Kyoto Animation

The GoFundMe has reached 2 million dollars. That's an average cost of a 1 cour anime production.

Other updates:
>KyoAni has opened an account for donations. They will post it on their website (likely bank account). The donated money will go towards helping the staff who were hurt by this incident.
mainichi.jp/articles/20190723/k00/00m/040/323000c

>KyoAni President Hideaki Hatta sent a letter to police asking them not to release the names of the victims
japantoday.com/category/crime/smoke-spread-so-fast-at-animation-firm-victims-couldn't-open-rooftop-door

So how do we work on who the victims are? For the time being, through interviews and reports.
>Japanese news outlets now reporting 4 or 5 specific employees missing
>Futoshi Nishiya (Character Designer of Hyouka, Nichijou, Liz and The Blue Bird)
>The Ikeda Sisters (Character Designers of Clannad, Chuunibyou, Euphonium, Haruhi Suzumiya)
>Yoshiji Kigami (60 year old key animator, regarded as the most talented animator in the company)
>Yasuhiro Takemoto (Director of Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park, Maid Dragon, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu)
jiji.com/sp/article?k=2019072300127&g=soc
headlines.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20190723-00000037-sasahi-soci
www3.nhk.or.jp/lnews/kyoto/20190722/2010004080.html

>"It will take 5 to 10 years to rebuild Kyoto Animation" - Expert
>A camera installed near the company's main office, which is about 1 km from the studio, captured a similarly dressed man pushing a handcart
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4rfpaBU4Gk

Attached: 2019-07-23_22h03_39.png (1148x572, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bilibili.com/video/av60340274/
japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/07/23/national/crime-legal/kyoto-animation-autopsies-show-least-20-victims-burned-death-suspect-spotted-near-hq-attack/
sakugabooru.com/data/5b8a8fbca9217b52bb4377a4fbe11075.mp4
jiji.com/sp/article?k=2019072301175&g=soc
youtube.com/watch?v=QUnT3Hw7gEo
youtube.com/watch?v=BtMmymOxdjc
youtube.com/watch?v=bfhc4moxreo
blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/08/25/the-evolution-of-kyoto-animation-a-unique-anime-studio-and-its-consistent-vision/)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's been 5 days and I'm still feeling like shit because of this.

I suppose the 2 million from the Gofundme and the money brick and mortar stores like Animate in Japan are collecting will both be pooled together with the money KyoAni raises directly. So, all of it goes to victims and none of it to rebuilding.
(I think that's proper)

>>Futoshi Nishiya (Character Designer of Hyouka, Nichijou, Liz and The Blue Bird)
>>The Ikeda Sisters (Character Designers of Clannad, Chuunibyou, Euphonium, Haruhi Suzumiya)
>>Yoshiji Kigami (60 year old key animator, regarded as the most talented animator in the company)
>>Yasuhiro Takemoto (Director of Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park, Maid Dragon, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu)
These losses are so devastating to the brand. Like even if they do come back, they won't be the same at all.

The animator school was in that building, right?

Yes. Which is why most of the dead are young.

>Yoshiji Kigami (60 year old key animator, regarded as the most talented animator in the company)
Kind of like the senior animator guy in Shirobako? The one who drew a lot of old classics.

>Work your whole life to become a master
>Punished in the end

Terrible

Attached: screen-shot-2014-07-30-at-12-41-36-pm.png (709x563, 406K)

That's generally how life goes. In the end you just die, dying at 60 isn't the worst thing that can happen to you

Next time please include the cast of hibike safe. Many people are worried for them.

This.
I can't get the thought that KyoAni will never be the same, nor how KyoAni was one of the least deserving studios for such a tragedy out of my head.

I'm not sure where the Animate money is going, but yes the Sentai collection is all for the victims and their families. I'm grateful that's the case too.

>In the end you just die, dying at 60 isn't the worst thing that can happen to you
Burning alive is the worst way to go out. If the death was sudden and quick, that would be a better way to go

Hey, remember when Kyoani drones laughed at Trigger patreon and said they are better?

Was the dick riding fandom all these years what led to the karma?

Hey, maybe I'd actually donate to trigger's patreon if they got arsoned.

If so, Triggers next.

Trigger is a bunch of hacks anyway they're shameless e beggers

How the fuck is that compostable to this?

All safe, someone started a fake rumor in regarding that.

Is 2m enough though?

I understand Hatta respecting the families' privacy, but are the names of the victims going to be released in the future when things will have cooled down a bit?

I believe

Did someone burn Trigger's building?

No, not really I mean, it might cover a dozen or so medical expenses. Bout it

Where are they gonna find money for new building and hardware?

>trigger nigger is a brainlet
Checks out

Nice of you to think 2m will go through. Even if it does its used for company survival and not for the victims recovery

Attached: 1563533790547.jpg (891x1080, 331K)

It's all going to the victims, and I don't think we have a good estimate for what exactly will be needed. But "enough" isn't what's important here, every little bit helps to make their burden a little lighter.

Not the gofundme. All for the victims.

Kyoani is heavily damaged but is still a profitable company. The greater concern is with the victims themselves.

At first I was at least glad that Tatsuya Ishihara was safe, yet now that I realize Futoshi Nishiya is gone, it's all just too tragic and I can never look at my favorite series of their works the same way again. I'm just way past being angry at this point.

Attached: nichijou encyclopedia.jpg (500x667, 119K)

>>The Ikeda Sisters (Character Designers of Clannad, Chuunibyou, Euphonium, Haruhi Suzumiya)
The person who designed my waifu burned to death. I wish I could cry or some shit. Fuck why have I become so callous.

Attached: kumiko.png (800x450, 315K)

What happened to the issue of lawsuit?

Came home from tomorrowland to this, jesus christ FUCK

>60 year old key animator, regarded as the most talented animator in the company
fuck man

Attached: 1563551420949.jpg (720x719, 239K)

There was never any issue with lawsuits, stop reading "news" off chinese cartoon image boards without a source and actually thinking it's real.

This is how they will stay afloat. Big business in and out of Japan will donate privately through the bank

That's literally all of Yea Forums though. It's like saying kyoani has shit fire safety but Japan as a nation has this issue since the beginning.

Worked on Akira, Macross, Grave of Fireflies, to name a few.
KyoAni brought him in when they just started an animation department to mentor the young staff.

>Worked on Akira, Macross, Grave of Fireflies, to name a few.
Jesus, what a blow. Holy fuck.

>Burning alive
It was the smoke, most likely they didn't experience pain.

NHK's special program on KyoAni
bilibili.com/video/av60340274/

how is coughing your lungs out and suffocating not pain?

>TOO MIRRION DORRAS!!!

That was the assumption but that's wrong now.

>japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/07/23/national/crime-legal/kyoto-animation-autopsies-show-least-20-victims-burned-death-suspect-spotted-near-hq-attack/
>In a gruesome reversal, Kyoto police said that of the 26 people whose autopsy results have been released, 20 burned to death, three suffered carbon monoxide poisoning and two suffocated. The cause of death of one was undetermined. Previous reports indicated most were likely killed by smoke.

I just wonder if there was same gofoundme for normal japanese people in fact i wonder if anyone would even care if it wasnt anime.

Just saying.

Talented traditional animators are an endangered species, user.

Just looking at his page on Sakugabooru made me realize what a massive loss this was. One of best animators in the industry gone for no fucking reason. This whole tragedy has me feeling sicker and sicker the more I learn about it.

Attached: e4d3412df3c54bc51c15a627e6c48dd9.jpg (3380x2502, 3.32M)

So the gofoundme will bring them back?

I think I'm still in shock. It doesn't feel real. Feels like a KyoAni haters fanfic.

The largest mass killing in Japan since WW2 happened to fucking KyoAni. WHAT

No, but it'll help those that are still alive.

That's what you get for doing normalfag activities

Yeah, I wonder why Yea Forums - Anime & Manga seems to be focused on a Gofundme for a studio that made anime.

People will always be more effected when they lose someone in the arts/entertainment industry, simply because you make a personal connection with those people through experiencing their works. This is a huge difference to random strangers dying that you can only emphasize with but have no connection towards.

it's on whole site

>>KyoAni President Hideaki Hatta sent a letter to police asking them not to release the names of the victims
Why?

How fucking new are you? Yea Forums is founded on anime and Japanese sub cultures.

My favourite character designer after Horiguchi left. I really hope he's okay. And also, it feels bad to hope for specific people to be alive. Cause like, everyone matters and it feels wrong to care more about the ones I personally like the work of. I really wish this hadn't happened.

Anime is being banned on other boards

Japanese thing, you only post it after funerals out of respect for the deceased

>both Ikeda Sisters
>Nishiya
Fuck, I thought maybe at least Kazumi Ikeda was safe. I can't imagine how sad it must've been for them knowing their sister was also in the fire. But holy shit, three of the most iconic character designers in the studio, they must have designed like 80% of the studio's shows. At this point who do they have left? Miku Kadokawi and Takase only? I'm sad. I hope Horiguchi comes back at least, or their shows' designs may never be the same.

