Does your family know that you watch anime?

Does your family know that you watch anime?

Attached: 7BC27D81-FBB3-4049-8B12-01BEA5C5F33E.jpg (1200x670, 56K)

2 decades I've been watching and they have no idea, they probably will be more surprised that I speak medium level Japanese tho

I don't have a family

I don't watch anime

No but my neighbors do

Last time at a family get together I got very drunk and told the zoomers I watch chinese cartoons, now they think I'm cool.

They even know I watch hentai. My older sister introduced me to it. Yes, she's a chubby fujo type no I am not attracted to her and thinking of her in a sexual way would make me physically ill.

Yeah my parents sent me some daijobu texts when they heard about Kyoani on the news last week, they had a feeling I'd probably be upset about it.

Underrated

yes unfortunately

No, even the few who watch anime themselves don't know.

They used to know I watch anime. until they disowned me.

Yes.
Why would I hide something like this?

Blogposting thread but whatever.
All my immediate family knows, but they don't really care. My parents once got me Genki 1 for my birthday, pretty based. Although when I was telling my dad about the KyoAni fire, he said "Why did he do that? Were they not very good?"

Yeah they think it's weird but everything I do is weird so whatever

(OP)
Yes and they also watch it

I wish I could talk about anime news with my father. They don't really care about what I like (they know that I watch it tho)

I have no clue

Attached: weeb Illya.jpg (1920x1080, 193K)

Yeah? Why would anyone care? It has been mainstream for a while after all.

Yes. Used to watch it brazenly on the family t.v. back in high school.

Then they forgot or what

Forgot about me? Yes.

Yes
My collection is everywhere

my dad got me into anime and we used to watch it together before he became a tranny

at least i took his akira special edition dvd before i moved out

Attached: DtOfLdAVsAAw3DZ.jpg (800x449, 36K)

Yes, I like to show off my office full of figures, posters and wallscrolls to them. I've never cared about what they think about my hobbies and they know that. I also don't let my hobbies drag me down, and have a wife, job, live completely independent from my family and have a future outlook. I have to live a strong life. The harder I work the more of My King I get to experience.

Hell for me is letting her down.

Attached: 1562830960096.png (1400x1000, 1010K)

Family walked in during the rape scene in Perfect Blue. So unfortunately yes.

I wish my dedication to my waifu was as strong as yours.

That's not that bad. If they sat and watched it they'd realize it's a decent movie.

Now my parents walking in on Prisma Illya, that is irredeemable

Yes. My dad watches nothing but Fox News and sitcoms and scoffs any time anime or manga is mentioned. I don't really care, I don't go out of my way to talk about it, but my brother (who only really watches Dragonball stuff, SnK, and OPM) for some reason tries to force my family to watch shit all the time.

My Mom is the the one that put on Dragon Ball Z for me on Toonami after school
t. Zoomer

I usually watch anime with my youngest bro. My younger brother and mother don't care. Sometimes dad might watch some anime clips but he's not very interested in the medium

>before he became a tranny
What happened to him to take this stupid decision?

People don't like it here when I call her my waifu so I don't usually do that. I work out and stay in shape too, usually while looking at that pic I posted for inspiration.

LIFT FOR YOUR WAIFUS ANONS

Attached: sample_7b486f82fd86ce26c4be08c8dafb48d8.jpg (850x1188, 299K)

They know how great Kumiko is so yes.

Yes, they don’t care

>and have a wife
Is she jealous of your King?

Recently showed my father your name, silent voice and maquia. He liked all three of them.

She has her own characters she fawns over. But sometimes I feel like maybe she does. Its funny because sometimes real women hit on me and she knows it, but Saber would definitely be one "person" she'd be jealous of. For good reason, I'm fucking crazy about Saber lads. Have been for 10 years.

Attached: f90382e2fda96915026f4f88f3c9f295.jpg (1059x1202, 467K)

You legitimately have to be a teenager or younger to care about such nonsense.

> have a life .........................................
> have a wife (or gf or lover or sthg) ...
> have a job .........................................
> living completely independent .......... (I could, but meh...)

