You're a neet?Just get a job and go to work bro lol

I can understand Sato but that wizard level guy turning into a functional human in THREE DAYS??

Attached: poster-780.jpg (780x1170, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/tatsuhikotkmt?igshid=1a6vcvzdtyy6j
pol.tokyo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm pretty sure they did this to show how easy it is to break out of your hikikomori ways and that the only thing stopping you is your own procrastination and laziness.

Hunger is a powerful thing.

I wish I was a NEET

It’s really not hard to get a shitty min wage job, just show up on time and don’t smell and they will likely hire you. Once you are on a schedule like that, it becomes much easier to do other functional human tasks to improve your life

Being a NEET is only sustainable if you have mom and daddy still feeding your sorry ass or you live in a country that allows welfare for losers who don't want to be working citizens.

Doesn't change that I want to be one. Waging sucks

How was he functional? He was working in a soul crushing dead end job, still had no friends etc. He might have been on the way there but he could just as easily just stay like that.

all you do every day here is socialize with hostile randos
Going into a service or sales job from that isn't fucking complicated

Why doesn't Japan just give cute misaki gfs to NEETs to motivate them to get a job?

Is there Hikikomori?

Yeah this
I started working a week ago and just being forced to get up at 7 in the morning fixed a lot of shit for me
I quit today though because it turns out they were paying me the equivalent of $2.50 US an hour to sweat half my bodyweight out in the hot tropical sun for 7 hours a day

whats the best way to quit, thinking about lying and saying I have an interview today and then tomorrow saying I got the job and I'll be working elsewhere.
sounds good right?

You don't need to give a reason.

Among other things, I don't like how Yamazaki was somehow made to be the relative voice of reason in the anime.

Japan doesn't understand depression or anxiety disorder. They don't even believe in mental illness.

It should have ended with him killing himself, then a few scenes commenting on society produces these kind of existences at a stable rate.

Yamazaki didn't have much voice of reason. He was almost as delusional as Satou.

>wizard level guy turning into a functional human in THREE DAYS
Because if they posted actual suicide this show probably didn't get that release.
I still don't know what happened in novel, though.

Go to work nude and quit before you get fired or reported

I left my house 10 times per year once. Does it count?

You're right, but I don't want to end on bad terms. Ah, maybe it really doesn't matter anyway fuck it.
I have to go back and get my coveralls and boots one day

It's not bad terms. Give them your two weeks notice and say you've got something else, or say nothing at all. It's a bottom of the barrel minimum wage job, they don't care.

Keep on working till you actually have another job and then quit.

Relative to the book, he was with how he went around scolding Misaki and Satou, though. He's actually worse than Satou in the book, a lot more neurotic and high strung, and they're not really at friendly terms at any point, unlike the anime.

Because it doesn't work. Sato got a job because his allowance was cut off. All the other stuff was pointless.

That shit normal, especially for entry level crap. They know you won't be sticking with them for the long term, just inform them beforehand like the other poster said.

Having a job doesn't make things better. We're still subhuman waste.

Attached: 1486307603154.png (768x768, 448K)

Functional human being = having a job

It literally doesn’t matter if your only companios is ever growing pack of semiferal cats or that you spend all your free time playing LoL despite being 40. Back in the middle ages, these kinds of people would be considered crazy and probably a witch, now they are perfectly functional human beans because they wagecuck. This attitude, this replacement of community and religion with a job, will be a downfall of this civilization.

But you're not sucking up other people's expendable income, which is uktimately what Abe cares about

>We're

Just getting a job doesn't equate to being satisfied with your life.
Also when are we going to get another good wageslave anime/manga?

Attached: 34325a301d9c7d9aa682e8c8392cd2ade4380669_hq.jpg (751x586, 104K)

But it's true. From society's perspective, somebody with a job is covering the expense of keeping them alive, while a NEET is a pure drain producing nothing of value in return.

Not my fault you were born by poorfags you fucking retard. Kill yourself.

>being satisfied with your life.
Pretty much no one has ever been satisfied with their life. Why are you, a worthless subhuman, somehow entitled to something even much better people have to work hard for?

>From society's perspective, somebody with a job is covering the expense of keeping them alive
The minimum wage workers are most likely getting subsidized by the middle class and above. I doubt they're actually self-sufficient.

At least they're generating some value. A NEET is literally worthless.

>>>Report for off topic OP

Even mentally ill people can work.
Either ending is fine, really.

Off topic thread, spamming

Autism?

Ironic considering you circlejerk how pathetic your lives are here right now in this thread

Please lay off the /r9k/. You're better than that Yea Forums.

First time on a Welcome to the NHK thread huh

So they are liars. Figures.

>Also when are we going to get another good wageslave anime/manga?
Isn't Shirobako getting a second season? But yeah there seems to be a lack of wageslave anime as of lately

Really? Never worked in sales.
I probably could've been a semi-decent salesman in a computer store since I know this stuff, but not much else.

How do people ever manage sales? I am a pathological liar with my family and acquaintances without even thinking about it but I can't stomach intentionally lying in a professional setting when money is involved. I am way too honest the second any kind of goods and services are about to exchange hands, which I guess was good when I worked as an engineer and always told the management things straight up, but I feel it's going to prevent me from ever rising up the career ladder.

>Literally have crippling social anxiety and progressive mutism to the point I can't initiate a conversation with friends I have known for a decade
>"dude just get a job or kys lmao" t. Not only you but also most professional help I've talked to over the years

its get a job or starve to death, didn't you watch the show?

have you ever been in a do or die situation? like, do it or literally die.

he at least can afford to live. and he has misaki and that other guy

Sometimes it's easier to die.

But do you want to die? That's the question.

That's how long it takes to find a job in a city if you are not picky.

Being a neet is one of the most disgusting things if done out of choice

>misaki
a girl who is more mentally ill than he is
>yamazaki
lives on the other side of the country

Problem solved then.

You didn't answer the question. Sato has all the same problems and excuses, but when he was faced with the do or die dilemma, he chose to do. Most people would choose to do, as evidenced by the relatively tiny proportion of the population that dies by suicide. Perhaps you'd be one of the diers, but statistically you'd probably find a way to survive too.

They don't pay, very little jobs are useful

I'm unironically hoping my illness will kill me in my sleep.

He was surviving on his own, rather than subsisting on his parents. Is his life happy? No. Is it fulfilling? No. But his hikikomori condition has been fixed. That's all there really is to it - NEETs will exist if you allow them to exist. Nothing besides leaving them high and dry will fix it, because why would they give up an easy existence otherwise?

How old is Satou supposed to be? It always bothered me that he managed to find a job that easily without any kind of experience. But then again maybe I'm extrapolating my third world country problems to Japan

The same thing happens to the dude addicted to MMOs.

You're hiding behind rhetoric. If you had nobody to support you anymore, would you be able to get over your mental problems and get a job, or would you die?

For most people, most likely you included, the self preservation instinct will kick in and overpower things like anxiety and depression.

Women who have sex before marriage are not suitable for love and kindness

For me the most hard hitting moment in NHK is when Yamazaki leaves

He's 22, I think

He's 22
>experience
it's literally a monkey job directing traffic around worksites.

Report for r9k off topic bullshit thread

Satou is still young, probably around 22. He had been living as a neet for a while when the manga started but he would still be in college (wouldn't have graduated yet) if he wasn't expelled for being absent.

Report for off topic

>discussing a show about NEETdom is off topic because a board that is full of NEETs exists
fuck off. also, announcing reports is a bannable offense.

Off topic r9k tier thread

Then report the thread and fuck off instead of bumping the thread, fucking retard.

Please fuck off from Yea Forums forever you stinky self hating NEETS

>Sato is 22
Fuck, it makes me feel i wasted my youth just like Sato

Attached: 1562689204477.jpg (440x351, 9K)

Announcing a report is a bannable offence

Kill yourself you fucking r9k faggots, go back to your containment board

Welcome to the NHK is a show about a NEET. It's got both an anime and a manga. This thread is on topic.

Off topic trash mods do something about this

It really hit me hard when I realized I'm older than him

Why is this guy having a meltdown?

why is this individual so mad?

You're not discussing the show. You're projecting your pathetic life in this thread
Case in point

>Less people talking about the show and they rather talk about how sad their lives are. boo hoo get over it you losers. If this isn't r9k tier faggotry then mods are literally breaking their own rules by not moving this to r9k or deleting it.

This is what happens when newfags don't know the rules. Mostly I see them being 3rd world seaniggers though

>Pathological liar with friends and family
>Can't lie to random strangers.
I think I know why your life is fucked user.

Go back to /toy/ and complain about figures in the DBZ thread

>m-muh Yea Forums etiquette

You guys are worthless humans, either assblasted because this thread reminds you how worthless you are or you're just bootlickers, which is worse.

Believe me once you start working on sales you become a sociopath at one point or another, same for working on a call center

Nobody likes a retard like you seanigger. Kill yourself or fuck off Muslim pig.

I have no trouble lying to random strangers so long as there are no contracts or accountability involved. But I simply can't stomach lying about something that can later be verified to be false, even though that's literally what all sales people do all day long.

user...

So if I take a sales job I could get over this hickup through practice? I often feel like my biggest personal flaw is an inability to sell myself, or anything. Mind you, I am a good liar, I just have this weird hangup about lying where the other party could easily find out I was lying.