No it is not, retard.

Because discussion should be contained here.
Doesn't change the fact.
I think you should go and stay go.

So Takemoto is definitely dead at this point right? RIP.

>Owned by a jap
Retard

Attached: 1461614994863.jpg (586x414, 55K)

based

Yes it is. Saw it myself. With my own eyes.

Go where. Im just my opinion.

Away.

No

Miku's design is closer to Nishiya's but Takase's is lot different. So yeah the design would be more distinct than pre-fire kyoAni.

Just fuck off already ESL. You sound like a retard and post like one. Kill yourself.

It's not banned per se, just look at Horo / Holo posting on /k/, Maki posting on /g/ etc.
You simply don't discuss anime on non-anime boards, just like you don't discuss cooking outside of /ck/ (aside from Yea Forums EATAN and gamer fuel threads and /fit/ dieting stupidity), just like you don't discuss /pol/ outside of /pol/

Face it, Yea Forums started out as a derivative of 2ch and is inherently anime-based (and Japanese) at its heart

It didn't feel real until this. And this is only the tip of the iceberg. The industry suffered a terrible blow losing these people and it's probably way, way worse than this.

kill yourself

>That's an average cost of a 1 cour anime production.
Haruhi S3 when?

THIS. The absolutely bizarre nature of the situation makes it kinda funny despite the tragedy. Imagine someone posted this beforehand as a fanfic, you would get a million replies saying how retarded and impossible it is.

Truer words have never been spoken

Based gookmoot.

That really hurts man. Dude just go out there to teach youth his passion and burns/suffocates to death. Wtf man

I mean, yurifags are known for being very violent.

I don't know why you're surprised.

I don't even like Kyoani and I feel like shit too. I can't imagine how much worse being a K-kyoanus licker must make it. Hell I can't even type this without feeling like shit.

I keep thinking about the victims and how tough their recovery will be. When I was in hs I had a classmate whose little brother was disfigured from boiling water and I can only imagine how serious the injuries are in this case

>everyone matters and it feels wrong to care more about the ones I personally like the work of.
Precisely, so many of the victims are fresh-new animators who have yet to make a name for themselves, and all of the work they had done and would have done is gone along with them. Despite this, they are all irreplaceable for their commitments and vision.

This is stupid because discussion can contain myriad of topics from /pol/ to Yea Forums to /fit/. You cant even classify what is what. Your post is stupid.

>people care about artists who dedicate themselves to expression and connection to the audience, despite shitty work environment and don't care about voiceless company drones
What a surprise

>to the brand.
why are americans like this. the world lost great people and you have to talk about corporate money like a fucking vermin.

death by smoke is like dying by breathing knives.

respect, something zoomer never learned apparently

>respect, something zoomer never learned apparently

How is it respectful to hide the truth?

Was this person injured?

Attached: [Elysium]Lucky.Star.EP21(BD.720p.AAC.DA)[CC376A7B].mkv_snapshot_17.58_[2014.03.25_22.54.52].jpg (1280x720, 122K)

The fact that virtually all of the victims knew each other well and worked together is a particularly harsh blow, because the survivors and families also lost a huge chunk of their emotional support network. They can't focus on their work or talk to many of their friends to get away from the pain.
The scope and centralized nature of the tragedy also makes it very easy to donate and know where the money is going. Buying toilet paper for a family whose child was killed by a drunk driver (for example) is technically a nice gesture, but there are more efficient ways to pool those resources like supporting law enforcement or donating to a reputable charity.

In KyoAni's case, they probably already have enough money to cover immediate needs. More important is to allow them to mourn in peace, because only the passage of time will make some things bearable.
In the long-term though, money becomes more important. Lost income, therapy, and childrens' educations are all things that will weigh on families. The more generously the community can provide for them, the less the company itself has to worry about them, and the quicker they can return to the work they have dedicated their hearts to.

Truth for what? So your paranoia can be cured? Nobody cares what you think.

>a bunch of people die
>Americans decide to give them money

is this the most American thing that one can do?

You know, they wouldn't have died if they didn't insist on adapting lowest-of-low bottom barrel chuuni science-fantasy LNs.

Fuck's wrong with you overemotive little twits? Are you women or something? You're taking this much, much harder than I did when my one good grandparent kicked the bucket. People die every day, get over it. You didn't even know any of them.

Attached: disgust.gif (491x333, 1.13M)

Yes. Humans are cucks. Everybody donated not just americans you fucking retard.

Guess you didn't like your grandparent all that much.

I just find it deeply hyporcitical that mods stickied gofoundme for people they did not even knew just because it was ANIME RELATED. In fact no one even knows if those money are really going to kyoani.

Also japan is first world country i doubt they need donations.

As i said. Just sayin

So this is how a psychopath talks..interesting

We could have clapped, or shot something.

It's true. Try to make an anime thread anywhere and it'll get deleted

No, rushing to make a gofundme so you can profit from it indirectly is.

You don't have to donate.

Imagine scamming webbs for millions of dollars.

Attached: old pc anime.jpg (1300x1244, 809K)

Right fucking now. Congratulations, gentlemen

Wonder how the likes of you get out of bed each morning knowing that thousands died while you were asleep.
There's no reason for anyone who doesn't know these people to feel sad about their deaths in particular.

I'll give them money when they'll export dubbed nichijou season 2 by buying the BDs.

I'll support them however I damn well please

Guess you didn't like your grandparent all that much.

Never, because this money is going to hospital bills and not the actual studio.

>people actually die? wtf man

You sound like you don't really like anime. If that's the case you can fuck right off. From Yea Forums.

It was only a "lawyer" from a shithole country wanting to sue them.

FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!!!!!

Because of one sick fucker! I hope he hangs!!

You must have not liked your grandparents very much. Sad,really. For you, that is, since you can't understand basic human emotions.

We didn't know these people, but they brought us joy, and didn't really ask for anything in return. Then they were killed. Of course any normal, decent human being with empathy will feel sad.

You can hide the fucking sticky, you stupid retard.

It's not like I go to the toilet six times a day to have a good cry because I can't take it anymore. And even if I did, so what? That wouldn't make me a lesser person than you. Also it helps that I'm not a kid anymore so I stopped caring about maintaining a facade of strength and impassibility because it's cool. But keep being an asshole kid, and don't bother trying to have empathy for anyone, ever, and certainly not the people who do stuff you enjoy. See how that helps you in life.

Not a fucking penny should go to new anime and all should go to the families and surviving victims.

You're clearly a newfag who has no idea how Yea Forums works yet try to question it based on your presumptions. You need to go back.

I was very happy to hear that that's the intention of the Sentai fundraiser.

I don't think new anime was ever the point. I think that's the last thing on people's minds right now. Funerals are expensive. Hospital bills are expensive. Therapy is expensive. The survivors are going to be out of work for some time, but that rent still needs to be paid. This is the stuff the money is going towards.

Anyone think that they'll animate kadokawa works again?

No, but 2m even spread over 60 families is a decent gesture at least. It will hopefully take away some of the burden of funeral expenses for the dead, and medical care for the living. Finding out that your son or daughter died, and then realizing you need to write a lot of big unplanned checks sucks. As much as people like to avoid focusing on money in situations like this, it's much much better to only have to cope with your child dying, than to cope with your child dying and the fact that you can't retire for an extra ten years now.

I donated $5. When will they send out our rewards?

Attached: hamster_eating.png (180x182, 52K)

Stingy jew.

>20 burned to death
Fuck me.

Me too
I just want everything to go back to normal- but it cant.

>quadruple their original goal of 500,000
I still feel like shit over the whole situation, but it's nice to know they have so much support.

Why wouldn’t I feel bad for people who died in one of the most horrific ways because of some mentally ill NEET with a make believe grudge

It was a pointless and unnecessarily cruel way for these people to die and now their coworkers and family will suffer for the rest of their lives. Have some sympathy.

He did some amazing work on Akira too
Such a big loss for the anime community

>I think that's the last thing on people's minds right now
A good number of people want them to get back on their feet to start making more moeblob trash

>Goes on Yea Forums
>shocked there is massive faggots here

I've always used his work on Grave of the Fireflies as an example of the best of the best when it comes to realism. I think his talents must have been instrumental in developing Kyoani's style, with their animators' deep attention to small movements and gestures that bring scenes to life.

sakugabooru.com/data/5b8a8fbca9217b52bb4377a4fbe11075.mp4

I'm not even a KyoAni fag and it makes me sick to my stomach every time I think about it, I don't know what it is about this particular mass killing that makes me feel this way

The loss of Kigami is bad enough, and I'm frankly miffed when people wish ill on Ishidate just because they don't like VEG.
Kigami was his mentor and the least they should hope for is that whatever skills and knowledge Kigami passed on will live on through Ishidate.

