Tatsuki Fujimoto

What makes him so different that your typical edgy seinen Mangaka? Both of his works so far Fire Punch and chainsawman have been quiet unique, especially compared to the generic garbage in 90% of jump.

Attached: 1543392369992.png (500x707, 268K)

Tarantino of manga.

He should have went to monthly afyernoon magazine, but Weekly shonen jump pays the best among the magazines. So every mangaka aspires to work on that shonen magazine.

Denji has nothing to get edgy for.

He blends alot of modern western comic elements with Japanese manga culture. Hi's style feels like alot more like a 80s or 90s manga where they took more inspiration from western movies and culture instead of just popular manga like alot of modern mangaka do.

Attached: Benji.jpg (832x1200, 208K)

Denji and Power are cute.

Not at all

>Typical seinen mangaka
B-But both Fire Punch and Chainsaw Man are shonen works

He has good paneling and is really good at conveying motion. Outside of that I can't think of many pros. Definitely more of a visual-heavy mangaka than a narrative focused one.

He is the Kubrick of manga industry.

chainsawman is generic garbage

this

go read mha if you want something unique

O MY 7

At least try.

i wanted to give you some support, since obviously you're going through some stuff, so I googled up 'user hug' remembering the old green faced fedora user image from years ago

After seeing those results, fuck ponies and fuck you

does it hav cute girls? (lolis pls)

Fire Punch was pure kino. Not many Mangaka have the guts to make a story that's a commentary on storytelling itself.

He is unironically better at writing romance than most of the jump artists.

Attached: 9782820332998_cg.jpg (558x800, 534K)

>fire punch
>throwing random shit on the paper and seeing what sticks

Attached: 1561978365450-v.gif (591x335, 1.24M)

Read more manga you absolute newfag, FP and CM are honest 8/10 at best, 6/10 usually

for me I think it's that he's so good at fulfilling the anticipated intrusive thoughts of the reader.

Not him, but 950+ titles completed, and both FP and CM are refreshingly unique and great works. You've got it backwards.

Im from the future from when manga doesn't exist anymore.
Can confirm FIRE PUNCH is seen as the peak of all art(when it was alive).

6/10 is still above average.
Legitimately one of the reasons why it was so good. One of the most entertaining reads I've had in a long while.

>people think Chainsaw Man is unique

yikes

>Seinen
I seriously hope none of the fags replying to this thread did it seriously.

FP and CM are certainly not stories that should be published in shounen magazines.

he just has decent taste, that's all.
i think he's very mindful of avoiding cliches. but only being able to throw curveballs is not really a good thing either. that's why fire punch was such a nonsensical trainwreck in the end.
chainsawman already seems better plot wise so maybe he's growing. but yeah, even just judging off fire punch, i thought that he had a lot of potential as a mangaka.

he's not. there's barely any romance in any of his works. he's good at showing off female sex appeal though. it's one of his strong points imo.

this guy knows what hes talking about

Attached: 1537444896391.png (400x374, 198K)

He knows how to create good character simple as that.
The chemistry between Power and Denji is fantastic

Agni X Judah was far better written than any romance from current jump.

t.BnHAtard

>it’s why FP was such a nonsensical train wreck in the end
It wasn’t, the end was pretty good
Read his oneshots, the one where the guy is trying to confess to the girl is great

>mindful of avoiding cliches
dude just kill everyone lmao

Based on what? Their themes and violence? K-On! was a seinen manga the anime of which ended up being marketed for little girls in the west.
The demographic of a magazine may be very loose, and doesn't determine the readership who actually ends up reading the works within. WSJ is primarily targeted for young males, but its titles are read by boys and girls, men and women alike. In the end Shueisha publishes what they deem might be popular and garner interest. Fire Punch was published in a spinoff of WSJ which specifically had more "adult oriented" series, but falls under shonen because it rides on the brand recognition and name of the number one selling magazine in Japan.

Kino bump

He's the next Miura.

Except he will never write a story for 30+ years with no ending in sight.

Yet...

Please don’t compare him to tarantino. It’s practically an insult to fujimoto

What are you talking about? Literally all of his stories are about love, user.

>Dude listen, there's this guy and his whole motivation is to have sex, ahahah SEX
This is fucking stupid and cringy. The manga would be actually good without the whole "dude sex lmao"

Chaisawman has a degree of cynicism that is unusual for shonen. Most of the supporting characters are cynical working adults drinking in bars, getting shot by regular guns in the head, quitting because other people got shot by regular guns in the head, and overall living the boring adult life, which is juxtaposed by Denji's and Power's 60 IQ bullshit. There's a scene of grabbing padded tits in the toilet and a drunk girl vomiting into Denji's mouth during an improvised kiss.

It's not the gore that is unusual because it really isn't. It's the general atmosphere.

It's not about originality, it's more about execution. It's a detective story with demons and shit, but the way it unfolds it's like a movie, it lets itself breathe.

>generic garbage
pls explain

It sure smells like falseflagging faggotry in this thread.

Couldn't agree more. It's a combination of cynicism and absurd-ism to a degree. The rough and messy art style of the manga helps with this feeling as well. Think early SnK and Dorohedoro. The world is fucked and hopeless and people either deal with this by being massive cynics or going insane.

>knows how to mix seriousness and stupidity
>knows how to guide characters
>knows how to work the flaws of characters
>knows that redemption is not equal to likeness, so characters who can do something good don't just "win"
>doesn't take himself or his stories like he is writing a bible or a moral book. Lessons can be learned from questionable characters
>characters don't need to be the embodiment of what you wish you could be, characters are the embodiment of flaws, selfishness, stupidity and somehow good intentions
See, Fujimoto accomplished a flawed character building way better than Sorachi with Gintama. And that is not easy to get.

>he's not. there's barely any romance in any of his works. he's good at showing off female sex appeal though. it's one of his strong points imo.

Read his one shots

>literally no filler
>character development
>best girl
it's great

Attached: 32311.jpg (1036x1629, 297K)

Hating on Chainsaw Man is like hating on water. I don't know where I was going with this analogy but the bottom line is that Denji is great.

>Avoids the issue of introducing too many characters by killing most of the cast

Fire Punch was great on its own uniqueness. It could have been easily a superpower manga, but I liked how the story went to another theme instead. It was a good reading, and I'm giving CSM some time to evolve before start to read it

>pads

Too many of these authors get so absorbed in these drawn out story arc and ultra serious tonal shift that they forget that the adverage readers like variety in both tone and subject matter and read to be entertained.

t. Power

>unique design

Attached: 1557813703583.png (1280x720, 623K)

>NTRing Pochita for a random chainsaw

Looks like Pochita is gonna have to "mark his territory" by peeing in Denji's mouth again.

Attached: a sexy pochita I masturbate to regularly.png (766x1208, 244K)

Will Denji and Makima end up together? Or will Power win the denjibowl?

to smart for Yea Forums

Attached: 1562973963970.jpg (784x1145, 321K)

>What makes him so different that your typical edgy seinen Mangaka?
For one, he knows when to put wry deadpan humor into his manga instead taking his edge completely seriously. Also most of the devils speak like they're insane which is hilarious.

Attached: 1561068705426.jpg (358x601, 48K)

>t.virgin

I didn't know I needed Glasses Power until this latest chapter.