Boo fucking hoo you stupid beta male. Go cry harder you ugly shitter.

Make me, faggot.

>Coming on Yea Forums and complaining about personal problems

Holy kek. This is just beyond sad.

>This attitude, this replacement of community and religion with a job, will be a downfall of this civilization.
Yes, specially the breakup of social bonds. Atomic family, gereneral anonymity, people dying in their home unnoticed and only being found because of the smell.
There's just no network anymore, that enables people to solve social problems a single person couldn't. Especially if it's something simple with wide ranging consequences, like alcoholism or homelessness.
But then I'm socially retarded and have no friends, maybe my views are invalid.

Been doing it for years and will keep doing it, friend.

>reddit spacing

I mean, ywn threads are a thing.

If a NEET runs out of food, there's not much he can do. Suicide, stealing, or getting a job. IF getting a simple job is easy, it'll be the job in almost all cases.

I worked for a video game company doing customer support and it was the worst job I ever had. I did it for about three weeks before I quit because of all the lying.

Nobody cares if you faggots do what you want, the problem is this thread is not on the r9k board. So either you fuck off or people will continue to complain.

Eh I can't really stand it either. I try not to lie at all if I can and especially in a professional manner but luckily lying in my job is highly discouraged and difficult.

Been going on for years newfriend.

When does the show get good?

Attached: Pew_pew.png (3588x1576, 391K)

Episode 1

Moot created r9k for a reason, newfriend

And it wasn't to be the failed neet board, but rather a creative board

The actual ending is perfect.

Not everyone wants to dive into that cesspool of hopelessness.

Yes; this totally.
I just had a huge argument with my dad because he says I should take my actuary exam to get a 'real job' but I think that would be 'selling out' since insurance companies are some of the most unethical institutions in exisence.
Fucking normies.

And then turns to shit at episode 2

Am I autistic for instantly noticing the typo in 'deliberately'?
Cringe

Yes, it's the creative writing board. Where people of all walks of life are welcome to try their hand at writing something, anything, so long as it has never been written before!

Can relate. At this point killing myself would be easier than being among humans.

Sounds like a great place to discuss anime.

literally, stop being a pussy faggot and get to work.
stupid waste of space

oh fuck off you sheltered child
boo hoo

Next year I'm going to be a wizard.

Already am for the last six years. Hence

if you weren't maintained manchildren you would starve for maybe half a day and go get a work at a 7-11
but you have your stupid ass parents giving you free shit after being 18
stop projecting your incompetence and baby syndrome, people can and will get work in under 3 days with or without help

Welcome to Europe

Yea sure they can work with a depression, but they would be doing a shitty job

>Guy is clearly mentally ill
>Just get a job lol
Literally clueless normalfag-tier advice.

Who gives a fuck about society?? Those judgemental assholes can go die in a ditch for all I care. Keep wagecucking and paying taxes while i take it easy.

What happened Yea Forums? These threads have been here for years. Looks like maybe some tourists are trying to fit in a little too eagerly.

>a country that allows welfare for losers who don't want to be working citizens
That happens to be exactly the case my friend

Attached: 1534545549899.png (262x347, 8K)

>if you weren't maintained manchildren you would starve for maybe half a day and go get a work at a 7-11
I don't have any skills except the IT-related. I'm just lucky that it pretty valuable right now.
If it's not for that, I will just starve to death since I probably can't even generate enough pity to beg properly.

Based welfare-chad. I'm looking forward to my next delivery of my favourite manga.

Jokes on you then for working in a field that's inherently unethical.

>wishing to be a burden on society
I can't wait for a new Euro crisis so we can finally tell all the useless public servants and neets to fuck off and work productive jobs or starve in the streets

Same. 200 euros a week to do nothing.

i started feeling better once i got a job. it's also fun to get better at your job. i work as a line cook, you know.

Who gives a fuck about being a burden on society?
Society is not your family.

the fun of being a neet dies out as soon as your funds do.

>hurr I cant work
Bull fucking shit
I my area (rural france) they are literally hiring anyone and everyone, for a shitload of jobs, doesn't matter the skill, and you only need to be marginally less retarded than the average wagwslave, cost of living is also more in line with the wages so you can live decently, just stop living in shithole cities that require 6 figures to live decently.

>Who gives a fuck about being a burden on society?
>Society is not your family.
Precisely, I still have to partake of 35% of my revenue at least to feed your lazy ass which is unacceptable, parasites like you are the reason politics stoped pandering to working peoples and turned to clientelism which will destroy the state in 20 years.

All I have to say is see you in 30 years, you'll have no pention, no family, no savings and you will have to recycle soda cans to put food on the table untill you die.

>take normalshit advice
>apply at multiple locations for work
>get denied a position because no experience
>normalshit responds with DUDE JUST OPEN YOUR OWN BUSINESS BE THE NEXT STEVE JOBS
>

But the author was a NEET himself.
I heard he become a NEET again after he published this novel.

It's not 2013 anymore.

Job market in the US is tight and jobs are plenty even without no experience.

>rural france
N O R M A N D Y
O
R
M
A
N
D
Y

He joined a cult.

What about an internship?

If laziness is just code for "unwillingness to be a wageslave," then fuck it.

>hurr I cant work
I can technically I'm a manager now holy shit, it's just my skill set is limited.
>I still have to partake of 35% of my revenue at least to feed your lazy ass
Sadly, I'm in this too. Well, it's still better than being penniless. And my point still stands: who gives a fuck about you and me? Certainly not Yea Forumsnon, and he has absolutely no reason to.
>politics
Is about acquiring as much wealth and power as possible. It's just less straightforward in the large-coalition regime then in small-coalition one.
There are two reasons why you pay 35% instead of 36%: after some point, additional money from taxes gives you less than tax reduction due to the tax evasion, and having low taxes is a crowd-pleaser to get the votes.
That's it. The government generally doesn't give a fuck about people who can't vote.
>you'll have no pention
Knowing my country - most likely. Except for the one I make myself.
>no family
Most certainly.

Attached: 1538686059010.jpg (332x499, 32K)

Press F for Greece.

EVERYONE WILL TEASE ME!

Is this /r9k/?
Alrighty then.
I'm 30, I've been hikkineet for 5 years, I can barely communicate with people outside my family and if I have to socialize for long periods (like an hour) I will begin to enter a state of mania which will lead to an adrenaline fueled mental breakdown where I start being violent.
My continued existence depends on my aging mother who is increasingly stressed by having to support me.
In the event something happens and I no longer have support, I will either starve to death because of my crippling anxiety, or kill a lot of people. Getting a job is not even an option for me because of my instability, lack of skill and lack of work experience. That dude that burned kyoani is giving me ideas with showing how effective arson is compared to having kill individuals one-by-one.

It's kind of an adaptional thing. In the original novel, he came across more as someone who was too lazy to fix his problems than someone with mental issues. The manga adaption portrayed him more as a guy whose issues were so severe that he just couldn't live a normal life even if he wanted to. The anime went with a toned down version of his manga character, but kept the conclusion from the novel. (in the manga, it took an attempted double-suicide for him to realize that every time he tries to fix himself just makes things worse, so he finally moved back in with his parents and slowly rebuilt himself over a couple of years)

>living in Greece
I'm so sorry for you user

Read the manga.

Nah I don't myself. I just feel bad for the Greeks.

Literally get a job or die faggot. No mommy cash for days and he's gonna die of hunger sooner or later, hunger is the best motivator.

Don't they have social welfare in Japan?

not really, after unemployment benefits run out you're on your own again. japan is hardcore capitalistic

Well sucks to be a NEET there I guess.

Not really sure on that, personally I wouldn't let my life sink so low I have to rely on my old folks to stay afloat. Doing the opposite of that right now, just have to climb the corporate ladder one step at a time.

According to Strongest Man Kurosawa part 2, they do. It's just the equivalent of living at a homeless shelter.

XD

For someone taking it easy you sound very angry and highly strung

Yes, they do, and not just single-mothers and the disabled but also neets. If any household's total income falls below the minimum living expense set by the health and welfare minister, the household is eligible for welfare benefits to make up the difference (and the sums are no worse than France or Britain or wherever). Many neets are supported in this way, although a much smaller proportion of neets apply for it than in other countries, because parents are more supporting or because its embarassing etc, and because a major difference to the european neetlands is that you're often required to sell off almost everything you own in order to be eligible. So they might make you sell off your precious games console or whatever if you don't hide it.

ignore this retard

>ignore this retard
meant for

Why is Europe so backwards?

In what sense, by not forcing you to sell off what you own? It's probably just because its very expensive and intrusive to monitor that sort of thing, and not very difficult for people to hide their valuables when being assessed. What European countries tend to do is just make sure you don't have any signficant savings or other major assets. Japan only does it to dissuade as many people as possible from applying.

e.g. the UK will make sure you don't have savings above a small threshold of a few $thousand, but doesn't care if you have a $3000 pc.

Apologies, I'm a faggot, I read that backwards.

There was that suicide cliff scene I don't remember if anyone died though

You don't need all that money, wagie. Thanks for finding my tendies.

Now that's some serious edge.

Starvation is a fantastic motivator. The best part about it is that it last for 1-2 weeks before you start becoming too weak to do anything, and it's absolutely agonizing.