It's like a never ending honey moon. Every day since it happened i've got out of bed so happy. Can't believe i'm really living in the best timeline.

>every decent anime youtuber will drop their current projects
>will begin making super sad videos dedicated to kyoani
>videos will have lots of clips of sakuga, crying anime girls, wide eyed anime girls, hyouka, and soft piano music
>this will go on for another 3 months

>stop caring about the worst tragedy in the history of the anime industry

>youtube
Who cares?

>moeshitters dying
>tragedy

Oh no, all those soulless science-fantasy chuuni LN adaptions we are going to miss!

Support can be shown in many ways and I think tribute videos are among them. Personally I've enjoyed a few AMVs and song covers or medleys that have come out in the past week.

Same. I'm not familiar with their works. I only began to feel sympathy after reading that missing girl's grandfather's account. Then I read what Takemoto's dad and wife said too and I felt my chest becoming heavy.

>27 people burned to death,
>4 people die of carbon monoxide poisoning,
>2 people died of suffocation,
>1 person's death cause is unknown
jiji.com/sp/article?k=2019072301175&g=soc

Most burned to death rather than CO poisoning. The worst possible way to die.

That Aoba guy deserves far worse than the rope. Even if he is mentally ill he does not deserve to live becasue of it.

Attached: Sad Tom Cat.jpg (249x213, 11K)

Attached: IMG_20190723_094204.jpg (1024x600, 190K)

You can already see it in some of their release schedules. I can't tell which is more fake and opportunistic, crying over their sudden love of this studio or maybe making a teary eye video looking back on all they did. It's hard not to see them as opportunistic fucks whatever they do.

Yeah. Fuck hanging, burn the fucker at the stake. Let him taste what he has inflicted on others.

I guess this raises the point of 'why didn't they just jump'. I assumed they all died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

I really hate the fact that he physically looks like me. Now I want to burn myself so I won't see his face each time I look in the mirror. I want him dead already.

>27 people burnt to death

Now consider pic related

Attached: death agony chart.jpg (292x414, 42K)

I saw this on Twitter, do you know where it is?

One of the other threads talked about how tortuous Japanese Death Sentence truly is.
He will suffer.

Channel that into fitness inspiration.

His goal was the destruction of kyoani and honestly? He did a good job at it. Let him live and let kyoani suffer for the GARBAGE they produced.

no maid dragon, no k-on, no haruhi, no more trash in this world. Burn it all, Aoba.

Man, every time I feel like shit because of the incident, I feel guilty for feeling like shit because it must have been so much worse for the people who were there. Every time I get a little uncomfortable because of the hot weather here, I feel guilty. Every time I feel happy about something unrelated, I feel guilty for being happy at a time like this, and subsequently feel like shit, and subsequently feel more guilty. I even feel guilty for writing this out, as if my guilt was worse than the suffering of the people who suffered severe burns and lost 34 friends. How do I make this stop?

careful on that edge kiddo

I just don't know anymore.

All those shows have more soul than you yourself.

Akihabara.

Don't give him attention, maybe he'll return to twitter that way.

Remember his face instead of the arsonists

Attached: IMG_20190723_094940.jpg (740x2048, 303K)

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this but do we know why the arsonist did it?
All the theories i've read so far are
>the trainfag story
>yurifag mad about hibike
>hetfag mad about hibike
>kyoani plagiarized a novel of his
>he's just insane
I just want to know why he did it because, even if i'm not the biggest kyoani fan, their stuff was among the first anime I watched and they hold a special place in my heart.

Your grandpa never made anime I liked

Will do. Thanks.

>giving a single shit about moeshitters and the producers of moeshit

too bad you can't recognize that this world is better for Aoba having done this.

Burn more studios, Aoba.

I don't understand why people insist the mentally ill get treated lightly. I can still function properly and nothing impedes me from living a 'normal' life.
Maybe if you're a non-verbal autist or something then sure but this guy had nothing wrong with him in that sense.

Doesn't GoFundMe get a cut of this? Sounds unpleasant.

>Yasuhiro Takemoto is probably dead

Hyouka used to be relegated to shitty multi-series AMVs, now it can be used in tacky memorial videos too. Fuck Youtube

>moeshit
>soul

reproduced garbage, which deserves to burn. Did you also jackoff when you heard every original piece of material was burned? I did.

>Burn more studios, Aoba.
Is this the new forced meme?

You only live forever in lights you make user. Their light was kyoani, that all I meant stop being absurd and racist. Americas helped pave the way for anime to even be a thing.

/ourguy/

That kind of asshole make me wish we still had medieval punishments. Boiling him to death sounds like a a good deal.

When you donate, you can optionally give a tip to GoFundMe. That's all that goes to them and its not counted in the total raised.

YouTube keeps recommending me kyoani's animation videos and it just depresses me how many talented lives were lost.

How about we boil all moeshitters to death for the crime of being alive?

Hold off on these edgy things for the time being, user. I didn't like Kyoani too but this is the time of grieving.

Attached: 1539557930200.jpg (540x621, 89K)

I'm not sure inflicting more pain is going to make anyone feel any better. Every second of life is precious, taking that away from him is better punishment then anything.

could you imagine being one of the fucktards that donated? Kek

Maybe he doesn't deserve to live, but what good comes out of letting him die? Have him do community service instead and he can pay back at least a small percentage of the damage he caused.

Yawn.

Even if the monoxide doesn't kill you, it can still fuck you up to the point of not being able to move, there's also the intense heat, fear, panic, etc. I assume that the ones who didn't jump simply couldn't.

>reproduced garbage, which deserves to burn.
Stop projecting, retard.

I've been having the same feelings. Don't beat yourself up over it, we've all lost something important to us and being upset is completely fine. Like you said, what we're going through can't compare to the victims and those close to them, so the burden's on us to support them however we can. Try and focus on that.

The theory that is based on what the culprit himself said is the
>kyoani plagiarized a novel of his
one. Nobody knows what novel, and it's likely he's just being delusional.

Gasoline smoke and fumes can cause nerve damage

>Producers of moeshit deserving life in the first place

If you like moeshit you should probably just kill yourself

Yawn

Who is him? Ladder-Run?

>They don't make anime I like, therefore they should die
This is your brain on Yea Forums

Glad i donated to it, and wil do again in 3 days.

I don't trust crowdfunding shit, it's always a scam. I bet gofundme itself and whoever set this up on kyoani's behalf are going to swipe a significant portion (probably a couple 100k at least) of that money for "overhead", pretty scummy to profit off of the good will of others.

Construction worker who managed to save 4 people from the second floor with his ladder

>Carbon monoxide: time: 22
Minutes? I thought you would die almost immediately.

Don't feed the trolls

You fags should really fuck off with your generals as well as shounenautists.

I remember a student who said he was with his month several meters from the building and just the heat was unbearable. Construction worker bro is a hero.

Depends on how much monoxide there is.

I am pretty sure the character was based on Kigami, similarly as studio is at least partially inspired by Kyoani. the owner character is based on Hatta too.

Is it possible for people to have passed out due to carbon monoxide poisoning before burning to death?

You're trying too hard bro.

Based.

God bless this guy's quick thinking

Gofund my neet lifestyle instead

>Hideaki Hatta sent a letter to police asking them not to release the names of the victims
Why is this allowed?

Ishidate is alive, Fujita hopefully too. They will be the future of KyoAni.

As for "KyoAni will never be the same" - KyoAni never "was" the same, it constantly developed and changed. Huge loss of staff and resources does not mean it will suddenly change its ways and start produce crap anime. Kyoani evolved and changed every few years (a reason why so many "fans turned haters" are bitter about it) and the "new" KyoAni will be great again.

Kigami is huge loss though, irreplacable - but there is generation of people he trained. Ishidate himself is his best student (though Ishidate while loving to animate more, now probably will have to focus on direction).

Wonder if KyoAni at least temporary will hire more freelancers or even invite outside directors - as long the quality control and passion are same, it could be interesting.

And unrealistic, but sure a dream i want to be real is Yamakan coming back. There is no better time for prodigal son to return.

>the owner character is based on Hatta too.
Hatta would bumble around making stew in the kitchen?

Yes. Monoxide kills you the same way cyanide does.

Hold on, what proof do we have of Fujita being safe?

I think it should be up the the families of the victims whether or not the deaths of their loved ones are publicized. His request is made out of respect for them, seems perfectly reasonable to me.

>Yamakan coming back
He hates Kyoani though.

I wonder when we'll get the next Kyoani TV anime I'm giving it a year tops maybe two depending on what happens.

>i want to be real is Yamakan coming back.
This guy is a lunatic he should never represent Kyoani again.

Attached: 1532848340369.jpg (1280x720, 544K)

The Shirobako studio owner was based on Masao Maruyama of Madhouse, and Jii-san is based on Yasuji Mori.

