Without caring about how others are judging you, what is your number one, personal favorite anime even if it is flawed?

Without caring about how others are judging you, what is your number one, personal favorite anime even if it is flawed?

Attached: samurai teaming up with elves and dwarves to fight european knights once led by hitler.png (1276x715, 1.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BrLsWLVk084
youtube.com/watch?v=uwzAEwzUI8k
youtu.be/gDLJxgobpdY
youtube.com/watch?v=iOrkj_MFXm8
youtube.com/watch?v=54dp8ucsGG8
youtube.com/watch?v=-ry07Vglep0
youtu.be/fGMa7p1l2ls
youtube.com/watch?v=ReCwO5rEpx8
youtube.com/watch?v=JY10sZvZv9I
youtube.com/watch?v=9Dusb9BuBac
youtu.be/IlMHcozvioc
youtube.com/watch?v=iOsN2FP3-l4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Boku no Pico

Samurai Champloo

Corey in the house

Sao ; first anime i watched.

KonoSuba. There’s just something about it that makes me laugh, I really like all the characters and the way they interact, and think the dude who voices Kazuma is one of the best VAs in Anime as he has perfect comic timing and delivery.

Re:Creators

Attached: 65075594_p0.jpg (985x554, 123K)

castlevania

i don't really have a favorite it all changes each season but i guess closest would be overlord and boku no hero

>serious favorite
Overlord
>guilty pleasure
OP mom
>in between
black bullet

Kanon '08

It's hard to believe the all time greatest anime is CGI yaoibait but it is.

Attached: valvrave.jpg (930x1288, 321K)

It used to be Spice and Wolf, Made in Abyss, Toradora, Madoka Magica, Cowboy Bebop as a no particular order top 5 from various categories. Then I watched Legend of the Galactic Heroes and everything else became a far distant second.

Attached: 1518364824116.jpg (960x1440, 273K)

It has always been Neon Genesis Evangelion.

>the retarded man's War and Peace
>unironically believing in great man theory
Retard.

want to know how i know you have less than 1,000 anime completed?

Is that your biggest life achievement?
Nice trips btw.

hyouka, i still watch episodes from time to time like that one with the fabricated mystery from the school announcement

Attached: 1557265558407.gif (400x225, 2.62M)

hokuto no ken

DBZ for nostalgia, Kill la Kill for pure enjoyment, Darker Than Black for what I believe delivers most as a season.

Akuma No Riddle, ending is bullshit and there wasn't enough episodes to get a good amount of screentime for every character

I feel I watched a little too many to handpick a single one without delving into autistic selection by genre, tone, artstyle, etc., they're simply too different

You’ve got to be trolling

Char's Counterattack.

Horizon cause it has basically everything you could want in a show. It's also anathema to plebs across the spectrum.

Monogatari

Panty and Stocking will always be my favorite

Attached: laughing demons.png (1280x720, 1.01M)

Based

>Brings up R*ss literature in the year of our hiroshimoot 2011+8 in a thread dedicated to anime, on a board dedicated to anime, on a website dedicated to anime
>Assumes I like it for the Great Man wanking
Jesus user you need to try better
>His drop list is smaller than his completed

Attached: 1561369812453.jpg (640x480, 48K)

Familliar of zero. Every season. No shame.

Attached: Welp+that+little+guy+will+probably+be+feeling+pretty+warm+_d1edb4696221652ff36092a1eec1436e.jpg (1200x1200, 349K)

Unironically Legend of the Galactic heroes. I don’t fucking care if it’s pseudointellectual or not the deepest dive into realpolitik or the millions of beautiful pieces that make up a working society and economy. It’s still a super fun story about a clash of civilizations and high level ideas without feeling pretentious. It just reminds me of Babylon 5 and Star Trek in a way that not a lot of other media outside of books do.

Besides that, I fucking love Area 88 and an always on the lookout for any fighter aircraft anime. I don’t despise mechs but I sure as hell hate how much more common they are compared to planes (which are way way cooler machines anyway).

Attached: 3616E1F3-3380-43D1-ADD6-6DABD8923525.jpg (1000x992, 361K)

>serious favorite
Hellsing
>guilty pleasure
Highschool of the dead
>in between
OP's mom

Which one of the demon sisters had a dick?

Shit yourself

love too many to have a favourite but my top 5 that i love
1.hokuto no ken
2.terraformars
3.Bleach
4.Yu yu hakusho (sub)
5.Cromartie highschool

Attached: Dang guy.jpg (2048x1152, 244K)

Top favorite: Tenchi Muyo.

Ryoko will always be my wife.

Neither but both of them would totally use an eggplant as a strapon

Jormungand and my waifu Chiquita.

Attached: Chiquita_full__1341380.jpg (600x600, 48K)

I coulda sworn there was some line that implied either scanty or kneesocks... well whatever I guess. Still 10/10 taste, what a great show. One of the first shows I watched with my SO when we were just getting into anime in college. Followed it up with Tatami Galaxy, which is probably my own overall GOAT anime.

Eureka Seven, I've watched the English Dub of episode 26 more times than any other piece of media.

Why is that, user? I’ve never bothered watching the show since I saw Gurren Lagann first and heard it was just a worse version of TTGL.

NGE still for me, but it's debatable. I also really like TTGL, Shinsekai Yori and a few more.

Evangelion is the only one I consistently watch every year

Currently Zetsubou-sensei. I would probably love it even more if I didn't get spoiled on its ending.

Attached: Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - 05 (BD 1024x576 x264 AAC).mkv_snapshot_15.10_[2019.04.19_19.07.16].j (1024x576, 290K)

It has it's flaws but Phos is cute enough to make up for most of them.

Attached: 1541179554774.jpg (2560x1856, 960K)

Aikatsu

Attached: 50532267_p0.jpg (800x800, 104K)

Space Dandy

Attached: Stay_Dandy_baby.png (1920x1080, 1.09M)

Code Geass
It's incredibly stupid, and was way better when I was watching it at the end of highschool when it came out. But holy shit if it isn't one hell of a fun ride

Gundam unicorn was what got me into gundam and UC shit. It has one of my favourite mecha designs, (Jesta and Zulu was cool asf).

Attached: cdb293eecc61f08804fa3f0189e91664-700.jpg (1088x700, 128K)

Claymore always the best.

Attached: __irene_claymore_drawn_by_crossing__sample-e51e3d6263ad083360d624ec77f44f36.jpg (850x794, 135K)

Escaflowne. Dubbed.

SDF Macross.

Nice rec thread, but Texhnolyze.

I'm more a manga guy, but HxH is my favorite.

Got nothing on Приключения пингвинёнка Лоло

Rebellion. I don't care what anyone says, that movie is a masterpiece from start to finish.
Eva is also in my top 5, and I have well over 1000 completed. You're just one of the many hipster scum on Yea Forums who thinks that if you watch a lot of shows you're somehow obligated to pick your favorites from the more obscure ones instead of the classics. Anyone who thinks Eva isn't a reasonable choice for a favorite is a moron whose further opinions about anime can be disregarded. Get fucked.

HxH
Still rewatch every 1-2 years.

Unironically Dragonball, the original series. It was the first anime I ever watched.

InuYasha.

Akagi

Attached: truthakagi.jpg (640x480, 51K)

Anyone who picks Eva as their favorite picks it because it's a classic, not because it aligns with their personal tastes.

It's a classic because it aligns with so many people's tastes and/or resonates with them on some level, user.

Monogatari series

either k-on or hida sketch

Attached: [HT] Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 07.mkv_snapshot_19.14_[2019.03.20_18.56.54].png (1920x1080, 1.8M)

That's what they want you to think.

Bakemonogatari. After first seeing it I kept rewatching it instead of watching next seasons because I liked it so much that I was afraid they would suck in comparison. Glad I was wrong

Attached: 1449054260495.gif (704x290, 2.07M)

wow that animation sucks

Eureka Seven, easily.
I can't name a series that clicked as hard as E7 in my entire life. Everything from the characters to the setting just had me completely hooked. Sure it's flawed as hell, some things aren't ever explained, Dewey would've been an actual threat if the ageha squad weren't literal retarded ten year olds, Eureka's kids can get REALLY annoying, and lets not even mention how obnoxious Renton is before he gets the cold dick of reality slapped onto his face, but other than that I absolutely adore it
And Eureka is still easily my favorite female lead of all time, I just wish they focused on both her and Renton equally right off the bat, as opposed to making her the actual deuteragonist half-way into the show, because Renton isn't exactly who I'd call a tolerable character at the start, some doses of someone who isn't utterly obnoxious would really help ease the blow.

