Why did nips leave beverages by the building? Is this how they commemorate the dead?

Why did nips leave beverages by the building? Is this how they commemorate the dead?

Attached: Kyoto_animation_arson_attack_2_20190721_3_60.jpg (3034x2275, 3.56M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libation
ameblo.jp/toyotamoe/entry-12496814577.html
twitter.com/highimpactsex/status/1152933512703631360?s=19
youtu.be/VsK8DQTwoOA
youtube.com/watch?v=amcN11beRuk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jōmon_people
m.youtube.com/watch?v=D7e4Fmutzms
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>"it's sad that kyoani died"
>"I know I'll leave a bottle of coca cola"

Attached: 1419239435390.gif (1920x1070, 2.26M)

offerings for the dead, perhaps? no idea, but its a common thing in certain cultures to give food/drink offerings to dead/ancestors

Probably like an offering of some sort.

Some shit about the dead needing water of life to pass their lips or something supposedly

>mfw one of those bottles has petroleum

Attached: 1235 (2).jpg (469x469, 46K)

Based garou offering his favorite beverage.

Attached: 1524836245667.png (648x679, 259K)

Offerings. When I think about why they'd leave drinks specifically, then maybe because food would go bad which would be gross for the one who had to clean it up. Also the fact that you can easily get one from a vending machine on the way.

Well you might get thirsty after being toast.

Who would offer a coca cola?

Attached: IMG_20190722_161518.jpg (390x389, 89K)

Honestly, yes.

The building's such a sad sight, knowing what it looked like before.

Attached: 1529818462605.png (600x640, 237K)

>it's opened

Attached: 1554663356715.jpg (691x618, 50K)

The soul actually exists and weights 21 grams.
Those with stronger spiritual senses can use those beverages to quench their thirst.

>Also the fact that you can easily get one from a vending machine on the way.
This is the real reason. Theres a half drunken coca cola there, these are all probably fairly last minute offerings

That looks half drank already.

Americans send their regards.

The ghosts are still trapped in that perpetual hellfire. You'd think they could use a drink.

>half bottle

An evil goat

Attached: 1558956287521.jpg (651x854, 77K)

At least when a black guy pours out a forty, the rain washes it away. Basketball Americans unironically have a more clean and sensible offering system than the Japanese.

Who said he left it there half opened? Clearly the ghosts prefer coca cola so much they already drank half

>Why did nips leave beverages by the building?
They put water by the building to help put out the fire

Attached: t_767686.png (360x400, 224K)

Pretty sure it's a pseudo mahayana buddhist thing, you're giving their spirits (for lack of better term) a piece of your meal
Hence you'll also find small plates with samples of meals left at shrines
Then again, it's a japanese version of buddhism, so it's hard to know

Do only black people do that?

No he's just obsessed with the BBC

They do this with my favorite director's grave in Japan. I thought it was because he liked sake so people left him sake at his grave.

Attached: yasujiro ozu grave.jpg (752x440, 102K)

See

Like pouring out some beer for the homies

Why Japanese leave water bottles and soft drinks is due to Shinto and because they are strangers.

Immediately after a death (or, in earlier days, just before the expected death), relatives moisten the dying or deceased person's lips with water, a practice known as water of the last moment (末期の水 matsugo-no-mizu)

Symbolically, this last offering of water is the final chance to revive the corpse. Since the dead will no longer drink of the water of the living, this water is both an offering to the deceased and a guarantee that he is truly dead. In addition to providing hope (of revival) and proof (of death), this water is the first in a long series of offerings of food and drink made to the deceased in his new status as an ancestor.

Look up Matsugo no mizu.

These people are strangers so they can't actually wet the deceased lips but as a substitution, they leave water and soft drinks instead.

I thought that pouring a 40oz on your homie's grave was something that began with blacks and is generally associated with blacks. Maybe that's just MTV/Hollywood corrupting me though.

kurosawa?

