Be interested in a show

>be interested in a show
>check its list of episodes
>there's over a hundred of them
>"I could watch several shows in the time it would take me to watch this"
>go back to watching 26 episode long series

Anyone else trapped in this mentality?

Attached: Co4B6mWUsAI5dQf.jpg (1028x1028, 80K)

only really long show I watched was lotgh and it was worth it, but I don't know too many other
examples where this was the case

the big shonen were mostly shit anyway
I dropped monster at about 60%

any older long show that I should have seen tho?

HxH

>dropping Monster

If you like it, then it doesn't matter the fact that it has 100. Stop with that mentality. Like, think about that 26 eps anime you liked. Now imagine that instead of watching it for just 1 month, you get to have fun with it for 4

I'm kind of this way with manga. There's a lot of stuff I want to read that's 30+ volumes long and I keep putting them off and reading shorter stuff. Nothing I really care about anime-wise is generally more than 50 episodes though. There's a few but they're not things I really want to watch. Even 50 episodes though generally takes me a while because I tend to not focus on a single show for long enough.

But this isn't a recommendation thread; this is a viewing habits thread.

okey, yes Ive seen that one too

6.5/10 its decent. highs are 8/10, lows are 3/10, slightly more highs tho

Watch whatever you feel like watching, you'll get to the long shows once you watch all the 1-2 cour shows you want to see
Watch Hunter x Hunter tho

Any anime over ~60 episodes is usually not worth watching. Hunter x Hunter is alright but it could have easily been condensed into half the fucking episodes it had.

I used to be but the thing is the 100+ episode series are always a thousand times better than the shitty two cour shows that drag like all hell towards the last cour. And now i usually wont touch a two cour or a one cour show UNLESS its older

I've been meaning to check both HxH and Yū Yū Hakusho, but their length is intimidating.

Reading the manga would probably go faster.

yuyu is pretty good 7/10, actually I realize I might have seen more of those long shows than I thought, I just forgot they were so long.

Any not so well known longer shows that one might have missed out on?

HxH goes by fast because its good

I can't remember how many years it's been since I considered watching a 100 episode series. Even 24 episodes feels like a big investment. Get to the point or don't bother.

>If you like it, then it doesn't matter the fact that it has 100.
It absolutely does, since most of those episodes are pointless padding that contribute next to nothing to any kind of overall plot or character development. You spend 90 of those episodes wishing something would happen, and when you finish the show you can hardly remember their contents.

>hxh
>good
if you are into males, maybe.

I don't really get this thinking. Sure, some longer series can drag but people these days just can't fathom that not every story can be condensed into 13 episodes. It's like someone complaining about every book not being 200 pages long. A lot of 13 episode series to me, contrary to your opinion, feel rushed or unevenly paced. Like the creator wanted to have more stuff in the series but was only given 13 episodes and so had to sort of rush to the point near the end. But then I also am not as susceptible to disliking motw style stories. I felt like Gundam 0079 was paced extremely well and wasn't bored for a second watching it while other people on Yea Forums always say it's full of filler and the 7 hour movie series is better.

Is this the zoomer mentality? People can't handle anything longer than 26 episodes anymore?

>I can't remember how many years it's been since I considered watching a 100 episode series. Even 24 episodes feels like a big investment. Get to the point or don't bother.
I honestly have to question what your favorite anime are if this is your line of thinking

My main issue is that I can only fit 2 episodes a day into my daily schedule; this is an objective matter related to time rather than about enjoyment.

Honestly I'd find the 26 episode stuff a bit much after watching 13 episode seasonal shit for a while. I watched the old Shounen stuff with filler so I've done my time.

Maybe it is; I dunno. I mostly get anxious that I'm missing out on something more interesting, and I have limited time to watch anime as it is. I want to have as much variety as possible in my viewings.

Wtf is your schedule

You make it sound like 13/26 episode series can't fuck themselves up as well due to rushing or poor storytelling. The latter can affect anything no matter what it's size is.

I avoid shows with more than a hundred episodes for the most part. I just don’t have the time to watch all that, or at least not without getting bored.

