If Evangelion is legendary for how unexpected and masterfully unsatisfying its ending is...

If Evangelion is legendary for how unexpected and masterfully unsatisfying its ending is, then what is its absolute opposite? The anime with the comfiest, most wholesome and satisfying ending?

Attached: lAew2JU.png (619x800, 844K)

FMA Brotherhood or Toradora

Naruto

FMAB or Tatami Galaxy

>Toradora
>lmao I just ran away without warnings, hope you don't hate me. I'm back now, a full year later!
The ending was shit.

Boku no Pico

>has a cute teen-loli as girlfriend
Yeah, i call it a win.

For me it's gotta be Usagi Drop

Texhnolyze

Whisper of the Heart is my pick.
Most of the good Ghiblis are contenders though.

Thats definitely NOT why Evangelion os legendary, retard.

The ending is so ambiguous and left to interpretationthe manga has a different scene and the Rebuilds exist.

Fucking brainlets

Ookami Shounen

Attached: chrome-2019-07-23-19-10-59.png (955x986, 387K)

>The ending is so ambiguous and left to interpretation
>ambiguous
> left to interpretation
yep, VERY unsatisfying and DISGUSTING ending

>masterfully unsatisfying its ending is
But the TV ending was the best.

Eureka 7's ending is over the top wholesome

Attached: EurekaRenton_Kiss.jpg (1680x1050, 162K)

Based

>EoE
>unsatisfying
o I am laffin

symphogear

Attached: 1456979213690.gif (540x300, 1.81M)

This. Evangelion has one of the best endings I've ever seen in any medium.

based

Haibane renmei!

I'd like to add, for the sake of making my concluding argument, that Eva spent a lot of time leading up to an ending and then did not deliver on any of that setup in the TV ending.
That would mean the opposite would be an ending that satisfies tremendously despite being sudden and coming from nowhere. My candidate is the last chapter of Rough Sketch Senpai.

G Gundam

I didn't know tang was that old. I had Tang like 15 years ago.

>t. retard

Came here to post this.

This

Attached: 1385315865036.jpg (704x392, 138K)

>t. not an argument

End of TV is the most unsatisfying ending.
EoE is the most satisfying.

this one

Attached: 1530375730_tbObSae.png (1280x720, 530K)

but it's the other way around you faggot

i only saw the original 26 episodes anime for the first time recently (yeah , each year since more than 10 years i wanted to see it by postponed it each time) , but oh boy , episode 1 to 24 are great but episode 25 and 26 are pure trash , and YES I DID UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING IN THESE EPISODES.
i wouldn't say the whole anime is trash because of the last episodes but they are still 2 shitty , very shitty episodes that shouldn't have existed.
and yes , i'm going to watch the films and rebuild after summer so my opinion of the serie will probably get better after this but for someone who only watches the original , Evangelion isn't a masterpiece at all.

Zero no Tsukaima wins again

Attached: hZ87moI.png (343x624, 272K)

it was overshadowed by Anemone x Dominic ending

Evangelion
Episode 26 is the second-greatest episode of anime ever made.

That's the same show dumbass

FMAB and for my money revue starlight, it had a brilliant last episode

>I DID UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING IN THESE EPISODES
That's how you spot a retard.

Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 ?

Attached: df6945c3add6ca795c0bf8230a68a23f.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Diebuster

Madoka is probably a better example but okay.

nice argument !
are you perhaps projecting ?

and yes , it isn't that hard to understand but it's shitty.
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei was also rightfully mocking the pseudo-psychological bullshit in the last episodes too.

Attached: Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Evangelion.jpg (500x282, 50K)

Steins Gate 0
Also, OP is a faggot

Attached: _20190519_113625.jpg (640x798, 130K)

>YES I DID UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING IN THESE EPISODES.
to quote Rei in EoE:
"you didn't understand anything at all"

user, SZS was paying hommage to the absurd influence Eva had on anime and everything that came afterwards.
There is no denying that Eva is the greatest anime ever made

Brainlet

Eva is great , i did say that , but the last two episodes are a no no for me , they should have used those 2 last episodes to explain the points that needed explaining but they didn't , from what i understand , you can only understand those points with the films and the rebuild.
so for someone who only saw the original , EVA can't be called a complete masterpiece but yeah , EVA did have a huge influence on anime and anything after that , i'm not denying it.
like i said , i'll probably consider it a masterpiece after watching the films and rebuild after summer (and i need to find those in French subs , i only found EoE for the moment)

i didn't watch EoE yet , maybe you didn't understand my post ?

Attached: Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei laugh in despair gif.gif (540x304, 390K)

The brainlet is you.
EoE is a travesty and easily the worst aspect of Eva, even today.

The final episode hype was huge, and, for the first and only time in their history, Bones actually delivered a great ending. Shame that the franchise died because of the horrible recap movie.

Attached: FABULOUS~.jpg (1920x1080, 302K)

The things that NEED explaining are all there in those last two episodes. Maybe you genuinely didn't understand anything at all.