>be japanese
>burn to death
>get coca cola'd

Attached: 1476788311968.jpg (1111x597, 131K)

Read

I thought leaving food and drink and flowers at memorials and graves was pretty common among a lot of cultures. I see it done at roadside crosses for hit and runs in Canada.

Pouring alcohol over a grave is a common thing all over the world.

Water and soft drinks near the scene of a tragedy is usually pretty Asian culture only while Westerners place flowers and balloons near the scene of a tragedy instead.

However, both Japanese and Westerners do have the practice of offering alcohol in front of graves

Hikkis gotta empty their houses sometime.

redditor faggot
but thanks user

Soldiers have poured glasses of alcohol for their fallen comrades for centuries. Even in ancient Rome, libations for the gods were performed before meals.

Do they have 40s in Japan?

Fascinating

Little do we know, this is actually a calling card from the Coca Cola Colombian death squad, who were the real perpetrators of the fire.

No, you tend to look 25 for your entire life until you hit 65 and then you suddenly look 80.

It's not just a Japanese thing, it happens in other cultures as well.
In Mexico they leave tobacco, beer, wine, tequila, food, sweets and other stuff according to the deceased taste or last wishes.

I'd get the drinks and sell them or drink it, Im not a jap fag so i don't give a shit about their pagan customs

They are actually piss bottles left by neets who loved K-ON. 8 years old fermented neet pee is the greatest offering an otaku can give

>room temp soft drinks
Disgusting.

>what is a freezer
So Yea Forums really lowers people's IQ huh

Attached: whyNoImgBoard&NoPMO&NoYoutube.jpg (952x717, 618K)

Enjoy catching the Japanese flu

who the fuck drank the damn coke

Are you really gonna carry away all of these bottles and waste freezer space with them?

okay I get water and alcohol, but who the fuck leaves a half empty bottle of cola

It's tribute.

"No one should reach Nirvana without the taste of good sake on their lips." -Hiko

No Japanese is gonna buy room temperature soft drinks off a foreign street vendor

Yes, then proceed to sell then for half the price
Dead people are either in hell, in purgatory, on in heaven, the last thing they need is food and drinka

Im vaccinated against yellow fever, thank you kind sir

>left by neets who loved K-ON
>neets with no life experience loved kyoanus works
Seems about right

My mom pretty much offers soda and water + food whenever we visit my grandma's grave, it's an Asian thing

I envy the size of your freezer.

>being this poor
I don't think they would even care, someone has to clean it up after all.

It doesn't sound like the profits per hour of carrying and cooling down bottles would be anywhere near minimum wage

Libations have been a thing for millennia

Some traditions have a thing where you "share".
Like drink half the bottle and pour the other half out for the dead.

Someone who knows their fallen comrade liked Coke.

I bet it was an otaku who thought it would be an indirect kiss.

I'd like to think:
Some autistic otaku who knows that one of the animators really liked cola, because they mentioned it once ten years ago.

Attached: share with kyoani.jpg (480x942, 110K)

No, they leave sake but children (read: anime fans) can't buy it so they go w/e.

Everyone seems to be focusing on the Coke, but is that a can of Dr. Pepper?

Hey, I'm a doctor from a country that you don't give two shits about.
Retinoblastoma is a form of cancer in the eyes, depending on wether the kid can see or not, there is a chance to save the kid's eye and we don't have to take the whole thing out.
Some guy told me japanese developed these techniques because in japan, after you die, you can only go to heaven if you still have your eyes.

I need to know if this is true.

I love writs of death for different cultures, it's honestly one of those things that I find to be super interesting.

All I can think of is going there with a 40 now and pouring one out for my animator homies.

I won't accept it until you say it in red

Attached: batora points from batora.png (239x234, 78K)

Yes it is.

>wow anons why are japanese breathing air
>actually it's an old edo era tradition the bushido code specifically says you need to breath and since all samurais were breathing it became a cool thing to do with the peasants as well, to this day the japanese breathe
>wooow japan is so magical
Fucking hell

leaving flammable liquids would not be of taste,

ignoring the fact that it's actually a different religion and culture? How do you keep up with society being deliberately cynical?