While it's true that most may have burned to death one must consider that they weren't awake to experience the worst of it from all the smoke inhalation.

Attached: 81102274.jpg (376x369, 38K)

The loss of the animator school is also bad, since that's a fresh generation dead or shattered.

This is the kind of spirit we need.

Well, that's a relief.

Except monoxide doesn't hurt.

>Yamakan coming back.

He probably thought daily about burning the place to the ground, nigga is like a rabid dog.

He's unhinged at worse and 883 at best

i felt bad for about 5 minutes. this is old news to me now. life moves on.

Attached: 1490225541586.png (730x720, 548K)

It must be nice being 15.

>Ishidate is alive, Fujita hopefully too. They will be the future of KyoAni.
Yamada is the future, that much is obvious, she was already basically given free reign there to do as she likes and had picks of all the projects.

>KyoAni will never be the same
It's for the best. Nu-KyoAni weren't that great in all honesty, compared to Old KyoAni.
This still sucks though, damn.
>Oh no EDGY comment!
Bite me Hibikeks/FujoSwimmerfags/VEGtards. Your anime is shit.

>The GoFundMe has reached 2 million dollars. That's an average cost of a 1 cour anime production.

Are you sure you're not thinking of 2 million yen?

Attached: 1460343837994.png (448x595, 193K)

>This is old news to me now
>life moves on
>Still proceeds to post in threads talking about it
uhuh, you want to keep pretending idiot?

I won't move on from you, user
Show me your palm

Gaaay.

>Is X money enough for lost lives?

Attached: 1504462337420.jpg (500x596, 46K)

What are Yamakan achievements?

Fire spread like crazy. Most "burned to deaths" got knocked out by CO and got roasted before the gas could finish the job. I'd feel worse for heavily burned survivors and those poor few that managed to suffocate

Haruhi dance.

Attached: 1473073629916.png (420x599, 283K)

Time for his redemption arc.

Attached: 1557399638917.webm (960x514, 1.99M)

>you now remember when FRT was a unit of measurement on Yea Forums

>Yamakan coming back.

Didn't you see the gif? He went there to dab on their grave.

Yamakan has been punished.

Attached: 1563741960131.jpg (2048x1365, 1.01M)

>anime youtuber

Attached: 1549508739354.jpg (600x491, 155K)

Wasn't there some quote from her where she was told "don't worry about the budget" for one of her anime? Or was that someone else?

Yamakan's decade of bullshit aside, this is still surreal.

There's no chance in hell Yamakan is coming back with Yamada still alive

Basically just don't make threads about anime on other boards you can have some discussions about anime when relevant to the thread topic and post all the cute anime girls you want as long as you're still contributing to the topic but you can't make threads solely about anime on other boards.

Don't pay attention to this fags, they are probably outcasts that overreact to everything

As a fellow Kyoani turbohater I can tell you he's crying tears of joy deep inside. He's just there to make it all about him.

>anime Youtuber

Attached: 1554880531914.jpg (335x352, 32K)

>[An eyewitness] lady said between sobs, "Someone left in the building was begging for help from a window. I couldn't tell if they were a man or a woman. Their mouth was bright red against their blackened body covered completely in soot, even their face. All I could tell was that they were crying out "HELP! HELP" again and again. Soon they stopped moving against the window and burned into it like a shadow. Then I heard the din of ambulance sirens and helicopters flying by."

This stuck in my mind and will not come out. I'm sure the grief must be hard for the families, but the individual experience of those 34 souls is what really makes me want to see Aoba picked apart slowly.

Attached: 1451611745198.jpg (500x650, 47K)

Stop using terms you don't know the meaning of.

Wait a minute if most burned to death then what happened in the stairwell where most of the bodies were in front of the door to the roof? It makes sense if it was smoke inhalation that got them but not fire.

Attached: 1483979689509.png (620x640, 260K)

Wonder how many sleepless nights has he spent dreaming of this day.

>Also japan is first world country i doubt they need donations.
How can someome type this and think it makes any sense?

they're literal autists and can't live without their trash moe-shit

It spread really fucking fast, so they are probably suffocating for awhile and then the fire caught up.

It'll be 2 million yen after Sentai finish deducting the cost of creating the GoFundMe

The 3rd floor was on fire in minutes thanks to the spiral staircase

That must have been absolutely horrifying to witness. I can't imagine what either party must have been going through at the time.

That's not gay

Not an argument

Look into his eyes. He is a changed man.

They lost consciousness from the gas but the fire shot all the way up the stairs in about 20 seconds. Gas didn't even have time to finish killing them.

Damm why does it look like his face had ash and soot
Yamakan look genuinely sad here, you guys should stop bullying him, he is not that heartless

As long as Tomoyo is safe all's good

Dark Knight Returns

Oh fucking technicalities confusing me.

Attached: 1354157161990.png (900x673, 449K)

Yeah, I can't even shitpost on Yea Forums anymore.

Living in a first world country doesn't mean that country fixes your problems for you when something bad happens. I guess you don't need money if you live in a first world country and your house burns down with your whole family inside? Of course Kyoani needs money just like every company needs money to function, not just ones in African jungles.

retard

>Living in a first world country doesn't mean that country fixes your problems for you when something bad happens

It actually does

>I guess you don't need money if you live in a first world country and your house burns down with your whole family inside

Inheritance/Insurance

HOW CAN MY FORM OF ESCAPISM BE AFFECTED BY REAL WORLD EVENTS, IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

Attached: Screenshot_20190723_133956.jpg (989x667, 88K)

It's not like they'll be able to go back full force even if we'll collect 20 millions for them.

Clearly the fire code was violated, and that is why there were so many casualties. Is there an ongoing investigation? Will the management be punished for that?

It's really beyond words.

Fire dept. already said no fire regulation was violated and they passed an inspection last year. Don't get your burger hopes up for those lawsuits.

dont wirry
all money growing to good place ;]

I picked "other" and entered 0

Attached: 1482403397647.jpg (350x300, 82K)

They already announced that the fire codes were not violated
the reason there was so many casualties was because a man poured gasoline all over the place and lit it on fire

Burgers please get out.

>inheritance
Most people don't have subtantial inheritance, what are you on? It doesn't apply much to this situation either.
>insurance
They probably had insurance on the building, but you're an idiot if you think this will be enough compensation to fix much of anything. Do you have any idea the kind of money scale businesses operate on?

This doesn't necessarily change anything. You can lose consciousness and still be breathing until the fire consumes you. It seems unlikely that even one of 19 people made it to the highest point in the building and avoided the smoke long enough to remain conscious.
To be clear, I believe what I'm saying is 100% consistent with the medical examiners' judgement. I think it's simply a misunderstanding to assume burning to death precludes unconsciousness.
All this really reinforces for me is how quickly the fire spread.

Attached: 1513991872940.jpg (1280x720, 442K)

So, what do you think is the best course of action for KyoAni?

>Surviving and willing animators decide to go forward, pick up new projects, train new staff without changing their established policies
>Animators go their separate ways lending their talents throughout various studios

>Yasuhiro Takemoto (Director of Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park, Maid Dragon, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu)
PLS GOD NO
Amagi S2 was a never ever but don't crush me down like this

Attached: aqua cryin.gif (500x282, 1.59M)

He was probably working on Maid Dragon S2 before he burnt alive.

>Do you have any idea the kind of money scale businesses operate on?

yes. In fact at this point we dont need to talk further because it seems like you are just retarded zoomer who knows nothing about anything. Fuck off from my sight.

>t. 15 year old high schooler

t. 14 year old zoomer

Yeah same. I don't think it's a bad platform or anything, but right now I feel that anything I'd wanna give them I'd rather just give to Kyoani.

I feel terrible for the victims and their families, but also for the family of the shit that caused this. Being related to a criminal in japan means: losing your job, basically getting chased out of your house, being bullied everywhere you go, no one would agree to marry into your family and so on. They'd have to change their family name and move to the place no one knows them in any case

Maybe Yea Forums cares about your anime youtubers.

obviously not the second

I didn't give a fuck at first, but then I imagined that Miura, Murata or Togashi kicked the bucket and that made me sad.
I've donated only ten bucks because I'm a cheap faggot, though.

You're in good company. I've been crying and have hardly been able to eat properly this entire time. It's like this whole thing is a bad dream. I can't imagine a world without Kyoani, without these amazing creators that i never even got to fucking meet or even thank once.

I feel like the right thing to do for the dead is to keep going. I'm 100% sure they wouldn't have wanted the company to close.

Burn the studio down and kill themselves.

Trash produced trash and burned like trash.

Gatoh confirmed director Ishihara's safety, tweeted that nothing can ever erase all the happiness someone created, and hasn't said anything since.
The present time is no longer magic hour.

Yeah, I think it would have been better to not publicize his name.

Why not?

