN she was doing Gears of War 4, which also included mocap, so it conflicted with scheduling. I think she would had done it if Atlus had held on. She hasn't completely quit when it comes to some of her old characters, she did the Fruit's Basket reboot, and Catherine Full Body.

to me its every anime that takes place outside of japan and uses non-japanese names for characters

why the fuck did I watch this subbed? This looks so much better.

For me, it's Ghost in the Shell

Attached: translation-anime.jpg (750x600, 44K)

Even when using dubs for western settings that should sound good in english, it depends mostly on the quality of voice acting and keeping script changes minimal to keep the work close to the original or it becomes a separate thing.
Dubs for western settings don't always work because it is still an anime made by nips for a nip audience and they use their customs and social hierarchy honorifics to add nuance in characterization which gets lost in translation.
A good dub can work if you've seen a good subbed version first to know what the story is closer to how the nip staff meant for it to be seen, instead of watching the version with script changes to match mouth movements or with added humor that the original didn't have since it alters some characterization as well as the tone of the anime you are watching.

Both Alucard and Walter have great voices indub

chromartie high and pop epic

I just started Dimension W, and this is Ep3. is this a fan sub or the real one? wasnt ready for aussie loli.

Attached: weird dub.png (1920x1080, 1.47M)

>>>>>>>>>>CG dub being better than sub
BASED retardbro

youtube.com/watch?v=E3qwHEw8YvI

The sub and adult swim one were fine, I didn't enjoy the 3rd one at all though.

italian black lagoon youtube.com/watch?v=NWzdVMqFHCA

Japs can't swear even if their life depends on it

I understand. I posted it because it shows when they're sticking more with the sub vs Americanizing it.

>Death note
Are you serious? The Japanese dub is kino.

Nice pick then, it is stuff like the 3rd version that makes dubs shitty when they try to force humor or dudebro things up for extra westernization and it fails to capture the nuance the characters and story have in the original; thanks for giving a good example user.

It was already retarded when people lied about this with Bebop. Is it going to be mass produced now?

imagine being this butt blasted

FLCL (not the sequel)

MHA is actually dubbed very well. Bakugo in particular, his VA is perfect for the rival role and sounds genuinely pissed off and hurt during emotional scenes.

I think Bakugo and Shigaraki sound better in english

why do the nigger mods allow these retard threads nowadays?

Attached: faggot.jpg (1440x1080, 70K)

When I was in high school laptops were not affordable, kid.

The Brit voices they got for Integral, Seras, and Walter are really good. The generic SoCal actors for the rest, not so much.

Good in concept, but bad in execution

Because you fell for the meme

I've read that Freeman wanted to give Alucard a Romanian accent, but wasn't allowed to and only did it when he turned into Dracula. Kind of a shame, if you ask me.

Question for dubfags
What do you value more in a translation, literal translation or intent?

I just want a non censored version with the same voice actors.

The casting was amazing.

>no
>yes
>fuck no
>no
>no
>no
>yes
>yes

Welcome to the nhk has a shit dub.
In fact every series you posted has a shit dub

>whole thread
>no mention of the ONE movie whose director has outright stated that the French dub should be considered the REAL version
Joke's on you, OP. It may be a troll thread, but there's an actual objective example, that being Porco Rosso.

Intent, and actually making a character sound like they fit with the animation.

Translation is one thing. But if the sentence is awkward what's the fucking point? Adapt that stuff, unless its essential to the plot.

I genuinely like Haruhi's dub.

Can't believe this shit is still up, dubfaggots deserve rope

Attached: 1456582082955.jpg (396x360, 26K)

Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust

>animes

Theres literally not a single show where the dub is better, sometimes its almost equally as good but never better because western voice actors suck at impersonating the characters they dont even care about since none of them even watch anime and dont have any connection to japanese manga/anime industry. This is just a low quality bait

Kirbeh, censorship aside.

Reporting in for the fujos. This deserves a season 2.

Attached: Club_I_D_by_Ouran_HSHC_Directory.jpg (596x379, 93K)

Why is Tiger and Bunny not here yet? Both dubs are great but the English is still better for me.

Attached: tumblr_npr1slNwuP1u3rt52o1_500.gif (500x281, 487K)

Princess jellyfish
Little known one but the gender jokes work better in English than the whole boku wa, atana wa stuff.

Attached: tenor (1).gif (400x224, 3.38M)

You have never watched hetalia have you.

Attached: 87cae053682e0e60575f7165be2e31a7.jpg (537x820, 60K)

High School DxD

It is not here because it has bad re-writes that badly alter characterization.
The sub used nip stereotypes, why not watch an American show if you want their stereotypes as jokes.