Attached: 74105990_p0_master1200.jpg (758x1200, 374K)

After all these years, it's still Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon.
Other things did come close, but as a whole, Sailor Moon is as close to perfection as a 200-episode-anime can be. It has a great balance of slice-of-life, action, comedy, cute girls, cute MotD-girls, well-written characters (even one-off side characters!), very clear thematic structure that's fully supported by the narrative, a great (and very distinct) visual style, great cinematography, great direction, great OST.

Attached: 3x3.png (999x999, 1.76M)

Gungrave

Never connected with an anime more

TTGL, I mean to many it isnt, but for its flaws I still love it.

Mushi-shi without a doubt in my mind, and also the Dubbed version with Travis Willingham is absolutely amazing, guy plays Ginko better then the Japanese voice actor 100%

Attached: Ginko.png (700x392, 172K)

TENGEN TOPPA
GURREN LAGANN

Attached: Kaminarox.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

Dai Guard, ANJ or Gungrave

>disliking popular things makes me cool
LoGH is better than your favorite anime, sorry.

I want to cum in her so bad

She does want to be a mom. Good taste

Attached: 416c1ad09ed5b3b8a2669ec1a0e2406137b2760d.png (493x846, 145K)

Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is my favourite movie of all time

I remember watching e7 growing up on toonami and having a huge crush on her. Probably why I like girls with short hair

Godly taste user, this is the post I was going to make. Shame, he'll likely never be brought on to do the second season.

She's prime wife material, so honestly I can't blame you. She does a good job of every hairstyle she's given. She's precious and I love her very much, and she needs a fucking hug so goddamn bad.

space dandy, baby

Thinly veiled rec thread.
Also picking just one is very diffficult. I could if this weren't a thinly veiled rec thread though.

Only good taste in this whole thread. Good shit user

I did not expect to see Area 88 here.
I'm glad you were here to teach these peasants what a real anime is like.

Revolutionary Girl Utena.
I'm actually a lot more self-conscious of people saying it's a safe choice or a pretentious choice and that I don't REALLY like it number one, but, well, I do. So there.

>Thinly veiled rec thread.
Stop this shit. People can talk about what they like. That doesn't warrant you going autistic and scream "Rec thread", shithead.

ShinSekaiYori

Gurren Lagann
Based

My gentleman of afroamerican descent. Wish you didn't mean the English dub which you probably do. Nice dubs tho.

Attached: escaflowne.jpg (766x548, 121K)

one piece

Wow, Yea Forums's taste suddenly changes a lot when you add "without people judging you".

Attached: guts.jpg (400x400, 116K)

Probably Sora no Woto.

Because if your taste isn't super obscure or Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Yea Forums is going to say you're have bad taste, because it's Yea Forums and everyone's up their own asses here.
So having a thread where you can actually be honest, instead of hiding behind the mask of a hipster, is pretty nice.

Kill la Kill

Attached: 1521500063404.jpg (4102x2892, 1.71M)

Summer Wars.
I don't know why I would be ashamed of that.

I really love his character. throughout the entire series, he doesn't stop smiling, even when he's faced with doom he is smiling like a madman.

Attached: major.png (677x556, 658K)

I'm just surprised it has this much impact. Most of these shows would get you a "hi Yea Forums!!!!" reply if you said they were your fav...so why do so many people like it? Is it people shitting on other people for doing the same thing they do? Or does this thread just attract the kinda person who likes shows Yea Forums typically doesn't (so much)?

This is definently in my top 5.

Someone about a space highschool being it's own independant nation fighting off BLITZENDEGEN every week is funny. Also how the ending was that the good guys used the power of social media to expose the (not) jews.

10/10 would valvrape again

Attached: god_emperor_of_mankind_by_pheebus_dc7ctlp-pre.png (894x894, 621K)

>NGE still for me, but it's debatable. I also really like TTGL, Shinsekai Yori and a few more.
>but it's debatable. I also really like TTGL, Shinsekai Yori and a few more.
Gives it all away doesn't it
Just as a visual experience nothing beats it

Eva is just pretentious waifubait

HOW FAR TO PARADISE?
Yeah, Area 88 is actually a gorgeous show as the original OVA. It was on amazon prime a while back but only the dub iirc.

As far as recent aircraft anime go, Kotobuki was kind of moeshit but it was great too. The CG looks kinda crap but after the first few episodes where they mixed CG and 2D and it looked like barf the series really took off. Girly Air Force was pedestrian harem shenanigans which I’m usually fine with, but there wasn’t enough actual air combat action for my taste.

Attached: F452ADA0-5722-4801-A824-8B033CDDCC15.png (1280x720, 868K)

Space Patrol Luluco

Attached: 4324CD5C-6018-45C2-A71C-7C21C280D453.png (1200x720, 680K)

Code geass

Why can't you go back to /r/anime? No one wants to read dub posts like these, seriously.

Local user can't stand that someone has the audacity to like something he doesn't.

And it’s not quite as recent, but Sento Yousei Yukikaze is also excellent. It’s a pretty good show that doesn’t hold your hand in the slightest plotwise and has excellent air combat action scenes. This is an unsubtle recommendation, Yukikaze is my waifu and more people should watch her show.

Attached: CED0865C-207A-42CD-B894-E214641C7382.jpg (1024x768, 155K)

This is a board about Japanese animation, where people care about consuming their hobby in the least altered way possible. In fact, a lot of people here know Japanese to an extent or another and consuming things raw.
This isn't a place for you trash american dubbers. Try learning a new language in your life instead of spending your life on Netflix maybe.

Railgun
>laboratories at night, strangeness, style, jc staff's backgrounds, kuroko, the vending machine, the overload of first world problems
I would shitpost more in the general, but I don't read the LNs.

Attached: Btugm3GCQAAQv3m.jpg (600x675, 40K)

Some of us have jobs though.

So because you have a job you can't read subs or learn a new language? Burger normalshits are truly the most retarded people I swear.

Hey, I watch subs because they’re usually miles better. But yeah some people don’t want to consume the hobby at some kind of arbitrarily defined “master” level. It’s gatekeeping, which is pathetic for something as pedestrian as watching TV shows.

I wasn't making a "fair" or "resptectable" case, I'm simply vomiting on you pathetic scums who have been invading since board over the past years.
The same way you admit eating shit, I'm explaining to you that this is an eyesore.

My nigga.
Eureka 7 is my favorite anime despite the slow ass burn and bones never being able to pace if their life depends on it.

Attached: 1548194186356.jpg (1200x800, 226K)

Haibane Renmei to be completely honest. I love rewatching it every so often and discussing it as well. I don't really get judged too often for obvious reasons, only for it being "pretentious" and popular on Yea Forums. I have discovered it on my own long ago and didn't even know it was critically aclaimed until I came here.

Man, my bf bought the whole series on dvd and has been aggressively shilling it for years. I’ve never really been interested though, it seems incredibly boring if you’re not into it, like it will be a long slog to get all the interesting details because of the masterful organic way they’re presented. Or something.

I just wanna be ten again and watch this for the first time. it was so good, and finding out the lead voice actors were married was just icing on the cake

Attached: fc72595ca1f2b28b4f2b4a39cf6370fc1557261324_full.jpg (640x960, 224K)

Boondocks

Had me until the dub, way to ruin your own good taste.

Milky Holmes... third season

Well, I've heard people say the beginning is boring. To appreciate it, I guess you need to be curious about the world, love mysteries and being able to appreciate the atmosphere. I was immediately interested in what are the Haibane, what is the world they find themselves in, how did they end up there. I like analyzing things, connecting the dots and making my own theories.
I'd say give it a try, because the main story is easy to get, and it's a very relatable one - about finding your own place in the world, about overcoming your personal flaws, about redemption. But it offers great depth and complexity for anyone who wants to have all their questions answered.

Durarara

I don't have a very exciting answer, just the original Mobile Suit Gundam. It was Zeta for a long time but I came back around and decided I preferred the original.

Sampling bias. I usually don't participate in the shitflinging contests.
Chances are, some people in this thread are like that too.

I mean, I went into it knowing they probably committed suicide. So that kind of sapped my interest I guess.