Attached: tenor (5).gif (333x498, 1.14M)

Hey man it's good that you gave at all, thanks

>Expert
"Expert says so-called experts are full of shit"

>Ikeda Sisters
Shit, it's obvious you'd have friends in there, but also your sister? How many hesitated to escape because they rather went back/down to try and save loved ones?

Considering how poorly other studios treat staff I'd be surprised if they wanted to leave, Never heard a news report about Kyoani over working staff or giving them ridiculous hours or at least I've never seen it posted.
The loss of talent is devastating but you can always train new ones and hope they surpass the old ones which is a huge possibility since Kyoani seem to have talented staff all over the place.

Attached: 1548495374247.png (418x498, 190K)

find a way

>Video starts, black screen
>"Has an anime ever made you cry?"
>clips of KyoAni anime start playing, primarly from Silent Voice, Hibike Yuriphorium and Violet Evergarden
>some random barely cohesive blabbering that include words "emotion" or "deep", or "drama"
>"They've changed... well, my life!"

Attached: Gsenjou+no+maou+is+now+on+steam+_d081914db710fa17c6cd2784426ebc5b.jpg (426x458, 33K)

>went back/down
From the interview with one of the survivors it was basically they had 15seconds to choose where to go, everyone that choose the stairs died and people who choose the balcony to jump survived.

I kinda thought this was a major factor in deaths as well. These male senior producers and directors didn't want to leave the young lives in there to burn by themselves. I'm sure other colleagues thought the same.

So apart from Horiguchi who left the company, everyone else from this picture is dead.

Attached: Kyoto Animation character designs.jpg (1500x3266, 983K)

Yeah, I come to think of them every now and then and it makes my heart sink. They created visions of the happy, care-free and beautiful in this world, so the way the reality of existance so brutally imposed itself on them specifically is a fucking gut punch. I can't imagine going through it, and I can't imagine being a relative knowing someone you love died having done nothing wrong in the most painful and scary way imaginable. Nightmare fuel.

Attached: 1451613130573.jpg (845x1200, 734K)

No amount would be "enough". Anything is better than nothing, though, and the more, the better. It will just get as good as it gets, and that's about it.

>watching youtubers at all
Disgusting. Why do you need to watch other random people talk about your favorite chinese cartoons? To validate your hobby? If they're going to pull this shit, then don't watch that trash and rewatch kyoani anime instead

This has even got me sympathising with Yamakan.

They still have Ikeda and Kadowaki
They'll be okay

That was for the K-on movie, the supervisor (from Houbunsha, not KyoAni) told her not to worry about the budget.

God, Shouko Ikeda's designs for the Haruhi movie is literally peak Haruhi and peak KyoAni, I don't think they've made a cooler looking movie since.

Attached: funimation-resurrects-the-disappearance-of-haruhi-suzu.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

Every time I come across an anime YouTuber I want to stop watching anime immediately.

Don't shitpost with Lina, retard.

>People die every day, get over it.
And these fucking people were relevant to us. It's shocking, you dont expect this to happen to people you love.

>You didn't even know any of them.
I knew their names and faces. I followed their work and was interested in their vision. These were hard working people that i respected.

>Ikeda
Oops, meant Takase

>Ikeda and Kadowaki
Takeda and Kadowaki

Did you not read OP? Both Ikeda sisters are "missing."

t. internet tough guy

Look pal, yuri=/=sol moe. Don't lump them together

To be honest, it's not about watching youtubers, but disdain for such manipulative tactics and churning out "emotional" videos simply to ride the wave of the hype while the news are hot (no pun intended). They are also all insanely similar, insanely emotional and maybe even will have a jewtuber crying in them and talk about how these cartoons changed their lives.

Sad news, yes, and talking about them is a good thing, but there will now be a wave of youtubers whose lives were changed by fucking K-on.

Attached: tx3ec1054bfz.jpg (650x768, 93K)

Okay, anti-moe psycho. I liked FMP, their work etheric, how they treated their employees, how hardwrking they were, their impressive art and visual storytelling. I wasn't really a fan of the moe stuff but i wasn't an intolerant anime harter like you.

>I can't imagine how much worse being a K-kyoanus licker must make it.
Absolute fucking hell doesn't even begin to describe it. Nothing we know of will bring the dead back. Genuine suicidal thoughts. It's liike i dont belong in this fucking world anymore.

Bet they cry when anime characters die lol

>all of these newfags falling for the bait

Maybe because this is a anime board retard. The people that died are significant to the medium. Alot of talent was lost. Also it was a bad way to die. Its different from some stranger who did nothing dying you faggot. Im not crying over it but it makes sense to want to help

Its hard to tell what is and is not bait anymore. It could easily be some edgy 14 year old that posted it

sent :)

Dude posted an old anime and the character is lina, obviously an bait

>Suicidal thoughts
I know this is a terrible tragedy but come on now

Attached: 1542661286850.jpg (184x184, 11K)

You guys think old talented staff will rejoin again to help rebuild or even make it their permanent home?

Whether it's bait or not bait the most productive thing to do is ALWAYS to ignore it.

It's that or be consumed by grief. For those directly involved in particular, but also for us to an extent.
Kyoani obviously symbolized something for a lot of people. Even if they didn't know it themselves.
That something has been crushed near to death.
It's all we can do to hold on to what's left. The problem is we don't know exactly what is left yet. We don't know exactly what is lost. As that becomes more apparent the grief will just keep on hitting.

You got a fast burning hot fire below you and you're in going up the chimney of that oven (staircase).

The smoky hot gas depleted of oxygen will get you and "licks" of fire burning up won't even really make a difference.

Before you ask: Why get into the chimney? It was probably because the room connected to it was still nearly instantly full with overheated smoky gas that didn't really feel all that different, so you basically might not didn't have time to think whether it was the better idea than dropping down from the 2nd or 3rd floor.

Nip fire regulations suck.

Kannagi was pretty good.

Wake Up, Girls! was pretty successful, too, but he also got fired from that before the most recent season.

2/10 bait. Try harder next time

I think some will, most definitely.

You are right. The attention is all they live for

>but he also got fired from that before the most recent season.
He staffed somewhere else now?

>Genuine suicidal thoughts. It's liike i dont belong in this fucking world anymore.
Is this what autism is like?

Attached: 1559131625752.gif (250x381, 87K)

He's working on a scrowdfunded project of his own, a film called Hakubo, that he vowed back in May would be his final work in the industry.

He's also in the middle of bankruptcy proceedings.

Well I was thinking maybe he'd go back but that bankruptcy will probably make the president of KyoAni not want him

Those articles seem to only mention Kazumi Ikeda. Is there an actual source that also mentions Shouko as missing?

Japan doesn't have a mental health defense
He will be put to death but probably by hanging or poisoning

>my favourite animator might be dead and i never got to meet him in person
>planned to go to Japan to thank him and tell him i appreciated his work but may now never get the chance

youtube.com/watch?v=QUnT3Hw7gEo
>no more kigami style effects by the man himself
>dynamic 2d camera movement

Sorry that you're fucking heartless.

>countless other animators are dead who's vision we'll never get to see
>wont ever get to the other hard working staff who died

Attached: ece9c07af74be823dca6ada453b8bd27.jpg (1152x648, 70K)

Same here

Attached: 5d2f4b821ac2c.gif (480x270, 984K)

I would assume they prefer to leave it up to the family to inform the public when and if they see fit. Or to the affected people themselves, some will be permanently disabled, disfigured, traumatized. Not everybody will take well to a barrage of "wew, glad you're still alive, you made it!" when they just had to watch their friends and co-workers being burned alive in front of their eyes.

>minutes?
Looks like its own time unit, bullets to the head certainly don't take 2 minutes

If you're actually having suicidal thoughts, channel that into finding ways to support them through this. Learn to draw and make some fan art, if you can play an instrument try and learn some of your favourite songs, send them a letter, etc. It's hard and it sucks but you clearly value them so keep living to find ways to express that.

We'll find out about anyone who's able to work in the future again when they work on something. The credits are usually extensive after all

>Kazumi Ikeda
>Chuunibyou Character Designer
>Clannad Character Designer
>Kanon Character Designer
>MCPW Character Designer
>rumoured character designer for Electricity
This whole thing is like a fucking joke. I can't believe this shit is actually real. So many treasured staff members.

>Japan doesn't have a mental health defense
That's actually not true.

It came into play in the case of Tsutomu Miyazaki (the infamous "Otaku Murderer"), for instance. However it's a pretty high threshold. In that case, even though Miyazaki was found by court-appointed experts to be schizophrenic and have multiple personality disorder (he claimed his alter ego, "Rat Man," made him do it), he was still determined to be capable of distinguishing right and wrong, and therefore to be responsible for his actions. He was hanged in 2008.

>He will be put to death but probably by hanging or poisoning
Hanging. That's the only method Japan uses.