>not just reading the manga
fags

Hetalia has some of the best edited lines that just make everything more racist and its great.
China: lead way you imperialist pig dogs.
Talking to russia: you look like your breaking your own pro hate law.
Germans looking at American porn : this is a lot tamer that our stuff.
Digging through American stuff : there is nothing in here but bald eagle belt buckles.

Attached: Screenshot_20190725-102308_Chrome.jpg (1074x832, 217K)

Localizing anime that Americans watch with American stereotypes what a suprised.
Still they did keep a joke that said Japanese had big dicks.

It isn't what the nip manga-ka intended so I don't like it unless it is taken as a separate version.

>Localizing anime that Americans watch with American stereotypes what a suprised
I just want to know what the nip guy wanted to convey not what the dub script writer thought was funnier instead.

no such thing

Why the hell that nip mangaka no made Mexico yet it feels weird to see America and Canada then no Mexico. I know hes spoken off screen and how America dressed up for him but I just dont get it.

It's a manga about idiots representing stereotypes of every country.

Attached: ssBshkn.jpg (540x447, 48K)

He probably didn't know much about it, almost all the characters in Hetalia are based off people he knew or stuff from books so probably didn't look up Mexico that well.
Yes I know, it is all that but through a nip lens; I've already seen the stuff Americans think, I wanted a proper nip to english dub.

Death Note
Code Geass

t.

Attached: 1560800039965.png (500x523, 259K)

Then post the quote or source. False claims about these things happen every thread, so the least you could do is source all your "objective examples".

It's objective. Ryuk, Light and Lelouche all just have better performances in the dub. Sure, the supporting cast is a bit worse, but the english dubs really pulled it off where it counted.

Damn, FPBP. Holy shit.

>not watching the golden boy dub

Fuck off pretentious smelly weeb

Wrong.
You're just an underachieving weeb who doesn't even know Japanese. You're not cultured or intelligent for reading subs while listening to the absurdly awkward Japanese language

To clarify my point here >Then we take that script and throw it out the window, and we really let the actors help out with that case. There's a lotta ad libbing going on. We take the framework of the script and let the actors do their thing - the show has a lotta energy and a lotta action, and everybody here on this panel has a say in how their character is portrayed.

That is not how anyone should dub a character drama with focus on relationships. The action was deliberately toned down in the original to keep the focus on the cast instead.
The main characters don't even seem to like each other in the dub half the time, it is very difficult to tell Bunny is a tsundere and they try to force Tiger to appear way older than 35 by adding 'kid' to his lines; Bunny is supposed to be a guy with a rich boy 'old-money' English background who uses keigo to speak so politely that it becomes rude instead, but they just made the guy sound like he doesn't care about anything, Kotetsu also sounds uninterested or whiny instead of indignant when he is pushed by Lloyds or Bunny most of the time. The rest of the cast did a better job but it doesn't hold up when the characters with the most screentime were altered like that and all the re-writes were unnecessary and just plain bad.

The only retards are the ones who defend subs as if they're any deeper or more meaningful

>anime where dub > sub
I gotchu senpai

Attached: Rei.png (487x383, 228K)

Dubs are only more more meaningful because the nip VA, voice directors and writers coordinate better and the dubs are usually bad by comparison. Good dubs are pretty rare as you can see the same ones listed in this thread multiple times.

It's not that deep in the first place buddy. These are just children's cartoons from Japan

I'm not saying it should be "deep" I just want proper translations without some dub script writer adding things that aren't there originally.

>using weeb as an insult
crossboarding trash spotted, back to whatever dumpster you crawled out from imbecile

Sgt. Frog

Haha your kind's the reason this thread's still up in the first place, you smelly smelly nerd weeb

and now everyone can see what kind of insects infest this board

Attached: 1456157173224.jpg (300x386, 25K)

Whatever an English speaker writes is going to be better anyway

No fuck you smelly weeb I'm here to talk about animes and mangas

Haha no shit, nerd. Just take a look at all weebshit that's fallen for this subfag bait

just go back to Yea Forums you fags, you'll fit right in

bobobobobobobo

A bloo bloo bloo

Attached: giphy.gif (480x270, 239K)

Wanting better dubs isn't the same as saying all subs are perfect or all dubs are bad.

Then there is no point in your watching any anime if you are just going to change it into a western show instead of enjoying the anime as something as close to the real thing as possible, I'd like a good dub with good voice acting and proper translations but you do (You) dude.

>dub thread with more than 100 replies
To all the people who din't reply with a "fuck off" or something similar, kill yourselves.

Fuck off

Your kind will never be welcomed here, kill yourself.

Haha can't now, nerd. These were your exact words
>To all the people who din't reply with a "fuck off" or something similar, kill yourselves.

