Why She is So Popular ?

The Twenty Tens Most popular Character
Saber

Attached: Fate Saber 333.jpg (775x1200, 273K)

bad taste

Pretty much all the FGO servants are more popular than OG seiba

Attached: crocodile-mr-0-one-piece-6.82.jpg (210x240, 19K)

/thread

like 50% of fate go servants are saber

That's because FGO Saber lacks the depth and charm that made her character so great. It's one of the reasons it's so shit and why FGO tertiaries are even shittier for only liking those they can fap to.

FGO Saber is still SN Saber though Nasu is just refusing to use her because she's done as a character and prefers using alternate versions of her.

Wormbros....We got too cocky.

Nasu outright said OG Saber's story had been completed and her clone(s) would play a role in FGO story instead of the original one.

see

Japan loves girls with no personality.

I didn't know Sheryl from Macross was so popular.

Can anyone translate the rest of the list? I'm intrigued.

False flag. Saberfags and Sakurafags are bros.

Attached: __artoria_pendragon_matou_sakura_and_saber_fate_stay_night_and_etc_drawn_by_joseph_lee__c487ff5f6fe7 (1920x1259, 2.55M)

Not them but nah. Sakura is cool, Sakurafags are shitters.

>elegant yet simple design
>kind, polite, loyal and highly endearing
>can fight
>has great chemistry with the main character and their personalities and problems mirror and enhance the other
>Actually has a goal and his highly motivated, even if that goal is self-sacrificial and contraditory

A few of the reasons. She is just incredibly appealing. It helps that she came from an eroge as well, since it shows an adult and intimate side of her that is not usually seen in general Yea Forums content.

>FGO Saber lacks the depth and charm
She barely appears in FGO.

Really cute!

Attached: 1563723465145.jpg (700x1625, 162K)

Read the VN and you will understand.

Not true in the slightest. FGO has a large fanbase and artist-base that are constantly looking for something new. Most of the time, they will get bored of new servants very quickly and move on. The only ones that have really gained any permenant traction are Jeanne Alter and Scathach.

The banner which took the most money last year in Japan is the one that had Mysterios Heroine XX. Japan still fucking adores her.

>implying Saber isn't the best

To be fair both MHXX and Summer BB are really really popular especially during Summer 2018. They all have nice designs (MHXX looks fucking hot) and Summer BB has her special gimmick in gameplay too.

>FGO Saber is still SN Saber though

Very unlikely. Saber did not physically exist in the Throne of Heros before the events of F/SN and its only after either the Fate route or UBW Good End where she has the possibility of dying properly and a copy of her being made in the ToH.

FGO Saber is either a copy of Artoria made at the point of her "death" in the Fate route. Actual Saber in that route went to Avalon and waited for Shirou to appear which is Last Episode.

Its heavily speculated that we will get F/SN Saber in some form in the Camelot Lost Belt. She is also shown in the LB promotional art to have Avalon which is ONLY possible after the Fate route.

Except when you summon her? Except in the summer event? She's shit.

I always thought it was her never being saved after Heaven's Feel, thus going on to fight until she got the grail and fulfilling her contract

>Summer Event
The one where Scath fucked with everyone's spirit origins which caused a specific trait of theirs to become their dominant personality trait you mean?

-Archer Artoria is Saber's competitive spirit but dialed up to 11 and made the only thing that defines her.

-Ruler Martha is Martha's more combative side of her personality given form, meaning she wants to openly beat the shit out of people more

-Rider Mordred is Mordred's funloving side made more manifest, to the point where she only does things if she thinks their "fun and cool"

I could give more examples but I think the point is made. You shouldnt really make any comparisons in personality to any of the 1st Summer Servants to their original forms.

Nobody really gives a fuck about BB though.

I mean, if you just look at the pattern, the second most whaled banner was MXHA's banner. Japan just loves the Mysterios Heroines and Artoria in general.

>Its heavily speculated that we will get F/SN
Saber in some form in the Camelot Lost Belt.
>LB promotional art
Yeah, right. OG Saber has been given the main character treatment in promo art since day 1 and nothing has come of it since then despite all the opportunities.