>If you're actually having suicidal thoughts, channel that into finding ways to support them through this.
Thanks and i will.

>send them a letter
Wanted to for a long time but it's difficult when you don't know japanese.

Thank you for your kind response.

GlowAni

And Takemoto, in addition to directing all of the series OP listed, was responsible for the key animation for the OP of Air, which I think many regard as one of the best OPs of all time.

You can try and learn Japanese for that purpose, or don't be afraid to reach out to someone who speaks it to help you translate.

Fucking hell. It's so sickening, especially watching moe haters lauging at this. If anything without Takemoto there will be more moe now. This was the fucking FMP director.

>>watching youtubers at all
Yeah what kinda loser watches youtube!

>This was the fucking FMP director.
He was also the Maid Dragon director so it's actually a win/lose situation.

Yea but he directed the shows with the best action.

You need to be at least 18 to post on this site.

Definitely more of lose than a win, yeah.

>caring about youtubers
You need to be 18 etc.

Same desu. I got banned from here for 3 days for trolling day 1 but now I'm mad at how quickly people just forget about stuff and expect the victims to fend for themselves. I worry for their quality of life and the mental battle they now have to face in rehabilitation, the lack of patience in their society for their injuries etc.

also cant help but feel someone has plucked something I was probably going to do (watch stuff they were set to release) right out of my future, someone I don't even know has that power

I care about content, not the person who makes it. Keep acting like you're too cool for school. Imagine caring about imageboards or even posting here. Imagine caring about anime at all. Lol it's like they're on the other side of the planet who cares about anime anyways lol. See I'm as cool as you now

None of it was a win, you sick fuck.

>muh e-celeb "influencers" might make less Fortnite Let's Plays due to this
The horror. The horror.

t. youtuber
Yeah because watching talentless trash talk about their feelings about anime is equal to watching actual content

"Dude what's empathy lmao who even has emotions these days"

Attached: 1521923875912.jpg (466x493, 41K)

Image boards are good, most youtubers are cancer who don't deserve a speck of attention. Now fuck off.

My daily routine since Thursday has been listening to KyoAni OSTs and crying.

Attached: 34153687.gif (500x281, 881K)

It's not even happening.

Hit the gym, fatfag.

Attached: 1328639136252.png (642x481, 485K)

>KyoAni is fucking dead
>burned alive in the flames of make believe vengeance down to the last man
>life moves on as usual on Yea Forums
Honestly that's the real scary shit right here. Some copycat could burn down another studio tomorrow and everything would be back to the regular schedule after a day or two.

No one cares about your dead grandparent, fuck off.

>Sorry that you're fucking heartless.
Sorry that you're fucking overreacting.

Personally I would feel upset if my favorite studio/doujin gets burned down, but feeling "depressed" and "I wanna kill myself" is genuinely pathetic. Get over it within a day or two even three and move the fuck on.

Shit happens every day to things we care and don't care about. Having such a shitty outlook on life after such events is worse than being heartless. Empathy is okay, but all this excessive abloo abloo from you and the entire anime community is ridiculous.

Attached: 1558011913082.jpg (1077x1053, 84K)

>The largest mass killing in Japan since WW2
seriously?

man, is disturbing also that these people wished the best of intentions for the world through their work, yet they got a very violent fate that even a lot of drug dealers dont even face. I wish o could do something about this.

Sadly, yes.

Basically this + the profiteering.

It feels like I'm losing my mind. The amount of shit that just gets memory holed out of existence within 2 weeks.

>he envies others for still being able to feel something and is trying to project overconfidence and stoicness

We’ve all been there user. Still doesn’t stop everyone from getting second-hand embarrassment from you though.

What do you want Yea Forums to do, honestly?
Sure, I care and worry about the deceased, the missing, their co-workers, and their families, but what do you expect Yea Forums to do about it?

I wanna suicide me.

>e begging
yikes

What a shitty moralfag thread
Were not a hugbox support group, go burn yourself

>Some copycat could burn down another studio tomorrow and everything would be back to the regular schedule after a day or two
Trigger or even worse, Gainax, could go up in flames. Who on Yea Forums would care? Nobody, because nobody on Yea Forums can do anything else than watch the world burn.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic here but we're just Anons behind a computer. How do you expect somebody here to travel to Japan and prevent that, or do anything about it?

This.

>Sorry that you're fucking overreacting.
People died you stupid nigger and as far as we know death is the end and there no way to bring them back.

>Personally I would feel upset if my favorite studio/doujin gets burned down, but feeling "depressed" and "I wanna kill myself" is genuinely pathetic.
What's pathetic here is you.

>Get over it within a day or two even three and move the fuck on.
Would you be ok with people moving on from your death in a day or 2?

>Shit happens every day to things we care and don't care about.
That doesn't make this okay.

>Having such a shitty outlook on life after such events is worse than being heartless.
>mpling whatever the FUCK life is even matters after this
We live in a universe of cause and effect, nothing should even exist.

so did the guy actually use all 40l of gas or only the small bucket?

>spending days shitposting the same thing because you have nobody that cares about you and no purpose in life

Yikes

This isn't exclusive to Yea Forums, it's a part of life in general. Especially in the modern era where we have so much exposure to news and tragedies that it desensitises everyone.

We're not a hate space either you piss drinker.

As if southamericans or french people aren't giving money.
Fuck off.

The toxic fumes and smoke particles themselves can catch fire, too, at sufficiently high temperatures, which will spread like wildfire, and most of those fumes and smoke will have risen to the highest point, the stairway to the roof.

Here's a flashover demonstration, at around 2:45 the smoke under the ceiling catches fire.
youtube.com/watch?v=BtMmymOxdjc

>death is the end and there no way to bring them back.
Not with that attitude!

Attached: 3vbumyf9k7m21.jpg (679x564, 122K)

yep

Your comment sounds very hateful

I think Yea Forums's reaction here is pretty reasonable. We have multiple KyoAni threads going on all the time and most of them hit bump limit. What's sad is when you go to a mainstream news site and there's fucking nothing, or maybe a single brief mention about the incident from the 19th or 20th.

reminder to report troll posts made by the discord-niggers from Yea Forums and move on with your day

just wait 10 years

Attached: 1563854212352.jpg (1200x680, 191K)

Eh we use to have literal circlejerking happenings here, why not a hugbox?

Did he succeed?

>insurance
As it seems, a lot of insurances don't cover arson, for obvious reasons (owners burning their own shit down) and I really doubt that there is much money to get by suing the murderer for all he has, as that's probably just a PlayStation and a few dirty napkins.

>I CANT LIVE WITHOUT MY MOE BETTER KILL MYSELF

you should cover yourself in gasoline and light yourself ablaze to emulate kyoani

Immortality is not the same as revival from death.

Here's the thing user. Alot of people, including you, care about these deaths that happened with the arson. No one here is going to care about your death.
So having suicidal thoughts about this is the most soulless thing you could be telling us right now.

Notre dame and now notre japs, seems like this year is all about burning things down.

You deserve a ban

>What do you want Yea Forums to do, honestly?
I'm not sure myself. I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it. Literally overnight we potentially shifted to a timeline without KyoAni and at the same time it feels like something so minor. Next season you could go back watching some anime and forget it even happened. I don't know. This is strange to think about.

2/10 bait doesn't deserve a (You), but whatever: thinking KyoAni is exclusively "moe" shows is the biggest tell that you're a crossboarding faggot.

Hatta made a statement that they are still going to continue making animations, but they just need some time.
This is the biggest "will they find a way?" yet [spoiler[but I believe.[/spoiler]

He's been going at it for like 3 hours now, ignore it.

Attached: hibike (4).webm (960x540, 2.9M)

I can guarantee you that there already have been suicides about this tragedy in recent days. It will just take a few months before the landlords find the bodies.

Add own music.

Attached: 1563814075464.png (678x576, 79K)

Pro tip: if you press ctrl+s, it creates the spoiler tag for you automatically and correctly

Come on, light yourselves ablaze.

If you don't do it, Aoba-kun wins!

This, didn't care about my grampa dying because it was inevitable and he was suffering.

I do feel bad for victims but this whole situation had little impact on me emotionally even though I liked KyoAni

usually I do, but for some reason Yea Forums has been kind of broken for me recently - can't see poster IP, can't refresh, can't quick reply, and using ctrl+s just pops up a save menu when I select the text

>People died you stupid nigger and as far as we know death is the end and there no way to bring them back.
Until a method for resurrection is discovered, consider death the end then.

>What's pathetic here is you.
ok

>Would you be ok with people moving on from your death in a day or 2?
I would rather have people go along their daily lives and remember me rather than cry about it forever. Death will happen to all of us sooner or later, and crying about it before, during, or after it takes does nothing. Memento mori

>That doesn't make this okay.
I never said the arson is okay, dummy. Overreacting and being too upset about it is not okay.