Wow that is actually....the opposite of how I read the character. I watched dubbed 1st and always saw a "hes not that all the fuck" feel. Kotetsu gave me the simpsons old gill feels when people would dump on him. And I knew bunny was a tsundere the minute he would look away or complain. Especially with her personality when doing photo shoots and especially in the movie.
Quit projecting your own feelings as everyone else's.

To me, Kotetsu's dub voice wasn't as endearing and lacks weight. Bunny was way better near the final episodes but the early eps were very bad compared to the original.
The bigger problem there are the pointless re-writes, Karina's "did you two have a lover's quarrel?" Bunny calling Kotetsu "papa bear" and Kotetsu telling Nathan that he wasn't his type because he was too tall instead of saying "get aches from using your arm as a pillow" etc are all pointless changes not counting the really bad ones like the "good talk, good talk" line instead of showing playfulness with the original "as always you are not very cute" Barnaby's tone in the original scene there was very casual while the dub tried to make it more hostile towards Kotetsu for some reason. The dub just isn't the same characterization mostly and that matters a lot in shows like this.

>23 hours
what the actual fuck

>These walls of text

Unironically Konosuba if you like abridged series shit
Otherwise kill yourself

What is wrong with explaining why you consider something weaker than the original?
The greentext is a copy-paste from an interview and the rest is a reply explaining why the dub is weaker; are you too used to seeing single word retorts instead of how people actually discussed things on Yea Forums?

I, too, take Japanese cartoons this seriously

Always watch comedic anime dubbed, because japanese humor sucks ass
youtube.com/watch?v=ox0lBHmIrWM

>take Japanese cartoons this seriously
It isn't a "serious business" thing.
What is the point of even watching an anime if you don't care about what happens in it or what the dub changed, do you just leave shows on as background noise?

>What is the point of even watching an anime if you don't care about what happens in it or what the dub changed
You watch them as entertainment. There's no deeper meaning you're meant to dig deeper for. They're shows you watch for your enjoyment

The words dont match! The words dont match!

You are not explaining you are defending.

This man gets it

I don't want to talk about animes on v

Animation is better and there's more of them

Fuck off dumb uncultured weeb

I already said I enjoy my anime without mistranslated dubs/subs.
>There's no deeper meaning you're meant to dig deeper for
If the author/manga-ka is making a specific point in their work then I'd prefer to have it conveyed across all translations so all fans can enjoy what they wanted to show; you can keep watching the way you want to, I'm just telling you why it isn't as good and that they should improve the quality of dubs.
True, but a good dub would be better than a bad dub.

weeb IS an insult you retard, you shouldn't pride yourself on thinking your cartoons = actual japanese culture

>you shouldn't pride yourself on thinking your cartoons = actual japanese culture
This has nothing to do with the word "weeb". Use words you understand.

Right? Lol imagine watching Ben Ten, spongebob, or rugrats and thinking that's what American culture is like. Or Johnny Test and thinking that's what Canadian culture is

I wonder if Japanese people argue over whether subbed or dubbed batman beyond is better

>sub: Sorry, I prefer tall girls
>dub: Sorry, you're too short for my tastes

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY COMPLETELY CHANGED THE MEANING OF THE LINE

There's no dictionary definition for a word that's not real, retard

The reality is the mannerisms and vocalisms don't translate across language trees, but you'll find 40k retards on here swearing they can FEEL japanese more than their native language, because they're retarded

>a word that's not real
Are you braindead?
>dictionary
If you weren't a complete newfag this wouldn't be necessary.

Shitposting isn't an argument, retard
Leave before you hurt your remaining brain cell

Well in the line about Nathan, one version implies Tiger rejects him because he is too tall the second is him rejecting him without bringing any physical feature into it, only the cramped discomfort of sharing a bad; the change was pointless like I said, so why not just use the original instead?

>just use the original instead
The sub? Geez, I hope you aren't implying that, user

Tiger and bunny is anime oly you fucken moron. There is not manga 1st.