Get fucked faggot

>Most of these shows would get you a "hi Yea Forums!!!!" reply
made by the minority of people. Most people don't give a fuck as long as the poster doesn't try to prove that Boruto and whatever is the best show ever.

K-On if I had to choose just one. But I have a solid handful that I consider to be just as good as it is, like Akira, FLCL, Eva and Totoro to name a few.

Gungrave.

Attached: 1557246666895.jpg (1920x1920, 368K)

Not knowing this detail beforehand definitely makes the final episode more impactful, but I don't think it's that significant to enjoy it overall. I guess it isn't a show for everyone, I could ignore all the objective qualities and it would still probably be one of my favorites, because it really connected with me on an emotional level. How well it sits with you emotionally really varies from one person to another.
How far did you get anyway?

Drifters was a fucking treat and I desire more of it.
As for absolute favorite I can never decide. Its a toss up with G Gundam, Garo The Animation, Symphogear season 1, and Asura's Wrath. Additionally I have a soft spot the Goblin Slayer manga.

why the fuck you guys keep spoiling shows for me outside their threads
aaaargh

I don't understand what's so bad about spoilers. Unless it's something that completely changes your viewing experience, like for example, the identity of the murderer, I don't really care. It's the journey that is usually important, not the destination.

Not him, but I think that what you know going into something heavily colours your experience

Been watching anime since the 90s, so top 3 personal choice by decades
90s - Cowboy Bebop, NGE, Utena
00s - FLCL, Hoshi no Koe, Honey and Clover
10s - AnoHana, Gundam Thunderbolt, Yuri on Ice

I guess I'm just less sensitive about it. I still don't know when it happens, why it happens, or even if it happens at all, because the spoiler might just as well be false. There definitely are spoilers that would change my experience, but for me, it's a small minority of those.

Yup. I wrote 70 pages about this in my senior year of college for Lit Theory (a Marxist analysis—the Haibane live in a kind of "Marxist paradise" you can read him as assuming existed before the human population became too large), got a special award from the department for the project, and didn't even feel like I scratched the surface of the stuff I wanted to say about Haibane Renmei. (I took the Marxist angle because it was the least interesting, and I needed to keep my page count down.) The show distills the experience of being birth, life, and death into a single mysterious whole.

Mock away if you wish, but know that people like me don't like the show because we're pretentious—we just really, really like it.

Attached: haibane001.jpg (660x700, 90K)

It does. But some studies imply that it actually increases your enjoyment of a narrative instead of diminishing it, as people would usually assume. (At least when it comes to short stories. The study I'm thinking of compared readers who had been given summaries before reading the actual stories to those who went into it without any knowledge. And while their rating of enjoyment was highly subjective, the trend went in favour of having been "spoiled".)

>write a paper about a Marxist paradise
>get a special award
This man knows how to play the game

>increases your enjoyment
That's up for me to decide though. If I want to get spoiled, I can do that, but I can't unspoil it.

That's fair, I just think a degree of consideration for people who think differently should be held by both parties. Use spoiler tags when talking about critical plot points, but also don't be upset if a show that's many years old is spoiled for you unintentionally. It's better for everyone

Yosuga no Sora

>marxist paradise
Now I might reconsider liking the show. Nah, all jokes aside, it's actually an interesting thought and a perspective I didn't consider. I honestly have no trouble believing you could write an award-winning essay on it. It's great people are still discussing this show and I look forward to seeing you in one of the threads.

wolfs rain
maybe its just because of when i watched, but it really hit home at the time

this is something which changes your viewing experience

Agree. Personally I try to be considerate and I'm not the one who usually posts spoilers.

I'd have to say Initial D. Because up to 3rd Stage, it's one of the greatest works of fiction about car culture ever made. Only Two Lane Blacktop comes close to capturing the loneliness and isolation of dedicating yourself to driving, and that movie didn't have any Eurobeat.
youtube.com/watch?v=BrLsWLVk084

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 32K)

>marxism
No wonder I hate it.

Attached: 39C483EB-6F61-44AA-8DFF-1B7CAF71EA3A.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

>That's up for me to decide though.
Sure. But you can't decide, because you'll only ever have one experience of a thing: Spoiled OR unspoiled. You can't ever directly measure them against one another.
The study did suggest that in the general case, people will enjoy something more if they have read spoilers.

>If I want to get spoiled
That's the thing though: What you want (or rather think you want) might not be what gives you the best experience.
Of course, forcing spoilers on you is not something anyone should do. But you could ponder whether, when it has already happened (like in here), that might actually not be too bad - or even beneficial.

gonna sound like a meme but genuinely Ping Pong
im not even an elitist, i didnt know it was well-regarded until way after id seen it and liked it. its just so tight in how it tells its story and expands on all the characters, and manages to make me care so much that the climax moments in the last few episodes hit so hard

What made you dislike it? I'm always interested in hearing other people's perspectives.

Beatless

It was mostly a meme, the show is excellent. I hate marxism almost as much as I hate fascism though.

>What you want (or rather think you want) might not be what gives you the best experience
Well maybe I don't want the best experience. Maybe I want the purest experience, the original one.

Oh, I knew that marxism was a joke, but I thought the dislike was genuine, sorry about that. I can definitely agree with you on the second part of your post.

Theres nothing wrong with fascism though.

this

PMMM + Rebellion (minus the end scene that producers forced into rebellion)

Attached: 35A5F388-421D-4E7A-965C-9F276E0C3808.jpg (1920x1080, 375K)

Fair point. Even though most people probably would want the best for themselves.

not that guy
In theory, but it looks like it never ends well. It's quite similar to communism in that regard. If I had to choose, I would pick fascism over communism, but I'd rather have neither.

quality choice

was gonna post this for the meme, but honestly great show. probably better than any anime out there

i know this thread isnt for judging, but you have shit taste. those arent even flawed gems, theyre just bad

nice choice, its a lot of fun even if the robot powers go way off the rails. the ending was nice too

OPM, its just such a good mix of comedy and action. way wittier than any straight comedy anime but still lets you enjoy those cool moments.
well, in S1 anyway.

why the fuck would you ever pick fascism over communism

fascism actually works.

It doesn't even successfully keep the elites in power. That's a hell of a failure if ever there was one.

Too many reasons and I don't really want to derail this thread. Let's say it's more about truly hating communism than liking fascism, I already said I prefer neither. I come from a post-communist country, by the way.

Ah, you niglets always come from a post-communist country.

Seeing it not-work in practice can really change your views.

And somehow nucommies always come from wealthy western countries.

The secret of blue water, despite the korean arc

Attached: Turquoise_21_008_009.jpg (1280x897, 222K)

>politics

This

That's not even remotely true, as ever there's a bunch of socialist movements in developing countries. A lot have moved on from marxist-leninism or whatever bullshit the Sovs were pushing, though, mostly because they no longer receive AKs for nodding their heads and drinking the vodka.
Nah, it's just myopia. You hate what you know, and don't know shit about what you don't know. That's why people like you hate communism above all else, even though it's not different to any other grand narrative.

Gad Guard

Unironically Evangelion. Nearly everything about it is perfect. Great kaiju designs, kick-ass mechs, very relatable characters (to me at least) - especially Shinji, still looks pretty good (I honestly don't think they'll ever make a mecha show as good looking as those of the pre-CG era ever again), mysticism that appeals to pseuds like me and a decent story to tie it all together. Also has the best OP ever made. There's a hundred things that would make it even better, but overall it's easily my favourite series.

Attached: Formation_of_the_Tree_of_Life.webm (853x480, 2.22M)

imagine if overlord writer was just tad bit more talented
imagine if anime was tad bit better
imagine if isekai quartet made better use of its characters in school setting rather than just doing school thing with them in it
>if u so smart do it urself user
man i wish i had audacity to produce jap like shlog and not feel like a shit, but sadly when it comes to self inserting, waifus, powerwanking and panderign to losers I depend on nips

Samurai Champloo is better than Cowboy Bebop.