>>Having such a shitty outlook on life after such events is worse than being heartless.
>>mpling whatever the FUCK life is even matters after this
>We live in a universe of cause and effect, nothing should even exist.
Mate seriously get help. No benefit in killing yourself if others got killed.

Such is life.
I'm not claiming to be woke or enlightened or any of that shit, but seeing people getting excessively emotional and bewildered over dying is baffling. What is worse is the implication that "not expressing extreme empathy = heartless bastard".
I don't see Japanese going batshit over what happened, so is this something exclusive to modern western society?

Attached: 1558783328227.png (500x500, 14K)

Attached: problems on your end.png (182x193, 61K)

You’ll discover in life that literally nobody cars about your sense or flavor of justice. It’s quite high on the cringe tier list actually.

This

Disliking moe doesn't make you a troll, you queer.

I'm glad we have our Yea Forums women to comfort our grieving anons during times like this. Nice.

>be burned alive, hospitalized, have your legs amputated and be mutilated for life
>gaijins donate your boss $2 million

Attached: 1495696262822.png (827x1300, 261K)

no but crossposting from Yea Forums makes you a subhuman ape

>le men don't have or are not allowed emotions cancer
when will it end?

It still makes you a discord-nigger from Yea Forums.

Nip fire codes are shit. The place would've never passed code in Europe or Burgerland. The reason why so many died was because the stairwells were not fire resistant.

>He hates Kyoani though.
[citation needed]

Fire codes change in response to fires. Japan has been relatively trouble-free since ww2. There’s been no reason for them to change their centuries-old city.

in his mind? yes, badly.

Myoja should have kicked their asses into reforming their fire codes, but of course they swept it under the rug.
I think the biggest problem is that there's so many old buildings in Japan made from flammable materials that they have no idea how to proceed.

>send them a letter
dont worry user baoiretto evergarden will make sure kyoani receives your letter

*Myojo

I found such pictures oddly satisfying.

Attached: 3c840248096dcb1611aa76b1825c6c83.jpg (650x366, 24K)

So can we say a building completely made in wood is always a bad idea?

>Until a method for resurrection is discovered, consider death the end then.
I'm sorry but this is not intelligible.

How do I do this on my phone anons? I-i am a returned oldfag.

Call me a faggot but I literally wrote them a letter on the 19th. In English. Send one if you want, it’ll be worth it.

Clover has a button which does it for you.

NO. That's not the fucking issue. A normal fire wouldn't have killed 34 fucking people if anyone. Is non bulletproof clothing automatically bad now becuase of mass shooting victims who's deaths coul've been prevented for not wearing it?

Yeah, it be a bad look if the money is used to built a building but doesn't go to the burn victims to support them.

Test. Let's see if it works.

>Sorry that you're fucking overreacting.
You're the one who's overreacting. The guy is just sad, not a big deal. Take a walk and calm down.

How are you all coping/dealing with the loss?
I've just been watching a bunch of western sitcoms to no relief

Attached: 18-7-19.jpg (1024x1650, 438K)

Fuck. You know what, i will and tell them i wanted to send them one previously but couldn't because of the language barrier. wouldn't want them to think I'm just sending them it because of this incident. I can always send them another in Japanese once i learn it.

>tomorrow 20 shizos burn every anime studio in existence
>sorry guys, anime is dead, Yea Forums's closing down, everyone go home
>such is life

This could actually start a trend.

Are you not sending it because of the incident? Don’t overthink it, just write down what you want to say.

There were plenty of mistakes that need to be fixed in next building. For once that spiral staircase did spread the fire too fast to the other floors.

>Anime calmed my stress and was a source of happiness.
>Since the incident I can't really enjoy it the same way as before. Something feels off
Faggot not only took Kyoani away from me, but anime as well.

Attached: tenor (2).gif (480x270, 417K)

No. It wouldn't have been an issue in a normal fire, thats their design choice and i think it looked good. They could not have been exprcted to prepare for this shit.

Yea Forums anime threads have better discussion than Yea Forums usually.

Right, nothing should be changed just because an autist decided to sperg fire on a building.

>There were plenty of mistakes
According to local authorities, their fire code is perfect.

*dabs on your ashes*

>defending maggot-infested scrap heap

There’s a reason people look down on you.

wouldn't the families sue kyoani for shitty security/protection against fire? 2 million isn't nearly going to cut it for the lives of 70 people being affected. Needs another 0.

yeah, but Yea Forums has better cunny threads

Nothing could save the building from arson, but more fire exits could save a lot of lives.
But more importantly, just 1 security guard could prevent all this.

>those scorchmarks on the balconies

No wonder people couldnt get out.

Oops, accident reply at the end.

That's not what i said. It's a fact that they couldn't have reasonable prepared for an attack like this, all things considered. The mass murderer could've used another method.

Unironically based stone cold user working the underage manbabies.
KyoAni colaborated into making anime the trash that is today.

>Also japan is first world country i doubt they need donations.

nice bait, retard.

Attached: C926A5AF-704C-41D1-8444-7AC852567AA8.jpg (750x694, 259K)

>Police think a partner in crime inside the building could have helped the arsonist that morning.
OK we are full Meitantei Conan now

Yes, you stupid fucking mod. We see the fucking header. It's not even on Yea Forums, it's fucking site wide.

Why are you asking us to donate to a scam again? We see it in the header enough already.

>It's not even on Yea Forums
yes it is

Imagine being this buttmad about anything

retard, stop embarrassing yourself.

>Human compassion
>Implying humans are good

Yes, donate your entire wage to the scam, so Sentai gets a cut, and Hiro gets his cut for advertising as well.

>donate money to a business
Wat

>he makes 7.50 an hour and thinks we’re donating a measurable fraction of our net worth

I’m honestly embarrassed for you

I don't even work, you fucken autist. Not all of us were born in a poor household like you. Stop freaking out it's not your money.

And you make $0, you worthless fuck. Get a job instead of begging for money online, you loser.

>fucken

Judging by your spelling, you don't go to school either. An uneducated, jobless, worthless fuck.

>donate money to arson victims and their families
Sounds right to me

I rather be stupid than a working slave.

Here I am, phoneposting from my office looking at you seethe and contort your mind to fit your situation. Starr by emptying out the piss bottles.

I know. I couldn't bring myself to watch any anime for two days after the fire.

Attached: I_know_that_feel-(n1301631184128).jpg (571x515, 80K)

>I'm a dumb retard without a job and no formal education, so I'll pretend I work in a office so I'll feel better about myself!

I'm actually hiring your whore mother to type this out for me while she's blowing me on my private yacht.

PS - My son is a worthless fuck

Perhaps you should've been the one to burn in a house fire. Maybe someone would donate to your death.

Oh wait, you have no job and no friends.

Am I supposed to care about how others think and feel? You sound like some premier beta provider, bravo.

Late, but I've been feeling the exact same. I've hardly had any sleep or food and I've cried a lot of times, hell even made me cry because it hit close to home. Hang in there anons.

Wait... people are fine with donating to GoFundMe?

I wonder what cut Sentai are taking for themselves as a transaction fee.

Attached: 1462837393910.gif (444x711, 2.65M)

25% to GoFundMe for using the platform.
15% to SentaiFilmworks for collection, distribution, and administrative costs.
10% to Hiro for advertising and awareness costs.
10% to Japanese taxes covering for-profit donations.

20% to KyoAni for studio recovery costs.
15% to victim funeral allocation funds.
5% to victim's families for potential wages earned.

based

>you have no job and no friends.
you're right and i'm fine like this. but at least i'm having fun reading your shitposts in my two story mansion at $0 cost. enjoy working your ass off.

Heh heh heh

Attached: IMG_3392.jpg (360x360, 27K)

>two story mansion

holy fucking kek

5th ranking Kyoanifag on Yea Forums here, yes. It's legit unless sentai want to commit public suicide. I've seen people talking about how it might not be good because who knows if kyoani will accept it or not. But one of the good things about a company getting a go fund me up so quickly is that it has help deter scams.

Are you by any chance an American?

can't you tell by my spelling?

Mexicans and Americans have the same literacy rates.

and?

Go shit up the thread elsewhere, you don't even know who you're replying to.

What'd you expect from kyoanifags? Nothing against the studio and some of their work is alright but their western fans have always been some of biggest fart sniffers going. I honestly expect them to start calling themselves 2nd gen survivors saying they're going to therapy with ptsd and how brave they are for following the studio through this ordeal.

I've mostly coped, but I do get depressed when I think of the studio. My next watch of Nichijou is gonna feel odd.

And now I HAVE to buy that K-On box set. It'll set me back $150, but fuck it.

Attached: 519abf911caeb988ef6c5ed56d97c377.jpg (900x650, 115K)

>all these angry faggots replying
lmao

Attached: 1563696759069.png (243x198, 34K)

based

How can one be working at an office when he's an ESL?