I don't want to blogpost, but I want to fit in plenty of stuff into my time. I want to have time to read, to work out, to study (both for school and a language for pleasure) and on top of that my dad has me come along to help him with the family business a few days every week.

Who fucking cares?
Why are you replying to this slide thread with anything but "fuck off"

>I felt like Gundam 0079 was paced extremely well and wasn't bored for a second watching it
God, I envy you. I wanted to claw my eyes out from boredom for a good 70% of it.

Why bump a thread you want to see die?

Just watch it at 1.5x speed
Why would you waste time on useless scenes

So was OPM season 2 as bad as I've heard ?

Attached: D0QzmV6W0AIBHaY-orig.jpg (2048x1411, 258K)

I don't really care about the episode number. I only care if it's good or not.

Worse.

There are worse ways to spend your time, but there are much better ones.

Thanks, sounds like I'll just read the manga in 4-5 years

>Any anime over ~60 episodes is usually not worth watching.
I agree with this.
Any more than that and you're typically getting into shounen territory, though even if it's not after that point the probability of pointless filler jumps exponentially.

I feel the monogatari series is one of the exceptions to this, but the show itself is an exception on a number of things

Im literally the opposite. Felt like I watched all there is over the years except thr big three, so I checked out Naruto but couldnt get past episode 20 or so. But two years ago, I really got more and more into manga to the point where my read list is bigger than my watch list, with most manga series being longer than the anime Ive been watching.

Attached: 1558294190688m.jpg (585x1024, 114K)

I enjoyed all 40+ episodes of Gundam 79, but then I followed it by watching Zeta, which I absolutely hated.

Duality of man.

The early UC entries are definitely a lot more divisive than popular opinion would suggest, I think.

name 1 good show over 100 episodes

you can't

Ashita no Eiyuu Densetsu

I watched Cardcaptor Sakura a while ago (70 episodes). Around 30 or so episodes in the formula became so stale and repetitive I started seeing it as a chore to finish the remaining episodes. It's like I could predict every scene cut for cut, and the fact that it seemed like there was only about 6 songs in the soundtrack made it even more repetitive. I eventually had to put the filler episodes on 2x speed because it was actually mind numbing trying to watch them at normal speed. It took 2 weeks with breaks in between. Never again.

Attached: 1519230517429.gif (500x375, 991K)

Why didn't you just drop it?

I'm not sure to be honest. I guess I wanted to see how the story ended without skipping any episodes.

I admit I also tend to be stubborn on the subject of dropping shows.

Naw, opposite for me. I like longer shows as you have more time with the characters. Unlike the user above me, I wished CCS went even longer, though we did end up getting Tsubasa Chroncles lol. Gintama , Bleach, OP, Case Closed, EyeShield 21, anything by Adachi, FMA, Kenshin, Slam Dunk, anything by Takahashi, Monogatari, LotGH, pretty much all Gundam (original, Zeta & Unicorn the most though), HxH, Monster. Jesus, there are so many, I left off a ton probably.

>ever seen a show you loved
>you wished there were more episodes
This is how I've always thought of it

it's worse

Attached: [HorribleSubs] One Punch Man S2 - 09 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_08.26_[2019.07.19_01.51.25].jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

too bad most long anime is trash

except for ace of diamond

Yeah, I find it difficult to get into an anime longer than 50 episodes, that's about the limit for me too. Some exceptions but not many.

Uh, no. If I'm interested in something, and it's good, then having over a hundred episodes is a positive thing.
Because I'm not some fucking insane autist who is checking off lists of "need to see" anime as if it will grant meaning to my life.

I don't like long anime as much because the pacing is so shit. In a 26 episode anime, one episode has a lot of plot in it, but in an anime with hundreds of episodes it takes like 30 episodes for the same amount of plot to happen

If it's 100+, I'd rather just read the source material.

Teekyuu

>I admit I also tend to be stubborn on the subject of dropping shows.
Why do people do this? just drop it if you hate it

Recall the end-of-show depression you feel after watching a 1 or 2 cour show you liked. Now imagine what it feels like after watching a 100+ episode show.

I don't have ADD or a fixation on MAL points so no
Kill yourself