Serial Experiments Lain

Attached: 1563944507143.png (666x886, 882K)

consistently think about how much I hate this show for an hour a week. and it's the only one I've dropped after 40eps just to drop it. my one and only most hated anime. don't even remember what's it about after all this years but all the people who talk on Yea Forums about how they like it then proceed to talk about how shit it is for several paragraphs and maybe sometimes mention only that the female lead was ok. imo she was a failed rei archetype and I remember liking her design at first but her cringe was unbearable. all I remember from that show is kids autistic drama in every episode

Attached: q1LLhG_q4TU.jpg (1017x768, 121K)

>it has flaws
>but phos is cute to make up for it
out of all the garbage around you feel bad about liking ONE of very very few WORK OF actual unvarnished QUALITY?
There's tons of shit works with top tier waifus, houseki no kuni is pure kino through and through.

It's close, I'll give you that. I still prefer CB though. Seatbelts > Nujabes.

i've watched about 200 anime before I've seen it many years ago. it was not my first choice to begin with.

Great man theory is legit. Bismarck, Peter the Great, the Five Good Emperors, Suleiman, etc. The few exceptional men in history shaped it all.

wait a moment there
do you like cuties with pixi hair because of her?
ot did you crushed on her hard cuz she's cutie rocking short hair

>Nah, it's just myopia. You hate what you know, and don't know shit about what you don't know.
Jesus, just stop already, you don't know absolutely anything about me. I'm very interested in politics and have been frequenting and regualrly discussing this on multiple dedicated forums including /pol/ for many years. I simply recognize it has nothing to do on Yea Forums and definitely doesn't belong in this particular thread. I already said I don't want to derail, so this shall be my last reply.

I do like Cowboy Bebop too. I agree that CB has a better OP. I think SC's ending is honestly the best song from either show though.

It's a great anime but I'd only give it an 8/10 myself, so I get why he'd say there are some flaws.

My ALL TIME fave is Stardust Crusaders. The all time greatest cast of bros, and my all time favourite villain in Dio. He just DRIPS charisma, and the build up to him was fucking outstanding, until they finally reveal The World.

Shoutout to LOGH though. Never seen a show like that

Then I am free to call you a nigger. Not just a nigger; but the niggerest nigger. A nigger of the highest water, as all slavs are. A true subhuman; in a world of anime-loving NEETs and failures, you manage to come out at the bottom.
Don't reply to me. I don't know how to block people on this website but I'm looking for a way now.

Honestly? Slam Dunk.

also you gotta remember most of anime and manga is prue shit, and we still enjoy it
ofc peopel will tell you your fav show is shit, because it probably is.
Do I enjoy isekai liek konosuba and overlord? Ye. Is writing of one fucked by popularity vote and panderign to pedos and other written by guy with no writting skill? Could anime adaptaion be better? Duh.

Gundam Wing
First anime and for some reason I just really, really love the Leo
zakus just don't cut it man

Lain. Nothing else even comes close besides maybe a few books but thats a big maybe. I'm always surprised it's not discussed really much at all (outside it's own forums) but NGE threads still show up on places like Yea Forums from time to time.

Attached: lain2.png (1920x1080, 996K)

What makes evangelion and gurren lagann such great mecha shows is that they are not mecha shows, not really.
Most mecha is bad panderign to very small and dying group of consumers ready to spend shitton of cash on their hobby. I'd take full metal panic over gundamshit.

Brigadoon is the greatest anime ever made. Oozes with passion and creativity, you can tell that the studio enjoyed what they were doing. One of the few 'looks like a children's show but it's actually fucked up' anime that's genuinely great outside of shock value. There'll never be anything like it ever again.

Attached: Brigadoon Marin to Melan 05 (BD 960x720 x265 Opus).mkv (00.12.28.998).jpg (960x720, 385K)

I thought Wing was alright, not the best and not the worst Gundam. Epyon is my favorite Mobile Suit ever though.

Full Metal Alchemist.
Not Brotherhood.

Attached: dante.jpg (600x450, 25K)

Fuck off, ironic weeb #10735.

Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure

LISTEN HERE, YOU MISERABLE WORMS!! WE, OF THE RARA ARMY, LAY CLAIM TO THIS THREAD

Attached: miss-ra-12672.jpg (400x615, 43K)

Eva isn't even good Yea Forums discussion. Lain is easy to talk about and there's so much to get into. Religious imagery, philosophy, cyberpunk themes, narrative structure, and so on and so forth. Eva is a fucking monster of the week with 14 year olds and a shitty Jewish ending.

based

Attached: Screenshot - 5_11_2019 , 11_32_21 AM.jpg (361x468, 52K)

08th MS team is objectively better
but my love for the Leo is irrational and unconditional
I just love me some giant mecha cyclops

The Leo is pretty cool but I gotta go with the Zaku. In general I'm a sucker for any Mobile Suit with the pink Zeon eye.

Lain or Katanagatari, cloe toss-up

Yea quotes like this from the creators really confirm how pseudo-intellectual Eva is desu.

"Because Christianity is an uncommon religion in Japan we thought it would be mysterious. None of the staff who worked on Eva are Christians. There is no actual Christian meaning to the show, we just thought the visual symbols of Christianity look cool."

It's quite disappointing just how small the actual community of people that have attempted to think about Lain's themes are. Even people that supposedly enjoy the show will often just shutdown when you try and talk about its ideas. I really don't think it's that out of reach...

Incredibly based
2003 was my childhood

Brother, I thought I was alone!

Saber Marionette J
It was the first anime I ever saw that I thought had the "complete package": characters, story, music, design, good OP/ED, and emotional engagement

Attached: 7657465.jpg (1029x772, 106K)

>centralizing government control over the economy
>purity testing the ingroup repeatedly, which makes you unable to find external allies
>fascism works
You lost to the commies, who didn’t even beat liberalism. And your white supremacist movements these days are retarded.
Public ownership of the means of production almost universally means the government administrating the economy. Because of the economic calculation problem, this makes it essentially impossible to plan an economy. Add to this the fact that you can’t know consumer preferences ahead of time and it becomes clear why socialism fails on its own merits. You don’t even have to look at the negative impacts of overcentralized power to see why, nor do you have to look at how it fails on any scale but the very smallest in reality.

Also the labor theory of value is a joke.
08th MS will always be my favorite gundam. Grunts are always cooler.

>Public ownership of the means of production almost universally means the government administrating the economy
based lobotomy-kun, what would we do without you
>Also the labor theory of value is a joke.
this is true though

clearly state-owned everything works to some extent, though. As much as quality of life in the Sovlands was pretty shit, they were a superpower for decades.

In no particular order

Hellsing Ultimate
Dragon Ball
Raildex (anime, manga, novels)
Bleach
Bakemonogatari

The tale of Princess Kaguya

Scryed

Have you seen Takahata's other movies?

I am probably going to be called pretentious, a hipster, or a giga boomer, but I really have felt nothing quite like Space Battleship Yamato

Underrated

Argento Soma. I doubt a single soul on Yea Forums has seen it, though.

Attached: [KaixeRho] Argento Soma - 04 [DVD][H264-AC3][3DEC23E1].mkv_snapshot_13.53_[2019.06.19_13.31.12].png (704x528, 764K)

I'm in my 20's and 4/5 of my top 5 are boomer shows.
I just can't help it, modern shows really don't capture sci-fi as well.

Konosuba

Same here unironically. A part of me wishes I could blame Gainax for it but it's not such a clear-cut issue.

Nobody talks about Lain because it lacks humanity and characters that people can relate to. The way it explores its themes is shallow compared to actual philosophical treatises on those subjects, so in essence it's just an arthouse show for when you want something pretty to look at. This is not a problem for Evangelion because all its lore and kabbalistic symbolism is just there to support the emotional conflict and exploration of its characters. Which is a way deeper - sorry for using this buzzword - topic than anything Lain offers desu.

Also, nothing can compete with mecha. Giant robots are just too cool.

Attached: 1563641550475.jpg (506x1024, 171K)

I have seen panda kopanda, pon poko (amazing movie) and tonari no yamada-kun

People shit on Anno for plenty of reasons but he fucking nails the autistic cuts to military hardware detailed in action, sci-fi or not.
The money shots at the end of Nadia made slogging through Africa worth it.

All the more reason why I blame Gainax. They had outstanding talent and wasted a lot of it into remaking Yamato, Gundam or Getter with different fancy names. Gunbuster is probably a lot less polished, but it introduced a different perspective and nuance that mecha did not have up until that point: the idea that you gotta work hard and train to be good at what you want to be good at.

That was no joke my 2001 AOTY.
But I really need to rewatch since I haven't since then and I've forgotten a lot.

>Saber Marionette J
I liked Saber Marionette R better.