Maybe someone was thirsty and wanted to drink some coke?

the point ia that offering food and drinks the the diseased is a custom all over the world but many are passing it as magical japan thing because weebs

I really want to know where are you from.
We do not do that in latam.

What is wrong with your brain?

If you left a bunch of bottles of water at a memorial in America people would think you were littering or up to no good.

Are you European? I heard you guys don't have culture. Notice the drinks.

Attached: khounxay_hmong_grave_with_offerings_DSC1594.jpg (1199x796, 92K)

at south america it's flowers on the grave but I think that most people ignore it and/or pay for grave-keeping.

Offerings to the dead

He watches Rick and Morty on repeat.

yeah, in America it seems that they shot up the grave and leave a hamburger

Here's Yea Forumss dead eceleb. Wow I guess he had shinto fans as well huh

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (1929x2101, 1.32M)

Mexicans have a whole holiday about this, it's not that weird

I do not think Latin America is in Europe, my dear user.
I'm literally lmaoing at American education right now.

Ah yes the Hmong, a prominent culture that everyone is deeply familiar.

This thread is such cancer. If you guys are gonna be brainlet ape-people could you at least be funny?

>Nivea cream
Step up your game, drinkfags

>If you left a bunch of bottles of water at a memorial in America
Do you know why Japan does many of the things they do? They copied a lot of American culture after the occupation.

Attached: visitors-set-up-memorials-to-those-lost-in-the-route-91-shooting-at-KEDD8F.jpg (1300x950, 284K)

I see empty bottles of alcohol.

Look at the bottles very closely. Most of them are empty like the empty Hennessy Bottle.

Meanwhile, Japan has bottles that are full of liquid and not empty.

>People die in a fire
>Here's a bottle of water.
A little late for that.

Do you think being retarded makes you cool?

This, I always pour a little of the whisky on the ground before I drink it to remember my grandpa who fucking loved whisky

They may have poured some on the ground .. like for the souls who are still bound to the earth

user, that's one bottle of water, and it's clearly being used as a vase.

>one for me and one for my homies

Please refrain from bullying Americans.

Regardless Americans 100% leave food, drink, toys, etc. at the site of tragedies or gravestones.

They deserve it

Because Amerifats walk by and drink the shit they left for him. While the Japanese have the sense to not touch they things left for the dead.

It's pretty normal

Attached: 1563531097236.jpg (1137x1908, 568K)

But they can not handle it!

I guess it makes sense that a board that can't even be civil when talking about offerings will also constantly chimpout when discussing cartoons about little girls drinking tea

Day by day this place feeling a lot closer to Yea Forums

Attached: 1449358033496.jpg (640x480, 18K)

>using anime as examples
Holy shit. How retarded can you be?

This is now the KyoAni fire discussion thread.

Moe Toyota (Shappire in "Hibike!") has written in her blog about the incident
>ameblo.jp/toyotamoe/entry-12496814577.html
If someone can do a better translation will be appreciated.

Attached: Recovery_Hibike.jpg (381x534, 27K)

You do realize the coke and a couple water bottles at KyoAni are half empty? You either leave a full drink there, or pour some or most of it and leave the rest there. If your country is culture-less please just shut up.

Not only a coke
but HALF a coke
top fucking kek how disrespectful

>You either leave a full drink there, or pour some or most of it and leave the rest there

Exactly, so why are the ones left for Etika empty? If they were left half empty or mostly empty, they would stay that way.

Everything I know I learned from anime. I thought everyone did the same

Attached: 1531194084618.png (720x720, 487K)

Maybe it was just some tourist who passed by and was thirsty, he probably thought "damn the japanese sure are nice leaving free drinks like that"

According to the Interwebs the water bottles are there to hold down drawings and other papers. This is up on a tall bridge so the wind is pretty bad.
The alcohol bottles and choco milk are obviously offerings though. The idea of leaving something personally meaningful exists here, and Etika was a memelord so there's a lot of random shit people found meaningful.

