Toyko 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games

WTF I LOVE SPORTS NOW
twitter.com/Tokyo2020/status/1153273490113302528

Attached: EAGFV9rXsAUliqX.png (449x311, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=350ooSZd-vc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Twitter
Go away.

>Paralympics
What's the point of this

To prepare for the day when augmented humans surpass natural born humans.

Paralympics could be awesome without so many regulations. Basically whoever has the best engineers wins. Kinda like robot competitions, but with human pilots.

The same could be said of F1. I'm honestly hoping major prosthetic makers would band together to start their own sports tournaments.

No, because then whoever has the most money/best tech would win, and that's not in the spirit of the Olympics.
>inb4 that's how it is already
True to an extent, but not nearly to the extent of having a machine's aid.
It would be awesome, I agree, but it should be a completely different thing than the Olympics/Paralympics.

I do not propose to remove -all- regulations, human condition should still be an important factor, machine/human compability being the focus of the competition. I'm sure a balance is possible, but as things are right now, there's no opportunity for creativity or innovative designs to emerge.

Fair enough, as long as it has good competitive spirit, both human and mechanical.

Would be awesome to see track & field with some sort of spring-assisted prosthetic legs.

Fair enough. Olympics is about humanity as such, and thus want to make sure participation is as open as possible. But to chase and exceed a limit regardless of how humanity is defined is an aspect of the human spirit as well, and I'm sure many disabled athletes feels this way a well. Just as no man is an island, being at the centre and the fulcrum of a concerted effort isn't dehumanizing. But I don't disagree with your saying this isn't Olympics orthodox.

>Basically whoever has the best engineers wins
>whoever has the most money/best tech would win
Is this what Killing Bites is?

This thing is cute.
youtube.com/watch?v=350ooSZd-vc

Yes, but with robot bits instead of fleshy ones.

Petition to bring back /spa/ during that month, let's do it.

Attached: greatest love story.jpg (600x600, 395K)

lurking for 5 years and still dont know why Yea Forums love Yea Forums so much

Both are escapism and distraction media.

the same applies to Yea Forums and Yea Forums but I dont see them walking holding their hands

>Cute
>Strong
>Fast
>Athletic

I wish it were real...

Attached: mirai-suplex.jpg (850x475, 30K)

Yea Forums is not a pedophile

Quit trying to fit in.

I miss /mo/
Also team mini

>skateboarding is official
Oh boy, looking forward to the anime with cute girls though.