Trigun

>Tiger isnt showing how supportive he is about nathan being gay.
I know exactly which tumblr post you read get the fuck off of it. Minor changes to match lips dont do much to change the plot.
Besides nathan is always after antonio or barnaby

I didn't read any post of that sort, the change was pointless apart from making Tiger a bit more distant.
What is that supposed to mean? The dub can just be dubbed accurately with better translations and better VA, no harm in that.
I know, I meant that about most anime dubs in general and conveying the story the way the staff wanted to tell it without add-libbing etc as the dub staff said they did.
Compared to them the nip staff said:
>About the deleted audio parts:
>Morita: Like Barnaby's. This movie caused so many wrong takes...
>Hirata: The instructions are so friggin detailed.
>Morita: I had to go back to his very prickly and aloof tone. It was really hard. I mean, there are always four Barnabys. The cold Barnaby, the Barnaby as he is with Kotetsu-san, the Barnaby as he interacts with everybody else around him, and finally the Barnaby as he is when he is alone. During the series we saw all those and got to the Kotetsu-san type and it was working all so well, and now I had to go back to his cold self. The staff kept yelling at me that I'm doing it wrong... This story had to be "thick", so to say, so I had to bring out what makes Barnaby Barnaby very strongly. I had to play a very relentless, intense and harsh man, and well, it was really difficult. Honestly, he can be scary.
>Yonetani: A difficult character to be sure.
>Morita: So many things that make him hard to grasp. Unlike Rock Bison for example.
>Hirata: Or me. (everybody laughs)
>Yonetani: No. Seriously, no.
>Morita: Barnaby is defined by so many things it gets difficult.
>Nishida: What about you? Was there anything about Kotetsu that you had trouble with this time?
>Hirata: Nope.
>Yonetani: Of course not.
I just appreciate their effort.

>>What is that supposed to mean?
>He doesn't watch untranslated to truly understand how it was meant to be watched

You don't have to bait like that. I prefer good subs and I want better dubs with good translations and better voice acting for people that have trouble with subs or prefer dubs instead.

There are a lot more anime like this than most would admit. I like both but there are many, many good dubs

Why are so many modern dubs terrified of letting their characters shout? I've noticed while watching dub clips of SnK and BnHA that every time there's an iconic shouting moment they always add this echo effect that wasn't there before. It's so weird.

>animes
>dubs
Please kill yourself.

Evangelion on Netflix

better than the old dub at least

fuggin this

then make one yourself

People can still want good things in life user.

They don't exist and you pathetic monoligual burgers all need to kill yourselves.

Based

Nice projection

If a dub can handle these attributes
>Localization
>Decent VA talent
>Setting/Timing
then there *shouldn’t* be an issue.

Last time I saw a dub for anything was Saiki K. Decent talent nothing amazing but they actually put in the time and effort to localize the dialogue and humor in ways that made sense.

>liking grandma Goku
Get out of here.

I really love JoJo's dub. The only bad thing about the dub and any other localized portions of the series is not being able to retain some of the original names due to (1-800-DONT-SUE). Young Joseph has the best dub with the British accent. Though I'm glad for Part 3 it was dropped because it didn't sound right for him at the end of Part 2.
youtube.com/watch?v=ScK3p90IZlM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZlLHs7RoorU
youtube.com/watch?v=Zl7_el07r9g
And of course with JoJo comes some of the most iconic Engrish lines, where there's always anticipation hearing them say it in the dub.
youtube.com/watch?v=RVee245F2hU

Infinite Stratos just because the fake French and German accents were cute.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

Jojo could've been great but these are absolutely awful attempts at British accents from everyone involved

>none brazilfag saying about the kino Yu Yu Hakusho dub

youtube.com/watch?v=6fkG7vT9eGc

>They don't appreciate the glory of dubs

Attached: Just a dude with a deck.jpg (654x480, 56K)

Yeah cool fake forced accents that sound like shit

Dandy dub fucked up even the first joke with Dandy and Honey so fuck you.

The Baki and Ultraman dubs were also pretty good. Any dub that can get Troy fucking Baker back into anime deserves props, and casting Peeta from The Hunger Games as the Ultraman MC was an interesting choice.

>fake, forced accents
>Nearly all of the actors are european
Nani?

>There are people out there right now that unironically hate these dubs

Cyber City Oedo's dub is a fucking masterpiece.

Attached: Oedo KILL YOU.png (1015x679, 460K)

I like this one.

Attached: Bo-bobo.PNG.png (648x486, 272K)

Yeah like va for both main characters are Chicago and washington huh?

Integra, Major, and Walter's VA's are both brits, Anderson's is Scottish, and Maxwell's is French.

How

KT Gray apparently grew up in the UK; obviously it's easier for American dubbers to use expats living in the states

Hellsing's dub was good. Drifters was decent too, but based on Jeanne's Japanese VA I think she was meant to sound androgynous, which was lost in the dub. For reference her Japanese VA is a woman known for voicing young male characters, so I think that was part of the running theme of Jeanne being mistaken for a man due to her armor, short hair, and flat chest.

I don't even know what you're talking about but nothing the dub did could possibly compare to how badly the Japanese version butchered this joke.

files.catbox.moe/p0kc1n.webm

>all accents sound fake when the VAs are presumed to be American
>can't actually tell how good an accent is on its own merits
wow what a fucking surprise