Faced with 2 weeks of starvation or having to work, most people will work. Very few have the ability to starve themselves to death.

Additionally, the dopamine hit of getting food for work will literally rewire your brain to give a positive reaction to working.

Starvation probably is a great motivator but most NEETs aren't starving so that's that argument out the window.

>thanks for submitting a tip

The guy in the anime was.
He had no food, nobody to take care of him.
He was forced into a situation where he could starve, or get a job directing traffic at a construction site.

I was talking about the book, the fuck?

I'm sorry, it's very hot in my NEETcave today, luckily I can hang back and drink iced drinks all day, man would it suck to work right now.

He clearly had mental problems. I knows it's cool to be an edgelord on the 4channel, but if you don't want more stabbings/general preventable deaths I suggest pushing mental cases into a corner instead of offering them help is a bad idea.

Well in the anime I guess it worked then.

>t. retards who never fasted
It is difficult for the first 2 days, after the 3 day you don't feel hunger anymore and you feel full of energy and in a positive mood.
t. someone who actually fasted for weeks at a time

the entire point of NHK, he still unemployed because he reject "karoshi" - the Japanese term to describe death attributed to overwork.

Do you like working from 7AM to 10PM six days a week? If not, then don’t go to work in Japan.

You can get a part-time job, you know?

>I can understand Sato but that wizard level guy turning into a functional human in THREE DAYS??
You just have to believe in yourself, in those 3 days you could also make friends and find a gf.
Remember that there is nothing that you can't do if you really put effort into it.

Attached: a8oQpp6_700b.jpg (700x793, 64K)

>it's just so easy bro just go outside!

ahhhhhhhhhhh

thats a yikes from me dawg

Attached: 1556038822992.png (1288x236, 50K)

The average Japanese worker works 1719 hours per year, compared to 1779 in the United States, and the gap is widening. The only japs who work shocking hours are fresh salarymen (a shrinking proportion of the working population) and other junior full-time office workers. Nobody has to be one of these salaryman slaves, Japan has the same range of flexible or part-time working opportunities as any other economy. Being a salaryman gives you a lot of security, some status and confidence and makes you a lot more likely to get married and raise children, its a viable path for a lot of people.

The mental strain of a Japanese working environment can be a lot more severe than in more relaxed countries, certainly, but its definitely not "don't work in Japan unless you want 90 hour weeks".

I work in sales. The most important part is convincing yourself you're doing people a favor by convincing them to buy things. If you're selling insurance, you gotta tell yourself that they need insurance and you're protecting them, if you sell electrical equipment, you have to tell yourself that your products could better suit your customers needs so you're helping them by selling.

It is sometimes hard because you know it's a lie and you're motivated just by commission but that's how I manage

The manga for this series is kind of weird, I don’t know if it’s better or worse but it felt like it just subverts everything the show

If you put enough effort, even 12 hours is fine.

Attached: 1492443338178.jpg (720x1280, 97K)

Go read Eckhart Tolle's the Power of Now

7 year NEET here, I really want some war and nukes to be dropped so I won't be kicked out.

Sales people really are the scum of the earth.

>muh fictional story

This. Most NEETs and hikkikomori exist due to enabler parents and in countries with social welfare

>m-muh social anxiety

Live in 3rd world and developing countries where you can't afford to be a NEET and see if this excuse still flies

Me in a twenty-odd years.
At least I have a decent job so I can help my relatives and bury the dead.

Anyone here got cured? How did you do it?

>cured
Please elaborate.

I dunno man. Working is fucking absurd in a lot of ways literally everyone you meet has the next 40 years of their life planned out and your conversations with them will either reflect this or whatever entertainment is on.

There's also this weird surface tension where your boss will try to shame you and fill your mind with thoughts of responsibility and maturity but the illusion on the water breals pretty easily when you realize it's just about money and that your boss will abandon his principled rhetoric if you cause a situation where more gain is gathered by playing ball

Its a shame too, I like being responsible and having a purpose. But it feels more like I'm a costumed actor just playing at being principled working towards nothing

>it's just about money
>I like being responsible and having a purpose
What do you think being "responsible" is about?

If NEET's didn't have anyone who'd sustain their hedonistic lifestyle they'd probably turn into criminals anyway.
NEETs are a better option for society since there's a chance they'll just die alone before they do something that could harm others.

Is there any hiki/neet/person with extreme anxiety in this thread that overcame their conditions and if yes how?

5 year hikkineet here, I'm about to do something that I consider absolutely stupid and will likely change nothing but I have not done anything so far anyway so there's nothing to lose.
If it manages to push me towards being a better person, even slightly, I'll shitpost about it on Yea Forums. If not, who cares.

This is just dumb, a criminal context would bring even more anxiety and fear, you think robbing a house or a person would be easier than turning in a curriculum/homelessness?Most neets just want the bare minimum to be able eat and have electricity.

There's literally nothing wrong with being a shut-in NEET, or with giving up on life.

Attached: 1558098309539.png (508x424, 272K)

>he does it for free

Good luck user

NEETs are often emotionally and mentally unstable also stupid. Becoming petty criminals doesn't involve having to socialize with people which is part of why they become recluse.

Stop thinking NEETs are people, they're garbage human beings, push them to desperation and they'll become niggers.

Kurosawa is the superior “loser reformation” series

I mean he's already doing nothing. The idea being future gains.

What the fuck did I ever do to you? I just want to be alone and away from people I don't want to hurt anyone but myself.

>Conveniently has a hot chick sidekick from his old high school who wanted to have sex with him

>Also has an autistic but pretty young friend willing to do anything to be his girlfriend

I will never approve of this anime. It doesn't represent NEET's or hikikomoris whatsoever.

I'm
I only spent one year as a NEET, so probably not that severe. I just went and tried to get a job when sitting at home and doing jack shit became unbearable.
Doing nothing productive driving me borderline insane.
My mindset was pretty simple: I will not quit, my employer has to kick me out. Also being a lonely sad fuck is much more bearable with money.
Almost seven years in and I'm fixing issues with my health with moderate success. I'm losing weight right now. Also, I'm living alone after my last job change a year ago. Having my personal lair is a tremendous help psychologically.
That's something, right?

Your never fully cured of the things that make you a NEET. Exercise is a big help though.

>autistic but pretty young friend willing to do anything to be his girlfriend
she was just looking for someone more pathetic than her. Obviously it's not a 100% authentic NEET/hiki experience, it'd be boring if it was.

How do the anime and manga compare to each other? I've heard different things about both of them.

You're far more disgusting though, I'd take a NEET over you any day.

Don't you realize that just merely existing without contributing anything back to society, you're becoming a burden to everyone?
What are you living on, I hope it's NEETbux because if your family is the one paying for you being alive, well, you're already hurting them. If it's NEETbux then you're hurting society but it's not like you care about people who actually work for a living.
Just eat shit and sleep for the rest of your life.

One could make it more interesting by showing the fantasies that the shut in neet has.
Lel it would be actually nice if somebody created an isekai where the mc has psychotic hallucinations rather than being in a different world.

why is the wagie so mad?

I'm living off the money I earned before becoming a NEET. When that runs out I'm going to hang myself or jump off a bridge. Fuck off, I didn't do anything to anyone you spiteful dickhead.

You're only angry at neets because you have to work, and because you have to give up a share of the precious time you're burning on taxes. You think your time and money is becoming NEETbux?It's going towards corrupt politicians and lobbying companies, that's where you should be redirecting your anger to.

Not yet but I think I've found the cure. In my country if you're a long-time unemployed, you're probably going to be sent to one of these places where you're "rehabilitated" back to working life where you do stuff 5 hrs a day x times a week. I was at one where you had to learn coding.
Coding itself really wasn't my thing but when I was creating a game as a training project I felt for a short time more alive than I have for years. Planning and designing it was so much fun.
For me the answer to stagnation of NEETdom is creativity. Write, draw, code or whatever. Create what you want to create. It feels much better than just consuming works of other people.

I finished the anime , is the manga any good?

I've had crippling social anxiety since I was teen, in the past few years I've basically just been trying to make small improvements to myself. I started exercising at home to boost my confidence, my voice was weak and I stuttered easily so I started reading aloud in private, I made an effort to walk confidently and look people in the eye, even Yea Forums has helped me to toughen up and learn to laugh at myself.
Just taking small steps to self improvement like this is my advice, I'm not in a massively better situation now but I feel like a stronger person.

Huh never thought I'd actually hear of Yea Forums actually helping anyone but now that I think back on it /fit/ actually helped me get into exercise for the first time years ago.

>why won't society catter to my every need waaaaah
you should watch mob psycho 100

god fucking damn it , is the manga worth reading?

I dunno I never read it.

First rational post I read in this thread.

Shut myself in a while back. I remember telling myself I'd learn art or coding and just live life as a shut-in making money doing some odd jobs online. I rarely get out of bed anymore and can't motivate myself to do anything. Not sure why. I dunno I'm drunk and sleep deprived and don't know why I'm typing this, goodbye.