I have see various foreigners at the praying place there in the tv channels, and somebody left some flowers with the message "Pray for KyoAni" and at the bottom "KyoAni finds a way".

>not leaving something for the thirsty ghosts to drink.
How cural.
Honestly offering a drink to the dead goes back to Greek times in writing and likely earlier.
Also it’s normal to leave something they liked as a memorial. When kids die people leave teddy bears and stuff. Not because they believe the kid ghoat will play for them, just because they know the kid liked them

They did that in old Greek and Roman times

Who is this.

Because they poured all of it and left the drink there. Ghosts enjoy items that represent some sort of gesture or semblance.

You're a bit late with the water, Nips.

A patrician.

For Pete's sake everyone, it's NOT half empty. It's the reflection of the cloudy sky on the curved top half that makes it look that way.

Something about kyoani fire threads that attracts bandwagoning shitposters

>he doesnt pour out a lil' liquor for the homies who couldnt make it
yous a bitch nigga op

Attached: guns.jpg (600x564, 33K)

They brought him chocolate milk

Attached: 1261688568998.jpg (380x264, 73K)

Alcohol is flammable

But all my frens are alive :(

It's a Shinto thing you dip.

What about your friend Tupac Amaru Shakur

wtf I'm a Biggie Smalls fren, you fucked up son.

Attached: MakeMyDay_Satania.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

How could I ever forget Hiroshima Alexopoulos the first honorary greek-japanese from the ancient times.
Ah yeah those Spartans with katana never forgetti

>something
It’s literally niggers and discordfaggots from Yea Forums picking threads to shitpost all day in

There's a figure in Mayan folklore called Maximón or San Simón that many people in Guatemala still revere as a saint. He often wears sunglasses and loves money, tobacco, and booze. He can grant wishes and put curses on your enemies.
It's a consistent problem that people will pour liquor all over his wooden statues, then stick a cigar in his mouth and light it.

Nips have a brand of water called Pocari Sweat wtf why would u drink something that says sweat on it

Are you suicidal?

Attached: bandit keith.png (257x194, 70K)

>dr pepper
Based Maddo Scientisto

One of the only chinese characters I recognize because Ozu is my nigger.

Attached: 7121.png (345x236, 8K)

Offerings for the souls, you americunts wouldn't understand.

"Pour one out for my niggas" but they're too polite to litter

Did you even read the thread? Literally only non-Americans are bashing this tradition. Moot was right, this website should have been American IPs only.

>A Pepsi product & a Coke product made it in the pic

Based corporations lads. Gotta love them marketing in tragedies

Attached: 1561734746774.jpg (1024x576, 35K)

I believe it, there are a lot of people who are organ donors but specifically state that eyes cannot be harvested because they're the window to a person's soul.

Where's the Pepsi product?
If you point to the Dr Pepper, you're wrong; it's distributed by Coca-Cola in Japan.

Imagine you're a ghost and really wants a coca cola
Nips are pretty based off you think about it

this is the most tryhard thing I've ever read

>writ
you're looking for "rite"

The offering can be literally anything, even an empty glass, what's impprtant is the gesture.

heh

It might be an offering, but there's a very good chance that a couple of those bottles are there because many Japanese believe that bottles like that scare away cats, especially at night, due to their shininess.
They're trying to protect that flower display above it. You'll see this occasionally if you travel throughout Japan.

Attached: 8765342.jpg (1308x782, 196K)

>DIY mana bottles

Daru actually stole one of his Doctor Ps when he went to the gravesite of the moe factory.

You mean Yea Forums the Japanese video game board? faggot.
Post ancient cultures doing it.

>no respect for the dead
>wants to profit from other people's charity
>edgy
>calls it "pagan costumes "
Are you American?

Imagine not having any culture.

What if some hater left a soda bottle filled with gasoline?

Please donate me a Nintendo Switch when I die

>a bottle of cream
What?

It's an american thing. You use moisturizer before fapping.

Shouldn’t they have thrown the shit in the water? How is he gonna reach it from down there?

