Was entrusting him to do anything what ultimately led to Light getting caught?

Was entrusting him to do anything what ultimately led to Light getting caught?

Also DN general I suppose.

Attached: teru-mikami-1353.jpg (260x380, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gwern.net/Death-Note-Anonymity
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not sure about ultimately but it definitely was a massive mistake. Never trust someone to do something exactly like you would do. Mikami would slip up eventually (and he did).

Light was gonna get caught regardless, so no, but he did expedite the process.

It was easily his biggest fuck up.

I'd argue that light using police information in the first half of the series was what ultimately led him to getting caught. Based on the timing of the killings L guessed that light was a Japanese student, and light changing his methods as soon as the police suspect anything indicated he had access to police info, which is a super small group of people. Really light could have just minded his own fucking business and ignored the investigations into him and L/the police would never have gotten beyond "Japanese student."

That's actually a good point. Kinda like how guilty people give off signs that they're guilty. Light could have just continued doing what he was doing and who would've been able to get evidence on him? His guiltiness made him get deeper into trouble in order to destroy threats.

>Light hears his dad read Mello's real name out loud through the headset
>DAD DON'T DIE ON ME! YOU HAVE TO WRITE MELLO'S NAME IN THE DEATH NOTE FIRST! TELL ME! WHAT WAS HIS REAL NAME! QUICK BEFORE YOU DIE

Since this is a general, say the Netfarce movie wasn't able to land Dafoe as Ryuk, who else could have played him?

Attached: oveoxlmp00ny.png (1920x1080, 638K)

Anthony Hopkins. Anthony Hopkins can play anything.

All he had to do was keep a spare sheet, and Kira would've won.

Robert Englund, especially if he's doing Ryuk in a fashion similar to Final Nightmare Freddy.

Pictured here, we have the moment where it all went to shit for Light

Fucking retard got baited.

Attached: Lind.jpg (562x395, 104K)

>Top student of all Japan
>fails to this bait
truly Japan has no hope at all.

Light getting caught was entirely the author not like how the fans were cheering for Light.

Then maybe he shouldn't have had a goal people generally agree with.

He made his biggest mistakes at the start, where he was really stupid, gave away that he was in Japan, in Kanto and likely a student all of which could have been avoided by timing the deaths

See

on the flipside he wanted to be sure that he was not falling for false info released by th epolice to trick him

>general

So forever ago in a what if scenario thread I asked what if Light never killed Naomi but managed to somehow sway her to his side, never did check back for an answer.

Actually his mistake (and mikami's by extension) was doing exactly as he would do. Light was first caught because he was too methodical and L easily found a pattern, and the same shit happened with Mikami.
Despite all the bitching, Misa helped him a lot because she clashed with all the theories L had and made it harder to read Kira.

He has to have seen his real face. Basic shit retard.

Yeah, he wasn't really "in gamemode" in episode one.

He didn't even know he could do that so I give him that one, but falling for the most obvious bait is huge. Even if he wanted to tell the police that he went afraid, he shpuld have gone into hibernation right after.
Instead, he used police info and killed Penber when he had no reason to think they suspected him any more than the others.

Come to think of it, wouldn't Near's plan have fallen apart if Mikami had kept a page of the Note on his person at all times?

“Mikami, as a contingency plan I order you as Kira to always keep a page of the Death Note wedged between your sweaty ass cheeks. You must never have that piece of paper leave your creases for even a second unless you need to take a shit.”
“Aye aye my lord.”

It was that easy

If I remember correctly, that's what the writer wanted to imply. He didn't want Light to lose because of his own inabilities or shortcomings, he wanted him to lose because he got too deep to ever trust another human being.

How about shooting Light with a fucking gun.

She's be a massive fucking liability that he'd always have to question killing. Taking her out of the picture was a much better option since she wasn't gonna leave Japan, I guess.

Mikami was a failure

This whole show would’ve ended a lot sooner if they hired a graphologist to examine the writing like how they do with handwritten ransom notes and suicide notes.

Cont.
the police force could’ve demanded Lights school to hand over assignments and just compared the writing as soon as they had the death note in their hands.

this is true however he clearly states that he wants to be known etc. Because of that we can attribute his loss to his god complex

Is there a more pseudo-intellectual series than DN?

Light was already in control of the taskforce and the police by the time they had it, there was never a chance of them getting anything done.

this was so OOC light never trusted anyone

>light never trusted anyone
misa

It was also out of character for Kira. He would have written the exact movements that Mikami had to do in a piece of Death Note (he still had some to hide on his watch). Mikami didn't even have to carry the DN with him, just rip a piece, and even if things went wrong, he wouldn't be caught with such a big piece of evidence. He could have even swallowed the paper after writing the names.

Light was becoming reckless even before Mikami.
He could have talked his way out of the warehouse if he didn't confess like a fool.

He never considered that someone made an exact copy of the deathnote (which holds up to very close examination) in under a few hours. What a FUCKING IDIOT

Attached: Stephen_Gevanni.png (310x229, 85K)

That wasn’t even the moment Light really fucked up though.

good joke

Light didn't tear out all the pages he had filled?

Then what moment would that be?

Graphology is a pseudoscience. But they could've checked that shit for DNA?

It was using the police records
>gwern.net/Death-Note-Anonymity
Do note that Light wanted the murders to be supernatural so people found out and wouldn’t do crimes anymore

>Using the police records
That's the dumbest thing
They could've easily scrambled the mugshots and names for all the criminals in the database and made an accurate copy and secured it elsewhere
They already knew the security of this database had been compromised. Why didnt L do something about it?

1. Light being police chief might’ve obstructed such measures
2. It was a trap set by L

Based.

>general
Enjoy this thread until it gets deleted.

It's been 10 hours, user. It's not getting deleted.

if Light lurked more he wouldn't have fallen for that bait. Bet he's a redditor

Near & Mello get all the plaudits but Gevanni was the true baller

What ultimately led to Light getting caught was bad writing.

Headcanon here but I imagine the Death Note wouldn't have DNA on it. I mean this is a magic notebook that can't be destroyed and has infinite pages.

Your favorite series.

NGE

It wasn't even that. The authors have repeatedly stated that they were writing just an entertaining story and never pretended it had deep philosophical meaning or some similar bullshit fanboys believe in.

That's what user means, I think. It was an episodic seat-of-the-pants thriller, but because the target audience is dumb thirteen year old edgelords the target audience acts like dumb thirteen year old edgelords about it.

The Lind L. Taylor scene is when L became my favorite character. The icing on the cake is when L taunts Light over it.