>neet from age 16-22 after I got a GED because HS gave me anxiety
>mom lost house because I was too pussy to get a job and help
>luckily uncle lets us crash a few months
>sister sees on facebook a warehouse is hiring (a really good place to find basic jobs btw)
>get the job without much of an interview
>promoted thrice because I'm a hard worker it turns out
>get myself a nice apartment because I'm making bank compared to where I could have went with my life
>slowly get confidence back, basic social skills after befriending the gorgeous 50y Trump loving milf in logistics
>got lean and strong from eating healthy and lifting
>went on a date with a stinky weeb girl and got ghosted after even tho I'm better looking
Ah well it's progress. I'm no longer kissless at least.

Next up is Brazilian Ju Jitsu. A shame it isn't Japanese, would love to have visited a Japanese Dojo eventually, but BJJ has enhanced it for maximum real fight application.

If I can do it so can you. We're all gonna make it, bros.

Attached: 1315794438913.png (593x408, 381K)

Taxes is theft retard, neetbux is pure loss for them.

I keep seeing anons say they got a job easily at a warehouse. What exactly are you applying for, just a position as a porter?

>go to work
>male coworkers see you are recluse and dont bother you
>females cant seem to not look for reasons to antagonize you for fun
>boss doesnt care if any of us die

Please help :(

I had a bad habit of overanalyzing everything and going through what I'm going to say next multiple times in my head. So when I then tried to say what I had in my mind (if I could overcome my cowardice) I'd stutter and mess up the order of things and just generally fuck it up.
So I just forced myself to talk. If I had an idea I instantly opened my mouth so the words would come out more naturally. If you accidentally say something retarded people might mock you for a moment, but even that'll eventually be just a drop of piss in the sea, if you just keep at it. It's a bit trite thing to say but if you want be better at something, you've got to practice it and put yourself out there.

tried it, didn't work, wage slavery sucks a fat one. I've been in uni for roughly 6 years on and off. I'm 27. I don't feel like less of a neet even though I'm studying a broad and working on a paper.
tl;dr world is a fuck, "just work harder" is flawed ideology

Stop making me my 8k a year in NEETbux and I start stealing shit to survive, now I'm in jail costing the taxpayer 50-100k a year. Well done libertardian

I've done various. Production line packing was my first job but it fucking sucks and pays the least.
Warehouse order picking is better. I actually do lab testing now.

I recommend order picking. For small businesses like mine you get a sales order from a shop, and just get a pallet and load it with all the products they ordered. Not much to branch to from this position, but you can get experience and learn how to operate a forklift and electric jack.

>Became a shut-in after a particularly shitty job
>I can't even get on a train without feeling my heart beat, I'm lucky I'm not a person who gets panic attacks.
>I can't bring myself to get out of bed and sit at a desk to do something productive
>been telling myself for the better part of a year I'd finally change and learn to draw and animate
>still sat here, doing nothing
Anyone got good suicide methods?

Attached: 1553244298537.jpg (1920x1080, 218K)

Unfortunately all suicide methods have flaws so none are completely painless and will always take some amount of effort.

I will probably go to a different city for uni, to become a translator/interpreter.I was somewhat of a shut-in my whole life but I have some social skills, people like me once they get to know me until I drive them away.

What are some things I can do?It could be jobs, activities, things you did in uni and liked it, any geniune advice really.

>they didn't inherit a business
???

>in THREE DAYS
What?

Do squats and order some premarin, you will become a trap and get paid good money to let old men them fuck you.

I'm not gay and don't want to be.

You're gonna kill yourself anyway so why do you care? you will get good money and be loved.

Got a very good job offer as programmer, to work over internet. It took a year until someone actually saw my face.

Attached: neet mindset.jpg (704x400, 52K)

>zero doujins
injustice.

Attached: 1962813232674.png (853x480, 366K)

Im sure no one on this site has been at the edge of real starving so I doubt anyone would understand, but again, author became a neet again so take everything he wrote with a grain of salt

Attached: 1562169423971.jpg (1280x719, 353K)

the novel is better

The author doesn't seem to be doing too bad if his Instagram is any indication.
>instagram.com/tatsuhikotkmt?igshid=1a6vcvzdtyy6j

I'm a wizard for 9 years already. Not such a big of a deal.

Also, don't waste time trying to prepare for social situations by reading self-help shit or telling yourself that you need to gain more knowledge so that you're ready for any topic. If you look at people around you, you'll see that it requires zero intelligence to have a normal social life; only experience truly matters.
Remind yourself that people are mostly occupied with themselves and don't really give that much of a fuck about what's going on around them; nightmare scenarios created by your anxiety are not real. When you've made an ass of yourself few times, you'll see that life still goes on everything is still the same. If you don't let it get to you, you'll be treated with respect.

t.

>20 yo unsocial/depressive students or tf no gf autist think they're NEETs
At this point it's just fancy subculture like emo

I don't want love from an old man you faggot, and I don't want a dick in me.

Good to see him well, read that he relapsed after writing NHK and was worried.

But I'm 27 and unemployed

Unemployed wizard here, do I count?

Based

Based

Is she hot?

Just drive to a lake, swim a few miles out until you're tired, and see what you have to say about that.

You're not discussing a show. I hate how it's gotten hijacked by you niggers. It's impossible to discuss now.

Look at dumbbell threads, mods allow those to stay up despite literally just being /fit/, so this can stay up too.

This, NHK is a fantastic anime in my opinion, and even if it isnt discussed like it should, all the neet larping here is entertaining to watch, at least it makes me feel better that with lower IQ and worse country I still manage to afford a decent living
I even have money to spend on my favourite authors

Attached: 1560096348381.jpg (700x698, 99K)

At least use your NEETdom to your advantage, get /fit/, learn how to not be a sperg, learn some good skills(easy as fuck with websites like udemy)

Then at least if shit hits the fan you'll be able to get a decent job

Read the novel. It's far superior.

>get /fit/,
no, fitness is shit.
>learn how to not be a sperg
I don't want to.
>learn some good skills
I have no motivation
>If shit hits the fan you'll be able to get a decent job
When shit hits the fan I'm going to kill myself.

lmao look at this triggered wageslave

well you have nobody to blame but yourself, if you're okay with that then that's fine i guess

lol, faggot.

I can confidently say is that I'd likely choose to starve to death.
One thing I'm good at is repressing myself by convincing I'm not worth whatever it is I wanted, I've fasted for days because of depression until my parents begged me to eat something, if there was truly no one left to care about my existence, yes, I would die than "get over" my mental problems, at this point I already consider my problems as part of my identity, this is me being myself, a pathetic loser who is better off dead.

Starving yourself to die is a pretty common method, though it's usually used by elderly who are no longer wanted by their family or people with terminal illnesses. My grandmother died quietly when her kids talked about how she was such a bother to take care of.

>wageslave
>NEETbux
/r9k/ tourists should fuck off back to Yea Forums /pol/ and /r9k/. Isn't one of your shizos not so long ago killed some girl and posted her beheaded corpse in instagram?

Attached: 1563507588310.jpg (886x1052, 136K)

Make sure you tag along your department for the month of boozing at the start. Everyone's looking to make friends and a ton of them moved there and are also starting from scratch. Keep in contact. That's the easiest way.

Reminder that Yea Forums is a hikiNEET board but you should stop being faggots about it

Attached: NakoSmileSticker.png (240x240, 11K)

/jp/ used to be the hikkiNEET board.

They have to feed their idols now
Welp, then dont label NHK as unrealistic like OP did

Saito snorts cocaine in the manga. I'll leave it up to you to read it or not

Man, why'd they do that? Shouldn't just leave out his legal psychedelic snowball mix just like that after he spent pages describing it.

Was GED expensive and how bad does it looks compare to a high school diploma

Sounds like the MC from higurashi

There's a lot of stuff they left out. If you want a true experience of NHK then this is a flowchart

Anime > Manga > Novel

Or if you're a purist

Novel > Manga > Anime

Are you still in HS. Fucking stay if so, I regret leaving.

I got it for free through a boot camp I was sent to for missing more school days than I attended.

If it's a high school level job it makes no difference.

You don't need to go into it balls deep instantly. Give something a quick look at least, then try it out some day for a while and go from there in small steps. I've had it happen to me many times that I'm painfully slow in starting things but then some day something just clicks and I start picking up speed and start advancing faster and faster.

Attached: 231415341342.jpg (818x479, 98K)

I think it's more for the sake of the story. A much slower pace story could and probably would have shown the transition to be harder.

I was just curious that's all. I almost lost my high school diploma because I got lazy in my senior year. I was such a nihilist that I thought a GED would not make much of a difference

there wasn't even this much blog bitching when Watamote came out, 2016 and phones really did kill Yea Forums didn't they

>fasted for days
Come on man. That's some pleb tier depression you got there.

fucking mods did

Welcome to the NHK is my favorite anime of all time. I must have rewatched it like 8 times already.

No anime I've ever seen has been so relatable, so terribly realistic. Goddamnit, it's such a haunting masterpiece!

You didn't get it?
Sato never stopped being a fucking loser. His parents just stopped giving him free shit, so he had no other option than to work.

I'd rather have my taxes go to a NEET than some retarded government program

>have degree
>applied to a ton of jobs recently
>cant even get an interview for anything

i'll should just kill myself

What's your degree in plus how long you been looking?

Then they shouldn't have had children if they weren't prepared for a NEET lmao

If you have a big dick, just become a manwhore.

user, I....