Because of their mutilated foreskins?

>in japan, after you die, you can only go to heaven if you still have your eyes.
That sounds like bullshit.
Shinto has way too many cripples (from various wars and injuries in fights since the Jomon legends) to have that sort of thing be part of their dogma of "purity" (unless they developed prosthetics for the dead in lieu of working eyes or whathaveyou in life, like how ancient Egyptians would put fake eyes and noses and sometimes replacement organs in mummies). And Buddhism wouldn't give a shit about that.

It’s true. Hell is full of blind faggots bumbling around in the hellfire.

twitter.com/highimpactsex/status/1152933512703631360?s=19

>Leave a tightly-sealed packed bottle of carbonated soda in the hot Summer sun.
>What is Gay-Lussac's law?

Fucking faggot.

Its called pouring one out for your homie

Someone edit this to the kyoani fire

Attached: 1369238162005.jpg (864x970, 288K)

>The president of Kyoto Animation has asked the media not to release the names of the victims out of respect for their families, stating that "releasing their names does nothing to serve the public good."
Oh well, guess we'll never know who actually survived.

Attached: anime_disgust.png (880x800, 729K)

The names will come out regardless of his will or intent.

>No he's just obsessed with the BBC
Who isn't?

if this was in america niggers would have already mugged those drinks

Attached: 1541130676262.png (549x550, 151K)

like pouring a 40 on the curb but more respectful because it doesn't make a mess

100% true

>mfw japs LITERALLY bring coca colas to a memorial

Attached: 1457314468273.jpg (1462x1462, 411K)

Is the majority of Yea Forums fucking retarded or sheltered? It's a common thing by many cultures to leave food items or items for the dead. It's not some stupid bullshit that some guy pulled out of his ass like the Japs do it because they believe fucking water will bring a dragon that guides the dead to the after life.

Attached: 1517269609360.jpg (354x263, 50K)

>キッコマン
>basedsauce as a offering

Welp

Nice bait, the niwakas will fall for it for sure. Truth is that nippon people just like pet bottles of water and will put them literally everywhere. Visitors to japan will know what I'm talking about.

Attached: nekoyoke-pet.jpg (600x450, 52K)

>Is the majority of Yea Forums fucking retarded or sheltered?
Welcome to the new world.
The fact that they keep asking is even more obnoxious.

>Pouring alcohol over a grave is a common thing all over the world.
Is it alright to give the alcohol a swish through my kidneys first?

sad but true

more examples

Attached: 2301459867_7a0d3a25c5.jpg (500x500, 187K)

Attached: f0135351_465040.jpg (480x320, 233K)

youtu.be/VsK8DQTwoOA

Attached: img_petbottle01.jpg (1000x563, 178K)

We pour alcohol over graves her too, but bottles of 120 Yen water or half finished cola? I'd haunt them as a ghost

Dia de muertos.

ITT: retards

What prevents anyone from going there and grab one to drink?

Why do Amerifats pour alcohol on people's graves? Is this how they commemorate the dead?

Same thing happens in UK where niggers stole water bottles from a marathon.

That's the first thing you think of? Says more about you than anything really.

These make no fucking sense. For what purpose?

lack of niggers.

Attached: One_Piece_v11_088.png (762x1200, 133K)

Just suck a black dick already, jesus

Theoretically, stops dogs and cats from peeing and marking their territory.
But actually its just a old custom and doesn't exactly work.

read the thread speedreader

Cat deterrent

No because I'm not a fucking retard
I'd leave a Dr.Pepper

Almost no nigs.

i gotta pour one for my homies

Attached: 40.jpg (500x333, 69K)

Dogs would just drink the water and piss there.

White people talking about nigger rituals is epic cringe

Just get a 40

Kyouma left his Doc P there too.

I've seen people claim that water bottles help ward off mosquitoes. Something about confusing their senses.

>implying it's americans
This thread is /int/-tier shitposting by yuros.

>yfw Japanese are part Turkic (Jomon), making them a Eurasian negroid + Han Chinese admixture.