TTGL
I don't even care if I'm judged. Watching the final battle is one of the few reasons I don't regret being born.

Attached: Pierce the heavens.gif (500x281, 991K)

Did you watch Getter Robo yet?

What’s your actual, workable model for public ownership of the means of production?

Sorcerer Hunter

Yeah, TTGL did it better. Hate me if you want.

Attached: utea_dex.jpg (314x625, 26K)

Evangelion. It's what actually got me into anime years ago, and I wish I could go back and watch it for the first time again.

TTGL is my favorite too. Episode 11 is the best one in my opinion.

Favorite anime, Evangelion. It helped me out when I needed something to try and understand myself. That introspective approach really is helpful to learn from and apply to yourself, even if it's just a starting point.
favorite manga is Naruto for similar reasons

Naruto + shippuden
Mostly because of nostalgia and emotional attachment but overall I still think it's one of the best battle shounen series out there.

HxH
NGE
Barakamon
Mob psycho 100
One piece

Favorite movies
Perfect blue
Koe no katachi

Attached: Favorite characters.jpg (640x639, 147K)

Hibikek Euphonium for me

FMA:B because I love traditional stories told well and a show that's a consistent 8-9/10 over 64 episodes means more to me than a few minutes of 11/10 Sakuga hype.
Also Al and Ed remind me of my little brother and I.

Attached: FMAB.jpg (1000x562, 238K)

The brother tropes in FMAB too stronk

Attached: iktf.png (1525x1071, 2.64M)

I love those movies.

>Favourite one
Tied between Ping Pong and Shinsekai Yori.
>guilty pleasure
Does Garo count? Otherwise it's Inferno Cop.

I forgot WIXOSS. Definitely WIXOSS as guilty pleasure.

You should probably have a three-digit watched count before picking favorites, anons.

akame ga kill

Attached: __esdeath_akame_ga_kill_drawn_by_sciamano240__sample-d42697bbbf72286b259cbc5bc9b3ba3d.jpg (850x1190, 197K)

Does anyone like AGK for non-femdom reasons?

As much as people always like to bring up how much Gurren Lagann took from Getter Robo I think the main reason I like Gurren Lagann more is how much better the characters are. Like don't get me wrong the Getter boys are cool dudes but I never really thought any of them were especially interesting or fun to watch outside of when they're massacring giant dinosaurs or something. The side characters don't usually amount to much either outside of like Texas Mack. All that being said Getter is still pretty rad, especially Go and the two series after that where the story gets way more interesting and Ishikawa's art hits god-level status.

Attached: SGR.jpg (1200x855, 337K)

Sousei no Aquarion
Took 10 years for a sequel (evol) that wasnt even really a sequel more of just a nostalgia cash grab. Still havent even touched logos

No. AGK has no story, no characters, and no world-building, only Femdom.

code geass

This is part of my as of now unfinshed 3 by 3.
I'm too lazy to put images in, but it contains:
Nanaka 6/17
Popotan
Sora no Woto
Yuri Kuma Arashi
Area 88
Ragnarok The Animation
Mahoromatic
Dominion Tank Police (The one from the 80s)

Attached: Mini 3x3.png (1050x1050, 1.61M)

Has anybody read the spinoff prequel manga?

What's your problem with Shinsekai Yori?

It's a shame nobody has mentioned Lupin yet

Attached: the gang5.png (1484x1080, 3.33M)

Hidamari Sketch a very close second.

Attached: nyo.jpg (718x480, 74K)

How can a glorified commercial be so good
It's not fair

Yeah I'm not into femdom, I guess that explains why I wasn't very into the show.

Patrician taste

Based

Samurai Flamenco unironically

Unironically Darker than Black season 2

Bullshit. The characters are what make it.
Even people who genuinely hate it hate it for its characters. And it literally has NO femdom whatsoever.
Why can't people at least read it before they start making up stupid memes?

>Has anybody read the spinoff prequel manga?
Which one? There are two. AgK Zero was pretty great. I found it in large parts more enjoyable than the main manga.

I mean I get that it was basically one giant advert for pizza. but I really like the idea of an alt universe where mary queen of scots succeeded and elizabeth fled to america to make a brand new britain.

I've watched other shows that are literally toy commercials and they're often fun for whatever reason, or maybe I just have shit taste. Di Gi Charat is on another level though.

Attached: Fushigiboshi.no.Futagohime.full.1401989.jpg (1280x1024, 489K)

Katanagatari

The bland, one-note characters exist SOLELY to aggressively try to illicit sympathy from the audience for their allotted arc, die, and make everyone sad. Any scrap of personality anyone has is given them only in order to try and tug at people’s hearstrings, never in the interest of developing an actual character.

Patlabor

Attached: 1562858719748.jpg (2404x703, 882K)

You sound like a MAL zoomer who watches shit shows at 2x speed to get e peen points faster.

based beyond belief

I like Lupin, but it feels really inconsistent to me.

>bland, one-note characters
Except they aren't. Not anymore than in your average manga. They all have their motivations and moral codes, and the narrative spends most of its time going into those. People just hate it for being "edgy", or because their favourite (Esdese) didn't win.
I'm not even that big a fan, but it was a solid piece of entertainment that gets far more flak than most other manga or anime (that generally have way worse writing).

Fewer*

it's donkey shit

Attached: Madokaflip.png (1200x1200, 879K)

>Not anymore than in your average manga
So it's an average manga then?

Clannad

I also don't understand this meme. Even though it has its flaws, I rarely see a valid criticism of any kind.

Underrated

Elaborate as expected.

Nichibros

Attached: tumblr_mqaor6POBr1svn9hfo1_500.gif (500x281, 1014K)

I'll apologize in advance. Digibro's video on it was pretty good.

Ironically the best piece of music in the whole franchise, named "Brothers" in Russian, is not in Brotherhood.
youtube.com/watch?v=uwzAEwzUI8k

Attached: 156157868522.jpg (313x220, 12K)

So like every mech show then stupid redditor talking out of his ass

>I like Gurren Lagann more is how much better the characters are
Gurren Lagann characters were very shallow though, they just spouted their memes/catch phrase really hard so you remember them more like a commercial.

This scene triggered lots of people.

Attached: shinsekai_yori_-_08.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

the visual direction sucks, the soundtrack sucks, the worldbuilding is incomprehensible dribble. The main character has no agency whatsoever and is only a field camera for the audience to watch the plot unfold.

>So it's an average manga then?
No, it's slightly above average. It does a lot of things right and very little wrong. And it does have nice visuals as well.
A good number of very popular manga are much worse in both regards. (Not naming any here, as this thread should mainly be positive, but the obvious examples are obvious.)

Gundam 00

I really can't pick one favorite, but my "fuck you i liked it" is definitely Samurai 7

It was incredibly shallow. So much so that I was too annoyed by the blatantly choreographed “make the audience sad” parts to actually be sad about them. Sadness and tragedy come, in large part, from a tragic situation that was unexpected or avoidable. In AGK, every tragic event was both predictable and unavoidable.

>cites zero evidence
Opinion discarded

I kinda agree with your statement that it lacks characters people can relate to but I think that will only grow more untrue as the 21st century progresses. The main reason people can't relate to characters in Lain is because it talks about issues and personalities that are not seen often in the present but will only become more prevalent in the future. As society becomes more and more technologically centered Lain becomes more and more relevant. If it was released in like 2025 it would be worshiped (moreso than it is today). I personally connected with many of the characters in Lain to an extreme degree. (Taro is underrated af)

Alright. I don't agree with you as I enjoyed most parts of the show (especially the soundtrack and the worldbuilding), but your opinion is more valid than "hurr durr gay kiss".

The evidence is AGK you retard. It behaves the same as the Walking Dead. Characters linger in the background until, at one point, they are given lots of attention, a backstory, and are then promptly killed. Anyone with a double digit IQ could predict this pattern, because the mangaka made no attempt to hide it.

This. Also
>Every mission they split up or go in understrength
I just knew everyone was going to die when I figured out how the model worked. At that point I stopped caring about the characters. The show is edgy trash, though I've heard the manga is way better.

Pure bullshit. You obviously went into it trying to find flaws and still had to insert them yourself.
Of course you don't care for the characters if you just read it to shitpost about it on imageboards.