Attached: 0.jpg (2560x1440, 375K)

You also forgot
>Tamamo acts like she doesn't have any romantic feelings for Hakuno(n) and is for Guda
In the New Year 2019 when Tamamo (Caster) turned into her swimsuit Lancer form, she said she didn't want to remember everything that had happened in that summer since it's a literal nightmare for her. In another event (which i forgot), Tamamo also got angry when Nero started talking about preparing swimsuit for summer.

HF Saber would simply return to Camelan after being killed in the HF HGW and wait for another chance to be summoned to erase herself.

Its very possible that UBW Good End Saber was able to come to a conclusion that her desire to erase herself from history was a mistake but we dont really know anything about how that ending progressed and that Saber would still not have access to Avalon

If the LB Promo art is actually genuinely hinting at what happens in the story and isnt just an image of Saber with Avalon just to generate hype then the only Saber it can be is the one who waits for Shirou in Avalon.

Attached: IMG_8860.jpg (1602x812, 391K)

>2010

She's popular because fate is popular and spans multiple audiences due to it being presented in a variety of mediums. Not rocket science.

That’s what I’m saying about HF Saber. She’ll erase herself from history but will continue on as a heroic spirit as per her contract.

This. As a Saberfag I haven't even bothered spending money to roll for her because she just wouldn't ever be as good as she was in the VN.

>OG Saber has been given the main character treatment in promo art since day 1 and nothing has come of it since then despite all the opportunities.

As mentioned here I definately accept that it could be another hollow advertising promo with no substance however I'm not sure thats the case. LB has been MUCH more story and character focused than the original release of FGO. Barely any of the characters shown in the FGO opening shot actually appear or have any real bearing on the plot in the main singularities (Ushiwakamaru; Mephistopeles; Jeckyll; Arjuna; Darius; Emiya; Bryn; Astolpho to name a few)

Whereas ALL the Servants seen in the LB image are all confirmed to be extremely relevant. It would be fucking strange if Artoria standinf specifically with Avalon in the centre of the image wasnt in some way going to be a big plot point, considering all the servants surrounding her are

which saber is this?

Attached: file.png (1209x1612, 3.35M)

Its 2010 the decade you utter brainlett.

It doesn’t matter. That’s why she’s no longer as popular. FGO tertiaries have never experienced Saber at her best.

The cannibal

She's beautiful, cool, the Elder God-tier character archetype (kuudere), she's cute, innocent, fun to pick on, loyal, independent, smart/calm, respectable, tragic, kind, dorky, modest, the artist behind her is crazy about her, she's mother fucking King Arthur, she's badass, an empowering female character, charming, charismatic, confident, I could go on if I had all day. Takeuchi was a genius with her design. It should be no wonder why she's so popular. The only people who wouldn't understand why she is as popular as she is haven't read or even seen the Fate route, which has problems, but excels on fleshing out her tragic story and resolving her struggle.

Saber is only "dependent" on Shirou in title. Physically Shirou is the one dependent on Saber, while Saber is sort of dependent on his idealistic views which convince her to except her life and all its unique tragedies, much like he struggles to do. Without each other they wouldn't have been able to conquer the HGW and themselves.
They are my favorite couple because of this.

I think most people also recognize her as "the face of Fate" before they are introduced to her character and so some are hyped up by this, expecting her to be somehow perfect. Saber is only as good as her role in the VN, which is wonderful and endearing. She's just a nice design in all tertiary series, but only truly shines in the VN and specifically in the Fate route, though she's really charming and endearing in HF as well. Being exposed to her in any other route/story first (Zero, FGO, F/A) would leave a bad impression of her because her original character arc was written BEFORE she was as popular as she is now or when those stories were written.
(1/2)

Attached: __artoria_pendragon_and_saber_fate_grand_order_and_etc_drawn_by_lq_saku__4d35eba657819e1b330cc2d364d (2048x1720, 373K)

I mean it's not like they need to experience original Saber at her peak or something considering she will never be an important character in the story. Her clone or another version of her (like Lion King) will do that.

She is still massively popular though. Every "version" of her released ends up being one of the most whaled banners of the year.

If you are talking about NA tertiaries, then fair enough but they were irrelevant anyways. Saber has been such a constant presence in Japan for around 15 years now that she will always be beloved by the Japs, and thats all that really matters to Type Moon or the fanbase as a whole

It was in the OG VN that her character and personality was the most pure form of Saber that has ever existed. She wasn't shown to be very cute and Nasu himself said that he was worried about people not thinking she was a girl due to how he wrote her character. Realta Nua changed some things but she's essentially the same as the original 2004 VN and F/HA.