36 years old btw

Yes but not the type or extent.

Watched too much anime.

>Son disowns his father due to too much anime

They know I speak Jap so probably, yeah.

My little sister knows, and my mother may be suspicious.

Attached: 1561685984953.jpg (1147x825, 118K)

I believe I mentioned it a few times, but they don't really care and probably forget it the next minute.

Dad and brother know, they don't care. A cousin is a huge weeb, he is my best friend.

yes, i've been watching more and more with my family lately. finished Gankutsuou and Ping Pong with my sister last week and my mom really ended up liking attack on titan so we're catching up on that soon

>My little sister knows
All of Yea Forums would like for you to watch a particular couple of shows with her.

My mother knows and she is fucking awesome about it. She knows both me and my brother watch it, and we even made her watch some of the more regular-family-friendly ones like Steins;Gate and she loved it.

Yes, can't really hide a bookcase full of manga, blurays and nendos.
Also my younger cousin is my yuribro. She and I often share recommendations, art and fantasies with each other.

yeah but it's okay, i'm more disappointed of them that they could ever be of me

My family has always been small but we're all really close. My mother knows, and she even knows who my waifu is. Last Christmas she ended up getting me a somewhat rare and expensive figure of my waifu. Love ya mom!

Attached: Kurisu2.jpg (1864x2800, 752K)

yeah, i've watched redline, jin-roh, and ghibli shit with my dad.

Yep, my dad always walks in on me with some anime girl on my desktop, he doesn't give a shit as long as I have a job.

I don't watch anime sweaty.

Yes, for sure. I even got my mom to start watching anime. Also have marathoned shows with my friends.

I am very transparent about my hobbies to family and close friends.

Attached: akane.jpg (540x653, 38K)

It's because of my parents that I even got in to anime, I vividly remember watching Ninja Scroll and Ghost in the Shell on VHS with my dad

Attached: 1563336486646.gif (245x263, 749K)

They even know I like lolis.

Dear god, no. I would be mocked relentlessly. As it should be; I feel bad for you weebs whose parents indulge their degeneracy. Powers levels should be hidden so you have a chance at being a normal, functioning part of society.

Attached: amanofculture.jpg (1280x720, 190K)

I remember I chatted briefly with my mom about how fucked up anime was after watching stuff like Elfen lied, Narutaru, Seikano and Blood Plus. This was when I was 16-18 .
I haven't brought it up directly since then, but back when I was still at home I got into buyfagging and hand waved a bunch of parcels from Japan as just stuff. Who knows whether they were smart enough to have caught on.
I also let slip that I'd learnt some Japanese and have been asked to translate some moonrunes in the past.

Attached: l3ZKixD.gif (600x337, 1.86M)

That's pretty nice of them actually

Yes, me and my cousin used to watch anime and jack off to sailor moon under the blankets.

No clue. They know that I used to watch a lot of anime on television back in the day but I don't know if they assume that I stopped after that.

No. My anime/manga obsession is my biggest secret. Not including my necro/rape dreams I have every other night.

Nope.
I'm going to Japan in a couple of months with my brother, who is a bit of a weeb. He shall never know.

>became a tranny
That's not how it works, sweetheart.

Attached: 1563222974018.jpg (315x315, 35K)

I'm confused, how does it work?

google it

On a second thought, I'd rather not.

They've walked in on me when I was a chuuni living at home but I'll never let them know just how bad it really is. The way people who are open weebs act makes me feel ashamed to like it.

i was out of the country for a year and i came back and he was a """woman""" how the fuck else am i supposed to explain it

Attached: Dq7N7yBVsAAg2wY.jpg (266x266, 12K)

When they first found out my father thought that I would become a pedophile pervert.
I told them, I have always been open about what I think and do.
I was interested in languages and fell upon learning Japanese and reading about its culture.
I lightly played Call of Duty, a whopping 24 hours, and for a while, they were scared I was going to be a school shooter or something.
That's how they were.
As my own person now, I am pretty relaxed with what kind of media people are interested in, I am not sure how far this thought really goes.
I'm sure it is a complicated topic.
I have regrets.
"Being" yourself wasn't a good idea.
While I had a growing interest in anime manga, Japanese culture, I was not exclusively known for those things.
Because I was spending less time doing things my friends knew me for I pushed them away and became more lonely.