>both predictable and unavoidable
Like?

i want to like rebellion but i think it conflicts too strongly with the narrative themes of TV madoka
maybe i just need to rewatch,

Attached: 1554043696662.gif (360x360, 1000K)

The Gundam meisters in 00 Gundam are super hot.Especially Lock-On.

>I just knew everyone was going to die
Well, seems you missed that not everyone died, retard. Neither on the heroes' side, nor on the villains'.
And, yes, the manga is better. Which doesn't mean the anime is bad.

I think Castle of Calliastro is an almost perfect movie that anyone can watch.

Lupin might be my favorite fictional character as well but the series overall is all over the place in quality

This

This anime is solid form start to finish, no matter how much you try to nitpick or contrarian.

Attached: Hunter_×_Hunter_2011_logo.png (200x86, 22K)

Onizuka.

I saw it was pretty popular one season, at had a well-endowed cat lady, so I decided to watch. I went into it with no preconceived notions. It is just objectively lazy in many regards.

>Like?
Every member of Night Raid going on a mission with MC and then getting martyred until literally every single member save for 1 (2 technically counting the boss, but she wasn’t really a combatant) was brutally murdered.

Gundam 00 OP 2 is my favorite OP ever. OP 4 is pretty high up there as well.

I think parts 1 and 3 are pretty thoroughly good

Eva is way more basic than Lain. Almost anyone can relate to Shinji's teen feelings of being hurr durr I'm depressed or Asuka being hurr I'm so insecure (Even Rin is written with more nuance than her and she came from an eroge). Then you add in how often they sexualize the characters plus having most conflicts resolve around fights to distract the viewer with even more base stimulation, it makes sense why it's more popular with your average joe.

Macross or Hellsing ultimate. I would rather choose a favorite for each genre and demography.

Hellsing Ultimate was really, really good, nice pick

Lain is about as deep as the Matrix sequels.

>Characters linger in the background until, at one point, they are given lots of attention, a backstory, and are then promptly killed.
You mean like Mein, Wave, Najenda Kurome and Akame herself? Oh, wait, those didn't die, despite getting their flashbacks.
Then how about most villains, but most notably Esdese, and Leone? Oh, wait, those had their backstories revealed over the course of the narrative as a whole and big parts in it.

MAybe try to be less reductionist. Your "model" applies to a handful of characters at most and misses the point of a large majority of them.

Right, some characters are introduced and killed, others are introduced, hang out for a bit, and then get killed. Deep shit.

my niggers

youtu.be/gDLJxgobpdY

hikaru no go

Trigun.

>Every member of Night Raid going on a mission with MC
How was any of that unavoidable? Chelsea's was clearly avoidable, but an oversight on her part. Lubbok gettting captured could have been avoided. Leone practically sacrificed herself, knowing what she was getting into.
Also, no, more than one or two characters survived. Even within Night Raid itself, depending on whether we're talking about the anime or the manga.

Agreed but that's a small chunk of a giant franchise. I suppose you could count each part separately though as I think it was different studios

Evangelion in its entirity and cherry pickings from naruto.

Trigun is one of the best anime of the 90s

Forever

Attached: 1513655035214.jpg (426x590, 154K)

We get it, you don't understand Lain. Join the club

Except that most of the characters I named in that post DON'T get killed at all. Are you just pretending to be this stupid?

Most of the characters that got introduced mid-story and then died at some point are minor antagonists. Which is to be expected from any kind of action manga.
The only ones who break that mold are Chelsea and Susanoo.

It was unavoidable because the fromula of martyring all the characters was so evident, that everyone knew that the whole Night Raid crew was going to die. I personally knew very early on, and as a result didn’t feel anything when characters died, because I saw it coming from a mile away. Their deaths meant nothing because no one wants to get invested in dead men walking.

meant as a reply to

Pico x Coco x Chico
the plot is great
wordbuilding is great
characters are great
soundtrack is great
and those masterpiece level visuals...
dayumn

sidonia

>It was unavoidable because the fromula of martyring all the characters was so evident,
That's not what "unavoidable means". You are also ignoring, again, that not every (named) member of Night Raid died. In fact, over a third of them survived.

I, uh, don't see why a manga you'd call "slightly above average" would be your favourite.

>it conflicts too strongly with the narrative themes of TV madoka
>maybe i just need to rewatch
Yes, you definitely need a rewatch. Everything in Rebellion either aligns perfectly with the original, or serves as a sort of counter-argument. Instead of trying to think of the series and Rebellion as a single work, which may be slightly incoherent, think of the original series as an exploration of Madoka's character, and of Rebellion as an exploration of Homura, and try to understand how they complete each other.

Ojamajo Doremi

Attached: 1540251357342.jpg (848x480, 253K)

Yu Yu Hakusho

for me either TTGL because that kind of hype and awesome style just blew me away like pretty much no other anime I've yet seen, or LWA because even though it was very flawed in the second half and honestly just needed a rework of the "serious" plot it came together at the end as something that made me happier and more doki doki no waku waku than any other anime I've seen

Attached: 1504643987445.jpg (844x476, 92K)

>I, uh, don't see why a manga you'd call "slightly above average" would be your favourite.
It isn't my favourite. The guy who stated that was another user. I just hate how much shitposting it gets, as is also evident from people in this thread, once again, ignoring all the facts so they can hate on it for made-up reasons.

based

Part 1 Naruto

Cowboy bebop.

Having every episode be it's own short story, but also teasing bits of the characters past to keep you invested.

Kungfu and guns and good music and stories of love lost.

My favorite by far is TTGL
I always wanted a good father figure so I really looked up to Kamina; he is everything that I wanted to be growing up.

Attached: bestlove.jpg (1920x768, 270K)

>dubbed
Must be the setting as usual, I hear dubfags care so much about that.

are you really bragging about that? pathetic

Yup

>could have been great
>unironically hyped
>it's shit
Every fucking time. At least we got best girl, too bad she's forever stuck in a shit anime. If Troyca had any brains they would make a mystery spinoff with her as the main character.

Attached: shark lies.webm (960x540, 1.51M)

Easily one of my favorite anime. It's code geass done right.
>tfw it will never get s2.

Attached: Legend of Legendary Heroes.jpg (1200x750, 255K)

Eureka Seven and TTGL are only alike in that they both have robots.

TTGL is a manly story with a huge focus on combat.
Eureka Seven has combat, but it is more of a vehicle to advance the plot rather than being the focus; the focus is the relationship between Renton and Eureka, and Renton's attempts to become accepted as a member of the Gekkostate in order to get closer to Eureka.

I've heard more people compare Eureka Seven to Evangelion if anything, with parallels between Rei and Eureka.

I really do like(love) most of the regulars posted. But I can't choose anything but Ashita no Joe. Don't give a fuck how uninspired or pretentious my pick is.
Also:
this too, DB is top comfy, I made my roommate (normie/not in to anime) watch it for the first time this year. Now I he doesn't want to get on with the story, just watch DB all over again.
hey, I see your post and I support it.

Based and Redlinepilled. I have unironically rewatched the entire anime at least 4 times from start to finish not even skipping filler (except for most of impel down because fuck that garbage arc.)

Attached: Luffy & Drake.png (920x617, 466K)

Yep, literally dropped it at that precise moment. Also, the fanbase was fucking insufferable. This was back when I use to like to discuss each episode with people on certain forums. That is when I grew to despise yuri/yaoi niggers with all my heart.

It is nowhere near the main point of the show, it only shows just how degenerate that whole distopia is. Judging something based on its fanbase is also pretty retarded to be honest.

You don't have to look very hard to find immersion-destroying problems with the show.

Attached: misasmug.png (561x590, 504K)

I did not drop it exactly because it jumped the shark with the gay shit. I was already pretty bored from the previous episodes. The fanbase being annoying as fuck didn't really drive me to want to move past that point.

it still is eva
its one of the few shows that i have come back to rewatch it more than 1 time
>inb4 faggot elitist / newfag
literally dont care, i have been shitposting in eva threads before you even knew about this shitty board

Darker than Black.

Attached: 1560141246046.gif (500x320, 148K)

bullshit
there have been certain individuals that have influenced massive events, but the overwhelming direction of history is decided by things like economics and a million other tiny influencing factors.

You didn't miss much in the way of worthwhile animation or interesting plot developments.

I love Overlord so much but there is no way in hell Overlord will get a satisfying ending. Bad endings can ruin manga and anime for me, I want to continue to love Overlord.