>EVA did have a huge influence on anime and anything after that , i'm not denying it.
LIke I said, Eva is the greatest anime that exists. This is an objective statement.
There are only a handful of things on the same level as Eva and none of those are widely popular today.

Fma brotherhood

Off the top of my head, The Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong. Don't remember the last anime to give me the feeling of satisfaction after finishing it like those 2.

oh yeah ?
what are angels ?
why did Gendo have one in his hands , from the 2 last episodes i can assume he killed the people in the base ?
then it goes on about who is shinji and that he could have lived this life or that life but it's all in Shinji's head , then congratulation , you discovered basic psychology.
was that psychology episode even necessary ?

so what did i get right ?
and where was it mentionned what are the angels (i didn't say who coz i know they are aliens).
what did Gendo do at the end?

Attached: Congratulation.gif (498x366, 409K)

No question OP

Attached: 51F1B0E1-F0FC-47BE-9694-D9DB0BA9599D.jpg (300x374, 31K)

I have a question.

People say there's two different possibilities for why End of Eva was made.
>Anno wanted Neon Genesis Eva to be left at its cheesy happy ending but the fans were unsatisfied so he went "Alright, you want a better ending? Fuck you, everyone dies."
>Anno wanted Neon Genesis Eva to have a dark ending but the producers didn't approve of it, so he gave the show the cheesy ending and made End of Eva to fill his vision

Which is correct? I haven't seen the show or the movie but I know about the "congratulations!" ending and that shit gets real fucked up in the movie.

>masterfully unsatisfying
There is nothing unsatisfying about the ending. What do you mean.

The fact that you are asking all of these questions shows that you didn't understand what Eva was about.

The image you posted alone basically spells it out for you. Open your eyes and look at it.

People were dissatisfied with the result of the time constraints and didn't understand what Eva was about in the first place so people sent Anno death threats. So Anno was like "here, this is what you want, right?"

That is one delicious-looking foot. Maybe I should watch DitF after all.

Attached: 1470952148191.jpg (574x574, 40K)

i see all the characters in the show clapping at shinji and his mother is alive.
are you trying to tell me :
1 : either it was all in Shinji's head
2 : or his soul changed place and went into an alternate reality
3 : Shinji is actually american and it's in their culture to clap.

i'm feeling lost there , care to enlighten me ?

you are still not opening your eyes

my eyes are wide open but will soon close when i go to bed after a loooong session of wage slaving today.

so i see nothing except what i said.
also they seem to be in the sky.

>also they seem to be in the sky.
You're getting closer, but it's not the sky

also it can't be that their conciousness linked , right ?
wouldn't that be a shitty ending , right ?

last post btw , i'm going to bed but i'll keep this thread bookmarked.

Who the fuck finds EoE unsatisfying?
All the meme rage was over 25/26.

>90% of the last two episodes is literally rehashing the daddy/mommy issues of shinji, asuka, rei, and misato
>if you payed attention to the previous episodes you already know all of this
>somehow this is super hard to comprehend
lol, took me 5 tries to get through episode 25 because it's such a rehash, it's like a recap episode submerged in a really shitty hallucination, oh btw we dropped the narrative entirely, aren't we inventive
Evangelion is trash, and the last two episodes are the mold growing on the trash heap

Considering how bad things really were, I can somewhat agree with you. The ending was just plain JUST for Ichise, considering Kano had fucked and stuffed Ran and ruined everything to fulfill his meme forced ideology (which was proven false by based Yoshii). The entire world was completely fucked, including the "surface".

Attached: 1563187509026.jpg (565x425, 150K)

Attached: 1503115798305.jpg (1024x576, 162K)

Whisper of the Heart was so pure and beautiful that it had the opposite effect on me and just filled me with despair. Did this happen to anyone else?

checked

Neon Genesis Evangelion. The climax of the story is a depressed 14 year old boy learning to love himself.

Attached: Love yourself.jpg (1192x670, 51K)

Here you go user.

Attached: explained the plot of NGE.png (1650x1441, 486K)

EoE is the transformers of EVA

Low hanging fruit released to milk the fans

Kemono Friends
Forget the second season exists

Of course non brainlets come to this conclusion.

There are retards thinking EVA is annos depiction of the anime industry for example.

Maison Ikkoku?

Yeah, I'm gonna give this one to The Tatami Galaxy. What an incredible show that was...I'm going to watch it again. I remember feeling so uplifted and full of hope for the future after watching it.

Too bad I'm still in the same shitty place doing the same shitty things.

TTGL

FMAB

Yeah, because of that it's Rumiko's best work

My neighbor toronto

Aria
all shonen are crap

Death Note

This. Overall the series was dissapointing but the ending was very kino

Attached: elpsykongr00.jpg (1920x1080, 111K)

Madoka had a bittersweet ending. She was alone and forgotten by the world even though the rest of the ending was happy