People knowing about my hobby didn't have a good impact on me.
If I was more aware I probably would've kept it a closely guarded secret and spent less time binge-watching.

However, my Chad friend watched anime and was good with girls and kept many friends. It is probably just a me thing.

sending blogpost nnnnnnnnnowwwww

Attached: 1563723144172.jpg (1126x1126, 108K)

That's the most disgusting normalfag gif I've ever seen on Yea Forums.

Brother and sister introduced me to it when they were into shounenshit as teens.
A while back I Watched Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Aggretsuko with my sister. Watched Dragon Ball with my brother, watched Inyuyasha with both of them. They grew out of both anime and video games, I'm all alone.

No. They gave me shit for trying to watch it when I was a kid.

Attached: 1557277444827.png (490x410, 246K)

cringe ironic reddit thread

Thank you for blessing the board with Kumiko user

>literally a coin toss
Delusional thinking really shouldn't be encouraged

Attached: 23b01c1e3037bd2e5edf222232869b7c.png (467x433, 227K)

Yes, and also read manga

I'm always paranoid that my wife will make some weeb reference when we're in public. Sometimes she shits on my favorite shows too.

Attached: 1507568648925.png (280x276, 73K)

I showed my mom A Silent Voice, some Ghibli films and some Watanabe shows. She liked all of them.

>Does this anime thing like always have girls in it?
-my mom

Threaten her to leave her for your waifu, that should teach her some manners.

>a coin toss
nice extrapolation

No, my sister only knows I know stuff about Japan, nothing suspicious since I know many diverse stuff. I wouldn't mind if they knew I watched normalfag shows, but I mostly watch girly/cute stuff and I'm tooo old for that.

My mom likes Sword of the Stranger.

Yeah. They walked in during the rape scene in goblin slayer kek

They just slowly shut the door and never brought it up

how the fuck did you get a wife that's okay with you being a weeb?

normalfags shouldn't be on Yea Forums.

yes I used to go to cons and watch it on the family tv but I stopped doing both so maybe they think I stopped or something, my dad didn't like it though
either hes a chad or a cuck

Attached: kirino-and-kyousuke.jpg (854x480, 98K)

They know I read manga. I stopped watching anime it is inferior.

Yes it is, his fetishes got the best of him

They know it mockingly saying 'I watch cartoons with high pitched voices'

I didn't correct them because technically they aren't wrong.

she's obviously a seagull

She's male.

Anime keeps a lot higher of a profile these days. It's not like it's normie shit but it's not a deal breaker, and it's not like I instantly revealed my powerlevel.

If it makes you feel better I was a virgin until I met her at 22. I'm not just going to leave Yea Forums now.

Yes, and yes.
My mom often reacts with anime gifs via Whatsapp when she speaks with me, or in our family group. It makes me so happy.
My little sister fell in love with anime as well. I used to watch KinMosa with her back when she was just 5 years old a lot, she used to love Ayayaya.
My dad loves GuP, Anzio Team specifically.

Attached: 1540174945858.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

>watching moe anime at 5
The young zoomers are going to be fucked up. I talk to a Russian guy online who watches KonoSuba with his 10 year old cousin.

>medium level
fucking doubt

I'm watching Mamakun's anime with my mom. Also, she thinks my figmas are cute. Her favorite is my Megumin figma even though she never watched the show. My dad is indifferent to my hobby. I have a feeling he thinks it's really dumb, but he never says anything negative about it.

They may suspect, but I doubt it.

My mother does; she doesn't really understand, but she's supportive. She got me a "Nakuto" headband. I didn't tell her I don't really watch Naruto, but it's my favorite item now

based

Attached: 1560785834968.gif (1577x948, 774K)

Yes, that's how they know that despite being a failure at life at least I'm not gay.