Paying people to be unproductive.

It really doesn't take much to just get a job and go to work.

Unless you belong in an asylum you should be able to do it.

You deserve whatever shitty life you have. I hope that you get out of that mentality soon user.

Try and go back to one of the places you applied to and ask for a follow up and why you havent heard from them. Works at just about 70% of the time, but you need to not care about getting rejected the 2nd time. Goodluck user

im not really a need, im going to college soon , I dont want to choose a shitty major , can you give me some advice? I want to major in something that will get me money even in the automated future

Not him, I did that the other day and they still didn't reply back yet.

Suffering.

Wow I'm sure this attitude is going to solve the NEET problem, "fuck you, I got mine", nice big think!

The automated future is going to kill just about everything if the doom and gloom predictions are right.

Prolly your best bets (off the top of my head at least) are IT and nursing. They actually aren't bad choices in general either.

My life is very, very, very far from perfect but I am satisfied.

I hate software shit , if im choosing IT I hope I can find something that has to do with repairing or making hardware

It's a cheap price to pay, to make sure that there aren't any truly desperate people running around your country. It makes sense by any rational metric. The only reason some countries don't do this properly, is because of dumb, lower class voters, who have been duped into thinking that this is where all their taxes go.

Truth is, as more and more things get automated, things get cheaper, and the cost of living is dropping through the floor. That means it's just getting easier and easier to provide for these people. The value of labor is also dropping as part of that same process, which means more and more people will need to take this assistance.

NEETbux is the future. There won't be any work to do, everyone is on welfare, and the fact that people are given money, taxed from the uber wealthy, will be the only reason the economy continues to exist at all. Nothing wrong with getting a head start.

Those aren't your only choices by along shot.

Most of the time hardware is just fucking replaced anyway so if you hate software that's prolly not the way to go for you.

I guess think about what you are good at and go from there. Also your major doesn't dictate what you fucking do with your life either. I don't do anything related to what I studied and I have a lot of company.

>Truth is, as more and more things get automated, things get cheaper, and the cost of living is dropping through the floor.

You are either underage or completely fucking insane.

Now it boils down to either your resume sucks or they werent interested in you at all. It sucks user but at least you had the balls to do it

>What do you think being "responsible" is about?
It's supposed to be about building something bigger than you and sharing a common purpose with a community, now it's about money and product.

Cost of living is dropping quickly. Depending on where you live, wages are dropping faster, so it doesn't feel great. The point is providing for large numbers of people has never been easier.

I interviewed twice.

I can deal with it if the answer is no, although that would suck ass. Would be nice to get an answer though.

People with the motivation to achieve those things wouldn't end up a NEET in the first place, user.

That is normal, sadly. Keep at it, it's a numbers game, sadly.

Get a commerce degree, e.g. accounting, apply for big international firms. Even if you have less experience or you degree is less fancy than the other candidates, knowing multiple languages can help you more, they might even offer you positions that are only internally advertised. It's pretty much how I got my first job; I was fresh out of uni but speaks multiple languages so they offered me a different position that requires interacting with overseas branches etc where knowing the local language matters a lot as sometimes you're dealing with people who aren't comfortable speaking in english.

Nah, Yea Forums's popularity killed itself. In the good old days i.e. 2008 and earlier, the community is still small and it's mainly the same few types of people hanging around, so you can be more lax and just muck around. Then Yea Forums got bigger, attracts a larger and wider range of posters, the communities get more and more fragmented and thus also more chaotic with people having more disagreements on how Yea Forums "should be". Then somewhere along the line, you mods being no fun allowed and here we are.

As a former NEET of nearly 16 years, I can tell you that getting a job cured nearly all my autistic ways. I'm much happier as a wagecuck. Also the main character of NHK is a walking piece of shit and I couldn't get any further than episode 6 cause I had no empathy for him.

Some people I used to know reached out to me. Maybe they were making fun of me after meeting me but I decided to keep in touch due to me at least being able to talk about similar hobbies and also me deciding to hold onto that thread even though it was extremely lose for a year. Some things led to another and the opportunities to meet new people and talk to others just opened up and I gradually started talking more.

Having a hobby were you talk to others face to face does miles for your social skills, but just make sure it isn't a toxic or extremely competitive hobby. I think before that I went practically a whole year or two without talking and most people commented on my super quiet voice because I was afraid of my speech impediment (I talk way too fast) and how weak my actual vocal cords became.

Later on I picked up a general labour job for money and because I felt socially acceptable enough to do it. To keep myself sane I just said to myself it's for my own health and to get fit. I made sure not to overwork/do dumb shit/do things improperly because I didn't want permanent damage because the work can drive you nuts.

So I guess that one person reaching out to you does can exist but you gotta pull too or else you'll keep on falling. /blog

poor thirdworlder here, can an american explain why they would ever NOT want to live on neetbux?

On paper everything is "easy", but for people with deep pscyhological problems, addictions, etc. it's not as easy as flicking a switch.

Reinforces bad habits, prevents you from making more than what the government gives you and you're fully reliant on sucking on the government's tit like some nigger. I will say as a wagecuck I fucking hate the idea of part of my money going to lazy fucks but we don't live in a nice and fair society so there is nothing to be done.

>tfw neet and living off welfare because i cant be assed working
god bless the jews and the wagies that pay my animu expenses

What you meant to say is JP's "12 Rules for Life", not that normalfag shit, right?

Hikimori is a luxury, no matter in what way you try to put it

Attached: 1533256309281.png (500x1420, 750K)

serious question: how do i get a job without a experience? or at least what job should I look for? I have a 4 years gap on my resume now

Attached: 1563646684318.gif (360x360, 1.62M)

Something you are educated or if you are not educated in a field something anyone can do.

Be honest as possible and maybe they;ll grow some sympathy, or just tell them something they want to hear

Attached: 1547240669469.jpg (960x720, 178K)

I've been looking for a job for the past half year. I graduated with a BSc in microbiology but my grades weren't good enough for grad school, so I'm basically stuck.
I have had 27 interviews at Walmart and failed every single one of them, so I'm still a NEET and my bank account is starting to get empty. What do I do now?

Attached: 20190722223056980.jpg (639x797, 233K)

How do you fail an interview at Walmart?

It limits your opportunities for upward mobility. The employer does background checks and sees you're on neetbux, and assumes you're a lazy sack of shit and throws your resume in the trash.

it depends so heavily on so many variables I wouldn't even dare making a suggestion, but most of the time the easiest way is looking into your family. I could easily have become a dentist if I didn't hate people

as , I got a government funded job agency to sweeten the deal to hiring me. Also the company that hired me is apparently really good at giving people a chance so I got lucky. The job agency did a shit job of looking for the job but I did that part.

Fuck if I know. Half of them have been group interviews where you're directly competing against other people for the position. Guess I'm just that unappealing.

Work for free for a year or two. Unironically.

I didn't mean to be a dick, just look up interview stuff and keep applying, you'll get something eventually.

Neetbux is what people pretend to get when they're actually leeching off their parents. Real neetbux are rare and don't last.

If you genuinely still leech off your family and aren't bettering yourself because "hurr durr my depression and anxiety" fucking off yourself. Nothing is going to change unless you yourself do something. Wallowing all day, doing nothing with your life, and not even attempting to change your circumstances makes you a literal failure.

>27 interviews with WalMart
calling bullshit

without experience you cant get a job. try start by volunteering, meet some people and let everyone know you're looking for a job. someone might introduce you to their son who happens to run a business and in is need of employees.

Good fucking lord,I was in the same position as you. Customer service is always looking for people, why not try it for awhile then branch out to an even better job. Also dont get disheartened user,its going to be tough but itll get better

Quit being picky. Go to a staffing agency or something.

Offing myself after my family dies is the goal, user.

not everyone has the luxury of a having a bright personality that attracts employers, and not everyone has the luxury of having the patience to hold a steady job either.

I'm unironically ok with being a failure
I don't even feel bad for it

I experienced that and its literally who has a big dick contest and who can flaunt it the most.

It's pretty fucking easy to get an interview at walmart. He's prolly exaggerating but I basically believe him.

>luxury of having a bright personality
Have you seen McDonald's or any fast food worker? They hate themselves and their situation but at least they can get a job.

why do employers care about size of your dick? society can be cruel

I made a goal for myself last year after failing to kill myself, after 30 if I still havent turned my life around Im gonna off myself. So far its Im doing good, I got a job and back to finishing my degree. Although i still have 5 years left.

If you're willing to do shit work for shit pay and shit everything then go to a temp agency. Just make sure it's temporary. Also businesses that rely on minimum wage and can't pay a living wage are shit businesses. I don't care if you're starting out, that just means your still shit because your new shit. /endrant

You can fake it user, learn how to do it. Im autistic as fuck and I learned how to be enthusiastic and look extroverted when Im not.

Its much more easier for them to have you compete against each other and eliminate yourselves than it is to screen out who is the better hire.

I don't want to better myself, it's comfy this way.

I've had to do temp work as a filler so I wouldn't be homeless. The work was terrible warehouse work in awful conditions. It always made me upset seeing the 60 something and up year olds working an assembly line. Makes me wonder if I'll end up like that one day.