Attached: I_am_the_resurrection_and_the_life._The_one_who_believes_in_me_will_live_even_though_they_die_and_wh (499x652, 114K)

flcl, i cant explain how much or why i love this show so much.

Attached: flcl.jpg (1000x1426, 1019K)

watch more anime before posting here

Come on, it's bad, but not even remotely as bad as shit like One Piece or Naruto, which other people in here named as their favourites, but didn't get any reaction like yours for.

Utena didn't feel pretentious or anything. I binged it in a day just because I loved the characters so much.

One Piece

it's been years and i never saw anything even close to what this was attempting to do and succeeded at
youtube.com/watch?v=iOrkj_MFXm8

Attached: detective loli.jpg (1280x720, 179K)

>not believing in great man theory
Imagine being such a pathetic omega human that you don't believe one person can change the world. I'd like to see what this cuck looks like in person.

Shit bait try harder

These are just the most incredibly mediocre fucking picks man. I like to think the shonen shit is nostalgia speaking.

It's anime adaption is shit but Gash Bell

Attached: gash04l.jpg (1024x768, 362K)

You can watch every anime in existence and still have some shit tier pleb anime as you're favorite.

>One Piece
>Shit
*dabs*

Attached: One_Piece_Oda_Record_Guinness.jpg (966x1199, 318K)

early one piece anime was genuinely good and honestly holds up to this day in some regards
youtube.com/watch?v=54dp8ucsGG8

Case in point: One Piece shitters are the worst.
And now, let's stop attacking other people's tastes.

This big time. Also CCS

Attached: 1552435316697.png (454x693, 456K)

The new arc is actually getting top tier animation from Toei. Thanks to the director from the Broly movie working on Wano arc. This might be the first time since Sabody that One Piece actually had half-decent animation.

youtube.com/watch?v=-ry07Vglep0

rent free.

Attached: One Piece suave.gif (360x270, 871K)

One Piece has been around a long time and has peaks and canyons. The new animation style looks great and WCI was pretty good so I'd say we are nearing another peak
youtu.be/fGMa7p1l2ls

>rent free.
Only trolls like you would ever take pride in that.

All manga and anime discussion is the domain on One Piece Chads take your little rip off Naruto back to argue with the HxHfags.

Isn't Hunter x Hunter unfinished

Based af

Attached: Luffy Pacha.jpg (555x609, 53K)

not the ones you responded to, but they responded to a guy insulting their tastes

i've been holding off watching the anime since mid wholecake and been meaning to watch it since i heard good things about it but i got so much to catch to now i feel like i'm starting one piece all over again

>it's been on hiatus for so long people think it's finished
you can't make this shit up

Attached: reverse.png (248x380, 70K)

>mfw not a single Diamond No Ace boy in this thread
I understand a lot of people don't like sports manga/anime but some people just won't even touch a show if its related to sports. Just give it a try please it has a great story.

also Tsuki ga Kirei is one of the best romance animes as of recently

Attached: file.png (484x382, 244K)

>got so much to catch to now i feel like i'm starting one piece all over again
Never a bad thing. Whole cake Island is pretty fucking great near the end. The animation went from shit to great for a few episodes. Sadly, the Reverie arc is pretty terrible thanks to tons of flashback filler. The few Wano episodes out so far have been pretty amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=ReCwO5rEpx8

Attached: One Piece - Luffy vs Katakuri.webm (532x300, 2.88M)

madoka

Attached: 1490377795284.gif (275x275, 96K)

Never watched Diamond No Ace but I really enjoyed One Outs for what it's worth.

I've always been interested in one piece but I watched the first episode 7 years ago and didn't like the dub voice actor (only watched dub then) and have never tried to pick it up since. Can you explain to me the main goal of one piece since it has 894 episodes.

>but they responded to a guy insulting their tastes
As a response to someone insulting tastes unporvoked. See, that's where that leads. And I maintain that One Piece and Naruto are easily worse than Boku no Hero.

>take your little rip off Naruto back to argue with the HxHfags.
Learn to read:
>shit like One Piece or Naruto
What makes you think anyone who dislikes One Piece would like Naruto? They are basically the same trite shit.

>Can you explain to me the main goal of one piece since it has 894 episodes.
Earning lots of money without effort by dragging out a non-story over multiple repetitive arcs.

Mostly adventures revolving aroung rescuing whatever character needs to rescued in that arc,and later on it apparently takes a political turn with the revolutionaries but I haven't gotten that far yet.

>never a bad thing
i honestly agree, i rewatched the anime 3-4 times in my youth before actually starting the manga, back when there were roughly ~300-400 episodes or so and started reading roughly around the start of thriller bark
maybe that's why i hold old piece in such high regard, there's a certain magic missing from the newer episodes, at least imo

pic related
youtube.com/watch?v=JY10sZvZv9I

Attached: 1560685118951.png (500x501, 90K)

Madoka is possibly the best anime of the decade

shit wrong video, meant to link this without the annoying music edited in
youtube.com/watch?v=9Dusb9BuBac

>dub
That was your first mistake. I'm not even shitting on dubs to be an elitist. It's just that in One Piece's case they are objectively inferior to the sub. Half the reason to watch the anime is for the superb voice cast in the Jap version.

If you want a quick rundown. One Piece is an adventure/comedy/action manga that spans a shitload of chapters for the sake of Luffy's dream of becoming Pirate King and obtaining One Piece. Nobody knows what the One Piece, except that it exists (and no it is not the friends you made along the way *confirmed by Oda*). A lot of the reason that people get hooked on the series is because of the main cast and their chemistry together. The focus of the show isn't entire on Luffy but the Straw Hats themselves and the manga does a great job of fleshing out the characters and making you care about them.

If you are interested in the series. I would read that manga at least until Arlong Park. You could watch it but the anime moves at a slightly slower pace. If it doesn't really do anything for you by then, it probably isn't for you. I have yet to meet someone who has genuinely hated One Piece even after reading/watching up to Arlong. I've met people who couldn't get into it but still admit that it is a good manga. All said, the quality has dropped a bit over the years but it has it's peaks. The last two arcs have been pretty good so far.

Attached: one piece genderswap.png (677x684, 375K)

Darker than Black S1. I know it's flawed, but I still enjoy it more than any other show.

Stop acting like everyone must like your favourite anime just because it's popular.

well, it doesn't end. the anime was never finished. trust me, your enjoyment is the exact same. that ending is a bit of a gag anyway. satisfying enough for a harem anime.

I grew up with CCS in spicland. It was so different and creative you understand why it's still popular to this day.

PsychoーPass
Gen's stuff has gotten too tame over the years though. Like, S2 of aldnoa was bad, like shounen level. i miss stuff like saya no uta.

Attached: 3483c812dc2b5317abb6fb63303ed658.jpg (584x329, 34K)

bolshevik out

i agree with this user
try harder

you're arguing with a retard, it's not worth it. great man theory is widely considered idiotic. it's like arguing with someone that doesn't believe in climate change, just greenhouse gas them instead.

Naruto classic and shippuden.

How many times have you watched all the way through your favorite anime?

About 3 - 5 times (TTGL)

Same thing goes for me; I just felt so excited and had such fun watching it and I'm not even sure why it clicked with me so well. At first I didn't even like it that much, but after the bat episode it became an all time favorite.

kemono friends

The Moomins.

Attached: snufkin and moomin.jpg (500x374, 42K)

You mean some retarded manchild who doesn't know what the fuck he's doing but gets by thanks to nonsense plot and putting up a tough guy front.

Isn't that show Finnish?

no, its still going on

The books and comics, yes, but the animated show was anime. It had some really good VAs as well. Snufkin was Dio for example.

Tie between HxH and Pripara, would say HxH has a slight edge most likely.

didn't know that, thanks

This guy was bullshitting by the way. Both the books and the anime are long over.

Ayyyyy

>Bad endings can ruin manga and anime for me
well luckily for us overlord fans it's not going to have an actual engine

Alright, I guess I would have found that out eventually, I was only interested in the country of origin anyway.

Evangelion and its not even close. Nothing past 2006 is even in my Top 20.

Lmao

>old thing good new thing bad

Last Exile

a toss up between this and Mononoke

Attached: 5481417_p0.jpg (800x563, 445K)

bait

Forever and always Girls und Panzer

Attached: tank bullies.gif (640x360, 1.5M)

It isn't bait. I'm not attacking Cowboy Bebop either.