Lastly, I feel a lot of people are exposed to her fanart and promotional material which shows her to be a plucky, spunky, and cute blonde girl. However, most hardcore saberfags' main impression of her was and always has been something more along the lines of this (pic related) sprite from the VN. A calm, calculating, stoic, but still cute and charming girl. I'm pretty sure that a good 30% of her character sprites in the VN are something similar to this.

Arturia is My King and I fucking love her, lads. She's been in my life for 10 god damn years now and I don't feel I'm ever gonna be able to forget about her. Never has a character, from anything or anywhere, touched me so deeply. The only possible female form I have felt a deeper connection with has been my actual wife, who I love and cherish very much. The relationship that Saber has with Shirou, of mutual trust and companionship even through disagreements and hardships, has become the ground work for my relationship with all women now.

Attached: セイバー私服20a(中).png (308x526, 140K)

It’s a shame really. Saber’s character can’t shine in FGO’s format and she’ll probably never be a main character again. All we’ll have is FSN and HA.

SeeAgain, widely speculated that she will be in the Camelot lost belt. DW are aware that a large section of the fanbase want Artoria as a main character in the Lost Belt saga.

Saber is for (Me).

Attached: 1545485065519.jpg (1440x2560, 494K)

>blue eyes
MHXX infiltration mission successful

If (whatever version of) Saber is indeed a main character in LB6 then that Lostbelt/humans in this LB are getting fucked pretty hard by her, or the Lostbelt has been fucked since the beginning and she is trying to save it but fails or one of the two Emissaries (Kirei can't do anything in LB6 since he's protecting Kadoc in and deals with Panhistory servants in LB5) is playing with it again.
Also noted that different from other Lostbelts, LB6 is surrounded by the Wall of Light (not the Wall of Storms)

>On the other hand, the English and South American Lostbelts---
>Those have a high possibility of self-destruction. That is what Trismegistus has advised.
>The depth of the English Lostbelt can’t be measured, meaning that it is “unfamiliar to this planet”.
>Although uncertain of what is going on within, compared to the Human Order Foundation and Panhuman History, the Human Order in that Lostbelt should be a step away from total collapse.
>The humans in the English Lostbelt will likely be extinct in just a few more months, that is how you could see it.
>Different from the other Lostbelts, the English Lostbelt is blocked off by a [Wall of Light], and I am concerned about the difference, but…

Fucking calling it right now, LB6 is getting fucked hard by Morgana who will be the main antagonist and servant of that Ace Master who's name I forget.

Artoria will manifest to save it. And it will be the Artoria who waits in Avalon for Shirou which will fit in extremely nicely with the ancient Arthurian prophecy that King Arthur will return when his Kingdom needs him most (Once and Future King and all that)

Best Saber, coming through.

>-Archer Artoria is Saber's competitive spirit but dialed up to 11 and made the only thing that defines her.

Not true. She was also defined by her love of food and being a bitch to Mordred.

Attached: richard_1.png (225x350, 143K)

>being a bitch to mordred
Fuck back off to facebook please, Mordred apologist. Though you are correct about the food bit, to be fair.

The point is that it shapes how people view her and explains why she isn't as popular in F/GO as in F/SN. Regardless of intent or even execution, the result is that Saber is boring as shit in F/GO.

She is just as popular as she ever has been though. I assume you are talking about in Japan however. Popularity elsewhere is literally meaninless

>Saber is boring as shit in F/GO.
Saber isn't in F/GO.

Saber is better as a Lancer. For two obvious reasons.

Attached: Lanceria4.png (512x724, 353K)

Literally an Agrias clone.

>The only possible female form I have felt a deeper connection with has been my actual wife, who I love and cherish very much.
This part should be cut out of the pasta. Saber is the only waifu needed.

And all of them are clones of Éowyn. She was the first Knight-Girl. You aren't clever.

Attached: Eowyn_with_sword.jpg (550x667, 66K)

>this is what GOtards tell themselves

Attached: kaguya laugh.webm (1280x720, 1.38M)

Its my pasta, friend. I have been intending to explore my connection with her more by filling in more details about how I feel. I should make it more universal because people here seem to like it.

Saberanon's wife pretty much is Saber irl though

og seiba