Bullshit you had 27 Wal-Mart interviews and never got hired. When I worked at Walmart everyone was high at work every single day and a few of us were selling weed and pills at work. You can be an absolute retard and work at Walmart. We had a pre-trolling Chris Chan level autist that would show his furry OC to people on breaks.

You people are shit at giving advice desu.

even worse at taking it

Even if you give great advice neetfags wont do anything with it.

same

I think I gave pretty decent advice.

Thanks for getting it.

Attached: 1559930905431.webm (888x500, 1.15M)

Remember when you had dreams of a brighter future, Yea Forums?

Attached: 130909312.jpg (316x217, 10K)

No the advice is good you just dont want to take it because then you'd have no one or nothing else to blame.

>be NEET
>watch NHK
>get depressed
>watch ReLIFE
>get even more depressed

Attached: nhk1-1.jpg (754x967, 429K)

Yeah no fuck that attitude. I had trash parents and was sexually abused from 3 to 11 y/o and had massive issues but right now I'm doing an MD/PhD combination which is something my uni offers while still following psychotherapy and doing national level sports. For me the switch was seeing a friend kys himself. Waiting until change comes along is a very bad mindset user

Looking back these characters was so fucking stupid. It was about 2 spoiled faggots with Rich parents that could afford to pay their rent and never bother check up on them for more than a year.
As soon as the MC gets the attention from a girl (like he's always begged to have) he acts like a total cunt to her and treats her like shit. She was genuinely more damaged than whatever the MC thought he had.
The two guys both decided to follow the biggest stereotypes of NEETs because they realize they have no personality or hobbies outside of consuming anime and video games. So they both continue to waste mom and dads money, still treating the girl like shit, still thinking they have it hard because they're lonely,which is valid.
But they're only lonely because they're greedy losers who want girlfriends without having putting in any effort, money without working, and popularity without opening up to people.

It's SUPER God damn accurate of how NEETs act like. They aren't NPCs, they're just people who spent too much time consuming media and forgetting to practice their social skills, and after building an encyclopedic knowledge of their favorites series they still have nothing to talk about with people and all they want to do is have friendships, romance and a career to be proud of.

I'm Not going to blog about myself, but God help anyone who identifies or empathises with those massive pricks.

Attached: 2e9fd487-e33e-4837-9520-1b32b2062765.jpg (200x200, 8K)

>I had it worse so you should be like me

people were saying how the author got into some religious cult

>strawmanning this hard
>ignoring the last sentence altogether
Wallow in self-pity all you want man. That shit eventually only gets worse because later on you'll realize what you missed out on

Then I'll kill myself when the reality sets in, who cares?

that's a f*male, user, they don't understand

I won't but it's a permanent solution to what may be a temporary problem. The only way you'll find out is to act

I used the 'was caring for an elderly family member' trick for gaps. I wasn't actually lying but then again there's no real way to prove it.
Makes you look like a decent human being and it's especially potent the younger you are.

>it's a permanent solution to what may be a temporary problem
Sounds good, a permanent solution means I never have to worry about it again.

I might actually try this. Thanks user.

>We're still subhuman waste
Correct.
>Having a job doesn't make things better
No, but having your own money does. Also work is unironcally better that then the life of a NEET who lives with his parents and has no money.

He kinda founded his own weird thing here: pol.tokyo/

How the fuck did you get that message when only Kaoru got a happy ending in the anime?

> that wizard level guy turning into a functional human in THREE DAYS??
He didn't, but ok
Also, this is a shitty thread with too many self-pitying faggots.

Attached: [AnimeRG] Welcome To The Nhk - 2 [848x480] [Eng Subbed] [ScavvyKiD].mkv_snapshot_18.58.432.jpg (848x480, 98K)

Good luck user, I hope it works for you and that I wasn't just lucky.
I had a 4 NEET gap straight out of high school and that excuse landed me a job in security. I get medical, plenty of time to sit around and study/read, and best of all it's not retail.

I found a pile of drawings from back when I was in HS with writings of how I'll be a manga artist one day.
I wanna go back.

Attached: 1544221594812.png (2000x1600, 1.3M)

>Weight already bordering 100 lbs
I don't see what could go wrong from fasting for weeks.

>than
fix

Attached: 1558647120503.jpg (1440x1080, 257K)

If that were true then the creator himself wouldn't be a hikkomori neet himself after trying to become a normie back then with making NHK.

You don't need to go back, you can do it now. I'm getting back into a comic I used to draw a while ago, and the tools to get noticed are waaaay more effective today than it was 10, 15 years ago. Instagram, unironically, has been a great source to get people to see my work, just as long as you use hashtags (and a lot of them).

There is no deadline to being an artist. Grandma Moses became a seriously popular painter when she was like 60 or 70 or 80 or something. If she could do it, so can you.

I appreciate it but I don't think I can. Not sure why but I can't bring myself to do anything anymore, some days I can't even get myself to play games or watch anime, doubt I can get myself to pick up drawing again. I probably lost what little ability I had back then anyway. Good luck with your work though, user.

Yamazaki has a shitty attitude, but I'd argue that Welcome to the NHK is about Sato discovering his schizoid personality disorder and learning how to live with it. At the beginning, he has panic attacks, drops out of college, and is generally in distress because he assumes that he's just like everyone else. By the end he's come to terms with living a life of solitude.

Well, all I can say is that I've noticed that "bad art" won't stop a story that needs to be told. Look at One. You don't need to draw well, just keep drawing.

Maybe just doodle, see where that goes...

>just get a job bro
It would work on certain types of NEETs, the ones who still have a strong will to live, but there's a variety of NEETs.
The dangerous ones who turn themselves into a ball of hatred and lash out on the world, getting a job won't help these types since they are a ticking time bomb that will do something dangerous and get arrested eventually.
And then the ones that has lost the will to live and the only thing they're waiting for is death, Sato is clearly not this type because of his refusal of suicide.

There's no one size fits all answer, Sato just happens to be the one where that method works.

in japan neets are actually less of a financial burden the the average salaryman/woman because although they don't work they hardly use public resources as opposed to workers who get paid shit wages and therefore pay shit in taxes but are always out in the world sucking up public resources.
how does it feel to know that if you're an average wagie you're making society worse more than neets? kek

This thread is completely derailed

well then kill yourself faggot and stop whining

That's still just your experience. It's massively ignorant to think you can just apply that to anyone else's situation.

That is the plan.

I'm working 6 days a week and only feel tired, nothing more. At least a job give you a financial padding in terms of money, but it solves nothing about neet being neet. I'm 30 in a month. Still lonely, still no friends. Nowadays I just want everyone to leave me alone and I avoid any unnecessary human contact, since I don't enjoy it. I love nhk, but "get a job" isn't a solution to anything.

Are you litterally retarded or did you just not watch the show. He was starving to death and wanted food. He already noped out of suicide a little while ago, and the show ends on him not being a functional human being, but atleast hes not dead. It end on not knowing what the future has, and that the future is scary.

I liked the manga more. His erratic behavior flows a lot easier with the drug use background.

>source: my ass
Show me peer-reviewed study.

>I'm working 6 days a week and only feel tired, nothing more. At least a job give you a financial padding in terms of money, but it solves nothing about neet being neet. I'm 30 in a month. Still lonely, still no friends. Nowadays I just want everyone to leave me alone and I avoid any unnecessary human contact, since I don't enjoy it. I love nhk, but "get a job" isn't a solution to anything.
why don't start a hobby?
Go to the gym and make some gym bros.

Did you read the novel?
This always happens, /r9k/ fags have been using it as a beacon for years.

Nah, is it good?

Did you not pay attention to anything in the show?

I think it's the best. Getting a better peek at his thoughts is nice, and I much prefer the dark humor to the comedy skits in the anime. They're plain hard to sit through after the first watch, to me. Pretty quick read, too.

Warehouse work doesn't care what you've done, I work for amazon and the only requirement is that you show up for the interview and can fill out the forms (with help from a friend you bring if you don't speak english). Other warehouse jobs have been the same, except for one where I needed to be able to count.
9/10 people leaving within their first month lowers requirements.

How terrible are the amazon working conditions? Are you herded like cattle and put in a wagie cagie?

Construction. You'll daily meet borderly retarded people there. And it doesn't matter if they're workers, managers or engineers - whole fucking industry filled with retards.

There are no cages, they'd be for another type of warehouse and the working conditions are far better than when I worked for a supermarket warehouse. My daily routine is generally wheeling round a laptop for 9 hours being bored out of my mind, when my job is putting parcels onto cages for someone else to sort I'll work for a good 7-8 hours out of the 10 hours I'm there. 4 days a week. Just don't be horrendously unfit and you can do it too.

>never actually been a Neet
>still have similar issue that can be found in my unique situation to a hikki neet
>be son of declining family in aviation business
>basically my dad was the only not corrupted man in the industry, and played a huge role as a pioneer
>still got wrected by cartel
>basically held things together till i "came of age"
>probably at the time i was between handsome and cute as all JCs in my class fucking were all over me at the time
>was too oblivious and retarded to care but mostly i actually worked for myself since i was 12 and was too sleepy and aiming at my targets to actually feel anything but tireness
>still at 14 left school due to my duty, never finished hs but fuck it, became pilot and engineer anyway due to experience and study at home.
>worked hard all time, never had a day free beside when i was too tired or sick, >basically routine : flying day, maintenance evening , occasional emergency maintenance night.
>at 22 starting already to get grey
>at 23 realized how withered my apparence had become
>basically always between fighting corrupt politician and bribed police officers and sending cunts to jail after exposing their cartel shit with detailed reports in the free time.
>survived some sabotages

>long story short here :born in a business war, will die in business war
>basically my humans interractions are just for business , nothing else , don't have time to get out once
>Gf never, kissless virgin but fuck it, probably i'm getting ed anyway
>regretting all my life never getting any kind of goddamnt love since i was 12
>watch takagi and other kind of shit since that pain in my chest actually proves i'm alive.