Hellsing Ultimate

Attached: 73049373_p0.jpg (1600x1143, 473K)

Amazing choice user

Hajime no Ippo, the first season in isolation from all the bullshit afterwards.

Attached: ippo.jpg (1017x785, 136K)

Gintama, I know there is better shit but I just enjoying watching it too much

Probably NGE, although I think of it as 8/10

The live action mushi-shi

Attached: mushishi.jpg (316x445, 34K)

Diebuster although I do think that Gunbuster is still better.

best boy

Attached: zatch_bell_.png (900x636, 315K)

Lupin III. All of it. Don't care that it's not cohesive, don't care that there's stuff that's better in every way, nothing appeals to me like Lupin. He's my go to depression killer and for the brief times he's on my TV I feel truly happy. I'm glad knowing some anons share that feeling to some degree too.

Galaxy Express 999

Attached: GE999.jpg (1000x600, 94K)

based
the best part about flcl is that its so concise you can watch it over and over and over without having to sift through mediocre moments. it's two hours of pure entertainment.

End of Eva no contest and I doubt it'll ever change

Shin Sekai Yori despite the homo shit which is plot relevant so I don't know why all the hate

>Initial D
First stage is comfy as hell.

Attached: shingo pepe.png (624x581, 68K)

You're really going to say fate shit is better written than eva? Get the fuck out of here, all rin does is get fucked in the ass by shiro

Girls und Panzer with Gochiusa as a close second

Attached: 1562485011836.jpg (1200x1200, 187K)

Battle of the Planets
*sips*

Based

Chuunibyou

Attached: 1368226940910.gif (450x425, 516K)

never heard of it
what's it about?

pic related

Attached: TheEndingWasNOTChanged.png (1200x1902, 1.27M)

Season one of index, I have to ignore even the source material for that, but still to this day.

Attached: PJaivJz.jpg (315x450, 67K)

A team of 5 people guided by an organization beats up villains and aloens from another organization.
The heroes are kind of like old batman in terms of powers and the general mood is that of '90s and 2000s superhero villain of the week cartoons and I love it

How can you love Utena when the characters are so freaking irritating? I can't stand that traitorous bitch Anthy and the fact that Utena was so dumb and didn't see it.

>I can't stand that traitorous bitch Anthy
You don't have to love all characters to appreciate the work they are in. I'd even argue that a good story should have a few characters that have the potential to be "antagonized" by the reader/viewer.

FPBP

As far as Series go Outlaw Star
As far as movies Princess Mononoke

Huner x Hunter (2011)

Code Geass. Whatever flaws it has, it makes up for in flamboyant theatrics and a perfect ending. It's pure entertainment that never feels cheap.

Attached: Code Geass R2 Episode 11 - Power of Passion.mkv_snapshot_17.47_[2014.10.04_18.38.56].jpg (1280x720, 58K)

what are you talking about, seeing everything in lains life become a mess and her being weird and seemingly confused about everything going on made me sympathize a lot with her. the ending almost had me shed a tear

Hunter x Hunter

Haibane Renmei

I really hate lain
I mean, I hate most arthouse shit, but the ones that are unduly worshipped especially

that's cool but why did you have to announce that you have shit taste to everyone?

kill la kill

to draw out retards like you with even worse taste

Angel Beats

Baccano

I love 'em all because of their flaws, not in spite of them. Nanami is unironically one of my toppest tier waifus.
Utena's a dud, though, until like the last ten episodes.

No, this is.
youtu.be/IlMHcozvioc

>Space Dandy
Impeccable taste

Attached: U are a man of integrity just like me.png (640x478, 431K)

>Eva is a fucking monster of the week
That's the only redeeming factor tho

the flamencult lives

Attached: (G_P) Giant Robo 02(720p 10-bit)(FFA04CAE).mkv_snapshot_35.59_[2018.06.06_08.39.25].png (976x720, 861K)

Kyon-kun Denwa!

Bobby's In Deep

Attached: bobby (4).webm (694x394, 2.61M)

Kaiji

Madoka Magica, it made me feel things and i to date can rewatch it without it getting boring or its impact weakening.

Anything made by Satoshi Kon.
If I have to choose one... I cant.

Anime Trigun
Manga One Piece or Dragon Ball Z.

Eva. Killing Bites is a recent personal fav.

Attached: 1559869677993.gif (500x280, 2.55M)

Kara no kyoukai.
Watched it like ten times.

SnK or rokka no yuusha

Attached: 1563425034513.jpg (1817x1200, 493K)

Prefer the 2001 adaptation of Hellsing despite the inconsistent animation and weird story direction when they ran out of stuff to adapt.

Music was god tier, had tons of atmosphere, lots of operating operationally, and was generally just cool.

Got to see Hellsing as an effective fighting unit, rather than Alucard just killing everything all the time. Made the mansion attack more impactful though they couldve used a few more episodes to develop the mooks. Nice to see Hellsing held back by British government incompetence too.

90% sure whoever was doing the writing for TV was a big fan of Vampire the Masquerade, had the demon Set in London and everything.

Attached: Hellsing.png (1024x545, 414K)

Code Geass, Always will be.
My first proper anime not counting stuff like Yugioh and Pokemon.
I was just so blown away by how entertaining it was with the great music and voice acting it had.
I kept craving more and more, I'm so glad it was my first.

Attached: 1546792132075.jpg (400x400, 35K)

Code Geass was okay Although I wasn't in high school so I'm obviously older and more experienced than you, thus I don't get a kick out of calling something "stupid" when anime is full of such things.

DESU, that show was more like a relatively lighthearted version of Berserk. Things get dark and betrayals happen, but not that dark.

Not too bad, I'd say, but I don't know what happens in the manga or novels.

Outlaw Star, Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple, Stand Alone Complex series for me.

Came here to lost this. Didn’t expect it to be already posted.

SZS

Violet Evergarden. I got a lot of mileage out of a story about a broken blonde retard struggling to find her own place in the world.

based. hyouka underrated af.

>Girls' last tour.
Only flaw is that it didn't cover the last two volumes of the manga. Maybe for the better though. The finale had me depressed for over a year. Thinking about still makes me sad. Despite that, would love for an ova or something about the finale to be released.
Kill me

Attached: 96a46806129a12b537ea0d421b1ac552.png (1080x1440, 1.37M)

Texhnolyze

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 214K)

TTGL or Steins Gate. I love both. I also love Welcome to the NHK but it made me really depressed.

Baccano

Same. FMA:B is a great show and even the recap episode gave some extra characterization to Hohenheim which is smart. Not a single episode did I really get bored, I think I enjoyed each one.

Second OP was also the best OP
youtube.com/watch?v=iOsN2FP3-l4

Attached: 1532535972818.gif (600x600, 828K)

kill yourself tripnigger

>Didn't expect it to be already posted
I wish it wasn't forgotten.

Attached: Brigadoon Marin to Melan 09 (BD 960x720 x265 Opus)-[18.25.563-18.44.957].webm (960x720, 2.2M)

based Bleach chads

imagine being so fucking stupid that you still don't understand how to force global anonymous in 2019

Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales episode 9-11
Mononoke

Macross 7, despite its mountain of flaws.

Attached: 1485234422904.jpg (1440x1080, 251K)

yamato 2199, nothing else i'll enjoy quite as much

My favorite FMA:B OP was 1.

Bokumachi.
The most relatable anime i've ever watched

Attached: images (1).jpg (225x350, 13K)

I miss Killing Bites.

something literally everyone forgot

Attached: 766097969-.png (950x538, 291K)

I'd say Princess Resurrection.

Attached: princess-resurrection-princess-resurrection-22245336-458-500.jpg (458x500, 170K)

You will not be allowed to leave this thread until you tell me your favorite girl and your favorite song.
For me it's Sivil and Light The Light.

I haven't seen this in many years.
I don't think it's worth the rewatch.

Attached: SONOFBITCHES.jpg (1721x1079, 153K)

Schwarzesmarken

dragon ball

Nice

Is that Bakemonogatari? I thought Yea Forums hated that?

Slayers.
It has the vibe of adventure, silly comedy tropes, "shit's getting serious" moments, memorable characters (including one of the most entertaining "edgy" guy), and it reminds you that if you don't give up, you wil make it.

Judgme if you want.

Attached: c8a4523c284ad264dcfcebdb737f40e51540016771_full.jpg (640x804, 266K)