Ooga booga, environment not genetics makes a savage.

Attached: chimp_teeth.jpg (470x404, 35K)

This. When my father died, his viet wife would cook food for his shrine for 80 days and have "dinner" with him.
Actually a pretty sweet gesture. Unlike certain other cultural funeral rites

Those are water bags.

Both are factors and which matter most depends on the variance of each factor in the sampled population.

Alcohol causes organic matter to decompose faster. It's what they would have wanted.

Tell me what is the "grape drank" of nippers?

you didnt saw coco fucking asshole?
they put their favorite drink so they can see the offerings and "drink in spirit" the coca cola, sure is summer

>japs are turk and chinese rapebabies
Big if true

Flowers are expensive. Bottles of drink is cheap

Why are they in perfect sync? Shouldn't they each be bobbing up an down at their own pace?

Is common in asia to open the drink for the dead, most asain believe spirits can't move the object made by mortals unless its powerful enough.

Since when can dogs open bottles?

you forget they're Japanese

turkish =/= turkic
They share common ancestors but aren't the same, one predates the other's existence by many centuries before they forked off, a very widespread nomadic people, they were called Altaic, Tartarian, Aryan, and many other monikers at various times, which goes purposefully unmentioned in the history books. (Can you guess why?)

I wouldn't be surprised
youtube.com/watch?v=amcN11beRuk

Offering but some thirsty hobo will drink it sooner or later.

>they were called Altaic, Tartarian, Aryan, and many other monikers at various times, which goes purposefully unmentioned
source?

stay hydrated :)

>jomon are turkic
Meme. They're their own distinct population
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jōmon_people

Did anyone else think all that fanart with kyoani characters crying amongst embers and sparks from a blaze to be kind of distasteful. I mean how did these people honestly think that it would be a good idea to include the thing that killed half the people in that building, that also left many of the survivors permanently disabled and destroyed most of the companys work?

Attached: kyoto_animation_fire_by_ducklordethan_ddbz1eu-pre.jpg (1063x752, 94K)

Why not steal the bottles so you can recycle them for cash? Literally a /biz/ enterprise right there

Do be fair, the sulfur (which gives the yellow colour along with dead blood cells) erodes after a year in liquid, thus making the pee clear. And due to the nitric acids breaking down, 8 year old piss would basically just taste like stale water and be perfectly fine for consumption.

Shut the fuck up

I like how that artist included a patreon link. They have no shame making money from a tragedy.

Just search up any combination of those names Tip: Don't rely on Google or Wikipedia for finding many true 'alternative' historical accounts, try something less filtered like Yandex.
Common ancestors and genes doesn't imply they aren't now "distinct" like any other group.

it is but Yea Forums is a bunch of shut ins

I don't know how long you've tried keeping urine in a jar, but the potency definitely becomes more intense not less with time. Urea breaks down into ammonia, which doesn't go anywhere in a sealed jar.

>picture has no links to patreon, only their social media
are you blind or are you talking with a lack of context

m.youtube.com/watch?v=D7e4Fmutzms

>social media
Gaining exposure from a tragedy is a scum move.

It's not a big deal really.

What did you personally do?

theres a memorial where i live in ny for kyoani, i started it and its gained alot of stuff, il post pics when im home.

You forgot poor as fuck kek

No I can't guess why enlighten us

No, let's not start discussing pee science.

I think it's fine. A bit too "fanboy"y for my taste, but putting effort into art is a nice gesture nonetheless, despite whatever intent the author had.

Link a source that states Jōmon people are turkic in origin or fuck off. Altaic genetic origin is not taken seriously by most academics

Even heard that historical record gets controlled by those with the most dominance? We all learn one version of history in school or from family. It may not be the most complete or accurate version, merely some people's preferred version.
It's easier than ever to find alternate information, but only if one seeks it out; that's the algorithm, it gives one more of whatever it predicts one wants to see.

I'm just glad there's still fanarts of side characters

I think it's better when they act as one smug hive mind.