Can understand why somebody would want to be a neet, if i live another life i'd try to have an actual youth.

Attached: IMG_2437.jpg (500x332, 59K)

>Implying the chads at the gym want to associate with losers that have literally 0 social network and only live to work before going home to wallow in their misery.

The point is job is a meme. He got it and nothing changed. Misaki will leave him really soon and he will work until he can't anymore and will die of starvation anyway.

all the gym bros I know are quite open to new people, whoever you are. I'm sure there's bound to be a lot of other gym bros like that.

How do you get a degree in microbiology and fail getting employed at Walmart. Something doesn't add up? Maybe work on your social skills because clearly you got the smarts but you must suck at communication which, let's face it, is one of the most important qualities at any job.

There are jobs out there that have high turnover rate and will hire you so long as you can pass a drug test
They are usually shit jobs but if you can stick it out for at least 3 months then you can start applying to other places with some experience under your belt

Surprise that a blog thread is still up on Yea Forums. How the times have changed.
I have one question: have NEETs here ever attempted to start a business? What's stopping you? There're a lot of digital services that don't require much startup capital at all for example.

You seem to be forgetting that fact that a lot of people with issues go to the gym to work through them. Once you get a job the next natural progression is to work out.

Starting a business sounds a little out of reach for your average NEET.

I imagine, by virtue of being a NEET, that the imagination often runs wild. You think you'd come up with an interesting idea or two at least once.

What business idea? Sucking homeless people dick for free?
People who start successful businesses are always highly networked and have a positive and adventurous mindset. The opposite of all NEETs.
Howe is it that you don't feel stupid for suggesting this?

One of the things that's helped my life become somewhat more optimistic of was hearing someone talk about determinism. I had a somewhat nihilistic outlook on my future for years because I thought that no matter what I did it didn't matter. Everything was predetermined so what was the point. It wasn't until I heard someone agree with the idea that reality is deterministic but at the same time things literally can't happen if you don't do them. You can't do nothing and expect things to get better for no reason for example. Everything happens due to cause and effect. Hearing that for some reason made me kinda believe in free will lite I guess. Either way things have been much better since. Somewhat of a self fulfilling prophecy I guess. Not sure if anyone else has felt this way.

I don't know if being a NEET makes you any more creative. If anything I could see it killing your creativity due to depression and a lack of a stimulating environment.

>There're a lot of digital services that don't require much startup capital at all
That's what they want you to think

For me it does. When I'm waging, my mind is always preoccupied with either work or resting due to being tired after work. I never have time/energy to daydream and pursue the little things I'm interested in. When I'm a NEET, that's all I do. NEETs aren't always depressed, that's a weird trope that isn't really true. If you have the willpower to exercise and eat properly, you will feel just fine being a NEET, assuming you're introverted. I've spent about a decade as a NEET at this point, it's great, I never want to go back. Maybe having wageslave experience makes you organized enough to enjoy yourself as a NEET.

Well there are always going to be exceptions to the rule. I think in the vast majority of cases NEETs tend to not be super happy with their situations. Obviously there are people who can not work any be perfectly happy and honestly I say power to them. I'd rather a regular person get my money than some rich billionaire.

Wageslave who lived a NEET like experience and was a full NEET.

Short hour work from home > Full NEET > Possibly suicide > Wageslave

Trying to get back to the first because death is better than this waggie shit.

>Sucking homeless people dick for free?
That's a terrible idea. However if you could create a platform for homeless people to hook up on, particularly the youth that happen to still have smartphones in spite of their destitution, you might be on to something. Spruce it up as a less dangerous alternative to Tinder for people who need a roof, for example. Of course there's already a lot of apps taking the market share for that sort of thing but that's a story for another time.
>People who start successful businesses are always highly networked and have a positive and adventurous mindset
Highly networked, positive and adventurous people are going to manage themselves okay no matter what they do. This is irrelevant. We're trying to work people out of the eternal funk here, who gives a shit about the rest.
As a NEET, you have nothing to lose by shooting the shit. You already do that on a daily basis. This is just a different kind of shooting the shit, usually by noticing things that are super fucking inconvenient in your day to day and trying to make it more convenient, then figuring out if other people could use the solution you came up with. Surely if anyone wants a tomorrow more convenient than today, it's a NEET.
>Howe is it that you don't feel stupid for suggesting this?
Because of the fucking massive time advantage over literally every other human being. Kids have to be at school and their not too bright. Wageslaves have to be waging. Business owners have basically mapped out what they need to get/keep the business running and are just following through. Old people don't have the energy for such a task. Whereas a NEET has all day to shoot the shit.

This is almost me two years ago. I got a decent job and most of my problems were solved. I can't even remember what anxiety feels like anymore. Being a NEET does cause a lot of anxiety.

If time was the most important factor for successful business ventures children would all be billionaires.

Lol, reading comprehension. It is /the/ advantage that a NEET has. Kids are stupid and don't apply themselves. You could say the same thing for a NEET, but at the very least an adult will have developed at least /some/ of the executive function required for the task that a kid doesn't have.

>bullshit
OK

Explain how.

Are we talking social anxiety or what? Because you do get social anxiety when you're a NEET, naturally, because you interact with people very rarely. But I don't really mind it, it's a small thrill and that's about it.
When you have a job you have a ton of REAL anxieties like what if I lose my job or what if can't pay my rent or what if I miss a deadline or what if my boss doesn't like me and I get shitty assignments instead of cool ones. You don't sleep enough, that adds to anxiety. Now those are real problems, not the "I feel a bit nervous when I talk to the cashier" problems

You fucking retarded? Crisis = less jobs.

The only business NEET can do is create and sell art/programs/games. Which are all highly specialized skills, not something you can just do. Everything that's easy to do is already done, nobody needs yet another shitty online shop with shitty t-shirts.

Logistics

>executive function required for the task that a kid doesn't have.

Except a kid will go to school so a NEET is by definition less than a kid.

>Everything that's easy to do is already done
That depends on the market you're examining
>Which are all highly specialized skills
You're cutting out your possibilities early here, which I agree is a separate attitude problem to deal with but my point for now is that artists and programmers and game developers all start out shooting the shit.
>nobody needs yet another shitty online shop with shitty t-shirts.
And yet this shit sells like hotcakes. There's a lot more that goes into this.
That's not even true, it just means the Kid isn't a NEET. The vast majority of kids are literally behind on brain development compared to the vast majority of adults.

>compared to the vast majority of adults.
The vast majority of adults aren't NEETs.

You're*

And some proportion of adults are NEETs. You need to improve your formal logic, or at least learn how Venn Diagrams work.
Do you have an actual horse in this race?
Doing your own thing is one of the better alternatives to wageslaving for people who aren't happy with their NEET condition.

Well using formal logic, some kids go onto going adults that accomplish things. NEETs, by definition, are not doing anything of value. There are also not any people we can use as examples of being NEETs that go onto doing your idea. So in a 10 year timespan kids are more successful than NEETs. Now kill yourself you fucking retard.

I mean providing NEETs spend money they are providing something of value.

econlet

He's obviously overqualified. These big retail stores don't want college graduates for these entry level jobs since they reason they'll just end up quitting as soon as they find something better paying. Actually if you have a degree, wtf are you doing applying for min-wage cashiercuck jobs? You should be applying to their corporate positions instead.

The literal author of the book this thread is based on pulled himself temporarily out NEETdom by writing said book.

the NEETs ITT don't want help, they just want to wallow in self pity, sad!

And 20 others in your very same position choose to start working.

>temporarily
There really is no escape... What's the point, it always returns to this.

If you're not retarded university can feel almost exactly like being a NEET. It's NEETdom punctuated by a couple month-long periods of extreme stress every year.

There's another way to semi-neet. And it's owning a van you can live in. You still need some money to get started, and there's lots of problems, like creeps, amenities, and it's technically illegal to live in a car. But it's a hybrid solution.

>spending is value generation
>redirecting cash flow is creating cash flow
neck yourself

>quit studies and become a NEET for 2 years
>"user stop being lazy"
>get back and graduate with top grades
>find employment but quit in less than a year when it became unbearable
>become a NEET again
>"user stop being lazy"
>spend 6 months losing 50 punds and getting into best shape I've ever been
>find a job, but start struggling with insomnia and anxiety after a few months
>"user you're just making excuses to be lazy"
>collapse, get hospitalized, lose ability to work
>after months of medical examinations nothing serious is found
>after months of psychological evaluation turns out I have clear case of mild autism
>not supposed to work full time anymore
>"user you're not supposed to overwork yourself"
NEET life it is

Attached: 1382881169168.jpg (399x382, 66K)

Its a better value creation than interest.