I have this weird dynamic with my mother where we both watch anime but would never admit it in front of the other

I once caught her whistling Cat's Eye's italian OP while cooking, and as soon as I came into the room she stopped doing that and acted flustered

Other times, she'd suddenly and randomly throw around terms and concepts of japanese culture, then change subject

I honestly think she's something of a recovering otaku, as both my older cousins (who were basically raised by her) later grew up to be weebs even more than the italian standard and she was in her autistic phase during our anime boom

Other things I suspect are her affecting classic takahashi tsundere behaviour and marrying my father at least in part because he looks like Lupin III

Attached: 1562360799594.png (416x315, 33K)

>marrying my father at least in part because he looks like Lupin III
based

Yes they also know that i wear cute girl clothes like a little girl.
and they don't mind as long as i give them money.

Based retard

Attached: _astolfo_fate_apocrypha_and_etc_drawn_by_kusumoto_touka_sample0ca92ef31f81413e572420b80df80850.jpg (850x1400, 158K)

I'll talk about anime news with you faggot

I'm still in awe. Can't find an opposite who enjoys anime. Nigh impossible to discover

I'll also add that these observations of mine are at least partly corroborated by the fact that autistic obsessive behaviour is kind of a constant in my family, especially on my mother's side and is often anime-correlated: one of my cousins is a police officer who moonlights as martial arts instructor and got into martial arts thanks to anime (he also once commissioned and bought an exquisitely ornated and extremely cringy naruto-themed motorcycle helmet), while his brother used to roleplay as kenshiro during family gatherings and run around shirtless, now he too is a police officer. The third one is outwardly the most normal, but since he has a shitty job and the universe generally hates him he binges battle shonens, though he should probably switch to SoL.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if we browsed this shit board actually. If so, hello Marco, I'm sorry for joining Luca and Diego in telling grandma you were kicking me under the table during family gatherings even though you weren't even close.

Basically, my theory is that my mother infected my cousins with weebness during her chuunibyou phase in the early nineties and then tried to put her past behind her after she met my father, who has rather normie tastes.

Also, for some goddamn reason, my brother is an Aldo, Giovanni & Giacomo otaku

Attached: 1562772274769.jpg (784x1145, 320K)

I taught my spic dad to call my brother a fucking weebaoo if that means anything

Yes. I've even watched some anime with mom.

You watching Okaa-san online with her?

Yes. I never talk about it but sometimes they casually bring it up and I hate it. My cousin got me a gift card to a Japanese store for Christmas once and my mom still thinks I'm only into Japanese things and Asian women

Attached: 1563851325583.png (556x828, 331K)

No one knows I watch anime

Yes, I recommended Ghibli to my mom and she liked it. Other than that, she dislikes anime in general.

Attached: 10.png (1260x1800, 753K)

>Asian women
They probably think you're a fetishist deviant with yellow fever.

Yes. They're not really proud about their eldest being a nerd. "At least I don't do drugs."

my mom thinks its cool, she likes ghibli
my dad thinks its dumb

I eased her into it. Started with Onizuka.

Yes
Wasn't obvious until end of highschool when I stopped doing drugs, ditched all my friends, and filled my room with anime shit.

Attached: Screenshot (487).jpg (350x468, 29K)

Yes. I even recommended Planetes to my dad.

Lol there was a post like this in /int/ earlier today and some French guy talked about how his mom would sometimes bring him bowls of rice and Asian food and say "here user, just like in your cartoons".

That's a good mom.
I wish my mother paid attention to my hobbies like that. Or me in general.

Attached: 1542671553565.jpg (352x279, 33K)

No, and it's staying that way. I'm already enough of a disappointment.

based

That's actually hilarious but if that happened to me i'd cry.

Attached: PTSZ.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

They know I watch anime but not that it is anime. My parents basically call them "those crazy animations of yours".

They still blame video games for my problems though despite me not having touched a game in years.