Whom should be believe*
Learn English.

Why are merimutts shitting up this thread?

Fuck off.

Samefag

all me thanks for the (You)'s

Heh. So now it's you who doesn't knows who you're talking to.

Attached: 1556586194764.jpg (800x448, 54K)

Schizophrenia at its best.

@191066743
>doesn't knows

Literally an ESL merimutt.

of course you'd defend yourself, faggot.

But one of those post was mine. I was calling out the shitposting loser.

Who are you talking to though? Lamefuck.

>kyoanus niggers said about dead japs
good riddance

holy based

Fuck off stupid retard. Stop talking to yourself.

>every single kyoani thread from this moment on will have arson jokes
I'm already exhausted at the thought

youtube.com/watch?v=bfhc4moxreo

Probably jobless retards who spent 10 hours a day rewatching Violet Evergarden. Obviously it was a tragedy, but no one else is autistic enough to "grieve" for days over an animation studio full of people they have no connections to.

I'm only hoping there'll be a kyoani left to make threads about.

They will never be the same from now on. So deal with it.

I wish I could be cool like you and spend 10 hours a day ban evading in a thread about a studio I don't care about and samefagging. Really living up to those 14 years of fatherly abuse.

Here we go

Attached: 675869-547a010.jpg (222x218, 28K)

this.
go cry to your boss about your low paycheck, poorfag.

They've been trendsetters for as long as I've been into anime. They've been responsible for creating stuff that has shaped me as person. And as I've come to really appreciate and respect the inner workings in this media landscape, that constantly seems to be riding on the cusp of implosion, they've been constantly making things that bring so much joy to my life with a level of craft that is above and beyond what most others are striving to do. They were tightknit, they were committed to fostering talent. Amidst all the doomposting and other legacy studios splintering, aging out or selling out they seemed untouchable.

And then some crazy fuck kills and cripples half of them in what was probably no more than 10 fucking minutes. I'm going to be upset even after I see them get back on their feet if they ever can.

I will be in Kyoto in October, and while I was hoping to stop in and pay a visit to their shop down the road, I guess I'll be resting a bouquet of flowers at a memorial as well. It's not fair, they didn't deserve this.

Attached: 6JnA.gif (400x300, 309K)

>my favorite animation studio is gone
>fug I wanna kill myself
>waah I haven't eaten in 5 days
Sorry I couldn't take anyone in thread seriously.

>The POWER of ANIME
vomited in my mouth a bit desu

So what brings you here?

Want me to tell you how I know you torture and kill small animals?

where the fuck did that come from?
>oh you don't cry and grieve for 3 weeks over an animation studio in japan?
>you must be a psychopath that rips apart small innocent animals
Can we start calling these fags KyoAutists?

Not him nor a Kyofag. But it's pretty obvious you're a sociopath.

Being born in a commie shithole definitely needs POWER OF ANIME to uplift their spirits.

Try:
>has no business in the thread
>obviously tries to start up shit by samefagging himself into any conversation
>spergs out like there's no tomorrow when people are expressing genuine grief because he doesn't understand why people would be affected by it so obviously tries to feel better and stronger than others that are at the moment more vulnerable than him
>gets even angrier when he's called out on it
Really screams self confidence and sane character. Your turn.

kys shane dawson
I'm not even the guy you were originally replying to. I just showed up to call you what you are, a delusional and autistic faggot

>/pol/
here we go.

commie shithole IS anime

Attached: ra-2.png (604x340, 320K)

You call these guys out for making some overdramatic Myspace-tier teen angst posts, and suddenly you're a animal-killing psychopath. Actually comical.

Yeah, let's ignore the fact that Russia is a shithole with one of the highest suicide rates, lowest median income, and highest alcohol consumptions in the world.

>I'm totally not samefagging, guys
You (((just))) happened to stop by, triggertard?

I mean, yeah, that sounds about reasonable, it's a thread about anime, not Russia. Good point user.

Attached: tenor (2).gif (220x149, 94K)

Yeah, let's fucking ignore it in this thread that doesn't have anything to do with Russia.

Should I watch Violet Evergarden or Hibike Euphonium

>kys shane dawson
Wow. You're old, faggot. Take your irrelevancy to some other board.

You pathetic fucking loser.

The video image is in Cyrillic, you dumb shit.

Hibike Euphorium by a long ass mile. They aren't even in the same tier, VEG is one of KyoAni's most mediocre works.

This isn't a fucking general. There's no updates to the situation, you don't need threads flooding this board.

Who gives a shit?

Go on, what's your point?

Obviously you do, since you're replying to me.

>anime youtuber

You gotta be fucking kidding me.

Attached: 1501008101415.jpg (250x250, 19K)

why is every single one of them using Violet on the fucking thumbnail
kyoani has more shows for fucks sake

Both. Hibike is worth it just for the stylized and authentically acted out performances and Evergarden is just for the audiovisuals and technical merits. Not to say there aren't plenty of other reasons. Also read about Kyoani here(blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/08/25/the-evolution-of-kyoto-animation-a-unique-anime-studio-and-its-consistent-vision/) beforehand. It may help you appreciate their works better

Violet Evergarden by a long ass mile. They aren't even in the same tier, Hibike is one of KyoAni's most mediocre works.

Half the thread are KyoAnus lickers who are also YouTube e-celebs fanboys.

It figures.

Fuck off with your e-celeb shit.

Trigger has been a burning mess for a while. That's why I donate to them.

Why do you lie? Violet Evergarden is Anime of the Decade. It's the most impressive tv anime of all time.

Because she's the prettiest. It catches normies attention.

It's the most advertised KyoAni anime.

he's so handsome

Attached: vds.jpg (286x286, 23K)

Because she's not a complete fanservicing moeblob loli, like the rest of kyoani's character's

He took care of the most cancerous and underaged fanbase in anime.

this actually makes sense
huh

based, and I repeat, BASED retards

What's that around his fat waist?

A purse.

>bringing studio war shit here
I fucking hope mods permban you. Kyoani are better. Like it or not Kyoani earned their success and never begged for money like Trigger. This is not fucking comparable, no one at Trigger was fucking murdered.

Interestingly she's 14 in the novel but looks like a young adult woman in the anime. I thought she was at the very least 17 when watching the series.

fannypack aka incel certificaton

Why carry all that when he knew it'd burned with him?

She literally is.

Attached: moe blobs.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

fannypack for carrying his yu gi oh cards
never know when you might have to duel a nigga

Man, Hiroyuki really let himself go.

>I never loved my grandpa and didn't feel sad therefore you should too.
Yiu are either a psychopath or an unloved person

>whining about this but not the gotoubun thread we have up all the time
ok

Can you imagine what he smelled like wearing the same outfit for days?

Don't worry, we whine about that one too.

Shitty harem anime at least have weekly chapters, as well as raw threads, and theorizing as to what happens next.

This shit has no news unless the list of dead employees gets released. And the CEO already said it won't be released due to concerns for the family.

Unless more people die, there's no need for new threads.

>This shit has no news unless the list of dead employees gets released.
We don't need more news there is plenty of shit that needs to be discussed.

we've discussed enough already. where have you been?

Like what?

>pls donate
>fire regulations
>is he missing or dead

Shit that's been discussed repeatedly for the past 5 days.

Her age is unknown.

Not really. She's undeniably pretty but she was never given the kind of treatment previous KyoAni female characters got.
And by that I mean no bikini episode or bikini posters, no close up on the ass and so on, no excuse to take off her clothes, no lewd-ish merch, etc. They approached her in a much more serious manner, even the parts that would usually come off as simple moe had a different tone on her case.

Attached: 1516050278831.jpg (1920x1080, 141K)

Because she's a purehearted killing machine. They did mentioned her age in the anime itself.

>pls donate
yes

I haven't been here the whole time but stuff like anime producton costs, possible reboots, the momorial, all the decades of legacy that has been fucking lost, seriously crowdfundng their new projects like MDS2 to speed things up, how long it will take to train more animators, what will happen to the school if kigami is gone etc..

Anime said she was told that she was around 14. There is no confirmation of her age and besides she does look almost 20.

You're not donating for the studio. The money goes toward to helping the victims. You earn money from producing products. It speaks volumes when you want donations to fund your anime when they should be going towards the victims.

The GoFundMe campaign is HUMANITARIAN aid. This isn't a KickStarter.

Im not going to donate a single cent unless Takemoto is alive.

>You're not donating for the studio. The money goes toward to helping the victims.
I'm well aware. I was just talking about the other shit additonally.

I'm not going to donate a single cent unless everybody is alive.

You wouldn't want to offer any support to his family in the case that he isn't?

>It speaks volumes when you want donations to fund your anime when they should be going towards the victims.
I didn't say that you retard.

I know. Why are retards misinterpreting my post?

Why would Maid Dragon need to be crowdfunded? They have 2 other studio buildings. You make that shit and you sell it.