>NEET life it is
But what about money?

It's worse.

Huh a have a similar issue but with ADHD. I do work but its pretty awful. I can't tell my employer though or I might get dismissed as ADHD isn't protected by law here. High stress work and insomnia is it I guess.

when you start getting crippling depression from not being able to take care of yourself or seeing people younger than you do better or even the very thought that people who you may or may not view as "beneath" you are able to get a job, girlfriend and live their life while you're stuck in front of the computer is a fantastic motivator.

I know what you mean user, but after watching a 4th of july party a decade ago from my window while I tanked down 2 litres of cheap soda with a mountain of pizza rolls I started really thinking of where my life is headed.

I'm still wageslaving but I'm teaming up with a buddy to collab to get into IT to get myself back on track while my GF gets her med degree.

If you saw me a decade ago I would not even be close to the person I am now.

as everyone else has said, get your shit together....or be put in a life threatening situation, a little adrenaline tends to get people going

>letting money pile up in a bank account is better than spending it on necessary goods and services
Sure user.

Government NEETbux, money was never an issue in the first place, especially since I don't smoke or drink

Neither is value creation retard. Value is created when you take something people don't want and turn it into something people want.

Money piling up in a bank account in a general sense means resource accumulation.
Drop the word "necessary" and you'll probably understand why it's worse.
The most necessary goods and services require saving.

Mental illness and anxiety is literally just in people's imaginations, it's just in your head, it's the most prominent example of first world problems.
People living in shithole countries don't have the time to be anxious, if they don't work, they can't eat and die.
Just throw all the shutins to the military to get straightened out.

user...Satou still has mental problems that he hasn't fixed despite his job. The message is to at least try. "Just get a job, bro" is grossly oversimplifying it.

>most necessary goods and services require saving
Hard to believe that beyond shelter.
Also if I took out the necessary sure it might be worse but generally poorfags don't exactly have the cash to be splashing it around on shit they don't need.

>just in peoples heads
Where do you think we come from user?

You think a farm and fields was made with no saving?
You think you'd be getting steaks without saving?
Let's say all of that was gone. You think you'd even get game animals if some dude didn't make some sort of projectile weapon.
Better study up on how difficult it is to make a bullet.
Heck, google the lesson of the pencil. That'll educate your neet ass.

t. retard still alive

Correction.
Due to savings it's not so difficult in a way at this point in time, but still complicated.

Are you just talking about how businesses and entrepreneurs need savings? Sure I'll agree with you there although a lot of family owned business are passed down with no savings required on the recipients behalf. I was talking about the regular wagie who has no savings and makes do.

That wagie isn't going to get squat without the business and entrepreneur. Not the cash nor the product.
And if that wagie gets the means to spend beyond what he produces it's going to mean that production gets diverted from the things you'd call necessary.

- expect a 2% universal response rate. this means its required to sign up for hundreds or a couple thousand jobs before you get a few offers.
- understand that everyone has to grind out a ton of applications. don't let it eat away at you.
- there is always a chance of somewhere you want to work responding to you, so ALWAYS apply to everything. a gem responding to you is a very low chance but it happens and if you never sent that application then you missed the opportunity.
- do as many real interviews as possible and go in there with nothing to lose. after the 20th interview you'll stop caring and you'll be able to handle any conversation without feeling nervous.

Do you really think that we're going to have a shortage of goods any time soon? The entrepreneur can't make money if the wagie has no cash to spend. We don't need everyone to work and haven't for a long time.

>muh experience shit
i got a job a few bucks above min wage (in about a week or two of searching) after being a neet for 4 years who has never had a job. if you're not a shit who pretends they're better than customer service, call centers, etc when you're a loser with presumably no relevant education then it's relatively easy unless you live in buttfuck middle of nowhere towns with 1k population or california shitholes

Not any time soon I don't think. But I don't think welfare is a sustainable system anywhere in the world either in the long run.
Partly due to it's effects on the structure of production.
If the wagie's money is his own then he can do with it as he pleases as far as I'm concerned, but the modern consumer thinks too highly of spending as opposed to saving and production.

To do that I have to be able to get a job first. I applied for countless jobs and never got accepted even for minimum wage jobs. The book makes landing a job sound much easier than it is.

>Not any time soon I don't think. But I don't think welfare is a sustainable system anywhere in the world either in the long run.
NEETbux only goes away if the government is shut down or said person no longer is valid to get such services. It's more dependable than attempting business of your own or even being a wage slave.
Not the person you were talking to btw. Just a guy who gets disability.

I hate to tell you this, but every welfare nation is in debt and that shutdown is very much a possibility in the future.
As I said, I don't think it'll be any time soon, and I completely agree that government services are more dependable in that they're more than just too big to fail, so to speak.

I think the fact that each individual employee is becoming more efficient over time means that either certain people will need to start working less or everyone just needs to start consuming more and more to buy all the extra shit. Either way with automation on the Horizon it'll be interesting to see if we'll just start giving people busy work soon enough.

Debt doesn't logically lead to government shutdowns. That only happens in countries with elephant infestations.

Isn't pretty much every developed nation in the world in debt because its good economic policy?

I think you're also not taking into account a lot of other reasons why said debt in said nations are also suffering. Maybe you should look into what exactly things are being spent towards. I live in a land where we worship people who pretend to dress up as pirates, make 1 mil a year and "work" in the Caribbean. The same place where people are popping out kids because apparently no one is learning about safe sex. Pills are the solution to most of the hassle and demands of today's society. And prisoners getting benefits like a home and food compared to veterans.
While it's basic math to see country is losing money by helping their citizens. I do believe the bar should be raised on some "claims" that certain people should be getting them just because they couldn't keep their legs closed. I am diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, PTSD and generalized anxiety. I never had a license due to my condiiton fucking with me. I am in my mid 30's and had 18 jobs I could not handle or was let go for one reason or another. I am also unable to see my own child.
Just because I get "NEETbux" doesn't mean there was not a heavy price to pay for such a privilege. I am blown away when I talk to people who are able to drive and get paid under the table working part time.

Until it doesn't.
Debt is no joke and you shouldn't think it isn't.
I'm not saying all debt is bad. But when it keeps increasing, and only increasing, year after year there's bound to be problems along the line.
If developed countries learned to balance budgets at least every now and then, I'd be positive about it.

I agree with you that governments should try to pay down their debt when the economy is going well. It means less payments towards interest on the debt in future and more money can be spent on public spending and such.

I legit can't finish this anime, why am i such a pussy

Maybe you can't finish it because it's not that interesting?

No definitely not that, it's one of the most interesting anime I've seen
the first time he met again with senpai made me physically ill and nauseated

Read no longer human. Or norwegian wood if you want to punch a wall down out of jealousy and regret.

>physically ill and nauseated
Totally not said or pathetic...

I read the synopsis and they both look like supreme punpun

Well, I mean, they are japs.

>they are japs
That's racist.

It's a fucking abbreviation. You think Hans fucking Schlerglerschweer throws a fit if you call him a Dane?

user, I was raised by my grandpa who fought WW2. During hat time they called the Japanese "Japs", it's a racial slur. You may wanna read sometime in your life.

And I'm not american so you can suck the wet shit out of my ass.

Yes, he definitely should have said nips instead of japs.
It's more hip and with it.

user, I'm not into you. I'm sorry but we can still be friends.

Why not just call them naps?

How can you call yourself a friend if you won't even do that? Anyway, the jips are fucking masters of making anything soul-crushingly depressive.

Apparently you never went to school or asked someone out and they said no.

Where did you think that jealousy and regret would come from?
They are good books.

What books?

Norwegian Wood and No Longer Human.

I don't get emotionally invested in fictional tales. Sorry I can't relate.

Well that's sad.

I don't really see it as sad. They're not real and I don't really relate to much of those kind of stories.

>or you live in a country that allows welfare for losers who don't want to be working citizens
look at him seething, haha

I thought it was stories in general.

It is in general, that's why I don't get much reaction to such things. I never get upset what happens to characters. I mean I'll be surprised if a character suddenly dies but it's never like going to ruin my day or make me feel any different.

Is anime real then? Why are you here

Yeah, that's a sad story bro.

>burgers ruin something
>now the whole world has to adapt
Invent your own language and ruin that

>my point for now is that artists and programmers and game developers all start out shooting the shit
No they train in their fields for years. You're not exactly a NEET if you're learning and then applying your craft.

Is anime real? I don't understand your question.
I'm in this thread because I get disability and I am a shut in quite like hikikomori, so, I thought I'd see what others are saying.

Sad about what? Most people don't care about such trivial things.

We did invent our own language, called slang.

still kino

>I don't understand your question.
If you can't relate to fiction, why are you consuming fiction, i.e. anime. Go watch documentaries, relate to Hitler or whoever you relate to who's not from fiction

She got back to me today, I'm still in the running, thankfully.

I figured I'd do what I want. I mean, if that's okay with you and all that.

Joke's on all of you, no matter how much i want to fix my life i can't bring myself to for some reason!

Attached: 407931254.gif (540x460, 1.56M)

You can't because you're comfortable. Society tries to force us to conform in a world where most would just end up as grunts making others richer.

getting a job does help with that shit though. Having a task to do improves your sense of self worth dramatically