Whatthe chances for Yamakan to save Kyoani again?

Whatthe chances for Yamakan to save Kyoani again?

Attached: yamakan savior.jpg (400x311, 74K)

who the fuck is this guy and why is a meme

>not knowing

Attached: YamamotoYutaka.jpg (300x300, 12K)

He directs things badly and attention whores. Got kicked out of kyoani years ago.

He ushered in the golden age of kyoani with harehare yukai and the lucky star dance. Rumor said he got kicked out for sexual harassing yamada and he never got over it. Last seen with an umbrella infront of a burnt kyoani.

Let me see if I have a decent timeline of post-Kyoani Yamakan:

>he and other friends from KyoAni create another anime studio called Ordet
>first anime is whatever, no one fucking cares
>2nd one is Fractale
>Yamakan runs his mouth, claims that if this isn't successful, he'll retire from the anime industry
>january 2011: he gets into it with someone commenting on his blog - that someone told him to stop relying on the creations of others and to produce an original anime. Yamakan responds saying he'll retire right now if the commenter wants him to. Noitamina producers reprimand Yamakan for being a dumbass.
>Fractale isn't successful
>he briefly "retires" in april 2011
>"He has been at a loss at what to do because the audience didn’t accept Fractale"
>Yamakan says dumb shit for years since then
>is fired from Ordet in 2016 for whatever reason
>October 2016: Yamakan says anime is dead, feels that moe is "becoming fascist" (a direct quote, btw)
>March 2017: victim blames Tomita Mayu after she got stabbed by an insane fanboy, saying she was "too careless" and talking about how he would always be ready to defend himself in that situation
>same month: Yamakan gets butthurt at criticism for his comments. "The amazing thing is this. How long will this country's citizens continue to be satisfied by copying each other? Really, this country yields to the atmosphere, this dirty garbage nation."
>September 2017: I'll just paste the headline - Anime Director Yamakan Apologizes for 'Disabled' Otaku Comment. He said that if you watch anime past "an appropriate age" are disabled.
>some time in early march 2018: shit talked #MeToo with an argument that's basically "if I sexually harass women, it's a joke, so it's ok. Also, I'm more afraid of them than they are of me."

>June 2018: Blames otaku for some anime being cancelled before it even aired. No one cared for Yamakan's comments. [New Life]+
>August 2018: yamakan's twitter accounts are suspended after some catty bullshit from him
>January 2019: Once again says he'll retire from anime, says there's no reason to live unless he swallows a bunch of medicine
>March 2019: Yamakan files for bankrupcy
>May 2019: "Yutaka Yamamoto Vows to Leave Anime Industry After Finishing Hakubo Film" (the film is out already, iirc, no one cared)

>some long dramu took place with Wake Up Girls, the franchise is effectively dead, and Ordet was fucked.
Also, I'm having trouble finding the origin of the "saving anime" meme. Closest I got was an interview from Otakon 2009 where Yamakan said he wanted to bring back the old way of making anime...which isn't very dramatic, just midly amusing in hindsight.

Yamada is still alive
No chance in hell she'd put up with his return

IIRC its from fractale.
Also Yamakan saved anime on the 1st 4chancup

you forgot the part where he blames an idol for being stabbed by a crazed fan
and the part where he tells Shinkai to "Shut up" when giving sympathies on twitter

>Anime Director Yamakan Apologizes for 'Disabled' Otaku Comment. He said that if you watch anime past "an appropriate age" are disabled.
Sounds like he was taking a shot at himself.

He's a highly talented director who created the only things KyoAni is known for, but they fired him for reasons unknown.

I wonder who is behind this post.

You forgot
>inserted himself into the Kemono Friends debacle when Tatsuki was fired, tweeting that if he was tapped to direct S2 he would hand it directly to Tatsuki
>fans told him to butt out
>after negotiations between Yaoyorozu and Kadokawa fell through, he tweeted again saying "Alas"
>fans tell him he didn't do anything to begin with
Guy is a joke

Tomita Mayu is that idol, I mentioned her right above that post. I did forget about him saying that to Shinkai, though.
What a fucking meme. The part about him needing to swallow medicine was grim, though, feels like he might actually be mentally unstable somehow.

Isn't it on paper it was mutual differences but in reality he sexually harassed the ladies and had an unstoppable ego?

I certainly hope so. This character arc has been going downhill for too long. It's time for a comeback.

No, but it is on record crossboarders from Yea Forums enjoy making up rumors then pretending as if they're true.

I don't know about the harassment but his ego is off the charts
I remember a pic of him taken during WUG production where he was prancing around behind an animator drawing the dance sequences

>prancing around behind an animator drawing the dance sequences
Oh come on, directors do that all the time.

You mean he was serving as a model for the dance animation? Wow, what a horrible guy.

The animator had this expression like 'this fucking guy' and we had a good laugh over it in the threads
If I remember correctly Yamakan kept demanding upskirts in the dance sequences so the girls' panties would show briefly, that might be one of the reasons why Yamada wanted him out

To be fair he probably saw Shinkai as taking advantage of the tragedy to promote his movie.

It wasn't Shinkai's fault that the movie's release date happened to be 2 days later
And anyway Yamakan promoted his own movie right after the initial couple tweets

So you're telling me Yamakan is one hell of a guy while Yamada (someone infamous for never making a good anime in her entire career) hates panty shots? Tells us all we need to know

>Yamakan is one hell of a guy
Nah

Liz to Aoi was great, zero taste.

Yamakan has the courage not to hide behind anonymity yet that makes him a bad person? Or should shit on everyone who makes a shitpost here and there?

>Fractale
How the fuck do I still remember this exists? It was mediocre, with the only thing that stands out is its kaleidoscope OP.

I forgot Fractale happened.

Stop posting Yamakan

Attached: sentogun.jpg (500x281, 98K)

And he shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Attached: yamakan.png (411x273, 255K)

Yamakan has the "courage" to be constantly shitposting in the open and that's why nobody likes him
He's like the average tripfag if you will, barely contributing if at all and annoying everyone else

Sounds like a great guy.

Average tripfags are underage or mentally retarded worthless niggers who contribute nothing

Yamakan provides us the insight & commentary only a Tokyo-U graduate could provide. Also he's one of the best directors of our generation.

Yes there is no doubting in his talent to make meme dance, haruhi and lucky star come to mind. That wakeup girls dance scene with the panty shot was the only thing i remembered from that mediocre show.
He should have control his urges to sexual harass his coworkers where 70% are female. He even doubled down during the height of the #metoo movement saying that he would continue doing it.

Yamakan is good at directing nice scenes but his ego prevents him from being capable of good story telling.

Alright I'm done taking the bait

Attached: sharkweek.gif (480x270, 2.16M)